1 dimensional running QBs.

- - - Updated - - -

Home games against USD, but that doesn't help you. :D

Sundog
December 12th, 2015, 03:23 PM
AMERICAN IDOL and mint chocolate chip ice cream

thebootfitter
December 12th, 2015, 03:23 PM
Without Wentz, they are decent when they need to pass, but if the run defense is solid, the Bison passing game could be considered a weakness.

Also, right now, the field goals have been inconsistent.

We false start way more than we should.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Winterborn
December 12th, 2015, 03:25 PM
Taylor Swift concerts......

Southern Bison
December 12th, 2015, 03:36 PM
Georgia Southern cheerleader captains...but only if you're a wide receiver.

TheKingpin28
December 12th, 2015, 03:41 PM
Georgia Southern cheerleader captains...but only if you're a wide receiver.

🙌

Southern Bison
December 12th, 2015, 03:43 PM
Point blank...the Bison LBs & Secondary are a much better unit than what ISU-r offered up last night. The NDSU front 4 can and will get pressure on the UR QB and hold Green in check. We've faced a pass-happy team in Montana and now a running team in UNI.

Simply put, the boys are playing their best football of the year right now.

NDSU_grad
December 12th, 2015, 06:28 PM
Our offensive coordinator, according to a lot of Bison fans.

centennial
December 12th, 2015, 06:37 PM
Taylor Swift concerts......
Ding ding ding

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 12th, 2015, 06:43 PM
Point blank...the Bison LBs & Secondary are a much better unit than what ISU-r offered up last night. The NDSU front 4 can and will get pressure on the UR QB and hold Green in check. We've faced a pass-happy team in Montana and now a running team in UNI.

Simply put, the boys are playing their best football of the year right now.

This here.

Ill State's defense looked like a shell of itself compared to last year. The Bison defense is much better.

Looking forward to playing someone new.

Schism55
December 12th, 2015, 07:42 PM
1.Dylon
2.Dylon
3.Dylon
I spit hot fire

ST_Lawson
December 12th, 2015, 07:42 PM
Casey's pizza?

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 12th, 2015, 07:47 PM
Ill State's defense looked like a shell of itself compared to last year.

Was anyone saying this prior to last night? I don't pay enough attention to MVC football to know.

Bison56
December 12th, 2015, 07:51 PM
Casey's pizza?

Breakfast pizza anyways

- - - Updated - - -

Was anyone saying this prior to last night? I don't pay enough attention to MVC football to know.

I would say all season, they had to come from behind in a lot of games to win.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 12th, 2015, 07:55 PM

All season.

Their offense has squeaked out games for them this season.

I'm not taking anything away from Richmond's performance last night, they played a great game to win on the road. NDSU's defense will be a different animal.

Looking forward to the matchup. Richmond can run and pass.

bisonboone11
December 12th, 2015, 08:00 PM
Ditka

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 12th, 2015, 08:10 PM
All season.

Their offense has squeaked out games for them this season.

I'm not taking anything away from Richmond's performance last night, they played a great game to win on the road. NDSU's defense will be a different animal.

Looking forward to the matchup. Richmond can run and pass.

Fair enough.

Professor Chaos
December 12th, 2015, 08:24 PM
Chuck Norris wielding dual AK47s with chainsaw bayonets riding a mutated ill-tempered sea bass with a laser beam attached to its head.

That would be a good start...

Schism55
December 12th, 2015, 08:27 PM
Bison D plays the next 2 games the way they've played the last 2, it's a wrap.
D line is getting nasty with it.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 12th, 2015, 08:28 PM
Chuck Norris wielding dual AK47s with chainsaw bayonets riding a mutated ill-tempered sea bass with a laser beam attached to its head.

Chuck rules!!

xthumbsupx

Bisonwinagn
December 12th, 2015, 08:28 PM

Yes been saying all year a good passing team could put up a lot of points. The question was could anyone defend ISUR. Your first half performance was great and just good enough to hang on at the end.

Bisonoline
December 12th, 2015, 09:18 PM
Our offensive coordinator, according to a lot of Bison fans.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
THIS!

Bisonator
December 12th, 2015, 09:26 PM
Field goal kicking. It's been inconsistent at best this year. I miss Adam "4 toes" Keller.

DJKyR0
December 12th, 2015, 09:45 PM
Kryptonite.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

X-Factor
December 12th, 2015, 10:39 PM
Field goal kicking is definitely the top weakness. Other than that there really isn't a weakness, per se, but our WRs don't really have burner in their name and our QB is a freshman. On defense, if you can find a way to exploit Grimsley, there might be a small window for you. He has missed a few tackles as a true freshman, but has been steadily improving week-week.

BisonFan02
December 12th, 2015, 10:41 PM
1.Dylon
2.Dylon
3.Dylon
I spit hot fire

Holy ****..... xlolx

Bison56
December 12th, 2015, 11:49 PM
What the heck is a weakness? Never heard of it.

TennBison
December 13th, 2015, 05:19 AM
Weaknesses, we don't need no stinking weaknesses !!

caribbeanhen
December 13th, 2015, 06:02 AM
Richmond wont see any but Jacksonville State will see one, playing outside of Fargo is a weakness and Jacksonville State is the only team left capable of beating the Bison

Southern Bison
December 13th, 2015, 06:55 AM
Richmond wont see any but Jacksonville State will see one, playing outside of Fargo is a weakness and Jacksonville State is the only team left capable of beating the Bison
3 of our 5 losses have been at home in these past 5 seasons...YSU, ISU-B, & USD. Only 2 on the road in the UNIDome and Montana (both very hostile environments)

Frisco is NOT a hostile environment for the Bison.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 13th, 2015, 06:57 AM
3 of our 5 losses have been at home in these past 5 seasons...YSU, ISU-B, & USD. Only 2 on the road in the UNIDome and Montana (both very hostile environments)

xlolx...no kidding!!!

If the Bison make it to Frisco, just call it another home game like the last four.....although the 1st NC game was pretty close to 50/50

caribbeanhen
December 13th, 2015, 07:47 AM

I would take my chances in Frisco, like many a Bison fans have said you ratchet it up a level when playoffs start and no one is beating you there

Stonewall D
December 13th, 2015, 08:37 PM
Weaknesses, we don't need no stinking weaknesses !!
IMHO Richmond does not have the speed of your secondary. Also, NDSU has a strong D line that could cause Richmond trouble. I see few weaknesses of the NDSU defense.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 13th, 2015, 08:57 PM
IMHO Richmond does not have the speed of your secondary. Also, NDSU has a strong D line that could cause Richmond trouble. I see few weaknesses of the NDSU defense.

Which are?

BisoNick
December 13th, 2015, 10:10 PM
Which are?

I think he meant more of there aren't very many noticeable ones. It was more of a compliment toward the d. Unless I read it wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BisonFan02
December 13th, 2015, 10:16 PM
I found one......we are too white... xlolx

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
December 13th, 2015, 10:25 PM
I would say the offense being able to drive the field is a weakness against good defenses. Playing the field position game and pinning NDSU deep in our own territory has caused us fits at times. You can tell we put a lot of thought into the field position battle by the amount of time we put into special teams. I think teams in the past playoff runs thought they couldn't hang point wise for an entire game so they took too many chances that led to good field position. Looking at UNI who always gives us fits they play a conservative angle and try pin us deep. IMO that is a good strategy.

Stonewall D
December 13th, 2015, 11:16 PM
Richmond often gives up a lot on special teams. Instead of kicking to a good receiver we often just make a pooch kick. We have very little confidence in our kickers. We often lose the field position battle.

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
December 13th, 2015, 11:24 PM
Richmond often gives up a lot on special teams. Instead of kicking to a good receiver we often just make a pooch kick. We have very little confidence in our kickers. We often lose the field position battle.

Ouch.... Then your offense had better score 35 if you want to win. A tough task in Fargo.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 14th, 2015, 06:37 AM
I think he meant more of there aren't very many noticeable ones. It was more of a compliment toward the d. Unless I read it wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe.

As a Bison fans we have seen what kind of teams can beat the Bison. Power teams that match up physically with the Bison....UNI or passing teams that have a good balance of run/pass.

Richmond can do both, so I suspect the Bison defense will be challenged. But with how the Bison defense has been playing, I think it will be very difficult for Richmond to consistently score against them. This game could be like the New Hampshire game a few years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

One thing the Bison do very well is the field position game.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 14th, 2015, 10:01 AM

True story. My friend comes out of the bathroom after the game in Frisco last year and tells me an Illinois State fan apparently remarked that "man, you have a lot of white guys on your team".

Gil Dobie
December 14th, 2015, 10:21 AM
Southern Speed, heat and humidity.

Catsfan90
December 14th, 2015, 10:21 AM
When blm protests the game, Richmond may have a chance.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 14th, 2015, 10:23 AM
When blm protests the game, Richmond may have a chance.

The lack of diversity in North Dakota is clearly a microaggression.

Professor Chaos
December 14th, 2015, 10:26 AM
True story. My friend comes out of the bathroom after the game in Frisco last year and tells me an Illinois State fan apparently remarked that "man, you have a lot of white guys on your team".
He should've said "you guys should see South Dakota State".

BEAR
December 14th, 2015, 03:30 PM
Bison weakness: Going to the Natty game...its a weakness they just can't seem to overcome.

Which makes me think..I wonder how many tickets will be on sale and what they can get for them if the Bison DON'T make it. xlolx

JSUSoutherner
December 14th, 2015, 03:36 PM
Bison weakness: Going to the Natty game...its a weakness they just can't seem to overcome.

Which makes me think..I wonder how many tickets will be on sale and what they can get for them if the Bison DON'T make it. xlolx

The stadium will be half empty and they will be giving away tickets for free.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 14th, 2015, 04:00 PM

Eastern Washington and Villanova got 13k or so.

Sycamore62
December 14th, 2015, 04:38 PM
1 dimensional running QBs.

- - - Updated - - -

Home games against USD, but that doesn't help you. :D

Pick 6s (nope not gonna go away)

Also if you are a mid level MVFC team that has been trying to get out of a losing season slump, that is an advantage at the Fargo Dome

NoDak 4 Ever
December 14th, 2015, 04:44 PM
People thinking No Dak State is a good way to write the name of our University.

JSUSoutherner
December 14th, 2015, 04:47 PM

Could be worse, they could call you Jackson State or Jacksonville University and think you're in Florida.

Eight Legger
December 14th, 2015, 04:59 PM

But your username is .... oh, nevermind.

December 14th, 2015, 05:56 PM
The lack of diversity in North Dakota is clearly a microaggression.
FCS recrute mostly on a regional basis. The region around here is mostly white. True there are more blacks than there used to be here, but most seem to be to smart to move where they are going to freeze their *ss off. Or maybe we are just to dumb to leave.

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 14th, 2015, 06:24 PM
But your username is .... oh, nevermind.

Beautiful.

AmsterBison
December 14th, 2015, 08:03 PM

Yeah, I saw that in the ISU-Red game... however, Richmond really executed the pooch kick well.

Thumper 76
December 15th, 2015, 03:14 PM
Get Jesus on your side. Have him turn their water and Gatorade into wine. By the second half they will be drunk and dehydrated. Game over.

Professor Chaos
December 15th, 2015, 03:15 PM
Get Jesus on your side. Have him turn their water and Gatorade into wine. By the second half they will be drunk and dehydrated. Game over.
Alcohol only makes people from North Dakota stronger. xtroublex

Twentysix
December 16th, 2015, 03:48 AM
Pick 6s (nope not gonna go away)

Also if you are a mid level MVFC team that has been trying to get out of a losing season slump, that is an advantage at the Fargo Dome

No kidding. We are at our weakest at home.

AmsterBison
December 16th, 2015, 08:10 AM
Alcohol only makes people from North Dakota stronger. xtroublex

Funnier and better-looking too.

In answer to the question: boobs.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 16th, 2015, 08:48 AM
Funnier and better-looking too.

In answer to the question: boobs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc2ekrgM7Do

Stonewall D
December 17th, 2015, 08:21 AM
IMHO, Richmond does not match up well against NDSU. From everything I have read on this board, Richmond can expect a dominant performance by the Bison. The d line is too strong and the o line will control the line of scrimmage. NDSU's special teams are better. The only area that might be exploited by the Spiders is NDSU's secondary.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 17th, 2015, 04:42 PM
IMHO, Richmond does not match up well against NDSU. From everything I have read on this board, Richmond can expect a dominant performance by the Bison. The d line is too strong and the o line will control the line of scrimmage. NDSU's special teams are better. The only area that might be exploited by the Spiders is NDSU's secondary.

FS and SS are both FR. Plus the Bison corners have been beaten this year a few times. I fully expect Richmond to go after the Bison secondary.

BisonTru
December 17th, 2015, 05:03 PM
FS and SS are both FR. Plus the Bison corners have been beaten this year a few times. I fully expect Richmond to go after the Bison secondary.

Minor correction, FS Dempsey is a Sophomore. I doubt they'll have much success against CJ, but Champion is another story. ISU lost a lot of 50/50 balls, hope our guys fair better.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 17th, 2015, 05:21 PM
Minor correction, FS Dempsey is a Sophomore. I doubt they'll have much success against CJ, but Champion is another story. ISU lost a lot of 50/50 balls, hope our guys fair better.

yep, you're right...going off of memory....not all there I guess...xnodx

MacThor
December 17th, 2015, 06:46 PM
Ah, there it is....

caribbeanhen
December 17th, 2015, 06:51 PM
#21 better be ready

Stonewall D
December 17th, 2015, 07:32 PM
I do not see the weaknesses in the secondary as an issue. If the pass rush is as dominant, Richmond will have a very difficult time matching up. It also sounds like your QB tends to stare down his main receiver. Again, I do not see that as important if you are so dominant in the run game. It could be a long night for the Spiders against the Bison. The spread is still about 13.5 points.

tribefan40
December 17th, 2015, 09:43 PM
Having endured years of crowd noise, the collective eardrums of all bison coaches and players explode on the first UR drive, advantage spiders.

Bisonoline
December 17th, 2015, 10:23 PM
Having endured years of crowd noise, the collective eardrums of all bison coaches and players explode on the first UR drive, advantage spiders.

Actually the crowd noise is a blessing in the fact you dont have to hear some of the most stupid crap that come out of some these hoople heads mouths.

Twentysix
December 18th, 2015, 04:42 AM
I don't know about weaknesses, but... I just found one of NDSU's hidden strengths.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22041&stc=1

Twentysix
December 18th, 2015, 08:51 PM
I guess it's not Richmond. Clearly it is the kicking game. xbawlingx

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 18th, 2015, 10:36 PM
There were none.

End of thread.

Twentysix
December 18th, 2015, 10:42 PM
There were none.

End of thread.

You must not have watched the same game as me. NDSU's kicking game was horrible.

Hammerhead
December 18th, 2015, 11:23 PM
Luckily, it wasn't a close game with our kicking woes.

Catsfan90
December 19th, 2015, 09:09 AM
Luckily, it wasn't a close game with our kicking woes.
UNH used to have the same issues until they finally benched our kicker. He would miss extra points and chip shots. It doesn't seem like much at the time, but they really come back to haunt you!

Is there anyone who can take the duties other than pedersen(sp).

NoDak 4 Ever
December 19th, 2015, 09:20 AM
UNH used to have the same issues until they finally benched our kicker. He would miss extra points and chip shots. It doesn't seem like much at the time, but they really come back to haunt you!

Is there anyone who can take the duties other than pedersen(sp).

Lecompte can do it for one game.

Nickels
December 19th, 2015, 09:24 AM
Kicking and back up qb are the two biggest that stood out to me.

centennial
December 19th, 2015, 10:07 AM

Backup QB had a Big 10 offer, and has learned from a NFL caliber QB. He can be a little late on his throws but he is still better than a lot of FCS QBs. Kicker is our big disadvantage. The same dude was fine in the regular season, since then he has lost his confidence.

IBleedYellow
December 19th, 2015, 10:10 AM
Keep calling our 8-0 backup QB a disadvantage.

I love it.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Nickels
December 19th, 2015, 10:13 AM
Keep calling our 8-0 backup QB a disadvantage.

I love it.

You guys take EVERYTHING way too personal. Holy ****.

If Richmond's D had any sort of hand-eye coordination, he throws 3-4 pics last night. That is most certainly a weakness.

Nickels
December 19th, 2015, 10:15 AM
Kicker is our big disadvantage. The same dude was fine in the regular season, since then he has lost his confidence.
We had one of the best in subdivision and he blew his knee out a few weeks back. We have a fish back there now. He's definitely a step down but doing fairly well for an inexperience freshman.

IBleedYellow
December 19th, 2015, 10:23 AM

If Richmond's D had any sort of hand-eye coordination, he throws 3-4 pics last night. That is most certainly a weakness.
I didn't take anything personal. Hah.

Just stating he's 8-0 as a Freshman, idk how that's a weakness.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 19th, 2015, 10:24 AM

The team with the division lead in interceptions doesn't have "hand/eye coordination" for easy picks.

I'm sure that's it.

Nickels
December 19th, 2015, 10:51 AM
LOL. You guys act like little league parents.

I guess those multiple late thrown out routes never happened. Don't want to hurt anyone's feelings discussing anything that MAY be perceived as a slightly negative aspect of the respected four time champion.

BisonBacker
December 19th, 2015, 10:58 AM
Guys Stick did throw some ill advised passes that at a minimum could have been INT's and worse case pick 6's. Even our play by play guys were saying it. Nothing wrong with being objective.

dewey
December 19th, 2015, 11:01 AM

Agreed! The kicking, field goals and even extra points, are a big concern to me. Coach Klieman mentioned ed in the post game press conference that Ben LeCompte, punter, was sick as a dog yesterday receiving an IV before the game and that he thought affect Ted the first extra point and then then potentially snow balled on. Not an excuse I am just saying what I heard. The kicking game is clearly a weakness.

I would say the passing game is also a weakness but it has not been an issue because the running game, defense and special teams have been so good. If Wentz starts the championship game then the passing game goes from a weak essential to a strength.

I get that Stick is 8-0 as a starter but the passing g game is still a weakness. Stick makes some great throws and reads and then some head scratchers.

Dewey

Bison56
December 19th, 2015, 11:01 AM
Guys Stick did throw some ill advised passes that at a minimum could have been INT's and worse case pick 6's. Even our play by play guys were saying it. Nothing wrong with being objective.

^This

dewey
December 19th, 2015, 11:02 AM
Nothing wrong with being objective.

^^^^This right here!

Dewey

WTFCollegefootballfan
December 19th, 2015, 11:11 AM
Agreed! The kicking, field goals and even extra points, are a big concern to me. Coach Klieman mentioned ed in the post game press conference that Ben LeCompte, punter, was sick as a dog yesterday receiving an IV before the game and that he thought affect Ted the first extra point and then then potentially snow balled on. Not an excuse I am just saying what I heard. The kicking game is clearly a weakness.

I would say the passing game is also a weakness but it has not been an issue because the running game, defense and special teams have been so good. If Wentz starts the championship game then the passing game goes from a weak essential to a strength.

I get that Stick is 8-0 as a starter but the passing g game is still a weakness. Stick makes some great throws and reads and then some head scratchers.

Dewey

Stick with Stick!!!

IBleedYellow
December 19th, 2015, 11:14 AM
Of course he had ill-advised passes, but guess what stat matters?

WINS.

You could be the best QB to ever grace God's green earth, but if you can't win, NDSU fans will chew you up and spit you out.

FACT.

stevdock
December 19th, 2015, 11:18 AM
FCS world you had about 7 weeks to bury the Bison and didn't get the job done. Even during the USD game, we lost a major piece of armor, but instead just made us stronger. Now you're paying the price for it as we are getting towards 2013 Bison levels.

WTFCollegefootballfan
December 19th, 2015, 11:19 AM

Dewey

Coach K. said the players have confidence in Stick. Coach K. isn't going to mess with the way this team is playing.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 19th, 2015, 11:20 AM
Of course he had ill-advised passes, but guess what stat matters?

WINS.

You could be the best QB to ever grace God's green earth, but if you can't win, NDSU fans will chew you up and spit you out.

FACT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGXzlRoNtHU

Nickels
December 19th, 2015, 11:23 AM
He may be named Stick, y'all may call him Stick but we all know who the ​real OG Stick is...

http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I0000R4xKocdS11w/s/750/750/MAF2012C023.jpg

BisonFan02
December 19th, 2015, 11:36 AM
He may be named Stick, y'all may call him Stick but we all know who the ​real OG Stick is...

http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I0000R4xKocdS11w/s/750/750/MAF2012C023.jpg

Look at those Twigs.... xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 19th, 2015, 11:49 AM
Coach K and the staff are all on the road today recruiting. Last year IIRC, they had 4 commitments the day after the semi-final game.

This staff works their butts off. He said they will hit the Twin cities, IA, SD,WI, KS, MO and FL....probably some more....I didn't catch the whole response that he had.

dewey
December 19th, 2015, 12:34 PM
Coach K. said the players have confidence in Stick. Coach K. isn't going to mess with the way this team is playing.

Of course coach Klieman said that the team has confidence in Easton Stick. There isn't a good coach any where that would come out and tell everyone that their redshirt freshman quarterback doesn't have the team behind him. That would be disastrous.

NDSU weaknesses in my eyes.
Place kicking...especially field goals.
Passing game (down the field passing game)

The passing game weakness only becomes a bigger issue if NDSU is forced to pass the ball by being down late in the game or a team completely taking the run game away. If the run game, special teams and defense Co tinge at the same level the passing game weakness more than likely doesn't bite you with a loss. There is a big difference between passing g the ball when you want to versus passing the ball when you have to.

The NDSU coaches have done a great job getting the ball out of Sticks hands to pay makers in space to limit exposing the passing game weakness. Stick made some great throws but some not so good as well. The passing game right now reminds me of something between the 2010 and 2011 seasons.

I personally think Stick will be a stud for NDSU the next few years.

There is nothing wrong with admitting that NDSU has weaknesses on their team.

Dewey

dewey
December 19th, 2015, 12:36 PM

Oh Brian Bell. I remember in 2012 that hit Kyle Emanuel laid on him. I thought he was literally going to be broken in half. 4th down play where he did the play fake rolled put and as he turned Emanuel was right there to plant him. That hurt watching.

Dewey

IBleedYellow
December 19th, 2015, 12:40 PM
Oh Brian Bell. I remember in 2012 that hit Kyle Emanuel laid on him. I thought he was literally going to be broken in half. 4th down play where he did the play fake rolled put and as he turned Emanuel was right there to plant him. That hurt watching.

Dewey

I'll always respect Bell.

He got his ass handed to him two years in a row by our defense, but he kept on playing.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 19th, 2015, 12:42 PM
Of course coach Klieman said that the team has confidence in Easton Stick. There isn't a good coach any where that would come out and tell everyone that their redshirt freshman quarterback doesn't have the team behind him. That would be disastrous.

The passing game weakness only becomes a bigger issue if NDSU is forced to pass the ball by being down late in the game or a team completely taking the run game away. If the run game, special teams and defense Co tinge at the same level the passing game weakness more than likely doesn't bite you with a loss. There is a big difference between passing g the ball when you want to versus passing the ball when you have to.

The NDSU coaches have done a great job getting the ball out of Sticks hands to pay makers in space to limit exposing the passing game weakness. Stick made some great throws but some not so good as well. The passing game right now reminds me of something between the 2010 and 2011 seasons.

Dewey

Agree.

Place kicking
Deep pass routes by the other team.
Make Stick beat you with his arm.

caribbeanhen
December 19th, 2015, 08:05 PM

lets just hope we get a good game, I think we will

TwinCitiesBison
December 19th, 2015, 08:12 PM
Bison defensive secondary is very physical. You'll find that if you throw it deep, you'll get A LOT of DPI and defensive holding calls against them.

Thundar
December 20th, 2015, 04:53 AM

This guy was thrown around like a rag doll 2 years straight........

MacThor
December 20th, 2015, 10:48 AM

Richmond didn't make plays that were there.
NDSU made just about every play there was to be made.

Wilson16
December 20th, 2015, 10:57 AM

Very true statements. Could have used them a week ago too.

I'll St didn't make the plays that were there.
Richmond made just about every play there was to be made.

Grizzlies82
December 20th, 2015, 01:24 PM
Agree.

Place kicking
Deep pass routes by the other team.
Make Stick beat you with his arm.

NW MN Bison, I think you nailed the three apparent weak links to this year's No Dakota State team.

I feel awful for NDSU's kicker. The poor kid has a train wreck going on in his head. Needs Zen therapy and a soft kitten to stroke between kicks.

NDSU secondary is the defense's weak link. Though rushing the front four (& occasional five) hasn't allowed QBs time to take advantage of this.

For a freshman, Stick has been playing exceptionally well. Still he is not a great passer. At least not yet. Relying on his arm is a recipe for failure.

None the less, taking advantage of these weak links is a trick for Jacksonville State. They need to grab a healthy lead to force NDSU out of their grind the clock ground game. Best way to get that lead is giving their QB time to find the open man, or to allow a deep route to develop. That said, nobody has been able to consistently withhold the Bison defensive line rush yet. Yet if the cocks want to win they need to score early and often. All in all, on paper this looks to be a great game. Go luck to both of you two.

AmsterBison
December 20th, 2015, 02:22 PM

Yeah, if Richmond's WRs and DBs haul in some of those catchable balls, it would have been a much closer game.

Bison56
December 20th, 2015, 03:19 PM
NW MN Bison, I think you nailed the three apparent weak links to this year's No Dakota State team.

I feel awful for NDSU's kicker. The poor kid has a train wreck going on in his head. Needs Zen therapy and a soft kitten to stroke between kicks.

NDSU secondary is the defense's weak link. Though rushing the front four (& occasional five) hasn't allowed QBs time to take advantage of this.

For a freshman, Stick has been playing exceptionally well. Still he is not a great passer. At least not yet. Relying on his arm is a recipe for failure.

None the less, taking advantage of these weak links is a trick for Jacksonville State. They need to grab a healthy lead to force NDSU out of their grind the clock ground game. Best way to get that lead is giving their QB time to find the open man, or to allow a deep route to develop. That said, nobody has been able to consistently withhold the Bison defensive line rush yet. Yet if the cocks want to win they need to score early and often. All in all, on paper this looks to be a great game. Go luck to both of you two.

I think it will be a challenge to get to JSU 's QB he is pretty mobile which can by the WR time to get open.

Lehigh'98
December 21st, 2015, 06:39 AM

Dewey

Spot on with this post. I'll say it again. The way to beat NDSU is to strike early and get them out of their comfort zone. IF that were to happen, they are better off with Wentz bringing them from behind. To their credit, it's yet to happen in close to 5 years of playoff appearances.

Gamecocks99
December 28th, 2015, 06:06 PM
What is the longest field goal for NDSU this year?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 28th, 2015, 06:08 PM
What is the longest field goal for NDSU this year?

49 yds

gumby013
December 28th, 2015, 07:05 PM
49 yds

Exactly 49 yards.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 28th, 2015, 07:55 PM
Exactly 49 yards.
Troof. That was great!

caribbeanhen
December 28th, 2015, 08:10 PM
if this game comes down to a FG you Bisons are gonna put some fresh fruit in your looms

Twentysix
December 29th, 2015, 08:45 PM
if this game comes down to a FG you Bisons are gonna put some fresh fruit in your looms

No kidding. Our walk on kicker has the leg strength for a 55, but crap he can't hit a barn from 30 yds.

THE HERD
December 30th, 2015, 09:45 AM
No kidding. Our walk on kicker has the leg strength for a 55, but crap he can't hit a barn from 30 yds.

Pederson will be fine....42yds and in his success rate is solid. A few of his misses in the playoffs should be put squarely on Kleimans shoulders and to his credit he even admitted that. You don't send a true freshmen kicker out there in the playoffs to kick a 54 yarder unless there is only a few seconds on the clock and your forced too. Polasek just needs to play call with that 40yd range in mind and if we are forced to send him out there for a long kick, at least we know he has the leg strength to get it there, some kickers just have no shot at the long kicks at this level of football. To say he can't hit a barn at 30 yds is a dumb statement though.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 30th, 2015, 09:53 AM
Pederson will be fine....42yds and in his success rate is solid. A few of his misses in the playoffs should be put squarely on Kleimans shoulders and to his credit he even admitted that. You don't send a true freshmen kicker out there in the playoffs to kick a 54 yarder unless there is only a few seconds on the clock and your forced too. Polasek just needs to play call with that 40yd range in mind and if we are forced to send him out there for a long kick, at least we know he has the leg strength to get it there, some kickers just have no shot at the long kicks at this level of football. To say he can't hit a barn at 30 yds is a dumb statement though.

This here.

Cam will be fine.

THE HERD
December 30th, 2015, 09:53 AM
Pedersons stats: 20-29yds he is 2-3, 30-39yds he is 3-4, 40-49yds he is 4-7 and 50+ 0-2. So basically 40yds and in he is 5-7, which is 71%.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 30th, 2015, 09:57 AM
Pedersons stats: 20-29yds he is 2-3, 30-39yds he is 3-4, 40-49yds he is 4-7 and 50+ 0-2. So basically 40yds and in he is 5-7, which is 71%.

This. Do NOT take the last game as indicative of his abilities.

I think Ben having the flu totally ****ed everybody on the kicking team. He botched a snap, screwed up a kickoff and probably had a couple of shaky holds for Cam. Fisher hasn't been doing him any favors either.

I'm completely OK with him in the NC game.

AmsterBison
December 30th, 2015, 10:31 AM
NDSU's defense has looked helpless sometimes against the spread. Youngstown really carved up the defense on the ground (especially outside the tackles) but they couldn't pass. SIU couldn't run much but they carved NDSU up through the air. JSU can do both. They're like ISU-Red if the 'Birds QB was a better passer playing from behind a nastier OL.

On offense, the biggest problem is fumbling. At the beginning of the year, the interior offensive line looked terrible, but they've gotten better.

To me, JSU reminds me of the 1990 Pittsburg State team back in the D2 days... we kind of scoffed at their level of competition because their conference was weak. That turned out to be the most back-and-forth game in NDSU's D2 history.

Professor Chaos
December 30th, 2015, 11:06 AM
NDSU's defense has looked helpless sometimes against the spread. Youngstown really carved up the defense on the ground (especially outside the tackles) but they couldn't pass. SIU couldn't run much but they carved NDSU up through the air. JSU can do both. They're like ISU-Red if the 'Birds QB was a better passer playing from behind a nastier OL.

On offense, the biggest problem is fumbling. At the beginning of the year, the interior offensive line looked terrible, but they've gotten better.

To me, JSU reminds me of the 1990 Pittsburg State team back in the D2 days... we kind of scoffed at their level of competition because their conference was weak. That turned out to be the most back-and-forth game in NDSU's D2 history.
I actually think Roberson last year was a slightly better passer than Jenkins is this year. Roberson this year is nowhere near what Jenkins was this year. I see a lot of similarities between ISUr last year and JSU this year but I'd probably give the 2015 JSU team the edge on the O-line and on defense.

Regardless, NDSU got torched on the ground by the ISUr read option in the 2014 title game to the tune of allowing 9.9 yards per rush. They'll need to do much better this year to win. They need to play the type of read option defense they played against UNI #2 or Jenkins will expose a weakness against running QBs that bit the Bison pretty frequently throughout the October games.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 30th, 2015, 11:45 AM
I actually think Roberson last year was a slightly better passer than Jenkins is this year. Roberson this year is nowhere near what Jenkins was this year. I see a lot of similarities between ISUr last year and JSU this year but I'd probably give the 2015 JSU team the edge on the O-line and on defense.

Regardless, NDSU got torched on the ground by the ISUr read option in the 2014 title game to the tune of allowing 9.9 yards per rush. They'll need to do much better this year to win. They need to play the type of read option defense they played against UNI #2 or Jenkins will expose a weakness against running QBs that bit the Bison pretty frequently throughout the October games.

The defense in the last 3 playoff games has really led me to believe they have it figured out. They exorcised two demons in Montana and UNI, two defenses that really exposed their inexperience in the first meeting, then took on a hot offense in Richmond that hung 550 yds against Illinois State on the road.

3 weeks to gameplan further feeds my confidence.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 30th, 2015, 02:22 PM
The only time NDSU has gotten "carved up" is the first game against Montana through the air. In both games mentioned earlier where I guess the Bison got "carved up", the Bison outgained both of those teams.....SIU and YSU.