PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations NDSU

TypicalTribe
January 9th, 2016, 12:23 PM
Amazing achievement to get the one for the thumb in consecutive years. I doubt we'll ever see it done again at any level.

Is there anyone out there who can put an end to this stampede? Not from where I'm sitting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dwtime
January 9th, 2016, 12:29 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22101&stc=1

Pards Rule
January 9th, 2016, 12:43 PM
Another championship

Silenoz
January 9th, 2016, 01:34 PM
Amazing achievement to get the one for the thumb in consecutive years. I doubt we'll ever see it done again at any level.

Is there anyone out there who can put an end to this stampede? Not from where I'm sitting.

No

UNHWildcat18
January 9th, 2016, 01:39 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22101&stc=1

Hahaha Literally, I think the woah cool congrats NDSU ended when I said it for their third. Now it's like NDSU wins the NC and in other news the sky is blue

hebmskebm
January 9th, 2016, 02:20 PM
Congrats NDSU! The program you guys have, top to bottom, is simply amazing.

Big_Fan
January 9th, 2016, 02:25 PM
I predicted a 31-17 Bison win on our forum. I was concerned about the 3 week layoff affecting us since so much of our offense is based on timing. Jenkins played the worst game of his career, and while the Bison had something to do with it, we had uncharacteristic unforced turnovers. We played pretty evenly once our team got used to game speed in the second half, but you guys obviously handled the break better than we did. Hats off to you.

Had this game been played 2 weeks ago with Stick at QB, I think we would have won. We might have beaten you with him today. 2 weeks ago with Wentz, it would have been a toss-up. 3 weeks off and Wentz was bad juju for us. That said, I prefer to lose against your best, than to win against something less than your best. I look forward to seeing him play on Sundays.

Hopefully we can do this again in a year (with a different outcome).

Nickels
January 9th, 2016, 02:33 PM
So is this a congrats NDSU thread or a sour grapes thread? I'm confused.

centennial
January 9th, 2016, 02:34 PM
So is this a congrats NDSU thread or a sour grapes thread? I'm confused.
Not sure.

Nickels
January 9th, 2016, 02:37 PM
To sum it up;

Congrats Bison but you're lucky Wentz came back, the layoff was long and Jenkins played his worst game ever.

Big_Fan
January 9th, 2016, 02:43 PM
I guess I have to use simpler statements for the reading comprehension challenged.

Congrats Bison.

You handle layoff good. JSU handle layoff bad.

We play sloppy. You play sharp, like champion.

Wentz real deal. Him difference maker. Stick one pass fly like dying duck. Intercepted. Wish him play more.

We good enough to beat Stick. We no good enough to beat Wentz.

Maybe we play again next year. Hope we learn lesson and beat Bison next time.

Da Herd
January 9th, 2016, 02:45 PM
"Winning breeds complacency" or something like that. We lost a lot of talent after last year and barely beat ISUr as it was. There was no expectation to do it again. After this year? A reduction of program focus is the only thing that I can see stopping the train.

I would have sworn the buckeyes would be back in the tourney after stomping Bama and the ducks last year and losing little but that's now how it worked.

frozennorth
January 9th, 2016, 02:48 PM
I wasn't a fan of the offensive game plan, but I suppose it didn't hurt to give wentz some throws.

Onward 6-peat

Nickels
January 9th, 2016, 02:49 PM
I guess I have to use simpler statements for the reading comprehension challenged.

Congrats Bison.

Wentz real deal. Him difference maker. Stick one pass fly like dying duck. Intercepted. Wish him play more.

You guys were dominated. Stick would have won this game too.

It's hilarious that you think Stick would have had a bad game based on a cold thrown trick play.

ST_Lawson
January 9th, 2016, 02:51 PM

It's hilarious that you think Stick would have had a bad game based on a cold thrown trick play.

Yea, Stick might not be quite as good as Wentz, but he'll likely be one of the top QBs in the conference next year. Give him a full game and he's as good as just about anyone. That was just an odd busted up play.

JSUSoutherner
January 9th, 2016, 02:56 PM

I doubt we would have beat Stick. We could hardly get out of our own way today.

i wonder how high into the triple digits NDSU would have scored on Sammy?

Nickels
January 9th, 2016, 02:57 PM

Prolly a lot. Our D was ****.

Twentysix
January 9th, 2016, 03:00 PM

less than you did. After we were up by 49 we would start kneeing the ball. we just dont run scores up.

ST_Lawson
January 9th, 2016, 03:01 PM
Prolly a lot. Our D was ****.

Not neccessarily...NDSU tends to let off the gas a bit once they're up by 45 or so: http://espn.go.com/college-football/recap?gameId=400795751

veinup
January 9th, 2016, 03:10 PM
was really hoping for something more out of jacksonville state.

BisonFan02
January 9th, 2016, 03:16 PM
I predicted a 31-17 Bison win on our forum. I was concerned about the 3 week layoff affecting us since so much of our offense is based on timing. Jenkins played the worst game of his career, and while the Bison had something to do with it, we had uncharacteristic unforced turnovers. We played pretty evenly once our team got used to game speed in the second half, but you guys obviously handled the break better than we did. Hats off to you.

Had this game been played 2 weeks ago with Stick at QB, I think we would have won. We might have beaten you with him today. 2 weeks ago with Wentz, it would have been a toss-up. 3 weeks off and Wentz was bad juju for us. That said, I prefer to lose against your best, than to win against something less than your best. I look forward to seeing him play on Sundays.

Wrong....Does Stick play on D? Good season though Gamecocks.

JSUSoutherner
January 9th, 2016, 03:21 PM
was really hoping for something more out of jacksonville state.
Yeah, me too.

dgtw
January 9th, 2016, 03:28 PM
We got our butts kicked. No sour grapes from me. Wentz had nothing to do with how our offense played. Your Polish receiver isn't bad, either. Congrats to the Bisons on a well deserved fifth straight title.

NDSUFREAK
January 9th, 2016, 03:33 PM
So now do you ****ing understand why we were saying we hear the same old **** from "high powered offense"....NDSU not only kept JSU from their season average they completely blew them out of the water. Confidence is great to have but when you have no reason to be confident just stop making yourself look like an idiot come post game.

JSUSoutherner
January 9th, 2016, 03:34 PM
So now do you ****ing understand why we were saying we hear the same old **** from "high powered offense"....NDSU not only kept JSU from their season average they completely blew them out of the water. Confidence is great to have but when you have no reason to be confident just stop making yourself look like an idiot come post game.

I see your taking Coach Klieman's "Stay Humble" quote to heart.

I guess us JSU fans have no reason to feel any satisfaction from our season. A championship appearance after a 13-2 season is so commonplace and we look like idiots for looking at the positives.

NDSUFREAK
January 9th, 2016, 03:40 PM
I see your taking Coach Klieman's "Stay Humble" quote to heart.

The team will stay humble but I am a fan and can say what is on my mind...just making sure you eat the crow you've been piling up since you started to say that this defense had no chance to stop your "high powered offense"

JSUSoutherner
January 9th, 2016, 03:41 PM
The team will stay humble but I am a fan and can say what is on my mind...just making sure you eat the crow you've been piling up since you started to say that this defense had no chance to stop your "high powered offense"
Way to represent your university. Complete class act.

BisonFan02
January 9th, 2016, 03:45 PM

Settle down man....its gonna be ok.

NDSUFREAK
January 9th, 2016, 03:46 PM

xlolx xlolx if you want to imagine me being the representation of an entire university then go for it

WTFCollegefootballfan

Stay classly

centennial
They lost. Stop rubbing it in.

NDSUFREAK
January 9th, 2016, 03:49 PM
Oh come on people need to stop being so sensitive. This is a college football message board where fans speak their minds and no one is an official member of any of the football teams we cheer for...have a little fun.

BisonFan02
January 9th, 2016, 03:50 PM
Oh come on people need to stop being so sensitive. This is a college football message board where fans speak their minds and no one is an official member of any of the football teams we cheer for...have a little fun.

Right....just like I get to tell you that you are acting like a douche bag. Act like you've been there before or shut your ****ing mouth.

Bisonator
January 9th, 2016, 03:50 PM
Everyone talks smack before a game. That's part of the fun and there's no reason people can't be confident in their team. Wish more of our fans would act like we've been here before but there are always the asshats that have to get the jabs in afterward. Just enjoy the win and the ride!

NDSUFREAK
January 9th, 2016, 03:55 PM
Goodness gracious everyone. This used to be a lot more fun and people would get called out consistently after spewing their confidence and then their team falls flat. Some of y'all act too high and mighty

IBleedYellow
January 9th, 2016, 03:56 PM
Good game.

The band was exactly as advertised. Football team was aswell, but the intangibles of inexperience in big games showed to be the dagger for them.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Winindy
January 9th, 2016, 03:57 PM
Congrats to NDSU. What a year.

I think the story for this season is how much their Defense grew week by week. They didn't look like NDSU early in the season, by the end of it, they were playing as well as any NDSU defense from the past 5 seasons.

Nickels
January 9th, 2016, 03:58 PM
I agree.

JSU fans set themselves up for this.

Bisonator
January 9th, 2016, 04:01 PM

I think the story for this season is how much their Defense grew week by week. They didn't look like NDSU early in the season, by the end of it, they were playing as well as any NDSU defense from the past 5 seasons.

Exactly. Knew there were going to be some growing pains especially on defense. To see the light turn on so to speak and the young guys grow has been incredibly fun. Not to mention watching the QB of the future win 8 straight for us! The future looks great, for a Bison fan anyway!

Wilson16
January 9th, 2016, 04:03 PM
Agree.

BTW gopher hockey sucks

Big Rack
January 9th, 2016, 04:03 PM
If you talk smack you should be able to take it. No apologizes needed on either side. There is no crying in football.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 9th, 2016, 04:07 PM
Merged the two congrats threads.

Congrats. It's really an unbelievable feat to accomplish.

Big Rack
January 9th, 2016, 04:08 PM
Merged the two congrats threads.

Congrats. It's really an unbelievable feat to accomplish.

Historic.

NDSUFREAK
January 9th, 2016, 04:08 PM
Agree.

BTW gopher hockey sucks
Yeah they do this year xdrunkyx

JSUSoutherner
January 9th, 2016, 04:10 PM
They lost. Stop rubbing it in.

Right....just like I get to tell you that you are acting like a douche bag. Act like you've been there before or shut your ****ing mouth.

Thank you! If watching that game in its entirety in that weather wasn't "eating the crow" I don't know what is.

The band was exactly as advertised.

Thanks! Glad the Bison fans enjoyed it!

ursus arctos horribilis
January 9th, 2016, 04:11 PM

Ah, you've acted like a bit of a dick for the few times I've seen ya posting lately. I am not really what I'd call sensitive over it and can see people just letting you know that being a follower of the team...and acting like it is you doing the achieving can be a bit unsavory. Especially when you could just say "good game" and move along. Be a dick if you want but if people call you a dick, take it.

centennial
January 9th, 2016, 04:13 PM
Thank you! If watching that game in its entirety in that weather wasn't "eating the crow" I don't know what is.

Thanks! Glad the Bison fans enjoyed it!
Hang around in the off season bud. Fun to have another engineer, even though you had to eat crow.

JSUSoutherner
January 9th, 2016, 04:14 PM
Hang around in the off season bud. Fun to have another engineer, even though you had to eat crow.

Crow doesn't tast any better the second time. Although this Crow was definitely a bit worse than the EIU-UNI crow.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 9th, 2016, 04:15 PM
I agree.

True. It would look a lot more as it should in that particular thread would be the point instead of trying to just wipe one's ass on everything.

NDSUFREAK
January 9th, 2016, 04:16 PM
Ah, you've acted like a bit of a dick for the few times I've seen ya posting lately. I am not really what I'd call about sensitive over it and can see people just letting you know that being a follower of the team...and acting like it is you doing it the achieving can be a bit unsavory. Especially when you could just say "good game" and move along. Be a dick if you want but if people call you a dick, take it.

I don't really care if people are calling me a dick?? Hell years agao Clenz would give me **** about NDSU and not proving anything but now when I spread that to JSU it is a crime? Like someone said before....dish the smack then take the smack even after a loss.

**Edit: I get after your post above that it should be reserved to that specific thread. I get it now...but don't take back what I said :) I would move all my messages to that thread if I could.

clenz
January 9th, 2016, 04:19 PM
Nothing like Decemberists of 5 time champions.

JSUSoutherner
January 9th, 2016, 04:21 PM
I agree.

Too bad the team we played in the semi-finals was garbage. Maybe if they were half-decent we would have went in a little more "conscious" of what we were getting ourselves into.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 9th, 2016, 04:27 PM
I don't really care if people are calling me a dick?? Hell years agao Clenz would give me **** about NDSU and not proving anything but now when I spread that to JSU it is a crime? Like someone said before....dish the smack then take the smack even after a loss.

**Edit: I get after your post above that it should be reserved to that specific thread. I get it now...but don't take back what I said :) I would move all my messages to that thread if I could.

And it would make complete sense there...because that is where the "fight" was taking place. This is where others, and even some of those you were probably battling with are trying to be decent and say "good work".

So you can probably see how poor that looks. It is akin to picking a fight at the after game handshake.

Wilson16
January 9th, 2016, 04:31 PM
Nothing like Decemberists of 5 time champions.
People that can't get out of their own way are much worse

ursus arctos horribilis
January 9th, 2016, 04:31 PM
Too bad the team we played in the semi-finals was garbage. Maybe if they were half-decent we would have went in a little more "conscious" of what we were getting ourselves into.

You are acting like a douche as well. Good work.

Bison56
January 9th, 2016, 04:34 PM
Congrats to JSU on a great season, hope to see you guys again next season.

NDSUFREAK
January 9th, 2016, 04:34 PM
And it would make complete sense there...because that is where the "fight" was taking place. This is where others, and even some of those you were probably battling with are trying to be decent and say "good work".

So you can probably see how poor that looks. It is akin to picking a fight at the after game handshake.

I'm not gonna lose sleep over it but yes I appreciate the enlightenment xpeacex

But still. I expect to hear the same **** when the result of a football game doesn't go my team's way. Carry on everyone. Like I posted on JSU's message board...I respect the hell out of your head coach and there are bright days ahead.

WTFCollegefootballfan
January 9th, 2016, 04:36 PM
NDSU is getting lots of love from CBS Sports...Front page.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/n...asses-eye-test (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft-scout/25443665/nfl-draft-ndsu-qb-carson-wentz-more-than-passes-eye-test)

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...l-championship (http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/25443607/north-dakota-state-wins-5th-straight-fcs-national-championship)

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 9th, 2016, 04:38 PM
Huge props!!! 5-peat!! xdrunkyx

IBleedYellow
January 9th, 2016, 04:44 PM
Slap fight! GO

BisonFan02
January 9th, 2016, 04:46 PM
Slap fight! GO

What did the 5 fingers say to the face?..............

SLAP!

BisonBacker
January 9th, 2016, 04:47 PM
Please explain how he represents NDSU?

BisonBacker
January 9th, 2016, 04:49 PM
Goodness gracious everyone. This used to be a lot more fun and people would get called out consistently after spewing their confidence and then their team falls flat. Some of y'all act too high and mighty

And some act like Dbags. Don't be one of them xthumbsupx

caribbeanhen
January 9th, 2016, 04:55 PM
The event was never in doubt, Bison look like a top #25 FBS Team to me, Congrats Bison and this was only a rebuilding year...

ursus arctos horribilis
January 9th, 2016, 04:59 PM
Please explain how he represents NDSU?

It doesn't.

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 9th, 2016, 05:02 PM
It's my goal to get back to Fargo for a game. I'm going try to put together something next year while there's still golfable weather. I have a connection at Hazeltine which I need to make use of.

BisonFan02
January 9th, 2016, 05:04 PM
It's my goal to get back to Fargo for a game. I'm going try to put together something next year while there's still golfable weather. I have a connection at Hazeltine which I need to make use of.

Pick a game the Bison should be able to handily win....we don't want another YSU thing. xlolx

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 9th, 2016, 05:08 PM
Pick a game the Bison should be able to handily win....we don't want another YSU thing. xlolx

EWU would be cool but Illinois State on October 1st might be a real possibility. The Bison should roll the Redbirds next year.

I always try to travel somewhere around my birthday. This year I did a golf/Temple football trip to North Carolina....

Bisonoline
January 9th, 2016, 05:24 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This! The D was horrid at the beginning of the season due to inexperience. The coaches did a hell of a job.

Bisonoline
January 9th, 2016, 05:26 PM

And yourself?

dgtw
January 9th, 2016, 05:32 PM
We had fans on our side being dicks the last three weeks. I pretty much stayed quiet because even though we were #1, but I was very concerned about facing a four time champ. But they were who I wanted to face in the finals. Hope to see them back here next year.

Nickels
January 9th, 2016, 05:38 PM
We had fans on our side being dicks the last three weeks. I pretty much stayed quiet because even though we were #1, but I was very concerned about facing a four time champ. But they were who I wanted to face in the finals. Hope to see them back here next year.

You didn't have a side today.

X-Factor
January 9th, 2016, 06:00 PM

No you wouldn't have, and no you wouldn't have. NDSU dominated you top to bottom. It wouldn't matter when this game was played.

mamberso
January 9th, 2016, 06:01 PM
Congrats NDSU. No doubt the best team won today. Met some very nice folks in Frisco today. Enjoy your fifth title.

steelbison
January 9th, 2016, 06:24 PM

Congrats Bison.

Big fan. He reason you looked shifty was our defense. I watched your QB play three games this year. I said before we played you he was average at best. He has a candy arm and is scared to get hit. Hey if we played Missouri state every week we would look great also. The ONLY reason you were in the finals is your had nothing on your side of the bracket.

BisonBacker
January 9th, 2016, 07:05 PM
Big fan. He reason you looked shifty was our defense. I watched your QB play three games this year. I said before we played you he was average at best. He has a candy arm and is scared to get hit. Hey if we played Missouri state every week we would look great also. The ONLY reason you were in the finals is your had nothing on your side of the bracket.

You know it's the conference they are in. They did what they are supposed to do. They ran through the playoffs like they were supposed to do. Like NDSU has done to the MVFC in forcing the competition to up their game JSU will do to theirs if those teams want to compete. Is the MVFC the best in the FCS? Yes and I don't think you will find many who will argue that but no need to beat JSU fans up about it? Yeah they had some unwarranted confidence but can you blame them? Carry on.....

Redbird 13
January 9th, 2016, 07:17 PM
Congrats to the Bison.

The true gold standard and the envy of all FCS football programs on the field, sidelines and stands.

Enjoy it!

ur2k
January 9th, 2016, 07:37 PM
Congrats Bison on an unbelievable run. After you kicked out ass, didn't see anyone stopping that train.

Hope we see you guys again next year in Richmond or Frisco.

jsnow84
January 9th, 2016, 08:30 PM
AMAZING!!!!! Congrats to the Bison, total domination.

2ram
January 9th, 2016, 10:06 PM
da full hand. truly amazing. probably won't be broken in our lifetimes. congrats bizon!

WTFCollegefootballfan
January 9th, 2016, 10:21 PM
https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/10577171_10153893708909532_2615005268068935316_n.j pg?oh=cd6d14418e17d4ec819598583b746033&oe=57085BF2

#5 already in the trophy case.

uni88
January 9th, 2016, 10:22 PM
People that can't get out of their own way are much worse

clenz said that on a completely different thread about 3 weeks ago and you've mentioned it several times since then. Are you sure you don't have some sort of unhealthy obsession?

Congrats to NDSU. Great job developing the players and the team over the course of the season. Bison earned this one every step of the way!

CrunchGriz
January 9th, 2016, 10:24 PM
da full hand. truly amazing. probably won't be broken in our lifetimes. congrats bizon!

...unless they do it next year. One of our schools has to step up, or it could very well happen.

NDSUFREAK
January 9th, 2016, 10:26 PM
...unless they do it next year. One of our schools has to step up, or it could very well happen.

I am a BISON football fan first and Griz second...(sorry UNI but it is still a hateful respect). FCS is even better with the GRIZ in the top 5 consistently

TennBison
January 9th, 2016, 10:45 PM
Orrrr maybe you should blame yourselves for being to over confident instead of blaming the team you beat for not being good enough to make you aware of the buzz saw you were heading into.

JSUSoutherner
January 9th, 2016, 10:52 PM
Orrrr maybe you should blame yourselves for being to over confident instead of blaming the team you beat for not being good enough to make you aware of the buzz saw you were heading into.
Don't worry, I was just giving him crap.

Buzz Saw is an accurate description.

dewey
January 9th, 2016, 10:58 PM

Another engineer...me too. Southerner will be in a few years.

Dewey

clenz
January 9th, 2016, 11:11 PM
clenz said that on a completely different thread about 3 weeks ago and you've mentioned it several times since then. Are you sure you don't have some sort of unhealthy obsession?

Congrats to NDSU. Great job developing the players and the team over the course of the season. Bison earned this one every step of the way!
obvious troll is obvious.

It's why, as you'll notice, I haven't responded to a single post by him since that time.

BisonFan02
January 10th, 2016, 01:20 AM
obvious troll is obvious.

It's why, as you'll notice, I haven't responded to a single post by him since that time.

Yup....you just can't get out of your own way to reply. :D

BisonBabe
January 10th, 2016, 06:24 AM
Wow what a game. I visited with several JSU fans before the game and a couple after. All were great and a few enjoyed the chocolate and taffy I brought from ND.

OL FU
January 10th, 2016, 07:16 AM
It is an amazing run! Amazing two years ago! Amazing one year ago! And now, even more amazing! Congrats

blueballs
January 10th, 2016, 07:21 AM
JS lost that game when they didn't go for it on 4th and inches in the first quarter. That "wuss out" sent a message to the players and coaches on both teams and was a concession that the JS coach didn't believe in his team and didn't think they could impose their will on the Bison.

You will not beat NDSU by sitting back and playing by the book. They are masters of playing by the book and their execution is clinical. The only way to compete with them a to attack them, put the foot on the gas and never let up.

I think I remember one of the commentators stating that Vraa was the only NDSU player to suit up yesterday that had been in the program when they had NOT won the NC. That is a powerful thing- the culture and expectation of winning. It can't be overstated and it is a program wide phenomenon, which includes the fanbase. One team got off the bus yesterday and knew exactly what they needed to do and expected to do it. The other team hoped they could do it. That play call on 4th down told us who was who in that regard.

Great job by the Bison not just yesterday but 24/7/365 for many years. You have created a true dynasty and have done it the right way and with class. Congratulations and you're only one ring away from tying GS for the most titles.

gotts
January 10th, 2016, 07:40 AM
Another engineer...me too. Southerner will be in a few years.

Dewey

Engineers are terrible, terrible people. I know this from being one myself :)

Had a great time at the game yesterday, wish we could have had more opportunity to interact with JSU fans.

Big_Fan
January 10th, 2016, 08:11 AM
JS lost that game when they didn't go for it on 4th and inches in the first quarter. That "wuss out" sent a message to the players and coaches on both teams and was a concession that the JS coach didn't believe in his team and didn't think they could impose their will on the Bison.

I agree that hurt us.

It was the same hyper-conservative mentality that cost us the Auburn game when we ran up the middle 3 times in the 4th quarter when we needed one first down to run out the clock and win.

dgtw
January 10th, 2016, 09:10 AM
I thought we should have gone for it but t was only a small part of why we lost. They were the better team.

Wilson16
January 10th, 2016, 09:16 AM

If I do then your responding to me must be an unhealthy obsession too.

Catsfan90
January 10th, 2016, 12:23 PM
Congrats! I said it all throughout the playoffs. NDSU is in a league of their own. This will continue to happen if the rest of the FCS does not meet this challenge.

rutlandbison
January 10th, 2016, 12:40 PM

This is always the answer when a team's offense doesn't play well against NDSU. Maybe, just maybe, there's more to it than having an "off day" as so many people like to say.

centennial
January 10th, 2016, 01:02 PM
IMO we play JSU 5 times 3-4 are similar to yesterday, 1 is a close game. We play UNI 5 times we lose 1 maybe 2.

Gangtackle11
January 10th, 2016, 01:39 PM
Congrats to NDSU team & fans!

Truly amazing streak of excellence.

TheKingpin28
January 10th, 2016, 02:18 PM
Finally sobered up completely from Friday and congrats to NDSU on this Drive for 5 and to JSU for making it this far. I am looking forward to hopefully seeing a H&H from these teams in the near future.

Wilson16
January 10th, 2016, 03:29 PM
UNI is clearly the second best team in the FCS. Not even close

BisonTru
January 10th, 2016, 03:40 PM
IMO we play JSU 5 times 3-4 are similar to yesterday, 1 is a close game. We play UNI 5 times we lose 1 maybe 2.

The way the defense and the run game was playing then plug in one of the best QBs in the nation, I don't see any team in the country faring any better than JSU.

JSUSoutherner
January 10th, 2016, 04:22 PM
The way the defense and the run game was playing then plug in one of the best QBs in the nation, I don't see any team in the country faring any better than JSU.
I don't either. JSU could have handled that game a lot better, there were a lot of offensive mistakes on our side of the ball but a lot of it can be attributed to a dominating Bison defense.

I'm really curious where all the "UNI was the second best FCS team" statements are coming from? Was it their losses to WIU and ISUr or is it because #ButtNDSU?

Christiank22
January 10th, 2016, 04:30 PM
I don't either. JSU could have handled that game a lot better, there were a lot of offensive mistakes on our side of the ball but a lot of it can be attributed to a dominating Bison defense.

I'm really curious where all the "UNI was the second best FCS team" statements are coming from? Was it their losses to WIU and ISUr or is it because #ButtNDSU?
You just got man-handled by NDSU and are now questioning why the majority of this fan base feels like UNI is a better opponent... The team that almost beats NDSU every year... Boy I've seen it all now

JSUSoutherner
January 10th, 2016, 04:32 PM
The team that almost beats NDSU every year...
#ButtNDSU

Christiank22
January 10th, 2016, 04:32 PM
#ButtNDSU
37-10

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 10th, 2016, 06:05 PM
Just back from the drive home and some thoughts:

- Great job by the Bison defense yesterday. Totally dominated a very explosive offense. JSU's offense looked shell-shocked the whole game. I thought this game would have been a 2 TD Bison win and I was wrong.

- Awesome atmosphere at Toyota Stadium. 75% Bison fans made it another "home" game....as if there was any doubt in that. Great job Bison fans.

- Carson Wentz = Stud Great leader and I hope he has a long NFL career

- JSU's DL was good but I was unimpressed with them after all the hype on these FBS dropdowns....

- NDSU would beat JSU 9-10/10 times.

- In this 5 year run the two best teams I have witnessed the Bison play are UNI and Ill State.

- Number 6? With 8 coming back on defense, I will not count them out.

Nickels
January 10th, 2016, 06:24 PM
You just got man-handled by NDSU and are now questioning why the majority of this fan base feels like UNI is a better opponent... The team that almost beats NDSU every year... Boy I've seen it all now
They'll always be seed champions. No one can take that away from them...

Wilson16
January 10th, 2016, 08:05 PM

UNI is better than JSU deal with it

NoDak 4 Ever
January 10th, 2016, 08:13 PM

and by far the most unjustified **** talkers out of all 4 fanbases.

You guys came close year 1 but everybody was kind of an unknown commodity. These guys really bought into their hype.

blueballs
January 11th, 2016, 11:59 AM
Just back from the drive home and some thoughts:

- In this 5 year run the two best teams I have witnessed the Bison play are UNI and Ill State.

Really? Better than GS in 2012 with their NFL players?

BisonFan02
January 11th, 2016, 12:23 PM

Maybe he wasn't at/witnessed that game? (if he was...which I'm sure he was....he jumped the shark there. xlolx ) I think that GS team in 2012 is better than your squad this year.

ALPHAGRIZ1
January 11th, 2016, 01:10 PM
Congrats to NDSU, you guys really know how to beat cocks

#yeahiwentthere

BisonFan02
January 11th, 2016, 01:13 PM
Congrats to NDSU, you guys really know how to beat cocks

#yeahiwentthere

...and you guys suck ours.

#youwould

:D

ALPHAGRIZ1
January 11th, 2016, 01:15 PM
...and you guys suck ours.

#youwould

:D

Leave Grizo out of this, he was drunk and did some unsavory things that weekend......some of which we will never speak of, then there is the tailgate incident that will live in infamy.

#silkpursesowsear

Cocky
January 11th, 2016, 04:19 PM
I agree.

You didnt catch much crap after the JSU game. Your pre game post were as over the top as anyone but the post game payback was little to none.

BisonBacker
January 11th, 2016, 04:23 PM
I would have to say GS is right there. "I wouldn't want to have to live on the difference" Reppie points if anyone gets that quote which in this instance is spot on.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 11th, 2016, 04:30 PM
I would have to say GS is right there. "I wouldn't want to have to live on the difference" Reppie points if anyone gets that quote which in this instance is spot on.

I don't think he phrased it correctly. I don't think he meant "the best team", more like "the team that played the best".

GSU gave us a scare in 2012 but nobody has consistently played NDSU better than UNI.

UNIFanSince1983
January 11th, 2016, 04:40 PM
I don't think he phrased it correctly. I don't think he meant "the best team", more like "the team that played the best".

GSU gave us a scare in 2012 but nobody has consistently played NDSU better than UNI.

And look what that has gotten us... xbawlingx

BisonTru
January 11th, 2016, 04:41 PM

To be fair nobody outside of the MVFC teams get a chance to consistently play us. Teams that get a second shot usually fare much better and UNI didn't take us to the wire in the playoffs. See GSU, CCU, and SDSU.

mamberso
January 11th, 2016, 08:32 PM

Nothing worse than fans of teams not good enough to play for the championship trolling fans of teams that did.

JSUSoutherner
January 11th, 2016, 08:41 PM
Nothing worse than fans of teams not good enough to play for the championship trolling fans of teams that did.
Hey now, they may not have played in Frisco, but at least they accomplished the feat of beating Colgate.

Twentysix
January 11th, 2016, 08:43 PM
Man how times have changed. Just a few short years ago Colgate was a hot button topic on AGS regarding playoff bids. Now they are actually earning their spot at the playoff table.

Twentysix
January 11th, 2016, 08:45 PM
Hey now, they may not have played in Frisco, but at least they accomplished the feat of beating Colgate.

They've played in Frisco twice btw.

http://a.espncdn.com/espn360/images/fbncaaf/761865.jpg
http://ksam1017.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/IMG-20120107-01104-610x225.jpg

JSUSoutherner
January 11th, 2016, 08:48 PM
They've played in Frisco twice btw.

http://a.espncdn.com/espn360/images/fbncaaf/761865.jpg
http://ksam1017.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/IMG-20120107-01104-610x225.jpg
I'm aware but he's trying to troll our 2015 team. His 2015 team got waffle stomped. He can go eat a curb.

NDSUFREAK
January 11th, 2016, 09:49 PM
I'm aware but he's trying to troll our 2015 team. His 2015 team got waffle stomped. He can go eat a curb.

So did yours...xcoffeex

So y'all have something in common xthumbsupx

JSUSoutherner
January 11th, 2016, 09:49 PM
So did yours...xcoffeex

So y'all have something in common xthumbsupx
Am I trolling NDSU?

NDSUFREAK
January 11th, 2016, 09:52 PM
Am I trolling NDSU?

Just pointing out the facts!

Bisonoline
January 12th, 2016, 01:22 AM
Am I trolling NDSU?

You have been since day one.

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 12th, 2016, 07:06 AM

Ya, Georgia Southern is right there also.

McKinnon was a stud!

Also, one individual player that was one of the best I have witnessed play against the Bison was Wofford's Eric Breintenstein...(sp)....he totally carried that team on his back.

Ivytalk
January 12th, 2016, 08:11 AM
Congrats!

Is Bama next?;)

JSUSoutherner
January 12th, 2016, 08:35 AM
You have been since day one.
Yeah, saying why I thought my team was better must have been the most hardcore trolling you've ever experienced. I hope it didn't traumatize you.

The difference between me and Nickles is that after my team got **** stomped I didn't keep trying to troll the team that did the stomping. xcoffeex

Bisonoline
January 13th, 2016, 12:12 AM
Yeah, saying why I thought my team was better must have been the most hardcore trolling you've ever experienced. I hope it didn't traumatize you.

The difference between me and Nickles is that after my team got **** stomped I didn't keep trying to troll the team that did the stomping. xcoffeex

xblahxxblahxxblahxxblahx

JSUSoutherner
January 13th, 2016, 12:16 AM
xblahxxblahxxblahxxblahx
Wow, it did traumatize you... You can't even form words anymore... Oops. xcoffeex

Bisonoline
January 13th, 2016, 12:20 AM
Wow, it did traumatize you... You can't even form words anymore... Oops. xcoffeex

xblahxxblahxxblahxxblahxxthumbsdownxxbabycryx

Bison56
January 13th, 2016, 02:54 PM
Sometimes its better to not post anything.