PDA

View Full Version : UNI vs Boise State Bowl Game

The Yo Show
December 30th, 2015, 09:27 AM
Man... ESPN really committed to this mistake. I know I have heard people confuse UNI and NIU but this is so sad. Someone is super dyslexic at ESPN.

http://awfulannouncing.com/2015/espn-highlights-boise-state-northern-iowa-bowl-game-didnt-happen.html

Thundar
December 30th, 2015, 09:56 AM
yep...espn cares about G5 as much as FCS

clenz
December 30th, 2015, 09:56 AM
Man... ESPN really committed to this mistake. I know I have heard people confuse UNI and NIU but this is so sad. Someone is super dyslexic at ESPN.

http://awfulannouncing.com/2015/espn-highlights-boise-state-northern-iowa-bowl-game-didnt-happen.html
That's not just dyslexic, it's the wrong logo WHICH SAYS UNI

Imagine what would happen if UNI ever ended up playing NIU.

It happened a while ago in basketball, but it was a preseason small tournament so ESPN didn't care.

UNI likely would have put more yards up than that as well.

Sadly, as a UNI fan I am used to it.

The number of times I read "NIU", even on here, or that it's in Cedar Rapids, also read on here, is embarrassing....

Catsfan90
December 30th, 2015, 10:58 AM
That's not just dyslexic, it's the wrong logo WHICH SAYS UNI

Imagine what would happen if UNI ever ended up playing NIU.

It happened a while ago in basketball, but it was a preseason small tournament so ESPN didn't care.

UNI likely would have put more yards up than that as well.

Sadly, as a UNI fan I am used to it.

The number of times I read "NIU", even on here, or that it's in Cedar Rapids, also read on here, is embarrassing....
My initial thought was that it wasn't fair to UNI, because they would have had a much better showing than NIU did. Shameful.

GetEmGriz
December 30th, 2015, 12:45 PM
ESPN also screwed up last week when they posted this graphic during Jacksonville State Playoff game to show FCS attendance leaders. The Griz lead the FCS attendance, yet ESPN used the Cats logo. What makes that screw-up worse is the fact that the logo is used twice and nobody caught it when creating the graphic.

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/922830_1171912939486289_3756205928203326992_n.jpg? oh=4d93dc945aaae8be1b85fb20cbf5dd5f&oe=5709CC19

FargoBison
December 30th, 2015, 03:55 PM
Now in the bowl game on ESPN, the ref just called NC State.....North Dakota State.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 30th, 2015, 03:56 PM
Now in the bowl game on ESPN, the ref just called NC State.....North Dakota State.

Then they proceeded to poke fun at the state of North Dakota before realizing they've called a NDSU game in Fargo...xeyebrowx

IBleedYellow
December 30th, 2015, 04:05 PM
Then they proceeded to poke fun at the state of North Dakota before realizing they've called a NDSU game in Fargo...xeyebrowx

Who were the announcers?

clenz
December 30th, 2015, 04:06 PM
A few years ago when NIU played Florida State in the Orange bowl there were multiple UNI logos/references during the game.

Tell you what, though. It says something about your program when things like that happen and you're the one getting put in over an FBS team. A decade ago that doesn't happen because UNI isn't on anyone's radar...same with NDSU.

The attendance thing is some schmuck not noticing because of the background color.

I'd say UNI has as much/more national pull across the athletic department than NIU.

Hell, I know it's more. UNI's deal with Nike for uniforms/equipment that went into play this year is something few programs have. All stemmed from basketball success.

IBleedYellow
December 30th, 2015, 04:07 PM

Who are the officials? The same officials do B1G and Valley games...so that might make sense.

Catsfan90
December 30th, 2015, 04:09 PM
Who are the officials? The same officials do B1G and Valley games...so that might make sense.
They are pac 12 officials. I noticed that to! They have a pretty good shoutout to NDSU though when they realized there gaff.

IBleedYellow
December 30th, 2015, 04:13 PM
They are pac 12 officials. I noticed that to! They have a pretty good shoutout to NDSU though when they realized there gaff.

Do PAC12 officials do Big Sky games? Was this the official from the Montana vs NDSU game?

I'm grasphing for reasons as to why he'd do this, lol.

Catsfan90
December 30th, 2015, 04:32 PM
Do PAC12 officials do Big Sky games? Was this the official from the Montana vs NDSU game?

I'm grasphing for reasons as to why he'd do this, lol.
It's pretty obvious that he's tired of these boring bowl games. And had a certain exciting NC game on his mind. :p

mmiller_34
December 31st, 2015, 10:49 AM
My initial thought was that it wasn't fair to UNI, because they would have had a much better showing than NIU did. Shameful.

Mine too. Maybe NIU paid them to make that mistake.