PDA

View Full Version : Is a Griz Fan Welcome in Nooga?

GrizFamily
December 13th, 2006, 02:56 PM
I just got my tickets and my hotel reservation all lined up and will be driving up to Nooga in time for a tailgate or two on Friday! I'm sitting in the exact same seats I had last year. :hurray: Is a Griz fan welcome in Nooga?

DrG
December 13th, 2006, 03:00 PM
I just got my tickets and my hotel reservation all lined up and will be driving up to Nooga in time for a tailgate or two on Friday! I'm sitting in the exact same seats I had last year. :hurray: Is a Griz fan welcome in Nooga?
Depends on whom you're rooting for.

Only kidding. I can only speak for UMass fans, but after our experience in Missoula, any Griz fan is welcome to run with us.

MR. CHICKEN
December 13th, 2006, 03:02 PM

DOES UH BEAR............IN DUH WOODS?......AWK!

Griswold
December 13th, 2006, 03:14 PM
Nothing against UMass but I wish there were 8,000 of you there!

DrG
December 13th, 2006, 04:11 PM
Man, so do I!: smh :

tralfangar
December 13th, 2006, 04:19 PM
I think he's saying 8,000 Griz....

Griswold
December 13th, 2006, 04:27 PM
I think he's saying 8,000 Griz....

:nod:

Grizo406
December 13th, 2006, 04:43 PM

Congrats!

You are my hero, and I hope you represent Griz Nation well.

Peems
December 13th, 2006, 04:51 PM
only wear griz stuff, no matter the heat you take.

YesAppCan
December 13th, 2006, 04:59 PM
GrizFamily, I think it's great that you are going to come to the game and support it. Heck, I don't mind the "Griz-wear" either. I respect your program and know that you folks were close to being there in droves.

Peems
December 13th, 2006, 05:03 PM
im sure the many sensible fans of both umass and app will be appreciative, however, i can imagine that there will be a few "vocal" students who might say otherwise.

chattanoogamocs
December 13th, 2006, 05:18 PM
...ALL fans of championship football are welcome here!

proasu89
December 13th, 2006, 06:28 PM
...ALL fans of championship football are welcome here!
Here, here... You sir are a true FCS Fan.:thumbsup:

james_lawfirm
December 13th, 2006, 06:44 PM

Absolutely! :hurray: :hurray:

If you see a blue Expedition w/ yellow window chalk all over it in the ASU tailgating area, please stop by. I would be delighted to buy you a beer (presuming of course, that you are of legal drinking age).

Mountaineer#96
December 13th, 2006, 06:52 PM
let me get one of those beers, but by the time you see me I may already have had too many. :nod:

griz37
December 13th, 2006, 07:27 PM
Just be sure to carry lots of pictures of Washington Griz in your wallet so everyone can check it out. :) Seriously though have a good time.

AppGirl
December 13th, 2006, 11:47 PM
let me get one of those beers, but by the time you see me I may already have had too many. :nod:
Then come by early, the kids will be with us!:thumbsup:

GrizFamily
December 14th, 2006, 09:21 AM
im sure the many sensible fans of both umass and app will be appreciative, however, i can imagine that there will be a few "vocal" students who might say otherwise.

I went last year in full Griz Regalia and you are absolutely correct. The vast majority of the fans were very welcoming, but there were a few that made unsavory comments. Had a great time with both the UNI and Appy fans. Even met some of the UTC players at their tailgate. Great bunch of guys. So, not only am I wearing the Griz Gear this year but I have converted some friends from the Atlanta area into FCS and Griz fans and they will be decked out too. We'll blend in much better this year though with the UMass fans also being in Maroon. I can't wait. I had a blast last year and I know we will have fun again this year.

I don't currently have pictures of WA Griz in my wallet. Does that mean I'm a bad Griz fan? Maybe I'll bring some 8x10 full color glossies. :D

lizrdgizrd
December 14th, 2006, 09:34 AM
I went last year in full Griz Regalia and you are absolutely correct. The vast majority of the fans were very welcoming, but there were a few that made unsavory comments. Had a great time with both the UNI and Appy fans. Even met some of the UTC players at their tailgate. Great bunch of guys. So, not only am I wearing the Griz Gear this year but I have converted some friends from the Atlanta area into FCS and Griz fans and they will be decked out too. We'll blend in much better this year though with the UMass fans also being in Maroon. I can't wait. I had a blast last year and I know we will have fun again this year.

I don't currently have pictures of WA Griz in my wallet. Does that mean I'm a bad Griz fan? Maybe I'll bring some 8x10 full color glossies. :D
There's still time to get some posters made! Maybe a sandwich board with WA Griz posters on both sides. :thumbsup:

GrizFamily
December 14th, 2006, 09:45 AM
There's still time to get some posters made! Maybe a sandwich board with WA Griz posters on both sides. :thumbsup:

Great idea. I'll get right on that because it's the jewel of the FCS and we can never see to many pictures of it. :smiley_wi :eyebrow: :hurray:

Appstate29
December 14th, 2006, 10:10 AM
with the way tickets have been flying out now, can you imagine what would happen if it were ASU-Montana championship? I'm sure tickets would be worth even more than they've been going for now...

GtFllsGriz
December 14th, 2006, 10:58 AM
GrizFamily, I am so envious. Maybe someday, in my retirement, I will be financially able to make the trip every year.

Idea: Wouldn't it be great to form a group of fans from every school that showed up every year with their tailgate party to welcome the competing teams? What a blast that would be. Imagine the party every year no matter who was playing!

The BCS would never be able to top that! What a story that would make. It would be a huge bonus on the years that your team was represented. Maybe on those years you would have to finance the big party. Just a thought........

Good luck to all the Mountaineers and Minutmen. I will be watching.

Be proud, be loud!

GrizFamily
December 14th, 2006, 01:04 PM
with the way tickets have been flying out now, can you imagine what would happen if it were ASU-Montana championship? I'm sure tickets would be worth even more than they've been going for now...I can imagine. Unfortunately that's all I can do now. No complaints mind you, UMass was the better team last week. But I was really looking forward to playing you guys. Now I'm looking forward to another great game and chance to meet new fans in Nooga.

GrizFamily, I am so envious. Maybe someday, in my retirement, I will be financially able to make the trip every year.

Idea: Wouldn't it be great to form a group of fans from every school that showed up every year with their tailgate party to welcome the competing teams? What a blast that would be. Imagine the party every year no matter who was playing!

The BCS would never be able to top that! What a story that would make. It would be a huge bonus on the years that your team was represented. Maybe on those years you would have to finance the big party. Just a thought........

Good luck to all the Mountaineers and Minutmen. I will be watching.

Be proud, be loud!I like the idea and I for one am hooked on this game. I plan on attending every year for as long as I am able. My job requires frequent trips to Atlanta and I have the autonomy to schedule my own trips. So, I schedule a trip to Altanta for this week and then it's short skip up to Nooga for the festivities and the game.

So I am in on the plan. Who's with me?:thumbsup: :xmas: xprost2x :hyped:

ncgriz
December 14th, 2006, 02:45 PM
GrizFamily,

I will be there with some Appy students in tow. I acquired some tickets and my Griz daughter who is at App couldn't go. Soooo I was forced to conver a couple of kids who attend our church into learning how to say Go Griz for my extra tickets.

I will also be on the App side but with a short ride to the game. I will have the Griz stuff on too and look forward to meeting all anfd enjoying a good game.

NCGriz