PDA

View Full Version : Huge weekend for FCS Football coming up!

ASU33
December 16th, 2015, 02:42 AM
This weekend is a huge weekend for FCS football. We have 3 nationally televised games that will feature some pretty darn good match ups. Two semi-final contest that features the the four teams that are playing the best right now. Richmond/North Dakota State will have Friday night all to themselves with the contest be aired on ESPN2. Saturday morning you have the Celebration Bowl between Alcorn State and NC A&T being aired on ABC at 11am with Sports Center being taped from the Bowl game on Saturday. Lastly we have Sam Houston State visiting Jax State in the other semi-final at 3pm on Saturday that will be shown on ESPN U. Also His & Hers will air from The Celebration Bowl on Friday also. Big weekend for FCS football.

GAD
December 16th, 2015, 06:15 AM
FCS has this weekend all to ourselves...Should be great:D

OhioHen
December 16th, 2015, 06:27 AM
This weekend is a huge weekend for FCS football. We have 3 nationally televised games that will feature some pretty darn good match ups. Two semi-final contest that features the the four teams that are playing the best right now. Richmond/North Dakota State will have Friday night all to themselves with the contest be aired on ESPN2. Saturday morning you have the Celebration Bowl between Alcorn State and NC A&T being aired on ABC at 11am with Sports Center being taped from the Bowl game on Saturday. Lastly we have Sam Houston State visiting Jax State in the other semi-final at 3pm on Saturday that will be shown on ESPN U. Also His & Hers will air from The Celebration Bowl on Friday also. Big weekend for FCS football.

FCS has this weekend all to ourselves...Should be great:D

If only having it to ourselves were true.

Friday night semifinal goes up against the D-III championship on ESPNU - that one starts an hour earlier so some casual fans who happen across it will stick with the championship game.

Celebration Bowl has the advantage of being on ABC and being the only game on TV until early in the second half. At 2:00, one of the "real" bowls (New Mexico Bowl) will likely steal some of the audience.

And the JSU-SHSU game, in addition to being on ESPNU, has to go up against the end of the New Mexico Bowl on ESPN, the Las Vegas Bowl on ABC, the D-II Championship on ESPN2 (same start time), and the beginning of the Camellia Bowl on ESPN.

ASU33
December 16th, 2015, 06:56 AM
I may try to pull the "double dip" Saturday. We're going to the Celebration Bowl and depending on what time the game ends we might try to hit I-20 West to make the JSU/SHSU game.

OhioHen
December 16th, 2015, 08:59 AM
I may try to pull the "double dip" Saturday. We're going to the Celebration Bowl and depending on what time the game ends we might try to hit I-20 West to make the JSU/SHSU game.

You are a true FCS fan - hope it works out for you.

Daytripper
December 16th, 2015, 10:07 AM
I love watching the DII and DIII championship games. I will record them if they conflict with any of my FCS games.

UNIFanSince1983
December 16th, 2015, 10:10 AM
The DIII game should be good this year too. Traditional power Mt. Union vs a very very good St. Thomas team.

Will probably have to either record it or flip between that and Richmond vs NDSU.

ASU33
December 16th, 2015, 08:00 PM
The DIII game should be good this year too. Traditional power Mt. Union vs a very very good St. Thomas team.

Will probably have to either record it or flip between that and Richmond vs NDSU.

Wow! No Wisconsin-Whitewater this year?

katstrapper
December 16th, 2015, 08:02 PM
Wow! No Wisconsin-Whitewater this year?

Knocked out by Mt Union

CHIP72
December 16th, 2015, 08:51 PM
I'll probably watch Shepherd/Northwest Missouri State (D2 championship) the most on Saturday, followed closely by Brigham Young/Utah (Las Vegas Bowl); Sam Houston State/Jacksonville State would rank third. It's unfortunate all of those games are on essentially at the same time.

I'm going to a concert (and possibly two) on Friday night. It's nice that many of the DC indie rock venues are fairly close (within walking distance) of each other.

dewey
December 16th, 2015, 10:37 PM

Go Tommies!

Dewey

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 16th, 2015, 10:42 PM
I passed up a chance to attend Championship Friday ( A & AAA high school football finals) in Hershey, PA so I can watch NDSU-Richmond on Friday night! I'm really looking forward to this game! Hopefully it's a great game! I know the atmosphere will be awesome!