PDA

View Full Version : Stadium Journey Stadium Rankings..

FormerPokeCenter
January 6th, 2016, 12:49 PM
No real surprises, except maybe for Mercer and Delaware..

http://www.stadiumjourney.com/news/12-29-2015/1303/2015-fcs-college-football-stadium-experience-rankings

CockyGeek
January 6th, 2016, 12:53 PM
We don't have best decorated tent contests and the tailgating is atrocious here. I don't think they actually came here.

Murray St has a track around the football field and that's supposed to be a better football experience?

BisonFan02
January 6th, 2016, 12:59 PM
Note #s 100, 106, and 116 amongst others....this thread could get interesting. xlolx

BisonFan02
January 6th, 2016, 01:01 PM
South Dakota State’s Coughlin-Alumni Stadium has been the home of Jackrabbits football for 50 years now and has served admirably for generations of SDSU fans, but the structure is showing its age. As SDSU improves its surroundings, the football stadium will get small fixes but will continue to lack what it needs to be a top-of-the-line FCS stadium

LOL okay.

IBleedYellow
January 6th, 2016, 01:05 PM
They mention our fireworks going off after touchdowns.

I don't hear them anymore. Either I'm going deaf or it's just too loud in there to hear.

Mayville Bison
January 6th, 2016, 01:12 PM
We don't have best decorated tent contests and the tailgating is atrocious here. I don't think they actually came here.

Murray St has a track around the football field and that's supposed to be a better football ezperience?

I was thinking the same thing about fields with tracks. That should automatically give them negative points. Outside of that, I read the first 10 and the last 10 and went looking for some in the middle. Can't really argue with a whole lot.

Thanks to FPC for sharing!

GAD
January 6th, 2016, 01:21 PM
#123. That stadium doesn't even exist anymore.

FormerPokeCenter
January 6th, 2016, 01:31 PM

Did they tear it down recently? It still shows up on satellite imagery of the campus....but if it's a recent change, they might not have had time to update the list...

BisonFan02
January 6th, 2016, 01:37 PM

Well....cross it off then. :D

GAD
January 6th, 2016, 01:39 PM
Its been gone for about a year now

https://youtu.be/ImNrgh9UPDs

FormerPokeCenter
January 6th, 2016, 01:48 PM
That settles that!

BisonFan02
January 6th, 2016, 01:49 PM
That settles that!

Does it? :D

kdinva
January 6th, 2016, 01:51 PM
#21.......seriously? Same w/48? Surprised #32 isn't in the top 15. #107 is a top 30 venue. #76 (Jacksonville U) isn't a "stadium"....and biasedly #89 (and # 116) should be at least in the top 40.....

Bill
January 6th, 2016, 02:05 PM
Have to agree with kdinva about #21....come on.

SENOREIDA
January 6th, 2016, 02:36 PM
I'm surprised the ranked Buccaneer Field so high! 119 out of 125

BisonFan02
January 6th, 2016, 02:37 PM
I'm surprised the ranked Buccaneer Field so high! 119 out of 125

Less of a reach than you guys were.

Mayville Bison
January 6th, 2016, 03:22 PM
#21.......seriously? Same w/48? Surprised #32 isn't in the top 15. #107 is a top 30 venue. #76 (Jacksonville U) isn't a "stadium"....and biasedly #89 (and # 116) should be at least in the top 40.....

This isn't really the best "stadiums", but the best "places to visit" while catching a football game. The things that go into the ranking have very little to do with the actual stadium itself (hence my note earlier about tracks should give auto -1), but the overall atmosphere during, after, and before the game itself. When neighborhood and access are a combined 1/3 of the criteria, you know it's not just about the stadium itself.

McNeese72
January 6th, 2016, 03:49 PM
Of the top 20, I've been to 4 of them. 1, 7, 11, & 20.

So, I can't say much about the places I haven't been. Plus, it's hard to judge a stadium without comparing it to what I'm used to. And, a lot of McNeese fans take it for granted in what we have in tailgating, pregame festivities, atmosphere, and nearby food and drinks. Speaking, of drinks, how many of you guys can walk 100 yards from your tailgate spot and be inside a establishment that makes and serves adult frozen beverages?

Montana is a great place and a deserving No. 1. They have the whole package there.

But, I was surprised that Weber St. (11) and S. Utah (20) were in the Top 20. In my opinion, in my one trip to Weber St. and two trips to S. Utah in both places the atmosphere in stadium was pretty dead. Yes, the scenery around the stadiums was pretty neat and Weber St. did have skydivers but there was no vibe in the stadiums like there was in Montana and like I'm used to at McNeese.

Doc

Catsfan90
January 6th, 2016, 03:59 PM
I think this guy went to a UNH game in an alternate universe...

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 6th, 2016, 04:14 PM
This might be one of the greatest rankings I've ever seen...

#21 MSF - Georgetown
#46 Goodman Stadium - Lehigh
#57 Fisher Field - Lafayette

BisonFan02
January 6th, 2016, 04:15 PM

#21 MSF - Georgetown

See post #3 xlolx This ranking is major troll bait.

Thumper 76
January 6th, 2016, 04:17 PM
LOL okay.

And the Bison are on a decent run, but nothing historic either if you ask them I bet. xlolx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BisonFan02
January 6th, 2016, 04:20 PM
And the Bison are on a decent run, but nothing historic either if you ask them I bet. xlolx

We've served the FCS admirably. xlolx

Catsfan90
January 6th, 2016, 04:21 PM

#21 MSF - Georgetown
Does Georgetown's actually qualify as a stadium?

JSUSoutherner
January 6th, 2016, 04:26 PM
I don't think they actually came to our game. We may not have the best tailgate scene, but dang, the second highest attendance in the one of the largest on campus FCS stadiums (and it's basically brand new in stadium years) in the Appalachian foothills is 22nd?

Riiiggght.

BisonFan02
January 6th, 2016, 04:46 PM
I don't think they actually came to our game. We may not have the best tailgate scene, but dang, the second highest attendance in the one of the largest on campus FCS stadiums (and it's basically brand new in stadium years) in the Appalachian foothills is 22nd?

Riiiggght.

I'm going to regret this.....but where would you rank JSU?

Twentysix
January 6th, 2016, 04:54 PM
LOL okay.

What? I thought SDSU is building a horseshoe. The stadium plan I saw looked like a top 15 FCS stadium.

JSUSoutherner
January 6th, 2016, 04:55 PM
Around 7-10

GAD
January 6th, 2016, 04:59 PM

Riiiggght.
Some of those are real head scratchersxchinscratchx

ElCid
January 6th, 2016, 05:06 PM
What an absolute joke. JHS, one of the best in all of FCS, in beautiful historic Charleston SC, and it is ranked 116? Really? I bet they have never even been there. Some bias going on here.

Catsfan90
January 6th, 2016, 05:22 PM
What an absolute joke. JHS, one of the best in all of FCS, in beautiful historic Charleston SC, and it is ranked 116? Really? I bet they have never even been there. Some bias going on here.
He said he couldn't believe how many students were walking to the stadium on UNH gameday. Trust me, its not to be trusted.

BisonFan02
January 6th, 2016, 05:59 PM
Around 7-10

Who are you ranking ahead of JSU?

JSUSoutherner
January 6th, 2016, 06:09 PM
Who are you ranking ahead of JSU?
Montana
NDSU
Montana State
JMU
McNeese

I'm sure there's probably a couple I don't know about.

Go...gate
January 6th, 2016, 06:16 PM

#21 MSF - Georgetown

Princeton at #67 xconfusedx and Colgate at #99xpissedx.

January 6th, 2016, 06:23 PM
Having the Rocky Mountains right outside your stadium can only help its ranking. No man made landscaping in the world can compete with the view.

JMUNJ08
January 6th, 2016, 06:52 PM
The JMU description is pretty spot on and relatively 'kind' when saying we wear our emotions on our sleeves....

Though I disagree with "Winning or losing, the crowd stays involved in the game". As man know, if we are up/ down/ or there is a major party that weekend, most people have not been staying until the very end....

Terry2889
January 6th, 2016, 07:32 PM
He said he couldn't believe how many students were walking to the stadium on UNH gameday. Trust me, its not to be trusted.
Anyone the doesn't rank Cowell dead last in the nation loses all credibility!!! Where else can the visiting team look forward to a cold shower in a medieval death chamber following a game? Also, to not have Richmond's Robin's Stadium in the top 20 is an absolute joke. The stadium is an absolute gem right smack in the middle of one of the most beautiful campuses in the nation.

BisonFan02
January 6th, 2016, 08:06 PM
Anyone the doesn't rank Cowell dead last in the nation loses all credibility!!! Where else can the visiting team look forward to a cold shower in a medieval death chamber following a game? Also, to not have Richmond's Robin's Stadium in the top 20 is an absolute joke. The stadium is an absolute gem right smack in the middle of one of the most beautiful campuses in the nation.

How about the walk one has to make as a coordinator to your box?

:D

http://munna4u.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/6.jpg

bluehenbillk
January 6th, 2016, 08:34 PM
No real surprises, except maybe for Mercer and Delaware..

http://www.stadiumjourney.com/news/12-29-2015/1303/2015-fcs-college-football-stadium-experience-rankings

What did you find surprising about Delaware?

melloware13
January 6th, 2016, 09:08 PM
We should do an AGS Stadium Rankings during the offseason, but would have to figure out a way to eliminate bias (maybe have a "home fan" only be able to provide info).

UNH_Alum_In_CT
January 6th, 2016, 09:09 PM

It is if they were there on Homecoming (has pictures of Homecoming 2014 against W&M) or the opening game of a season which always draws students.

Nickels
January 6th, 2016, 09:36 PM
HBU isn't the worst. It's just incomplete.

IIRC the lease on the CVS will run out soon and they'll build the visitor's side.

As a surprise addition to the Southland Conference in the NCAA Division I – FCS division, the Houston Baptist Huskies began official league play in 2014 at newly minted Husky Stadium. There has probably never been less fanfare about the construction of a new Division I football stadium than with Husky Stadium. After you visit the stadium, the reasons will become quickly apparent. The location of the stadium is certainly unfortunate. You'll likely find it impossible to overcome the view of the CVS directly beyond the field on the east side of the stadium. It dominates the landscape from midfield through the end zone. On the bright side, if you need to get a prescription filled during the game or pick up some aspirin and a pack of cigs
Idiot. You can't buy tobacco at CVS.

For reference..

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-_z8b7YW-SXE/VBTgd2UmP_I/AAAAAAAACt8/-jk8h4oH9o4/s1600/HBU%2BField.jpg

FormerPokeCenter
January 6th, 2016, 09:42 PM
Houston Baptist is Urnge, too?

I didn't know that...I thought they were red or something....

Nickels
January 6th, 2016, 10:06 PM
Houston Baptist is Urnge, too?

I didn't know that...I thought they were red or something....
Yep. They're blue and orange too..and we share "Houston" in our names.

along with that the SLC has;
2 schools that are red cardinals
4 purple schools
2 coastal schools that don't play football

FormerPokeCenter
January 6th, 2016, 10:26 PM
UNO keeps talking about fielding a team....

If Corpus ever gets a team, I think they could be a diamond in the rough...Having a school on your own little Island is pretty cool....I think it would be pretty easy to recruit kids to go to school there....

It might be a little too windy to work on a passing game, though....

FUBeAR
January 6th, 2016, 10:31 PM
What did you find surprising about Delaware?

Same question about Mercer?

FormerPokeCenter
January 6th, 2016, 10:58 PM
I'm surprised that a new program would be in the top ten....As has been pointed out, there are some very established programs with great venues who are in the bottom half...

As to Delaware, I probably shouldn't have said that. I've never been there, but I've heard others disparage it...

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 6th, 2016, 11:26 PM
I'm surprised that a new program would be in the top ten....As has been pointed out, there are some very established programs with great venues who are in the bottom half...

As to Delaware, I probably shouldn't have said that. I've never been there, but I've heard others disparage it...

I've only been to the Tub for UD-Lehigh games (historic rivals) and it's always been a great atmosphere. UD was always the benchmark for 1AA/FCS football in the Mid-Atlantic/Northeast as I was growing up.

The stadium is in desperate need of a renovation though. The chicken coop press box has always looked ridiculous imo.....

Sader87
January 6th, 2016, 11:53 PM
Fitton Field at #95 is a joke...there are very few stadia in the country like Fitton were you are very much right on top of the field due to the closeness of the stands to the gridiron.

Beautiful campus setting, close tail-gating etc....it has its warts but it's one of the better facilities to spend an autumnal afternoon in the country imo.

Very poor list overall.

CID1990
January 7th, 2016, 04:36 AM
I think they just used google maps and college websites to pit this dumb list together.

No mention of our visitor's side pisswall = invalid list

Big_Fan
January 7th, 2016, 07:42 AM
I have been to SEMO.

No idea how they make any list.

ebirToG
January 7th, 2016, 07:56 AM
As a W&M grad and Philadelphia native....

W&M #85 and Villanova #65?????????

I think they have the numbers wrong - 65 is the average number of fans Villanova draws.

jsualumnus
January 7th, 2016, 08:08 AM

Top 3... The guy who publishes this admitted to never coming to a JSU game. The Fargo Dome may get some doubters because it is a dome, and any dome amplifies the sound, but you can't take away the electric atmosphere created by their fans, their tailgate, and their team tradition.

Mercer is a complete shock as I have been to their stadium and their game day tailgate before. It isn't all that!

I have been to Montana Grizzly games, as I am originally from Great Falls, and their game day is amazing and deserves #1...

JSUSoutherner
January 7th, 2016, 08:31 AM
Top 3... The guy who publishes this admitted to never coming to a JSU game. The Fargo Dome may get some doubters because it is a dome, and any dome amplifies the sound, but you can't take away the electric atmosphere created by their fans, their tailgate, and their team tradition.

Mercer is a complete shock as I have been to their stadium and their game day tailgate before. It isn't all that!

I have been to Montana Grizzly games, as I am originally from Great Falls, and their game day is amazing and deserves #1...

Ehhhh. I would have to see if our playoff attendance carries over to next year. Our atmosphere in the stadium during the game is definitely top 3. But we struggle in the tailgating/ things to do around town department. If we could have a tailgating scene like we did for homecoming and a stadium atmosphere like we did for the playoffs every game I would definitely say top 3. We are definitely on the edge of being there.

I'm just glad we are ranked higher than Chatty.

Yeah, I agree with the Mercer comment. It's good, but the game day is nothing to write home about.

UNHWildcat18
January 7th, 2016, 10:30 AM

Hahahaha nice...... And true

UNHWildcat18
January 7th, 2016, 10:32 AM
Fitton Field at #95 is a joke...there are very few stadia in the country like Fitton were you are very much right on top of the field due to the closeness of the stands to the gridiron.

Beautiful campus setting, close tail-gating etc....it has its warts but it's one of the better facilities to spend an autumnal afternoon in the country imo.

Very poor list overall.

Not that UNH can speak for a stadium but the actual stadium is ugly as ****. A close to the field design but cold ugly grey all around. At least re do the seats and press box with some purple

SENOREIDA
January 7th, 2016, 10:36 AM
Big South Rankings:
#5 Brooks Stadium (CCU)
#10 Fifth Third Bank Stadium (Kennesaw St)
#18 Spangler Stadium (Gardner-Webb)
#19 Bailey Memorial Stadium (Presby)
#32 Williams Stadium (Liberty)
#62 Kessler Field (Monmouth)
#119 Buccaneer Field (CSU)

Personally it should be:
Liberty
Coastal
Kennesaw St
Gardner-Webb
Presby
CSU

Catsfan90
January 7th, 2016, 10:51 AM
It is if they were there on Homecoming (has pictures of Homecoming 2014 against W&M) or the opening game of a season which always draws students.
Good point. If its homecoming, or the Maine game there's a lot of students who will be walking there. Other than that though...

Daytripper
January 7th, 2016, 10:59 AM
They are being very generous with Bowers Stadium at #51...

FUBeAR
January 7th, 2016, 11:44 AM
Yeah, I agree with the Mercer comment. It's good, but the game day is nothing to write home about.

You shoulda come by my group's tailgate at Mercer. We 'kicked off' at 9 AM and went HARD until kick-off with an assortment of amazing food and a wide variety and liberal quantities of adult beverages up until actual kick-off. Then we really turnt up post-game. You'da been writin' home, but it would have been in scrawled illegible hand-writing and, perhaps, asking for bail money. xdrunkyx

bluehenbillk
January 7th, 2016, 12:13 PM
As a W&M grad and Philadelphia native....

W&M #85 and Villanova #65?????????

I think they have the numbers wrong - 65 is the average number of fans Villanova draws.

W&M has better tailgating but the stadiums are very similar - tracks & crappy sightlines. I'm looking forward to the 2nd deck at Zable.

JSUSoutherner
January 7th, 2016, 12:16 PM
You shoulda come by my group's tailgate at Mercer. We 'kicked off' at 9 AM and went HARD until kick-off with an assortment of amazing food and a wide variety and liberal quantities of adult beverages up until actual kick-off. Then we really turnt up post-game. You'da been writin' home, but it would have been in scrawled illegible hand-writing and, perhaps, asking for bail money. xdrunkyx
I've been to several Mercer games with friends. Like I said, it's good. It has its quirks. But every game day has its quirks. The times I went really just weren't that special to me.

Go Green
January 7th, 2016, 01:06 PM
Princeton at #67 xconfusedx and Colgate at #99xpissedx.

Dartmouth did well at #29. xnodx

FUBeAR
January 7th, 2016, 01:14 PM
I've been to several Mercer games with friends. Like I said, it's good. It has its quirks. But every game day has its quirks. The times I went really just weren't that special to me.

I've only been to 1 game @ JaxSt...the FU game with the controversial 2nd chance TD pass to win ending for the Paladins. My favorite part (other than the FU win) was when I walked by one of the portals and shoved my friend thru it (I was younger and crazier then)....and he wound up going thru the JaxSt players and onto the field....what is it...about 6 feet from the stadium portal (under the stadium) to the sidelines?

jsualumnus
January 7th, 2016, 01:23 PM
You go through that portal and it's another dimension

JSUSoutherner
January 7th, 2016, 01:38 PM
You go through that portal and it's another dimension
A dimension full of winners.

ebirToG
January 7th, 2016, 02:47 PM
W&M has better tailgating but the stadiums are very similar - tracks & crappy sightlines. I'm looking forward to the 2nd deck at Zable.

I hear ya. Just the frame for the second deck looks impressive. I agree with track/sightline comment but I like the "feel" at W&M better with brick surrounding one end and the student center on the other. It feels more like a stadium. Villanova just feels like bleachers... but I know I am biased.

One of my favorite places to play was at Delaware. I played back in the Tubby days - packed stadium - loud - fans close to the field - REALLY fun. Now that stadium is showing its age - as am I.

bostonspider
January 7th, 2016, 04:57 PM
It is interesting to compare how tracks can wreck the sight lines. I think it depends on how high the first row starts..

Villanova

http://image1.stadiumjourney.com/images/stadiums/1330_View_from_the_West_Stands_at_Villanova_Stadiu m.jpg

William and Mary

http://image2.stadiumjourney.com/images/stadiums/1778_Zable_Stadium_12.jpg

Towson

http://image1.stadiumjourney.com/images/stadiums/1025_Packed_Grandstand_at_Johnny_Unitas_Stadium.jp g

Richmond

http://image1.stadiumjourney.com/images/stadiums/1390_E._Claiborne_Robins_13.jpg

Goodness we have a lot of tracks in the CAA. It does seem that Richmond and maybe Towson have better sight lines than W&M and VU

RootinFerDukes
January 7th, 2016, 07:24 PM
Wait JMU is 3rd? But kpsul the unh fan said we have less atmosphere than W&M and Liberty.
I don't understand.

CockyGeek
January 7th, 2016, 07:27 PM
I've only been to 1 game @ JaxSt...the FU game with the controversial 2nd chance TD pass to win ending for the Paladins. My favorite part (other than the FU win) was when I walked by one of the portals and shoved my friend thru it (I was younger and crazier then)....and he wound up going thru the JaxSt players and onto the field....what is it...about 6 feet from the stadium portal (under the stadium) to the sidelines?
That's awesome. They have little gates up now since that side has been re designed.

RootinFerDukes
January 7th, 2016, 07:34 PM
The JMU description is pretty spot on and relatively 'kind' when saying we wear our emotions on our sleeves....

Though I disagree with "Winning or losing, the crowd stays involved in the game". As man know, if we are up/ down/ or there is a major party that weekend, most people have not been staying until the very end....

I agree. If we ever fall behind by two possessions, the crowd tends to get quiet and stay quiet until the lead is regained.

RootinFerDukes
January 7th, 2016, 07:42 PM
In the CAA, I've been to UR, WM, TU, UD and VU.
They rank as the following in atmosphere:
UD (UD win over JMU helped the atmosphere)
TU (probably the nicest facility, so-so atmosphere with a TU win. Only slightly better because all other CAA teams had mediocre atmosphere).
UR (nice high school stadium, okay atmosphere for such a small amount of fans. Silent last year while JMU won, visiting crowd overpowers the atmosphere of the home crowd by bringing half the fans)
WM (old stadium that was nothing special, now being renovated. It was as quiet as a library while WM lost in the rain)
VU (absolutely gorgeous day, VU win. No atmosphere whatsoever. It felt like a high school football game)

kdinva
January 7th, 2016, 08:10 PM
True.......@ VMI, on home side, row "A" is about six feet up.....

It is interesting to compare how tracks can wreck the sight lines. I think it depends on how high the first row starts..

Villanova

http://image1.stadiumjourney.com/images/stadiums/1330_View_from_the_West_Stands_at_Villanova_Stadiu m.jpg

William and Mary

http://image2.stadiumjourney.com/images/stadiums/1778_Zable_Stadium_12.jpg

Towson

http://image1.stadiumjourney.com/images/stadiums/1025_Packed_Grandstand_at_Johnny_Unitas_Stadium.jp g

Richmond

http://image1.stadiumjourney.com/images/stadiums/1390_E._Claiborne_Robins_13.jpg

Goodness we have a lot of tracks in the CAA. It does seem that Richmond and maybe Towson have better sight lines than W&M and VU

Kemo
January 7th, 2016, 08:55 PM
SDSU just released an updated picture of one of those "small fixes" we're doing to our stadium:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22096&stc=1

NoCoDanny
January 7th, 2016, 10:17 PM
I read a few of these descriptions and it's obvious they had never even been to the stadium in question the description is so generic and bland... not that it's possible to visit 125 stadiums but that's why this sort of ranking is so arbitrary and a waste of time.

BisonFan02
January 7th, 2016, 11:48 PM
SDSU just released an updated picture of one of those "small fixes" we're doing to our stadium:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22096&stc=1

Its already an improvement.

Kemo
January 8th, 2016, 01:47 AM
Its already an improvement.

Talking about the playing field? xshakefistx

Ivytalk
January 8th, 2016, 06:34 AM
This is a worthless survey. It totally screwed up the order of the Ivy stadiums. To have Princeton near the bottom is a travesty.

PaladinFan
January 8th, 2016, 07:35 AM

Without the article giving actual grades, it is hard to know what objective reasoning they gave for ranking teams where they are.

Certainly seems like they ranked the "newest" SoCon stadiums at the top, though two out of those three (Gibbs and Seibert) typically attract small crowds, have little aesthetic appeal, and pretty quite atmospheres.

I'm with the Citadel folks. I imagine they have never set foot in these stadiums. I have a difficult time believing that they evaluated the neighborhoods in which these stadiums sit as well. That's a hard enough analysis even if you are sitting at the stadium looking in every direction.*

*except for University of Houston. You need covering fire outside that stadium.

BisonFan02
January 8th, 2016, 08:36 AM
Talking about the playing field? xshakefistx

Yes. :D. For real though...it is going to be nice when done. xthumbsupx

mmiller_34
January 8th, 2016, 09:16 AM
http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah248/mitchellmiller32/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsxlgrkn0k.jpeg (http://s1382.photobucket.com/user/mitchellmiller32/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsxlgrkn0k.jpeg.html)

Yes. Even with "half" our small improvements that were completed last year. We are still behind Western Illinois. This list is a joke.

Go Green
January 8th, 2016, 09:34 AM
It totally screwed up the order of the Ivy stadiums.

How would you rank them?

ST_Lawson
January 8th, 2016, 10:00 AM
Yes. Even with "half" our small improvements that were completed last year. We are still behind Western Illinois. This list is a joke.

Yea, that's dumb. There's a lot to like about Hanson Field, but in terms of the actual stadium, we've been passed up by all but one or two other schools in the conference.

Andy
January 8th, 2016, 01:06 PM
LC will get some fresh opinions of our facility this season as Delaware and Villanova fans get their first look at the "new" Fisher. Hens haven't been to Easton since 1971 and Nova not since, incredibly, 1920! These will undoubtedly be under the lights - 6pm KOs have been the norm for Sept games of late.

After 9 seasons of multi-sport use, Fisher gets a new surface with heating system this spring.

2ram
January 8th, 2016, 03:04 PM
#21, multi-sport field @ gtown.

this list lost all credibility.

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 8th, 2016, 04:22 PM
How would you rank them?

I know you didn't ask me but I'd go....

1. Princeton Stadium
2. Harvard Stadium
3. Franklin Field
4. Yale Bowl
5. Memorial Field
6. Wien Stadium
7. Schoelkopf Field
8. Brown Stadium

FCS_pwns_FBS
January 8th, 2016, 04:40 PM
Johnson-Hagood and Finley being in the triple digits is ridiculous.

citdog
January 8th, 2016, 10:42 PM
I think this fella must have been on bath salts during his stadium journey.

Go Green
January 9th, 2016, 06:51 AM
I know you didn't ask me but I'd go....

1. Princeton Stadium
2. Harvard Stadium
3. Franklin Field
4. Yale Bowl
5. Memorial Field
6. Wien Stadium
7. Schoelkopf Field
8. Brown Stadium

One thing to keep in mind is that both the Yale Bowl and Harvard Stadium are in need of some upgrading. Especially the Yale Bowl. Once those happen, no one will deny that they should be at the top of the list. Memorial Field just finished their upgrades and it looks very nice now.

Franklin Field has been undergoing renovations this season. They closed off the entire visitors section and stuck everyone on the home side. So that takes away from the fan experience, at least for this past season.

Would also say that FF probably loses points because they have the most empty seats of any stadium out there. For whatever reason, Penn has really taken a hard hit on the attendance front.

But FF looks like a great place for baseball.

http://imagecache5d.allposters.com/watermarker/22-2263-JQUZD00Z.jpg?ch=671&cw=894

ASU33
January 9th, 2016, 06:52 AM
This whole thing was a joke. If you've been to our stadium and can name 24 others ones better then something is seriously wrong.

Go Green
January 9th, 2016, 06:54 AM
#21, multi-sport field @ gtown.

this list lost all credibility.

Not if you enjoy leaning over the railings and participating in positional meetings on the sidelines. :)

SFA 93
January 9th, 2016, 08:39 AM
working on them upgrades

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CX-4vJOUAAAWAsV.jpg

Penguin Nation
January 9th, 2016, 09:12 AM
I graduated from both YSU and Georgetown. The stands in YSU's natatorium are better than G'town's football stadium......using the word stadium very loosely.

This list is a farce.

Nickels
January 9th, 2016, 02:12 PM
working on them upgrades

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CX-4vJOUAAAWAsV.jpg
You guys want to be like your big brother so bad...

BluBengal07
January 9th, 2016, 07:29 PM
a pretty poo ranking list.

KPSUL
January 9th, 2016, 08:09 PM
Dartmouth did well at #29. xnodx

Probably all better than Harvard. Harvard stadium was outdated and uncomfortable 45 years ago when I went there for Patriots games and it looks even worse now.

Last time I went to Dartmouth was at the 1923 vintage stadium. I plan to see it this year @ the UNH game.

FormerPokeCenter
January 10th, 2016, 10:25 AM

It's amusing to watch you guys quibble about your HS stadiums ;)

Go Green
January 10th, 2016, 11:10 AM
Last time I went to Dartmouth was at the 1923 vintage stadium. I plan to see it this year @ the UNH game.

The outside façade has been preserved. But the rest of the stands have been modernized.

Really a shame that we didn't play UNH in 2015. We had a talented, senior-led team. We have talented guys returning, but they are not experienced, and asking them to open against UNH is a tall order.

Terry2889
January 10th, 2016, 11:54 AM

At least you can clip a carabiner onto that. Significantly safer than the trip to the coordinator's box.

GAD
January 10th, 2016, 01:04 PM
This whole thing was a joke. If you've been to our stadium and can name 24 others ones better then something is seriously wrong.
We have a top 10 fan base, tailgating and band, and they said their are 90 teams better that us...

JSUSoutherner
January 10th, 2016, 02:34 PM
It's amusing to watch you guys quibble about your HS stadiums ;)
Seriously, why can't we like things multiple times?

Panther88
January 11th, 2016, 06:00 AM
The crystal meth is real w/ this one lol. I hope shim continues to use obselete satellite imagery to fuel its unsubstantiated trolling report smh.

SFA 93
January 11th, 2016, 05:28 PM
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTsW2UHnY7Un6IMwLwkjydrfU5GHgicA bCemrFjeKx9vX0-X1l1

How's that TV deal going for you guys? xthumbsupx
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQQ2-mimlyybSybO9tQ0w1CHGqvGn4l179LBEu71LU1fYiud_fK

JSUSoutherner
January 11th, 2016, 06:00 PM
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTsW2UHnY7Un6IMwLwkjydrfU5GHgicA bCemrFjeKx9vX0-X1l1

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQQ2-mimlyybSybO9tQ0w1CHGqvGn4l179LBEu71LU1fYiud_fK
*Checks to see how many times SFA was on an ESPN network this year*

*Answer is zero*

That's a nice looking door. xnodx

Nickels
January 11th, 2016, 07:46 PM

We signed a TV deal. You signed an internet deal. Close enough little bro.

UNHWildcat18
January 11th, 2016, 07:59 PM
I think this guy went to a UNH game in an alternate universe...

UNH easily has the best stadium in the FCS...... Ours will be very similar to william and mary/ Richmond when done. I am really jealous of what W&M puts in their endzone for seating every year.

JSUSoutherner
January 11th, 2016, 08:11 PM
UNH easily has the best stadium in the FCS...... Ours will be very similar to william and mary/ Richmond when done. I am really jealous of what W&M puts in their endzone for seating every year.
Is it as fantastic as Sam Houston's and SFA's?

SFA 93
January 11th, 2016, 08:30 PM
Splitting hairs aren't we?

Nickels
January 11th, 2016, 08:50 PM
Splitting hairs aren't we?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Texas_presidential_election,_1836

Twentysix
January 11th, 2016, 09:00 PM

Thank you. I had never even considered that Texas had presidents.

SFA 93
January 11th, 2016, 09:05 PM
Lol I was talking about the ESPN3 deal versions the FOXsports deal.

Nickels
January 11th, 2016, 09:07 PM
Thank you. I had never even considered that Texas had presidents.
NP. Throwing discussions off topic is kind of my thing...

We'll have another election once we secede...again...

SFA 93
January 11th, 2016, 09:10 PM
I thought Sam Houston was against secession? lol

Nickels
January 11th, 2016, 09:12 PM
I thought Sam Houston was against secession? lol
He would change his mind if he lived in these times.

Plus he was probably drunk when he said that...he had a bit of a problem for a while...

FormerPokeCenter
January 11th, 2016, 10:10 PM

I'm confused....who's the Father of Texas again?

Doesn't that Make SFA "Your Daddy???"

Nickels
January 11th, 2016, 10:27 PM
I'm confused....who's the Father of Texas again?

Doesn't that Make SFA "Your Daddy???"
In the wiki..

Austin was not widely known to most Texans, and his connections to land speculator Samuel May Williams had soiled his public reputation.
We'll give you a call in a few months for crawfish, until then...

FormerPokeCenter
January 11th, 2016, 10:41 PM
In the wiki..

We'll give you a call in a few months for crawfish, until then...

Even Sam Houston, himself, admitted it...If it's good enough for him, it should be good enough for you...

Since you like Wikipedia so much...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_F._Austin

Upon hearing of Austin's death, Houston ordered an official statement proclaiming: "The Father of Texas is no more; the first pioneer of the wilderness has departed."

BisonFan02
January 11th, 2016, 10:44 PM
You guys are adorable.... :D xlolx

Nickels
January 11th, 2016, 10:47 PM
Even Sam Houston, himself, admitted it...If it's good enough for him, it should be good enough for you...

Since you like Wikipedia so much...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_F._Austin

Upon hearing of Austin's death, Houston ordered an official statement proclaiming: "The Father of Texas is no more; the first pioneer of the wilderness has departed."

nuff bolded...bull**** statement by classy guy...

FormerPokeCenter
January 11th, 2016, 10:53 PM
LOL, don't mind me. You guys continue on with your family feud....

At least neither one of your schools are named after Mirabeau Lamar....

Nickels
January 11th, 2016, 11:43 PM
LOL, don't mind me. You guys continue on with your family feud....

At least neither one of your schools are named after Mirabeau Lamar....
If Texas residents could vote on it, we would give you Beaumont.

FormerPokeCenter
January 12th, 2016, 12:15 AM
We'd probably take Port Arthur....thanks anyway, though...

DFW HOYA
January 12th, 2016, 06:55 AM
We'd probably take Port Arthur....thanks anyway, though...

Runner-up gets Orange.

Tribe4SF
January 12th, 2016, 07:07 AM
These rankings seem mostly random. Here's the projection of renovated Zable Stadium for next year.

http://i1367.photobucket.com/albums/r798/Tribe4SF/zable%20renovation_zpswezadt13.png

Terry2889
January 12th, 2016, 09:46 AM
Wish W & M and UNH could move their damn tracks! Beautiful stadium in one of my favorite parts of the country ruined by an orange track!

bostonspider
January 12th, 2016, 10:38 AM
Wish W & M and UNH could move their damn tracks! Beautiful stadium in one of my favorite parts of the country ruined by an orange track!

If you are not in the first row, it does not really change your viewing pleasure. Sure everyone would be a little closer, but these are not big stadiums, no one is that far away from the field.

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/71635_452575300757_5563204_n.jpg?oh=cc7b6e9e05ad56 b4e4deb0318f298709&oe=573A9E28

UNH_Alum_In_CT
January 12th, 2016, 01:49 PM
Agreed that no one is very far away in our stadiums. But I've been to URI, Stony Brook and Delaware where they don't have tracks. The "viewing pleasure" was definitely superior at those stadiums. On my two visits to Stony Brook, I've stood behind the last row of seats on the visitor's side and sat in the end zone. Both were excellent locations. Before URI made the Ryan Center side the home side, I sat there and those are just about the best seats in the CAA. I just think that schools lose the opportunity to sell something very special, proximity to the gridiron, when they have a track. The product isn't NFL or P5, but unlike them we're going to offer up front and personable at a fraction of the price.

At the same time I understand the reasons for having a track around the gridiron. I'm assuming that both UR and W&M have land issues and need to double up. UNH had the track rebuilt a few years ago with private donations and have used the all purpose venue as a selling point for the stadium enhancement. In addition to football, lacrosse and soccer I'm sure collegiate meets and HS State Championships for Track and Field are part of that vision.

bostonspider
January 12th, 2016, 02:03 PM
Richmond also sold the new Robins Stadium as an all purpose venue. And it was built on the site of the previous track / soccer stadium, so the track sadly stayed.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4095/4790705952_916b39be6b_b.jpg

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 12th, 2016, 03:21 PM
It was noted back in November that Lehigh is seriously exploring the idea of using the existing press box for suites and building a new press box on the east side. That will really give the stadium a different feel. #48 now?!?! Goodman could use some updating but it remains one of the better venues in FCS.....

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/11221702_1076090699090027_9008017847867396073_n.jp g?oh=4b9bfcd13cc35d80d7a6a64d79ee41ac&oe=570E664D

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/v/t1.0-9/11148689_1076090722423358_7933646299655334754_n.jp g?oh=9d7c894bed0a0e6e1585433dc3dfdaf9&oe=570C868C

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/12235056_1076090749090022_6065531616477965439_n.jp g?oh=dd048b9994d23f9934218f2ceadc5cc6&oe=5743B74F

Grizzlies82
January 12th, 2016, 05:28 PM
He would change his mind if he lived in these times.

Plus he was probably drunk when he said that...he had a bit of a problem for a while...

Don't be bad mouthing my kin! Sam was probably at least a little bit drunk most of the time.

Nickels
January 13th, 2016, 12:45 AM
Don't be bad mouthing my kin! Sam was probably at least a little bit drunk most of the time.
According to the some, he won the Battle of San Jacinto completely drunk and "stupefied and stultified with opium".
http://www.tamu.edu/faculty/ccbn/dewitt/adp/archives/newsarch/houston_dope.html

I always find it funny how we place historical figures on pedestals but if you peel back the layers of history you soon find out that they are just as imperfect as you.

SFA 93
January 13th, 2016, 03:02 PM
I couldn't agree more, don't put anybody on a pedestal, as nobody can live up to it.

worrierking
January 14th, 2016, 01:32 PM
I counted them up and I have been to 27 of these venues. I agree with the top spot, although if Appalachian State were still FCS, they would get the nod over Wa-Griz in a close vote for my all-time favorite. Georgia Southern was another good venue we lost to FBS. I've also been to UL-Monroe, WKU and Texas State when they were FCS, so 32 FCS facilities.

Some of my favorites from over the years include Grambling, Youngstown State and Delaware. All outstanding.

I am biased toward McNeese, so I won't rank ourselves.

SFA 93
January 15th, 2016, 07:06 PM
almost there

3rd largest in FCS

https://twitter.com/SFA_Athletics/status/688156614101082118

mmiller_34
January 16th, 2016, 09:13 AM
almost there

3rd largest in FCS

https://twitter.com/SFA_Athletics/status/688156614101082118

Who is 1 and 2?

SFA 93
January 16th, 2016, 10:32 AM
#1 Tennessee State at LP Field (8,467 sq. ft.)
#2 South Dakota State at Coughlin-Alumni Stadium (3,100 sq. ft.)
#3 Stephen F. Austin State Homer Bryce Stadium (2,917 sq. ft.)
#4 Northern Iowa UNI-Dome (2,600 sq. ft.)
#5 Sam Houston State Bowers Stadium (2,570 sq. ft.)

Largest video screen in the world Suzhou Sky Screen (172,220 sq. ft.)

This was our video board
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/sasu/sports/genrel/auto_bsi_large/11491122.jpeg?1447709585

Thumper 76
January 16th, 2016, 10:35 AM

This was our video board
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/sasu/sports/genrel/auto_bsi_large/11491122.jpeg?1447709585

You can't really count Tennessee State that's not an FCS field.

mmiller_34
January 16th, 2016, 10:57 AM

This was our video board
Oh nice. I knew SDSU was up there but I never actually saw a list. I agree with Thumper, NFL stadiums shouldn't be counted.

SFA 93
January 16th, 2016, 03:20 PM
Ok then...

#1 South Dakota State
#2 Stephen F. Austin State :D

JSUSoutherner
January 16th, 2016, 03:33 PM
Hopefully JSU has a bigger screen in the pipelines. Compared to the rest of our stadium the scoreboard is really bad. That and the sun has turned it pink.
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22122&stc=1
Some posters on GJS suggested moving that screen to our baseball field and putting a bigger screen on the field house in the other end zone. It would open up the view of the mountains that's currently blocked by our minitron and it wouldn't get washed out by the sun.

It would definitely help our GameDay experience continue to grow.

I think we just need to play Auburn again and instead of them paying us $500,000, if we win we get their new video board. xthumbsupx
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22125&stc=1

mmiller_34
January 16th, 2016, 04:18 PM
Ok then...

#1 South Dakota State
#2 Stephen F. Austin State :D

This is how it should be. Two Jacks on top. xthumbsupx

BisonFan02
January 16th, 2016, 06:56 PM
This is how it should be. Two Jacks on top. xthumbsupx

Two jacks don't make a right.... #dontjerkanddrive :D

ngineer
January 16th, 2016, 09:12 PM
What a crock of happy horses... People who write this stuff have nothing gainful to do. So much of the information is years out of date and down right wrong. I doubt the "writer" has attended many games at any of these venues but has taken the talking points from each school's SID.

SFA 93
January 17th, 2016, 04:47 PM
OK, all done, now time to clean up.

https://scontent-atl3-1.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xat1/t51.2885-15/e35/12558367_465247863683439_266502689_n.jpg

JSUSoutherner
January 17th, 2016, 04:54 PM

https://scontent-atl3-1.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xat1/t51.2885-15/e35/12558367_465247863683439_266502689_n.jpg
By "clean up" you mean get rid of the track, right?

Nickels
January 17th, 2016, 05:29 PM
By "clean up" you mean get rid of the track, right?
That's cute coming from a fan of a program without a men's track team...

JSUSoutherner
January 17th, 2016, 05:32 PM
That's cute coming from a fan of a program without a men's track team...
We have women's. And a track. Our just isn't surrounding our football field, which was the point. What exactly were you trying to point out?

Nickels
January 17th, 2016, 05:33 PM
We have women's. And a track. Our just isn't surrounding our football field, which was the point. What exactly were you trying to point out?
The obvious. You're judging a track when you don't even have a real track program.

JSUSoutherner
January 17th, 2016, 05:35 PM
The obvious. You're judging a track when you don't even have a real track program.
I don't need to be a fan of a school with a track team to think tracks around football fields look high school-ish.

Nickels
January 17th, 2016, 05:40 PM
I don't need to be a fan of a school with a track team to think tracks around football fields look high school-ish.
and not having a men's track program is elementary school-ish. Seriously? How in the hell are y'all D1 without a track program? That's pathetic.

JSUSoutherner
January 17th, 2016, 05:49 PM
and not having a men's track program is elementary school-ish. Seriously? How in the hell are y'all D1 without a track program? That's pathetic.
Because we meet the requirements to be a D-1 school. Any other dumb questions?

Smitty
January 18th, 2016, 07:33 AM

Who cares? All schools have to make sacrifices to meet title IX requirements.

jsualumnus
January 18th, 2016, 07:43 AM
Let's not judge a program's stadium because of a track. It's possible they use their land more efficiently. I, personally, am not a fan of stadiums with tracks, but as long as the stands aren't too far away, unlike EIU, then it's no big deal. Our stadium is fine without a track, but some stadiums look pretty good with them...

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 17th, 2016, 10:25 PM
Hero Sports "8 FCS Stadiums You Have to Visit Before You Die". It's definitely a unique list in some ways. If nothing else I've been to half of the stadiums listed....

http://herosports.com/collegefootball/fcs-football-stadiums-you-have-to-visit-harvard-montana-fargodome-presbyterian

PantherRob82
August 17th, 2016, 11:16 PM
Hero Sports "8 FCS Stadiums You Have to Visit Before You Die". It's definitely a unique list in some ways. If nothing else I've been to half of the stadiums listed....

http://herosports.com/collegefootball/fcs-football-stadiums-you-have-to-visit-harvard-montana-fargodome-presbyterian

Some odd ones on the list. I would love to see the historic Ivies and Lehigh. (already been to Montana and NDSU and the others are meh)

Grizalltheway
August 18th, 2016, 09:24 AM
Southern Utah's has a great view, but the stadium itself is EWU-tier...

Professor Chaos
August 18th, 2016, 09:29 AM
I saw one of the Fargo media guys tweet this out and thought this was pretty cool: PHOTOS: Griz football stadiums through the years (http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/photos-griz-football-stadiums-through-the-years/collection_3df3daf1-1488-56fa-9cf5-f7ec5307fbb7.html#1)

Grizalltheway
August 18th, 2016, 10:06 AM
I saw one of the Fargo media guys tweet this out and thought this was pretty cool: PHOTOS: Griz football stadiums through the years (http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/photos-griz-football-stadiums-through-the-years/collection_3df3daf1-1488-56fa-9cf5-f7ec5307fbb7.html#1)

Apparently color photography hadn't yet reached us in '86. xlolx

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 18th, 2016, 10:23 AM

Some great old pics!! I definitely want to get back there for a game!

UNIFanSince1983
August 18th, 2016, 10:38 AM
Apparently color photography hadn't yet reached us in '86. xlolx

Apparently not even in 94. By my estimation Montana didn't receive color photographs until the 2000s. xpeacex

Catbooster
August 18th, 2016, 12:05 PM
I remember going to a few games in the New Dornblaser staium. It looks better in the photo than I remember it.

Panther88
August 18th, 2016, 12:52 PM

You sir, are not well. xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx Steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-yupidly funny! :D

ngineer
August 18th, 2016, 09:27 PM
You sir, are not well. xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx Steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-yupidly funny! :D

The "Cliff's Notes" version.

GetEmGriz
August 19th, 2016, 05:26 PM
Apparently not even in 94. By my estimation Montana didn't receive color photographs until the 2000s. xpeacex

We're still waiting to get wifi here. xlolx

CHIP72
August 19th, 2016, 07:51 PM
We're still waiting to get wifi here. xlolx

No laptops or tablets for you!

McNeese72
August 20th, 2016, 12:23 AM
Southern Utah's has a great view, but the stadium itself is EWU-tier...

Yeah, I've been there twice and that one being on the list surprised me.

Doc

Bearkats94
August 21st, 2016, 12:30 PM

It's to bad you will be able to see all the replay of the TD's of those other teams on it. Don't worry SFA will score one day on it.😏