PDA

View Full Version : Edmonds looking to transfer from Fordham

RichH2
December 19th, 2015, 09:03 PM
Haley is reporting that he is looking to transfer. Moorhead and Edmonds may be tough for Rams to sustain.

Catsfan90
December 19th, 2015, 09:06 PM
What are some schools looking for a rb? Hopefully he can stay at the FCS level! And not have to move down.

KnightoftheRedFlash
December 19th, 2015, 09:06 PM
He should head up the Hudson.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 19th, 2015, 09:08 PM
Wow! This is a shame to see but not a surprise. I just hope he transfers to a good academic school...

Fordham's stock is sinking big time....

RichH2
December 19th, 2015, 09:28 PM
Doubt he is looking to move down. My guess he is looking FBS.

BisonFan02
December 19th, 2015, 09:29 PM
How many years of eligibility left? If he goes and robs a liquor store, Spack will take him.

dewey
December 19th, 2015, 09:31 PM
If he goes and robs a liquor store, Spack will take him.

I thought he had to sell Marijuana to undercover cops?

Dewey

Catsfan90
December 19th, 2015, 09:33 PM
Doubt he is looking to move down. My guess he is looking FBS.
Yah. But not necessarily about what he wants, depends who wants him.

Catsfan90
December 19th, 2015, 09:33 PM
How many years of eligibility left? If he goes and robs a liquor store, Spack will take him.
Just sell some weed and he's in.

2ram
December 19th, 2015, 09:35 PM
this would be a bad move on his part imo. he's got accolades and an OC/HC that is behind him. if he sticks to it, pro teams will come looking.

if he goes somewhere else, there is no telling where it ends up. he might not play another down...

Go...gate
December 19th, 2015, 09:35 PM
Haley is reporting that he is looking to transfer. Moorhead and Edmonds may be tough for Rams to sustain.

Why?

centennial
December 19th, 2015, 09:36 PM
this would be a bad move on his part imo. he's got accolades and an OC/HC that is behind him. if he sticks to it, pro teams will come looking.

if he goes somewhere else, there is no telling where it ends up. he might not play another down...
It is a risky move. Is he graduating soon?

TheKingpin28
December 19th, 2015, 09:40 PM

He's got to call marshaun and figure out how to be a proper salesman first

2ram
December 19th, 2015, 09:40 PM
he's in his 2nd year with no injuries, so by PL rules 2 more years left.

i just don't see how a move to FBS would be good for him. he would have to sit a year, and yes that might translate to some maturity, but he's already going to get serious looks from pros based on his current performance.

the only reason would be to play a different schedule, risks be damned... in which case... if that was your only goal, then i guess it makes sense...

something tells me that mason's success at UF this year is part of the consideration.

clenz
December 19th, 2015, 09:52 PM
he's in his 2nd year with no injuries, so by PL rules 2 more years left.

i just don't see how a move to FBS would be good for him. he would have to sit a year, and yes that might translate to some maturity, but he's already going to get serious looks from pros based on his current performance.

the only reason would be to play a different schedule, risks be damned... in which case... if that was your only goal, then i guess it makes sense...

something tells me that mason's success at UF this year is part of the consideration.
No matter where he transfers he will no longer be bound by the dumb no redshirt rule.

He can go somewhere get real ingrained in the system and come out swinging the next 2 years

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 19th, 2015, 10:08 PM
Why?

You lose your coach and elite/All American RB you're certainly not better off. Colgate experienced a transition downturn recently. As did Lehigh with staff turnover. I'd bet money that Fordham has one as well. I don't see them going 3-8 but I have a feeling a couple of 7-4 and 6-5 type seasons might be on the way before they can get the ball rolling again....

Plus, and I've said this quite a bit, Fordham really did not take it to the "next" level. Colgate's playoff run this year pretty much trumps any of Fordham's seasons under Moorhead. Although, the 2013 Ram team was better than 2015 Colgate imo...

Don't worry Go 'Gate. The planets are once again realigning for Lehigh and Colgate to retake control of the league. Or so I hope...xdrunkyx

RichH2
December 19th, 2015, 10:25 PM
Risk-Reward. Doesn't seem to rational analysis. Will it improve his NFL prospscts? Perhaps,if he winds up in the right situation and avoids injury. Given NFL scouting ,very unlimely he will be missdd by NFL.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 19th, 2015, 10:33 PM
Risk-Reward. Doesn't seem to rational analysis. Will it improve his NFL prospscts? Perhaps,if he winds up in the right situation and avoids injury. Given NFL scouting ,very unlimely he will be missdd by NFL.

It's interesting to say the least. He might look at Vernon Adams and see the success he ultimately had. Especially the last 6-7 games of the year.

The issue I have is, Fordham is a damn good school that does get media attention in NYC. Not a ton but enough to allow Edmonds exploits to reach the right peoples eyes and ears in the NFL. If he's going to leave Fordham I just hope he finds his way to a well rounded school. You don't want to leave Fordham to go play at NC State or West Virginia imo. Although, he would be awesome in Holgorsen's system imo. If he can go to a Penn State, Michigan or a Northwestern/Duke/Stanford it's definitely worth considering imo.

clenz
December 19th, 2015, 10:35 PM
He won't end up anywhere near Michigan's radar.

They just landed the #1 RB in the nation

KnightoftheRedFlash
December 19th, 2015, 10:43 PM
In the 1920's, he would have followed in the footsteps of Chris Cagle and Harry "Lighthorse" Wilson. Alas, times have changed.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 19th, 2015, 11:09 PM
What hath Vernon Adams wrought?

ngineer
December 19th, 2015, 11:38 PM
In today's world, you need not attend a football factory to get noticed. Very risky move imo.

PAllen
December 20th, 2015, 06:15 AM
Could he be following the coach who recruited him?

Cooper
December 20th, 2015, 07:34 AM
He's not going to Penn State with phenom RB Saquon Barkley having three more years and Miles Sanders coming in. No room at the inn there.

Pard4Life
December 20th, 2015, 08:30 AM

What source is this? Link?

tribe_pride
December 20th, 2015, 09:03 AM

https://twitter.com/ChaseEdmonds22/status/678364517567504385

Technically just exploring his options but that's not a good sign for Fordham.

kdinva
December 20th, 2015, 09:04 AM

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20151219213351525207204&ref=hea&tm=&src=FCS

Haley's "new" site....

RichH2
December 20th, 2015, 09:11 AM
Haley based it on Edmonds tweet that is his plan.

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 20th, 2015, 09:55 AM
Richmond could use a running back.

MacThor
December 20th, 2015, 10:42 AM
What are some schools looking for a rb? Hopefully he can stay at the FCS level! And not have to move down.

Both Jacobi Green and Seth Fisher are graduating from Richmond, and their heir apparent got kicked out of school.

It's a good fit academically too.

Fordham
December 20th, 2015, 11:07 AM
Why did Adams not have to sit out?

I hope one he stays but wish him well if he goes. Great, great kid

centennial
December 20th, 2015, 11:21 AM

Graduate transfer rule.

Catsfan90
December 20th, 2015, 01:01 PM
Both Jacobi Green and Seth Fisher are graduating from Richmond, and their heir apparent got kicked out of school.

It's a good fit academically too.
That would definitely be a big step up for him as well!

Mattymc727
December 20th, 2015, 01:21 PM
He should go to his other top choice before picking Fordham...New Hampshire...

Can redshirt next year for Crossan's senior year and then take the reigns.

KPSUL
December 20th, 2015, 02:02 PM
Really makes no sense for him unless there is P5 interest, and there probably is.

clenz
December 20th, 2015, 02:24 PM

He graduated and enrolled in a masters program that EWU doesn't offer

FordhamFan
December 20th, 2015, 10:36 PM
Biggest test for the new HC will be recruiting their best player all over again. I believe Breiner was the one who originally recruited Chase, so I really wouldn't rule his return out.

But I do agree, not a great sign for the Rams