PDA

View Full Version : Honest Question for NDSU fans

FCS_pwns_FBS
January 10th, 2016, 06:44 PM
Have you become inured to winning national championships yet?

AmsterBison
January 10th, 2016, 06:57 PM
It'll never get old.

dewey
January 10th, 2016, 07:13 PM
It'll never get old.

^^^THIS! It is great to win because you never now when it will end (streak of National Championships).

Dewey

NoDak 4 Ever
January 10th, 2016, 07:25 PM
Just getting there is good enough for me. It's like a 3 day family reunion every time. I ran into so many people I didn't expect to this weekend.

Oh yeah, winning is pretty sweet too.

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 10th, 2016, 07:30 PM
Winning gets old?

xlolx

Bison56
January 10th, 2016, 07:38 PM
Not for me.

centennial
January 10th, 2016, 07:43 PM
No. But I like knocking out FBS schools. None will play us anymore.

Professor Chaos
January 10th, 2016, 07:45 PM
Nope.

No championship will ever be like the first D1 championship for me but I don't see it ever getting old. I've been to Frisco all 5 years and I'll be excited as hell to go again next year if the Bison make it.

awBison
January 10th, 2016, 07:47 PM
Last year (2014) wasn't looking the best and it definitely was not a certain thing. There were so many changes to the coaching staff and
and a lot of new players. With that said, I did think we had a pretty good shot by the playoffs.

This year (2015) started even rougher after the USD loss and losing CW. I had some serious doubts that we'd even make it there after that.
Defense was making mistakes and not getting good angles on run plays. Things were looking bleak but man did our D step it up.
Easton turned out to be better than we could have asked for.
We will lose a few key players next year but I think we should still be pretty tough to beat. Unless we just don't play to our potential
I think it will be tough to beat next year's team. The thing about this game is you have to make each play. Things can turn around
really quick. It sure is a great run we're on.

And no, it does not get old. Especially after having to endure the Vikings losses and
terrible coaching for so many years. It is nice to see my team consistently execute when it is on the line.
I would LOVE to see us just dominate Iowa on our opening game. I think it is possible though unlikely.
I'd give us decent odds of winning the game though. Probably better than 30% chance minimum and
a lot higher if Iowa makes mistakes.

BisonBabe
January 10th, 2016, 07:52 PM
No it does not get old. The ride is sometimes tipsy turvey making you feel like you might hurl at times. But in the end you get to have the chance to party with all the other Bison Nation fans in mostly nice weather.

NDSU1980
January 10th, 2016, 07:58 PM
How can something that great ever get old? Keep it coming

WTFCollegefootballfan
January 10th, 2016, 07:58 PM
No, it does not get old. This year's Bison team was mostly freshmen, think about that.

BisonTru
January 10th, 2016, 08:04 PM
No, it does not get old. This year's Bison team was mostly freshmen, think about that.

Wow, we started a Fr QB and Safety. Not quite mostly.

Wilson16
January 10th, 2016, 08:18 PM
Mostly freshmen??

WTFCollegefootballfan
January 10th, 2016, 09:33 PM
Wow, we started a Fr QB and Safety. Not quite mostly.
Look at the roster.

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 10th, 2016, 09:34 PM
Look at the roster.

yes, there are a lot of good freshman but only 2 started

Wilson16
January 10th, 2016, 09:41 PM
yes, there are a lot of good freshman but only 2 started
What's a lot?

IBleedYellow
January 10th, 2016, 10:07 PM
No way.

Partying it up with 25,000 of my closest family? Wouldn't trade that for the world. Nothing will ever match that first FCS Title for me, but the rest are still awesome.

Hammerhead
January 10th, 2016, 10:36 PM
I thought it might get old, but it didn't. This was our 3rd trip to Frisco -- 2 flying from Oregon where we used to live and a road trip down from Fargo where we live now.

dgtw
January 11th, 2016, 04:37 AM
I cannot imagine how winning it all could ever get old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gil Dobie
January 11th, 2016, 07:54 AM
Have to savor each year, as you never know when it will end, and it may never happen again in my lifetime.

McNeese72
January 11th, 2016, 08:01 AM
Well, I wonder who comes in second next season?? ;)

Doc

MarkyMark
January 11th, 2016, 10:05 AM
The first championship was amazing and our undefeated season was the most boring. This season and championship was probably my favorite with all of the uncertainty, new faces and vast improvement from the beginning to the end. Loved watching this group evolve into another championship Bison team.

Bisonator
January 11th, 2016, 11:59 AM
Never gets old. Each year is different. Watching the younger players progress and keep winning championships is very rewarding!

ALPHAGRIZ1
January 11th, 2016, 01:12 PM
Everyone needs to calm down a bit, its not like these guys are Wisconsin-Whitewater.......................................m aybe someday but not yet.

bisonboone11
January 11th, 2016, 04:48 PM
Everyone needs to calm down a bit, its not like these guys are Wisconsin-Whitewater.......................................m aybe someday but not yet.

Wisconsin-Whitewater has won 6 national championships in the last 9 seasons. NDSU has 5 in the last 5. I'd say that is pretty close. Who is going to be the "Mount Union" that steps up and knocks NDSU off the top?

BisonFan02
January 11th, 2016, 04:51 PM
Wisconsin-Whitewater has won 6 national championships in the last 9 seasons. NDSU has 5 in the last 5. I'd say that is pretty close. Who is going to be the "Mount Union" that steps up and knocks NDSU off the top?

http://cdn0.wideopenspaces.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Head-First-Dive.gif

Cocky
January 11th, 2016, 04:56 PM
Post from the Sunbelt board, thought you NDSU fans needed a good laugh. Hell JSU could beat the top 3 of the Sunbelt this year (and most).

NDSU is a strong team...no doubt about that. As others have pointed out, they "could" beat any team in the SBC on any given day, but I definitely do not believe they would be favored over the top 3 from 2015. If they played an FBS schedule, depth would be a big factor. App stumbled a bit at the end of the season because of injuries and lack of depth and we have been able to add scholarships...but still have FCS recruited players in the mix.

I actually hated that App had those "down" years at the end of our FCS run because I would have loved to meet NDSU in the playoffs when we were at the top of our game.

BisonFan02
January 11th, 2016, 04:59 PM
Post from the Sunbelt board, thought you NDSU fans needed a good laugh. Hell JSU could beat the top 3 of the Sunbelt this year (and most).

NDSU is a strong team...no doubt about that. As others have pointed out, they "could" beat any team in the SBC on any given day, but I definitely do not believe they would be favored over the top 3 from 2015. If they played an FBS schedule, depth would be a big factor. App stumbled a bit at the end of the season because of injuries and lack of depth and we have been able to add scholarships...but still have FCS recruited players in the mix.

I actually hated that App had those "down" years at the end of our FCS run because I would have loved to meet NDSU in the playoffs when we were at the top of our game.

I'm not going to read that board....the Bison would run rough shod over the Sunbelt and not blink....MAC/Sunbelt schools are predominately no better than what the Bison face in conference in the Valley....

Twentysix
January 11th, 2016, 06:15 PM

Actually NDSU is favored to beat all three of those schools, even as the away team (Sagarin).

IBleedYellow
January 11th, 2016, 06:16 PM
HOOK LINE AND SINKER!

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

IBleedYellow
January 11th, 2016, 06:18 PM
You guys aren't reading it properly, or agreeing with the narrative! We are a lowly FCS school and they are the high and mighty FBS.

We must bow down to our superior brethren of the Sun Belt!

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
January 11th, 2016, 07:39 PM
Other schools around the country need to remember that a lot of NDSU fans are also fans of Minnesota sports. Examples being; The goofers, Twins, and Vikings. They have been collectively choking for the better part of 30 years. The Bizon are the main reason that people don't do swan dives off of the tallest building they can find. Which is really good because in Fargo it's gotta be a three story building and that wouldn't actually kill ya. Please let us live vicariously through the thundering herd!

centennial
January 11th, 2016, 07:46 PM
Actually NDSU is favored to beat all three of those schools, even as the away team (Sagarin).
That is not the reality the Sun Belt teams live in. All they can talk about is beating the MAC champions.

IBleedYellow
January 11th, 2016, 08:54 PM
Other schools around the country need to remember that a lot of NDSU fans are also fans of Minnesota sports. Examples being; The goofers, Twins, and Vikings. They have been collectively choking for the better part of 30 years. The Bizon are the main reason that people don't do swan dives off of the tallest building they can find. Which is really good because in Fargo it's gotta be a three story building and that wouldn't actually kill ya. Please let us live vicariously through the thundering herd!

Don't pin all of us as cheering for ****ty teams, thank you very much!

Cocky
January 11th, 2016, 09:26 PM
NDSU would be all of those teams 7-8 times out of 10.

awBison
January 11th, 2016, 09:39 PM

I have no idea why most of the teams in FBS are there. I don't see how anyone is even interested in these low level bowl games with teams that are probably worse then the top 10 FCS teams on any given year. I'd much rather see a real bracket anyway. Outside of the top 50 or so FBS teams I just don't see any huge fan support or skill levels to justify the huge amount of FBS programs. They are definitely ruining themselves as the "premier" level of college football by watering it down the way they are. There are a lot of REALLY REALLY crappy FBS teams out there that would probably get smoked and chewed up 9/10 by FCS teams. What is the big draw?

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
January 11th, 2016, 10:22 PM
Don't pin all of us as cheering for ****ty teams, thank you very much!

Ha, my bad but i did say a lot and not all. Either way without the Bizon i'm one sad panda.

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 11th, 2016, 11:26 PM
I know it was thrown around last year for fun but, again, how cool would it be fore NDSU to join the Big 12? Especially if Nebraska rejoined the conference. The whole middle section of the country would have a strong identity imo. I would love to see Bison Nation invade Memorial Stadium in Lincoln....

As it is, NDSU is wise to stay in FCS unless the perfect opportunity comes along....

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 12th, 2016, 07:08 AM

xlolx

If you are going to cheer for the "goophers", cheer for their hockey or wrestling teams....at least they are good!!

Laker
January 12th, 2016, 07:50 AM
I know it was thrown around last year for fun but, again, how cool would it be fore NDSU to join the Big 12? Especially if Nebraska rejoined the conference. The whole middle section of the country would have a strong identity imo. I would love to see Bison Nation invade Memorial Stadium in Lincoln....

As it is, NDSU is wise to stay in FCS unless the perfect opportunity comes along....

I have more chance of being elected president than Nebraska going back to the Big 12. They were sick of Texas running everything. They fit right in to the Big Ten West travel wise. The Big 8 was a great conference, but it ain't the Big 8 anymore. And it isn't coming back. The Big Ten money package is much better than the Big 12- one reason why Maryland was so happy to leave the ACC to help pay their debts.

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
January 12th, 2016, 12:02 PM
xlolx

If you are going to cheer for the "goophers", cheer for their hockey or wrestling teams....at least they are good!!

I most definitely cheer for the wrestling team though I don't follow hockey. I will support Minnesota hockey but don't follow it. Bit of a down year for wrestling though which is a bummer.

Bisonoline
January 17th, 2016, 09:47 PM
Have you become inured to winning national championships yet?

Absolutely not. Every year we travel a different path to get there.