PDA

View Full Version : SHSU @ Jacksonville State

Pages : [1] 2 3

Samalum'10
December 12th, 2015, 02:46 PM
First team that has to kick a FG loses...

BisonFan02
December 12th, 2015, 02:47 PM
O/U at 90?

centennial
December 12th, 2015, 02:48 PM
SHSU bros let's do this thing again.

Samalum'10
December 12th, 2015, 02:49 PM
O/U at 90?
At least

BearKatProud
December 12th, 2015, 02:51 PM
O/U at 90?

In the first quarter?

Daytripper
December 12th, 2015, 03:39 PM
SHSU bros let's do this thing again.

Third time a charm for Sammy? If we get there, this would be our best shot.

Redbirdz
December 12th, 2015, 03:44 PM
Whoa partner, you are playing the No. 1 team and will be the underdog...so shoot straight. Lightning doesn't strike in the same place twice.

centennial
December 12th, 2015, 03:47 PM
Third time a charm for Sammy? If we get there, this would be our best shot.

Let's win both our games. I'll be cheering for SHSU. For the record I think it'll be a close game for 2 quarters vs Sam Houston, JSU might have more of the horses to stay with NDSU.

BearKatProud
December 12th, 2015, 03:55 PM
Whoa partner, you are playing the No. 1 team and will be the underdog...so shoot straight. Lightning doesn't strike in the same place twice.

Seriously...lightening strikes in the same place all the time.

And if we believe the seeds SHSU should've been out in the 2nd round. This year and last year.

Texas
December 12th, 2015, 03:58 PM

But last years motto was OVC gets no respect.

Sam_Kats
December 12th, 2015, 04:00 PM
2 really good teams. Should be fun!

jsualumnus
December 12th, 2015, 04:04 PM
Let's win both our games. I'll be cheering for SHSU. For the record I think it'll be a close game for 2 quarters vs Sam Houston, JSU might have more of the horses to stay with NDSU.

Wouldn't you rather root for JSU and get a crack at us? That way you guys can say you beat the #1 ranked team? No cockiness here, for a lack of better terms, but if I were a NDSU fan I want to play JSU in Frisco...

Texas
December 12th, 2015, 04:06 PM
Wouldn't you rather root for JSU and get a crack at us? That way you guys can say you beat the #1 ranked team? No cockiness here, for a lack of better terms, but if I were a NDSU fan I want to play JSU in Frisco...

Well if you lose you aren't the #1 team... Who cares what a NDSU fan cheers for? End of the day they just want another Natty.

jsualumnus
December 12th, 2015, 04:08 PM
I take zero creiniry in the seeds... Any Given Saturday, right?

The JSU D plays better against the SHSU type of Offense, as CSU wore us down, but I do think both teams score quite a bit, just not as much as we did this week. Those BearKat fans coming into town can check out forum at gojaxstate.boards.net for all travel related info...

Drive safely!

My my prediction is JSU 42 / SHSU 36...

Daytripper
December 12th, 2015, 04:11 PM
Does the J'ville scoreboard go to three digits??? xconfusedx

jsualumnus
December 12th, 2015, 04:16 PM
Does the J'ville scoreboard go to three digits??? xconfusedx

Only the Home side does!! xlolx

TheEagleSHSU
December 12th, 2015, 04:18 PM
Only the Home side does!! xlolx

LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bearkat 41
December 12th, 2015, 04:32 PM
Should be a great game. I wasn't blown away by j states defense but that was one game that I saw.

Special teams were bad Friday night continually giving csu great field position. Wonder if that plays a role in this game

Looking forward to it.

TheRevSFA
December 12th, 2015, 04:34 PM
Sam destroys JSU 48-24

JSUSoutherner
December 12th, 2015, 04:57 PM
Seriously...lightening strikes in the same place all the time.

And if we believe the seeds SHSU should've been out in the 2nd round. This year and last year.
Lightening strikes nowhere.
Lightning strikes wherever.

centennial
December 12th, 2015, 05:18 PM
If you don't beat SHSU, you weren't #1 anyway.

Ivytalk
December 12th, 2015, 06:09 PM
I was impressed by Jax State's fan support on Friday night. I think they will beat Sam by 48-40, or close to it.

jsualumnus
December 12th, 2015, 08:37 PM
I was impressed by Jax State's fan support on Friday night. I think they will beat Sam by 48-40, or close to it.

I stopped a buddy from going to Penn, once...

Go...gate
December 12th, 2015, 10:27 PM
This is going to be a hell of a great game. Both are outstanding clubs.

dewey
December 12th, 2015, 10:42 PM
End of the day they just want another Natty.

^^^^This right here. I can't speak for all NDSU fans but if NDSU wins the next 2 games I could give a crap less who NDSU beats in the championship game.

As for the SHSU JSU game there should be a lot of motivation for both teams. Revenge for JSU and SHSU trying to finally win a championship.

Dewey

ASU33
December 13th, 2015, 01:43 AM
Tough call. I'll definitely be back in Jacksonville for this one!

caribbeanhen
December 13th, 2015, 05:58 AM
Jacksonville State wins it at the wire, this is a great FCS matchup

jsualumnus
December 13th, 2015, 08:22 AM
Should have another great crowd as well...

jsualumnus
December 13th, 2015, 08:28 AM
Attached is the link for the stats from last year's game. What killed us were the 12 penalties for 129 yards. We gave them some big plays because of PF's in the 2nd half... It was a complete meltdown... This game could be one for the ages!!!

http://espn.go.com/college-football/matchup?gameId=400609095 (http://espn.go.com/college-football/matchup?gameId=400609095)

Sam_Kats
December 13th, 2015, 09:04 AM
I would say both teams are better than last year. The deer lease TV will definitely be on ESPNU, come Saturday afternoon.

Nickels
December 13th, 2015, 09:10 AM
Has JSU gotten bigger and better in the secondary? They couldn't handle L. Brown last year at all. Too easy for him. Now that our passing game is far ahead of where it was last year, I don't think JSU has the horses to slow down SHSU receivers. Brown, Yedi, Davis, Thomas and crew will be too much for them. Hall remains unblockable.

jsualumnus
December 13th, 2015, 09:23 AM
The questions aren't the Defenses as both could possibly struggle to hold both Offenses... The bigger question is; How many points could be scored in this game? Both Offenses are playing lights out right now....

Nickels
December 13th, 2015, 09:44 AM
The questions aren't the Defenses as both could possibly struggle to hold both Offenses... The bigger question is; How many points could be scored in this game? Both Offenses are playing lights out right now....
I don't expect either offense to score on every drive, so yes, D is very important IMO. I seem to remember a second half shutout by a D last year to win the game.

This isn't going to be a 100+ point game like some of you think it is.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 13th, 2015, 09:47 AM
SHSU turns it on during the playoffs. I bet they do it again to Jax State.

Sammy in a close game.

Cocky
December 13th, 2015, 09:59 AM
Our problem last year was the first td we had you stop on a 3rd but we were called for PI.
Second TD we threw an interception deep in our territory.
Fourth TD we rough the punter.
Our penalties probably gave Sam 1/3 of their first downs, also.
Hall was a problem in the second half.
Sam probably only had around 450 offensive while JSU was probably around 500.
Johnson gave us more issues on D than any other player on Sams team.

If JSU doesnt give the game away like last year it should be a fun day in Jville.

theEDOGG
December 13th, 2015, 10:23 AM
I definitely expect a shootout with some trick plays sprinkled in and I have a feeling that special teams will play a HUGE role. The weather looks to be fantastic so that shouldn't be an issue. I don't do predictions but y'all know who I'm rolling with...EAT 'EM UP KATS!!!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

BearKatProud
December 13th, 2015, 10:32 AM
Our problem last year was the first td we had you stop on a 3rd but we were called for PI.
Second TD we threw an interception deep in our territory.
Fourth TD we rough the punter.
Our penalties probably gave Sam 1/3 of their first downs, also.
Hall was a problem in the second half.
Sam probably only had around 450 offensive while JSU was probably around 500.
Johnson gave us more issues on D than any other player on Sams team.

If JSU doesnt give the game away like last year it should be a fun day in Jville.

Watched last year's game a couple of weeks ago and it was a lot closer than I remembered. Seems like the 'Kats didn't pull away until the 4th.

Bearkat 41
December 13th, 2015, 10:57 AM
Both teams have dynamic offenses that can score in bunches and have done so all year. The jsu defense is statistically better that shsu but the cocks special teams, specifically kick return defense, is God awful. The home field advantage is nice, but the Bearkats have shown the ability to win on the road.

It's hard to make a prediction with two really solid teams but I will go with a Kats victory by 10+ points.

CockyGeek
December 13th, 2015, 11:05 AM
Watched last year's game a couple of weeks ago and it was a lot closer than I remembered. Seems like the 'Kats didn't pull away until the 4th.

Yeah it was a close game for a while until we just got tired and outplayed in the second half. Most people seem to remember it as a massacre though.

I expect this to be a high scoring game with several lead changes. I haven't been worried about an FCS game all year until this one. I don't think I can stomach another loss to the Bearkats.

Sam_Kats
December 13th, 2015, 11:08 AM
Speaking of stomach, the fat dude who liked showing everyone that he's fat is gone or no? I recall last year everyone made a big fuss about him but he was a non-factor.

CockyGeek
December 13th, 2015, 11:18 AM
He graduated. All the beer bellies are fully covered this year. Our defense is a little better this year outside of the last couple of weeks, I hope. The offense is much improved.

catamount man
December 13th, 2015, 11:31 AM
Seriously looking forward to this game. Best of luck to both. GO CATS!

JaxSinfonian
December 13th, 2015, 11:45 AM
The jsu defense is statistically better that shsu but the cocks special teams, specifically kick return defense, is God awful.

This is accurate. Kickoff coverage has been a concern all year, and could have led to disaster Friday night. A team with more tools than Charleston Southern had might be able to exploit this weakness to help win. For the Bucs, thankfully, it wound up just being a way to stay in the game.

Cocky
December 13th, 2015, 11:46 AM
Fear the belly had as many tackles as Hall, but he didnt effect the game the same way.

Should be a good game just like the Richmond v NDSU. Teams dont make the semis because they suck.

CockyGeek
December 13th, 2015, 11:53 AM
We'rev going to have to kick it into the end zone every time to win this game. Our guys had trouble following the ball the whole night

Bearkat 41
December 13th, 2015, 11:56 AM
Fear the belly had as many tackles as Hall, but he didnt effect the game the same way.

Should be a good game just like the Richmond v NDSU. Teams dont make the semis because they suck.

Your last comment hit the nail on the head. Jacksonville state has been the number one team in the country most of the year. Shsu has been one of the top two teams in fcs for the majority of the last five years, making the semifinals or finals in four of those five years.

This will be a game between two teams who are both very good and who won't be intimidated by the other or the atmosphere. It could legitimately go either way.

JSUSoutherner
December 13th, 2015, 11:57 AM
If Rouleou can show up like he did Friday night we should be fine. We just need a return defense or to put them in the end zone.

Big_Fan
December 13th, 2015, 12:14 PM
We had about 100 yards more total offense than SHSU last year, but we also had 100 yards more in penalties. SHSU had 6 first downs by penalty.

Our defense is quite a bit better this year, though you wouldn't guess it based on the past 2 games. The past two games are somewhat misleading.

Huesman went off on us. It was the second game of the season against us, and his 3rd time to play us in 2 years... he knows us, and they threw a lot of wrinkles at us. With the short week before CSU, we weren't as prepared as we could have been for the option - specifically how to guard against the halfback dive. That hurt us more than the sideline to sideline stuff. Our defense is very fast, and does a great job covering horizontally. It was kind of the same thing with Huesman. When we would collapse the pocket, he would take off into the vacated area of the field. We couldn't put a spy on him because he is too accurate of a passer.

Last season Johnson was SHSU's offense against us. He hurt us running the ball almost as bad as he did passing it. Our secondary is better than last season when playing against a traditional offense. If your QB isn't a run threat, our defense will abandon the mush-rush we used the past two games, and we will see how good the SHSU OL is. We have 37 sacks on the season, and 124 tackles for loss. We get a lot of those without blitzing.

The kickoff cover stuff is easily fixed... I imagine the short week caused a loss of focus on that area. I bet the coaches are going to hit that pretty hard this week. Prior to CSU, we hadn't given up a TD on a kickoff return (or punt return), and our allowed yards was 21.46 on kickoff returns. More returns have been stopped inside the 25, than outside of it. Even including the CSU game, the average starting field position after kickoff (on the season) is the 28. Our kickoff coverage is not terrible... it was against CSU.

This will be a very interesting game. SHSU seems to have a really potent offense. We haven't played a *normal* offensive team in a while...by normal, I mean your base offense is not spread option, and your QB doesn't run a 4.5 and have 1500 rushing yards on the season. Last season we had 23 players on our 2 deep roster out with injury. This season that number looks to be less than 5. We are missing a starting DE who has been gone since game 3 (and was limited before then), our #2 RB, and possibly a receiver... not sure. There may be a few others who are nicked up, but it isn't like last year when we were a MASH unit on the sideline. If we lose this game, there are no excuses.

My biggest concern going into games like this (and possibly NDSU or Richmond) is our offense, believe it or not. While our offense is incredibly explosive, and can score a ton of points, at times they cannot sustain drives. We will sputter and stall repeatedly, and then score 3 times in 2 minutes. I worry that there will come a game where we need to grind out a long drive (like the Auburn game in the 4th quarter), and we won't be able to. I think our defense will be fine. They are better than they have shown over the past two weeks. Special teams can be corrected in a practice or 2. I worry that there is a fundamental flaw to our offense that makes it difficult for us to control the ball when we need to.

...oh, the the fat guy... Caleb Lawrence... he did a great job last season against SHSU. He did what he was supposed to do in a 3-4 defense - occupy space, force double teams, and keep the LB's clean. Lawrence had 6 tackles (3 solo), but the LB's had 29. Our top two tacklers were LB's. If our leading tacklers had been safeties, Caleb would have been a non-factor.

Sam_Kats
December 13th, 2015, 12:43 PM
I would expect a Jax St -3.5 line

chattownmocs
December 13th, 2015, 03:12 PM
Alot of people are focused on the strength of one side of the bracket vs the other. I'm looking at the strength of JSUs half of this half of the bracket vs shsu's. I think that is the real glaring difference. Sam Houston State claiming they have a better defense is a joke. Their defense is going to get embarrassed just like Chattanooga's and charlestons. 45-30 JSU.

kakat10
December 13th, 2015, 04:15 PM
Alot of people are focused on the strength of one side of the bracket vs the other. I'm looking at the strength of JSUs half of this half of the bracket vs shsu's. I think that is the real glaring difference. Sam Houston State claiming they have a better defense is a joke. Their defense is going to get embarrassed just like Chattanooga's and charlestons. 45-30 JSU.

It's Deja Vu from last year... I think you have the score right but in the wrong direction. Kats roll to a rematch in Frisco.

Nickels
December 13th, 2015, 05:05 PM
It's Deja Vu from last year... I think you have the score right but in the wrong direction. Kats roll to a rematch in Frisco.
A chattown prediction is about as accurate as a Craig Haley prediction; you want him to pick against your team.

dgtw
December 13th, 2015, 05:59 PM
^^^^This right here. I can't speak for all NDSU fans but if NDSU wins the next 2 games I could give a crap less who NDSU beats in the championship game.

Dewey

As for me, I really want to face NDSU in the finals if we make it there. No offense to Richmond, but beating the four time defending champs will make the championship even more special.

UNHWildcat18
December 13th, 2015, 07:08 PM

Right holy **** I was so sick of hearing about the strength of the other side of the bracket. WIU struggled to beat a dayton team until the 4th and they were lucky dayton imploded in the first half 4 times in the redzone. WIU then gave a tough game at ISUr who got punched in the mouth at home by Richmond. Griz also beat SDSU in the first round. I give NDSU and UNI credit being the real deal from their conference but man did we have to listen to so much **** about how one side was so much better than this half. I know it stinks the MVFC had all on one side but no way it would have been an MVFC final 4 if they had the top 4 seeds like most MVFC fans think.

PS. yeah JSU defense>SHSU defense lol

JSUSoutherner
December 13th, 2015, 07:24 PM
PS. yeah JSU defense>SHSU defense lol
Not only do I think our defense is better (ask any JSU fan, the CSU game was a defensive anomaly) our offense is unreal. We probably have the best O-Line in FCS. We racked up 506 rushing yards on a defense that held the almighty Crimson Tide under 200. We racked up over 400 yards on Auburn even before Eli remembered he knew how to run. And we ran the ball down Chat's throat more than Auburn did when they had Cam Newton at the wheel.

Even if our defense doesn't play top notch like it has 11 of the last 13 games we should be able to just flat out run them over on offense. And if they can stop the run, good luck when Grass throws Gonzo and Barge at you.

My prediction:
JSU: 42
SHSU: 28

BearKatProud
December 13th, 2015, 07:33 PM
Not only do I think our defense is better (ask any JSU fan, the CSU game was a defensive anomalie) our offense is unreal. We probably have the best O-Line in FCS. We racked up 506 rushing yards on a defense that held the almighty Crimson Tide under 200. We racked up almost 500 yards on Auburn even before Eli remembered he knew how to run. And we ran the ball down Chat's throat more than Auburn did when they had Cam Newton at the wheel.

Even if our defense doesn't play top notch like it has 11 of the last 13 games we should be able to just flat out run them over on offense. And if they can stop the run, good luck when Grass throws Gonzo and Barge at you.

My prediction:
JSU: 42
SHSU: 28

Sounds like you have nothing to worry about then.

PS- Mcneese was the #1 defense in the nation, not yours. We beat them
SHSU is #1 in total offense, not jsu.

Enjoy.

Sammy94
December 13th, 2015, 07:33 PM
Wow, not sure why we will even show up then. Oh wait this is the same stuff I heard last season.

jsualumnus
December 13th, 2015, 07:46 PM
Sounds like you have nothing to worry about then.

PS- Mcneese was the #1 defense in the nation, not yours. We beat them
SHSU is #1 in total offense, not jsu.

Enjoy.

McNeese's Defense had the luxury of not having the LSU game included in the stats. As we can attest, it's not hard to beat McNeese in the playoffs. As far as the #1 Offense? Our starters were out for a total of 2 games this year because of the blowouts they created. Soooooooo...you didn't get the memo......yeahhhh xcoffeex

I think JSU has had to play the toughest side
of the bracket this far... UTC was a beast...beat team we've played this year! Charleston Southern was the fastest team we've played. Those 38 points were there for a reason... The Citadel only gave up 14 points because of the 3rd string QB, but Copeland being the #2 is anyone else's starter....way better than Brown.

F'N Hawks
December 13th, 2015, 08:00 PM
Line is Jax St -9. O/U is 75

katstrapper
December 13th, 2015, 08:05 PM
Wow, not sure why we will even show up then. Oh wait this is the same stuff I heard last season.

Yep, exact same talk as last year. If my memory serves me correct, Kat D shut out their offense in the second half last year.

JSUSoutherner
December 13th, 2015, 08:08 PM
Yep, exact same talk as last year. If my memory serves me correct, Kat D shut out their offense in the second half last year.
Neat. Is it still last year?

Sammy fans sound a lot like Moc's fans did back in 2012.

BearKatProud
December 13th, 2015, 08:10 PM
McNeese's Defense had the luxury of not having the LSU game included in the stats. As we can attest, it's not hard to beat McNeese in the playoffs. As far as the #1 Offense? Our starters were out for a total of 2 games this year because of the blowouts they created. Soooooooo...you didn't get the memo......yeahhhh xcoffeex

I think JSU has had to play the toughest side
of the bracket this far... UTC was a beast...beat team we've played this year! Charleston Southern was the fastest team we've played. Those 38 points were there for a reason... The Citadel only gave up 14 points because of the 3rd string QB, but Copeland being the #2 is anyone else's starter....way better than Brown.

Wow, is there a legal limit on "ifs" in a post? If mcneese played lsu...if our starters weren't pulled.

I agree jsu has the tougher side, they have to play Sam Houston.

Simple question, how many times has jsu ever been in the semifinals? We were there last year....As we can attest, it's not hard to beat jsu in the playoffs.

BearKatProud
December 13th, 2015, 08:11 PM

Sammy fans sound a lot like Moc's fans did back in 2012.

jsu fans sounding a lot like jsu fans in 2014.

JSUSoutherner
December 13th, 2015, 08:12 PM
jsu fans sounding a lot like jsu fans in 2014.
The difference is now we know how the 4 rematches ended.

BearKatProud
December 13th, 2015, 08:14 PM
The difference is now we know how the 4 rematches ended.

I'm sure this makes sense to you, and that's all that matters.

Bison56
December 13th, 2015, 08:15 PM
xoutofrepx
I'm sure this makes sense to you, and that's all that matters.

JSUSoutherner
December 13th, 2015, 08:17 PM
Chat beat us in 2011, then talked crap, then lost the following four matchups. It's really not hard to understand.

jsualumnus
December 13th, 2015, 08:28 PM
Wow, is there a legal limit on "ifs" in a post? If mcneese played lsu...if our starters weren't pulled.

I agree jsu has the tougher side, they have to play Sam Houston.

Simple question, how many times has jsu ever been in the semifinals? We were there last year....As we can attest, it's not hard to beat jsu in the playoffs.

....and you lost last year in the Semi's, right?

BearKatProud
December 13th, 2015, 08:30 PM
....and you lost last year in the Semi's, right?

Sure did, to the national champions. Noticed you didn't answer the question.

- - - Updated - - -

Chat beat us in 2011, then talked crap, then lost the following four matchups. It's really not hard to understand.

Sorry, I haven't followed jsu since 2011. Nice of you to think I would though.

jsualumnus
December 13th, 2015, 08:36 PM
I could have sworn Keeler thought y'all were gonna be the national champions with as "cocky" as was, err, is...

BearKatProud
December 13th, 2015, 08:38 PM
I could have sworn Keeler thought y'all were gonna be the national champions with as "cocky" as was, err, is...

Turns out the lower level competition we faced in the playoffs last year wasn't a good indicator. xcoffeex

jsualumnus
December 13th, 2015, 08:54 PM
Seems you learned a lesson against........Lamar. xpeacex

BearKatProud
December 13th, 2015, 08:58 PM
Seems you learned a lesson against........Lamar. xpeacex

Making fun of Lamar? Why? They did what your team couldn't. It's nothing to cry about, although your players did. xbawlingx

chattownmocs
December 13th, 2015, 08:58 PM
I think SHSU has a good chance, but it's certainly not because of their D.

Let me get this straight though, SHSU believes they have no chance in a hypothetical match up with ndsu right?

jsualumnus
December 13th, 2015, 09:10 PM
Making fun of Lamar? Why? They did what your team couldn't. It's nothing to cry about, although your players did. xbawlingx

Let me help you... Saying that you lost against Lamar is more than likely making fun of SHSU...

BearKatProud
December 13th, 2015, 09:11 PM
In all seriousness, JSU is a great team and it looks like the crowd will be amazing. My 'Kats will need to play excellent to win.

Don't mistake my snark for a lack of respect, it's going to be a great game.

jsualumnus
December 13th, 2015, 09:13 PM
You guys have a stout Offense, but this game will be the toughest you would have played this year against an FCS opponent. Your D has to stop JSU's run and read option. That has proved to be unstoppable thus far. That's why many think this game will be high scoring... I do think 100 combined points is possible.

Hey BearKat, we're having a beer together this Saturday if you make the trip. This is a message board.... Come GameDay we hangout and talk beer!

BearKatProud
December 13th, 2015, 09:15 PM
Let me help you... Saying that you lost against Lamar is more than likely making fun of SHSU...

So you're making fun of the team that beat your team by pointing out they lost to a team you're not making fun of?

My fault, you make total sense.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 13th, 2015, 09:16 PM
NDSU/Richmond thread is up to 37 pages already....pick up your game!!!

jsualumnus
December 13th, 2015, 09:17 PM
Ha!! All is solved then!

jsualumnus
December 13th, 2015, 09:18 PM

We JSU and SHSU fans have jobs to prepare for tomorrow... xdrunkyx

Cocky
December 13th, 2015, 10:42 PM
Summary of this thread and probably the NDSU v Rich thread is similar, JSU fans pick JSU and SHSU fans pick Sam.

Bearkat 41
December 14th, 2015, 06:31 AM
Summary of this thread and probably the NDSU v Rich thread is similar, JSU fans pick JSU and SHSU fans pick Sam.

But Cocky, we should be arguing back and forth about why our team will win til we are blue in the face. Or be belittling each other for thinking our respective team is going to blow the doors off of the other team.

Maybe our game thread could get up to 50 pages of the rest if the ovc or slc fans would come on and tell us how dominant our conference is and why it is just a waste of time for any other fcs conference to play competitive football because clearly our conference is the only one that matters.

We really need to step it up

Cocky
December 14th, 2015, 06:47 AM
But Cocky, we should be arguing back and forth about why our team will win til we are blue in the face. Or be belittling each other for thinking our respective team is going to blow the doors off of the other team.

Maybe our game thread could get up to 50 pages of the rest if the ovc or slc fans would come on and tell us how dominant our conference is and why it is just a waste of time for any other fcs conference to play competitive football because clearly our conference is the only one that matters.

We really need to step it up
I do wish our conference was better but I want JSU to be the top dog.
I believe we have a good team but we can be beat like anyone. Also, believe we can beat anyone left in the playoffs but that and a dollar will buy you a cup of coffee.

JSU is quite a bit better than last year and Im not knowledgeable enough on Sam to compare to last year. Im happy Johnson isnt playing and wished Hall had graduated.

Milktruck74
December 14th, 2015, 07:11 AM
I believe we have a good team but we can be beat like anyone. Also, believe we can beat anyone left in the playoffs but that and a dollar will buy you a cup of coffee.

JSU is quite a bit better than last year and Im not knowledgeable enough on Sam to compare to last year. Im happy Johnson isnt playing and wished Hall had graduated.

Only with the Senior Citizen Discount. And FWIW, (I'm going to need a long hot shower after this) I'm pulling for JSU to take it all.

Bearkat 41
December 14th, 2015, 07:29 AM

I think the same for Sam. In my opinion The Kats offense is a bit more dangerous with Briscoe at QB simply because he can make throws that Johnson can't. We have four really good running backs headed by Avery and our receivers as a group are better than last year with the addition of Davis.

Johnson's running ability is very dangerous weapon but he hasn't run as aggressively this season but that appears to be by design to not get hit as much. I do believe both Briscoe and Johnson will be available on Saturday.

Defensively we are much the same as last year. When we are playing well we are very good. Obviously led by hall up front who luckily for us is only a redshirt sophomore. The d line as a whole can be very good though. However there have been times this design when you scratch your head with the performance of the defense.

Overall the offensive weapons for both teams are going to keep both teams defensive coordinators from getting a lot of sleep this week.

msupokes1
December 14th, 2015, 07:55 AM
On the year McNeese rushing defense gave up 87 yards a game and 300 total yards per game. When you take out the 2 SHSU games that number drops to 67 rushing yards per game and 269 total yards per game. SHSU offense is really good. They are versatile. Our defensive philosophy was to make teams one dimensional. Take away what they like to do. Match strength with strength. With SHSU you cant do that. They are dynamic at everything. Defensively we had more success against Jared Johnson but then they stick in Briscoe and he does something completely different. Briscoe is good. Defensively they are mediocre. PJ Hall is a beast. Their run defense is decent. Their pass D is terrible. Should be a shootout. I can see both teams scoring in the 40's in this one.

JSUSoutherner
December 14th, 2015, 07:59 AM
On the year McNeese rushing defense gave up 87 yards a game and 300 total yards per game. When you take out the 2 SHSU games that number drops to 67 rushing yards per game and 269 total yards per game. SHSU offense is really good. They are versatile. Our defensive philosophy was to make teams one dimensional. Take away what they like to do. Match strength with strength. With SHSU you cant do that. They are dynamic at everything. Defensively we had more success against Jared Johnson but then they stick in Briscoe and he does something completely different. Briscoe is good. Defensively they are mediocre. PJ Hall is a beast. Their run defense is decent. Their pass D is terrible. Should be a shootout. I can see both teams scoring in the 40's in this one.
Hall doesn't really worry me. We have dealt with big defensive threats before this year and handled them well. I too think it will be an offensive battle. I just think our guns are a little bigger than theirs.

What DOES worry me is the possibility we play a bad game and we have a repeat of last year. I believe if we can play to our potential then we should be able to send Sammy packing, if we don't, who knows. Sam is in the Semi-finals for a reason.

Sammy94
December 14th, 2015, 08:05 AM

yet we have heard every excuse in the book about last year's game on this thread.

TheRevSFA
December 14th, 2015, 08:21 AM
Both teams suck ass

I'm kidding. Was trying to increase the page count

JSUSoutherner
December 14th, 2015, 08:24 AM
Both teams suck ass

I'm kidding. Was trying to increase the page count
All we have to do is point out how there are just as many OVC teams left as their are MVFC teams. Then all the MVFC fans will come increase our page count for us to make sure we all know how superior the MVFC is.

bluehenbillk
December 14th, 2015, 08:26 AM
I hit Sam Houston hard this morning +9, love that line!

Sam_Kats
December 14th, 2015, 08:26 AM
Line is Jax St -9. O/U is 75

Holy sweetness! Good...so when both of these really good teams play a close game, I'll make some money regardless.

Man, it's only Monday. Geez

TheRevSFA
December 14th, 2015, 08:29 AM
I hit Sam Houston hard this morning +9, love that line!

Think I'll be wagering on this

Bearkat 41
December 14th, 2015, 08:45 AM
All we have to do is point out how there are just as many OVC teams left as their are MVFC teams. Then all the MVFC fans will come increase our page count for us to make sure we all know how superior the MVFC is.

Bison trolls need little to no invitation to hijack threads so it's just a matter of time. I say Wednesday the thread count for this game goes crazy as the ndsu fans will bore themselves with their own thread and remember that they must interject on every thread on AGS and remind us of how great they are.

Cocky
December 14th, 2015, 08:51 AM
Bison trolls need little to no invitation to hijack threads so it's just a matter of time. I say Wednesday the thread count for this game goes crazy as the ndsu fans will bore themselves with their own thread and remember that they must interject on every thread on AGS and remind us of how great they are.
Dont forget the SDSU, SIU, UNI, YSU, MoSt, ISUb and other fans of the MVC who need to ride big brothers coattails.

UNIFanSince1983
December 14th, 2015, 09:05 AM

It is just like saying Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice. xnodx

JSUSoutherner
December 14th, 2015, 09:06 AM
It is just like saying Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice. xnodx

Forgive me, but I don't get the reference.

UNIFanSince1983
December 14th, 2015, 09:19 AM
Sorry forgot there were people that might not get the movie reference. So it was a movie with a ghost where all you had to do is say his name 3 times and he would show up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hovKm9oFiM

JSUSoutherner
December 14th, 2015, 09:19 AM
Sorry forgot there were people that might not get the movie reference. So it was a movie with a ghost where all you had to do is say his name 3 times and he would show up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hovKm9oFiM

Gotcha.

CockyGeek
December 14th, 2015, 10:52 AM
How do you not know who Beetlejuice is? You have shamed your family.

JSUSoutherner
December 14th, 2015, 10:56 AM

Oh well, it's not the first time. I'm pretty disappointing.

Cocky
December 14th, 2015, 12:38 PM
never heard of it either

Bison56
December 14th, 2015, 12:56 PM
never heard of it either

Are you serious? You guys are either over 60 or under 20.xlolx

JSUSoutherner
December 14th, 2015, 12:58 PM

Well I am 20, so there's that.

Bison56
December 14th, 2015, 01:12 PM
Well I am 20, so there's that.

I am good xnodx

Cocky
December 14th, 2015, 01:24 PM
I fall in the zone, but leave a sheltered life and do not watch many movies. Probably less than 20 in the last 30 years maybe less than 10.

But I have heard of Bug Juice, the kids drink on the bottom shelf of the beer door at the C store.

Bison56
December 14th, 2015, 01:32 PM
I fall in the zone, but leave a sheltered life and do not watch many movies. Probably less than 20 in the last 30 years maybe less than 10.

But I have heard of Bug Juice, the kids drink on the bottom shelf of the beer door at the C store.

I watch a lot of movies , but don't watch much TV at all. Never heard it called Bug Juice before, or is that a south thing?

Cocky
December 14th, 2015, 01:43 PM
I watch a lot of movies , but don't watch much TV at all. Never heard it called Bug Juice before, or is that a south thing?
It a brand of kool aid looking drink for kids. Probably lots of sugar and food coloring.

deez_na
December 14th, 2015, 01:50 PM
I'd like to see the Cocks get to the Championship. As a Bison fan, assuming we win of course, I'm kind of tired of beating Sam Houston every year. Be nice to see a new face.

hebmskebm
December 14th, 2015, 01:58 PM
What kind of crowd are you expecting? Comparable to the game last Friday? Your place looked great on TV! Looked like a top-10 FCS venue for sure.

Cocky
December 14th, 2015, 01:59 PM
I'd like to see the Cocks get to the Championship. As a Bison fan, assuming we win of course, I'm kind of tired of beating Sam Houston every year. Be nice to see a new face.
You do know NDSU has never beaten JSU?

JSUSoutherner
December 14th, 2015, 02:01 PM
What kind of crowd are you expecting? Comparable to the game last Friday? Your place looked great on TV! Looked like a top-10 FCS venue for sure.

We had almost 23,000 for CSU. With school being out right now I'm expecting only around 18-20,000 for this weekend.

2-0 vs. The Bison

deez_na
December 14th, 2015, 02:10 PM

You do know those teams aren't the same as what NDSU has produced these past 5 years right?

JSUSoutherner
December 14th, 2015, 02:21 PM
You do know those teams aren't the same as what NDSU has produced these past 5 years right?

Same can be said for JSU. Assuming we both make it, Frisco is going to be one hell of a game.

deez_na
December 14th, 2015, 03:01 PM
Same can be said for JSU. Assuming we both make it, Frisco is going to be one hell of a game.

I would like to see that matchup. I think it will be a very good game.

Daytripper
December 14th, 2015, 03:50 PM

Bison56, 90% of this board looks at your avi with confusion...

JSUSoutherner
December 14th, 2015, 03:51 PM
Bison56, 90% of this board looks at your avi with confusion...

Guilty

Daytripper
December 14th, 2015, 04:14 PM
Guilty

Archie Bunker from All in the Family. The best sitcom of the seventies and one of the greatest ever.

JSUSoutherner
December 14th, 2015, 04:17 PM
Archie Bunker from All in the Family. The best sitcom of the seventies and one of the greatest ever.

I've heard it's good, but I've never seen it. I'll have to see if it's on Netflix.

Bison56
December 14th, 2015, 04:17 PM

That's right.xthumbsupx

Big_Fan
December 14th, 2015, 04:56 PM
oh man... I feel old...they probably don't know who George and 'Weezy are, either.

JSUSoutherner
December 14th, 2015, 04:56 PM
oh man... I feel old...they probably don't know who George and 'Weezy are, either.

No idea.

Bearkats94
December 14th, 2015, 05:05 PM
Hint maybe. We are moving on up to the top to the deluxe apartment in the sky........

Daytripper
December 14th, 2015, 05:06 PM
This thread has taken a cool turn....

https://media.giphy.com/media/KqXubRE9qQkq4/giphy.gif

McNeese72
December 14th, 2015, 05:22 PM
That's right.xthumbsupx

Geeeze, I must be getting old not realizing some people would not recognize that avatar. ;)

Doc

McNeese72
December 14th, 2015, 05:24 PM

No idea.

Geeze! Now I really feel old. ;)

Doc

CockyGeek
December 14th, 2015, 06:50 PM
There are TV's in Jacksonville I swear. You just have to turn the antenna the right way.

Bison56
December 14th, 2015, 09:45 PM
There are TV's in Jacksonville I swear. You just have to turn the antenna the right way.

So is that how you get all 3 channels?xlolx
Was more to watch then with 3 channels then 400 now.

McNeese72
December 15th, 2015, 08:59 AM

And back then we were happy with just the Major League Baseball game of the week. ;)

Doc

YoUDeeMan
December 15th, 2015, 09:08 AM

xlolx

When you guys eventually get your first cable boxes, you can watch soft porn by continually adjusting the knob to the right side. It will be a bit fuzzy, and might be zig-zaggy, but it is the best free porn you can get (besides going down to the drive-in and watching the movies without sound). xthumbsupx

Daytripper
December 15th, 2015, 09:25 AM
And back then we were happy with just the Major League Baseball game of the week. ;)

Doc

The Atlanta Braves on TBS and the Chicago Cubs on WGN blew my mind....

McNeese72
December 15th, 2015, 09:43 AM

I go way far back to Dizzy Dean and PeWee Reese. Seems like it was always the Yankees or the Dodgers on the Game of the Week. We idolized Mickey Mantle.

Doc

Daytripper
December 15th, 2015, 09:49 AM
I go way far back to Dizzy Dean and PeWee Reese. Seems like it was always the Yankees or the Dodgers on the Game of the Week. We idolized Mickey Mantle.

Doc

How did Shoeless Joe Jackson look live??? :D

CockyGeek
December 15th, 2015, 11:05 AM
All our club level tickets are sold on. GA only at this point. I would expect a crowd of around 18-19k at this point. I doubt we'll match last week unless SHSU brings a large contingent.

blueballs
December 15th, 2015, 11:11 AM
Offensive orgy except in HD! JSU by 7.

Professor Chaos
December 15th, 2015, 11:13 AM
It'll be a MVFC officiating crew for this game (link (http://www.refstripes.com/forum/index.php?topic=12352.0)). MVFC crews (not sure if it's the same crew as this one) have done the SUU/SHSU and William & Mary/Richmond games so far in this year's playoffs.

McNeese75
December 15th, 2015, 11:14 AM
All our club level tickets are sold on. GA only at this point. I would expect a crowd of around 18-19k at this point. I doubt we'll match last week unless SHSU brings a large contingent.

2-300 tops

JSUSoutherner
December 15th, 2015, 11:15 AM
It'll be a MVFC officiating crew for this game (link (http://www.refstripes.com/forum/index.php?topic=12352.0)). MVFC crews (not sure if it's the same crew as this one) have done the SUU/SHSU and William & Mary/Richmond games so far in this year's playoffs.

Cool so Sam's going to win because of an over abundance of PI calls now, right?

Why can't we have refs from a conference that isn't in the playoffs anymore?

2-300 tops

That's more than CSU.

Professor Chaos
December 15th, 2015, 11:16 AM
Cool so Sam's going to win because of an over abundance of PI calls now, right?
Doubtful, I've seen NDSU called for more PIs in the playoffs than in the regular season. Most MVFC crews will let your DBs play pretty physical.

Just ask SUU.

JSUSoutherner
December 15th, 2015, 11:19 AM
Doubtful, I've seen NDSU called for more PIs in the playoffs than in the regular season. Most MVFC crews will let your DBs play pretty physical.

We have too. We get flagged all the time in the playoffs compared to the regular season.

Those SoCon refs will light you up.

CockyGeek
December 15th, 2015, 11:20 AM
The refs we had last week were way better than the ones during the UTC game. Being on national tv probably steps your game up.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

McNeese75
December 15th, 2015, 11:21 AM

I thought the McNeese vs SHSU game had a MVFC crew as well. They certainly let the team play in comparison to the SLC buffoons.

Professor Chaos
December 15th, 2015, 11:29 AM
I thought the McNeese vs SHSU game had a MVFC crew as well. They certainly let the team play in comparison to the SLC buffoons.
That was an OVC crew according to this thread (http://www.refstripes.com/forum/index.php?topic=12352.0) that I've been looking at for updates throughout the playoffs.

JSUSoutherner
December 15th, 2015, 11:31 AM
OVC refs are generally pretty decent.

Daytripper
December 15th, 2015, 01:03 PM
I'd rather too few flags that miss some calls than too many flags that kill the flow of the game.

McNeese72
December 15th, 2015, 01:57 PM
How did Shoeless Joe Jackson look live??? :D

He played barefoot. ;)

Doc

jsualumnus
December 15th, 2015, 02:00 PM
xlolx

When you guys eventually get your first cable boxes, you can watch soft porn by continually adjusting the knob to the right side. It will be a bit fuzzy, and might be zig-zaggy, but it is the best free porn you can get (besides going down to the drive-in and watching the movies without sound). xthumbsupx

So with all the fuzz and lack of HD, it's like watching a bunch of blue hairs without clothes on??? No thanks, we have plenty of that in our Club Level... Just kidding for any blue hairs trolling this forum... xlolx

jsualumnus
December 15th, 2015, 02:04 PM
No idea.

shut up, George! ... That was great television!!!

Hee Haw, as well...

dgtw
December 15th, 2015, 08:30 PM
I cannot believe there are people who have no idea who Archie Bunker is.

For all Sam fans headed this way, please drive carefully and enjoy your visit except during the game.

katstrapper
December 16th, 2015, 05:53 AM

McNeese V Sam Houston had an OVC officiating crew. They were ok, but really got the so called fumbled punt call wrong!

Last week at the Colgate game it was a Big Sky officiating crew which made me very nervous, but they surprisingly were not too bad.

McNeese72
December 16th, 2015, 08:44 AM
McNeese V Sam Houston had an OVC officiating crew. They were ok, but really got the so called fumbled punt call wrong!

Last week at the Colgate game it was a Big Sky officiating crew which made me very nervous, but they surprisingly were not too bad.

That OVC crew definitely let the teams play. They definitely didn't like to call pass interference and I'm talking about both ways not just on one team.

Doc

Daytripper
December 16th, 2015, 09:43 AM
That OVC crew definitely let the teams play. They definitely didn't like to call pass interference and I'm talking about both ways not just on one team.

Doc

I prefer this over the ticky-tack BS that has trickled down from the NFL officiating....

McNeese75
December 16th, 2015, 09:59 AM

Doc

They certainly were turning a blind eye to the holding calls as well on both teams. (which favored Briscoe)

Sammy94
December 16th, 2015, 11:56 AM

Besides that punt fiasco which clearly hit a McNeese player first and made the game closer then it should have been the OVC crew was better then any SLC Crew I have seen this season.

McNeese75
December 16th, 2015, 12:10 PM
Besides that punt fiasco which clearly hit a McNeese player first and made the game closer then it should have been the OVC crew was better then any SLC Crew I have seen this season.

All in the eyes of the beholder. I did not see the punt but it was a blown call from what I have been told. But there were plenty of other no calls that would have changed things and possibly turned the game to the blue and gold. I just don't agree with some of the Kat fans fantasies that the game was closer than it should have been. But whatever blows their dress up, good luck this weekend (I think the winner will need some).

caribbeanhen
December 16th, 2015, 06:27 PM

as a Braves fan that used to listen to WSB 750 as a kid about 750 miles from Atlanta, those late night west coast games used to come in crystal clear.... this I can relate to

Scooter
December 16th, 2015, 10:44 PM
Congrats to both teams for making the semifinals. Now, SHSU take care of business.

My head says JSU wins this one. 45-38

Scooter
December 17th, 2015, 08:06 PM
bump. xcoffeexxcoffeex

YoUDeeMan
December 17th, 2015, 08:29 PM
Does SHSU have a working fan site? xeyebrowx

JSUSoutherner
December 17th, 2015, 08:29 PM
Katfans.com or something like that

YoUDeeMan
December 17th, 2015, 08:55 PM
Katfans.com or something like that

Thanks!

tribefan40
December 17th, 2015, 09:56 PM
Who cares? Not enough crowd noise in this one to make a difference.

JSUSoutherner
December 17th, 2015, 09:57 PM
Who cares? Not enough crowd noise in this one to make a difference.

Umm... Should we tell him?

tribefan40
December 17th, 2015, 09:58 PM
Umm... Should we tell him?

There better be a decibel reading in your next post...

JSUSoutherner
December 17th, 2015, 10:00 PM
There better be a decibel reading in your next post...

Dude it's not the Fargodome, but either way, 23,000 people in a concrete canyon make a heck of a lot of noise. If you don't think it's hostile in there when it's filled you're crazy.

tribefan40
December 17th, 2015, 10:00 PM
Dude it's not the Fargodome, but either way, 23,000 people in a concrete canyon make a heck of a lot of noise. If you don't think it's hostile in there when it's filled you're crazy.

No decibels, no discussion.

JSUSoutherner
December 17th, 2015, 10:01 PM
No decibels, no discussion.

I'll tell you what. I'll get you a reading this weekend.

tribefan40
December 17th, 2015, 10:03 PM
I'll tell you what. I'll get you a reading this weekend.

Thank you, good luck to the cocks.

Daytripper
December 18th, 2015, 06:14 AM

I'm sure JSU has a loud and rowdy crowd, but with the big game experience that the Kats have I don't think it will have much of an impact on the game. I just hope it is a clean, well played, well officiated game with no injuries. May the best team win.

JaxSinfonian
December 18th, 2015, 06:52 AM
I'm sure JSU has a loud and rowdy crowd, but with the big game experience that the Kats have I don't think it will have much of an impact on the game. I just hope it is a clean, well played, well officiated game with no injuries. May the best team win.

Maybe we'll see a delay of game penalty from the Bearkats or a time-out burned early, maybe not. I think the larger impact of a large and loud crowd will be the lift it gives the Gamecocks. Team members have repeatedly praised the crowd support in public comments as a source of energy in the two playoff games. I don't know if we'll see quite the same turnout we did in the quarterfinals; I'd say it's unlikely, but my predictions on the crowd have been way low so far. I just don't know what to expect anymore.

I'm really looking forward to this game. Why isn't it Saturday yet?

JSUSoutherner
December 18th, 2015, 07:56 AM
Maybe we'll see a delay of game penalty from the Bearkats or a time-out burned early, maybe not. I think the larger impact of a large and loud crowd will be the lift it gives the Gamecocks. Team members have repeatedly praised the crowd support in public comments as a source of energy in the two playoff games. I don't know if we'll see quite the same turnout we did in the quarterfinals; I'd say it's unlikely, but my predictions on the crowd have been way low so far. I just don't know what to expect anymore.

I'm really looking forward to this game. Why isn't it Saturday yet?

Because it's Friday. Which means I'm going to see the new Star Wars after work.

katstrapper
December 18th, 2015, 08:57 AM
Noise and big crowds wont slow this team down. I am sure JSU is loud enough, but don't think for one minute it is up there with NDSU and Montana. I have been to both stadiums following the Kats in the playoffs and my ears were ringing after walking out of both.

JSUSoutherner
December 18th, 2015, 09:14 AM
Noise and big crowds wont slow this team down. I am sure JSU is loud enough, but don't think for one minute it is up there with NDSU and Montana. I have been to both stadiums following the Kats in the playoffs and my ears were ringing after walking out of both.

Well last time you were at JSU we only had what? 13k? Trust me, when there's 22,000+ in there it will make your ears ring. Mine were.

Nickels
December 18th, 2015, 10:01 AM
Well last time you were at JSU we only had what? 13k? Trust me, when there's 22,000+ in there it will make your ears ring. Mine were.
You JSU munchkins crack me up. Over the past years following Bearkat football, I've never seen a fan base less grounded in reality. JSU fans literally think they have the best run D, best pass D, best run O, best pass O and loudest stadium in the FCS. When in reality they're nothing more than a good team from a weak conference with a tiny bit larger than average FCS fan base.

and no there wasn't 13k there last year. Not even close.

JSUSoutherner
December 18th, 2015, 10:03 AM
You JSU munchkins crack me up. Over the past years following Bearkat football, I've never seen a fan base less grounded in reality. JSU fans literally think they have the best run D, best pass D, best run O, best pass O and loudest stadium in the FCS. When in reality they're nothing more than a good team from a weak conference with a tiny bit larger than average FCS fan base.

Umm, no, no, possibly, no, and no. But ok. Not sure where you're reading but I've never seen a JSU fan on here say any of those things.

And what is SHSU? A good team from a weak conference with a half as large average attendance as JSU.

Nickels
December 18th, 2015, 10:17 AM
Umm, no, no, possibly, no, and no. But ok.

And what is SHSU? A good team from a weak conference with a half a large average attendance as JSU.
Sorta but not quite. They Kats are an experienced team that's been through enough deep playoffs runs not to worry about 10k delusional fans who don't realize that their team isn't nearly as good as they think.

Look at SHSUs schedule the past 2-3 years. Do you honestly think 10-15k fans are going to affect play calls? Not to mention SHSU doesn't actually call in plays as they use signals instead. I wouldn't expect a JSU fan to know that though. They've shown here that they know jack **** about football or the FCS in general.

Again all this weak JSU smack is the same **** we heard last year until the Kats showed them what kind of frauds they really were. It's hard to take it serious until your team proves they can beat someone.

JSUSoutherner
December 18th, 2015, 10:21 AM
I hope we don't have 15k fans. After averaging 3rd in the FCS in attendance all season that would be a let down.

You must be really confident you'll win, huh? If you lose that last post would like mighty embarrassing.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Sam Houston's specialty going deep into the playoffs only to get whipped? So much experience there. If anything it shows they don't know how to win at this level. JSU ,however, is in completely uncharted waters. I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Nickels
December 18th, 2015, 10:43 AM
I hope we don't have 15k fans. After averaging 3rd in the FCS in attendance all season that would be a let down.
You have much to learn about reported FCS attendance if you are bragging about rankings. You sound just like a SFA fan right now. Needing a self reported number to justify your team's importance.

You must be really confident you'll win, huh? If you lose that last post would like mighty embarrassing?
No but then again I'm not blabbing away about how perfect the Kats are. I know they have weaknesses just like every other team left, including JSU.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Sam Houston's specialty going deep into the playoffs only to get whipped? So much experience there.
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't your best team ever go down at HOME to one of those Kat teams? Maybe you should give us an advice on whippings?

You're nothing but another stupid EWU, Montana State and Southern Utah fan to us. .

JSUSoutherner
December 18th, 2015, 10:50 AM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/18/5b21e3b7c2cf60c2398511968d2ca24c.jpghttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/18/42e468434d894caa3146aad371c90130.jpg
Yup, so much to learn.

No, but I'm also not the one riding on last years win as my reason we will win this year. It's a new year.

I'm sure Lamar can give you some pointers.

Bearkat-Backer
December 18th, 2015, 10:50 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Sam Houston's specialty going deep into the playoffs only to get whipped? So much experience there. If anything it shows they don't know how to win at this level.

The Kats are 16-9 all time in the playoffs which is more than respectable. Every team still standing except one will end up "getting whipped". That's just how it works. Having been to the championship game twice in the last four years kinda proves that the Kats can "win at this level" don't you think?

Nickels
December 18th, 2015, 10:55 AM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/18/5b21e3b7c2cf60c2398511968d2ca24c.jpghttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/18/42e468434d894caa3146aad371c90130.jpg
Yup, so much to learn.

No, but I'm also not the one riding on last years win as my reason we will win this year. It's a new year.

I'm sure Lamar can give you some pointers.
LOL. A half full stadium. Impressive.

It's going to take more than a few dweebs in the stands to win this one for JSU. Unless some of those Tide fans are over 6 feet, fast and can play DB, it'll be another long day.

BTW Lamar would win the OVC this year....Just like CSU Pueblo would of last year.

JSUSoutherner
December 18th, 2015, 10:58 AM
LOL. A half full stadium. Impressive.

It's going to take more than a few dweebs in the stands to win this one for JSU. Unless some of those Tide fans are over 6 feet, fast and can play DB, it'll be another long day.

BTW Lamar would win the OVC this year....Just like CSU Pueblo would of last year.

I don't know what picture you're looking at but anyone with eyes can see that's a heck of a lot more than half. Even half is more than fits in SHSU's stadium.

You'll have fun with Jermaine Hough then.

Just like Auburn would win the SLC?

Nickels
December 18th, 2015, 11:08 AM
20% of the seats empty with the other 80% spread out in the stands = about half full

Was Jermaine Hough the one running 10 yards behind LB the whole game or was he the one LB was dragging around like a pathetic rag doll?

Yes Auburn would prolly win the SLC. Your point?

JSUSoutherner
December 18th, 2015, 11:12 AM
20% of the seats empty with the other 80% spread out in the stands = about half full

Was Jermaine Hough the one running 10 yards behind LB the whole game or was he the one LB was dragging around like a pathetic rag doll?

Yes Auburn would prolly win the SLC. Your point?

They weren't, I was there. It wasn't half full, it's ok that you're jealous we have a fan base that actually comes to our games. I understand. We felt it last year too.

He didn't play SHSU last year. But he's an all American this year and in the game.

I was actually wondering about your Lamar/ CSU point.

Nickels
December 18th, 2015, 11:20 AM
I was actually wondering about your Lamar/ CSU point.
Will idiot since YOU mentioned Lamar. How about you explain it to me. LOL.

JSUSoutherner
December 18th, 2015, 11:25 AM
Will idiot since YOU mentioned Lamar. How about you explain it to me. LOL.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/18/d66699e41a0e35b1968c632f806845b1.jpg

Maybe you should give us some advice on whippings.

Go ask Lamar, they obviously know how to beat you. At home.

Now how does that translate to OVC play? I'm curious.

Bisonator
December 18th, 2015, 11:26 AM
This thread is just now starting to get good.xpopcornx

JSUSoutherner
December 18th, 2015, 11:35 AM
This thread is just now starting to get good.xpopcornx

It always gets good when teams who have a losing record past the quarterfinals act like they are a deep playoff run phenom.

Nickels
December 18th, 2015, 11:36 AM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/18/d66699e41a0e35b1968c632f806845b1.jpg

Go ask Lamar, they obviously know how to beat you. At home.

Now how does that translate to OVC play? I'm curious.
You keep bringing up Lamar likes it's insult. It's not as they would win your weak ass conference. They run the ball well and OVC can't play between the tackles.

Other JSU posters kept bringing up CSU Pueblo last year until they found out CSU was a much better team than JSU.

Don't you dip****s see you're falling into the same trap? As much as you're flaming and trolling now, we all know you will be long gone next week just like your weak ass brethren last year.

BisonFan02
December 18th, 2015, 11:37 AM
It always gets good when teams who have a losing record past the quarterfinals act like they are a deep playoff run phenom.

Better than a team with no recent history making it past the quarterfinals.....can't entirely fault SHSU for losing to NDSU twice in the natty and once in Fargo for a semi. :D

JSUSoutherner
December 18th, 2015, 11:38 AM
Better than a team with no recent history making it past the quarterfinals.....

Well I think the 2011 Bisons may have a few words to say about that.

Nickels
December 18th, 2015, 11:40 AM
Better than a team with no recent history making it past the quarterfinals.....can't entirely fault SHSU for losing to NDSU twice in the natty and once in Fargo for a semi. :D
Seriously. The only team that can talk **** on us in the Bison. Everyone else has been put in their place.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I think the 2011 Bisons may have a few words to say about that.
The 2011 NC Bison team?

BisonFan02
December 18th, 2015, 11:42 AM
Seriously. The only team that can talk **** on us in the Bison. Everyone else has been put in their place.

- - - Updated - - -

The 2011 NC Bison team?

I guess? Except the 2010 Bison team lost on the road in the quarters against EWU....not sure his point other than we hadn't been there before?

Nickels
December 18th, 2015, 11:42 AM
Someone teach this retard English...

Nickels
December 18th, 2015, 11:47 AM
I guess 3rd period started...

JSUSoutherner
December 18th, 2015, 12:00 PM

- - - Updated - - -

The 2011 NC Bison team?
I'll check back with you on that tomorrow.

Yes. They had no history past the quarterfinals and then took the trophy. Saying we are going to get smashed because we're the new kid on the block is pretty stupid. But ok.

BisonFan02
December 18th, 2015, 12:05 PM
I'll check back with you on that tomorrow.

Yes. They had no history past the quarterfinals and then took the trophy. Saying we are going to get smashed because we're the new kid on the block is pretty stupid. But ok.

Well....using that logic, the Bison had to lose a quarterfinal game before they made the 2011 run.....good luck next season lil guy. xlolx

JSUSoutherner
December 18th, 2015, 12:10 PM
Well....using that logic, the Bison had to lose a quarterfinal game before they made the 2011 run.....good luck next season lil guy. xlolx

That's not my logic. My logic is you don't need a history of being in quarterfinal or later games to win semifinals or championships.

BisonFan02
December 18th, 2015, 12:13 PM
That's not my logic. My logic is you don't need a history of being in quarterfinal games to win semifinals or championships.

Nope....but I will tell ya, it does help for the team to have a familiarity with the circus that involves the natty in Frisco. You could see it in the first natty for NDSU in 2011 versus now....more of a business trip.

JSUSoutherner
December 18th, 2015, 12:19 PM
Nope....but I will tell ya, it does help for the team to have a familiarity with the circus that involves the natty in Frisco. You could see it in the first natty for NDSU in 2011 versus now....more of a business trip.

I don't disagree. But we aren't talking about how JSU will perform vs. NDSU. Hopefully that will be a topic for next week. This weekend isn't in Frisco. It's tomorrow, in Burgess-Snow, in front of Gamecock fans, and our 2015 resume is better. So all these SHSU fans coming in acting like JSU is the underdog team in this matchup this year because we weren't as good last year puzzles me a little bit.

JaxSinfonian
December 18th, 2015, 12:39 PM

Smack bores me, especially the variety that's dominating this thread today. But your concept of mathematics is fascinating.

CockyGeek
December 18th, 2015, 12:58 PM
Last year means nothing. Next year means nothing. The OVC means nothing. Fargodome means nothing. The National Championship means nothing. We're playing Sam Houston State, a team that exposed our weaknesses last year, and isn't going to roll over and die tomorrow because they're facing the #1 seeed team. Quit being idiots.

BisonFan02
December 18th, 2015, 01:06 PM
Last year means nothing. Next year means nothing. The OVC means nothing. Fargodome means nothing. The National Championship means nothing. We're playing Sam Houston State, a team that exposed our weaknesses last year, and isn't going to roll over and die tomorrow because they're facing the #1 seeed team. Quit being idiots.

I thought last year meant nothing? : . (Just giving ya ****....)

BEAR
December 18th, 2015, 01:08 PM
<insert Michael Jackson eating popcorn just here for the comments picture>

JSUSoutherner
December 18th, 2015, 01:13 PM
<insert Michael Jackson eating popcorn just here for the comments picture>

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/18/61d468e8a33fb353ad5302a3094ed77c.jpg

runmymouth
December 18th, 2015, 02:17 PM
I think tomorrow is going to be a shootout. Does 20k fans scare us? Not particularly, we end up playing at Kyle field, Death Valley, or something equally large pretty much every year. I agree that home-field advantage is an advantage but your stadium is nothing special. Should be a great game as no one makes it this far without being a good team.

As to history and how far teams have gone, meh. This is definitely a new year and I am rooting for Richmond tonight. I am really really tired of the Bison's winning everything. The bison have always seemed to have our number. If we lose tomorrow I will be rooting for you over the Bison as well.

Nickels
December 18th, 2015, 02:36 PM
No. I want my team to face and beat the 4 time champ. Not anyone else.

runmymouth
December 18th, 2015, 02:41 PM
I understand your sentiment that it would be very sweet to finally get the victory in the big game. I just think that we stack up against other teams better in general though. I would rather have the national championship title than another runner up year. It would be best to win it all, baring that I want someone, anyone else to win over NDSU.

BisonFan02
December 18th, 2015, 02:43 PM
I understand your sentiment that it would be very sweet to finally get the victory in the big game. I just think that we stack up against other teams better in general though. I would rather have the national championship title than another runner up year. It would be best to win it all, baring that I want someone, anyone else to win over NDSU.

Who's your daddy? xlolx

runmymouth
December 18th, 2015, 02:49 PM
Who's your daddy? xlolx

NDSU has told everyone they own the FCS for the past 4 years. I just want to be daddy or have a new daddy.....

JSUSoutherner
December 18th, 2015, 02:59 PM

I have a feeling that even if Sammy loses tomorrow, if you play them next year they will still be 4 time champs.

It's not like the Bison are guaranteed to beat Richmond tonight.

Nickels
December 18th, 2015, 03:06 PM
I have a feeling that even if Sammy loses tomorrow, if you play them next year they will still be 4 time champs.
No ****? Thanks captain obvious.

Nickels
December 18th, 2015, 03:08 PM
It's not like the Bison are guaranteed to beat Richmond tonight.
You think we all don't know that?

Wtf is wrong with you? Try to catch up. Everyone at JSU can't be this stupid.

JSUSoutherner
December 18th, 2015, 03:22 PM
Everyone at JSU can't be this stupid.

Could be worse, I could go to Sam Houston State.

80% now equals half, ladies and gentlemen.

caribbeanhen
December 18th, 2015, 04:13 PM
The Sammy talent show runs out of steam tonight

Jacksonville State 42
Sammy 31

Keeler might have to dawn his uniform and intercept 3 passes if Sammy wants to win this game, that is your KC flashback to 1978... Div 2 playoff

Daytripper
December 18th, 2015, 05:37 PM
The Sammy talent show runs out of steam tonight

Jacksonville State 42
Sammy 31

Keeler might have to dawn his uniform and intercept 3 passes if Sammy wants to win this game, that is your KC flashback to 1978... Div 2 playoff

The game is tomorrow.

caribbeanhen
December 18th, 2015, 05:57 PM
depends if its tomorrow, its already Saturday in alot of places

BearKatProud
December 18th, 2015, 06:56 PM
Fellow BearKat fans...remember...

Back in 2011 there was a #1 seed from a "weak conference" playing at home against a perennial (at the time) FCS power in the semifinals. Those Montana fans talked a lot of smack to SHSU (didn't earn the #1, flash in the pan, playoff experience will win the day etc.) but the BearKats were starting a run none of us anticipated. I don't believe Montana has made it as far as the semi's since.

Don't be like those fans, show JSU some respect, they've earned it.

And Go BearKats!!

Bearkats94
December 18th, 2015, 07:29 PM
N Dakota looks pretty tough.

katstrapper
December 18th, 2015, 07:31 PM

Back in 2011 there was a #1 seed from a "weak conference" playing at home against a perennial (at the time) FCS power in the semifinals. Those Montana fans talked a lot of smack to SHSU (didn't earn the #1, flash in the pan, playoff experience will win the day etc.) but the BearKats were starting a run none of us anticipated. I don't believe Montana has made it as far as the semi's since.

And Go BearKats!!

repect is earned when given.

dgtw
December 18th, 2015, 08:07 PM

Same here. Looks like whoever wins tomorrow will get their wish.

jsualumnus
December 18th, 2015, 09:56 PM
I hope all you Bearkats fans arrive safely and enjoy the atmosphere. It will be warmer on the visitor's side, but it is still gonna be chilly. There is a bookstore east and south of the stadium, either on Mountain St (south), or in the student center (east and on campus)... Both are relatively 5 minute walks in case you want other momentos! Other than that, there is a gear store in the stadium on the east entrance...

Daytripper
December 18th, 2015, 10:10 PM

And Go BearKats!!

I respect every opponent....whether they are undefeated or haven't won a game. As the website states "any given saturday" anybody can beat anybody else.

I just want a good, clean, well officiated, injury-free game. And may the best team win.....and beat those f#%k(&g Bison...!!!!!

Bisonator
December 18th, 2015, 10:11 PM
See you guys in Frisco!:D

Twentysix
December 18th, 2015, 10:13 PM
I hate that your game is on ESPNU. I wish it was simulcast on Espn3 so I could watch it.

I'm intrigued by playing JSU (because they would be a new team), but playing SHSU again would also be interesting. See whoever is the victor in Frisco.

Daytripper
December 18th, 2015, 10:14 PM
See you guys in Frisco!:D

https://media.giphy.com/media/PRw42GTN77g7S/giphy.gif

jsualumnus
December 18th, 2015, 10:32 PM
I hate that your game is on ESPNU. I wish it was simulcast on Espn3 so I could watch it.

I'm intrigued by playing JSU (because they would be a new team), but playing SHSU again would also be interesting. See whoever is the victor in Frisco.

you can still watch it on the WatchESPN app...

Twentysix
December 18th, 2015, 10:57 PM
you can still watch it on the WatchESPN app...

No, the cable subscription login that I borrow doesn't have ESPNU.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22048&stc=1

BearKatProud
December 18th, 2015, 11:25 PM

Sling TV...I believe they offer a free trial..

JaxSinfonian
December 18th, 2015, 11:27 PM

I've got the same problem, so I won't be able to check out the replay when I get home from the game. (Assuming I actually want to see the replay.)

Hammerhead
December 18th, 2015, 11:31 PM
North Dakota didn't even make the playoffs. North Dakota State is tough.

N Dakota looks pretty tough.

X-Factor
December 18th, 2015, 11:33 PM

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22048&stc=1
There is always firstrow or a few other 2nd rate joints

Go...gate
December 18th, 2015, 11:45 PM
Going to be a hell of a game - both clubs are awfully strong - but based on what I have seen first-hand with SHSU, I believe the Bearkats will prevail.

JSUSoutherner
December 19th, 2015, 12:45 AM
North Dakota didn't even make the playoffs. North Dakota State is tough.

Aren't they roiding out in the weight room right now and drinking raw eggs?

Twentysix
December 19th, 2015, 12:48 AM
There is always firstrow or a few other 2nd rate joints

Yeah, I'll probably resort to that. Those streams have been so ****ty lately though.

BisonFan02
December 19th, 2015, 12:50 AM
Aren't they roiding out in the weight room right now and drinking raw eggs?

Poutine....

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I'll probably resort to that. Those streams have been so ****ty lately though.

Dont do that.....we'll talk. My login would have ESPNU.

WTFCollegefootballfan
December 19th, 2015, 12:58 AM

You can message me. My login has ESPU.

WTFCollegefootballfan
December 19th, 2015, 01:03 AM
NDSU gets home field at Frisco....

https://twitter.com/NDSUequipment/status/678097596712271872

dgtw
December 19th, 2015, 07:46 AM
Welcome to town to all BearKat fans, hope you enjoy your visit to our humble little burg.

Note to citdog....if you have no rooting interest, don't forget Sam Houston opposed Texas joining the Confederacy.

dgtw
December 19th, 2015, 07:48 AM
NDSU gets home field at Frisco....

https://twitter.com/NDSUequipment/status/678097596712271872

Not that it really matters, but the higher seed should be the "home" team.

Gamecocks99
December 19th, 2015, 08:50 AM
Sounds like bs

BisonFan02
December 19th, 2015, 09:06 AM
Sounds like bs

The only thing "home team" does in Frisco is the color of jersey worn and which side your ticket allotment is centered....I think it is done by coin toss before the postseason starts (or after a certain round?) to determine which side of the bracket is the "home" team...

JSUSoutherner
December 19th, 2015, 10:01 AM
Not that it really matters, but the higher seed should be the "home" team.

This. We didn't earn the number one seed to be the away team in the postseason.
Either way it won't matter unless we beat Sammy today.
Congrats on the win Bison.

Nickels
December 19th, 2015, 10:05 AM

Give it a rest cry baby. It's a coin flip every year. You 3 are just the first fans to actually whine about it.

You wont even be thinking about it in 8 hours anyway.

BTW Seeds aren't determined by play alone. Regionalization is involved therefore seeding deciding everything would be stupid.
http://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/2015-02/1/20/enhanced/webdr08/enhanced-32005-1422840611-40.jpg

Big_Fan
December 19th, 2015, 10:29 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pele5vptVgc

dgtw
December 19th, 2015, 10:40 AM
Like I said, no big deal, but I like seeing us in all red. But a four time champ being home team is fine with me.

BisonFan02
December 19th, 2015, 10:42 AM
Either way it won't matter unless we beat Sammy today.
Congrats on the win Bison.

............it doesn't matter anyway! Seriously....who gives a **** about being the "home" team in Frisco.

2011: NDSU home and SHSU away - SHSU was the 1 seed and NDSU was the 2 seed
2012: SHSU home and NDSU away - NDSU was the 1 seed and SHSU was UNSEEDED
2013: NDSU home and Towson away - NDSU was the 1 seed and Towson was the 7 seed
2014: Illinois St. home and NDSU away - NDSU was the 2 seed and ISUr was the 5 seed

Soooo.....by YOUR logic...they were wrong in 2011, 2012, and 2014....and will be "wrong" in 2015 if JSU wins....but IT....DOESN'T.....MATTER! xlolx

Nickels
December 19th, 2015, 10:57 AM
............it doesn't matter anyway! Seriously....who gives a **** about being the "home" team in Frisco.

2011: NDSU home and SHSU away - SHSU was the 1 seed and NDSU was the 2 seed
2012: SHSU home and NDSU away - NDSU was the 1 seed and SHSU was UNSEEDED
2013: NDSU home and Towson away - NDSU was the 1 seed and Towson was the 7 seed
2014: Illinois St. home and NDSU away - NDSU was the 2 seed and ISUr was the 5 seed

Soooo.....by YOUR logic...they were wrong in 2011, 2012, and 2014....and will be "wrong" in 2015 if JSU wins....but IT....DOESN'T.....MATTER! xlolx

Ignore them, they're new here....

TheKingpin28
December 19th, 2015, 11:05 AM
They are afraid of the decibels and that Bison fans will roll in yellow with Casey's breakfast pizza.