PDA

View Full Version : Reeder verbal to Delaware

Gangtackle11
January 5th, 2016, 09:09 AM
Big get for Coach Brock. Colby Reeder is brother of Penn State MLB Troy Reeder & son of former NFL player " Delaware" Dan Reeder.

Colby is Delaware Player of the Year and is 6'3" 230 lbs. OLB/RB.

Had offers to Syracuse, Miami, & Illinois along with several FCS offers.

Ivytalk
January 5th, 2016, 09:11 AM
Good local "get" for the Hens. Maybe it will put a few Sallies butts in the seats in Newark.

Daytripper
January 5th, 2016, 09:52 AM
But did they get a quarterback?

Gangtackle11
January 5th, 2016, 10:29 AM
The $64k question.

Mattymc727
January 5th, 2016, 10:36 AM
yawn, only time will tell how good these kids actually are. How many hidden gems have we seen come through at the FCS level, that had ZERO FBS interest? Too many to salivate over this kid.

nodak651
January 5th, 2016, 01:42 PM
yawn, only time will tell how good these kids actually are. How many hidden gems have we seen come through at the FCS level, that had ZERO FBS interest? Too many to salivate over this kid.

Or FCS interest. The co-freshman of the year in the Big Sky only had 1 FCS offer each.

MR. CHICKEN
January 5th, 2016, 02:49 PM

..........REMEMBER DAT...WHEN YER RECRUITIN' CLASS IS ANNOUNCED.........BRAWK!

bluehenbillk
January 5th, 2016, 04:11 PM
But did they get a quarterback?

Just rumors right now, some juicy, some have no shot. Clock's ticking....

Reeder is a really good get, he could be dominant at the CAA level, but he's on the defensive side of the ball. First priority for UD is a QB, 2nd priority is WR, without them everything else is just smearing lipstick on a pig.

caribbeanhen
January 5th, 2016, 04:54 PM
Just rumors right now, some juicy, some have no shot. Clock's ticking....

Reeder is a really good get, he could be dominant at the CAA level, but he's on the defensive side of the ball. First priority for UD is a QB, 2nd priority is WR, without them everything else is just smearing lipstick on a pig.

Hen fans are starting to get excited again by the prospects of the Defense which is already pretty good, lots of pressure on Brock to get not only a QB but the right QB and targets to throw to that don't look like scarecrows trying to get separation from a crow

centennial
January 5th, 2016, 06:20 PM
Hen fans are starting to get excited again by the prospects of the Defense which is already pretty good, lots of pressure on Brock to get not only a QB but the right QB and targets to throw to that don't look like scarecrows trying to get separation from a crow
How many wins does Delaware get next season?

caribbeanhen
January 5th, 2016, 06:32 PM
How many wins does Delaware get next season?

way to early, We have no one on the current roster capable of being a QB and 2 few receivers, we fill those holes and were in the hunt for the playoffs. I say that believing that Delaware only needs to have an average offense to win games next year because the D is gonna be pretty good

YoUDeeMan
January 6th, 2016, 09:40 AM
UD's defense was nothing special.

A birdie told me that Carribe ranked our D somewhere up in the teens. To get there, he took out all of the "bad" teams ranked ahead of us that played in weak conferences.

Huh? xdizzyx

I'm not going to bother looking it up Carribe's post, but a valid question would be did he put in other teams ahead of us that played in conferences with better offenses? xeyebrowx My bet is he didn't.

And, did he count our games against Elon, URI, Laffy, and Albany? Those teams, and their offenses, absolutely sucked, but I bet those stats were still kept in to make our D look good. xlolx

Wow.

The two "real" offenses we stopped? UNH proved they were a paper tiger...more like a paper bag over a comedian's head, and W&M also proved (once again) that Laycock has no clue how to come out of his base defense when he is getting shredded. Both of those teams failed to stop UD's one dimensional offense (hello...load the box and we can't move the ball), so their offenses stayed on the sideline. W&M only had the ball 18:48 and still manged 23 points. UD's TOP advantage, thanks to the genius Brock, did more to help our D, and a lot less to help our O, than most care to admit.

As for other games, don't give me JMU''s averages...Lee wasn't on the field.

We had an average defense that was exposed each time it was challenged by a team with a good offense.

We lose 3 defensive linemen...they, and our ridiculous offensive game plan, were the real reason we kept down opposing scores. Those front 3 seniors were able to pressure QBs and protect our DBs and LBs.

And we could be losing our punter...who is a really good, but not the best, punter. He often dictated field position and helped our D a lot.

If our offense opens up, the D will be on the field more, and opposing offenses will score more. We will not be a shut down D, we will be average.

The good news is that we open against Delaware State and Laughable. Then comes the predictable performance crash that Brock has brought every year. xnodx

caribbeanhen
January 6th, 2016, 10:28 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?179349-UD-Athletic-Director-Stepping-Down/page5

Cluck, some remarks in this thread about how refreshing it was too see an unbiased post from a Delaware fan..... I posted after the first game that the D was better based on what my eyes were telling me, the Stat sheet was something I checked at the end of the year.... Yep, I had Delaware at #13, the NCAA had them at #26 or better than average based on the FCS having 123 teams

look at Cha South - #2 rated D didn't hold up that well when they played a good team in Jacksonville State

Get ready, youll be coooing about the D before the end of next year

YoUDeeMan
January 6th, 2016, 09:21 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?179349-UD-Athletic-Director-Stepping-Down/page5

Cluck, some remarks in this thread about how refreshing it was too see an unbiased post from a Delaware fan..... I posted after the first game that the D was better based on what my eyes were telling me, the Stat sheet was something I checked at the end of the year.... Yep, I had Delaware at #13, the NCAA had them at #26 or better than average based on the FCS having 123 teams

look at Cha South - #2 rated D didn't hold up that well when they played a good team in Jacksonville State

Get ready, youll be coooing about the D before the end of next year

Love ya' Carribe, and thanks for the thread link, but WKPSUL, broadcasting from deep inside the New Hampshire broadcasting mindset, is not exactly the kind of poster you want vouching for you as an unbiased source of information. He still doesn't know or understand that his Wildcats were a helpless, declawed tiny kitty in 2015. They could not contian Colgate (that was embarrassing)...and they made UD's worst offense in 40 years look like some unstoppable offensive juggernaut, and yet he thinks UNH was a solid playoff team. Good grief. xlolx

Was UD's defense better than in 2014? Sure...but we sucked in 2014, so there was much room for improvement where we'd be better but not really good. We were average...and our D would have been rolled by any of the top teams in the nation, especially with our young secondary. What UNC did to us in the second half was no fluke. And seriously...look at the schedule we had...by far the easiest schedule we've had in my memory. If it weren't for the schedule and the TOP, our D would not have been in the top 30.

Is Weaver a good coach? No. Will we get shredded a few times next year? Yup. xnodx If we don't get a QB, we will have a losing record. If we get a QB, we will be .500.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 6th, 2016, 09:22 PM
in before ursus scolds about the Ins and Outs thread.

caribbeanhen
January 8th, 2016, 03:48 AM
Love ya' Carribe, and thanks for the thread link, but WKPSUL, broadcasting from deep inside the New Hampshire broadcasting mindset, is not exactly the kind of poster you want vouching for you as an unbiased source of information. He still doesn't know or understand that his Wildcats were a helpless, declawed tiny kitty in 2015. They could not contian Colgate (that was embarrassing)...and they made UD's worst offense in 40 years look like some unstoppable offensive juggernaut, and yet he thinks UNH was a solid playoff team. Good grief. xlolx

Was UD's defense better than in 2014? Sure...but we sucked in 2014, so there was much room for improvement where we'd be better but not really good. We were average...and our D would have been rolled by any of the top teams in the nation, especially with our young secondary. What UNC did to us in the second half was no fluke. And seriously...look at the schedule we had...by far the easiest schedule we've had in my memory. If it weren't for the schedule and the TOP, our D would not have been in the top 30.

Is Weaver a good coach? No. Will we get shredded a few times next year? Yup. xnodx If we don't get a QB, we will have a losing record. If we get a QB, we will be .500.

he's an average coach, remember any average coach can call an average play but it's talent that takes it all the way! Were better on D due more athletic players moreso than anything Weaver has done or not done....

Gangtackle11
January 8th, 2016, 09:23 AM
I saw Delaware early @ Villanova. My impressions were they had some really big OL & DL men. Physically impressive. I'd say Delaware defensively will be a tough unit the next few years & especially tough to run against. They ran the ball down our throats that day and only the final minute heroics of our redshirt frosh QB gave the 'Cats their 9th win in the last ten years in The Battle of the Blue.

Franks Tanks
January 12th, 2016, 12:35 PM
Reeder's big bro is leaving Penn State to join his brother at Delaware. Nice get for the hens.

Reeder started much of the year for PSU in place of a player injured early in the year and did a nice job.

MR. CHICKEN
January 12th, 2016, 05:31 PM
Reeder's big bro is leaving Penn State to join his brother at Delaware. Nice get for the hens.

Reeder started much of the year for PSU in place of a player injured early in the year and did a nice job.

.....carribbeanhen.......IS RIGHT ON......BLUEBIRD'S D.......QUIETLAH........BEIN' BUILT........TA STIFLE........BIZONSSSSS..............NOW WHERE'S DUH QB/WR'S..&...SPICY MUSTARD?....BROCK!

melloware13
January 12th, 2016, 08:45 PM
Older Reeder might be Brock's biggest Transfer in, hopefully UD follows same trend as after last PSU transfer