PDA

View Full Version : Hats off to Richmond Spiders!

IBleedYellow
December 19th, 2015, 12:55 PM
Richmond, I want to commend you on an amazing season! You were picked to get 4th or 5th in the CAA? Instead you finished as one of the Top 4 teams in the FCS, not just the CAA!

Beating Illinois State at their place was a thing of beauty, and NDSU fans and the program were thankful you did. Plus no one had beaten them there since my Bison did it in 2010. Nice job there.

The players must have been a direct reflection of the coaching staff, because I really thought your coach handled himself with class. I can recall one time in the game when King Fraiser ran over one of your defense man, but ended up underneath him, and your defense man sort of said 3-2-1 and they both helped each other up.

All of your fans that I interacted with were right up there, too! I hope if you made it out to Fargo you were able to enjoy the tailgating even with the cold.

I've got a hunch this isn't the last time these two teams meet in the next 2-4 years...both teams are young and improving.

xthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupx

BisonFan02
December 19th, 2015, 12:57 PM
Ditto. :D

BisonBabe
December 19th, 2015, 01:00 PM
Agreed. Well said.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 19th, 2015, 01:02 PM
Very good season for the Spiders.

Nice to see another team that doesn't run a freakin version of the spread!!

Christiank22
December 19th, 2015, 01:48 PM
I was front row of the student section and Richmond's head coach came over and shook our hands and complimented the program as a whole. One of the classiest things I have ever seen. Great program there at Richmond

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Twentysix
December 19th, 2015, 01:50 PM
Great season Richmond! Winning one of the better FCS conferences is no small feat.

I'm sure we will meet again soon. It would be great to setup some OOC games.

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 19th, 2015, 01:53 PM
I was front row of the student section and Richmond's head coach came over and shook our hands and complimented the program as a whole. One of the classiest things I have ever seen. Great program there at Richmond

Thanks for sharing that. I hope Rocco is around for a while.

Appreciate the thread. I must admit that I'm nursing a hangover as well as some sadness that the season is over. It was a memorable one, with the win at JMU when they were #1 and hosting Gameday, beating the Indians twice and getting to the Final 4.

We have a promising hoops season underway but I really can't wait for next football season. Lots of great players and coaches returning.

Good luck Bison.

Scooter
December 19th, 2015, 02:28 PM
I had a chance to talk to a few Richmond fans this morning; very nice people. I will be following Richmond football closely in 2016 and expect they will again make a deep run in the playoffs. Congratulations on a very successful season. Thanks for coming to Fargo.

X-Factor
December 19th, 2015, 02:55 PM
Great season for the Spiders, especially considering they have such a young team. Generally teams are more senior laden when they make a run to the Semi's and knock teams off on the road to get there xthumbsupx

dewey
December 19th, 2015, 03:24 PM
As others have said congratulations to the Richmond Spiders on a great season.

Good luck next year spiders.

Dewey

Gil Dobie
December 19th, 2015, 03:26 PM
Classy program

paward
December 19th, 2015, 04:33 PM
Thanks so very much. I would have liked the post better had we won. Congratulations to you the rest of the way.

jsnow84
December 19th, 2015, 04:35 PM
I thought both teams handled themselves with lots of class. When the Richmond player was hurt, the Bison players showed him some love and were very respectful of their opponent. Rocco is a class guy for sure. He is continuing to grow as a head coach and expect them to be in the mix for a long time.

MacThor
December 20th, 2015, 10:55 AM
Thanks. 8 years ago UR made a surprise run to the semis with a young team and got blasted (although they came back to tie it in the 3rd Q) by the dynasty of that era, who went on to win the NC. Our stud long haired running back graduated.

The next year we went back to visit that same dynasty and TCOB. Here's hoping! :)