PDA

View Full Version : Hauck Interviewed for Stanford Coaching Vacancy

UNH 40
December 13th, 2006, 07:37 AM
SI.com reports that Montana Coach Bobby Hauck was interviewed by Stanford to be their new Head coach. I think it would be a huge loss for the Montana program if he was to leave.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/ncaa/12/12/bc.fbc.stanfordsearch.h.ap/index.html

griz8791
December 13th, 2006, 07:42 AM
Everybody knows he's going to leave eventually. He's an ambitious guy and he made no secret of it when he talked to reporters before the 2004 NC game.

89Hen
December 13th, 2006, 08:39 AM
Honest question to Griz fans... how big of a loss would he actually be? This was his third year? He did a good job maintaining what Glenn did, but were things better, or just the same in Grizland?

ChickenMan
December 13th, 2006, 08:52 AM
SI.com reports that Montana Coach Bobby Hauck was interviewed by Stanford to be their new Head coach. I think it would be a huge loss for the Montana program if he was to leave.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/ncaa/12/12/bc.fbc.stanfordsearch.h.ap/index.html

I really don't think it would be a huge loss... there would be plenty of interest in ther Griz job if Hauck leaves and Montana would no doubt be able to replace Hauck with another quality coach. The Montana program is rock solid and I expect that they will continue to be a FCS power with or without Bobby Hauck.

DaGriz
December 13th, 2006, 09:22 AM
Honest question to Griz fans... how big of a loss would he actually be? This was his third year? He did a good job maintaining what Glenn did, but were things better, or just the same in Grizland?

The biggest loss would be his recruiting. He has done a great job there. It always hurts to lose a coach but it seems like lately they don't last long in Missoula and Hauck has said a few times his goal is to move up. I can't blame anybody for trying to go as far as they can in their profession. Hopefully we have him at least one more year though.

griz8791
December 13th, 2006, 09:27 AM
I HOPE the program is rock solid. Searching for a new coach isn't something you probably want to be doing as much as we do it, but realistically I don't see our program as the kind of place where a successful guy stays very long. The situation has improved a little now that we can offer 3-year contracts. Before this year it was strictly year to year and that had to influence Dennehy, Glenn, and Hauck. It will be interesting to see what impact the 3-year feature has on the candidate search -- if in fact there is going to be one (egriz and Bobcation have been like a soap opera the past couple of days).

putter
December 13th, 2006, 09:51 AM
I agree on the recruiting end. Bobby has done a good job getting athletes to Missoula, some who had BS scholarship or walkon offers. He is a Montana boy who has a lot of passion for being in Missoula but he will move one. His OC is the one I am concerned with, not Bobby

GrizFamily
December 13th, 2006, 10:06 AM
It's always a loss when a coach leaves. The thing that amazes me is that we have continued our playoff streak even through transitions. It started under Don Read who retired after the Chipper in 95. Then his defensive coordinator, Mick Dennehy took over for 5 years and then left and took most of the staff to Utah. Then Joe Glenn came in for 3 years, who then took most of the staff to Wyoming. So when Bobby started not was it his first year as a Head Coach most of the staff was new to Montana and the positions they were coaching.

But it wasn't JG who started the ball rolling for us, it was Don Read who not only got the winning started but won our first NC.