PDA

View Full Version : JMU 2007 Official Schedule

th0m
December 14th, 2006, 09:57 AM
2007 JMU Football Schedule

Sept. 1 -- at North Carolina
Sept. 8 -- New Hampshire
Sept. 15 -- Virginia Military Institute
Sept. 22 -- Coastal Carolina (Duke Club Weekend)
Sept. 29 -- Villanova (Parent's Weekend)
Oct. 6 -- at Northeastern
Oct. 13 -- at Rhode Island
Oct. 20 -- Open Date
Oct. 27 -- Richmond (Homecoming Weekend)
Nov. 3 -- at Delaware
Nov. 10 -- at William & Mary
Nov. 17 -- Towson

http://www.jmusports.com/Team/Stories/2_4679.asp?TeamID=2&NewsID=4679

Also, it was announced that we will play Maryland in 2009. Our BS schedule for upcoming years looks like this:

2007 - UNC
2008 - Duke
2009 - Maryland
2011 - UNC

Griswold
December 14th, 2006, 10:05 AM
2007 JMU Football Schedule

Sept. 1 -- at North Carolina
Sept. 8 -- New Hampshire
Sept. 15 -- Virginia Military Institute
Sept. 22 -- Coastal Carolina (Duke Club Weekend)
Sept. 29 -- Villanova (Parent's Weekend)
Oct. 6 -- at Northeastern
Oct. 13 -- at Rhode Island
Oct. 20 -- Open Date
Oct. 27 -- Richmond (Homecoming Weekend)
Nov. 3 -- at Delaware
Nov. 10 -- at William & Mary
Nov. 17 -- Towson

http://www.jmusports.com/Team/Stories/2_4679.asp?TeamID=2&NewsID=4679

Also, it was announced that we will play Maryland in 2009. Our BS schedule for upcoming years looks like this:

2007 - UNC
2008 - Duke W
2009 - Maryland
2011 - UNC

Nice OOC schedule! :thumbsup:

mcveyrl
December 14th, 2006, 10:08 AM
I wish that we could shake VMI and play a SoCon or Gateway team

Griswold
December 14th, 2006, 10:11 AM

The other three are very solid though.

Appstate29
December 14th, 2006, 10:12 AM
I wish Chapel Hell would play us!

mcveyrl
December 14th, 2006, 10:14 AM

No doubt. Always gotta look at improving that schedule. Plus, I don't think we're recruiting against VMI for a lot of players. I'd prefer to play somebody that we recruit against a lot (of course, that could work to our disadvantage too!). Maybe Hampton...

89Hen
December 14th, 2006, 10:15 AM
Don't know about that. A10 + UNC + CCU.... that's tough enough IMO.

mcveyrl
December 14th, 2006, 10:15 AM

A win Friday night pretty much guarantees that it won't happen for a LONG time...

89Hen
December 14th, 2006, 10:17 AM
Also, it was announced that we will play Maryland in 2009.
They're making their rounds through the local CAA... W&M, UD, JMU... :thumbsup:

Mountaineer#96
December 14th, 2006, 10:18 AM
Me too..........at The Rock.

I bet they leave on the busses like this :nonono2: :nonono2:

then are waken by a goal post with students at the helm ramming it into thier mode of transpo.

Appstate29
December 14th, 2006, 10:20 AM
Me too..........at The Rock.

I bet they leave on the busses like this :nonono2: :nonono2:

then are waken by a goal post with students at the helm ramming it into thier mode of transpo.

I have always thought of that as very classless of us to do that to GSU, but I relish the thought of doing it to Chapel Hell.

SoCon48
December 14th, 2006, 10:24 AM

Ain't gonna happen. They prefer to get their I-AA's from out of state.

th0m
December 14th, 2006, 10:24 AM
Right. Thanks to all the ASU fans for chiming in ;)

I think that this schedule is really solid, the usual tough CAA (former A-10) slate with CCU a playoff team from last year, then UNC, really not the best BS team but still BS, and then a bit of a breather against VMI.

jmuroller
December 14th, 2006, 11:39 AM
Our schedule is going to be one hell of a schedule. We get to play against Butch Davis in his first game, then against a playoff team in CCU, and then the A10 schedule. We've got one hell of a road to the playoffs. 8-3 would be a great record if you ask me. Anything more than that and then we will know for sure that JMU is in reloading mode, not rebuilding.

lizrdgizrd
December 14th, 2006, 11:46 AM
The might once Butch Davis gets them turned around. They don't want the L from a FCS team right now. ;)

HLecter
December 14th, 2006, 12:20 PM
Our schedule is going to be one hell of a schedule. We get to play against Butch Davis in his first game, then against a playoff team in CCU, and then the A10 schedule. We've got one hell of a road to the playoffs. 8-3 would be a great record if you ask me. Anything more than that and then we will know for sure that JMU is in reloading mode, not rebuilding.

Well at least you're not playing YSU which would put you at 7-4

p.s. You guys will KILL CCU,,,hopefully we meet in the playoffs cause we will be 9-2 or 8-3 also.

And since it is Christmas I hope we come to your place this time.xlolx

vmisport
December 14th, 2006, 12:46 PM
No doubt. Always gotta look at improving that schedule. Plus, I don't think we're recruiting against VMI for a lot of players. I'd prefer to play somebody that we recruit against a lot (of course, that could work to our disadvantage too!). Maybe Hampton...
we rarely go after the same type student athlete as JMU. Moreover, we don't attract the same kind of student athlete as does JMU.

mcveyrl
December 14th, 2006, 12:52 PM
we rarely go after the same type student athlete as JMU. Moreover, we don't attract the same kind of student athlete as does JMU.

I wasn't saying that as any smack on VMI. We just don't recruit the same type of students.

JMU_MRD'03-'07
December 14th, 2006, 04:25 PM
This looks like one of the easier schedules to come out of JMU in recent years, despite the OOC difficulty.
Just having more home games than away hasn't happened since 2003 I believe. And having the bye week much later than has been happening will help us get injured players up and active later in the season.
I'm just really sad that YSU isn't on the docket :smiley_wi

th0m
December 14th, 2006, 04:58 PM
Actually we had 6 home games in 2005.

I don't really think this looks like an 'easy' schedule. We play the same A-10/CAA teams as last year but reversed location (UNH not really a tough place to play in october) which means we have 2 CAA North games on the road, so farther road trips. Then in the OOC we have UNC, CCU, and VMI. This year we had VMI, they offset, then we had ASU which I guess can be compared to UNC but with their new coach I'm sure they'll be quite a bit better, and CCU should be quite a bit tougher than Bloomsburg...

Not saying I don't like our chances of a playoff appearance next year...(I do!)

vmisport
December 14th, 2006, 05:12 PM
I wasn't saying that as any smack on VMI. We just don't recruit the same type of students.
I really don't see that as smack at all. Our W/L success is directly related to the type of student athlete we attract, and we're OK with that, though we will attempt to get as good as we can get given maybe some inherent limitations with the profile of student.

BDKJMU
December 14th, 2006, 08:49 PM

You mean the other two, UNC and Coastal. UNC is IA ACC, but loses 12 of 24 starters from 3-9 team that only beat Furman by 3 and beat 0-12 Duke by 1 point in their last game when Duke missed an extra point with about 3 min left). Coastal has been good their last 3 years of their 5-6 season existence, playoffs this year, but they lose 34 seniors according to their roster. Its nice to have one cupcake opponent each year, and since we're not going to get it in the A-10, its good we have VMI. Would lose to half the DII teams, but count as a IAA.

In 08' JMU's OOC is Duke, ASU, and Liberty. In 08' Liberty should be JMU's weakest OOC, but Duke might give them a run for that.

BDKJMU
December 14th, 2006, 08:57 PM
Actually we had 6 home games in 2005.

I don't really think this looks like an 'easy' schedule. We play the same A-10/CAA teams as last year but reversed location (UNH not really a tough place to play in october) which means we have 2 CAA North games on the road, so farther road trips. Then in the OOC we have UNC, CCU, and VMI. This year we had VMI, they offset, then we had ASU which I guess can be compared to UNC but with their new coach I'm sure they'll be quite a bit better, and CCU should be quite a bit tougher than Bloomsburg...

Not saying I don't like our chances of a playoff appearance next year...(I do!)

With UNC (according to their probable starters listed on their game notes for their last game), loses 12 of 24 starters from their 3-9 team, so might not be any better in Butch Davis's 1st year. CCU loses an unheard of 34 seniors (according to their roster), so they might not be better that Bloomsburg (even if they weren't they still could give JMU a tough game, since Bloomsburg was a really good 12-2 DII powerhouse national semi-finalist)

th0m
December 14th, 2006, 09:23 PM
Okay, makes sense. I still think our AD did a good job though. The only gripe I really have is the 4 game homestand. Would rather have it spread out a bit more. I do like the later open date though.

lizrdgizrd
December 15th, 2006, 08:02 AM
You mean the other two, UNC and Coastal. UNC is IA ACC, but loses 12 of 24 starters from 3-9 team that only beat Furman by 3 and beat 0-12 Duke by 1 point in their last game when Duke missed an extra point with about 3 min left). Coastal has been good their last 3 years of their 5-6 season existence, playoffs this year, but they lose 34 seniors according to their roster. Its nice to have one cupcake opponent each year, and since we're not going to get it in the A-10, its good we have VMI. Would lose to half the DII teams, but count as a IAA.

In 08' JMU's OOC is Duke, ASU, and Liberty. In 08' Liberty should be JMU's weakest OOC, but Duke might give them a run for that.
I'm sorry, but W&M is about as cupcake as you can get, at least this year. I saw them when Richmond came to town and was thoroughly embarrased for them.

th0m
December 15th, 2006, 08:40 AM
W&M's still a good rivalry for us though, kind of like how WCU stinks up the place too, but you guys never underestimate them, now do you?

About the 6 home games in '07, I say enjoy it while it lasts, because unless the 12 game thing is approved, we'll only have 5 home games in both '08 and '09 ('08: vs. ASU, @Duke, @VMI. '09: vs. VMI, @Maryland, @Liberty).

lizrdgizrd
December 15th, 2006, 09:55 AM
W&M's still a good rivalry for us though, kind of like how WCU stinks up the place too, but you guys never underestimate them, now do you?

About the 6 home games in '07, I say enjoy it while it lasts, because unless the 12 game thing is approved, we'll only have 5 home games in both '08 and '09 ('08: vs. ASU, @Duke, @VMI. '09: vs. VMI, @Maryland, @Liberty).
Let's not get into WCU. I think some years it's difficult to underestimate them.