PDA

View Full Version : FCS Kickoff 2016

Pages : [1] 2

Professor Chaos
December 28th, 2015, 08:46 AM
Has anyone herd any chatter about who will be the teams or whether there will be an ESPN FCS Kickoff at all in 2016? I would assume with the success of NDSU/Montana (I recall hearing it was the 2nd highest rated program on ESPN the day it aired) that they would be doing it again and I had even heard ESPN was interested in making it a double header. Last year I believe it was around Thanksgiving that they announced that NDSU and Montana would be the 2015 FCS Kickoff game (but the year before they didn't announce EWU/SHSU until February I believe).

Who are the best OOC matchups for next year? I'd have to think EWU @ NDSU (scheduled for 9/10/2016) would be a pretty attractive matchup. I know Montana is scheduled to play at UNI on 9/10 as well. Presumably the game(s) would be played on 8/27/2016. Currently there is nothing publicly announced that would be booking the Fargodome that day.

Is the delay in announcing it from last year due to the logistics of getting multiple games moved and get that many more teams to get NCAA waivers? Or is ESPN considering shelving it? I hope the latter isn't the case because I think it's great for the exposure of the FCS brand to have the stage to ourselves for the first college football game(s) of the year.

JSUSoutherner
December 28th, 2015, 08:57 AM
I would have said our annual matchup with Chatty, but they decided to skip out on their beatdown for next year.

gumby013
December 28th, 2015, 09:12 AM
Montana @ UNI would be a good candidate.

Cocky
December 28th, 2015, 09:32 AM
Teams I would like to see JSU play:
NDSU
UNI
Montana
JMU
Delaware
EWU
any Ivy, but more Harvard, Yale and Dartmouth
UNH

Mostly teams from different parts of the USA. Sure the Ivys would never consider a game this early in the season.

Hammerhead
December 28th, 2015, 09:58 AM
I'm assuming NDSU is still trying to fill our open date on Sept 3rd since that date is listed as "open" and it looks like they want a bye week on Sept 24th which leaves us with just 10 games on the schedule.

TTUEagles
December 28th, 2015, 10:21 AM
NDSU
UNI
Montana
JMU
Delaware
EWU
UNH
a new TTU WITHOUT Watson Brown!

Mostly teams from different parts of the USA. Sure the Ivys would never consider a game this early in the season.

Added one to your list...

jsualumnus
December 28th, 2015, 10:23 AM
Watson Brown was tired... Glad Tennessee Tech hired someone new.

TTUEagles
December 28th, 2015, 10:41 AM
Watson Brown was tired... Glad Tennessee Tech hired someone new.

Haven't hired anyone yet...still waiting

JSUSoutherner
December 28th, 2015, 10:52 AM
Haven't hired anyone yet...still waiting

You guys should give Cap'n Jack a call. According to his Twitter he's good at building programs.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 28th, 2015, 10:57 AM
JSU would need a little bit more sustained success as well as an opponent in the upper tier to be in this game.

That's not arrogant, it's reality.

RootinFerDukes
December 28th, 2015, 11:03 AM
You'd think JMU would be a good choice, but our OOC scheduling is a complete borefest. Cupcake central.

1992Bison
December 28th, 2015, 11:25 AM
Has anyone herd any chatter about who will be the teams or whether there will be an ESPN FCS Kickoff at all in 2016? I would assume with the success of NDSU/Montana (I recall hearing it was the 2nd highest rated program on ESPN the day it aired) that they would be doing it again and I had even heard ESPN was interested in making it a double header. Last year I believe it was around Thanksgiving that they announced that NDSU and Montana would be the 2015 FCS Kickoff game (but the year before they didn't announce EWU/SHSU until February I believe).

Who are the best OOC matchups for next year? I'd have to think EWU @ NDSU (scheduled for 9/10/2016) would be a pretty attractive matchup. I know Montana is scheduled to play at UNI on 9/10 as well. Presumably the game(s) would be played on 8/27/2016. Currently there is nothing publicly announced that would be booking the Fargodome that day.

Is the delay in announcing it from last year due to the logistics of getting multiple games moved and get that many more teams to get NCAA waivers? Or is ESPN considering shelving it? I hope the latter isn't the case because I think it's great for the exposure of the FCS brand to have the stage to ourselves for the first college football game(s) of the year.

FCS doubleheader! Both those games will be awesome!

tomq04
December 28th, 2015, 11:59 AM
EWU is playing @ NDSU and is hosting UNI as the 2nd part of the home and home as our out of conference games...i'd bet they would consider moving either of those up.

Hoping it's a NDSU or Montana hosted game because I cringe seeing our bleachers on national TV every time.

DFW HOYA
December 28th, 2015, 12:16 PM
EWU is playing @ NDSU and is hosting UNI as the 2nd part of the home and home as our out of conference games...i'd bet they would consider moving either of those up.

Hoping it's a NDSU or Montana hosted game because I cringe seeing our bleachers on national TV every time.

Last we checked, there was a subdivision east of the Mississippi. How about an opener between Lehigh and Delaware?

Professor Chaos
December 28th, 2015, 01:04 PM
Last we checked, there was a subdivision east of the Mississippi. How about an opener between Lehigh and Delaware?
The fact that this is the best OOC game you can throw out there is exactly what's wrong with the OOC scheduling in the subdivision east of the Mississippi. I'd love to see more games between SOCON and CAA powers. Or with JSU a la the great Chatty/JSU games we've seen over the past couple years.

Teams like EWU and UNI (and NDSU and Montana more recently) have stepped up and been willing to do a home and home deal with other prominent FCS teams. Let's see the power FCS schools east of the Mississippi do that and I'll gladly give them the consideration they deserve for the FCS Kickoff game(s).

centennial
December 28th, 2015, 01:04 PM

If Delaware or Lehigh made a playoff run. Maybe a Colgate game? I think ESPN should give some PL schools attention, since CAA just got game day.

JSUSoutherner
December 28th, 2015, 01:11 PM
Or with JSU a la the great Chatty/JSU games we've seen over the past couple years.

We can't, even though we are 23-1 in the FCS since we got Grass, been to the playoffs 3 times in a row, are playing for a title, our FCS win percentage over the past four years is .800, and had the second largest average attendance in the FCS this year, apparently we don't have a good enough track record for ESPN, who complimented our facilities during the playoffs, to come back for a rivalry game that has been historically close and well played.

At least according to this guy...

JSU would need a little bit more sustained success as well as an opponent in the upper tier to be in this game.

That's not arrogant, it's reality.

Either way, we won't see Chatty next year unless it's in the playoffs. I have, however, heard speculation of a possible Coastal Carolina vs. JSU matchup. No sources though, just hearsay.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 28th, 2015, 01:21 PM
We can't, even though we are 23-1 in the FCS since we got Grass, been to the playoffs 3 times in a row, are playing for a title, and our FCS win percentage over the past four years is .800, and had the second largest average attendance in the FCS this year, apparently we don't have a good enough track record for ESPN, who complimented our facilities during the playoffs, to come back for a rivalry game that has been historically close and well played.

At least according to this guy...

Either way, we won't see Chatty next year unless it's in the playoffs. I have, however, heard speculation of a possible Coastal Carolina vs. JSU matchup. No sources though, just hearsay.

You mean FBS transition team Coastal Carolina? Probably wouldn't work for the FCS Kickoff.

JSUSoutherner
December 28th, 2015, 01:22 PM
You mean FBS transition team Coastal Carolina? Probably wouldn't work for the FCS Kickoff.

Technically next year they will be FCS independent from what I hear. Shouldn't make a difference.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 28th, 2015, 01:24 PM
Technically next year they will be FCS independent from what I hear. Shouldn't make a difference.

In the first year of a 2 year transition before they are bowl eligible in 2018. Yes, it would make a difference.

JSUSoutherner
December 28th, 2015, 01:31 PM
In the first year of a 2 year transition before they are bowl eligible in 2018. Yes, it would make a difference.

Oh well, would still be a fun game either way. Like I said, it's just hearsay. If I'm not mistaken, we should have 3 OOC games outside of LSU next year. We don't play Tennessee State next year. It will be interesting to see who we get.

Either way, back to the plot. Who else would be a good fit? Montana @ UNI sounds like a great choice.

RootinFerDukes
December 28th, 2015, 01:36 PM
The FCS Kickoff would be a joke to feature any team that has publicly announced a move to an FBS conference prior to the announcement of the FCS Kickoff matchup. CCU can go play on ESPNU on Tuesday with Troy.

kdinva
December 28th, 2015, 01:36 PM
........Either way, back to the plot. Who else would be a good fit?

Stetson @ Davidson? xdrunkyx

mamberso
December 28th, 2015, 02:28 PM
The FCS Kickoff would be a joke to feature any team that has publicly announced a move to an FBS conference prior to the announcement of the FCS Kickoff matchup. CCU can go play on ESPNU on Tuesday with Troy.

I agree. And the fact that you took a shot at Troy earns you bonus points.

gumby013
December 28th, 2015, 02:46 PM
Not a lot of good OOC matchups to choose from next year. SDSU/Cal Poly?

JSUSoutherner
December 28th, 2015, 02:57 PM
Austin Peay vs. MVSU! LEGGO!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 28th, 2015, 03:04 PM

The more I think about it, UM/UNI might be the best on paper but that dome is not telegenic.

RootinFerDukes
December 28th, 2015, 03:11 PM
The big six FCS conferences, or anyone that is a top 10 FCS attendance program, are bound to be prioritized for who is shown as a home team. From a competitive standpoint, eliminate anyone from those conferences who has not been in the playoffs within the past five seasons.

Here are your potential host teams.

Big Sky
Cal Poly (2012 Playoffs)
Eastern Washington (2014 Playoffs)
Montana (2015 Playoffs, #1 attendance)
Montana State (2014 Playoffs, #5 attendance)
Northern Arizona (2013 Playoffs)
Portland State (2015 Playoffs)
Southern Utah (2015 Playoffs)

Big South
Liberty (2014 Playoffs, #6 attendance)

CAA
Albany (2011 Playoffs)
Delaware (#9 attendance)
James Madison (2015 Playoffs, #4 attendance)
Maine (2013 Playoffs)
New Hampshire (2015 Playoffs)
Richmond (2015 Playoffs)
Stony Brook (2012 Playoffs)
Towson (2013 Playoffs)
Villanova (2014 Playoffs)
William & Mary (2015 Playoffs)

Ivy
Yale (#3 attendance)

MEAC
South Carolina State (#10 attendance)

MVFC
Illinois State (2015 Playoffs)
Indiana State (2014 Playoffs)
North Dakota State (2015 Playoffs, #7 attendance)
Northern Iowa (2015 Playoffs)
South Dakota State (2015 Playoffs)
Western Illinois (2015 Playoffs)

OVC
Eastern Illinois (2015 Playoffs)
Eastern Kentucky (2014 Playoffs)
Jacksonville State (2015 Playoffs, #2 attendance)
Tennessee State (2013 Playoffs)
Tennessee Tech (2011 Playoffs)

SoCon
Chattanooga (2015 Playoffs)
Furman (2013 Playoffs)
Samford (2013 Playoffs)
The Citadel (2015 Playoffs)
Wofford (2012 Playoffs)

Southland
Central Arkansas (2012 Playoffs)
McNeese State (2015 Playoffs)
Sam Houston State (2015 Playoffs)
Southeastern Louisiana (2014 Playoffs)
Stephen F Austin (2014 Playoffs)

SWAC
Southern (#8 attendance)

gumby013
December 28th, 2015, 03:16 PM
The big six FCS conferences, or anyone that is a top 10 FCS attendance program, are bound to be prioritized for who is shown as a home team. From a competitive standpoint, eliminate anyone from those conferences who has not been in the playoffs within the past five seasons.

Here are your potential host teams.

Big Sky
Cal Poly (2012 Playoffs)
Eastern Washington (2014 Playoffs)
Montana (2015 Playoffs, #1 attendance)
Montana State (2014 Playoffs, #5 attendance)
Northern Arizona (2013 Playoffs)
Portland State (2015 Playoffs)
Southern Utah (2015 Playoffs)

Big South
Liberty (2014 Playoffs, #6 attendance)

CAA
Albany (2011 Playoffs)
Delaware (#9 attendance)
James Madison (2015 Playoffs, #4 attendance)
Maine (2013 Playoffs)
New Hampshire (2015 Playoffs)
Richmond (2015 Playoffs)
Stony Brook (2012 Playoffs)
Towson (2013 Playoffs)
Villanova (2014 Playoffs)
William & Mary (2015 Playoffs)

Ivy
Yale (#3 attendance)

MEAC
South Carolina State (#10 attendance)

MVFC
Illinois State (2015 Playoffs)
Indiana State (2014 Playoffs)
North Dakota State (2015 Playoffs, #7 attendance)
Northern Iowa (2015 Playoffs)
South Dakota State (2015 Playoffs)
Western Illinois (2015 Playoffs)

OVC
Eastern Illinois (2015 Playoffs)
Eastern Kentucky (2014 Playoffs)
Jacksonville State (2015 Playoffs, #2 attendance)
Tennessee State (2013 Playoffs)
Tennessee Tech (2011 Playoffs)

SoCon
Chattanooga (2015 Playoffs)
Furman (2013 Playoffs)
Samford (2013 Playoffs)
The Citadel (2015 Playoffs)
Wofford (2012 Playoffs)

Southland
Central Arkansas (2012 Playoffs)
McNeese State (2015 Playoffs)
Sam Houston State (2015 Playoffs)
Southeastern Louisiana (2014 Playoffs)
Stephen F Austin (2014 Playoffs)

SWAC
Southern (#8 attendance)

Scratch Yale. Ivy League won't allow them to play a game that early.

RootinFerDukes
December 28th, 2015, 03:23 PM
Scratch Yale. Ivy League won't allow them to play a game that early.
not even if an ESPN national game with no competition came calling?

JSUSoutherner
December 28th, 2015, 03:24 PM
not even if an ESPN national game with no competition came calling?
Nah, they are above that. If they weren't they would be a playoff conference.

RootinFerDukes
December 28th, 2015, 03:32 PM
I'd say if you're going to show two teams east of the Mississippi while taking into account attendance that won't look pitiful, you should be looking at Jacksonville State and James Madison. Delaware is another choice but they haven't been very competitive. Liberty as well, as much as I'd like to not see them get it.

JSUSoutherner
December 28th, 2015, 03:40 PM
I'd say if you're going to show two teams east of the Mississippi while taking into account attendance that won't look pitiful, you should be looking at Jacksonville State and James Madison. Delaware is another choice but they haven't been very competitive. Liberty as well, as much as I'd like to not see them get it.

Depending on who we get for OOC play, we may not even be a legitimate "maybe". Hopefully we can get a decent lot of teams this year. Blasting teams week in and week out during the regular season gets old. I want excitement.

RootinFerDukes
December 28th, 2015, 03:57 PM
It does look like these are the three contenders of the currently announced games:

1) Montana @ Northern Iowa (if they want to show at least one new team)
2) Eastern Washington @ North Dakota State (if they want to finally go to the fargodome but it means showing two previous teams)
3) Northern Iowa @ Eastern Washington (one new team, won't be the atmosphere of the other games and returning to a previous host two years later)

JSUSoutherner
December 28th, 2015, 04:06 PM
It does look like these are the three contenders of the currently announced games:

1) Montana @ Northern Iowa (if they want to show at least one new team)
2) Eastern Washington @ North Dakota State (if they want to finally go to the fargodome but it means showing two previous teams)
3) Northern Iowa @ Eastern Washington (one new team, won't be the atmosphere of the other games and returning to a previous host two years later)

I haven't kept up with EWU, but are they supposed to be better next year? Was this just a slump year from the Vernon Adams ordeal? I feel like if they don't get back to where they were a couple years ago that NDSU and UNI would roll them and I don't want to watch a team get rolled. My vote is Montana @ UNI.

Catsfan90
December 28th, 2015, 04:49 PM
NDSU
UNI
Montana
JMU
Delaware
EWU
UNH

A home and home series would be great. UNH's new stadium in 2017. And then to Jacksonville State in 2018.

AmsterBison
December 28th, 2015, 05:00 PM
I haven't kept up with EWU, but are they supposed to be better next year? Was this just a slump year from the Vernon Adams ordeal? I feel like if they don't get back to where they were a couple years ago that NDSU and UNI would roll them and I don't want to watch a team get rolled. My vote is Montana @ UNI.

If they do Montana at UNI, then they should do a double-header with the second game being Richmond v Jacksonville State. :)

Really, Jacksonville State could make a strong case because of their great crowds.

KPSUL
December 28th, 2015, 05:23 PM
A home and home series would be great. UNH's new stadium in 2017. And then to Jacksonville State in 2018.

2017 and 2019 in lieu of an FBS game both years.

Cocky
December 28th, 2015, 05:24 PM
Sounds like a good plan.
Would enjoy any games with new teams outside of the OVC.

JaxSinfonian
December 28th, 2015, 07:29 PM

JMU and JSU would be a great home-and-home. Somebody, please makes this happen, or something like it.

Catsfan90
December 28th, 2015, 09:58 PM
2017 and 2019 in lieu of an FBS game both years.
Agreed. I'd much rather see a high level fcs team than a FBS!

dgtw
December 29th, 2015, 06:30 AM
Sounds like a good plan.
Would enjoy any games with new teams outside of the OVC.

I agree. I love the UTC series, but someone else would be fun. I cant recall our last OOC game against an FCS team other than UTC that was interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RootinFerDukes
December 29th, 2015, 08:40 AM
JMU and JSU would be a great home-and-home. Somebody, please makes this happen, or something like it.
yes I would welcome this with open arms and it would be a shoo-in for an FCS kickoff game at either stadium.

tomq04
December 29th, 2015, 12:40 PM

Eastern was devastated by injuries by the 3rd game this year, the total I saw was 11 starters missing by game 3. Most notably was receivers # 2 and 3, obviously Kupp pulled his weight. QB really fell off as the weather dropped too, not 100% certain what is going on in that front, but I have faith in the system and they will be competitive in 2016. 2011 was their last year of missing the playoffs and that year as well nearly half of the starters were injured, in the end the freshman got lots of playing time and will be ready for the coming season.

JSUSoutherner
December 29th, 2015, 01:02 PM
Eastern was devastated by injuries by the 3rd game this year, the total I saw was 11 starters missing by game 3. Most notably was receivers # 2 and 3, obviously Kupp pulled his weight. QB really fell off as the weather dropped too, not 100% certain what is going on in that front, but I have faith in the system and they will be competitive in 2016. 2011 was their last year of missing the playoffs and that year as well nearly half of the starters were injured, in the end the freshman got lots of playing time and will be ready for the coming season.

Wow. Best of luck next year then. Hopefully you all can avoid the injury bug.

bertram
December 29th, 2015, 01:18 PM
Thinking the Aug 27th Cal Vs. Hawaii match up in Sydney Australia might steal the thunder from a FCS Kickoff game

Professor Chaos
December 29th, 2015, 02:41 PM
Thinking the Aug 27th Cal Vs. Hawaii match up in Sydney Australia might steal the thunder from a FCS Kickoff game
Good call, didn't realize that. Has it been announced what the game time is? I would assume it would actually be a Friday night kickoff in the US since Australia is about 18 hours ahead of us meaning that it would be a Saturday late morning/early afternoon kickoff down under.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 29th, 2015, 02:46 PM

Every Bison fan is waiting for EWU to show up next year....xnodx

tomq04
December 29th, 2015, 05:53 PM
Every Bison fan is waiting for EWU to show up next year....xnodx

I sure would like to be at that game.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 29th, 2015, 07:35 PM
forget UNI, they moved up to FBS without telling us.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CXb972tU0AA7JqI.jpg:large

kdinva
December 29th, 2015, 07:45 PM
UNI..........NIU........at least that ESPN intern got the time zone correct.....xdrunkyx

Bisonator
December 29th, 2015, 07:56 PM
UNI..........NIU........at least that ESPN intern got the time zone correct.....xdrunkyx
Nice to see them screw up FBS teams too. I'm sure Northern Illinois is loving this deflection of their suckage. xlolx

UNH_Alum_In_CT
December 29th, 2015, 08:02 PM
And the two announcers in the Baylor vs UNC-CHeat bowl game just read that graphic and didn't even flinch. xsmhx xembarrassedx xlolx xlolx

citdog
December 29th, 2015, 08:07 PM
EAST LANSING, Mich. – The Michigan State Spartans and their fans have said they don’t get enough respect. Sports Illustrated just threw another log on that fire.
The issue that was just released previewing the College Football Playoffs credits MSU head coach Mike Dantonio. But, his name is Mark.

http://fox17online.com/2015/12/17/msu-coach-mark-not-mike-dantonio-misidentified-on-sports-illustrated-cover/

kdinva
December 29th, 2015, 08:45 PM
And the two announcers in the Baylor vs UNC-CHeat bowl game just read that graphic and didn't even flinch. xsmhx xembarrassedx xlolx xlolx

.....and how'd you like Baylor, with fill in QB's, running all over UNC like they were playing with only 7 men..... xlolx

JSUSoutherner
December 29th, 2015, 09:49 PM
EAST LANSING, Mich. – The Michigan State Spartans and their fans have said they don’t get enough respect. Sports Illustrated just threw another log on that fire.
The issue that was just released previewing the College Football Playoffs credits MSU head coach Mike Dantonio. But, his name is Mark.

http://fox17online.com/2015/12/17/msu-coach-mark-not-mike-dantonio-misidentified-on-sports-illustrated-cover/

Mike Dantonio vs. Dick Saban in the Rose Bowl?

RootinFerDukes
December 30th, 2015, 07:28 AM
LOL! Further proof that the G5 are the same as FCS/D2/D3/NAIA to ESPN's interns.

kalm
December 30th, 2015, 08:14 AM

To further Tomq's reply and tie it in to some other comments here regarding "East of the Mississippi" scheduling, when you schedule like we've tended to do of late, the margin for error is slim. This was a down season but give us a typical CAA or Southern OOC schedule or an OVC conference slate, and we're probably in the field. Next year is obviously no different. Same thing can be said for playoff wins.

I loved seeing the JSU-Chatty, WIU-CCU, CAU-Samford matchups this year. If Liberty can play a home and home with Montana, why can't a JMU or W&M?

Lehigh'98
December 30th, 2015, 08:23 AM

I had no clue what they were talking about when I saw this. Thanks for the clarification.

Grizzlies82
December 30th, 2015, 08:52 AM

Just more confirmation that the teams in the MVFC do not have any offense. xcoolx

bertram
December 30th, 2015, 01:00 PM
Good call, didn't realize that. Has it been announced what the game time is? I would assume it would actually be a Friday night kickoff in the US since Australia is about 18 hours ahead of us meaning that it would be a Saturday late morning/early afternoon kickoff down under.

Game kicks off at 3:00 p.m. AET Saturday Aug 27th = 11:00 pm Eastern Time zone Friday 26th

Catsfan90
January 1st, 2016, 07:19 PM
NDSU mentioned during the rose bowl. Iowa's 2016 schedule graphic came up. And NDSU was mentioned as the team to watch out for!

centennial
January 1st, 2016, 07:25 PM
NDSU mentioned during the rose bowl. Iowa's 2016 schedule graphic came up. And NDSU was mentioned as the team to watch out for!
Just saw that. Lol. I think we lose, but I thought that vs Kansas State as well. Iowa is going to be a top 10 preseason team, win that and we get a whole day on ESPN. Problem is IMO if we beat Iowa, coach Klieman is gone after the 2016 season is over. The only thing that is saving us is Bohl stinking it up in Wyoming.

JSUSoutherner
January 1st, 2016, 07:33 PM
Just saw that. Lol. I think we lose, but I thought that vs Kansas State as well. Iowa is going to be a top 10 preseason team, win that and we get a whole day on ESPN. Problem is IMO if we beat Iowa, coach Klieman is gone after the 2016 season is over. The only thing that is saving us is Bohl stinking it up in Wyoming.

I can't tell if Iowa sucks or Stanford is just unreal.

McCaffrey should have won the Heisman.

I think NDSU will give Iowa all they want.

Bisonoline
January 1st, 2016, 07:46 PM

Klieman is still learning to be a head coach. hes going to need a couple more years before the big boys come calling if at all.

Bisonoline
January 1st, 2016, 07:49 PM
I can't tell if Iowa sucks or Stanford is just unreal.

McCaffrey should have won the Heisman.

I think NDSU will give Iowa all they want.

Stanford is playing lights out and Iowa cant stop the bleeding. For some reason the Iowas offense cant figure out what their D is doing to make adjustments on the fly.

JSUSoutherner
January 1st, 2016, 07:50 PM
Stanford is playing lights out and Iowa cant stop the bleeding. For some reason the Iowas offense cant figure out what their D is doing to make adjustments on the fly.

Stanford completely manhandled them. They should have been a playoff team.

centennial
January 1st, 2016, 07:58 PM
Klieman is still learning to be a head coach. hes going to need a couple more years before the big boys come calling if at all.
Weirder things have happened before. I really hope we can keep him till the 2018 season when we are going for 2nd for the other hand.

Bisonwinagn
January 2nd, 2016, 04:38 PM
Stanford completely manhandled them. They should have been a playoff team.

They should of earned the right to be a playoff team and they would have been.

JSUSoutherner
January 2nd, 2016, 05:05 PM
They should of earned the right to be a playoff team and they would have been.

"Earned it" is subjective. Retrospectively they had more going for their resume than Oklahoma.

centennial
January 2nd, 2016, 05:17 PM
"Earned it" is subjective. Retrospectively they had more going for their resume than Oklahoma.
Agree. Also Iowa had no business in the playffs. The selection committee is a sham. Stanford would have given Alabama a good game.

JSUSoutherner
January 2nd, 2016, 05:25 PM
Agree. Also Iowa had no business in the playffs. The selection committee is a sham. Stanford would have given Alabama a good game.

Iowa wasn't in the playoffs. Had they beaten Michigan State it would have been difficult to ignore an undefeated P5 record either way. But yeah. They need 8 teams in the playoffs. 4 is too hit and miss.

centennial
January 2nd, 2016, 05:27 PM
Iowa wasn't in the playoffs. Had they beaten Michigan State it would have been difficult to ignore an undefeated P5 record either way. But yeah. They need 8 teams in the playoffs. 4 is too hit and miss.
The point was they were ranked for 2 weeks. They weren't far from being in it.

JSUSoutherner
January 2nd, 2016, 05:29 PM
The point was they were ranked for 2 weeks. They weren't far from being in it.

Like I said, it's hit and miss with four teams. The only real B1G that would have made any noise this year was OSU. Its not entirely the committee's fault, cross-conference comparisons are difficult. I don't think anyone expected Oklahoma, Michigan State, and Iowa to crap the bed that badly.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
January 3rd, 2016, 09:27 AM
At a minimum, the two years of the four team tournament has proven that with five power conferences that four competing teams just doesn't work. IMHO, you have to go to an eight team event because a six team event would require two byes which I don't think could be fairly and correctly determined. And to be fair then the G5 conferences would somehow have to be involved. While some years there probably wouldn't be a G5 that was truly a national championship contender, the years of some of the Boise State teams and this year Houston (who beat Florida State decisively in their bowl game) mandate G5 inclusion. (I doubt Oklahoma is looking forward to their 2016 opener with the Cougars!)

To avoid G5 inclusion would the P5 contract to four super conferences to maintain the four team playoff? If that happens then hot topics will be Notre Dame and BYU joining a conference and in my home state will UConn with four MBB and ten WBB National Championships in the past twenty years get membership. There is a column in today's Hartford Courant highlighting schools that are getting included just because they are in P5 conferences rather than being true power athletic departments (Rutgers, Northwestern, Vanderbilt, Wake Forest, Iowa State, etc. were included in their list).

Will the P5 throw the G5 a bone with inclusion knowing that a true NCAA sanctioned playoff would include an AQ for every G5 conference?

CockyGeek
January 3rd, 2016, 10:19 AM
The P5 and G5 are going to split if the money isn't going to be there in a few years. There's no way any G5 team is going to make the playoffs unless they go undefeated and have convincing wins over P5 teams. FCS will be the new Division II before it's over.

The Grass is greener in Jacksonville

Herder
January 3rd, 2016, 11:55 PM
Avoid the G5/P5 split, but involve the G5 in the playoff. Here's how . . . IMO, playoff should be 12 team, with each conf champ having an avenue to the NC, not a guanranteed spot. Here's how.

12 Team Playoff. Top 4 ranked teams in with 1st round bye. 3 play-In games for last 3 playoff spots involving lower ranked conf champs or At-Large teams. 5 At Larges.

2015-16 Playoff Ranking - First Round Byes (4)
1 Clemson (C-1) R1 bye ACC
2 Alabama (C-2) R1 bye. SEC
3 Mich. State (C-3) R1 bye B1G
4 Oklahoma (C-4) R1 bye B12

At Large Bids: (5)
5 Iowa
6 Stanford (C-5) P12
7 Ohio State
8 Notre Dame
9 FL State

Play-In Spots: (3 - in official College Football Playoff)
10 PI-1 North Carolina (If W)*
11 PI-2 Houston (if W)*
12 PI-3 WKentucky (if W)*

Play-In Ranking Order: 6 teams/3 Play-In games for last 3 playoff spots 10,11,12. All conferences champs with a Play-In opportunity. (Ranked Order)
1 North Carolina (At Large for Play In)
2 Houston (C-6) AAC
3 W Kentucky (C-7) CUSA
4 Bowling Green (C-8) MAC
5 San Diego State (C-9) MWC
6 Arkansas State (C-10) SBC

1 v 6 NC v AR State*
2 v 5 Houston v SDSU*
3 v 4 W KY v B Green*

* Play-In Games
(C) Conf Champ & ranking by Conf
---

So. . .
1 Clemson v Iowa/W Ky
2 Alabama v Stanford/Houston
3 Mich State v Ohio State/North Carolina
4 Oklahoma v Notre Dame/FL State

Every Conf would have a chance to win a NC! Would be good for college FB. Only 3 games for a top 4 seed to win the title. 4 games for higher seeds. At large seeds could be adjusted to avoid conference matchups, moving OH State and Notre Dame would solve.

Money shares could be awarded to the conferences of the twelve teams that were included with additional money shares for wins. 12 Team playoff shares by conference in 2015-16 would be . . . (Assuming wins in the play-In games by ranking)

SEC=1
ACC=3
B12=1
B1G=3
P12=1
AAC=1
CUSA=1
MAC=0
MWC=0
SBC=0
Indy=1* spec consideration

Addl shares awarded to conferences for W's ala march madness. Do this, and sign me up for the Bison to go FBS. Winning your FBS conf would provide an avenue to play for a NC, albeit a slim avenue for the lower conferences. Settle it on the field, avoid a P5/G5 split. Money predominately would goto top conferences, but lower conference could earn their way into the money. Recruiting nationally might start to find a better balance.

Professor Chaos
January 4th, 2016, 02:26 PM
From Dom Izzo, sports anchor for WDAY (ABC affiliate out of Fargo):

Eastern Washington and its high flying offense will come to Fargo. The best player in FCS will be there as well in my opinion, Cooper Kupp, who by the end of his career, will be the all-time leading receiver in FCS history. The Eagles will need to find a quarterback, but for Bison fans this is a game a long time coming after the 2010 quarterfinal game in Cheney. There’s still a possibility this game gets flexed into the ESPN FCS Kickoff, I’m told by several sources that ESPN wants NDSU in the game, but the Bison still need to complete their 2016 schedule before that can happen.

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/looking-ahead-to-2016/

BisonTru
January 4th, 2016, 02:52 PM
From Dom Izzo, sports anchor for WDAY (ABC affiliate out of Fargo):

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/looking-ahead-to-2016/

I saw that as well. I was curious if Matt Larson could use the kickoff game as leverage to get the last game filled in. Potentially going around the country offering a one time guarantee game for a national contender to come up to Fargo and potentially be on TV. If you found another school that was interested I would assume you could call ESPN and say we have ABC opponent would that work for the Kick off game.

Lehigh Football Nation
January 4th, 2016, 03:01 PM
Jacksonville State at Lehigh, rematch of 1977 D-II NCG... xnodx

Cocky
January 4th, 2016, 05:06 PM
Jacksonville State at Lehigh, rematch of 1977 D-II NCG... xnodx
I would like to see the game. ESPN probably doesnt want to broadcast the game.

centennial
January 4th, 2016, 05:34 PM
I would like to see the game. ESPN probably doesnt want to broadcast the game.
JSU vs JMU or Delaware
Or
I'd be down for Ivy vs Patriot league

Lehigh Football Nation
January 5th, 2016, 02:28 PM
I'd be down for Ivy vs Patriot league

So would I, absolutely. Just convince the Ivy League that the "exposure" of moving up Penn's opener three weeks is worth it.

Hmmm.... August 27th at Franklin Field. Penn hosts Lehigh? Hmmm....

Terry2889
January 6th, 2016, 07:35 PM
NDSU
UNI
Montana
JMU
Delaware
EWU
UNH

Home and Home would be awesome! Years ago we had a home and home against SFA. Both were great games that represented both programs well and exposed the schools to a new part of the nation. We need more of this in the regular season.

JSUSoutherner
January 10th, 2016, 09:52 PM
JSU vs. NDSU 9/3 LEGGO can we please have this?

BisonFan02
January 10th, 2016, 09:55 PM
JSU vs. NDSU 9/3 LEGGO can we please have this?

Rumors have been floated........JSU might be making a trip to Fargo. Keep an eye on an announcement from NDSU this week.

JSUSoutherner
January 10th, 2016, 09:56 PM
Rumors have been floated........JSU might be making a trip to Fargo. Keep an eye on an announcement from NDSU this week.I wonder if we might be able to swing them to Burgess? From the post I saw on BV the other options for 9/3 weren't pretty. We could tell them Burgess or bust. ;)

Either way, I would love to go to Fargo.

BisonFan02
January 10th, 2016, 10:06 PM
I wonder if we might be able to swing them to Burgess? From the post I saw on BV the other options for 9/3 weren't pretty. We could tell them Burgess or bust. ;)

Either way, I would love to go to Fargo.

No dice man. NDSU already has a road game next season at Iowa for their 3 OOC games. Season ticket holders and the fanbase require 6 home games in the reg season (4 conference, and two OOC). We've been scheduling home/home games with teams like Montana and EWU, but the away portion of those agreements is staggered to 1 trip per year.

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 10th, 2016, 10:07 PM
Rumors have been floated........JSU might be making a trip to Fargo. Keep an eye on an announcement from NDSU this week.

Where has this been talked about?

BisonFan02
January 10th, 2016, 10:14 PM
Where has this been talked about?

Comments from Jeremy Jorgenson someplace (will need to dig to find online) about finalizing the schedule next week for 2016 (been in discussion with a school for that last OOC game). Noted "Bison fans would be excited about matchup"...looking at the potential available teams, JSU is one that pops up and I've heard from a few peeps that I would semi-trust that it is a possibility....just gotta keep our eyes open for something this week.

JSUSoutherner
January 10th, 2016, 10:44 PM
No dice man. NDSU already has a road game next season at Iowa for their 3 OOC games. Season ticket holders and the fanbase require 6 home games in the reg season (4 conference, and two OOC). We've been scheduling home/home games with teams like Montana and EWU, but the away portion of those agreements is staggered to 1 trip per year.
Oh well, what about the possibility of a JSU home and home? Or would it likely be a one and done?

BisonFan02
January 10th, 2016, 10:49 PM
Oh well, what about the possibility of a JSU home and home? Or would it likely be a one and done?

That I don't know....Obviously NDSU would prefer a one and done depending on the amount of the guarantee, but your guess is as good as mine.

JSUBison
January 11th, 2016, 02:02 AM
Comments from Jeremy Jorgenson someplace (will need to dig to find online) about finalizing the schedule next week for 2016 (been in discussion with a school for that last OOC game). Noted "Bison fans would be excited about matchup"...looking at the potential available teams, JSU is one that pops up and I've heard from a few peeps that I would semi-trust that it is a possibility....just gotta keep our eyes open for something this week.

Lame if true. If Jorgenson really said that and meant it, it can't be Jacksonville State unless by "exited" he meant "bored". Who wants to see that game again? And so soon? Can't see anyone let alone Bison fans exited for Jacksonville State. That'd be about as thrilling as if the first home game in 2014 was with Towson. Snooze city. I think there can be only one FCS team to play in Fargo that would truly excite the fanbase: Montana State.

I can also listen to arguments for Coastal Carolina, Wofford or James Madison as those teams were competitive and NDSU fans remember that.

Twentysix
January 11th, 2016, 02:54 AM
Lame if true. If Jorgenson really said that and meant it, it can't be Jacksonville State unless by "exited" he meant "bored". Who wants to see that game again? And so soon? Can't see anyone let alone Bison fans exited for Jacksonville State. That'd be about as thrilling as if the first home game in 2014 was with Towson. Snooze city. I think there can be only one FCS team to play in Fargo that would truly excite the fanbase: Montana State.

I can also listen to arguments for Coastal Carolina, Wofford or James Madison as those teams were competitive and NDSU fans remember that.

Uhh wtf?

JSU would be a great opening game. As would at least 1/2 of the teams from the SLC, CAA, BSC, or Socon. Hell, even EIU or EKU from the OVC would be a fine OOC.

Scheduling OOC games hasn't exactly been a cakewalk for NDSU. If you limit the OOC DI games you want to see to just Montana State prepare yourself for DII teams...

Twentysix
January 11th, 2016, 02:58 AM

I would expect if this game would happen it will be one of two things. One and done or home and home in non-consecutive years. I.e. JSU comes to NDSU in 2016, NDSU goes to JSU in say 2018 (just a place holder, it would be whenever in the next 3-4 years NDSU can return the OOC while maintaining 6 home games).

Of course the most likely option is that this game doesn't happen at all.

thebootfitter
January 11th, 2016, 06:44 AM
I know this is highly unlikely even if they have an open date, but how about Appalachian State at the dome? I'd get excited about that one!

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 11th, 2016, 06:49 AM
I guess JSU could happen if JSU doesn't require a return game right away. NDSU does not have a FBS game scheduled for 17-18-19; but with the AD Larsen trying for find a FBS game for those years, I doubt JSU would be coming unless is would be for one game in Fargo. 17 would be out for a return because NDSU goes to EWU to return a home/home contract.

It will be nice having a cupcake game before the Bison head to Iowa!!!

JSUSoutherner
January 11th, 2016, 07:57 AM
I would expect if this game would happen it will be one of two things. One and done or home and home in non-consecutive years. I.e. JSU comes to NDSU in 2016, NDSU goes to JSU in say 2018 (just a place holder, it would be whenever in the next 3-4 years NDSU can return the OOC while maintaining 6 home games).

Of course the most likely option is that this game doesn't happen at all.

2018 would be a good return year for us. That would be an OOC gauntlet year for us. Chatty, NDSU, and the yearly P5. Would spice things up before the bore of OVC play.

As for those that think a rematch would be a bad game because we lost please see SHSU 2014 and 2015. Not saying we would win but I wouldn't think we would get stomped again. Maybe if Eli doesn't have butterfingers for his snaps and handoffs we will stand a chance.

Bison56
January 11th, 2016, 08:24 AM
2018 would be a good return year for us. That would be an OOC gauntlet year for us. Chatty, NDSU, and the yearly P5. Would spice things up before the bore of OVC play.

As for those that think a rematch would be a bad game because we lost please see SHSU 2014 and 2015. Not saying we would win but I wouldn't think we would get stomped again. Maybe if Eli doesn't have butterfingers for his snaps and handoffs we will stand a chance.

Or run out of bounds.

JSUSoutherner
January 11th, 2016, 08:41 AM
Or run out of bounds.
That pissed me off. Like seriously? It was a championship, don't be such a pansy. That and the 4th and short. It was like Gus Malzhan was coaching that game.

GetEmGriz
January 11th, 2016, 09:00 AM
I know this is highly unlikely even if they have an open date, but how about Appalachian State at the dome? I'd get excited about that one!

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Won't happen and never will happen. FBS conferences have a clause that doesn't allow FBS teams to play in FCS venues. The only way an FCS team ever gets an FBS game at home is if that FCS team moves to FBS.

thebootfitter
January 11th, 2016, 09:06 AM
Won't happen and never will happen. FBS conferences have a clause that doesn't allow FBS teams to play in FCS venues. The only way an FCS team ever gets an FBS game at home is if that FCS team moves to FBS.
That must have changed at some point, or there must be room for exceptions. I recall a discussion a couple years back of instances where this has happened. It was extremely rare, but there were a few examples, I thought.

JSUSoutherner
January 11th, 2016, 09:08 AM
That must have changed at some point, or there must be room for exceptions. I recall a discussion a couple years back of instances where this has happened. It was extremely rare, but there were a few examples, I thought.

Maybe in cases where said FCS schools play in Nissan Stadium. I can't see a single FBS school coming to the dome. Ever. It's far too small for that.

BisonTru
January 11th, 2016, 09:08 AM

Ball St, IIRC, a Mac school for sure did a home and home with ISUr but they bought out of the return trip.

gumby013
January 11th, 2016, 09:13 AM
Only shot we would have at scheduling a FBS home and home would be with Army. And I have inside info that is not happening.

ST_Lawson
January 11th, 2016, 10:30 AM

Like Coastal Carolina, for example. We have/had a game scheduled against them for 2017 in Macomb (part 2 of H&H with part 1 early this last season in SC). I'd have to expect they'll likely buy that game out, since they'll be "transitional" FBS by then (right?)....full FBS schedule, more scholarships, but not eligible for bowls/postseason yet...but, that hasn't been officially announced by anyone yet.

If they do decide to go ahead and play it, then there will be an FBS at Hanson Field in 2017.

Bisonator
January 11th, 2016, 11:52 AM
He mentioned something on the Bison Football show yesterday that kind of hinted at it.

BisonFan02
January 11th, 2016, 12:21 PM
He mentioned something on the Bison Football show yesterday that kind of hinted at it.

Ok...that would be one place. I had thought I heard him on KFGO too. Will have to dig up the coaches show to see if it was more descriptive.

CockyGeek
January 11th, 2016, 12:34 PM
I would love to play NDSU, Liberty, and LSU next year. That's a schedule you can hang your hat on.

JSUSoutherner
January 11th, 2016, 12:39 PM
I would love to play NDSU, Liberty, and LSU next year. That's a schedule you can hang your hat on.
I don't want to play Liberty.

I want NDSU, LSU, Coastal, and El Cid (but Citadel is taking a Bye instead)

CockyGeek
January 11th, 2016, 12:48 PM
Coastal is FBS now. Not gonna happen

JSUSoutherner
January 11th, 2016, 12:51 PM
Coastal is FBS now. Not gonna happen
FCS independent next year. Either way, how is playing another "FBS" a bad thing?

F'N Hawks
January 12th, 2016, 11:54 AM

Just a tweet about playing Liberty for Jax State's OOC game next year.

JSUSoutherner
January 12th, 2016, 12:31 PM
Just a tweet about playing Liberty for Jax State's OOC game next year.
Yeah for 9/24.

9/17 and 9/3 are still TBA open OOC.

dgtw
January 12th, 2016, 03:53 PM
I'm sure we could get a game with Coastal if we wanted, but they would not come to Jacksonville. I do not want a one and done deal.

JSUSoutherner
January 12th, 2016, 04:09 PM
I'm sure we could get a game with Coastal if we wanted, but they would not come to Jacksonville. I do not want a one and done deal.

I'm scared to see who we are going to get then.

Our OOC schedule could very easily end up being
9/3- MVSU
9/10- LSU
9/17- Some SWAC or D2 team
9/24- Liberty

No for days.

TennBison
January 12th, 2016, 04:32 PM

If you did get NDSU, more than likely your not getting a Home-Home deal. Welcome to Fargo.

IBleedYellow
January 12th, 2016, 04:32 PM
If you did get NDSU, more than likely your not getting a Home-Home deal. Welcome to Fargo.
...what?

Yes we'd do a home and home.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Cocky
January 12th, 2016, 04:34 PM
...what?

Yes we'd do a home and home.

I wished this would come true.

dgtw
January 12th, 2016, 06:03 PM
I'm scared to see who we are going to get then.

Our OOC schedule could very easily end up being
9/3- MVSU
9/10- LSU
9/17- Some SWAC or D2 team
9/24- Liberty

No for days.

I don't want all our OOC games on the road, either.

Twentysix
January 12th, 2016, 06:06 PM

Why did we just do a home and home with Weber St then?

Some bison fans are ridiculous. Home and home for a NC contender team is absolutely on the table until the AD explicitly says it isn't.

clenz
January 12th, 2016, 06:18 PM
Why did we just do a home and home with Weber St then?

Some bison fans are ridiculous. Home and home for a NC contender team is absolutely on the table until the AD explicitly says it isn't.

Or Montana, or Montana State, or EWU.

Twentysix
January 12th, 2016, 06:24 PM
Or Montana, or Montana State, or EWU.

We never got the home and home with Montana State xcoolx

BisonFan02
January 12th, 2016, 08:07 PM
We never got the home and home with Montana State xcoolx

Haha...nope. Might be some bad feelings there too for the NDSU AD department.

Bisonator
January 12th, 2016, 08:17 PM
Haha...nope. Might be some bad feelings there too for the NDSU AD department.
Probably not anymore but I would guarantee it would have to start in Fargo.:D

TennBison
January 12th, 2016, 08:19 PM

Sorry my bad, lack of sleep. I mean a Home-Away. No way in my mind NDSU is going to go to JSU at this point and time. JSU just does not bring anything to the table for NDSU.

Bisonator
January 12th, 2016, 08:37 PM
Sorry my bad, lack of sleep. I mean a Home-Away. No way in my mind NDSU is going to go to JSU at this point and time. JSU just does not bring anything to the table for NDSU.
They'd bring a home game for this season. One we are trying to fill 8 months before the season starts.

JSUSoutherner
January 12th, 2016, 08:45 PM
They'd bring a home game for this season. One we are trying to fill 8 months before the season starts.
That and if we did go to Fargo we would have all of 5 home games this year. If NDSU wouldn't do a home and home with us we would probably tell them to get stuffed and play MVSU.

BisonTru
January 12th, 2016, 08:51 PM
That and if we did go to Fargo we would have all of 5 home games this year. If NDSU wouldn't do a home and home with us we would probably tell them to get stuffed and play MVSU.

Hypothetical:

What if we said come to Fargo for the kickoff game (ESPN coverage) for a $300K guarantee?

JSUSoutherner
January 12th, 2016, 08:55 PM
Hypothetical:

What if we said come to Fargo for the kickoff game (ESPN coverage) for a $300K guarantee?

We would still want a home game. But we would probably be a bit more collaborative.

That being said, I'm not the one that deals with making the schedule, I just play my slide whistle in the band.

BisonTru
January 12th, 2016, 08:59 PM
We would still want a home game. But we would probably be a bit more collaborative.

That being said, I'm not the one that deals with making the schedule, I just play my slide whistle in the band.

Damn it, I thought this forum was AD's only. xcoolx Either way, that would be a take it or leave it offer. A 300K guarantee is 100K more than I've seen any FCS-FCS school offer/take.

TheKingpin28
January 12th, 2016, 09:06 PM
so what happens if this does work. The question I want to know is, how much of the Southerners are allowed to come. With only 500 tickets available for the gamecocks, just guessing based off of how many usually come to away games. how would that work for the band? This is a serious question and I would like input. Would JSU still be committed to making sure they were allowed to come as well?

JSUSoutherner
January 12th, 2016, 09:17 PM
so what happens if this does work. The question I want to know is, how much of the Southerners are allowed to come. With only 500 tickets available for the gamecocks, just guessing based off of how many usually come to away games. how would that work for the band? This is a serious question and I would like input. Would JSU still be committed to making sure they were allowed to come as well?
We won't come.

Cocky
January 13th, 2016, 08:58 AM
We won't come.
I wouldn't bet on that. If NDSU provided the room the chances would be at minimum 50/50.

JSUSoutherner
January 13th, 2016, 09:06 AM
I wouldn't bet on that. If NDSU provided the room the chances would be at minimum 50/50.
We barely got a spot to MSU last year. We weren't confirmed to go until late July and only because of the fact it was in front of 90,000 people. Moving the Southerners across the country isn't exactly the easiest/ cheapest thing to do. I also HIGHLY doubt NDSU is willing to give us 700-800 tickets. That on top on the fact we don't really get exposure the trade off really isn't high enough. Unless NDSU was willing to give us 800 comp tickets the cost of per diem and tickets alone for the Southerners would push $100,000. If we go, it will be a scholarship pep band like when we went to Eastern Washington.

Plus, LSU is the week after and we are going to Hawaii this year.

I would love to go to Fargo, I've always wanted to hear how loud we would be in a tiny metal box (compared to the Georgia Dome, you can put away your torches and pitchforks NDSU fans).

gumby013
January 13th, 2016, 09:24 AM
The number of seats would be a big negotiating point. The regular visitor's section is only ~500 seats, so more would need to be culled from other areas if the entire band were to make the trip.

Daytripper
January 13th, 2016, 09:36 AM
Can we work out a Sam Houston v. Delaware?

NoDak 4 Ever
January 13th, 2016, 09:39 AM

What would be the difference?

Professor Chaos
January 13th, 2016, 10:51 AM
We barely got a spot to MSU last year. We weren't confirmed to go until late July and only because of the fact it was in front of 90,000 people. Moving the Southerners across the country isn't exactly the easiest/ cheapest thing to do. I also HIGHLY doubt NDSU is willing to give us 700-800 tickets. That on top on the fact we don't really get exposure the trade off really isn't high enough. Unless NDSU was willing to give us 800 comp tickets the cost of per diem and tickets alone for the Southerners would push $100,000. If we go, it will be a scholarship pep band like when we went to Eastern Washington.

Plus, LSU is the week after and we are going to Hawaii this year.

I would love to go to Fargo, I've always wanted to hear how loud we would be in a tiny metal box (compared to the Georgia Dome, you can put away your torches and pitchforks NDSU fans).

The number of seats would be a big negotiating point. The regular visitor's section is only ~500 seats, so more would need to be culled from other areas if the entire band were to make the trip.
And I'm pretty sure the only seats in the Fargodome that aren't already sold as season tickets or student tickets are the top 10-15 rows in the end zones.

WTFCollegefootballfan
January 21st, 2016, 10:56 PM
http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20160121151312943020004

bluehenbillk
January 22nd, 2016, 07:23 AM
Can we work out a Sam Houston v. Delaware?

In a couple years that would be entertaining but it would be a beatdown right now. UD has the worst passing game in the country.

BisonBacker
January 22nd, 2016, 08:45 AM

Other than it being a college football game that game will be a stinker. Hawaii is a terrible football team.

BisonBacker
January 22nd, 2016, 08:53 AM
The P5 and G5 are going to split if the money isn't going to be there in a few years. There's no way any G5 team is going to make the playoffs unless they go undefeated and have convincing wins over P5 teams. FCS will be the new Division II before it's over.

The Grass is greener in Jacksonville

This is exactly right.

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 22nd, 2016, 08:57 AM
This is exactly right.

Just as long as NDSU is in whatever the 2nd tier of football there is.....

Bisonator
January 22nd, 2016, 10:11 AM
Apparently the only conferences that want a shot at these games are the MVFC and BSC. The CAA, SOCON and SLC need to step up their OOC scheduling game.

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
January 22nd, 2016, 12:24 PM
Apparently the only conferences that want a shot at these games are the MVFC and BSC. The CAA, SOCON and SLC need to step up their OOC scheduling game.

Agreed. And yet people wonder why the MVFC gets that extra playoff team every year. I real OOC contributes to this.

JSUSoutherner
January 22nd, 2016, 12:40 PM
Maybe if Chatty would take off their panties and come down to Burgess we could get one... xcoffeex

centennial
January 22nd, 2016, 12:57 PM
Maybe if Chatty would take off their panties and come down to Burgess we could get one... xcoffeex
That would work. Nice opportunity to get revenge as well.

JSUSoutherner
January 22nd, 2016, 01:05 PM
That would work. Nice opportunity to get revenge as well.
Why do we need revenge? xthumbsupx

NDSU Fan
February 22nd, 2016, 12:56 PM
Any new news on said game? I haven't read or gotten a reply from ESPN. Thanks

Lehigh Football Nation
February 22nd, 2016, 01:52 PM
This might be of concern to NDSU fans on here:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cb12XbYWEAIdkHy.jpg:large

Lehigh Football Nation
February 22nd, 2016, 02:01 PM
Clearly EWU is simply clearing the way for Lehigh/Villanova at the Linc to be the kickoff classic

clenz
February 22nd, 2016, 02:06 PM
I doubt it's EWU/UNI.

EWU released their schedule today and show UNI on Sept 17th. UNI had released theirs long enough ago the change could have happened. At this point it won't be that game

Bisonator
February 22nd, 2016, 02:08 PM
Why?

mvemjsunpx
February 22nd, 2016, 02:12 PM
Clearly EWU is simply clearing the way for Lehigh/Villanova at the Linc to be the kickoff classic

No, no, no. I have it on good authority it's going to be Northern Colorado/Abilene Christian.

Professor Chaos
February 22nd, 2016, 05:30 PM
Clearly they put that little asterisked statement under the last game for a reason.

BisonTru
February 22nd, 2016, 05:59 PM

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22247&stc=1

FYP!xnodx

WTFCollegefootballfan
February 22nd, 2016, 06:12 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cb12XbYWEAIdkHy.jpg:large

Do you see the asterisk? DATES SUBJECT TO CHANGE!!! So why would it be a concern?

WTFCollegefootballfan
February 22nd, 2016, 06:42 PM
"The North Dakota State game in Fargo is considered the favorite to be turned into the third annual FCS Kickoff - the opening game of the season in NCAA football - on Aug. 27. Eastern won the 2010 FCS title prior to the NDSU streak."

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20160222145700945929204&ref=hea&tm=&src=FCS

This is from today.

JSUSoutherner
February 22nd, 2016, 06:46 PM
Moral of the story: NDSU vs. EWU is going to be the kickoff game. Neat. It will be good for EWU to have that bye to regroup and rest after two tough games before having a tough home debut with UNI.

Bison Fan in NW MN
February 22nd, 2016, 07:03 PM
Moral of the story: NDSU vs. EWU is going to be the kickoff game. Neat. It will be good for EWU to have that bye to regroup and rest after two tough games before having a tough home debut with UNI.

Both UNI and NDSU are going to curb stomp EWU this year. That porous defense will not stop anything from UNI or NDSU.

Bailey and Smith will probably both have over 200 yards rushing like they did against Portland State.

gumby013
February 22nd, 2016, 07:13 PM
Both UNI and NDSU are going to curb stomp EWU this year. That porous defense will not stop anything from UNI or NDSU.

Bailey and Smith will probably both have over 200 yards rushing like they did against Portland State.

EWU's o-line will also be crazy young. All freshmen and sophomores.

IBleedYellow
February 22nd, 2016, 07:43 PM
Looking forward to getting the Eagles in Fargo.

Don't care the date!

clenz
February 22nd, 2016, 07:49 PM
EWU's o-line will also be crazy young. All freshmen and sophomores.

Young o line facing a UNI pass rush that has something like 90 sacks, 400 hurries/hits and a billion TFL the last two seasons?

Yes please

IBleedYellow
February 22nd, 2016, 07:59 PM
Young o line facing a UNI pass rush that has something like 90 sacks, 400 hurries/hits and a billion TFL the last two seasons?

Yes please

Both UNI and NDSU fans just got a huge smile.

Our defenses might as well be the same thing.

On paper EWU looks like they are in for a world of hurt.

Bison Fan in NW MN
February 22nd, 2016, 08:13 PM
Both UNI and NDSU fans just got a huge smile.

Our defenses might as well be the same thing.

On paper EWU looks like they are in for a world of hurt.

Speaking of a "world of hurt".......xlolx

EWU's defense in 2015:

Total defense rank in FCS: 117/123 giving 476.4 yards/game

Scoring defense rank in FCS: 116/123 giving up 39.5 points/game

Rushing defense rank in FCS: 120/123 giving up 258 yards/game

I cannot wait for this game.....xnodx

IBleedYellow
February 22nd, 2016, 08:59 PM
Speaking of a "world of hurt".......xlolx

EWU's defense in 2015:

Total defense rank in FCS: 117/123 giving 476.4 yards/game

Scoring defense rank in FCS: 116/123 giving up 39.5 points/game

Rushing defense rank in FCS: 120/123 giving up 258 yards/game

I cannot wait for this game.....xnodx

So far the stats are making us all grin. Long ways until either team has to execute, though.

Bison Fan in NW MN
February 23rd, 2016, 06:48 AM
So far the stats are making us all grin. Long ways until either team has to execute, though.

Very true but with how bad their defenses have been the last few years, I do not see any way they suddenly go 180 degrees and become a top 10 or 20 FCS defense. Add to it the FD noise.....

Bison in a romp!

RootinFerDukes
February 23rd, 2016, 07:25 AM
Not that a sellout would be in jeopardy either way in Fargo, but if ewu at NDSU is the favorite to have the kickoff game and they're not still mulling any other options, what exactly are they waiting on?
Go ahead and publicly announce it already.

clenz
February 23rd, 2016, 08:16 AM
If the ESPN finding NDSU another opponent rumors are true my guess is they won't announce it until they have an opponent to fill that date - or the other open date

IBleedYellow
February 23rd, 2016, 08:36 AM
If the ESPN finding NDSU another opponent rumors are true my guess is they won't announce it until they have an opponent to fill that date - or the other open date

I know I'm the one that reported that here, but I still can't believe ESPN would be working with them to do this. Just seems...odd.

Not that a sellout would be in jeopardy either way in Fargo, but if ewu at NDSU is the favorite to have the kickoff game and they're not still mulling any other options, what exactly are they waiting on?
Go ahead and publicly announce it already.

My HOPE is that ESPN is getting their ducks in a row. Possibly having to negotiate contracts with the Gameday crew to have them do an extra show in Fargo, even if it's only for 2 hours or something like that. Then we get the best of both worlds: Gameday in Fargo, and the FBS crowd not crying when a FCS school gets Gameday during the season.

Lehigh Football Nation
February 23rd, 2016, 08:58 AM
Why would EWU announce their schedule NOW, with the NDSU game on September 10th, rather than wait until the ESPN Kickoff is announced?

I feel like chalking up the kickoff game as EWU/NDSU is way premature. Something to me seems up in regards to the game in general. What, I can't say.

clenz
February 23rd, 2016, 09:06 AM
Why would EWU announce their schedule NOW, with the NDSU game on September 10th, rather than wait until the ESPN Kickoff is announced?

I feel like chalking up the kickoff game as EWU/NDSU is way premature. Something to me seems up in regards to the game in general. What, I can't say.
I have a feeling it's NDSU/EWU or UNI/Montana but both have issues that would delay making it that game.

NDSU is short on games right now. Getting that squared away comes first.
UNI doesn't have an athletic director right now - though that should be figured out by the end of the week.

Bisonator
February 23rd, 2016, 09:10 AM

Seriously doubt ESPN is doing anything to help NDSU fill their schedule except possibly telling them that one of their currently scheduled games will be the FCS kickoff game and thus freeing up another date.

For marketing purposes would be my guess. Isn't that why everyone releases a schedule?

Lehigh Football Nation
February 23rd, 2016, 09:17 AM
The delay of any announcement of ESPN's FCS Kickoff game makes me realize that there has to be a pool of games under consideration, not just one or two.

Certainly we can understand these two:

Montana at UNI
EWU at NDSU

but there must be others.

What are some of those others that could be possibilities?

Liberty/Jacksonville State?
Illinois State/Eastern Illinois?
Western Illinois/Northern Arizona?
Lehigh/Villanova?
Hampton/William and Mary?

Are there any others?

Personally I think Liberty/Jacksonville State would be a tremendous FCS Kickoff game.

clenz
February 23rd, 2016, 09:19 AM
UNI hosts Montana this year.

As for the rest of those games? They would make terrible kick offs, other than Liberty/JSU. The only reason that wouldn't be a terrible choice is attendance. It certainly won't be a high quality game.

-Regional game that even 99.999% of the region doesn't care about. Attendance will be meh, won't be a good game to watch. No atmosphere.

- A team that couldn't outbid a PFL vs a non-playoff qualifying Big Sky team. Attendance will be meh, won't be a good game to watch. No atmosphere.

Lehigh/Villanova?
- I know you're a Lehigh fan and that's 99% of the reason you picked this game. Attendance will be meh, won't be a good game to watch. No atmosphere.

-This game is a complete non-starter

You think, given an option that NDSU/EWU or UNI/Montana would say yes or the other games they'd pick those?

A packed FargoDome (19k) with the best player in the FCS taking on the 5 time defending champions
A packed UNIDome (will fit 17K in for that game) with two of the top 5 best FCS programs of all time playing in the UNIDome for the first time in 30 years

Not even a contest between those two and the others.

PurpleStreamers
February 23rd, 2016, 09:24 AM
The delay of any announcement of ESPN's FCS Kickoff game makes me realize that there has to be a pool of games under consideration, not just one or two.

Certainly we can understand these two:

UNI at Montana
EWU at NDSU

but there must be others.

What are some of those others that could be possibilities?

Liberty/Jacksonville State?
Lehigh/Villanova?

Are there any others?

Personally I think Liberty/Jacksonville State would be a tremendous FCS Kickoff game.

Painful to admit, but I agree LU/JSU would be a great matchup if it's not one of the first two. WIU/NAU would be fun just bc I think the Skydome is one of the coolest stadiums, but with so many NDSU and Montana games in the prime slots lately it would be cool for some southern teams to get a look and for both the Southland and Big South. Of course, next year will be a great opportunity too for that with UR/SHSU.

JSUSoutherner
February 23rd, 2016, 09:27 AM
Maybe if Liberty was coming to Burgess. I seriously doubt that we are the game. Maybe next year when we kickoff with Chatty at home.

The only kickoff worthy opponent we have is Coastal and I doubt their FBS intentions bode well for that game.

UNHWildcat18
February 23rd, 2016, 09:32 AM
UNI hosts Montana this year.

As for the rest of those games? They would make terrible kick offs, other than Liberty/JSU. The only reason that wouldn't be a terrible choice is attendance. It certainly won't be a high quality game.

-Regional game that even 99.999% of the region doesn't care about. Attendance will be meh, won't be a good game to watch. No atmosphere.

- A team that couldn't outbid a PFL vs a non-playoff qualifying Big Sky team. Attendance will be meh, won't be a good game to watch. No atmosphere.

Lehigh/Villanova?
- I know you're a Lehigh fan and that's 99% of the reason you picked this game. Attendance will be meh, won't be a good game to watch. No atmosphere.

-This game is a complete non-starter

You think, given an option that NDSU/EWU or UNI/Montana would say yes or the other games they'd pick those?

A packed FargoDome (19k) with the best player in the FCS taking on the 5 time defending champions
A packed UNIDome (will fit 17K in for that game) with two of the top 5 best FCS programs of all time playing in the UNIDome for the first time in 30 years

Not even a contest between those two and the others.

Agree 100% I do think that they will choose UNI though, NDSU has won 5 straight NC's, had two gamedays, been on ESPN a lot due to their incredible success. This leads me to believe they will change it up. UNI would be a great atmosphere and quality game.

Lehigh Football Nation
February 23rd, 2016, 09:33 AM
Certainly there are not a lot of marquee, near-guaranteed sellout type of games to choose from. I understand that Lehigh/Villanova and Hampton/W&M are reaches.

However I don't think EIU/Illinois State is as much of a reach as you're saying. Is it a regional matchup? Yes, however EIU and ISUr have been pretty good over the last decade and EIU has the history of Romo, Garoppolo, Sean Payton, etc.

I admit I'm having a hard time coming up with others. Jax State/Liberty is head and shoulders the best game not involving a MVFC team.

clenz
February 23rd, 2016, 09:47 AM
Certainly there are not a lot of marquee, near-guaranteed sellout type of games to choose from. I understand that Lehigh/Villanova and Hampton/W&M are reaches.

However I don't think EIU/Illinois State is as much of a reach as you're saying. Is it a regional matchup? Yes, however EIU and ISUr have been pretty good over the last decade and EIU has the history of Romo, Garoppolo, Sean Payton, etc.

I admit I'm having a hard time coming up with others. Jax State/Liberty is head and shoulders the best game not involving a MVFC team.
I can understand the EIU/ISUr game. It's a great rivalry, it's on regional TV every year.

The game is in Normal this year, which would make it more attractive for TV than a game in Charleston. Would have a bigger crowd, bigger stadium, better atmosphere, etc... EIU's O'Brien Stadium is atrocious to watch a game on TV at. This is you're TV angle
https://s3.graphiq.com/sites/default/files/542/media/images/t2/OBrien_Stadium_Illinois_478773_i0.jpg

The stands on the other side hold about 75 people
http://s3-media4.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/5v4vqOMV1k02d_XP-_qcBA/o.jpg

Whereas this is Hancock Stadium
http://sitesolutions4u.us/holidayinnexpressleroy/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Illinois-State_Hancock-Stadium-500x220.jpg

Not that anyone else outside of the FCS would care, I just don't see it being a high quality of play game either. ISU is replacing Coprich and Roberson and EIU is a typical OVC team (boo...hiss...goes the crowd reacting to my view of the OVC)...

TheRevSFA
February 23rd, 2016, 09:51 AM
Move the battle of the piney woods to August!

clenz
February 23rd, 2016, 09:55 AM
Also, honestly, not a bad choice.

Daytripper
February 23rd, 2016, 09:59 AM

The tailgating would me MISERABLE!!!!

Daytripper
February 23rd, 2016, 10:00 AM
I think we can rule out Sam Houston State v. Oklahoma Panhandle State University.

Lehigh Football Nation
February 23rd, 2016, 10:01 AM

Also, honestly, not a bad choice.

+1

ccd494
February 23rd, 2016, 10:21 AM
Are we sure that they are doing it again?

Uncle Rico's Clan
February 23rd, 2016, 10:38 AM
Are we sure that they are doing it again?

This is my question as well. Has ESPN announced any intention of showing another FCS Kickoff?

PAllen
February 23rd, 2016, 10:44 AM
Does Colgate have an 11th game yet?

Between the options listed, I'd go with the Liberty game. The stadium will be packed and look good on camera. Also, NDSU and Montana were both in it last year, so not sure about the repeat teams. Plus FCS level domes look terrible on TV.

ST_Lawson
February 23rd, 2016, 11:18 AM

Not "couldn't"...."didn't". As in, we did not submit a bid, and I'm glad we didn't. As much as I would have liked to have seen a playoff game at home, considering the date of it and who we were playing, we would have had upwards of 100 people there. Why put in a bid if the minimum bid is going to lose us a pretty large amount of money...money that we don't have right now. Let Dayton take that hit, they can afford it better than we could. We still won the game and a lot of our fans were able to go see us lose at Illinois State the next weekend. Same result, but we lose less money.

WIU/NAU would be fun just bc I think the Skydome is one of the coolest stadiums

It does seem like a cool stadium, but next year's game is at Western. I like our stadium, but we have not been doing well with game attendance lately. We probably have a return trip to AZ tentatively scheduled in 2017 or 18 for the other side of a H&H.

Lehigh Football Nation
February 23rd, 2016, 11:23 AM
Hampton/William and Mary is clearly a "stretch" game here, but Zable is a beautiful stadium.

No_Skill
February 23rd, 2016, 12:27 PM
I predict that NDSU announcing the final game on the 2016 schedule and ESPN announcing the kickoff game will happen within one week of each other.

Grizalltheway
February 23rd, 2016, 12:33 PM
I predict that NDSU announcing the final game on the 2016 schedule and ESPN announcing the kickoff game will happen within one week of each other.

Collusion!!!

BisonFan02
February 23rd, 2016, 12:34 PM
I predict that NDSU announcing the final game on the 2016 schedule and ESPN announcing the kickoff game will happen within one day of each other.

FIFY

Professor Chaos
February 23rd, 2016, 12:53 PM
Collusion!!!
How else can you explain 5 straight titles? :D

BisonFan02
February 23rd, 2016, 12:54 PM
How else can you explain 5 straight titles? :D

Illuminati.

IBleedYellow
February 23rd, 2016, 01:05 PM

Between the options listed, I'd go with the Liberty game. The stadium will be packed and look good on camera. Also, NDSU and Montana were both in it last year, so not sure about the repeat teams. Plus FCS level domes look terrible on TV.

Do you want to make a herd of Bison mad at you?

If so, that's how you make a herd of Bison mad at you.

clenz
February 23rd, 2016, 01:13 PM

He's never watch an NDSU game, or a UNI game that mattered, on TV....especially with the upgrades the UNIDome has gotten since about 2012

Thumper 76
February 23rd, 2016, 04:48 PM

*grabs popcorn and large soda*

UNHWildcat18
February 23rd, 2016, 05:18 PM
I really wish UNH was playing Holy Cross before September 10th. They could show the opening of the stadium, our tailgates are great, stadium will be absolutely packed. Unfortunately we are in rebuilding mode still, and Holy Cross isn't exactly a power house. Unfortunately even if UNH's game was in the timetable I doubt it would be picked.

melloware13
February 23rd, 2016, 06:05 PM
If this was 5-8 years ago, I would have thrown DSU @ UD in the mix, given ESPN's push for the game to happen originally. Right now, I'd think the Hens' best shot would be returning the game to Brookings from 2010

Bison Fan in NW MN
February 23rd, 2016, 06:50 PM

Blasphemy!!!!

Thundar
February 23rd, 2016, 08:06 PM
Someone will play sometime

ursus arctos horribilis
February 23rd, 2016, 08:11 PM
Someone will play sometime

??? why is this one here Thundar?

In fact, what is the deal with a second thread on this one when the original is still active? I am not sure I see this logic. Help me out here.

Thundar
February 23rd, 2016, 08:14 PM
??? why is this one here Thundar?

In fact, what is the deal with a second thread on this one when the original is still active? I am not sure I see this logic. Help me out here.

Why is what here? If your talking about the link I removed it was accidently pasted in....other that I stand by

Someone will play sometime, and I'm not sure why there is a second thread either

ursus arctos horribilis
February 23rd, 2016, 08:17 PM
Why is what here? If your talking about the link I removed it was accidently pasted in....other that I stand by

Someone will play sometime, and I'm not sure why there is a second thread either

Yes, I was asking about the JUCO link. Figured you missed and had a link that had some news on the subject so wanted to point out it was unrelated/a misfire.

Green1
February 24th, 2016, 09:02 AM

PAllen, you are officially on "The List" . xtroublexxrulesxxpissedx

bertram
March 4th, 2016, 09:43 AM
With the last hold out of FBS conferences... the Sun Belt finally releasing their 2106 schedule; the announcement of the FCS Kickoff teams must surely be coming soon.

Lehigh Football Nation
March 4th, 2016, 09:48 AM
With the last hold out of FBS conferences... the Sun Belt finally releasing their 2106 schedule; the announcement of the FCS Kickoff teams must surely be coming soon.

Idaho vs. NMSU

JayJ79
March 4th, 2016, 12:06 PM

I don't think I'll be attending or watching any football games in 2106

RootinFerDukes
March 5th, 2016, 08:47 AM
Idaho vs. NMSU

Lol as long as they make their announcement prior to the Fcs kickoff announcement, I won't even be mad.

Professor Chaos
March 14th, 2016, 10:39 PM
Hmmmmm.....

https://twitter.com/CSUFB/status/709578410561904641

RootinFerDukes
March 15th, 2016, 05:56 AM
Hmmmmm.....

https://twitter.com/CSUFB/status/709578410561904641

Who are they playing that would be worth nationally televising? Don't they use an off campus stadium because they don't have a current stadium?

Professor Chaos
March 15th, 2016, 07:50 AM
Who are they playing that would be worth nationally televising? Don't they use an off campus stadium because they don't have a current stadium?
Here's another hint ;)

https://mobile.twitter.com/MikeMcFeelyWDAY/status/709708683630870528?p=v

clenz
March 15th, 2016, 08:05 AM
Just gross if the kick off game is NDSU/CSU.

Just freaking gross.

It'll be like watching NDSU play *insert 5th/6th place MVFC team here*

BisonFan02
March 15th, 2016, 08:07 AM
Here's another hint ;)

https://mobile.twitter.com/MikeMcFeelyWDAY/status/709708683630870528?p=v

LOL at Kolpack trolling Mcfeely about Coastal Carolina.

Bison Fan in NW MN
March 15th, 2016, 08:09 AM

Just freaking gross.

Better than a D2.

BisonFan02
March 15th, 2016, 08:10 AM

Just freaking gross.

Its NDSU for ESPN and a full Fargodome. I don't think EWU holds up any better...

F'N Hawks
March 15th, 2016, 08:15 AM
Its NDSU for ESPN and a full Fargodome. I don't think EWU holds up any better...

Have you even looked at Chuck's schedule from last year?

Bison Fan in NW MN
March 15th, 2016, 08:18 AM

I cannot wait for the EWU, along with many more Bison fans. Bison will go thru that defense like a hot knife thru butter.

Full house and banner being raised should be good for ESPN.

- - - Updated - - -

....and.....

F'N Hawks
March 15th, 2016, 08:21 AM
...they aren't quite the perennial playoff power that 02 is making them out to be.

BisonFan02
March 15th, 2016, 08:23 AM

They beat The Citadel twice...beat both Coastal Carolina and Liberty....their losses are to FBS Troy and Alabama...plus a quarterfinal loss to JSU. Who did EWU beat? You guys? xlolx

EDIT: check that....EWU didn't get to beat you guys last year....clearly a ding to their SOS.

Bison Fan in NW MN
March 15th, 2016, 08:23 AM
...they aren't quite the perennial playoff power that 02 is making them out to be.

They had a good playoff run but I think they get squashed by the Bison power running game if CSU comes to Fargo.

BisonFan02
March 15th, 2016, 08:25 AM

xlolx who said I was making them out to be some sort of perennial playoff power? Just stating maybe "the now". None of this really ****ing matters....its an OOC DI home game for NDSU.

Bison Fan in NW MN
March 15th, 2016, 08:26 AM
They beat The Citadel twice...beat both Coastal Carolina and Liberty....their losses are to FBS Troy and Alabama...plus a quarterfinal loss to JSU. Who did EWU beat? You guys? xlolx

I bet Coach Polasek is looking at these EWU stats: 240 yards rushing given up/game and 40 points/game.....xlolx

I'm calling it now......Stick runs for 200 and passes for 200.....xthumbsupxxnodx

BisonFan02
March 15th, 2016, 08:28 AM
I bet Coach Polasek is looking at these EWU stats: 240 yards rushing given up/game and 40 points/game.....xlolx

I'm calling it now......Stick runs for 200 and passes for 200.....xthumbsupxxnodx

The good news is.....we will see both teams in Fargo.

F'N Hawks
March 15th, 2016, 08:29 AM

No. :Dxlolx:Dxlolx:D:Dxlolx:Dxlolx

They also beat D2 North Greenville, two transitioning FCS teams (ETSU-Kenn), Monmouth, and Presby. Sign em up for the FCS Kickoff!

clenz
March 15th, 2016, 08:31 AM

They gave up nearly 500 yards against a UNI offense that couldn't move the ball against the D3 up the road from Cedar Falls that early in the year last year.

BisonFan02
March 15th, 2016, 08:37 AM

They also beat D2 North Greenville, two transitioning FCS teams (ETSU-Kenn), Monmouth, and Presby. Sign em up for the FCS Kickoff!

ESPN doesn't care.....its NDSU. xthumbsupx

Bison Fan in NW MN
March 15th, 2016, 08:45 AM
They gave up nearly 500 yards against a UNI offense that couldn't move the ball against the D3 up the road from Cedar Falls that early in the year last year.

Only a few teams in the Big Sky play some defense and EWU is not one of them....xlolx

8 of their teams are in the bottom 15% of FCS defenses.

- - - Updated - - -

ESPN doesn't care.....its NDSU. xthumbsupx

He doesn't get it.....and probably wont.

IBleedYellow
March 15th, 2016, 08:46 AM

Pretty sure ESPN wants the 'Dome. Considering we turned them down once before already.

It's gotta suck seeing your big brother on ESPN while you guys can't even get on Statewide networks.

Bison Fan in NW MN
March 15th, 2016, 08:55 AM
Pretty sure ESPN wants the 'Dome. Considering we turned them down once before already.

It's gotta suck seeing your big brother on ESPN while you guys can't even get on Statewide networks.

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

They have hockey....xlolx

F'N Hawks
March 15th, 2016, 09:00 AM

Stick to the subject. Talking CSU and who the opponent would be. Don't need to go Bisonville on us when you got nothing else. Stay focused. Laser. xlolx:Dxlolx:Dxbawlingxxbawlingxxlolx

No_Skill
March 15th, 2016, 09:05 AM
Chuck South makes more sense than EWU if you factor in potential viewing audience.

F'N Hawks
March 15th, 2016, 09:10 AM
Chuck South makes more sense than EWU if you factor in potential viewing audience.

Please explain......

gumby013
March 15th, 2016, 09:12 AM
Please explain......

EWU watchers have had their retinas burned out.

Bison Fan in NW MN
March 15th, 2016, 09:43 AM
Please explain......

Because the EWU game will be over by halftime. People will tune out when the score is 49-0 in the 3rd quarter.

No_Skill
March 15th, 2016, 10:05 AM
Please explain......

Population around each school. EWU has about 2 mil within a 200 mile radius while CSU has about 10 mil.

JSUSoutherner
March 15th, 2016, 10:08 AM
Population around each school. EWU has about 2 mil within a 200 mile radius while CSU has about 10 mil.
You mean the same CSU that's stuck in the middle of the ACC and SEC? Yeah there's more people around Chuck South but they are NOT watching Chuck South.

F'N Hawks
March 15th, 2016, 10:25 AM
You mean the same CSU that's stuck in the middle of the ACC and SEC? Yeah there's more people around Chuck South but they are NOT watching Chuck South.

Thank you.

NDSUtk
March 15th, 2016, 11:24 AM
But that's also the beauty of this game. It catches football fans...no other game happening, it's on ESPN so it will get advertised a bit. So some of those ACC and SEC fans will turn in simply because it is a relatively "local" school and most importantly, it is football! Every football fan is chomping at the bit to get the season started again. Are you going to get every fan, no, of course not. But I wouldn't be surprised to see this game attract more than last year and more than the FCS National Championship game.

IBleedYellow
March 15th, 2016, 11:28 AM
But that's also the beauty of this game. It catches football fans...no other game happening, it's on ESPN so it will get advertised a bit. So some of those ACC and SEC fans will turn in simply because it is a relatively "local" school and most importantly, it is football! Every football fan is chomping at the bit to get the season started again. Are you going to get every fan, no, of course not. But I wouldn't be surprised to see this game attract more than last year and more than the FCS National Championship game.
The NDSU Montana game only got 998k.

No offense to CSU, but I think this would be around there or less.

Title game was 1.41M this year.

JSUSoutherner
March 15th, 2016, 11:34 AM

I never said people wouldn't watch. But most won't be watching because their Bucc's fans. As you said, it's mostly the allure of being the first and only game on. That doesn't go away whether you play Chuck South or Montana.

Chuck South was the only game in town when they played us too.

If it puts it somewhat in perspective, this is Chuck South's fan base.
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22273&stc=1

kdinva
March 15th, 2016, 11:37 AM
IF there is a return game in the contract (I am 97% sure there isn't), play that game in Johnson-Hagood (21,300 seats)....

I never said people wouldn't watch. But most won't be watching because their Bucc's fans. As you said, it's mostly the allure of being the first and only game on. That doesn't go away whether you play Chuck South or Montana.

GetEmGriz
March 15th, 2016, 11:39 AM

This. The highest-watched game in FCS history was the Montana/App State semifinal game in 2009 (2.55M viewers). And like you said, the NDSU / Montana game had 998k viewers. The reason I bring up the Montana/App State game from 2009 is there were two large fan bases watching the game along with the rest of the country, and the same scenario happened with the NDSU / Montana game in 2015. CSU doesn't have much of a fan base and because of that, there's no way that the CSU / NDSU game draws the viewership numbers of the 2015 kickoff game. I'm predicting the tv rating numbers are lower for this game than they were in 2015.

NDSUtk
March 15th, 2016, 11:40 AM

Well technically you did say they wouldn't watch...LOL

But yes, we are saying the same thing about the game. And by saying the same thing, it does help the game's viewership to have CSU's nearby population versus EWU's smaller population. Well, assuming those stats someone posted earlier were accurate.

Regardless, I'm excited for it. I would have been just as excited had it been EWU we played for the kickoff game, so I'm probably more excited we got another FCS opponent (and a decent one at that) instead of a d2.

JSUSoutherner
March 15th, 2016, 11:44 AM
Well technically you did say they wouldn't watch...LOL

But yes, we are saying the same thing about the game. And by saying the same thing, it does help the game's viewership to have CSU's nearby population versus EWU's smaller population. Well, assuming those stats someone posted earlier were accurate.

Regardless, I'm excited for it. I would have been just as excited had it been EWU we played for the kickoff game, so I'm probably more excited we got another FCS opponent (and a decent one at that) instead of a d2.
My point is they may watch. But it's not because they are Chuck South fans, it's because it's between SportsCenters. That holds for pretty much any other possible FCS matchup.

My point is it being Chuck South doesn't add much weight to most of the surrounding Clemson and USC fans.

gumby013
March 15th, 2016, 11:46 AM

Prime time on the mothership will be way bigger.

clenz
March 15th, 2016, 11:58 AM

Not that I'd advocate UNI/NDSU first game of the season again - like 08 - but...the numbers

Imagine the numbers

Not to pull a Lakes on this one, but

US Bank Stadium
NDSU brings 30K
UNI brings 15-20K

ESPN number probably close to 2M

BisonFan02
March 15th, 2016, 11:59 AM
Prime time on the mothership will be way bigger.

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup.