PDA

View Full Version : Question About Who Gets Homefield

CSU18
December 10th, 2015, 11:29 AM
I'm not trying to put the cart before the horse here, just have a question for those of you that have some history with the postseason. I read yesterday that if CSU wins (which I know isn't going to be easy) and Colgate wins, then we play Colgate at home. On the flip side, if SHSU wins, we'd be on the road next week. How does that work? I thought the highest seeded team got homefield, and neither Colgate and SHSU is seeded?

mvemjsunpx
December 10th, 2015, 11:31 AM
CSU should host either way, assuming they bid the minimum of course.

BisonFan02
December 10th, 2015, 11:32 AM

This. Both SHSU and Colgate are unseeded. CSU wins...they likely host.

dewey
December 10th, 2015, 11:33 AM

Yes that is true. The reason is CSU is the #8 seed and both SHSU and Colgate are unseeded. Like was said above as long as CSU provided the minimum bid they will host if they win.

Dewey

Lehigh Football Nation
December 10th, 2015, 11:38 AM
My understanding is, as a seed, CSU technically has the first crack at hosting. They could choose not to host and let Colgate host instead, but that doesn't seem reasonable if you've ever been in upstate NY in December.

Seeding doesn't automatically mean you are required to host, but 99% of the time it works out that way. I'm sure CSU will want ESPN cameras coming to Charleston.

Leibinger14
December 10th, 2015, 11:42 AM
Good question, I think CSU should host if they were to win Friday night. After hosting there first playoff game, which I heard was a huge success after all the doubters about the facility, CSU has earned the right based on their play on the field.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 10th, 2015, 11:47 AM
The semifinal will either be televied on ESPN2 or ESPNU, so, a guaranteed game on TV (and WatchESPN as well these days).

DFW HOYA
December 10th, 2015, 11:58 AM
Yes that is true. The reason is CSU is the #8 seed and both SHSU and Colgate are unseeded. Like was said above as long as CSU provided the minimum bid they will host if they win.

If neither bids, then what?

BisonFan02
December 10th, 2015, 12:10 PM

We revisit who actually should be playing DI football.

Daytripper
December 10th, 2015, 12:18 PM

Not sure about Colgate and CSU, but SHSU always bids.

Sycamore62
December 10th, 2015, 12:30 PM

I would bet that they all bid the minimum.

CSU18
December 10th, 2015, 12:30 PM
I'm sure we bid the minimum, but I swear I thought I read that Colgate would be at home and SHSU would be on the road??? Didn't make any sense to me.

BisonFan02
December 10th, 2015, 12:32 PM
I'm sure we bid the minimum, but I swear I thought I read that Colgate would be at home and SHSU would be on the road??? Didn't make any sense to me.

You read wrong...or whoever the source of that info is wrong. Seeded > Unseeded

Lehigh Football Nation
December 10th, 2015, 01:00 PM

They would bid the minimum, and get the bid, because they are seeded and Colgate is not.

mvemjsunpx
December 10th, 2015, 01:37 PM

Then they play it on the moon. xcoffeex

CockyGeek
December 10th, 2015, 02:58 PM
The winning team is coming to Jacksonville anyway, so it doesn't really matter. ;)

Daytripper
December 10th, 2015, 03:09 PM
The winning team is coming to Jacksonville anyway, so it doesn't really matter. ;)

Be careful. Lots of similar smack from JSU fans last year before the SHSU game. Gotta play the game.

CockyGeek
December 10th, 2015, 03:13 PM
Be careful. Lots of similar smack from JSU fans last year before the SHSU game. Gotta play the game.

Just a joke... got to have a little smack talk every day.

JSUSoutherner
December 10th, 2015, 03:19 PM
Very true, but a little smack here and there never hurt anyone. Plus, we aren't the ones playing on the team. But you're right. We have to beat a good Chuck South team before we get a chance to put Sam Houston back in their place. Or Colgate. xthumbsupx

But it to answer the question unless Charleston Southern decides not the host, Charelston Southern will host. CSU is seeded, Colgate and SHSU aren't. Plain and simple.

SENOREIDA
December 10th, 2015, 04:24 PM
Very true, but a little smack here and there never hurt anyone. Plus, we aren't the ones playing on the team. But you're right. We have to beat a good Chuck South team before we get a chance to put Sam Houston back in their place. Or Colgate. xthumbsupx

But it to answer the question unless Charleston Southern decides not the host, Charelston Southern will host. CSU is seeded, Colgate and SHSU aren't. Plain and simple.
High school football ends this week in SC, so I am not sure if CSU can host with their stadium. xlolx

JSUSoutherner
December 10th, 2015, 04:28 PM
High school football ends this week in SC, so I am not sure if CSU can host with their stadium. xlolx
Hopefully they won't have to worry about it.

*Silently ESPN is bribing the refs so they don't have to try to broadcast from CSU next week*

Gate83
December 10th, 2015, 06:00 PM

Did a little research on this yesterday to try to quiet down some knuckleheads on our fan board... didn't work. Anyway, here's the relevant link from the NCAA. Seed takes priority, as mentioned above. Site selection info is on p. 18... http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/2015-16_DIFCS_PreChamps_20150924.pdf

CSU18
December 10th, 2015, 06:16 PM
Just went back to the site I saw it on, and they had it corrected. The site said it was previously on there incorrectly. Didn't think it made sense when I read it the first time.

TheRevSFA
December 10th, 2015, 07:34 PM
The better question is "should charleston southern host?"

sorry but not with those facilities

tribefan40
December 11th, 2015, 08:48 AM
The better question is "should charleston southern host?"

sorry but not with those facilities

Then teams with better facilities should win. xcoffeex

JSUSoutherner
December 11th, 2015, 12:09 PM
Then teams with better facilities should win. xcoffeex

Working on it.

citdog
December 11th, 2015, 12:40 PM
Good question, I think CSU should host if they were to win Friday night. After hosting there first playoff game, which I heard was a huge success after all the doubters about the facility, CSU has earned the right based on their play on the field.

It was a success because of all The Citadel people who bought tickets. Y'all couldn't find 3,000 people who give a **** about your little diploma mill to sell that many tickets.