PDA

View Full Version : National Championship Tickets - jan 9

TheRevSFA
December 13th, 2015, 08:32 AM
Who has theirs?

i am in 115 row 5.

better question: do ursus Emory and Kevin have theirs?

Professor Chaos
December 13th, 2015, 08:47 AM
I've got some in Section 118 row 2. Got em 2 days before the NDSU/Montana kickoff classic in August. Had my doubts a few times about whether I'd actually be using them but only one Bison win away now!

aces1180
December 13th, 2015, 08:49 AM
8 in section 116

jsualumnus
December 13th, 2015, 09:21 AM
Section 114 row 28...

gumby013
December 13th, 2015, 10:09 AM
Mine arrived this week.

http://i.imgur.com/iCQsL6l.jpg?1

NoDak 4 Ever
December 13th, 2015, 10:40 AM
Got 2 in 130. Don't think I've been in that part of the stadium yet

dewey
December 13th, 2015, 10:44 AM
I got 5 seats in section 131 row 21 seats 20-24.

I bought mine the day they became available to previous ticket buyers. 2 days before the season began in Montana.

Dewey

Thundar
December 13th, 2015, 10:51 AM
16 in section 116

bought them the first hour they were available to previous purchasers

Daytripper
December 13th, 2015, 11:04 AM
I've got two in section 104.

IBleedYellow
December 13th, 2015, 11:10 AM
Just booked my flights, hotel, car rental and bought stadium tickets.

I'm going down there for sure, I just hope the Bison follow me!

CockyGeek
December 13th, 2015, 11:15 AM
Got a rental car and a hotel room (refundable of course). I'm waiting to see if the prices drop a little bit before snagging tickets.

Professor Chaos
December 13th, 2015, 11:23 AM
Got a rental car and a hotel room (refundable of course). I'm waiting to see if the prices drop a little bit before snagging tickets.
My advice is if JSU makes it don't freak out before New Years Day about getting tickets if the prices are steep. This invariably happens every year that NDSU has been in it but once we get within a week to 10 days away from the game the ticket prices become significantly more reasonable on the secondary markets.

Of course if NDSU doesn't make it this year you should be fine because the secondary markets will get flooded with tickets.

Also keep in mind that each participating school gets around a 4000 ticket allotment that you can purchase through your school's ticket office. So depending on how your school chooses to distribute those that's also a reasonable option for a lot of fans.

TheRevSFA
December 13th, 2015, 12:04 PM
Looking forward to meeting some of y'all there

CockyGeek
December 13th, 2015, 12:07 PM
My advice is if JSU makes it don't freak out before New Years Day about getting tickets if the prices are steep. This invariably happens every year that NDSU has been in it but once we get within a week to 10 days away from the game the ticket prices become significantly more reasonable on the secondary markets.

Of course if NDSU doesn't make it this year you should be fine because the secondary markets will get flooded with tickets.

Also keep in mind that each participating school gets around a 4000 ticket allotment that you can purchase through your school's ticket office. So depending on how your school chooses to distribute those that's also a reasonable option for a lot of fans.

Thanks for the info. I will hold off. Not really looking to pay $70 to sit in the end zone.

NDSUtk
December 13th, 2015, 05:28 PM
We have 14 in Section 104 Rows 5 & 6. Bought them as a 3 year pack, this is the third year. So if we don't make it...and any of you need a large group of seats...you know who to hit up :)

NoDak 4 Ever
December 13th, 2015, 06:32 PM
Looking forward to meeting some of y'all there
We'll catch up this time.

Bisonoline
December 13th, 2015, 06:33 PM
Who has theirs?

i am in 115 row 5.

better question: do ursus Emory and Kevin have theirs?

Bought mine 3 years ago.

Bisonoline
December 13th, 2015, 06:35 PM

Check the NCAA site. They still had tickets a few days ago. Plus your school should get 3500 to 4000.

JSUSoutherner
December 13th, 2015, 06:38 PM
I got a nice seat in whatever corner they decide to (attempt to) stuff the Southerners in.

dewey
December 13th, 2015, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the info. I will hold off. Not really looking to pay $70 to sit in the end zone.

PC is absolutely right. It is very hard to wait for the prices to drop but they will. Especially with the NCAA Flash Seats electronic ticket system they have. I would honestly buy the tickets from the NCAA website at face value up to the Friday night semifinal game for face value.

Also like PC said if JSU wouldn't bring more than 4000 fans than you could just get tickets from the JSU allotment. Now is the perfect time to book hotels as if not all most are 100% refundable up until 1 or 2 days of check in.

I hope this helps.

Dewey

TheRevSFA
December 13th, 2015, 06:56 PM
Bought mine 3 years ago.

I almost did that but I didn't. Wish I had. A buddy of mine from SFA did though. He's cheered for you every year since

TheKingpin28
December 13th, 2015, 07:10 PM
I got a nice seat in whatever corner they decide to (attempt to) stuff the Southerners in.

Band is has been in the end zone last 4 years. The NCAA/Toyota Stadium will force the band there and if you don't fit, I doubt Toyota stadium is going to make people move seats or tell them they can't come, to fill entire band. It sucks, but those "free seats" are temporary for a reason.

NDSUtk
December 13th, 2015, 07:16 PM

How big is your band? you may be disappionted...they don't have a lot of room for bands. They put them on temporary bleachers on the stage in the end zone. And from what I'm hearing, you southern folk like your marching bands so you may not be able to fit everyone...

Big_Fan
December 13th, 2015, 07:25 PM
How big is your band? you may be disappionted...they don't have a lot of room for bands. They put them on temporary bleachers on the stage in the end zone. And from what I'm hearing, you southern folk like your marching bands so you may not be able to fit everyone...

Only 450ish

Big_Fan
December 13th, 2015, 07:27 PM
Imagine if JMU and JSU Were playing there. Between the two of us there would be 1000 band members and staff.

NDSUtk
December 13th, 2015, 07:32 PM
Only 450ish
I can't guarantee the capacity but our band is half that (220 I believe). And according to an article I found from our last trip, we had 160 in Frisco. I don't know if that is the cap, or just those who could make it. But I know that there isn't capacity for 450.

NDSUtk
December 13th, 2015, 07:38 PM
Also Towson looks like they had to take their band from 240 to 140 for the trip. http://towsonbands.com/marchingband/performancesevents/leavenodoubt

footballer23
December 13th, 2015, 07:52 PM
Section 115, Row 3... 8 seats

JSUSoutherner
December 13th, 2015, 10:04 PM
Our whole band will make the trip. We are no strangers to tight end zones. If anything, the school would buy our tickets.

NDSUtk
December 13th, 2015, 10:19 PM
We are no strangers to tight end zones.

I don't want to hear about the hazing rituals you guys do...

JSUSoutherner
December 13th, 2015, 10:24 PM
I don't want to hear about the hazing rituals you guys do...
I'm sure you don't. xcoffeex

jsualumnus
December 14th, 2015, 05:04 AM
Good one ^^^

troianus
December 14th, 2015, 12:10 PM
I can't guarantee the capacity but our band is half that (220 I believe). And according to an article I found from our last trip, we had 160 in Frisco. I don't know if that is the cap, or just those who could make it. But I know that there isn't capacity for 450.

The cap is at 350 unless the institution wishes to purchase more tickets. This is also can be changed by the demand for tickets. In that case, the band is put on stage on the bleachers. Not sure of the cap at that point. Our band was at 160 as some people were not able to make it work into their schedules as the game was after the semester/ during Christmas Break. Marching band is fall only (usually).

NoDak 4 Ever
December 14th, 2015, 02:22 PM
The cap is at 350 unless the institution wishes to purchase more tickets. This is also can be changed by the demand for tickets. In that case, the band is put on stage on the bleachers. Not sure of the cap at that point. Our band was at 160 as some people were not able to make it work into their schedules as the game was after the semester/ during Christmas Break. Marching band is fall only (usually).

There appears to be a fixed number of active bandmembers on the stage, both sides were pretty even.

JSUSoutherner
December 14th, 2015, 02:24 PM
It won't look fixed this year.

NDSUFREAK
December 14th, 2015, 03:02 PM

I don't understand where you are going to get an extra 250+ tickets with a limited capacity for bands especially IF NDSU makes the championship...most of the tickets will already be gone by the time the Sam/JSU winner is determine.

TheKingpin28
December 14th, 2015, 03:09 PM

Toyota stadium/NCAA loves their money and would never give free seats unless they had to. If NDSU wins Friday, I could easily see a 70% contingent of Yellow in the stands. No one would voluntarily give up their ticket so more band members can come. Just saying.

JSUSoutherner
December 14th, 2015, 03:10 PM
I never said we were getting free seats. If we don't fit in the end zone the school will buy us tickets from the allotment.

It's what we did for Auburn.

CockyGeek
December 14th, 2015, 03:14 PM
It's all hypothetical, but the school will use part of their allotment to send the entire band if it comes down to it. When you take out the danceline, colorguard, and front ensemble, that's quite a few people that won't need to be actually sitting directly beside the band because they won't be playing an instrument in the stands anyway.

Do the bands even get a halftime performance?

TheKingpin28
December 14th, 2015, 03:14 PM
I never said we were getting free seats. If we don't fit in the end zone the school will buy us tickets from the allotment.

It's what we did for Auburn.

You don't think your boosters would stop this or make a big fuss about it? If I was a heavy booster at NDSU, I usually donate about 100 since I'm still in school, and I found out that they wanted to "give" seats to the band that I had planned on buying and I didn't get any due to this, I'd drop my donations and think you'd see that happening quite quickly from other boosters who lost seats since the entire band wanted to go.

From what it seems, JSU loves their band, and if so, more power to them, but I prefer my football team and would be furious if NDSU gave part of their allotment to the band. That's just me though.

Professor Chaos
December 14th, 2015, 03:15 PM
It's all hypothetical, but the school will use part of their allotment to send the entire band if it comes down to it. When you take out the danceline, colorguard, and front ensemble, that's quite a few people that won't need to be actually sitting directly beside the band because they won't be playing an instrument in the stands anyway.

Yes, I believe bands from both schools get time to perform at halftime.

TheKingpin28
December 14th, 2015, 03:16 PM

I went the first year, so I can't remember, but I think they did

JSUSoutherner
December 14th, 2015, 03:19 PM
You don't think your boosters would stop this or make a big fuss about it? If I was a heavy booster at NDSU, I usually donate about 100 since I'm still in school, and I found out that they wanted to "give" seats to the band that I had planned on buying and I didn't get any due to this, I'd drop my donations and think you'd see that happening quite quickly from other boosters who lost seats since the entire band wanted to go.

From what it seems, JSU loves their band, and if so, more power to them, but I prefer my football team and would be furious if NDSU gave part of their allotment to the band. That's just me though.

The school loves us. Once you hear us live you'll understand why.

Word of advice: if you're on the home side for the game, bring a seatbelt.

troianus
December 14th, 2015, 04:05 PM

6 minutes each including on and off the field. "Away" band first, "Home" band second.

JSUSoutherner
December 14th, 2015, 04:07 PM
6 minutes each including on and off the field. "Away" band first, "Home" band second.

Only 6? That's lame. Are you sure on that number?

Daytripper
December 14th, 2015, 04:12 PM

I don't want a 45 minute Superbowl halftime show. Impress me in 6 minutes.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll beat you all to it......"That's what she said"

JSUSoutherner
December 14th, 2015, 04:13 PM

- - - Updated - - -

I'll beat you all to it......"That's what she said"

We can impress you with 5 seconds. I'm just bummed because that means this Saturday will be our last full run of the whole show. The full show runs between 12-14 depending on setup time. If we actually only get 6 minutes we will likely just do our closer and that be it.

BisonTru
December 14th, 2015, 04:17 PM
Ticketgate 2015> ticketgate 2014

Spiders please don't ruin this for me

troianus
December 14th, 2015, 04:20 PM
Positive. This is normal when two bands have to share the halftime. If they go over the 12, the teams start warming up amongst the band.

Band setup in these occasions is a mad rush to find their spots and a brisk march off the field.

ur2k
December 14th, 2015, 04:24 PM
Ticketgate 2015> ticketgate 2014

Spiders please don't ruin this for me

The great thing is if UR wins on Friday, we're going to get a great deal on tickets.

BisonTru
December 14th, 2015, 04:26 PM
The great thing is if UR wins on Friday, we're going to get a great deal on tickets.

This is true... I'll have 16 on the secondary. Spider fans check flash seats if you make it.

Daytripper
December 14th, 2015, 04:27 PM

Agree. Those Bison fans holding bunches of tickets better hope SHSU gets to Frisco if NDSU doesn't make it.. That is the only way there will be any demand at all. Not saying we will buy them all up, but low secondary market prices could entice more to make the trip from the Houston area where most Sam alums live.

JSUSoutherner
December 14th, 2015, 04:29 PM
Band setup in these occasions is a mad rush to find their spots and a brisk march off the field.

I know this all too well. Often times we can get a 14 minute slot and we mad dash it. Maybe if the Bison/Spiders decide to bring a pep band rather than a full show ensemble we can get their 6 minutes for ourselves. ;)

NoDak 4 Ever
December 14th, 2015, 04:29 PM

I mean there are only so many SEATS on the stage in the end zone. Unless you are sitting on one another's lap, you will have pretty much the same amount of people on each side.

JSUSoutherner
December 14th, 2015, 04:31 PM
I mean there are only so many SEATS on the stage in the end zone. Unless you are sitting on one another's lap, you will have pretty much the same amount of people on each side.

When bands go to Michigan State they have a setup similar to what's been describe for Frisco. If it's similar they will just take out the seats (unless it permanent seating?) and we will stand. Chairs take room. It's what we did at Michigan State. Or the school will buy tickets for the guard and Rina's. It's not a big deal. Through hell or high water all of us will be in that stadium. We already have our hotel rooms booked for the full band (not out of arrogance, Sammy fans, but because when you travel with close to 500 people you have to plan in advance). We will be there. Somehow.

NDSUFREAK
December 14th, 2015, 05:25 PM
When bands go to Michigan State they have a setup similar to what's been describe for Frisco. If it's similar they will just take out the seats (unless it permanent seating?) and we will stand. Chairs take room. It's what we did at Michigan State. Or the school will buy tickets for the guard and Rina's. It's not a big deal. Through hell or high water all of us will be in that stadium. We already have our hotel rooms booked for the full band (not out of arrogance, Sammy fans, but because when you travel with close to 500 people you have to plan in advance). We will be there. Somehow.

Why don't you look at pictures of the set up and see for yourself. The only seats for the band are temporary seating on the stage in one of the end zones. You would have to take tickets away from your own fans if you can find them...if NDSU makes it we have been known to buy the opposing teams tickets.

Professor Chaos
December 14th, 2015, 05:40 PM
I know this all too well. Often times we can get a 14 minute slot and we mad dash it. Maybe if the Bison/Spiders decide to bring a pep band rather than a full show ensemble we can get their 6 minutes for ourselves. ;)
If the Bison make it, as a Bison fan who hears/sees our band at every halftime, I'd be ok with that. xthumbsupx

Bisonoline
December 14th, 2015, 06:08 PM
I bought 2 on the 30 last night from the NCAA site.

Daytripper
December 14th, 2015, 06:28 PM
I bought 2 on the 30 last night from the NCAA site.

Non-transferable, right? Don't you have to show the credit card that purchased the ticket to get in?

Bisonoline
December 14th, 2015, 06:36 PM
Non-transferable, right? Don't you have to show the credit card that purchased the ticket to get in?

They are flash seats but they are transferable. Makes no difference if we win or lose this Friday as I am still going to the game. Plus I have two tickets from the 3 year package that I will now sell.

nelsondm
December 14th, 2015, 06:41 PM
I looked on the NCAA web sit for tickets today. They were all sold out. Not one section had even 1 seat.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

JSUSoutherner
December 14th, 2015, 06:52 PM
Why do they insist on having the championships in such tiny stadiums?

CockyGeek
December 14th, 2015, 06:57 PM
All about money. They had the highest bid and then they charge out the wazoo for seats.

TheRevSFA
December 14th, 2015, 06:59 PM

Because unless NDSU or a school like Montana who travels well, or a local school are in the NC, the stadium will be empty

BisonTru
December 14th, 2015, 07:00 PM
All about money. They had the highest bid and then they charge out the wazoo for seats.

?? $35-$45. Seems reasonable. I just paid $200 a seat to watch the Vikings lose in AZ.

Southern Bison
December 14th, 2015, 07:09 PM
Since they moved the game from Chattanooga to Frisco, 2010 was Delaware and E. Washington with only 13k in attendance. The last 4 with NDSU in the game has hit ~ 20K.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

dgtw
December 14th, 2015, 07:26 PM
I wish it was still in Chattanooga.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheRevSFA
December 16th, 2015, 07:59 PM
So I have to miss going and just put my tickets up on flash seats and they sold in 3 mins. Not bad

KPSUL
December 16th, 2015, 08:15 PM
If your team wins Saturday, JSU will get an allocation of tickets to distribute as they choose.

JSU02
December 16th, 2015, 08:27 PM
2500 won't go very far

NoDak 4 Ever
December 16th, 2015, 08:29 PM
2500 won't go very far

yeah, at least 3/4ths of that has to go to your band, right?

NDSUFREAK
December 16th, 2015, 08:36 PM
2500 won't go very far

especially if NDSU makes it back to Frisco and we buy your tickets (if you get past Sammie....)

JSUSoutherner
December 16th, 2015, 09:01 PM
yeah, at least 3/4ths of that has to go to your band, right?

Probably.

Bisonoline
December 17th, 2015, 10:33 PM
2500 won't go very far

More like 3500

BisonTru
December 19th, 2015, 02:59 PM

Tickets getting a little crazy. $224+

dewey
December 19th, 2015, 03:37 PM

Tickets getting a little crazy. $224+

Not surprising. As the game gets closer the ticket prices will continue to fall. The day or two before the game they will be face value or really close to face value.

Dewey

Bisonoline
December 19th, 2015, 03:56 PM

35 and 45 bucks is charging out the wazoo?

CockyGeek
December 19th, 2015, 03:57 PM
All the tickets I've seen have been $175 or higher. They've been sold out for forever.

The Grass is greener in Jacksonville

BisonTru
December 19th, 2015, 04:05 PM
All the tickets I've seen have been $175 or higher. They've been sold out for forever.

You could get tickets a couple weeks ago. You could buy after market tickets for $100 before the NDSU game. Kinda surprised how high they've gotten and they may go higher after this game. In 13 it sold out in like late September.

Patience will save you a lot of money in the ticket game.

TheRevSFA
December 19th, 2015, 04:06 PM
I sold mine for 50 a piece. Didn't gouge them

Bisonoline
December 19th, 2015, 05:23 PM

I bought two tickets last week from the ncaa site for 35 each. So how does that equate to charging out the wazoo?

TennBison
December 19th, 2015, 08:38 PM
Agree. Those Bison fans holding bunches of tickets better hope SHSU gets to Frisco if NDSU doesn't make it.. That is the only way there will be any demand at all. Not saying we will buy them all up, but low secondary market prices could entice more to make the trip from the Houston area where most Sam alums live.
Not worried about not making it, why do you think NDSU fans buy three year packages.

TennBison
December 20th, 2015, 07:32 AM
I bought two tickets last week from the ncaa site for 35 each. So how does that equate to charging out the wazoo?

Or how does the fact that you got them last week, when he says they have been sold out forever.

caribbeanhen
December 20th, 2015, 07:38 AM

so it wont look so empty

NoDak 4 Ever
December 20th, 2015, 09:15 AM
Or how does the fact that you got them last week, when he says they have been sold out forever.

They drop a few now and again. They aren't sold out even on January 9

In my 5 years experience, nobody that really wants to go to this game is without a ticket.

Hammerhead
December 20th, 2015, 09:29 AM
Here's the setup in 2011. I think it was the same last year when we made our 2nd trip down to Frisco.

http://i707.photobucket.com/albums/ww75/gjhammer/FCS%20Champs/101_0004.jpg (http://s707.photobucket.com/user/gjhammer/media/FCS%20Champs/101_0004.jpg.html)

NoDak 4 Ever
December 20th, 2015, 09:52 AM
This is better, a screen capture from the game last year. This is the same configuration they've had since we've been there.

http://i.imgur.com/jUSSJoZ.jpg

Panther88
December 20th, 2015, 10:32 AM
so it wont look so empty

lol

Cocky
December 20th, 2015, 10:34 AM
JSU band is a little less than 500.

JSUSoutherner
December 20th, 2015, 10:40 AM
Even if we had both of those stands to ourselves we wouldn't fit. Lol this will be fun.

BisonTru
December 20th, 2015, 10:44 AM
Even if we had both of those stands to ourselves we wouldn't fit. Lol this will be fun.

If they give the band some of the JSU allotment you'll be split a fair distance away from the band in the end zone. Is that a big deal? I wouldn't think so, not sure tho.

gumby013
December 20th, 2015, 10:44 AM

The NCAA will have you cut down the size of the band.

NDB
December 20th, 2015, 10:59 AM
Here was my assessment from last year:

Wild guesses. Today.

NDSU allotment 3,300
ISUr allotment 3,300
Presales owned by NDSU fans 10,000
Presales owned by likely resellers 2,400
Presales owned by others (locals, other fans) 2,000

At the end of the day it will look like
NDSU allotment 3,300
ISUr allotment 3,300
Presales owned by NDSU fans 13,000
Presales owned by ISUr fans 700
Presales owned by others 700

Replace ISUr with JSU and I think the numbers will be close.

Cocky
December 20th, 2015, 11:15 AM
Here was my assessment from last year:

Wild guesses. Today.

NDSU allotment 3,300
ISUr allotment 3,300
Presales owned by NDSU fans 10,000
Presales owned by likely resellers 2,400
Presales owned by others (locals, other fans) 2,000

At the end of the day it will look like
NDSU allotment 3,300
ISUr allotment 3,300
Presales owned by NDSU fans 13,000
Presales owned by ISUr fans 700
Presales owned by others 700

Replace ISUr with JSU and I think the numbers will be close.

Sound like a good guess.

Cocky
December 20th, 2015, 11:33 AM
Already a big line for tickets at JSU. Go on sale on site at 1? or at least a waiting list.

NDB
December 20th, 2015, 11:37 AM
Need to call to get on the waiting list.

Cocky
December 20th, 2015, 12:24 PM
Need to call to get on the waiting list.
The line is long enough to sell out now. Phone order wont be taken until Wednesday?

Cocky
December 20th, 2015, 12:26 PM
JSU is doing the sales the old fashion way (walk up to a window) to increase the chances of student purchases. Our new President is all about the students receiving everything which is a change from the past.

IBleedYellow
December 20th, 2015, 12:38 PM

I mean...we've said that...Idk 10 or 20 times now?

You're going to have to get smaller, or split up your band. That's just what's going to happen.

NDSUFREAK
December 20th, 2015, 12:43 PM
Butttheband

JSUSoutherner
December 20th, 2015, 12:44 PM
They could put us out in the parking lot. We would still be louder than NDSU's crowd. ;)

NDB
Read the Championship manual. the band brings an interesting dynamic.

gumby013
Butttheband

Thats why we scheduled Prairie View a couple years ago...and then their band went and got suspended.

Milkman
December 20th, 2015, 01:02 PM
They could put us out in the parking lot. We would still be louder than NDSU's crowd. ;)
A band being louder than a crowd? You don't say! It's almost as if you all were holding devices that were designed with the sole purpose of creating and amplifying sound.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

dgtw
December 20th, 2015, 01:38 PM
Saw the director posted on Facebook the whole band is going.

JSUSoutherner
December 20th, 2015, 01:39 PM
Saw the director posted on Facebook the whole band is going.

We booked rooms two weeks ago.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 20th, 2015, 01:53 PM
We booked rooms two weeks ago.
I booked a room 3 months ago.

JSUSoutherner
December 20th, 2015, 01:55 PM

Want a medal?

TheKingpin28
December 20th, 2015, 02:02 PM
Want a medal?

I still can't believe your AD/President are willing to give tickets to the band over boosters. I've said it once and I'll continually say it; that is how you rub the boosters the wrong way. If NDSU did that, you'd see some boosters be willing to recind their donations of they lost championship game tickets so that all the band could go.

gumby013
December 20th, 2015, 02:05 PM
I still can't believe your AD/President are willing to give tickets to the band over boosters. I've said it once and I'll continually say it; that is how you rub the boosters the wrong way. If NDSU did that, you'd see some boosters be willing to recind their donations of they lost championship game tickets so that all the band could go.

Especially since the school/band still has to pay for the tickets they are using. NCAA doesn't let them go for free.

Professor Chaos
December 20th, 2015, 02:05 PM
NDSU's band also sucks (by college band standards).

TennBison
December 20th, 2015, 02:07 PM
Want a medal?

This^^^^^^ coming from a person who is more worried about where his band is going to sit than how the football team is going to do. Did he buy tickets three years ago feeling confident that his team was going to be in Frisco this year......don't think so.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 20th, 2015, 02:07 PM
Want a medal?
Do you? Isn't that what were comparing?

JSUSoutherner
December 20th, 2015, 02:09 PM
This^^^^^^ coming from a person who is more worried about where his band is going to sit than how the football team is going to do. Did he buy tickets three years ago feeling confident that his team was going to be in Frisco this year......don't think so.

I'm not worried how my team will do, I just want to have a good view of my Cocks when the beat out the Bison.

Do you? Isn't that what were comparing?

I would rather get a medal for being the best football team than get one because I booked a hotel room in September.

TheKingpin28
December 20th, 2015, 02:12 PM
NDSU's band also sucks (by college band standards).

I've seen worse but yeah I would agree they are not the best. When you got to pay for tickets, you do what you can to make profit. It would be like going to Mickey D's and having the GM spend $10,000 on food and then say to his/her managers that we need to just give away $1,000 to only people who have never eaten there. Why try and make a profit, or give it to those who support your business, when you can give it to those who don't fund your operation.

Cocky
December 20th, 2015, 02:13 PM
For the entire band? Are you the band director?

TennBison
December 20th, 2015, 02:24 PM
I'm not worried how my team will do, I just want to have a good view of my Cocks when the beat out the Bison.

I would rather get a medal for being the best football team than get one because I booked a hotel room in September.

That is what he was talking about, or did that go over your head.

JSUSoutherner
December 20th, 2015, 02:26 PM
That is what he was talking about, or did that go over your head.

Oh, forgive me, I didn't realize bragging about booking a hotel room early was a new form of football smack.

TennBison
December 20th, 2015, 02:26 PM

Do you have trouble seeing it because you have a huge beer belly ?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 20th, 2015, 02:28 PM
For the entire band? Are you the band director?
The band(s) are getting way too much attention is this a Classic?

TennBison
December 20th, 2015, 02:30 PM
Oh, forgive me, I didn't realize bragging about booking a hotel room early was a new form of football smack.
That guy was not talking about getting a medal for booking his room, he was talking about medals which = championship rings which =national championships, and that whole thing went right over your head.

BisonFan02
December 20th, 2015, 02:56 PM
http://imgur.com/QsYiN1D.jpg

Thundar
December 20th, 2015, 03:06 PM
Seriously, the band is priority...lol

dgtw
December 20th, 2015, 03:16 PM
I am not a band person but yeah, the band is a priority here.

NDSUtk
December 20th, 2015, 03:23 PM
I will say this...the folks from the upper midwest don't get the band thing. But for those in the south it is an integral part of the game. For example, at our home games, I really don't like listening to our half time performances. I spend most of it in the concourse. However, there are some that love it as I've been asked to sit down during half time so they could watch it. So I guess for some, it is a big deal.

I'm glad that JSU can give up their tickets for sale to bring the band. That's actually really cool opportunity for the band kids. Flip side, I see they are saying a lottery for the remainder of the student tickets, which I get but is a bit too bad. Seems like they would consider making it more even but that's their call. And shows how serious they take their band.

Fortunately for NDSU, it isn't a band competition and we'll be seeing how it goes on the field for players.

JSUSoutherner
December 20th, 2015, 03:23 PM
Do you have trouble seeing it because you have a huge beer belly ?

I don't know many guys who are 6-1 and 185 who have a huge belly but I'm not one of them.

That guy was not talking about getting a medal for booking his room, he was talking about medals which = championship rings which =national championships, and that whole thing went right over your head.
Considering I'm the one who asked if he wanted a medal for his early room booking, I think I know what I was talking about. I think you misunderstood the whole conversation. I guess the whole thing went right over your head.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 20th, 2015, 03:34 PM
I don't know many guys who are 6-1 and 185 who have a huge belly but I'm not one of them.

Considering I'm the one who asked if he wanted a medal for his early room booking, I think I know what I was talking about. I think you misunderstood the whole conversation. I guess the whole thing went right over your head.

How about this? If nobody cares when I booked my room, do you think they care when you did?

JSUSoutherner
December 20th, 2015, 03:37 PM
How about this? If nobody cares when I booked my room, do you think they care when you did?
I said it to show that the full band was coming to Frisco, which was in response to another post. Nobody asked if you were going.

TennBison
December 20th, 2015, 03:59 PM

That is what you were talking about, when he replied, he flipped it meaning he was talking about medals on the field and medals won by championships. NDSU fans don't give a hoot about your band or ours buying rooms two weeks ago like you were boosting about. But if you want to go that route, ok, your band bought tickets before ours did, no doubt you won that one, if anyone gives a damn.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 20th, 2015, 04:01 PM
I said it to show that the full band was coming to Frisco, which was in response to another post. Nobody asked if you were going.

who gives a **** if your band is all coming? Probably not even your players.

JSUSoutherner
December 20th, 2015, 04:03 PM
That is what you were talking about, when he replied, he flipped it meaning he was talking about medals on the field and medals won by championships. NDSU fans don't give a hoot about your band or ours buying rooms two weeks ago like you were boosting about. But if you want to go that route, ok, your band bought tickets before ours did, no doubt you won that one, if anyone gives a damn.

Just because he flipped it doesn't change what I said.

I wasn't boasting, I was confirming another post. Everything isn't about you. Sorry to burst your egotistical little bubble. Are you done yet?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 20th, 2015, 04:04 PM
Just because he flipped it doesn't change what I said.

I wasn't boasting, I was confirming another post. Everything isn't about you. Sorry to burst your bubble. Are you done yet?

No, I agree. Everything is about the JSU band.

JSUSoutherner
December 20th, 2015, 04:05 PM
No, I agree. Everything is about the JSU band.

Yes it is. Glad you finally understand.

Cocky
December 20th, 2015, 04:06 PM

Can you not understand, he didnt book a room at all.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 20th, 2015, 04:10 PM
Can you not understand, he didnt book a room at all.

Ok, maybe I meant "you people"

Thundar
December 20th, 2015, 04:12 PM
Man...it's a long ways till Jan 9th

Cocky
December 20th, 2015, 04:14 PM
Ok, maybe I meant "you people"
At least you are starting to understand the more political correct usage of words. But you can go ahead and call us what you would behind close doors.

CockyGeek
December 20th, 2015, 05:40 PM
The Gamecocks and the Marching Southerners and the cheerleaders have been a pretty cohesive unit since Coach Grass took over. I marched for three years, and band was my life. I'd still much rather see the team win than worry about where the band was going to sit.

If they can all go, that's great. 90% of the people who come to a JSU game will stay to watch the Souterners perform a postgame show. They are an integral part of the gameday experience.

I want there to be young, energetic people who are going to stand up and cheer. I'm glad they're letting the students have some. I could give a rat's ass if Frank Templeton who wears Bama crap every week gets to go.

I'm sure if we knew our allotment was jack $#+÷ then we would have bought tickets earlier.

And screw the people that bought 100+ tickets and are reselling them for $200+ . I saw some guy bragging about that earlier. You are scum of the earth.

BisonTru
December 20th, 2015, 05:52 PM
And screw the people that bought 100+ tickets and are reselling them for $200+ . I saw some guy bragging about that earlier. You are scum of the earth.

If the finals would have been Richmond vs. Chuck South he may have lost his a$$ on those.

Capitalism

The grass is good in Jacksonville

WWII
December 21st, 2015, 10:10 AM
The last 2 times I went to the game, I just picked up a ticket near the gate. They were face value.

TheRevSFA
December 21st, 2015, 12:26 PM
At least you are starting to understand the more political correct usage of words. But you can go ahead and call us what you would behind close doors.

xlolx xnodx

TheRevSFA
December 21st, 2015, 12:29 PM
I get it. He's part of the band and he gets to perform at the national championship and he's excited.

Let's move on to non band nerd topics

JSUSoutherner
December 22nd, 2015, 10:42 AM
This just in. http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/22/4540615932485c2ab5328c59f4d1bbc9.jpg

kdinva
December 22nd, 2015, 10:48 AM
My gut tells me that IF this game could be played in the Cotton Bowl, at least 35,000 would show up.....

dewey
December 22nd, 2015, 12:53 PM
My gut tells me that IF this game could be played in the Cotton Bowl, at least 35,000 would show up.....

You are probably right with at least 20-25 thousand NDSU fans.

Dewey

NDSUtk
December 23rd, 2015, 04:11 PM
SRO tickets on sale next Tuesday

NDSUtk
December 23rd, 2015, 04:13 PM
This just in. http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/22/4540615932485c2ab5328c59f4d1bbc9.jpg
You're not one of the ballerinas... Are you?

BisonBacker
December 23rd, 2015, 04:25 PM
You're not one of the ballerinas... Are you?
xlolx
I was waiting for someone to post that.

NDSUFREAK
December 30th, 2015, 01:36 PM
http://www.jsugamecocksports.com/news/2015/12/29/FB_1229154102.aspx

Soooo even with 500 band members taking part of the allocation y'all still can't sell out your tickets?? Woof...even Illinois State sold out their allotment

Professor Chaos
December 30th, 2015, 01:38 PM
http://www.jsugamecocksports.com/news/2015/12/29/FB_1229154102.aspx

Soooo even with 500 band members taking part of the allocation y'all still can't sell out your tickets?? Woof...even Illinois State sold out their allotment
Either that or they're just going to see how many people will email their credit card numbers to a gmail account. xeyebrowx

JSUSoutherner
December 30th, 2015, 02:03 PM
Either that or they're just going to see how many people will email their credit card numbers to a gmail account. xeyebrowx
Speculation is that it is leftover from the students who didn't redeem their lottery tickets and faculty that elected not to go.

I've gotten at least two emails about lottery redraws because students who are winning aren't picking up their tickets.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 30th, 2015, 02:05 PM
Speculation is that it is leftover from the students who didn't redeem their lottery tickets and faculty that elected not to go.

I toyed with sending in a form but asking for a CC# to a damn gmail address? Who could be that dumb?

JSUSoutherner
December 30th, 2015, 02:05 PM
I toyed with sending in a form but asking for a CC# to a damn gmail address? Who could be that dumb?

I didn't look at the form. Is it actually set up that way??

NoDak 4 Ever
December 30th, 2015, 02:16 PM
I didn't look at the form. Is it actually set up that way??

Please fill out THIS FORM (http://www.jsugamecocksports.com/documents/2015/12/29//FriscoTixs2.pdf?id=2276) and email it to [email protected] and it will be process in the order in which it is received.

JSUSoutherner
December 30th, 2015, 02:17 PM
Please fill out THIS FORM (http://www.jsugamecocksports.com/documents/2015/12/29//FriscoTixs2.pdf?id=2276) and email it to [email protected] and it will be process in the order in which it is received.

I feel like I'm less surprised by this than I should be... 😒

dgtw
December 30th, 2015, 02:45 PM
I called and left my phone number the day they had everyone waiting in line. They called me the other day and said I could buy tickets. I asked how many I could get and they asked how many I wanted. I bought two and sold them at face value to someone who was wanting to go. (I had already gotten mine at the regular price).

I picked them up today and they had more to sell.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 30th, 2015, 06:09 PM
I called and left my phone number the day they had everyone waiting in line. They called me the other day and said I could buy tickets. I asked how many I could get and they asked how many I wanted. I bought two and sold them at face value to someone who was wanting to go. (I had already gotten mine at the regular price).

I picked them up today and they had more to sell.
That's not good for your attendance prospects

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 30th, 2015, 09:31 PM
That's not good for your attendance prospects

80% Bison fans at the stadium?

JaxSinfonian
December 30th, 2015, 11:21 PM

Wasn't it going to be that already?

dgtw
December 31st, 2015, 01:23 AM
My wife and I will be there, really don't care about anyone else.

Lehigh'98
December 31st, 2015, 01:47 AM

Hilarious!!

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, the entire population of the Dakotas!!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 31st, 2015, 08:24 AM
Hey JSU, better tell your friends to stop posting pictures of your tickets online. I caught 2 people last night doing it. If I wasn't a nice person and the thievin' kind, I could have easily had those things for my own.

KPSUL
December 31st, 2015, 08:58 AM
Hey JSU, better tell your friends to stop posting pictures of your tickets online. I caught 2 people last night doing it. If I wasn't a nice person and the thievin' kind, I could have easily had those things for my own.

What's that website?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 31st, 2015, 09:35 AM
What's that website?

They were on Twitter, seriously. Anyone in the world could have converted the visible bar code into flashseats before they even knew it.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 31st, 2015, 03:37 PM
Wasn't it going to be that already?

I was assuming JSU would have a contingent comparable to what Ill State had last year (3-4K), but if they haven't sold their allotment yet, then maybe only around 2K show up???

Maybe 90% Bison fans.....

JSUSoutherner
December 31st, 2015, 04:03 PM
I was assuming JSU would have a contingent comparable to what Ill State had last year (3-4K), but if they haven't sold their allotment yet, then maybe only around 2K show up???

Maybe 90% Bison fans.....
The word on the street is that the new tickets came from the leftover from students and staff that didn't collect their lottery tickets.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 31st, 2015, 04:06 PM
The word on the street is that the new tickets came from the leftover from students and staff that didn't collect their lottery tickets.

For whatever reason, it doesn't bode well that the initial amount of tickets from your allotment were not sold.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 31st, 2015, 04:08 PM

Holy crap....only 1 month on AGS and you have over 1k posts already....putting a posting clinic on....xeekx....:D

JSUSoutherner
December 31st, 2015, 04:18 PM
For whatever reason, it doesn't bode well that the initial amount of tickets from your allotment were not sold.
It's because the total allotment never went on sale to the public, they were split. The public access tickets sold out, the lottery tickets had a few left after the two draws and they got tired of waiting on kids to quit bailing out so they turned them public.

As for the idiots on Twitter. You should have made yourself a few dollars.

Holy crap....only 1 month on AGS and you have over 1k posts already....putting a posting clinic on....xeekx....:D

I get a prize now, right? I heard I would get a major award for this feat.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/31/b712d46a838181fd99b141786f91ad35.jpg