View Full Version : Long layoff....

Daytripper
December 8th, 2015, 02:38 PM
I just noticed that there is a three week break between the semifinals and the Natty.. That is too long.

Bisonator
December 8th, 2015, 02:41 PM
I do like 2 weeks better but with the holidays it works.

PantherRob82
December 8th, 2015, 03:16 PM
I just noticed that there is a three week break between the semifinals and the Natty.. That is too long.

Bison fans need 3 weeks to explain all the reason the MVFC is better and that they are going to win.

JSUSoutherner
December 8th, 2015, 03:22 PM
Bison fans need 3 weeks to explain all the reason the MVFC is better and that they are going to win.
And if Richmond goes?

Bison56
December 8th, 2015, 03:26 PM
And if Richmond goes?

Why don't you tell us?

JSUSoutherner
December 8th, 2015, 03:31 PM
Why don't you tell us?
What would a bison fan say if Richmond beat them to Frisco?
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21991&stc=1

PantherRob82
December 8th, 2015, 03:35 PM
And if Richmond goes?

Wait, is that a possibility? :D

JSUSoutherner
December 8th, 2015, 03:36 PM
Wait, is that a possibility? :D
Richmond fans think so.:D

MacThor
December 8th, 2015, 03:39 PM
Well, clearly it's Richmond that is making the bottom half of the bracket so much stronger than the top. :)

Bison56
December 8th, 2015, 03:42 PM
What would a bison fan say if Richmond beat them to Frisco?

How would that work?

- - - Updated - - -

Well, clearly it's Richmond that is making the bottom half of the bracket so much stronger than the top. :)

I used the top half for a pillow last night and have never slept better.

thebootfitter
December 8th, 2015, 03:53 PM
And if Richmond goes?
Then there would be many Bison fans congratulating them on the achievement.

PantherRob82
December 8th, 2015, 04:00 PM
There would be 3 weeks of MVFC fans hailing Richmond as the new national champs. xlolx

JSUSoutherner
December 8th, 2015, 04:01 PM
There would be 3 weeks of MVFC fans hailing Richmond as the new national champs. xlolx
True.

Bisonoline
December 8th, 2015, 08:31 PM

You should have brought your kids back sooner.

citdog
December 8th, 2015, 08:42 PM
Less of a layoff than two a days...

Daytripper
December 8th, 2015, 09:01 PM

Winner^^^

MacThor
December 9th, 2015, 06:28 AM
Well we should root for upsets of the #2 and #3 seeds so Richmond can host the "true" national championship game.

Sycamore62
December 9th, 2015, 08:14 AM
If you are insinuating that there might be a 3 week break of how the MVFC isnt the best conference in the galaxy, then you are wrong. there's enough of us to keep that going for infinity.

if it started failing us, Clenz could just post some fake stats and nobody would bother checking them for accuracy.

AmsterBison
December 9th, 2015, 09:01 AM
Well we should root for upsets of the #2 and #3 seeds so Richmond can host the "true" national championship game.

Ha! Not so fast!

You should be thankful for the three-week break. If a team beats NDSU, they almost always lose the next week because of the resulting physical and emotional something-or-other... something, something Pyrrhic victory. Heck, sometimes when NDSU beats a team, it's so bad that they might never win another game all season unless they meet another team that beat NDSU... oh, wait, what am I saying?

I tell you what layoff is too long: the 36-week break at the end of season which I hate (I prefer the 33-week one.)

Also, teams that beat NDSU shouldn't even bother going to the playoffs unless NDSU has had an intervening victory in the series. I don't care how long ago their "win" was, they should just be happy that the damage caused by it was not enough to destroy their program.

Note: This is in a work-in-progress. I'm still making up facts and stuff.

Sycamore62
December 9th, 2015, 11:18 AM
Ha! Not so fast!

You should be thankful for the three-week break. If a team beats NDSU, they almost always lose the next week because of the resulting physical and emotional something-or-other... something, something Pyrrhic victory. Heck, sometimes when NDSU beats a team, it's so bad that they might never win another game all season unless they meet another team that beat NDSU... oh, wait, what am I saying?

I tell you what layoff is too long: the 36-week break at the end of season which I hate (I prefer the 33-week one.)

Also, teams that beat NDSU shouldn't even bother going to the playoffs unless NDSU has had an intervening victory in the series. I don't care how long ago their "win" was, they should just be happy that the damage caused by it was not enough to destroy their program.

Note: This is in a work-in-progress. I'm still making up facts and stuff.

Yeah that 36 week break sucks 12x more than the layoff and 36x more than bye-weeks.

Ill be so bored that Ill probably ask my wife if we can make our bed a loft to make more room for activities.

UNIFanSince1983
December 9th, 2015, 11:25 AM

We would love to come to Richmond for the semis to give a little payback for 2008 xnodx

McNeese72
December 9th, 2015, 11:32 AM

Wait, I didn't think that they ever stop doing that!!! ;)

Doc

Sycamore62
December 9th, 2015, 11:39 AM
Wait, I didn't think that they ever stop doing that!!! ;)

Doc

Its a rolling 3 weeks. during the season after 3 weeks, they are talking about 3 separate games