PDA

View Full Version : Temple RB Zaire Williams transfering to Maine

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 9th, 2016, 06:25 PM
He has legit FBS talent but with Jahad Thomas around his opportunity to play greatly diminished once he returned from back issues.

mainejeff
January 9th, 2016, 08:50 PM
Coach Harasymiak already paying dividends!xthumbsupx

Williams was a 3 star and nationally ranked recruit at RB in 2013. He had quite a few FBS offers.

http://sports.yahoo.com/wku/football/recruiting/player-Zaire-Williams-128020

Hello JMU, Richmond and Delaware......looks like Maine is ready to play the FBS transfer game.

xcoffeex

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 9th, 2016, 08:53 PM
Coach Harasymiak already paying dividends!xthumbsupx

Williams was a 3 star and nationally ranked recruit at RB in 2013. He had quite a few FBS offers.

http://sports.yahoo.com/wku/football/recruiting/player-Zaire-Williams-128020

This is a REALLY good pick-up for the Black Bears if he's healthy. He saw significant time as freshman and would have been the starter in 2014 had he not injured his back. There's enough potential to be he best RB in the CAA....

mainejeff
January 9th, 2016, 09:01 PM
This is a REALLY good pick-up for the Black Bears if he's healthy. He saw significant time as freshman and would have been the starter in 2014 had he not injured his back. There's enough potential to be he best RB in the CAA....

I think that this provides a glimpse into the type of ball control team that Coach H wants to form. The D has been very good over his tenure as D-Coordinator, but the offense has been a nightmare.

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 9th, 2016, 09:12 PM
I think that this provides a glimpse into the type of ball control team that Coach H wants to form. The D has been very good over his tenure as D-Coordinator, but the offense has been a nightmare.

He should bring a physical presence. Rhule had switched him to LB at the start of fall camp due to our depth at RB. Obviously Williams was not happy and decided to transfer. I think that sheds a light on the type of athlete/talent this kid is. If Maine has a solid OL he could be a devastating player.

Lehigh Football Nation
January 10th, 2016, 11:06 AM
Coach should get a reward for finding a way to make Orono, ME attractive for the kid... :)

Catsfan90
January 10th, 2016, 11:34 AM
Coach should get a reward for finding a way to make Orono, ME attractive for the kid... :)
I said this on the UNH board. Having a new young coach can entice transfers to come play by using the "new start" pitch. Sort of like, your last program didn't work out. But come play for us and get a fresh start. We're are all building something new.

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 10th, 2016, 11:42 AM

Maine got a helluva player. Whatever the coach did it was the right thing. Williams had legit offers out of high school but stayed close to home. He won't be too close to NJ now but he also won't be a world away either given the conference schedule.

Terry2889
January 10th, 2016, 11:46 AM
This is a great get! I know him personally and he is a great kid. Good for Maine and good for him!