PDA

View Full Version : All I want for Christmas is...a Bison loss

Pages : [1] 2

TypicalTribe
December 16th, 2015, 08:34 PM
Let me start off by saying I have nothing against NDSU. They've brought a great deal of attention to FCS through their FBS wins, the GameDay events in Fargo and the overall excellence of the 4 straight titles. Plus, the fan base is great and the atmosphere in the dome is a great advertisement for the classification.

That being said, I think it's in the best interest of FCS for them to get beat this year. To clarify, dynasties are usually a good thing for a sport. They draw attention and force other teams to focus and improve to reach the dynastic level.

However, there reaches a point where the dynasty dominates to a degree that is starts to become a negative. That's because, as in the case of the Bison, all the winning means that there are no other programs bringing home championships. When the titles aren't sprinkled around the country, it leaves a shortage of marquee programs and coaches and it limits attention.

The breadth of FCS is as narrow as I can remember. Just a decade ago, the division had a bunch of flagship programs, from Georgia Southern to App State to even Furman down south to Delaware and JMU (title winners in '04) in the East and Montana out west. Add in other champs like YSU and WKU and there were a number of name programs that could grab fan interest.

With the departure of ASU and GSU and others to FBS and the NDSU dominance, there seems to be a lack of depth at the top of FCS. If the Bison were to win one for the thumb, there wouldn't be a single player on an FCS roster outside of Fargo that had been part of a title. It's a heck of an accomplishment, but it's far from a good thing for those of us who love football at this level.

All three of the other teams in the Final Four would be a great story. Sammy looking to finally get over the hump, Jax St looking to steal some attention from the folks up in Tuscaloosa or Richmond grabbing a 2nd title after all the turns of the coaching carousel. More than anything, they would be fresh stories made up of fresh faces. Let's hope one of them will be written in Frisco.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BisonFan02
December 16th, 2015, 08:39 PM
A decade ago, you had NDSU and SDSU just really starting their FCS transitions...think we've added "breadth"...

JSUSoutherner
December 16th, 2015, 08:40 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/16/d9cfed9564329d5020d6be35f204c8d2.jpg

BisonFan02
December 16th, 2015, 08:42 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/16/d9cfed9564329d5020d6be35f204c8d2.jpg

What was the goal of the thread? Who ****ing cares. Don't like the Bison winning championships....get better. Beat them. I've watched teams like NDSU and SDSU elevate the play of the MVFC...time for the rest of the FCS to do the same.

Catsfan90
December 16th, 2015, 08:46 PM
What was the goal of the thread? Who ****ing cares. Don't like the Bison winning championships....get better. Beat them. I've watched teams like NDSU and SDSU elevate the play of the MVFC...time for the rest of the FCS to do the same.
I tend to agree with this. It isnt like NDSU is waltzing into championships and winning them. They don't have some crazy advantage over everyone else.

Fact of the matter is that they are the best team in FCS. If you want to be the best, beat the best. It's that's simple.

centennial
December 16th, 2015, 08:49 PM
Instead of hoping NDSU loses how about you get as good as us? Problem is even with us losing almost our whole defense, we are still dominant. The MVFC as a whole is better because of this. The other unfortunate thing for the rest of the FCS is our recruiting and FCOA. We are recruiting at mid level MAC, MW imo. Plus we develop talent really well. We might lose this year but someone will need to play a perfect game, and us a bad one.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 16th, 2015, 08:49 PM
Note to the rest of the FCS: Step up your game!

xboringx

NoDak 4 Ever
December 16th, 2015, 08:51 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXhRFnUn72E

Bronco
December 16th, 2015, 08:52 PM
If you want the Bizon to lose you should hope it only comes in the National Title Game. The stadium and the FCS looks much better with a full stadium

NoDak 4 Ever
December 16th, 2015, 08:53 PM
I'm no economist but I think Frisco would have to declare bankruptcy if we don't make it this year.

Bison56
December 16th, 2015, 08:56 PM
Don't like it, its simple beat them.

No_Skill
December 16th, 2015, 08:59 PM
Go Bison!

http://cdn.imgs.tuts.dragoart.com/how-to-draw-the-grinch-easy_1_000000014316_5.png

BisonBacker
December 16th, 2015, 09:16 PM
Well we've now seen postings about wishing we'd leave the FCS and move on to the FBS, wanting us to lose so someone else can win it. What's next. I'm sure I've missed something.

BisonTru
December 16th, 2015, 09:21 PM
Well we've now seen postings about wishing we'd leave the FCS and move on to the FBS, wanting us to lose so someone else can win it. What's next. I'm sure I've missed something.

Wait till they want an investigation (Furple)

UNHWildcat18
December 16th, 2015, 09:24 PM
Everything else aside can bison fans stop saying "don't like it beat us" wtf do you think teams have been trying to do every year? No **** someone needs to play at their level and beat them. Also in the Midwest it's literally oh you barely make a big ten team?! Come to Frisco and win a championship, **** playing in the Mac or MW! It's not unfair in any way but while they develop kids extremely well they are also recruiting the mid west at a much higher level of talent than most FCS teams are able to do across the country. I can't imagine what a circlejerk of a board the bison forum is like lol

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 16th, 2015, 09:26 PM
I concur with the OP.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 16th, 2015, 09:28 PM
Everything else aside can bison fans stop saying "don't like it beat us" wtf do you think teams have been trying to do every year? No **** someone needs to play at their level and beat them. Also in the Midwest it's literally oh you barely make a big ten team?! Come to Frisco and win a championship, **** playing in the Mac or MW! It's not unfair in any way but while they develop kids extremely well they are also recruiting the mid west at a much higher level of talent than most FCS teams are able to do across the country. I can't imagine what a circlejerk of a board the bison forum is like lol

Can you stop with the recruiting **** or the only game it town **** or the we should move up ****?

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 16th, 2015, 09:29 PM
I'm no economist but I think Frisco would have to declare bankruptcy if we don't make it this year.

32 Counter has more money than all of NorDak. All will be ok for Frisco.

Bison56
December 16th, 2015, 09:32 PM
32 Counter has more money than all of NorDak. All will be ok for Frisco.

Will he bring the tons of people that work for him?:D

dewey
December 16th, 2015, 09:35 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22035&stc=1

Whether it is this Friday or some other Friday/Saturday I will come on here and congratulate the opposing team that finally ended the unbelievable streak but GOD DAM it has been in an incredible ride.

Go Bison!

Dewey

centennial
December 16th, 2015, 09:36 PM
Will he bring the tons of people that work for him?:D
I thought 32 Counter was flipping burgers.

WTFCollegefootballfan
December 16th, 2015, 09:41 PM
Let me start off by saying I have nothing against NDSU. They've brought a great deal of attention to FCS through their FBS wins, the GameDay events in Fargo and the overall excellence of the 4 straight titles. Plus, the fan base is great and the atmosphere in the dome is a great advertisement for the classification.

That being said, I think it's in the best interest of FCS for them to get beat this year. To clarify, dynasties are usually a good thing for a sport. They draw attention and force other teams to focus and improve to reach the dynastic level.

However, there reaches a point where the dynasty dominates to a degree that is starts to become a negative. That's because, as in the case of the Bison, all the winning means that there are no other programs bringing home championships. When the titles aren't sprinkled around the country, it leaves a shortage of marquee programs and coaches and it limits attention.

The breadth of FCS is as narrow as I can remember. Just a decade ago, the division had a bunch of flagship programs, from Georgia Southern to App State to even Furman down south to Delaware and JMU (title winners in '04) in the East and Montana out west. Add in other champs like YSU and WKU and there were a number of name programs that could grab fan interest.

With the departure of ASU and GSU and others to FBS and the NDSU dominance, there seems to be a lack of depth at the top of FCS. If the Bison were to win one for the thumb, there wouldn't be a single player on an FCS roster outside of Fargo that had been part of a title. It's a heck of an accomplishment, but it's far from a good thing for those of us who love football at this level.

All three of the other teams in the Final Four would be a great story. Sammy looking to finally get over the hump, Jax St looking to steal some attention from the folks up in Tuscaloosa or Richmond grabbing a 2nd title after all the turns of the coaching carousel. More than anything, they would be fresh stories made up of fresh faces. Let's hope one of them will be written in Frisco.

Hate to break it to you, but this Bison team is really young. Think about that. xxmasx

X-Factor
December 16th, 2015, 09:48 PM
Even if we lose sometime in the next two games this Bison run is FAR from over. So for all those "hopefuls" and "wishfuls" out there, buckle up. Maybe go lobby for your team to get better to compete. I would consider this season to be the "down" year for NDSU.

URMite
December 16th, 2015, 09:49 PM
I disagree that FCS has gotten to the point of Division III where everyone expects Mount Union vs Wisconsin-Whitewater. I think it has been fine so far. What is NDSU over the last 5 season 69-5? What was the total point spread of those 5? There will come a point where everyone else is forgotten, but not yet.

Not that I don't want The Bison to lose. :D

Bisonwinagn
December 16th, 2015, 09:53 PM
This sounds like another stupid liberal posting crap. It's not fair. boohoo booohhoooo

URMite
December 16th, 2015, 09:56 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22035&stc=1

Whether it is this Friday or some other Friday/Saturday I will come on here and congratulate the opposing team that finally ended the unbelievable streak but GOD DAM it has been in an incredible ride.

Go Bison!

Dewey

Richmond Spiders football and sports in general don't win as consistently as NDSU. We seem to only win when it is impossible...

Therefore considering another event starting Friday night and all those other teams that came before...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22036&stc=1

TwinCitiesBison
December 16th, 2015, 09:58 PM
I remember there was a time during the late 90's/early 2000's where followers of golf begged for someone to step up their game and match Tiger stroke for stroke. His dominance was "bad for the game". Phil, Sergio, heck anyone who showed a pulse on Sundays got carte blanche when it came to coverage against Woods. So what happened? The kids growing up watching Tiger got to be really, really good and Tiger got older, busted, and broken down and parity was restored. But guess what one of the main storylines is at the end of every major...yup, "What's wrong with Tiger?" The OP's original point isn't wrong...a dynasty can become stale for the general public. And there's going to come a time when the programs watching the Bison dynasty follow in those footsteps and raise their game. Just be careful with what you wish for when it finally comes to pass and there are 10,000 people in Frisco on national TV.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 16th, 2015, 10:02 PM
What's more impossible than graduating 23 seniors and starting a redshirt freshman at QB?

Scooter
December 16th, 2015, 10:30 PM
Richmond Spiders football and sports in general don't win as consistently as NDSU. We seem to only win when it is impossible...

Therefore considering another event starting Friday night and all those other teams that came before...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22036&stc=1

Jesus Christ, Please tell me Richmond isn't relying on the "force".

X-Factor
December 16th, 2015, 10:37 PM
This sounds like another stupid liberal posting crap. It's not fair. boohoo booohhoooo
Let's bust out the participation ribbon talk

http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Screen-Shot-2015-10-12-at-11.57.58-AM.png

http://www.ijreview.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Capture41.jpg

Thumper 76
December 16th, 2015, 10:39 PM
Honestly the two teams that have the best shot of keeping the bison reign in check in the coming years will be SDSU and UNI. At least to keep them from doing something really disgusting like 6-8 in a row. And they both need to step up their games. They just seem to be the teams that give the bison a rugged game with some sort of regularity. Obviously SDSU got smoked by them this year at home, but generally speaking they give them at least one nail biter a year (considering with the regionalization they tend to play twice a year) and UNI always gives them a run for their money. That and other conferences need to step up to the front runners (looking at you OVC) level, which would be great for the FCS as a whole. But in the immediacy you need the MVFC to control them some to keep them down.

Professor Chaos
December 16th, 2015, 10:39 PM
Jesus Christ, Please tell me Richmond isn't relying on the "force".
Richmond can have the force. NDSU has the power of the Shwartz!

https://kosherspaghetti.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/schwartz.jpg

BisonBacker
December 16th, 2015, 10:40 PM
Wait till they want an investigation (Furple)

Believe it or not someone on the Griz board brought that up as well so you are to late.xbangx

Post (http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?p=1122378#p1122378)by Inspector Griz (http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=14509) » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:18 pmIs there anyone besides me that believes we could see NDSU hit with some infractions by the NCAA in a couple years? Especially if they win it all again this year. To be relatively new to FCS (less than 20 years). The rise an success they have had seems almost unrealistic.

This would like App State going FBS and then within a decade they are near the top of the FBS and then win 4 national titles in a row.

I could be wrong but I have a feeling some of that oil money has gained a few of these guys at NDSU!

If it's has or is taking place it will come out in the laundry. Just imagine a few years from now all those wins and titles get stripped for improper recruiting or something.

Not saying this is true or rumor. It would just be funny!

http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=72821&start=50

JSUSoutherner
December 16th, 2015, 11:06 PM
Richmond, SHSU, and JSU, I think, have better chances of beating the Bison than anyone else has had in a long time, except for USD apparently.

Either way, good luck to the Spiders this weekend. I'll be hoping you guys bust my bracket.

BisonTru
December 16th, 2015, 11:09 PM
Believe it or not someone on the Griz board brought that up as well so you are to late.xbangx

EGriz is behind the times. We already had a whole thread about this. I believe the conclusion is we pay off the refs and Frisco is happy so the NCAA is happy.

There needs to be an investigation into NDSU football because I am now convinced there is some serious cheating going on at that school without question!!

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?177667-LOL-NDSU-is-a-total-joke/page6&highlight=ndsu

Catsfan90
December 16th, 2015, 11:54 PM
I think instead of a champion. Every team should get a participation trophy. And have a hugging party.

Catsfan90
December 16th, 2015, 11:56 PM

Let me go grab my tinfoil hat!

Lehigh'98
December 17th, 2015, 04:34 AM
Some of their run is predicated on the enormous home field advantage they have created. The mighty MVFC has not been able to keep them from having HF advantage throughout the playoffs in this run. Hats off to the Bison for that. Order will be restored at some point though, when least expected.

Drblankstare
December 17th, 2015, 06:15 AM
I blame no one who wants the Bison to lose finally. Believe it or not its tough on the other side as well.

Most Bison fans I know, understand that the loss is looming out there waiting for us, statistically the clock is about up. We have become a very paranoid group, wondering where the knife will come from, wearing kleenex boxes for shoes, peeing in mason jars. :D

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22037&stc=1

Scooter
December 17th, 2015, 06:32 AM
Some of their run is predicated on the enormous home field advantage they have created. The mighty MVFC has not been able to keep them from having HF advantage throughout the playoffs in this run. Hats off to the Bison for that. Order will be restored at some point though, when least expected.

There are a TON of FCS stadiums that are hard to come in and get a win. The loudness factor makes for good TV and what do you want the coach to say? "I don't think it makes that much difference." No coach is going to miss an opportunity to give props to their fan base. Sure, it is a factor but nowhere near the biggest factor which would be off season preparation. E Washington, Montana, SHSU, New Hampshire, JMU, Chattanooga, Jacksonville St. Northern Iowa, SDSU, Youngstown St, E Illinois are also tough to get a win. The main reason is the Bison have been BETTER. This senior class is 28-2 on the road since they were true freshmen. That includes wins against Kansas, Colorado St, Kansas St and Iowa St. I would say the noise at times hurts the Bison defense when the other team is moving the ball due to the inability to audibly communicate with their teammates. And, the opposing defense has the luxury of being able to communicate easier than the Bison Defense. It's not like Only the away team has to play in the noise. Too much is made of the noise factor.

It's not Noise that is blowing your defensive line back three yards on every play late in the game. These Seniors have played 74 games in 4 years. They should be like the walking wounded but they continue to dominate and there is a reason for that. I'll give you a hint, it isn't crowd noise.

Eventually, the Bison are going to lose. Hell, it may be tomorrow. I doubt it.

Gil Dobie
December 17th, 2015, 06:42 AM

I'm enjoying this run. All good things come to an end, same with this run for the Bison. I enjoyed the run in the 1980's with 5 championships from 1983 to 1990, but that ended. DII teams figured out how to beat the Bison in the 1980's, should be no problem for FCS to figure that out. In the meantime, GO BISON!

Gil Dobie
December 17th, 2015, 06:45 AM
Honestly the two teams that have the best shot of keeping the bison reign in check in the coming years will be SDSU and UNI. At least to keep them from doing something really disgusting like 6-8 in a row. And they both need to step up their games. They just seem to be the teams that give the bison a rugged game with some sort of regularity. Obviously SDSU got smoked by them this year at home, but generally speaking they give them at least one nail biter a year (considering with the regionalization they tend to play twice a year) and UNI always gives them a run for their money. That and other conferences need to step up to the front runners (looking at you OVC) level, which would be great for the FCS as a whole. But in the immediacy you need the MVFC to control them some to keep them down.

I see USD stock rising after their recent coaching hire.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 17th, 2015, 06:50 AM
I blame no one who wants the Bison to lose finally. Believe it or not its tough on the other side as well.

Most Bison fans I know, understand that the loss is looming out there waiting for us, statistically the clock is about up. We have become a very paranoid group, wondering where the knife will come from, wearing kleenex boxes for shoes, peeing in mason jars. :D

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22037&stc=1

Oh really?

NDSU is very young this year. I fully expect them to be a top 5 team to start the year next year. Ya, statistically, we had a couple of bad years in 08 and 09 but no way will that be the "norm" in the future. With an expanded playoff format, there is no reason to believe the Bison cannot consistently be a playoff team.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 17th, 2015, 06:52 AM
I see USD stock rising after their recent coaching hire.

Maybe an upper 1/2 Valley team once every few years in the future but nothing like UNI, SDSU or NDSU IMO.

Mattymc727
December 17th, 2015, 07:10 AM
The NFL is as healthy as ever despite my My Patriots dominating for 15 years. The league even tried to create bogus cheating scandals to bring them down, yet they keep winning. The Bison will keep doing what they do until the rest of the FCS does something about it. Nothing more can be said.

However, I do think the FBS makes sense for them. I dont really see anything holding them back. They may even compete in the top 25 some years like Boise State does.

UNHWildcat18
December 17th, 2015, 07:14 AM
Can you stop with the recruiting **** or the only game it town **** or the we should move up ****?

Never said you should move up. Don't care if you stay FCS or go FBS

also you should be very proud of being able to recruit the talent you do!

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 17th, 2015, 07:15 AM
The NFL is as healthy as ever despite my My Patriots dominating for 15 years. The league even tried to create bogus cheating scandals to bring them down, yet they keep winning. The Bison will keep doing what they do until the rest of the FCS does something about it. Nothing more can be said.

However, I do think the FBS makes sense for them. I dont really see anything holding them back. They may even compete in the top 25 some years like Boise State does.

This here.

Good comparison with the NFL. I hate the Pats but do not think it is bad for the NFL. The other teams need to step up and beat them. Come up with a good game plan and execute. IMO, the Bison QB, Wentz, would be a good fit in NE. Big, athletic QB that can make all the NFL throws.....good fit IMO. Geez...then I would have to start liking the Pats....xcrazyx:D

UNHWildcat18
December 17th, 2015, 07:17 AM
I'm enjoying this run. All good things come to an end, same with this run for the Bison. I enjoyed the run in the 1980's with 5 championships from 1983 to 1990, but that ended. DII teams figured out how to beat the Bison in the 1980's, should be no problem for FCS to figure that out. In the meantime, GO BISON!

Really is an amazing run, that's not over yet!

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 17th, 2015, 07:17 AM

xboringx

UNHWildcat18
December 17th, 2015, 07:25 AM
xboringx

As is Fertile MN lol

JSUSoutherner
December 17th, 2015, 07:26 AM

If the Bison are the Pats I want to play the part of the Giants from 2011.

Gil Dobie
December 17th, 2015, 07:27 AM
As is Fertile MN lol

Not Climax, MN.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 17th, 2015, 07:29 AM
As is Fertile MN lol

Is that the best you can come up with?

xeyebrowx

UNHWildcat18
December 17th, 2015, 07:32 AM
Is that the best you can come up with?

xeyebrowx

I mean you just wrote a yawn emoji. Not much to work with, guess I could have just wrote "K"

UNHWildcat18
December 17th, 2015, 07:33 AM
Not Climax, MN.

Haaaaa this guy

Daytripper
December 17th, 2015, 07:40 AM

Nobody whines about being a victim more than Donald Trump.

JSUSoutherner
December 17th, 2015, 07:45 AM

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/17/ddfbb14383187aa2be3a90679a877e7c.jpg

IBleedYellow
December 17th, 2015, 07:46 AM
Well this is fun.

I'd just like to inform everyone that this was supposed to be a down year for this team... And we still have a shot at winning it all.

Probably should step it up on your ends instead of hoping we come back down.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 17th, 2015, 07:47 AM

I thought there was a Trump thread over in the politics section.....

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 17th, 2015, 07:49 AM
Well this is fun.

I'd just like to inform everyone that this was supposed to be a down year for this team... And we still have a shot at winning it all.

Probably should step it up on your ends instead of hoping we come back down.

It is fun!!

Whining about the Bison dynasty...xlolx

With all of the FR, RFR and Sophs playing, this team is loaded for the next few years..xthumbsupx

TypicalTribe
December 17th, 2015, 07:53 AM
The NFL comparison backs up my original point. The Patriots have been the dominant franchise for the last 15 years but they have only won 4 titles. They have been the gold standard and won their division nearly every year, but the Steelers and Giants have each won a couple of titles and Peyton Manning, Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers have won titles as well. So, the Pats have been the dominant force in the league, but the other great players have won titles as well. That breadth of story lines has helped the NFL's popularity immensely.

Going back to my original post, I don't want the Bison to go away. I want them to push everyone else to get better. But we need some other teams to win titles to build some other programs and maintain the strength of FCS.

BisonBacker
December 17th, 2015, 08:25 AM
My god I can only imagine the whining had we been playoff eligible when Steve Walker and crew were playing. It's a shame they couldn't participate but then again the rest of the FCS would have blown up apparently as that wouldn't have been good for the FCS xrolleyesx

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 17th, 2015, 08:26 AM
Montana and the CAA need to get back to being the Montana and the CAA of the '00s.

BisonFan02
December 17th, 2015, 08:27 AM

Geography and an invite. Where do we go?

BisonBacker
Montana and the CAA need to get back to being the Montana and the CAA of the '00s.

God I wish you guys were still in the FCS, those games with you guys were epic.

344Johnson

The Pats have won less than a third of the titles in that span. The best team... Sure. But that dynasty was over in line '05. Giants and Steelers have both won more since then. Also, nothing bogus about the scandals. Those happened, and the league basically let them off with a slap on the wrist

It's time for new teams to win. Unfortunately, it seems like the programs at that sort of level might be gone for the most part. Other than NDSU and Montana, are there any "football" schools left in this division?

The time will come. I don't think it will be a result of sanctions though.

BisonBacker
December 17th, 2015, 08:28 AM
Geography and an invite. Where do we go?

This here. I wish the Dome capacity was about 10K more and we had a MWC invite. I'd be all over that.

Mattymc727
December 17th, 2015, 08:30 AM
The NFL comparison backs up my original point. The Patriots have been the dominant franchise for the last 15 years but they have only won 4 titles. They have been the gold standard and won their division nearly every year, but the Steelers and Giants have each won a couple of titles and Peyton Manning, Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers have won titles as well. So, the Pats have been the dominant force in the league, but the other great players have won titles as well. That breadth of story lines has helped the NFL's popularity immensely.

Going back to my original post, I don't want the Bison to go away. I want them to push everyone else to get better. But we need some other teams to win titles to build some other programs and maintain the strength of FCS.

Good points. If the Bison do win this year, and as their fans claim the next 3 years too, whats happens? Not sure there is a difference between 8 Bison championships in a row or 8 different champions in that span, people still view the FCS the same. Im rooting against the Bison just as much as everyone else, but this isnt an NDSU issue. Other FCS schools need to figure out how to build the program/fanbase the Bison have, although that is much more difficult in different areas in the country (Jax State). I dont see any reason why UNH or Maine cant build what NDSU has.

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 17th, 2015, 08:31 AM
Montana and Delaware need to get back to being the Montana and the Delaware of the '00s.

FIFY.

UNHWildcat18
December 17th, 2015, 08:37 AM
Good points. If the Bison do win this year, and as their fans claim the next 3 years too, whats happens? Not sure there is a difference between 8 Bison championships in a row or 8 different champions in that span, people still view the FCS the same. Im rooting against the Bison just as much as everyone else, but this isnt an NDSU issue. Other FCS schools need to figure out how to build the program/fanbase the Bison have, although that is much more difficult in different areas in the country (Jax State). I dont see any reason why UNH or Maine cant build what NDSU has.

One thing about fanbase it's much easier to get people to fill a nice temperature filled dome than to get people to sit outside in the cold. It can be done as Montana has proved that, but hard. This really is an FCS issue of teams not elevating to NDSU level I agree

JSUSoutherner
December 17th, 2015, 08:41 AM
This here. I wish the Dome capacity was about 10K more and we had a MWC invite. I'd be all over that.

Completely, I'm sure if the dome was a little bigger the MWC and the MAC would be all over you guys.

On a side note, I'm interested to see how the Bison fans handle the loss whenever it comes.

BisonFan02
December 17th, 2015, 08:42 AM
Completely, I'm sure if the dome was a little bigger the MWC and the MAC would be all over you guys.

Wrong...at least for sure in the case with the MWC. I don't think the MAC is looking either.

JSUSoutherner
December 17th, 2015, 08:43 AM
Wrong...at least for sure in the case with the MWC. I don't think the MAC is looking either.

From my POV I don't see why not, NDSU is proven as a strong team and brand. You would make more noise in either of those conferences than Coastal will in the SBC.

Sycamore62
December 17th, 2015, 08:46 AM
i saw their home field advantage brought up. Of the 5 losses since 2011, 3 were at home and 2 were on the road (Montana, UNI Dome). I just thought that was interesting. The home losses were all unranked teams.

UNIFanSince1983
December 17th, 2015, 08:47 AM
I honestly think there has to be some mutual interest. Are we to believe that in the midst of their heyday Montana didn't have any offers to move up? I mean far less successful teams got invites and moved up. Right now I am not sure NDSU wants to move up. Some of the fans might not feel like it, but I bet the administration is perfectly content where they are right now. I am not try to say they have been invited and declined, but any talks of a move up would be a two way street. I am sure if NDSU really wanted to they could at least get a conversation with a conference. It is whether or not they want the conference they could get a talk with at this point.

For the NDSU fans to say "Where?" or "We have to have an invite" is not entirely factual. Sure you do need an invite to move up, but you also have to show you want to move up to get an invite.

UNIFanSince1983
December 17th, 2015, 08:50 AM
i saw their home field advantage brought up. Of the 5 losses since 2011, 3 were at home and 2 were on the road (Montana, UNI Dome). I just thought that was interesting. The home losses were all unranked teams.

This may be true, but they have never lost at home in the playoffs so...

BisonFan02
December 17th, 2015, 08:51 AM
I honestly think there has to be some mutual interest. Are we to believe that in the midst of their heyday Montana didn't have any offers to move up? I mean far less successful teams got invites and moved up. Right now I am not sure NDSU wants to move up. Some of the fans might not feel like it, but I bet the administration is perfectly content where they are right now. I am not try to say they have been invite and declined, but any talks of a move up would be a two way street. I am sure if NDSU really wanted to they could at least get a conversation with a conference. It is whether or not they want the conference they could get a talk with at this point.

For the NDSU fans to say "Where?" or "We have to have an invite" is not entirely factual. Sure you do need an invite to move up, but you also have to show you want to move up to get an invite.

That's a big one....also, is it all sports? If so, who's NDSU's travel partner in the MWC? MAC? Do we bring a media market (a la Georgia St.)? New recruiting territory? Teams being "good" don't necessarily have anything to do with an FBS invite or conference move.

Sycamore62
December 17th, 2015, 08:56 AM
Could a move up this quick go bad for them as opposed to waiting for a while? I know some of the schools that restarted football moved up fast and I have to be reminded they exist, usually by their coach getting fired.

UNIFanSince1983
December 17th, 2015, 09:14 AM
Could a move up this quick go bad for them as opposed to waiting for a while? I know some of the schools that restarted football moved up fast and I have to be reminded they exist, usually by their coach getting fired.

I think they only way it goes bad is if it affects their recruiting. Right now they are getting the talent that might normally go to a G5 school or go to a Big Ten school as a walk on. Instead these players are going to NDSU for the opportunity to win a National Championship. Would this change if they were in the G5? Do these kids still go to NDSU or do they go to somewhere like SDSU, USD, or UNI? I mean right now they would be a great G5 team, but if the recruiting is affected they could fade fast. Really depends on how recruits would view the school if they were no longer competing for National Championships.

BisonBacker
December 17th, 2015, 09:23 AM
It's a complicated thing. You need the following.

Fan Support (check)
Adequate sized stadium (big problem) can't expand dome and cost to build a bigger one and how to fund it.
Conference that would be interested and for NDSU also to be interested in joining. (No thanks sun belt)
Travel partner for NDSU and the move up.
Increased cost of scholarships (title IX)
Overall costs of athletics department to make a serious commitment to success at the next level.
In North Dakota while many will deny this there is no way in hell the SBOHE and many in Bismark will stand by and watch NDSU move up without us having to drag along little brother the "fighting Hawks' or as I have seen posted the F'n Hawks.
Higher ed in ND is so F'd up. A state with a little over 700k has 11 higher ed institutions which is nothing but a complete joke. 7 should be closed the other 2 could be feeder schools for the states flagships and save the state boat loads of $$$$$ but that would take political backbone which in this day and age is about as rare as a und playoff appearance xlolx
I'm sure there's more to add to this list but most of it comes down to $$$

Here's an article from March 2014 when NDSU beat Oklahoma State in the Dance to make it to the second round. Most of what was written in that article still applies.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/24495371/north-dakota-states-big-success-leading-toward-a-big-decision

UNIFanSince1983
December 17th, 2015, 09:27 AM
It's a complicated thing. You need the following.

Fan Support (check)
Adequate sized stadium (big problem) can't expand dome and cost to build a bigger one and how to fund it.
Conference that would be interested and for NDSU also to be interested in joining. (No thanks sun belt)
Travel partner for NDSU and the move up.
Increased cost of scholarships (title IX)
Overall costs of athletics department to make a serious commitment to success at the next level.
In North Dakota while many will deny this there is no way in hell the SBOHE and many in Bismark will stand by and watch NDSU move up without us having to drag along little brother the "fighting Hawks' or as I have seen posted the F'n Hawks.

Higher ed in ND is so F'd up. A state with a little over 700k has 11 higher ed institutions which is nothing but a complete joke. 7 should be closed the other 2 could be feeder schools for the states flagships and save the state boat loads of $$$$$ but that would take political backbone which in this day and age is about as rare as a und playoff appearance xlolx
I'm sure there's more to add to this list but most of it comes down to $$$

Here's an article from March 2014 when NDSU beat Oklahoma State in the Dance to make it to the second round. Most of what was written in that article still applies.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/24495371/north-dakota-states-big-success-leading-toward-a-big-decision

Looks like you solved your own problem of #4 with the one in #7 ;)

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2015, 09:31 AM

Moving up is a waste of money for almost no gain.

deez_na
December 17th, 2015, 09:33 AM
Moving up would be great if I thought we could ever compete for a title in the FBS but that's not reality. We just aren't going to compete with top FBS teams and I'd rather be winning FCS Titles then be in the FBS and be a middle of the pack team every year.

Mattymc727
December 17th, 2015, 09:39 AM
Moving up would be great if I thought we could ever compete for a title in the FBS but that's not reality. We just aren't going to compete with top FBS teams and I'd rather be winning FCS Titles then be in the FBS and be a middle of the pack team every year.

Whats wrong with striving for a BCS bowl and making an upset like Boise did? Hawaii was in the Sugar Bowl not too long ago too. Those events are even more prominent than winning 8 FCS titles in a row. Sure, it would be much harder, and much more rare, but that would be fun. I love FCS football but UNH has never tasted a title before. 8 titles in a row? Snooze...

BisonBacker
December 17th, 2015, 09:45 AM
Moving up is a waste of money for almost no gain.

Really? At what point does winning championships in a division that has seen the best teams who fund football seriously move on. Was playing K State no fun or a no gain thing for NDSU? How about beating Minnesota twice was that no gain? What would it mean to NDSU and it's athletic department to have FBS teams come to play in OOC games in Fargo? Imagine a home and home with K State or Nebraska I guess that would be a waste of time and money for no gain. xcrazyx

- - - Updated - - -

Whats wrong with striving for a BCS bowl and making an upset like Boise did? Hawaii was in the Sugar Bowl not too long ago too. Those events are even more prominent than winning 8 FCS titles in a row. Sure, it would be much harder, and much more rare, but that would be fun. I love FCS football but UNH has never tasted a title before. 8 titles in a row? Snooze...

Small minded people who can't see the larger picture.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2015, 09:48 AM
Really? At what point does winning championships in a division that has seen the best teams who fund football seriously move on. Was playing K State no fun or a no gain thing for NDSU? How about beating Minnesota twice was that no gain? What would it mean to NDSU and it's athletic department to have FBS teams come to play in OOC games in Fargo? Imagine a home and home with K State or Nebraska I guess that would be a waste of time and money for no gain. xcrazyx

- - - Updated - - -

Small minded people who can't see the larger picture.

Doubling our budget besides building a new stadium to go maybe a bowl game every year? That sounds fun.

There is an artificial ceiling in FBS. You'll never make a playoff, you'll only fight the the table scraps the P5 gives you. That's a terrible investment.

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 17th, 2015, 09:53 AM
Doubling our budget besides building a new stadium to go maybe a bowl game every year? That sounds fun.

There is an artificial ceiling in FBS. You'll never make a playoff, you'll only fight the the table scraps the P5 gives you. That's a terrible investment.

+1. Glad you guys have it figured out.

Sycamore62
December 17th, 2015, 09:55 AM

after they expand the playoffs to 16 teams, they will have a spot for an undefeated G5 school.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2015, 09:57 AM
after they expand the playoffs to 16 teams, they will have a spot for an undefeated G5 school.

That still sounds like table scraps.

You won't find a single Bison fan that doesn't want to be in the 2nd tier of football. It just seems now to be a waste of money to get up into the FBS until we know what the tiers are going to look like.

I want to stay as far from the P5's bull**** as possible.

BisonBacker
December 17th, 2015, 10:02 AM

I'll give you the playoff thing as it stands right now is a joke in the FBS. 4 teams doesn't make a playoff. But my question still stands and you ignored it. At what point does winning NC's at this level become passe? Would you be so against it if Montana and JMU & Jax State made the move? At what point does FCS start to look like the old DII with teams moving on? NDSU should have been at this level back in the 70's when UNI & others moved on. We stayed back then because of people like you who can't see the future. Yeah winning titles is fun but do they really mean as much when you are seeing teams like Colgate make the playoffs? 6-5 teams making the playoff as well? I've see on the Montana State board a discussion about this years playoffs.

This was a comment from one of their fans and he's spot on.

Let's face it, each year in the Fcs there's maybe MAYBE 8-10 teams that can win it
Which was followed up by this comment

No way are there six teams that can beat NDSU. And 4 of the teams that can are from the MVFC. I guess you might as well get rid of the whole thing.

I realize NDSU won't always be top dog but really at what point does it lose it's luster? There are already people here bitching about NDSU and hoping NDSU loses or saying NDSU should just move on already. GSU fans felt the same thing. Craig Bohl said it to, what more is there to do at this level? Yeah I know your going to make some snide comment about Bohl and Wyoming. If your happy here why didn't we just stay in the old NCC?

- - - Updated - - -

This right here!

Bison56
December 17th, 2015, 10:08 AM
+1. Glad you guys have it figured out.

LOL nice avatar! xlolxxbowx

Missingnumber7
December 17th, 2015, 10:25 AM

We are fine where we are at until the whiners take control like they did in D2 and start lowering Scholarship limits to try to even the field for schools that don't fully fund football. That is the point when it becomes time to move up. Although if the right offer were on the table I wouldn't turn that down. Remembering that this is all fine and well, but you can't move up without an invitation to a conference.

AmsterBison
December 17th, 2015, 10:32 AM
Want a Bison loss? Women's basketball has some games coming up.

No idea how our WBB program sank so low.... back in D2, they were awesome.

IBleedYellow
December 17th, 2015, 10:35 AM
Want a Bison loss? Women's basketball has some games coming up.

No idea how our WBB program sank so low.... back in D2, they were awesome.
Stop reminding me. I remember when they'd let you stay for the men's game if you bought women's tickets because the men were so bad.

IBleedYellow
December 17th, 2015, 10:38 AM
Because that's not what we strive for.

Striving to be the best of the division we're in is what we strive for. Realistically if we went FBS we'd never have a chance to win a National Title ever again. None. Zilch.

The current "College Football Playoff" contract goes until 2022 or something like that. I'd expect us to be in the FCS until then due to the fact that we can't and won't be able to compete for one of those 4 spots, it's just not possible.

Sycamore62
December 17th, 2015, 10:44 AM
That still sounds like table scraps.

You won't find a single Bison fan that doesn't want to be in the 2nd tier of football. It just seems now to be a waste of money to get up into the FBS until we know what the tiers are going to look like.

I want to stay as far from the P5's bull**** as possible.

I agree that most schools should be waiting on this because the big decision will come from P5 schools and nobody else. everyone else can react to the P5 decision but they wont be factored much into the decision. At some point they have to be seeing the Billions they are leaving on the table by not expanding the playoffs.

Sycamore62
December 17th, 2015, 10:45 AM
Because that's not what we strive for.

Striving to be the best of the division we're in is what we strive for. Realistically if we went FBS we'd never have a chance to win a National Title ever again. None. Zilch.

The current "College Football Playoff" contract goes until 2022 or something like that. I'd expect us to be in the FCS until then due to the fact that we can't and won't be able to compete for one of those 4 spots, it's just not possible.

who is the contract between? honest question

BEAR
December 17th, 2015, 10:59 AM
All I want for Christmas..........is for someone to beat the Bison in the playoffs.. Big difference from just wanting a bison loss. Bison have been exceptional these past few years. They've earned every win. They've earned every loss. But overall they've been exceptional. But even Bison fans know it can't go on forever. The big question is when will it end for them. We're still waiting...xlolx

deez_na
December 17th, 2015, 11:01 AM
All I want for Christmas..........is for someone to beat the Bison in the playoffs.. Big difference from just wanting a bison loss. Bison have been exceptional these past few years. They've earned every win. They've earned every loss. But overall they've been exceptional. But even Bison fans know it can't go on forever. The big question is when will it end for them. We're still waiting...xlolx

Personally, I'm ok waiting a few years if possible :D

JSUSoutherner
December 17th, 2015, 11:06 AM
Personally, I'm ok waiting a few years if possible :D

I'm personally ok with waiting 3 more weeks. ;)

jacksfan29
December 17th, 2015, 11:08 AM
Odd how you don't see SDSU or UNI fans starting this thread. Pretty sure we are the two schools with the most to gain by NDSU stepping up. I'll speak for myself as an SDSU fan, I don't want NDSU to move up without us. An FCS and MVFC minus NDSU is not a division or conference I want SDSU playing in.

As for wanting them to lose? Nope, always root for a conference mate. Even ISUr and USD.

KPSUL
December 17th, 2015, 11:18 AM

Relying on UNI or SDSU to beat NDSU when it really counts is a strategy that doesn't seem to be working.

Thumper 76
December 17th, 2015, 11:20 AM
Relying on UNI or SDSU to beat NDSU when it really counts is a strategy that doesn't seem to be working.

Everyone else is doing a bang up job as well. How did UNH do the last time they tried?

IBleedYellow
December 17th, 2015, 11:21 AM
who is the contract between? honest question
P5 conferences, the six bowls that host the three rotating games per year and ESPN.

I'd assume the NCAA doesn't even have to sign off on it since it's not NCAA sponsored in any way shape or form.

KPSUL
December 17th, 2015, 11:37 AM
Everyone else is doing a bang up job as well. How did UNH do the last time they tried?

UNH beat a conference opponent that is now a Semi-finalist. The MVFC has been a paved super highway that goes straight through the Fargodome to Frisco.

Sycamore62
December 17th, 2015, 11:41 AM
P5 conferences, the six bowls that host the three rotating games per year and ESPN.

I'd assume the NCAA doesn't even have to sign off on it since it's not NCAA sponsored in any way shape or form.

the reason I ask is because I would bet that if there was a financial gain they would rework the contract with some more bowls and everyone would be ok with that

thebootfitter
December 17th, 2015, 11:51 AM
...Realistically if we went FBS we'd never have a chance to win a National Title ever again. None. Zilch.

I agree that we'd have virtually no shot at one of the four playoff spots as the playoffs stand now, but I don't agree that we'd never have a chance to win a title at the FBS level. An outside shot for sure, but if we can legitimately play at a top-25 level with 63 scholarships and our current resources, who is to say that with a few more scholarships and resources that we couldn't be a consistent top-25 team and occasionally have the stars align like we had in 2013? Imagine the team that year taken up a notch... We may only have an outside shot of a title at the highest level, but I wouldn't call it zilch.

UNHWildcat18
December 17th, 2015, 11:52 AM

First time playing in the Fargo dome and NDSU... As well as everyone else that year. Last year would have been a different story

IBleedYellow
I agree that we'd have virtually no shot at one of the four playoff spots as the playoffs stand now, but I don't agree that we'd never have a chance to win a title at the FBS level. An outside shot for sure, but if we can legitimately play at a top-25 level with 63 scholarships and our current resources, who is to say that with a few more scholarships and resources that we couldn't be a consistent top-25 team and occasionally have the stars align like we had in 2013? Imagine the team that year taken up a notch... We may only have an outside shot of a title at the highest level, but I wouldn't call it zilch.
Politics.

gregatim

Well, it may not get any easier than it is right now for some time. The first year or two of the deep playoff runs were not exactly stellar recruiting classes for NDSU. We've had a lot of attrition with those recruiting classes, that's why you're seeing such a young Bison squad this year. Since those first playoff runs and the lack of foresight on how to handle the recruiting, the staffs (Bohl and Klieman) have addressed that issue and we've been able to retain a much higher percentage of our recruits, higher quality recruits I might add. So don't expect NDSU to come back to the pack any time soon. I stole this research from Herd12 on Bisonville. We've lost 70% of our recruits from 2012 (those in red are no longer on the team), guys that should be significant contributors right now, without missing a beat. The future is still bright for NDSU.

Chuks Ameachi, 6-2, 202, OLB, Avondale (Westview), AZ 1/22/2012 scout.com
Justin Arp, 6-6, 220, TE/DE, Forman? (Sargent Central), ND 1/31/2012 Izzo or Kolpack
Marcus Brantley, 5-10, 180, ATH, Mesa (Red Mountain), AZ 1/31/2012 http://rivals.yahoo.com/arizonavarsi...rantley-108438
Jacob Davis, 6-3, 230, LB, Wichita, KS (Northwest) 1/27/2012 rivals.com
Deveon Dinwiddie, 5-8, 180, RB, Hutchinson, KS / Hutchinson CC 1/30/2012 the Forum
Demetrius "Dee" Gray, 6-4, 180, WR, Aurora (Waubonsie Valley), IL 1/2/2012 Kolpack twitter
Austin Farnlof, 6-2, 260, DL, Anthem (Boulder Creek), AZ 1/22/2012 Scout.com
Sam Hahn, 6-6, 260, OL, De Witt (Tri County), NE 1/30/2012 rivals
Zack Johnson, 6-5, 310 OL, Eagan (Eastview), MN 10/4/2011 WDAY's Izzo, assist by Kolpack
Landon Lechler, 6-7, 240, OL/DE/TE, Beach, ND Dom Izzo twitter
Bo Liekus, 6-0, 195, S, Bellevue (West), NE 11/29/2011 KVRR
Grant Maris, 6-1, 190, LB/RB, Gainesville, FL (walking on per Kolpack)
Derek McGinnis, 6-3, 200, QB, Crete, NE 12/14/2011 Forum/WDAY
Brett Pierce, 6-6, 250, DL, Richfield (Holy Angels), MN 1/25/2012 Rivals Dom Izzo twitter
Jack Plankers, 6-7, 290, OL, Kindred, ND 7/5/2011 WDAY
Zach Riopelle, 6-2, 215, LB, Warren-Alvarado-Oslo, MN 8/10/2011 WDAY/Forum, Kolpack/Izzo
Andy Smith, 6-0, 185, DB, Sioux Falls (Roosevelt), SD 10/18/2011 Terry V twitter
M.J. Stumpf, 6-2, 195, ATH, Harvey, ND 11/2/2011 via Kolpack's Twitter
DeSean Warren, 5-11, 150, WR, Overland Park, KS (Blue Valley West) 8/25/2011 Kolpack Tweet
Carey Woods, 6-0, 180, WR, Bemidji, MN 12/16/2011 Kolpack Twitter

IBleedYellow
December 17th, 2015, 12:07 PM
Well, it may not get any easier than it is right now for some time. The first year or two of the deep playoff runs were not exactly stellar recruiting classes for NDSU. We've had a lot of attrition with those recruiting classes, that's why you're seeing such a young Bison squad this year. Since those first playoff runs and the lack of foresight on how to handle the recruiting, the staffs (Bohl and Klieman) have addressed that issue and we've been able to retain a much higher percentage of our recruits, higher quality recruits I might add. So don't expect NDSU to come back to the pack any time soon. I stole this research from Herd12 on Bisonville. We've lost 70% of our recruits from 2012 (those in red are no longer on the team), guys that should be significant contributors right now, without missing a beat. The future is still bright for NDSU.

Chuks Ameachi, 6-2, 202, OLB, Avondale (Westview), AZ 1/22/2012 scout.com
Justin Arp, 6-6, 220, TE/DE, Forman? (Sargent Central), ND 1/31/2012 Izzo or Kolpack
Marcus Brantley, 5-10, 180, ATH, Mesa (Red Mountain), AZ 1/31/2012 http://rivals.yahoo.com/arizonavarsi...rantley-108438
Jacob Davis, 6-3, 230, LB, Wichita, KS (Northwest) 1/27/2012 rivals.com
Deveon Dinwiddie, 5-8, 180, RB, Hutchinson, KS / Hutchinson CC 1/30/2012 the Forum
Demetrius "Dee" Gray, 6-4, 180, WR, Aurora (Waubonsie Valley), IL 1/2/2012 Kolpack twitter
Austin Farnlof, 6-2, 260, DL, Anthem (Boulder Creek), AZ 1/22/2012 Scout.com
Sam Hahn, 6-6, 260, OL, De Witt (Tri County), NE 1/30/2012 rivals
Zack Johnson, 6-5, 310 OL, Eagan (Eastview), MN 10/4/2011 WDAY's Izzo, assist by Kolpack
Landon Lechler, 6-7, 240, OL/DE/TE, Beach, ND Dom Izzo twitter
Bo Liekus, 6-0, 195, S, Bellevue (West), NE 11/29/2011 KVRR
Grant Maris, 6-1, 190, LB/RB, Gainesville, FL (walking on per Kolpack)
Derek McGinnis, 6-3, 200, QB, Crete, NE 12/14/2011 Forum/WDAY
Brett Pierce, 6-6, 250, DL, Richfield (Holy Angels), MN 1/25/2012 Rivals Dom Izzo twitter
Jack Plankers, 6-7, 290, OL, Kindred, ND 7/5/2011 WDAY
Zach Riopelle, 6-2, 215, LB, Warren-Alvarado-Oslo, MN 8/10/2011 WDAY/Forum, Kolpack/Izzo
Andy Smith, 6-0, 185, DB, Sioux Falls (Roosevelt), SD 10/18/2011 Terry V twitter
M.J. Stumpf, 6-2, 195, ATH, Harvey, ND 11/2/2011 via Kolpack's Twitter
DeSean Warren, 5-11, 150, WR, Overland Park, KS (Blue Valley West) 8/25/2011 Kolpack Tweet
Carey Woods, 6-0, 180, WR, Bemidji, MN 12/16/2011 Kolpack Twitter
Holy...I forgot just how many that class lost.

Bisonator
December 17th, 2015, 12:10 PM

Couldn't agree more. Give me an expanded FBS playoff system, a conference like the MAC or MWC and the funding of the top teams in the G5 and there is no doubt NDSU would be more then competitive. It just isn't in the cards right now. I would say if a few more dominoes fall it will be in the not too distant future. Also one other point someone else brought up is the fact that there are too few schools at the FCS level that concentrate resources to football. Most are BB schools first and foremost and that's fine but stop whining about our dominance then and go watch your BB. It's kind of funny how so many fans say they don't like FBS because there is no chance of a winning the championship yet that's exactly the same in BB. How many teams outside the P5 have won a BB title?

URMite
December 17th, 2015, 12:11 PM
UNH beat a conference opponent that is now a Semi-finalist. The MVFC has been a paved super highway that goes straight through the Fargodome to Frisco.

That sounds like the makings of a great plan, MVFC & Non- MVFC working together to bring down The Bison.

Conference foes win enough to keep them from playing more than once at home. Non Conference then does their part and beats them away from Fargo.

Just might work...eventually.

jacksfan29
December 17th, 2015, 12:21 PM
First time playing in the Fargo dome and NDSU... As well as everyone else that year. Last year would have been a different story

That's why you got beat 52 - 14? And that was as well as everyone else that year? Northern Iowa almost knocked them off, in the dome in 2013. Heck, in 2013 Misery State had a better showing than UNH in the Fargo Dome. Last year would have been a different story? If it helps you sleep at night... go for it.

UNHWildcat18
December 17th, 2015, 12:30 PM
That's why you got beat 52 - 14? And that was as well as everyone else that year? Northern Iowa almost knocked them off, in the dome in 2013. Heck, in 2013 Misery State had a better showing than UNH in the Fargo Dome. Last year would have been a different story? If it helps you sleep at night... go for it.
Seeing as UNH would have only met NDSU in the NC last year and I dont care about how many NDSU fans showed up its a different story based on our teams skill last year vs the year when they got beat 52-14 also I wasn't referring to the normal teams they play but the playoffs teams that visited. I think coastal lost that year at NDSU 52-7

Mattymc727
December 17th, 2015, 12:30 PM

The point is all of FCS has an equal shot at dethroning NDSU. We don't need SDSU or UNI to come and be the savior. It could be anybody. NOBODY has done it yet, although UNI has to be considered the best at being able to at least give NDSU a scare every game.

BisonFan02
December 17th, 2015, 12:32 PM
Seeing as UNH would have only met NDSU in the NC last year and I dont care about how many NDSU fans showed up its a different story based on our teams skill last year vs the year when they got beat 52-14 also I wasn't referring to the normal teams they play but the playoffs teams that visited. I think coastal lost that year at NDSU 52-7

The best teams to play the Bison are always the ones that didn't and can cast a seed of doubt about whether or not they "would have/should have" won in Frisco. Nice loss to ISUr at home though! xthumbsupx

UNHWildcat18
December 17th, 2015, 12:35 PM
The best teams to play the Bison are always the ones that didn't and can cast a seed of doubt about whether or not they "would have/should have" won in Frisco. Nice loss to ISUr at home though! xthumbsupx

We lost 6 starters in that game by 3 min into the third quarter and missed two open TD's when we were already up 18-9. It was an awful way to go indeed. Not saying we would have beaten NDSU in the NC but it would have been just as competitive as ISUr was. That's all I'm saying

deez_na
December 17th, 2015, 12:39 PM
Sorry but no way in hell NH would have beat NDSU last year.

centennial
December 17th, 2015, 12:48 PM

I think they had a chance. Would they win? Probably not, but it is one game. The right breaks and they would win. No one in the NC game is a chump.

BisonFan02
December 17th, 2015, 12:53 PM
Topical......championships and FBS. Don't worry FCS fans, the FBS ranks haven't fared a whole lot better. :D

https://vimeo.com/139939175

UNHWildcat18
December 17th, 2015, 12:54 PM

You needed a 4-10 conversion then a score in the last 30 seconds to beat ISUr and we should have ran away with the game against them. Saying no chance is a little extreme

Sycamore62
December 17th, 2015, 12:55 PM

2 pick 6s would have worked

I think that if NDSU could move to the MAC and compete on a comparable level or even just be a contender every year for the championship, scheduled legit OOC but make them beatable teams like the lower Big 10 teams who cant schedule FCS anymore, you could go undefeated and be way more visible than they are now. And at some point an undefeated MAC team will make a playoff or really any G5 conference. im not sure where the finances fall. your full dome holds enough people to get all the fans from half their schools in it. hell my basement could hold a Ball State crowd in it if I move my porn stash out of the way

BisonFan02
December 17th, 2015, 12:58 PM

I think that if NDSU could move to the MAC and compete on a comparable level or even just be a contender every year for the championship, scheduled legit OOC but make them beatable teams like the lower Big 10 teams who cant schedule FCS anymore, you could go undefeated and be way more visible than they are now. And at some point an undefeated MAC team will make a playoff or really any G5 conference. im not sure where the finances fall. your full dome holds enough people to get all the fans from half their schools in it. hell my basement could hold a Ball State crowd in it if I move my porn stash out of the way

....and that invite isn't coming. Hell...they would take ISUr first because, like, Illinois and stuff. :D

Bisonator
December 17th, 2015, 12:59 PM
We lost 6 starters in that game by 3 min into the third quarter and missed two open TD's when we were already up 18-9. It was an awful way to go indeed. Not saying we would have beaten NDSU in the NC but it would have been just as competitive as ISUr was. That's all I'm saying
We'll never know.

BisonFan02
December 17th, 2015, 01:01 PM
We'll never know.

Seeds of doubt....talking points. *insert school here* could beat NDSU if *insert reason they lost/didn't play here*.

UNHWildcat18
December 17th, 2015, 01:08 PM
We'll never know.

Indeed, can't change the past. Hopefully we will be back to deep playoffs runs soon.

SUPharmacist
December 17th, 2015, 01:10 PM
You needed a 4-10 conversion then a score in the last 30 seconds to beat ISUr and we should have ran away with the game against them. Saying no chance is a little extreme

If you should have ran away with that game against ISUr, why did you lose? NDSU was beatable last year and is again this year, but until somebody in the playoffs shows up and does it they will have a big psychological advantage. Many would say they should have beat EWU a few years back, but since they didn't we have no argument to make about their ability to win the title that year

deez_na
December 17th, 2015, 01:15 PM
I wasn't exactly serious, just trying to fire some of you up :D. In all honesty I do think NDSU beats NH last year but i guess we'll never know.

KPSUL
December 17th, 2015, 01:17 PM
The most important factor in NDSU incredible run over the last 5 years has been their total dominance in conference play, From 2011 thru 2015 they are 41-4 against MVFC opponents. Their regular season OOC record is equally good 11-1; however, with the exception of Montana twice, their OOC opponents have been in the lower half of FCS competition, and that's being generous.
Weber St (2), Incarnate Word, Delaware St., Rob Morris, Praire View, Lafayette, St Francis and Ferris St (Div II ?) So realistically, it was up to the MVFC teams to have at least thrown a few speed bumps in their path. However .8 conference losses per year just didn't get the job done. NDSU dominance against their MVFC brethren, is the single most significant factor in why they have not played a single playoff game on the road in the 5 year period. So Sorry, SDSU, (0-6 vs NDSU in the last 5 seasons) we don't look to you to be our best hope for ending the historic streak.

UNHWildcat18
December 17th, 2015, 01:18 PM
I wasn't exactly serious, just trying to fire some of you up :D. In all honesty I do think NDSU beats NH last year but i guess we'll never know.

Oh yeah I would have favored NDSU as well, it's just a small amount of your fans who say oh a healthy UNH team still would have been blown out is infuriating lol 2013 totally different story, you guys curb stomped us. I'm thrilled to see you guys play another CAA team this year. I wish our conferences played more OOC games together

deez_na
December 17th, 2015, 01:20 PM
Oh yeah I would have favored NDSU as well, it's just a small amount of your fans who say oh a healthy UNH team still would have been blown out is infuriating lol 2013 totally different story, you guys curb stomped us. I'm thrilled to see you guys play another CAA team this year. I wish our conferences played more OOC games together

I wish we could see more of these matchups earlier on if the NCAA ever mixed it up instead of all this regionalizing crap.

Bison56
December 17th, 2015, 01:21 PM

I would like to be invited to see the stash.xnodx

BisonBacker
December 17th, 2015, 01:30 PM

That's pretty easy to just throw out there when you can't prove it. Just saying.

344Johnson
December 17th, 2015, 01:31 PM
Couldn't agree more. Give me an expanded FBS playoff system, a conference like the MAC or MWC and the funding of the top teams in the G5 and there is no doubt NDSU would be more then competitive. It just isn't in the cards right now. I would say if a few more dominoes fall it will be in the not too distant future. Also one other point someone else brought up is the fact that there are too few schools at the FCS level that concentrate resources to football. Most are BB schools first and foremost and that's fine but stop whining about our dominance then and go watch your BB. It's kind of funny how so many fans say they don't like FBS because there is no chance of a winning the championship yet that's exactly the same in BB. How many teams outside the P5 have won a BB title?

Butler was twice a runner up.
Memphis was a runner up.
Unlv won in '90.
Utah runner up in '98.
Houston was twice runner up but that was back in the SWC days?

Indiana St runner up as well.

Much more doable in basketball than football.

BisonBacker
December 17th, 2015, 01:35 PM

Yeah because we know the MAC wants NDSU in after we throttled their league champion 44-14 back in 2007 :D

iowastatebison
December 17th, 2015, 01:38 PM
The most important factor in NDSU incredible run over the last 5 years has been their total dominance in conference play, From 2011 thru 2015 they are 36-4 against MVFC opponents (4-0 in playoffs). Their regular season OOC record is equally good 11-1 (15-1); however, with the exception of Montana twice, their FCS OOC opponents have been in the lower half of FCS competition, and that's being generous.
Weber St (2), Incarnate Word, Delaware St., Rob Morris, Praire View, Lafayette, St Francis, North Dakota, and Ferris St (Div II ?) (Iowa State, Kansas State, Colorado St, Minn) So realistically, it was up to the MVFC teams to have at least thrown a few speed bumps in their path. However .8 conference losses per year just didn't get the job done. NDSU dominance against their MVFC brethren, is the single most significant factor in why they have not played a single playoff game on the road in the 5 year period. So Sorry, SDSU, (0-7 vs NDSU in the last 5 seasons) we don't look to you to be our best hope for ending the historic streak.

Doesn't change anything you said, just wanted to clear up some of the numbers to make them consistent.

gregatim
December 17th, 2015, 01:43 PM
Doesn't change anything you said, just wanted to clear up some of the numbers to make them consistent.

I'd say adding a 4-0 mark against FBS teams in OOC play during that stretch changes KPSUL's comments significantly. Interestingly, the FBS group has the lowest winning percentage in that group though xlolx

iowastatebison
December 17th, 2015, 01:49 PM
I don't know. The point of KPSUL's comments is that the MVFC teams need to beat NDSU to keep NDSU from getting home field through out the playoffs because other FCS teams don't get the chance to. And that isn't happening. I think even if we lose those FBS games, NDSU still has home field through out the playoffs the past five years.

Ivytalk
December 17th, 2015, 02:06 PM
NDSU: The Mount Union of FCS.

Meant as a compliment, by the way.

THE HERD
December 17th, 2015, 02:09 PM

On a side note, I'm interested to see how the Bison fans handle the loss whenever it comes.

When we lose the majority of us will have no problem with it, don't get me wrong we will be disappointed, but after winning 4 Natty's in a row(possibly 5) coupled with how young this Bison team is, we know we will be right back contending for a title. Now will we go on another four or five in a row run....most likely not, but one thing is for sure we will be in there scrapping and clawing for everyone we can get!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2015, 02:28 PM
We lost a couple times this season. The world didn't end.

Professor Chaos
December 17th, 2015, 02:39 PM
I really think the vast majority of the Bison fan base will not take it very hard at all when the Bison eventually do lose in the playoffs (of course as everyone knows this depends highly on the nature of the loss). I think ever since that 2013 NDSU team finished the year as undefeated three-peat national champs most Bison fans have been ultra-paranoid about when "the end of the run" will be. I'll never forget the mood in the parking lot after that Towson game. The previous two years it had been jubilation but that year it was almost somber after the game because we thought we had reached "the end". Nearly two years later the team is still going but so is that fan paranoia.

Personally for me, when it ends (whenever that is) I'm going to enjoy sitting back and looking at what all the team that I cheer for has accomplished since this magical run began. It's like when you're on a heater at the craps table, while it's happening you just enjoy the ride and it's not until they clear all the chips off the table after a crap out do you look down at your chip stack and say "HOLY ****!" I guess that moral of that analogy is one loss can end the run but it won't take anything away from what NDSU accomplished while they were on it.

Sycamore62
December 17th, 2015, 03:17 PM
We lost a couple times this season. The world didn't end.

It sure seemed like it was going to for 6 days.

Sycamore62
December 17th, 2015, 03:19 PM
I would like to be invited to see the stash.xnodx

well now that we have an internet (here) its obsolete but im ready for a Y2K type outage.

1992Bison
December 17th, 2015, 03:24 PM
As long as we have coach Kramer the march is on

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2015, 03:29 PM
As long as we have coach Kramer the march is on
This isn't far off

BEAR
December 17th, 2015, 03:37 PM
Makes me wonder when this whole thing will turn into a Miami or SMU type story on 30 for 30....xlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2015, 03:44 PM
Makes me wonder when this whole thing will turn into a Miami or SMU type story on 30 for 30....xlolx

sounds like the Grizzlies bitterness.

Bison56
December 17th, 2015, 03:53 PM
Wont have an issue when they lose, if its Friday, or the ship, or whenever, its a game not life or death. What I think about is all the people just waiting to pile it on when it does happen. Those are the people I feel sorry for.

IBleedYellow
December 17th, 2015, 03:55 PM
My selfish reason that I hope we don't lose tomorrow night: I booked everything last Sat after we beat UNI. I don't want those reservations to go to waste, honestly.

If it does, then crap.

BisonFan02
December 17th, 2015, 03:58 PM
My selfish reason that I hope we don't lose tomorrow night: I booked everything last Sat after we beat UNI. I don't want those reservations to go to waste, honestly.

If it does, then crap.

Totally your fault if the Bison lose now.....thanks a lot dick! xlolx

Sycamore62
December 17th, 2015, 04:02 PM

****, FCS aint getting more than a segment on Outside the Lines

Scooter
December 17th, 2015, 04:12 PM

The only way that UNH would have won the national championship last year is to have NDSU's plane go down on the way to Frisco.

UNHWildcat18
December 17th, 2015, 04:25 PM
The only way that UNH would have won the national championship last year is to have NDSU's plane go down on the way to Frisco.

Hush you old coot

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 17th, 2015, 04:33 PM

Honestly, good question.

This '15 team is really young. There are a lot of FR, RFR and So that are on the two deep right now.

With NDSU going with the FCOA for all programs in the athletic department, I do not expect a drop off in football. Maybe not NC every year but at least playoffs every year.

BisonBacker
December 17th, 2015, 04:44 PM
Wont have an issue when they lose, if its Friday, or the ship, or whenever, its a game not life or death. What I think about is all the people just waiting to pile it on when it does happen. Those are the people I feel sorry for.

This is spot on.

Yote 53
December 17th, 2015, 04:48 PM
Checked my Christmas Wish List and noticed this box had been checked off on October 17th.

Good luck Bison. Win another one this year. We'll be seeing you on November 19, 2016. Looking forward to it.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 17th, 2015, 04:50 PM
Checked my Christmas Wish List and noticed this box had been checked off on October 17th.

Good luck Bison. Win another one this year. We'll be seeing you on November 19, 2016. Looking forward to it.

Has the Nielson hire got yote nation excited?

Yote 53
December 17th, 2015, 04:54 PM
Has the Nielson hire got yote nation excited?

Yeah. That's an understatement.

It's not just the hiring, it's finding out about the money paid out on his contract, that we're actually going to pay out for a quality staff, that Dome renovations are on the verge of happening once our other building projects are complete, and that we'll be offering COA on top of it all. The hum around the entire athletic department is palpable but especially surrounding football right now. It didn't hurt beating the Bison in Fargo this year. Everybody feels we're right on the verge of breaking out.

Bisonator
December 17th, 2015, 04:55 PM

Something tells me the Bison will be up for that one.xthumbsupx

Neighbor2
December 17th, 2015, 05:08 PM
I'd like to see the "Bizon' fall this weekend. It could happen, by the way. Richmond looks really solid. I'll be rooting for them.

To be blunt, some 'Bizon' fans have been a little too full of themselves over the past few years. Maybe that comes with the neighborhood, I wouldn't know. I just find it classless sometimes. I think a 'humbling' is good every now and then.

How 'bout now, Spiders?

caribbeanhen
December 17th, 2015, 05:11 PM

Well Said!

Bisonator
December 17th, 2015, 05:25 PM
I'd like to see the "Bizon' fall this weekend. It could happen, by the way. Richmond looks really solid. I'll be rooting for them.

To be blunt, some 'Bizon' fans have been a little too full of themselves over the past few years. Maybe that comes with the neighborhood, I wouldn't know. I just find it classless sometimes. I think a 'humbling' is good every now and then.

How 'bout now, Spiders?
No argument here but I'd say there have been some from other fans who's teams haven't done **** that do the same so to each there own I guess. I'd say most is just smack so why take it so seriously?

Bisonator
December 17th, 2015, 05:26 PM
Well Said!
Right on cue. Keep clucking caribeanhen! xlolx

Neighbor2
December 17th, 2015, 05:43 PM
No argument here but I'd say there have been some from other fans who's teams haven't done **** that do the same so to each there own I guess. I'd say most is just smack so why take it so seriously?

I'll say this. No two teams have the same circumstance of operation. Not the same opportunity to 'achieve that brass ring.' The best example, right now, is probably Lafayette. The support they get from their administration, their community, their local media, their admittance guidelines, etc. simply SUCKS, as compared to their FCS 'brethren.' They play with one hand tied behind their back, and they are not alone. I can remember a few years ago when Lafayette went down to Appalachian State and gave Appy a battle they never expected. It was a loss, but a huge win, just the same.

Your opponents, including those with lousy records, DID do *****!

The playing field is NOT equal! You folks have a great thing going out there. It's high level, for this division. Enjoy, but understand. There's smack, and there's juvenile smack. That's all.

caribbeanhen
December 17th, 2015, 06:14 PM
Right on cue. Keep clucking caribeanhen! xlolx

Listen do ya wanna know a secret. promise not ta tell......
I think Bison fans in general are a class act! 1 bad apple dont spoil the whole bunch of girls

Bisonator
December 17th, 2015, 06:57 PM
I'll say this. No two teams have the same circumstance of operation. Not the same opportunity to 'achieve that brass ring.' The best example, right now, is probably Lafayette. The support they get from their administration, their community, their local media, their admittance guidelines, etc. simply SUCKS, as compared to their FCS 'brethren.' They play with one hand tied behind their back, and they are not alone. I can remember a few years ago when Lafayette went down to Appalachian State and gave Appy a battle they never expected. It was a loss, but a huge win, just the same.

Your opponents, including those with lousy records, DID do *****!

The playing field is NOT equal! You folks have a great thing going out there. It's high level, for this division. Enjoy, but understand. There's smack, and there's juvenile smack. That's all.
Like I said before each has their own priorities. I don't see the need to whine about others success and hope they fall back to a lower level so my team could compete. I'd rather my team got there act together and raised their level of play. Guess there's 2 ways of looking at the situation.

Bisonator
December 17th, 2015, 06:59 PM
Listen do ya wanna know a secret. promise not ta tell......
I think Bison fans in general are a class act! 1 bad apple dont spoil the whole bunch of girls

Same reason I don't judge UD's fan base on one fan.xthumbsupx

KPSUL
December 17th, 2015, 07:00 PM
I'd say adding a 4-0 mark against FBS teams in OOC play during that stretch changes KPSUL's comments significantly. Interestingly, the FBS group has the lowest winning percentage in that group though xlolx

It certainly is impressive, but are you saying those 4 victories were more significant than the 40 over conference opponents?

Scooter
December 17th, 2015, 07:04 PM
It certainly is impressive, but are you saying those 4 victories were more significant than the 40 over conference opponents?

the past two seasons the MVFC has very few non conference FCS losses. Do you even have a point?

KPSUL
December 17th, 2015, 07:12 PM
the past two seasons the MVFC has very few non conference FCS losses. Do you even have a point?

Enlighten us, what is yours? Mine is that the MVFC failed to effectively challenge NDSU over the last 5 years, and that is the main reason why they played ALL their playoffs games at home.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 17th, 2015, 07:16 PM
Enlighten us, what is yours? Mine is that the MVFC failed to effectively challenge NDSU over the last 5 years, and that is the main reason why they played ALL their playoffs games at home.

Regionalization in the playoffs has hampered a team like SDSU, that might have won a NC last year but had to go thru the Bison in the playoffs. Winning OOC games and FBS games has also helped.

How about this little nugget?

The Bison have been very good and taken care of business to earn home field during the playoffs. Got some luck this year with Richmond beating ISU for a 3rd game at the FD.

PantherRob82
December 17th, 2015, 07:20 PM
Same reason I don't judge UD's fan base on one fan.xthumbsupx

Delaware still has fans? xlolx

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, we beat them last year. At some point someone else needs to do something. Plenty of teams get their chance.

Bisonator
December 17th, 2015, 07:41 PM

I'd say the MVFC has done a better job the last 5 years then most considering 4 of the 5 losses were to MVFC teams.

KPSUL
December 17th, 2015, 07:41 PM
Delaware still has fans? xlolx

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, we beat them last year. At some point someone else needs to do something. Plenty of teams get their chance.

Agreed. If other conference teams had played them as tough as UNI, they might have had more conference losses, and therefore, a few playoff games on the road in the last 5 years.

Scooter
December 17th, 2015, 07:47 PM

So the best conference in the FCS hasn't effectively challenged the Bison. Putting NDSU in a different albeit weaker conference would have changed the results? I think not. If you want to play at home then dominate your conference.

Richmond is a good team. If the Bison don't come out prepared they will get beat. Richmond looks like they can hang physically with NDSU so it will be a good test for the Bison. If the Spiders win I will be watching the National Championship game and cheering for them to win it all.

Wilson16
December 17th, 2015, 07:57 PM
A whole lot of penis envy going on in this thread

URMite
December 17th, 2015, 08:02 PM
So the best conference in the FCS hasn't effectively challenged the Bison. Putting NDSU in a different albeit weaker conference would have changed the results? I think not. If you want to play at home then dominate your conference.

Richmond is a good team. If the Bison don't come out prepared they will get beat. Richmond looks like they can hang physically with NDSU so it will be a good test for the Bison. If the Spiders win I will be watching the National Championship game and cheering for them to win it all.

You will notice who is not complaining about NDSU playing at home...

Wilson16
December 17th, 2015, 08:04 PM
Do your job the whole season and that takes care of itself.

MacThor
December 17th, 2015, 08:09 PM
This here.

Good comparison with the NFL. I hate the Pats but do not think it is bad for the NFL. The other teams need to step up and beat them. Come up with a good game plan and execute. IMO, the Bison QB, Wentz, would be a good fit in NE. Big, athletic QB that can make all the NFL throws.....good fit IMO. Geez...then I would have to start liking the Pats....xcrazyx:D

I missed the Patriots' 4 Super Bowls in a row streak. When was that again?

Scooter
December 17th, 2015, 08:23 PM

Jesus Christ. Let's just pass out participation ribbons and vaginas for everyone. You want a win against the Bison then do it. They aren't unbeatable. When they do lose, the world will not come to an end, even in Fargo.

Bison56
December 17th, 2015, 09:23 PM
Jesus Christ. Let's just pass out participation ribbons and vaginas for everyone. You want a win against the Bison then do it. They aren't unbeatable. When they do lose, the world will not come to an end, even in Fargo.

I will take a vagina!

tribefan40
December 17th, 2015, 09:36 PM
Pretty sure the NCAA by-laws require a 5 time champion to sit out the next season, and for the entire team to write, "I will not keep winning" 1000 times.

I'm hoping for good games, no injuries.

spdram
December 17th, 2015, 09:39 PM
I'm hoping for a Spider win, and believe it is possible -- but a Spider win will be an upset. The NDSU streak will end and tomorrow is as good as any time. Our nickname from the talking heads has been Giant Killers, coming from basketball wins, but we've achieved similar in football. Enjoyed most of the Bison fans, stay classy, the streak will end.

Green1
December 17th, 2015, 10:50 PM
Pretty sure the NCAA by-laws require a 5 time champion to sit out the next season, and for the entire sub-division to write, "I will not keep whining" 1000 times.

FIFY

Missingnumber7
December 17th, 2015, 11:38 PM
I'm hoping for a Spider win, and believe it is possible -- but a Spider win will be an upset. The NDSU streak will end and tomorrow is as good as any time. Our nickname from the talking heads has been Giant Killers, coming from basketball wins, but we've achieved similar in football. Enjoyed most of the Bison fans, stay classy, the streak will end.

That's the difference between NDSU and everyone else right now. I haven't been to, watched, or listened to a game (ok maybe KState, and Iowa St but not upset worthy) in the last 4 years that I haven't thought that NDSU was going to win or at least have a pretty good chance at winning. And there are maybe a 2 dozen where I would be over the top enthralled with the win. But other than that, I think we have a good chance if not better against every other College football team. But that's where my team is at right now. Going back 5 years I thought that team never had a sniff at the playoffs ( I mean who loses to Missery St) But its where I am right now. I actually get joy out of threads like this to know that my team is king of the hill. I'm gonna sit on top and pelt you with snow balls while you try to knock my team off, knowing that every run by every team after this will be compared to this run.

Silenoz
December 18th, 2015, 12:08 AM

Yeah, good luck with that. We'll never get out of our own way.

Silenoz
December 18th, 2015, 12:09 AM
And the OP made a valid point, lost in all the defensive-ness of Bison fans. Our level doesn't appear to be quite as pathetic as DIII to the casual observer, but it's getting there. That's not NDSU's fault. It's everyone else's fault.

PantherRob82
December 18th, 2015, 12:14 AM
Go Bison!

Green1
December 18th, 2015, 01:53 AM
Go Bison!

I like this guy! :)

URMite
December 18th, 2015, 06:32 AM
My point was that I was amused that with all the people complaining that NDSU gets to play at home, none of them are fans of the team having to play in Fargo today. Not sure how that translates into participation ribbons...

URMite
December 18th, 2015, 06:34 AM
I will take a vagina!
You may have to see a surgeon for that...be careful what you wish for.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 18th, 2015, 06:36 AM
Beat the Bison?

Have a very good OL and DL. If Stick is playing, make him beat you with his arm.

Sycamore62
December 18th, 2015, 08:07 AM
Beat the every football team ever?

Have a very good OL and DL.

Fixed it

TwinCitiesBison
December 18th, 2015, 08:08 AM
Beat the Bison?

Have a very good OL and DL. If Stick is playing, make him beat you with his arm.

Also, make sure your Special Teams are on top of their game...one slip up and the Bison will make you pay. Very underrated key to the game tonight.

BEAR
December 18th, 2015, 08:15 AM
What's the time and media for the game tonight?

BisonBacker
December 18th, 2015, 08:41 AM
I will take a vagina!

I'm guessing by the time you'd get it 56 it'd be all stretched and soaked xlolx

ur2k
December 18th, 2015, 08:42 AM
ESPN2 8PM Eastern

BisonFan02
December 18th, 2015, 08:43 AM
What's the time and media for the game tonight?

ESPN2 at 7pm central time.

BisonBacker
December 18th, 2015, 08:44 AM
Go Bison!
Reppies given for this post xthumbsupx

BisonBacker
December 18th, 2015, 08:45 AM
**** I don't even know why I"m at work there isn't going to be anything getting done today :D

Sycamore62
December 18th, 2015, 09:02 AM
**** I don't even know why I"m at work there isn't going to be anything getting done today :D

that's what I say every day

Missingnumber7
December 18th, 2015, 09:21 AM
Go Bison!

Ok...who hacked Rob?

BEAR
December 18th, 2015, 09:22 AM
ESPN2 at 7pm central time.

Thanks! Time to head to The Draft with some friends to watch some GOOD football!

PantherRob82
December 18th, 2015, 10:03 AM
Ok...who hacked Rob?

I can't recall a time that I cheered against the Bison, other than when you were playing us for a lost would benefit us in the standings or something. I love to hate you guys but I do have a bison shirt that I think is from the two-time national champions.

Missingnumber7
December 18th, 2015, 10:12 AM
I can't recall a time that I cheered against the Bison, other than when you were playing us for a lost would benefit us in the standings or something. I love to hate you guys but I do have a bison shirt that I think is from the two-time national champions.

I feel the same way about UNI...was just giving you some guff.

PantherRob82
December 18th, 2015, 10:14 AM
I feel the same way about UNI...was just giving you some guff.

I see your guff and raise you a ribbing. xlolx

1992Bison
December 18th, 2015, 10:15 AM
No kidding. This work **** sucks.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 18th, 2015, 10:15 AM

You're better than me. I hate the Panthers. I don't hate a lot of UNI folks, just the team.

Jackal
December 18th, 2015, 10:17 AM

It's not just the hiring, it's finding out about the money paid out on his contract, that we're actually going to pay out for a quality staff, that Dome renovations are on the verge of happening once our other building projects are complete, and that we'll be offering COA on top of it all. The hum around the entire athletic department is palpable but especially surrounding football right now. It didn't hurt beating the Bison in Fargo this year. Everybody feels we're right on the verge of breaking out.
I recall USD fans saying something very similar when you hired Glenn. 4 years and 35 losses later here you are again.....

Southern Bison
December 18th, 2015, 10:18 AM
And the OP made a valid point, lost in all the defensive-ness of Bison fans. Our level doesn't appear to be quite as pathetic as DIII to the casual observer, but it's getting there. That's not NDSU's fault. It's everyone else's fault.

We have a winner with that last sentence!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

NoDak 4 Ever
December 18th, 2015, 10:22 AM
We have a winner with that last sentence!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

of course. It's absolutely about using every resource available. There were many years when NDSU was one of the few fully funded DII teams. When they cut scholarships, they brought us down to everybody's level. We were fully funded right when we could at IAA/FCS. Now with FCOA, we are also using every resource available.

Coaches salaries, institutional support, recruiting, community. NDSU is supported 100% and does everything it can to win. Very few schools can say that. There is always a deficiency somewhere.

As was said, that's not our fault.

UNIFanSince1983
December 18th, 2015, 10:25 AM
of course. It's absolutely about using every resource available. There were many years when NDSU was one of the few fully funded DII teams. When they cut scholarships, they brought us down to everybody's level. We were fully funded right when we could at IAA/FCS. Now with FCOA, we are also using every resource available.

Coaches salaries, institutional support, recruiting, community. NDSU is supported 100% and does everything it can to win. Very few schools can say that. There is always a deficiency somewhere.

As was said, that's not our fault.

No not your fault at all, but fair to mention that not many FCS schools are the premiere institution in their state. There are a few like in Texas and California that wouldn't even be like 7th fiddle in their own state. Again not NDSU's fault, but just think it is fair to mention.

BisonFan02
December 18th, 2015, 10:28 AM

Bandwagoner..... xlolx

F'N Hawks
December 18th, 2015, 10:29 AM

I am more interested to hear about his assistants salary pool. How can USD afford to bump their HC that much and bump the assistants the requisite amount? From what I have heard about Nielson, he more than likely took the money for himself and the assistant pool stayed the same as it was. Would like confirmation, though.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 18th, 2015, 10:32 AM
No not your fault at all, but fair to mention that not many FCS schools are the premiere institution in their state. There are a few like in Texas and California that wouldn't even be like 7th fiddle in their own state. Again not NDSU's fault, but just think it is fair to mention.

Yet that basketball team of yours gets a lot of dough.

BisonFan02
December 18th, 2015, 10:41 AM

Someone crunched the numbers once, but NDSU's entire cost fke FCOA would be covered just with the salary difference in men's bball coach salary (Richman versus Jacobsen.....and yeah UNI fans...."in before" you tell me that is needed to be a competitor in the mighty MVC :D )

Jackal
December 18th, 2015, 10:44 AM
I am more interested to hear about his assistants salary pool. How can USD afford to bump their HC that much and bump the assistants the requisite amount? From what I have heard about Nielson, he more than likely took the money for himself and the assistant pool stayed the same as it was. Would like confirmation, though.
They're sticking it to their students: http://volanteonline.com/2015/02/student-fees-increase-pending-approval/

UNIFanSince1983
December 18th, 2015, 10:48 AM

Did not mention my team at all. I am aware that due to all the success of our basketball team we have turned into a basketball school more than a football school. I say we are doing pretty well for ourselves football wise for being a basketball school. Which by the way these things do not need to be mutually exclusive. I don't think I would trade our basketball coach and success for a NC in football. BTW I think it is possible to get one even when football is 2nd in the chain at UNI.

gregatim
December 18th, 2015, 10:50 AM

Great question! I had to ponder this one for a bit before I answered, but in the end. No, I can't say those 4 wins are more significant simply because without a conference championship there is no chance for home field throughout the playoffs. Every year, the Bison set a conference championship as their #1 goal for that very reason. Playing at home throughout the playoffs is such a huge advantage for everyone. In the last 2 weeks, Richmond will lose 3 days ahead of the Bison game just to travel.

So, to answer your question, no, certainly not more significant than dominating our conference, but losses in some those games, particularly in 2011 and 2012, could have impacted whether or not we were guaranteed home games in the semifinals or not.

Bearkat-Backer
December 18th, 2015, 11:07 AM
The only reason I would want a Bison loss is if they are playing the Kats. Otherwise I couldn't care less.

PantherRob82
December 18th, 2015, 12:08 PM
You're better than me.

I know. :D

NoDak 4 Ever
December 18th, 2015, 12:22 PM
Did not mention my team at all. I am aware that due to all the success of our basketball team we have turned into a basketball school more than a football school. I say we are doing pretty well for ourselves football wise for being a basketball school. Which by the way these things do not need to be mutually exclusive. I don't think I would trade our basketball coach and success for a NC in football. BTW I think it is possible to get one even when football is 2nd in the chain at UNI.

Yes but one of the common complaints for your fans is that you are way down the chain looping in Missouri, Illinois, Minnesota, et. al.

That and the FCOA whinging going on.

thebootfitter
December 18th, 2015, 12:57 PM
Great question! I had to ponder this one for a bit before I answered, but in the end. No, I can't say those 4 wins are more significant simply because without a conference championship there is no chance for home field throughout the playoffs. Every year, the Bison set a conference championship as their #1 goal for that very reason. Playing at home throughout the playoffs is such a huge advantage for everyone. In the last 2 weeks, Richmond will lose 3 days ahead of the Bison game just to travel.

So, to answer your question, no, certainly not more significant than dominating our conference, but losses in some those games, particularly in 2011 and 2012, could have impacted whether or not we were guaranteed home games in the semifinals or not.
Winning the MVFC doesn't guarantee home field throughout the playoffs. If that is your basis, then the four wins might be more significant, because they probably had more to do with the high seeds than the conference play. Or at least as much as. Even this year, a share of the conference title meant we might have to go on the road.

Mayville Bison
December 18th, 2015, 01:10 PM
This thread 7 out of 10

Needs more Casey's Pizza talk

Bearkat-Backer
December 18th, 2015, 01:13 PM
This thread 7 out of 10

6.5, there is a half point deduction for lack of decibel references.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

JSUSoutherner
December 18th, 2015, 01:28 PM
This thread 7 out of 10

Probably a dumb question, but are you talking about Casey's the gas station?

Bison56
December 18th, 2015, 01:30 PM

Yes to both your questions.:D

JSUSoutherner
December 18th, 2015, 01:31 PM

Both? I asked one.

Mayville Bison
December 18th, 2015, 01:37 PM

What he said, haha

PantherRob82
December 18th, 2015, 01:44 PM
Haha. Band nerds. xlolx

Sycamore62
December 18th, 2015, 01:58 PM
You're better than me. I hate the Panthers. I don't hate a lot of UNI folks, just the team.

You're better than me. I hate all of you equally. I hate all of your teams and all of your folks. I just act nice to your faces. Its challenging to flip off the screen and type every post on here but I manage.

Missingnumber7
December 18th, 2015, 03:13 PM
You're better than me. I hate all of you equally. I hate all of your teams and all of your folks. I just act nice to your faces. Its challenging to flip off the screen and type every post on here but I manage.

Aww how cute...and you can now return to irrelevance much like you were before you had a good RB for a couple of years.

JSUSoutherner
December 18th, 2015, 03:23 PM
Aww how cute...and you can now return to irrelevance much like you were before you had a good RB for a couple of years.

The savagery....

TypicalTribe
December 18th, 2015, 08:11 PM
I don't have a single negative thing to say about NDSU, the fans or the program overall.

It is impressive to watch but after almost five years, I hate to say it, but it's booooring.

PantherRob82
December 18th, 2015, 08:13 PM
Santa says "no".

TypicalTribe
December 18th, 2015, 08:32 PM
Switched over to Mt Union and St Thomas a while ago.

Catsfan90
December 18th, 2015, 08:36 PM
Switched over to Mt Union and St Thomas a while ago.

I'm there for halftime! Great game.

mvemjsunpx
December 18th, 2015, 08:49 PM
I don't have a single negative thing to say about NDSU, the fans or the program overall.

It is impressive to watch but after almost five years, I hate to say it, but it's booooring.

Exactly. It's become even worse than the Youngstown/Marshall dichotomy in the '90s.

DaBizon
December 18th, 2015, 10:05 PM
BooHoo...step up your game and quitchya bitchin

Sycamore62
December 18th, 2015, 11:48 PM

I don't think it will happen. Our best season happened without him. He was a beneficiary of 2 pretty good quarterbacks.

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
December 19th, 2015, 01:57 AM
You may have to see a surgeon for that...be careful what you wish for.

Hey he could win woman of the year.....

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 19th, 2015, 07:56 AM

What are they doing exactly to the DakotaDome? Are they trying to add a few seats? I wish they would have made the FD to its original specs of a 27K seat stadium.

Is USD doing FCOA for all programs?

Paying the assistants a good salary is huge. That is why Klieman came to NDSU. He got more pay as a position coach (DBs) compared to being the DC at UNI.

Da Herd
December 19th, 2015, 09:39 AM
I don't think a lot of people understand how hard the Bison's staff and team work. They live, sleep, breathe, and eat football. My little brother was a grad assistant on the staff for a couple years (went with Bohl to Wyo). He asked for a cot for Christmas from my parents so he could sleep in his office. He worked every waking hour 7 days a week to chop up game film and assist with recruiting. Worked right though the holidays. I don't have a clue what other programs are doing but I would be shocked of 5% are putting in the work that the bison staff does.

Professor Chaos
December 19th, 2015, 10:30 AM
I guess the rest of the FCS is still on the naughty list....

Houndawg
December 19th, 2015, 10:41 AM
I tend to agree with this. It isnt like NDSU is waltzing into championships and winning them. They don't have some crazy advantage over everyone else.

Fact of the matter is that they are the best team in FCS. If you want to be the best, beat the best. It's that's simple.

It doesn't hurt that there aren't any D1 programs in the State, but I wouldn't call that a crazy advantage, especially given the State doesn't have the population of a medium-sized city. It can't be easy to try to get kids to come to Fargo, ND, for years at a time.

Houndawg
December 19th, 2015, 10:44 AM
I don't think a lot of people understand how hard the Bison's staff and team work. They live, sleep, breathe, and eat football. My little brother was a grad assistant on the staff for a couple years (went with Bohl to Wyo). He asked for a cot for Christmas from my parents so he could sleep in his office. He worked every waking hour 7 days a week to chop up game film and assist with recruiting. Worked right though the holidays. I don't have a clue what other programs are doing but I would be shocked of 5% are putting in the work that the bison staff does.

What else is there to do...:D

BisonFan02
December 19th, 2015, 10:45 AM
It doesn't hurt that there aren't any D1 programs in the State, but I wouldn't call that a crazy advantage, especially given the State doesn't have the population of a medium-sized city. It can't be easy to try to get kids to come to Fargo, ND, for years at a time.

Totally agree....it sure doesn't hurt that NDSU doesn't have to compete with any other DI programs in this small state. :D

Catsfan90
December 19th, 2015, 10:48 AM
Totally agree....it sure doesn't hurt that NDSU doesn't have to compete with any other DI programs in this small state. :D
I think there's another team, wasn't there? Idk there name though??