Oct. 13 vs. Chowan :nonono2:

Oct. 20 vs. Presbyterian

Oct. 27 vs. VMI

Nov. 3 at Liberty

Nov. 10 vs. Gardner-Webb

Nov. 17 at Charleston Southern

CoastalFan2005
December 14th, 2006, 09:49 AM
The only game I'm really not happy with is Chowan...I really, really hate the fact that we're playing them.

That must be homecoming weekend. :nod:

CoastalFan2005
December 14th, 2006, 09:52 AM
See also: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/mld/myrtlebeachonline/16236018.htm

Mountaineer#96
December 14th, 2006, 09:53 AM
Gonna be hard to get in the playoffs next year with those two on there. : smh :

Mountaineer#96
December 14th, 2006, 09:53 AM
I think two L's for sure are

at Furman
at JMU

although the games still have to played.

CoastalFan2005
December 14th, 2006, 09:56 AM
Gonna be hard to get in the playoffs next year with those two on there. : smh :

Do you mean Presby and Chowan?

Presby will be transitioning to the FCS from D-II next season. They're also joining our conference, so that's one game there's no getting out of, LoL.

As for Chowan...I guess I feel the same way about them that you probably felt about Mars Hill. Unless you liked playing Mars Hill, ;)

th0m
December 14th, 2006, 10:05 AM
Looking forward to the Chants coming to Harrisonburg next year! Should be a good one! Do you guys have a good replacement for Thigpen? How about other key positions?

Coastal89
December 14th, 2006, 10:08 AM
Looking forward to the Chants coming to Harrisonburg next year! Should be a good one! Do you guys have a good replacement for Thigpen? How about other key positions?
I've heard that we have a commitment from a Rivals 3 star QB but no confirmation other than the local media.

TexasTerror
December 14th, 2006, 10:18 AM
You folks are lucky WSSU is counting as Div I this coming year instead of Div II...two sub-Div I games (Presbyterian who will count as Div II and Chowan) is not good.

Weak OOC schedule outside of JMU and Furman. CCU took a step in the wrong direction this year...

SoCon48
December 14th, 2006, 10:21 AM
Do you mean Presby and Chowan?

Presby will be transitioning to the FCS from D-II next season. They're also joining our conference, so that's one game there's no getting out of, LoL.

As for Chowan...I guess I feel the same way about them that you probably felt about Mars Hill. Unless you liked playing Mars Hill, ;)

Mars Hill was the alma mater of our new chancellor. Never played them before this season.

bodoyle
December 14th, 2006, 10:21 AM
I agree Texas and 96. I hate our weak OOC schedule. I understand that we lost 36 seniors and all, but Goddamn. Talk about a tumble down in SOS. :mad: :nonono2: :nono: :bang:

TexasTerror
December 14th, 2006, 10:24 AM
I agree Texas and 96. I hate our weak OOC schedule. I understand that we lost 36 seniors and all, but Goddamn. Talk about a tumble down in SOS. :mad: :nonono2: :nono: :bang:

What would really be a kick in the gut is if Chuck South has a more attractive OOC schedule than that of CCU...

CoastalFan2005
December 14th, 2006, 10:48 AM
What would really be a kick in the gut is if Chuck South has a more attractive OOC schedule than that of CCU...

I doubt that will happen. With CSU's coach apparently looking to get out, I don't think they'll do much schedule "beefing" if they're basically headed back toward square one. :twocents:

Chants '07
December 14th, 2006, 11:01 AM

Will Richardson was an all state QB out of high school. His senior year he threw for over 3,000 yards and 30+ tds I believe. He was also nominated for the Army All-American game out of high school. He's a pure pocket passer, he won't provide the elusiveness that Tyler was able to this season, but talent wise he's not much of a step down. Will just has to get the game experience. Next year will be his fourth year in the system, he'll be a redshirt junior, so I'm looking for good things out of Will.

We also have Ren McKinnon who will be a redshirt senior next season. Ren has played multiple positions throughout his career. He returned kickoffs in 2005 against App St. (he was our only highlight of that game.) He's faster than Tyler, more of an option style. He probably could be used about the same way as App uses Armanti. Lack of experience is also is downfall.

The QB race should be interesting this spring. We have a pure pocket passer, and an option style Qb with 4.5 speed.

CSU BUCS
January 4th, 2007, 02:41 PM
I doubt that will happen. With CSU's coach apparently looking to get out, I don't think they'll do much schedule "beefing" if they're basically headed back toward square one. :twocents:

What makes you say Mills is leaving?

I know that Wofford and NC A&T are on the schedule for next year.

MarkCCU
January 4th, 2007, 02:43 PM
Chowan, did i read them right? They've won 5 games the entire time CCU has been in football...:(

GaSouthern
January 4th, 2007, 03:12 PM
Sept. 1 at Delaware State

Sept. 8 vs. Winston-Salem State

Sept. 15 vs. Georgia Southern

Sept. 22 at James Madison

Sept. 29 open week

Oct. 6 at Furman

Oct. 13 vs. Chowan

Oct. 20 vs. Presbyterian

Oct. 27 vs. VMI

Nov. 3 at Liberty

Nov. 10 vs. Gardner-Webb

Nov. 17 at Charleston Southern

Othern than the Bold games this looks to be a very simple schedule, suggesting GSU will have a reasonable team next year when we go to the beach.

CoastalFan2005
January 4th, 2007, 03:16 PM
What makes you say Mills is leaving?

Well, first off, I didn't say that Mills is leaving. I did say, "With CSU's coach apparently looking to get out... ." :read:

My reason for saying that was pretty simple. The fact that his name came up in at least one candidate list for a head coaching job. I haven't seen anything denying that he was interested in the job, whereas David Bennett removed his name from consideration for another head coach position rather quickly.

If Mills has removed his name from consideration for any other positions, please let us know. I honestly haven't heard anything but that he was being considered for another HC job.

Go...gate
January 4th, 2007, 04:11 PM
The only game I'm really not happy with is Chowan...I really, really hate the fact that we're playing them.

Is Lou Saban (formerly of the Buffalo Bills, Denver Broncos, Army, and others) still the Head Coach there? NFL Films did a profile on him there in about 2004.

whoanellie
January 4th, 2007, 04:17 PM
the home & home series with Elon ended, I guess We'll get them back when they move to the SoCon?

rokamortis
January 4th, 2007, 05:00 PM
Othern than the Bold games this looks to be a very simple schedule, suggesting GSU will have a reasonable team next year when we go to the beach.

Del State has been improving and there is a lot of speculation that Liberty may be a really good team next year.

AppMan
January 4th, 2007, 07:08 PM

Please refrain from the profanity. Young kids read this board.

justsaying
January 4th, 2007, 07:41 PM
I think that Gardner-Webb and Liberty will be sleepers. CCU still may pull out the win but it is said that both of these teams are going to be stocked with young and experienced talent that is returning from last season teams.

CoastalFan2005
January 4th, 2007, 07:45 PM
Is Lou Saban (formerly of the Buffalo Bills, Denver Broncos, Army, and others) still the Head Coach there? NFL Films did a profile on him there in about 2004.

Nope - some guy named Lorick Anderson is there.

http://www.chowan.edu/Athlet/Football/coach.htm

AppMan
January 4th, 2007, 08:11 PM
Just saw CCU's schedule... I'm disappointed... No Chicken Kickin' in '07!

Coastal89
January 4th, 2007, 08:55 PM
Just saw CCU's schedule... I'm disappointed... No Chicken Kickin' in '07!
And according to our AD there won't be until App decides they're not too high and mighty to come down off the mountain. He said we're not making the trip up again without a return first.

bodoyle
January 4th, 2007, 09:04 PM
Please refrain from the profanity. Young kids read this board.

Didn't know I swore.

CSU BUCS
January 4th, 2007, 09:40 PM
Well, first off, I didn't say that Mills is leaving. I did say, "With CSU's coach apparently looking to get out... ." :read:

My reason for saying that was pretty simple. The fact that his name came up in at least one candidate list for a head coaching job. I haven't seen anything denying that he was interested in the job, whereas David Bennett removed his name from consideration for another head coach position rather quickly.

If Mills has removed his name from consideration for any other positions, please let us know. I honestly haven't heard anything but that he was being considered for another HC job.

What Job? I've been traveling and off of the net.

SuperJon
January 4th, 2007, 10:30 PM
Sam Houston State if I'm not mistaken.

'neers79
January 5th, 2007, 02:34 AM
[QUOTE=AppMan]Just saw CCU's schedule... I'm disappointed... No Chicken Kickin' in '07![/QUOTE
Pretty sure they want the next one in Conway.

chantman
January 5th, 2007, 08:38 AM
Sam Houston State if I'm not mistaken.

I thought it was Stephen F. Austin.

89Hen
January 5th, 2007, 08:57 AM
Sept. 1 at Delaware State
I give the DSU AD an A+ for deal making. He's had CCU, NWSt, UMass and SIU all come to Dover in the last 5 or so years, all to play in front of 2500 fans. How the F does he do it? :confused: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Dabnus Brickey
January 5th, 2007, 09:25 AM
You can't look past Liberty in our own conference too. They were young everywhere and played us extremely tough.

SuperJon
January 5th, 2007, 01:08 PM
I thought it was Stephen F. Austin.

You could be right. All I know is it was in Texas.

andy7171
January 5th, 2007, 01:11 PM
I give the DSU AD an A+ for deal making. He's had CCU, NWSt, UMass and SIU all come to Dover in the last 5 or so years, all to play in front of 2500 fans. How the F does he do it? :confused: :bow: :bow: :bow:
...2500 fans, on an unmowed game surface, next to a field that occationally reaks of cow manure!

He should run for president!

Sly Fox
January 5th, 2007, 04:13 PM
You could be right. All I know is it was in Texas.

Its SFA. But you are pushing your luck getting SJ to realize there is anything west of the Appalachians. xlolx

danefan
January 5th, 2007, 07:26 PM
Any word on the 2008 CCU schedule? I'm still trying to figure out where Albany is going to be in 2008. I know we go to C.South in 08 and there has been some speculation that we may be moving to the Big South, but nothing confirmed. The only way to get any feeling is the future schedules. Albany doesn't post a future schedule anywhere.

rokamortis
January 5th, 2007, 07:32 PM
Any word on the 2008 CCU schedule? I'm still trying to figure out where Albany is going to be in 2008. I know we go to C.South in 08 and there has been some speculation that we may be moving to the Big South, but nothing confirmed. The only way to get any feeling is the future schedules. Albany doesn't post a future schedule anywhere.

I doubt CCU releases an early schedule - but some insiders may be in the know. Unfortunately, I am not one so I am of no help.

Sir William
January 5th, 2007, 08:24 PM
I'm still trying to figure out where Albany is going to be in 2008. I know we go to C.South in 08 and there has been some speculation that we may be moving to the Big South, but nothing confirmed.

If Albany were to move to the Big South, would they rename it the Mostly Big South? xlolx

SuperJon
January 5th, 2007, 09:23 PM
Its SFA. But you are pushing your luck getting SJ to realize there is anything west of the Appalachians. xlolx

I've got all I need east of the Mississippi.

R.A.
January 6th, 2007, 01:28 AM
...2500 fans, on an unmowed game surface, next to a field that occationally reaks of cow manure!

He should run for president!

Del State has recently had synthetic field turf added along with new lights and an entire visitors side. Don't sleep on the Hornets, they were a win away from an at- large bid in 2006.

JALMOND
January 6th, 2007, 01:41 PM

What the heck is a Chowan? I take it this is a tentative schedule. Whatever a Chowan is, they can be bought out cheap and improve your schedule, although SOS is overrated in my book.

Just play and win whoever is on your schedule and your fate will be in the hands of the committee.

CoastalFan2005
January 6th, 2007, 02:00 PM
I take it this is a tentative schedule.

Nope - unfortunately, this is our real schedule. :(

danefan
January 6th, 2007, 08:34 PM
If Albany were to move to the Big South, would they rename it the Mostly Big South? xlolx

Haha.
How about the BSS (Big South....Sort of)

Mr. Tiger
January 6th, 2007, 10:48 PM
Del State has recently had synthetic field turf added along with new lights and an entire visitors side. Don't sleep on the Horents, they were a win away from an at- large bid in 2006.

That turf is top quality and Delaware State is improving each year. CCU's schedule isn't that bad.