PDA

View Full Version : FBGP's 2016 FCS Championship Game Preview: NDSU vs Jacksonville State

FootballCEO
January 6th, 2016, 08:46 AM
http://footballgameplan.com/fbgps-2016-fcs-championship-game-preview-jacksonville-st-vs-north-dakota-state/

Good morning AGS! Here's my video breakdown for the Title Game. I think this one will be another classic like we saw last year.

Enjoy!

Em

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 6th, 2016, 09:00 AM
Good break down.

NDSU's defense will surprise you in this game. I'll take a fundamentally sound defense over a spread/read option team any day.

Looking forward to Saturday.

FootballCEO
January 6th, 2016, 09:29 AM
Good break down.

NDSU's defense will surprise you in this game. I'll take a fundamentally sound defense over a spread/read option team any day.

Love the matchups in this one... As they say in boxing, Styles Make Fights

Twentysix
January 6th, 2016, 09:49 AM
We used to have a pretty good record when FBGP picked against us. I haven't kept up on if that is still going on or not, but nice video!

NoDak 4 Ever
January 6th, 2016, 09:56 AM
We used to have a pretty good record when FBGP picked against us. I haven't kept up on if that is still going on or not, but nice video!

Lets just say he's 2-2 over the last 4 years

BisonTru
January 6th, 2016, 10:11 AM

We have a pretty good record when he makes a video preview..... or when he doesn't.

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 6th, 2016, 10:24 AM

2-3 after this year...xthumbsupx

BisonBacker
January 6th, 2016, 10:30 AM
Sorry but when you start out and say Big Sky Conference after NDSU from the MVFC has won it the last 4 years in a row well....that's pretty weak sauce. Could have been an easy mistake to fix but instead you just put it out anyway. xthumbsdownx

Professor Chaos
January 6th, 2016, 10:51 AM
That is a better success rate than most other people who've picked against NDSU over the last 4 years.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 6th, 2016, 10:55 AM
That is a better success rate than most other people who've picked against NDSU over the last 4 years.

Well, two of them were slam dunks.

Professor Chaos
January 6th, 2016, 11:20 AM
Well, two of them were slam dunks.
Wait what? I thought you meant he's picked against NDSU 4 times in the last 4 years and was right twice. Do you mean that he's picked against NDSU twice in the last 4 title games and is therefore 2-2 in picking those games? If that's the case then I guess it's really no different from most everyone else who's picked against NDSU over the last 4 years.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 6th, 2016, 11:27 AM
Wait what? I thought you meant he's picked against NDSU 4 times in the last 4 years and was right twice. Do you mean that he's picked against NDSU twice in the last 4 title games and is therefore 2-2 in picking those games? If that's the case then I guess it's really no different from most everyone else who's picked against NDSU over the last 4 years.

He picked the 2nd SHSU and Towson games for NDSU. Neither of those was really in doubt.

He's missed on all the close ones. He clearly doesn't understand The Heart of a Champion®

FootballCEO
January 6th, 2016, 02:32 PM
Sorry but when you start out and say Big Sky Conference after NDSU from the MVFC has won it the last 4 years in a row well....that's pretty weak sauce. Could have been an easy mistake to fix but instead you just put it out anyway. xthumbsdownx

I said "Big Sky region and not Big Sky conference".. You gotta learn to listen better :)

BisonFan02
January 6th, 2016, 02:35 PM
I said "Big Sky region and not Big Sky conference".. You gotta learn to listen better :)

That's worse Em. :D xlolx

BisonTru
January 6th, 2016, 02:37 PM

Em, somebody needs to buy you a map. 😀

Nice work on the Xs and Os tho.

Oh yeah, and your prediction sucks. 😀

BisonBacker
January 6th, 2016, 02:47 PM
My point being you associated NDSU with the Big Sky not the MVFC. IF SDSU and USD were both in the Big Sky your comment would have made a little more sense but since all are in the MVFC why bring in the Big Sky? Out of all the teams in the Big sky the only one in the region is UND. Just thought it was a easy blunder to correct but no worries I do appreciate your work as do I'm sure most here.

BisonFan02
January 6th, 2016, 02:54 PM
Also Em....just when I was starting to forgive you for 2010 and Robert Morris...you go and do this... :D

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 6th, 2016, 03:17 PM
Also Em....just when I was starting to forgive you for 2010 and Robert Morris...you go and do this... :D

He picked RM?

xlolx

BisonFan02
January 6th, 2016, 04:13 PM
He picked RM?

xlolx

#neverforget xlolx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu_tMg5Zwoc

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
January 6th, 2016, 05:15 PM
#neverforget xlolx

Ouch...... Takes guts to put yourself out there though with a prediction. But ouch

caribbeanhen
January 6th, 2016, 05:46 PM
Good break down.

I agree, Bison fans will not only be surprised but shocked........ De Barge will have all Bison fans singing a few octaves higher like that one hit wonder from the 80's

I agree that this match up has all the makings of a classic game, but these things don't always pan out like they look on paper

Jacksonville State is by far and away the best team you have faced in the previous 4 finals, note I didn't include semi's now

centennial
January 6th, 2016, 05:51 PM
I agree, Bison fans will not only be surprised but shocked........ De Barge will have all Bison fans singing a few octaves higher like that one hit wonder from the 80's

I agree that this match up has all the makings of a classic game, but these things don't always pan out like they look on paper

Jacksonville State is by far and away the best team you have faced in the previous 4 finals, note I didn't include semi's now
They aren't much different than ISU last year. SHSU year 1 was also really good. I would say NDSU is perhaps only as good as the 2011 team.

BisonTru
January 6th, 2016, 05:57 PM

Have you posted your ten reasons we're going to lose. Seriously I'm not gonna feel confident about the outcome till I see it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bisonator
January 6th, 2016, 07:41 PM
#neverforget xlolx

Bison walloped ole Bob Morris in that game 43-17!xlolx

BisonFan02
January 6th, 2016, 07:44 PM
Bison walloped ole Bob Morris in that game 43-17!xlolx

To be fair to Em...how did the game before that go? #woof

Bisonator
January 6th, 2016, 07:44 PM
To be fair to Em...how did the game before that go? #woof

Don't remind me.....:(

Gil Dobie
January 7th, 2016, 04:26 PM

This is not the best Bison team to reach the finals. This was a rebuilding year and next year will be better if all the underclassmen return. I'm already shocked the Bison are in the Championship game again this year.

BisonBacker
January 7th, 2016, 04:39 PM
This is not the best Bison team to reach the finals. This was a rebuilding year and next year will be better if all the underclassmen return. I'm already shocked the Bison are in the Championship game again this year.

^^^This^^^

semobison
January 7th, 2016, 04:55 PM

2x this!

JSUSoutherner
January 7th, 2016, 04:55 PM
So is this also going to be the excuse of the Bison lose this year?

semobison
January 7th, 2016, 04:58 PM

Take a pill, we don't make excuses. When you have been to the Natty 5 times you have something to compare. We know this is YOUR best team ever.

Gil Dobie
January 7th, 2016, 04:59 PM

The only excuse if the Bison lose, is that Jack St was a better team.

semobison
January 7th, 2016, 05:01 PM
The only excuse if the Bison lose, is that Jack St was a better team.

Well said Gil!

Schism55
January 7th, 2016, 05:03 PM
There will be zero excuses.
NDSU is the hammer, Jax st is the nail.

X-Factor
January 7th, 2016, 07:17 PM

Gosh. I distinctly remember Mr. C. crowing that exact same thing about Towson, and how there was no way we could stop a future NFL running back. What a laugher that turned into. They may be the best we have seen, but they are still decidedly underdogs. There is a reason why the Bison have won 4 in a row...

JSUSoutherner
January 7th, 2016, 10:44 PM
There is a reason why the Bison have won 4 in a row...
Because they haven't played JSU yet? ;)

caribbeanhen
January 8th, 2016, 04:25 AM

tells me something about the rest of the division you guys refuse to leave

caribbeanhen
January 8th, 2016, 04:26 AM
Gosh. I distinctly remember Mr. C. crowing that exact same thing about Towson, and how there was no way we could stop a future NFL running back. What a laugher that turned into. They may be the best we have seen, but they are still decidedly underdogs. There is a reason why the Bison have won 4 in a row...

I doubt he really said that, everyone know Towson was a fraud

Big_Fan
January 8th, 2016, 07:33 AM
Take a pill, we don't make excuses. When you have been to the Natty 5 times you have something to compare. We know this is YOUR best team ever.

The 2009 team was probably our most talented ever... and 2010 wasn't far behind.

Of course, we had Jack Crowe, and he nullifies talent.

JSUSoutherner
January 8th, 2016, 07:54 AM
The 2009 team was probably our most talented ever... and 2010 wasn't far behind.

With some of the recruits I've read about I wouldn't imagine all too much drop off between next year.

jsualumnus
January 8th, 2016, 08:18 AM

Nulified and petrified!!!! It's amazingly different!