PDA

View Full Version : Harvard-Yale Streak v. Navy-Army Streak

Go Green
December 17th, 2015, 03:28 PM
Which will be broken first?

http://sportzedge.com/2015/12/16/the-similarities-of-two-football-losing-streaks-yale-harvard-and-army-navy/

DFW HOYA
December 17th, 2015, 03:33 PM
A. Harvard - Yale (9 straight)
B. Navy - Army (14 straight)

Answer: "A."

and while we're at it...

C. Lehigh - Georgetown (15 straight, second longest streak in subdivision)
D. Pennsylvania - Columbia (19 straight, longest active streak in subdivision)

Answer: "D.", and as soon as next year.

UNIFanSince1983
December 17th, 2015, 03:36 PM
Well had Mr. Niumatalolo left Navy then I could see Monken leading the Cadets to a win. I do think Monken will get the Cadets going, but with what is going on in Annapolis it will be tough. So I would say Yale wins first.

Sycamore62
December 17th, 2015, 04:04 PM
Well had Mr. Niumatalolo left Navy then I could see Monken leading the Cadets to a win. I do think Monken will get the Cadets going, but with what is going on in Annapolis it will be tough. So I would say Yale wins first.

they've been within a TD for the last 2 years. They will beat them within the next 2 years

Ivytalk
December 17th, 2015, 04:16 PM
What about the Harvard-Dartmouth streak?:)

bulldog10jw
December 17th, 2015, 04:25 PM

http://sportzedge.com/2015/12/16/the-similarities-of-two-football-losing-streaks-yale-harvard-and-army-navy/

Thanks, Tom Williams

Actually, Williams teams could be said to have outplayed Harvard twice, 2009 (4th and 22) and 2010........not that it did any good.

Yote 53
December 17th, 2015, 04:55 PM
One of these years Army isn't going to give the game away with turnovers. Should have won it this year.

Go Green
December 17th, 2015, 08:45 PM
What about the Harvard-Dartmouth streak?:)

I bet that gets broken before any streak mentioned in this thread. We spent most of 2013 wondering how the **** we lost to Penn (for the umpteenth time) and kicked the crap out of them the next two years.

We're wondering how we possibly lost to Harvard this season even more.

catamount man
December 17th, 2015, 09:41 PM
What sucks about this year's Army-Navy game is I kept waiting and thinking "okay, when are they gonna turn the ball over?" and damn it all if the 4th quarter didn't provide my answer. When they attempted the long pass with 2 MINUTES LEFT IN NAVY TERRITORY I knew it was gonna be picked off. It's a big deal at my house. My dad was in the Army for a stint in the 1960s and by the grace of God missed Vietnam and I have two cousins who were Navy, one who retired after 30 years in 2010 so we take it serious. It's a great game and I have it in my bucket list someday. GO ARMY! BEAT NAVY!

TTUEagles
December 17th, 2015, 10:07 PM
What sucks about this year's Army-Navy game is I kept waiting and thinking "okay, when are they gonna turn the ball over?" and damn it all if the 4th quarter didn't provide my answer. When they attempted the long pass with 2 MINUTES LEFT IN NAVY TERRITORY I knew it was gonna be picked off. It's a big deal at my house. My dad was in the Army for a stint in the 1960s and by the grace of God missed Vietnam and I have two cousins who were Navy, one who retired after 30 years in 2010 so we take it serious. It's a great game and I have it in my bucket list someday. GO ARMY! BEAT NAVY!
Thank you. I was screaming this from my seats at Lincoln Financial.
This post just to say this: if you even halfway love college football and halfway have respect for our Nation's military, this should be an event you plan on attending. The Army/Navy game was a tremendous experience for me and I highly recommend it for anyone's 'bucket list,' (and that term makes me cringe, even as I type it).

Ivytalk
December 18th, 2015, 05:04 AM
I bet that gets broken before any streak mentioned in this thread. We spent most of 2013 wondering how the **** we lost to Penn (for the umpteenth time) and kicked the crap out of them the next two years.

We're wondering how we possibly lost to Harvard this season even more.
Feeling better now?:)

Ivytalk
December 18th, 2015, 05:09 AM
Thank you. I was screaming this from my seats at Lincoln Financial.
This post just to say this: if you even halfway love college football and halfway have respect for our Nation's military, this should be an event you plan on attending. The Army/Navy game was a tremendous experience for me and I highly recommend it for anyone's 'bucket list,' (and that term makes me cringe, even as I type it).
Agreed. From the pre-game March-in to the emotional post-game singing, it's an unforgettable sports experience. I went to my first one about 5 years ago.

TTUEagles
December 18th, 2015, 06:24 AM
Agreed. From the pre-game March-in to the emotional post-game singing, it's an unforgettable sports experience. I went to my first one about 5 years ago.

I've never been to a game where the lines to enter the stadium are that long FOUR HOURS before kickoff and there was total class in the stadium the whole time, no 'trash talking,' major drunkenness/fights, etc., like I see at NFL games. Refreshing.
GO ARMY

Go Green
December 18th, 2015, 06:41 AM
Feeling better now?:)

And we have better parties than Harvard.

NOW I feel better!! :)

Ivytalk
December 18th, 2015, 06:57 AM
And we have better parties than Harvard.

NOW I feel better!! :)
Well, you guys always did drink more.xdrunkyx

And you do amazing things with those ice sculptures! I didn't think it was physically possible to...xeekx

catamount man
December 18th, 2015, 03:52 PM
Yale over Harvard AND Army over Navy in 2016. LOL! :D GO CATS!

KnightoftheRedFlash
December 19th, 2015, 12:19 PM
Thanks guys for reminding me of the painful memories.

Army football has stripped most of my optimism, but we should win next year.