View Full Version : Weaknesses of ISUr

Stonewall D
December 7th, 2015, 07:14 AM
Richmond fan here. Are there any weaknesses of the Illinois State Redbirds? There are few that I can see. They have an outstanding trio of Coprich, Warrum and Roberson. It seems Coprich and Roberson are unstoppable in the backfield. It also seems that their defense is stout and physical.

OSBF
December 7th, 2015, 07:20 AM
Been susceptible to "the big one" from time to time

Not sure if its a result of schematic problem or personnel breakdown

At least 1 time almost every game there's a big run or long pass that's just enough to keep things interesting

Stonewall D
December 7th, 2015, 07:26 AM
Quite frankly, Richmond looks to be over matched in this one. We hope to make it interesting. Your league is the top league in FCS. We do have a good coach.

BisonBacker
December 7th, 2015, 07:27 AM
Wacky tobacco that's about it.:)

Rollbird5
December 7th, 2015, 07:31 AM
Our secondary is weak against the pass, always a step or two slow or we'll commit PI's cuz we won't turn and look for the ball. On offense basically just double team Warrum as Roberson will look just to him about 90% of the time on a pass.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 7th, 2015, 07:33 AM
Roberson tends to underperform at times and needs some inspiration.

Professor Chaos
December 7th, 2015, 07:37 AM
Pretty simple in theory IMO. Throw everything you can at the Coprich/Roberson read option and make Roberson throw the ball. In practice that's much more difficult to do. With the way Richmond struggled to defend a similar attack against JMU I think the Spiders are going to have to score like they did against JMU to win this one. ISUr's defense, unlike JMU's, is no slouch however.

OSBF
December 7th, 2015, 07:39 AM
Roberson not overly accurate, doesn't mean hes not a good QB but he can't make the throws into tight windows that better "passers" can

But

Those guys cant gash the D for a 60 yard run when a play breaks down

clenz
December 7th, 2015, 07:48 AM
Roberson is completing 36% of his passes the last 6 games and about 2% to any WR not named Warrum.

Roll 2 over Warrum, singe everyone else and then play gap contain with the other 8 guys

Stonewall D
December 7th, 2015, 07:55 AM
I should have named this thread the "Are There Any Weaknesses of ISUr, because I don't see any?" It sounds like Richmond is going to struggle in this one. Did any non-BCS team actually beat the Redbirds? If so, how?

dewey
December 7th, 2015, 07:57 AM
Roberson is completing 36% of his passes the last 6 games and about 2% to any WR not named Warrum.

Roll 2 over Warrum, singe everyone else and then play gap contain with the other 8 guys

I knew Roberson wasn't a good passer but those numbers are terrible. Granted they haven't needed them that much because the read option has been so good. If Richmond can contain the run game of Coprich and Roberson and force Roberson to drop back and pass then the Spiders have a chance. However to do that you have got to be able to score some points on a pretty good defense.

I will be cheering for the Spiders as I want a semifinal game in the Fargodome....assuming NDSU can get by UNI.

Good work on the stats Clenz.

Dewey

dewey
December 7th, 2015, 07:59 AM
I should have named this thread the "Are There Any Weaknesses of ISUr, because I don't see any?" It sounds like Richmond is going to struggle in this one. Did any non-BCS team actually beat the Redbirds? If so, how?

South Dakota State beat Illinois State in Brookings about a month ago. Do a search for the ESPN box score and you could probably see what SDSU did.

Dewey

Bisonator
December 7th, 2015, 08:05 AM
Stack the box and play gap sound. Double Warrum like clenz said. Make Roberson beat you with his arm to other receivers. I think Richmond will be able to put up some points on them. Will it be enough, could be a high scoring game.

PantherRob82
December 7th, 2015, 08:19 AM
Lack of discipline. xlolx

Fans are sensitive and easy to rile up. :p

Stonewall D
December 7th, 2015, 08:26 AM
Lack of discipline. xlolx

Fans are sensitive and easy to rile up. :p
I doubt our fans or team will be able to rile up the ISU Redbird Nation. We are generally not constituted that way. I am concerned about Richmond's motivation, because we had almost too much motivation for W&M.

Sycamore62
December 7th, 2015, 08:40 AM
I think we could have held on if our D wouldnt have ran out of gas in the 4th qtr. Just dont make it a game where they need 1 or 2 drives to win or put it away so they cant just pound Coprich because he will run as good in the 4th qtr as he will any part of the game.

BisonFan02
December 7th, 2015, 08:42 AM
I doubt our fans or team will be able to rile up the ISU Redbird Nation. We are generally not constituted that way. I am concerned about Richmond's motivation, because we had almost too much motivation for W&M.

Come out hot to start the game. ISUr seems like they have had slower starts lately.....make them beat you in the air. Roberson is good for an INT or two. If the Roberson/Coprich read option machine starts rolling, you guys could be in trouble. I could see your point about the emotional game with W&M, but I would hope the team stays "up" for the postseason. I might have similar concerns about my Bison after the Montana game, but UNI will keep the fire going. :D

Redbird 13
December 7th, 2015, 09:02 AM
The secondary and Roberson's arm.

I'm pretty happy with the way everything else looks right now.

Redbird 13
December 7th, 2015, 09:03 AM
Come out hot to start the game. ISUr seems like they have had slower starts lately.....make them beat you in the air. Roberson is good for an INT or two. If the Roberson/Coprich read option machine starts rolling, you guys could be in trouble. I could see your point about the emotional game with W&M, but I would hope the team stays "up" for the postseason. I might have similar concerns about my Bison after the Montana game, but UNI will keep the fire going. :D

I definitely should have mentioned that. Outside of the South Dakota game, it seems like the 'Birds haven't put two halves together. Eventually, it's going to bite us.

Stonewall D
December 7th, 2015, 09:05 AM
It sounds like Coprich is a beast. Do they like to run to one side or the other or up the middle? I am not sure we have faced a read option type attack (maybe JMU) this year.

ISUMatt
December 7th, 2015, 09:13 AM
Tell your DLine they will need a full 60. Our OLine has routinely worn down the line in the 4th quarter. Both Tre and Coprich are fast so while just as dangerous going through the middle, personally I believe they would rather beat you around the edge

ISUMatt

clenz
December 7th, 2015, 09:18 AM
I knew Roberson wasn't a good passer but those numbers are terrible. Granted they haven't needed them that much because the read option has been so good. If Richmond can contain the run game of Coprich and Roberson and force Roberson to drop back and pass then the Spiders have a chance. However to do that you have got to be able to score some points on a pretty good defense.

I will be cheering for the Spiders as I want a semifinal game in the Fargodome....assuming NDSU can get by UNI.

Dewey
I made the 2% number up as an exaggeration but I might not be far off. The NCAA doesn't list targets, so I can't tell % to a WR

However, looking at the WR stats for ISU, it's pretty clear what the game plan is - run Warrun on fly/deep post routes and chuck it up to him and hope it hits big a couple times per game

Receptions
Yards
Avg/Rec
TD
Avg/Game

Warrum

Coprich

Fowler

Gibbs

Jefferson

It's easier said than done, because Coprich is a very good back, but with the current ISU set up that is the best action to take. The problem is most teams don't have the DL and LB that are "able" to play gap control defense. Most defenses, because of how pass happy football is are rush upfield and stunt games with the DT. That doesn't work against what ISU does.

DL need to stay at the LOS. Ends can't chase from the backside. LB's have to keep their gap because of how well Roberson and Coprich can cut back. Over pursuit is what kills teams playing ISUr. Even UNI's games against ISUr they'd kept Marshaun to about 2.0 YPC all game, but the one game they lost gap control he took it 70-80 yards to the house.

leatherneck177
December 7th, 2015, 09:29 AM
I'd say their secondary is a weak spot, however their offense is strong enough that they can just outscore their opponent even if exposed. Case in point, the 4th quarter against the Necks this past Saturday. Necks get it to 22-19, Redbirds answer quickly and then drive the nail in with a 72 yard TD run.

I only think a few teams can stop them...UNI, NDSU come to mind.

Redbird Recon
December 7th, 2015, 09:42 AM
Banged up secondary

Jacks02
December 7th, 2015, 09:44 AM
Pretty simple in theory IMO. Throw everything you can at the Coprich/Roberson read option and make Roberson throw the ball. In practice that's much more difficult to do. With the way Richmond struggled to defend a similar attack against JMU I think the Spiders are going to have to score like they did against JMU to win this one. ISUr's defense, unlike JMU's, is no slouch however.

Exactly what I was going to say. It is how SDSU won their match against ISU. Held Coprich to around 50 yards and made them go through the air.

Stonewall D
December 7th, 2015, 09:55 AM
Yikes.

PantherRob82
December 7th, 2015, 09:56 AM

I know. Your fans are mellow. None of them even wanted to get together last time we played. :D

ur2k
December 7th, 2015, 11:31 AM
I know. Your fans are mellow. None of them even wanted to get together last time we played. :D

You guys were a joy to deal with. Did you happen to catch the score in our basketball match-up on Saturday?

Sounds like we have to be concerned with the run. Our D tends to go with a bend but not break mentality - it has been really good in the last games against a W&M team that we loaded up against the run. We haven't been great against QBs that like to run.

UR has a pretty good stable of skill position players. Green, our primary RB has had a monster season starting when he shredded JMU. Our other RB - Fisher was out for a few games but got some carries this Saturday. Diggs and Brown are our WRs and are both very good, they were both CAA first team, as was Green. QB Lauletta has been very good for a Sophomore in his first year as a starter but is prone to making a few really dumb throws a game.

Thumper 76
December 7th, 2015, 11:56 AM
According to some ISUr fans the only reason we beat them was by not having replay available xlolx.

On a serious note, shut down Coprich. That's how SDSU won the game.

ISUR24
December 7th, 2015, 01:27 PM
No replay was definitely not THE reason you won. It was A reason you won. It's 2015... even in South Dakota replay isn't that hard. You can EASILY admit there were multiple obvious fumbles and a few "inadvertent" whistles that were just head scratching. To be fair... blatant fumble that didn't go your way towards the end of the game as well. Just... get replay in the new barn eh?

Thumper 76
December 7th, 2015, 01:32 PM
How many times does the reason for no replay have to be said. Being as the stadium is only halfway done, we didn't have it. It will be in there next year. We buy the equipment not rent it. Makes no sense to buy the stuff, install it, only to have to pay to do it again. Inadvertent whistles are not reviewable. You lost because we shut down your number one offensive threat big time. There are bad calls in every game. I agree it wasn't the best officiated game I've seen for sure, but that's how it goes.

Professor Chaos
December 7th, 2015, 01:40 PM
How many times does the reason for no replay have to be said. Being as the stadium is only halfway done, we didn't have it. It will be in there next year. We buy the equipment not rent it. Makes no sense to buy the stuff, install it, only to have to pay to do it again. Inadvertent whistles are not reviewable. You lost because we shut down your number one offensive threat big time. There are bad calls in every game. I agree it wasn't the best officiated game I've seen for sure, but that's how it goes.
Take it easy on the ISUr guys... most of them are only here in December.

Sycamore62
December 7th, 2015, 01:43 PM
Speaking of reasons, I thought we didnt have it at ISUb, then we had it at home vs NDSU. Not sure if they brought it with?

ISUR24
December 7th, 2015, 02:04 PM
I'm here all year... just don't find it relevant to join the circle jerk of Clenz, OSBF, and sometimes Lakes throwing gas on Marshauns blunt.

BisonFan02
December 7th, 2015, 02:05 PM
I'm here all year... just don't find it relevant to join the circle jerk of Clenz, OSBF, and sometimes Lakes throwing gas on Marshauns blunt.

Lakes isn't here.....what have you been reading all year?

Sycamore62
December 7th, 2015, 02:08 PM

Marshaun is a great running back

not a great drug dealer

URMite
December 7th, 2015, 02:20 PM
Marshaun is a great running back

not a great drug dealer

If the two had any correlation, then ISUr would be in trouble. We had an RB holding 150 times what theirs had. Although he was no longer a part of our institution by the time authorities arrived...

ANYWAY, back to the topic at hand, any suggestions on how to get the Redbirds to throw passes over the middle? We have a player who was the leading receiver for our opponent twice this year that way. (once by receptions, once by yards)

clenz
December 7th, 2015, 02:24 PM
Lakes isn't here.....what have you been reading all year?
The last time lakes logged in was November 4th, 2012

Novemberists have a hard time keeping their years straight.

ISUR24
December 7th, 2015, 02:42 PM
He's over in our neck of the woods trying his damndest to act "friendly."

BisonFan02
December 7th, 2015, 03:08 PM

He's over in our neck of the woods trying his damndest to act "friendly."

One of these these things is not like the other......one of these things doesn't belong.....

ISUMatt
December 7th, 2015, 04:37 PM
Like it was stated before, our DBs struggle to turn their heads and defend the deep ball. It's actually what happened in Frisco costing us the game. I remember yelling it out several times over the weekend...look for the ball!!!

ISUMatt

REALBird
December 7th, 2015, 05:08 PM
We can be beat on AnyGivenSaturday like any other team. Fortunately this game is on Friday.

Seriously, taking nothing away from Richmond but I don't think your DEF will be better than SDSU, UNI, YSU or Indiana State.

If you can out score us, you have a chance. Judging from the JMU, Albany, Villanova and UNH box scores I'd be curious to know what are Richmond's weaknesses?

PantherRob82
December 7th, 2015, 05:11 PM

Wait, what's this about a blunt?

PantherRob82
December 7th, 2015, 05:13 PM
If you can out score us, you have a chance. Judging from the JMU, Albany, Villanova and UNH box scores I'd be curious to know what are Richmond's weaknesses?

Is that how that works? Score more points and win? xlolx

REALBird
December 7th, 2015, 05:56 PM
Is that how that works? Score more points and win? xlolx

I don't think they can stop us on DEF, but our DEF has been pretty terrible in stretches. Kinda reminds me of the EWU game last year. This one may be a shootout.

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 7th, 2015, 07:26 PM
We can be beat on AnyGivenSaturday like any other team. Fortunately this game is on Friday.

Seriously, taking nothing away from Richmond but I don't think your DEF will be better than SDSU, UNI, YSU or Indiana State.

Defending passes underneath and special teams, in general.

caribbeanhen
December 7th, 2015, 08:03 PM
the Illinois State I saw on Saturday didn't look as good as what I remembered from last year, not saying they are not still real good though.....just something seemed missing......I think Richmond will find a way to hang in this one.

Thumper 76
December 7th, 2015, 08:21 PM
Defending passes underneath and special teams, in general.

Roberson never seemed very proficient in his mid to short passes to me. So that's a good thing.

Rollbird5
December 7th, 2015, 08:23 PM
the Illinois State I saw on Saturday didn't look as good as what I remembered from last year, not saying they are not still real good though.....just something seemed missing......I think Richmond will find a way to hang in this one.
Definitely better last year, lost 3 all-conference OL I believe, a NFL WR and TE and another really good senior WR. I think we only returned 4 starting defenders as well. Lots of young talent but young still and growing/improving with every game. Have had lots of injuries during the year as well so not as much time to gel on either side of the ball

Stonewall D
December 8th, 2015, 12:50 PM
Richmond will probably struggle to contain the run and might wear down towards the end.

December 8th, 2015, 01:02 PM
Your best chance is if the ISU is so obsessed with revenge on NDSU that they overlook you. I do not think that will happen but it is your best chance.

Redbirdgrad
December 8th, 2015, 01:22 PM
Biggest difference between last year and this year is the TE production. The reason Tre looked better throwing the ball last year is because he loved throwing that seam route and now it's not as available. Now it's read-option, read-option, read-option, maybe a qb draw, read-option, chuck one 40 yards...

But it works.

Couple that with an offensive line that wears you down as the game goes on and a defensive line that keeps coming all game and you have the #2 seeded Redbirds.

If Richmond wants to win they have to stay ahead of the chains. Don't get in 2nd and longs and 3rd and longs... wont work with the pass rush you're about to face.

Bison56
December 8th, 2015, 01:25 PM
They are very sensitive.

URMite
December 8th, 2015, 01:32 PM

On Defense, short passes to the sidelines since CBs start so far back.
On Offense, making our QB go through multiple pass reads, since he will read slow, then rush his throw into coverage.
And everything on Special Teams. xlolx

MacThor
December 8th, 2015, 03:37 PM
If ISUr's passing game is dependent on the deep ball, UR will be in OK shape. As others have said, our corners play very soft which opens up sideline routes. The upside is that they don't get beat deep. The "bend but don't break" philosophy is math-based, always trying to keep the threats in front of the defenders and not get outnumbered. It is also opportunistic, depending on turnovers with very few 3-and-outs.
JMU picked us apart with a bunch of underneath stuff and Vad Lee running the ball. I'm not sure what happened vs. Albany - skipped that Halloween game.
I don't get the impression that our corners are great open field tacklers so if the read option breaks contain to the second level we could be in trouble. (They are good tacklers but that is mostly closing on a receiver just after he catches the ball)
MD just shredded us in the second half of our FBS game.

It sounds like our WR's could cause some headaches. If we can consistently create 2nd and short we have a lot of ways to beat you. Offense is not our weakness. The only thing that stops our offense from scoring a lot is turnovers.

ISUMatt
December 8th, 2015, 06:12 PM
If your DBs play as soft as ours, I'm sure Warrum will get plenty of short routes creating the same
2nd and short yardage situations. We aren't just a chuck it up deep team!

ISUMatt

spdram
December 8th, 2015, 07:39 PM
We've done very well against the long pass, short corners are generally a gimme until you get inside the 20, then tighten up. ST's are a mystery, but have been playing better. Our QB is a first year starter, his first few games were a learning experience, then he got on track and I believe got overly confident (plus banged up), once he settled down he began to control the game better. D is good not great, O will cause most trouble if clicking, we can run, and pass to all three zones.

Bisonwinagn
December 8th, 2015, 09:26 PM
Sounds like this could be a high scoring game like 42-38.

Redbird 4th & short
December 8th, 2015, 09:54 PM

Dewey
Good work on stats by Clenz ?? Hardly.

What Clenz won't tell you is the truth when it comes to anything related to ISUr. I already told him in one of his prior misinformational posts that QB Roberson has been playing with a break in his right throwing hand since the UNI game .. Clenz is still upset we beat UNI without him, as he lined up more at WR than QB, and didn't throw the ball once due to break in his hand.

Now he is back posting again about how bad QB Roberson is as if he doesn't know he has played with this injury since we beat his UNI team without Roberson at QB. Wouldn't that be very relevant info .. you know, some context to his bad stats this season ??

As for whether Roberson is a good QB, note this .. he was top 3 in QBR in all of FCS last season .. read that back real slow Clenz .. QB Roberson had the top 3 QBR in all of FCS last season. And QBR does not include any run stats. Add his run stats, and he is a very good QB when healthy.

Last season when healthy:
- Passing:208 for 359, 58%, 3221 yards, 30 TD, 10 picks, 9 yds/pass, 16 yds/catch, 155 QBR
- Running: 171 carries for 1029 yards, 6.0 yds/carry, 11 more TDs

Does that look like a QB who can only run the ball ?? he is playing injured and we are winning. He should be commended for what he has done despite a broken hand. He is finally healthy now but given we haven;t done much passing all year, there just hasn't been quality reps due to very limited throwing ... since we beat UNI without him.

Clenz .. please stop letting your hatred for all things ISUr affect the nonsense you spew .. you just purposely misled people .. yet again ... even though you knew Roberson was playing with a broken hand .. again, since the game YOU SAW him not throw a single pass all game, and lined up at WR 90% of the game .. YOU DID SEE THAT GAME WE WON WITHOUT HIM .. RIGHT ??? So how could you forgot his injury ? And how could you forget it again after I just reminded you a few days ago.

Answer .. you are full of crap with your bias and hatred for all things ISUr.

p.s. more name calling please .. its really funny !!

clenz
December 8th, 2015, 10:03 PM
Again, what does last season have to do with him completing 36% of his passes the last 6 games of THIS season

This guy....

uni88
December 8th, 2015, 10:04 PM

What Clenz won't tell you is the truth when it comes to anything related to ISUr. I already told him in one of his prior misinformational posts that QB Roberson has been playing with a break in his right throwing hand since the UNI game .. Clenz is still upset we beat UNI without him, as he lined up more at WR than QB, and didn't throw the ball once due to break in his hand.

Now he is back posting again about how bad QB Roberson is as if he doesn't know he has played with this injury since we beat his UNI team without Roberson at QB. Wouldn't that be very relevant info .. you know, some context to his bad stats this season ??

As for whether Roberson is a good QB, note this .. he was top 3 in QBR in all of FCS last season .. read that back real slow Clenz .. QB Roberson had the top 3 QBR in all of FCS last season. And QBR does not include any run stats. Add his run stats, and he is a very good QB when healthy.

- Passing:208 for 359, 58%, 3221 yards, 30 TD, 10 picks, 9 yds/pass, 16 yds/catch, 155 QBR

Does that look like a QB who can only run the ball ?? he is playing injured and we are winning. He should be commended for what he has done despite a broken hand. He is finally healthy now but given we haven;t done much passing all year, there just hasn't been quality reps due to very limited throwing ... since we beat UNI without him.

Clenz .. please stop letting your hatred for all things ISUr affect the nonsense you spew .. you just purposely misled people .. yet again ... even though you knew Roberson was playing with a broken hand .. again, since the game YOU SAW him not throw a single pass all game, and lined up at WR 90% of the game .. YOU DID SEE THAT GAME WE WON WITHOUT HIM .. RIGHT ??? So how could you forgot his injury ? And how could you forget it again after I just reminded you a few days ago.

Roberson is a very good QB but he hasn't played as well this year as last year. IMO some of that is the injury, some is the OLine doesn't seem to be as good, some is that he lost a couple of very talented targets.

Clenz does like to point out ISUr flaws but he appears to be correct that Roberson is not having a great year statistically.

Redbird 4th & short
December 8th, 2015, 10:12 PM
correct, his stats are much worse this year .. broken hand. Also we did struggle with losing 3 all conference OL, plus lost all 3 WR starters and TE .. 3 to graduation, 1 to injury. We've played most of this season with just 1 WR/TE returning (17 catches) of our top 9 pass catchers from a year ago, excluding 15 from RB Coprich. So he is also dealing with a very new and inexperience. So between the OL and WR/TE losses, and the broken hand .. there's it in a nutshell.

But no Clenz didn't get it right .. he purposely misled this board. Does it all the time with all things ISUr. He watched the UNI game where Roberson didn't throw a single pass and lined up at WR 90% of reps he played. And I reminded him of this when he misinformed others on a different thread just a few days ago. So he just purposely misinformed this board again.

This is Clenz.

clenz
December 8th, 2015, 10:19 PM
I'm not misinforming anyone.

I've said in another thread that if he isn't healthy enough to play QB he shouldn't be playing

36% completion rate.

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 8th, 2015, 10:19 PM
I feel totally misled. I want my money back.

Geez.

Redbird 4th & short
December 8th, 2015, 10:29 PM
I'm not misinforming anyone.

I've said in another thread that if he isn't healthy enough to play QB he shouldn't be playing

36% completion rate.
you had to be reminded of that fact, despite watching us beat UNI without him at QB .. did you think he was benched against UNI ?? There was plenty of talk on message boards and twitter before and after game, and since then.

And who the hell are you to tell Spack or anyone, if he is injured he shouldn't be playing .. what does that even mean ?

Your bias just oozes uncontrollably.

BisonTru
December 8th, 2015, 10:37 PM
you had to be reminded of that fact, despite watching us beat UNI without him at QB .. did you think he was benched against UNI ?? There was plenty of talk on message boards and twitter before and after game, and since then.

And who the hell are you to tell Spack or anyone, if he is injured he shouldn't be playing .. what does that even mean ?

Your bias just oozes uncontrollably.

Why aren't you guys starting or at least started for a few more games so Tre could get healthy, that Kolbe kid? He's gotta be good enough to complete >36% of his passes.

I think he started for UNI, did he start any others?

Redbird 4th & short
December 8th, 2015, 10:55 PM
Why aren't you guys starting or at least started for a few more games so Tre could get healthy, that Kolbe kid? He's gotta be good enough to complete >36% of his passes.

Good question and fans were wondering the same thing. But Tre is our starter and we were winning still with his limitations. He just got the temporary cast off a week ago. But pass offense is out of sync. Picture practices .. you limit what you work on to make sure you don't put his hand at risk.

Kolbe will be a good QB and he would have benefited from a platoon system, which I would have supported for both reason .. giving opposing defense a different look to game plan for and developing him for next year.

Bottom line though is we went 9-2, got a 2 seed with no pass game, and are in final 8. If Tre finds some of his touch from last season .. watch out. But we are limited at WR/TE .. I just counted receptions returning from last season, excluding RBs .. we returned just 17 of 199 pass catcher receptions. Then we had 2 of 3 WR starters injured early, just got 1 of 2 back. Also had new TE starter injured early and he just got back recently too. We're into our 3-4 deep from last year. That is big part of issue combined with Tre's injury .. lot of new inexperienced WRs/TEs and very little throwing time due to injury. Yet e kept winning .. teams still had to respect Tre's deep ball still .. had a couple decent games, so threat is still there.

Redbird 4th & short
December 8th, 2015, 11:00 PM

to answer your question .. Kolbe did start and plated most of UNI game. Tre came in at QB maybe 8 plays the 1st half, less the 2nd half as UNI figured out the gig .. but Tre never threw, and ran just twice. Otherwise Tre lined up at WR much 1st half .. it worked for a while till UNI figured he wasn't throwing or catching .. he was a very good decoy for half the game.

truth be told, coaches won that game with the 1st half confusion we caused UNI. By 2nd half, our defense had already taken over game and QB Bailey had his worst game of year I think.

gotts
December 8th, 2015, 11:06 PM
to answer your question .. Kolbe did start and plated most of UNI game. Tre came in at QB maybe 8 plays the 1st half, less the 2nd half as UNI figured out the gig .. but Tre never threw, and ran just twice. Otherwise Tre lined up at WR much 1st half .. it worked for a while till UNI figured he wasn't throwing or catching .. he was a very good decoy for half the game.

truth be told, coaches won that game with the 1st half confusion we caused UNI. By 2nd half, our defense had already taken over game and QB Bailey had his worst game of year I think.

Wait a minute....

How do I know you're not trying to pull a clenz and mislead us here?!?!

Redbird 4th & short
December 8th, 2015, 11:06 PM
So let me see there is one guy who provides a solid number, passing percentage, and a another poster who talks about last year and talks about injuries. Let me see which one is more credible in my mind.

Dewey
you're free to lap up whatever Clenz is serving .. he regularly misinforms when it comes to ISUr.

my injury report, which clenz also knew and purposely didn't mention, is equally relevant .. no ?? He also said Roberson is no better than Baile at throwing .. .. really ?? Isn't the injury very relevant when making statement like that .. yes ??

So restating Clenz point accurately .. Roberson throwing with a broken hand is no better of a QB than Bailey .. there you go .. .. all agree ?

BisonTru
December 8th, 2015, 11:16 PM
you're free to lap up whatever Clenz is serving .. he regularly misinforms when it comes to ISUr.

my injury report, which clenz also knew and purposely didn't mention, is equally relevant .. no ?? He also said Roberson is no better than Baile at throwing .. .. really ?? Isn't the injury very relevant when making statement like that .. yes ??

So restating Clenz point accurately .. Roberson throwing with a broken hand is no better of a QB than Bailey .. there you go .. .. all agree ?

I'm probably spoiling the trollo party here, but damn near every valley poster over here is well aware of what is going on throughout the conference. We know Tre's been banged up, it doesn't need to be included in an asterisk when posting stats.

And JMO, Norvell should have been higher on the All-Conference list than both Bailey and Roberson.

dewey
December 8th, 2015, 11:16 PM

I am sure Clenz missed the passing completion percentage that is prorated based on the severity of the injury. Right? Roberson is a great running quarterback but his ability to throw the ball is not very good.

Dewey

Redbird 4th & short
December 8th, 2015, 11:25 PM
I am sure Clenz missed the passing completion percentage that is prorated based on the severity of the injury. Right? Roberson is a great running quarterback but his ability to throw the ball is not very good.

Dewey
did you just stick your fingers in both airs and start yelling .. lalalalalalalalalalala, I'm not listening

dewey
December 8th, 2015, 11:30 PM
did you just stick your fingers in both airs and start yelling .. lalalalalalalalalalala, I'm not listening

I am done with you. You bring nothing to the conversation. Every fanbase has their "fans" on here that provide no decent football conversations but just keep blabbering on. You are that fan for Illinois State.

Dewey

PantherRob82
December 9th, 2015, 12:10 AM
I am done with you. You bring nothing to the conversation. Every fanbase has their "fans" on here that provide no decent football conversations but just keep blabbering on. You are that fan for Illinois State.

Dewey

Winning!

MacThor
December 9th, 2015, 06:24 AM
correct, his stats are much worse this year .. broken hand. Also we did struggle with losing 3 all conference OL, plus lost all 3 WR starters and TE .. 3 to graduation, 1 to injury. We've played most of this season with just 1 WR/TE returning (17 catches) of our top 9 pass catchers from a year ago, excluding 15 from RB Coprich. So he is also dealing with a very new and inexperience. So between the OL and WR/TE losses, and the broken hand .. there's it in a nutshell.

But no Clenz didn't get it right .. he purposely misled this board. Does it all the time with all things ISUr. He watched the UNI game where Roberson didn't throw a single pass and lined up at WR 90% of reps he played. And I reminded him of this when he misinformed others on a different thread just a few days ago. So he just purposely misinformed this board again.

This is Clenz.

God bless you, please, Mrs. Roberson.

Professor Chaos
December 9th, 2015, 07:07 AM
And here I though the thread was about ISUr's weaknesses this year and not about Roberson's injury and how good he was last year. Silly me. xrolleyesx

BisonFan02
December 9th, 2015, 09:01 AM
And here I though the thread was about ISUr's weaknesses this year and not about Roberson's injury and how good he was last year. Silly me. xrolleyesx

ISUr sucks....Go Spiders! :D

clenz
December 9th, 2015, 09:23 AM
So let's look at games before the UNI game for Roberson, to get a full picture of how he's looked when healthy

Comp
Att
Yards
Comp %

@ Iowa

MorgSt

@EastIl

Year
Team
G
Cmp
Att
Comp %

IllSt

IllSt

There. Now I've told the full story of Tre's seasons. Healthy and not healthy.

Last season Roberson completed 57% of his passes - Bailey since becoming the full time starter at UNI? 57%

Aaron Bailey this year...

Year
Team
G
Cmp
Att
Comp %

NoIa

Running stats between the two

Bailey

Year
Team
G
Rush
Yds
Yd/Rush
TDs

NoIa

Roberson

Year
Team
G
Rush
Yds
Yd/Rush
TDs

IllSt

Roberson has a higher average, but Bailey's average is dragged by the early season lack of offensive continuity and the fact that he has probably 8 TD from inside 1 yard

How's that for the full story?

UNIFanSince1983
December 9th, 2015, 09:25 AM
So let's look at games before the UNI game for Roberson, to get a full picture of how he's looked when healthy

Comp
Att
Yards
Comp %

@ Iowa

MorgSt

@EastIl

Year
Team
G
Cmp
Att
Comp %

IllSt

IllSt

There. Now I've told the full story of Tre's seasons. Healthy and not healthy.

Last season Roberson completed 57% of his passes - Bailey since becoming the full time starter at UNI? 57%

Aaron Bailey this year...

Year
Team
G
Cmp
Att
Comp %

NoIa

Running stats between the two

Bailey

Year
Team
G
Rush
Yds
Yd/Rush
TDs

NoIa

Roberson

Year
Team
G
Rush
Yds
Yd/Rush
TDs

IllSt

Roberson has a higher average, but Bailey's average is dragged by the early season lack of offensive continuity and the fact that he has probably 8 TD from inside 1 yard

How's that for the full story?

Not good enough! We need more!

Let's face it the 4th and Short character will not be swayed by "stats" or "facts".

REALBird
December 9th, 2015, 09:44 AM

Jake Kolbe started vs. UNI. His IMPRESSIVE stat line.

11-16, No TD, for 80 yards and 1 INT
8 rushing attempts, - 35 yards (yeah I know sacks count toward negative rushing yards). Total gains rushing in the game a 3 yard scamper.

Jake stated vs. YSU
2-4 passing for 15 yards (11 coming on one pass completion)
1 rush for -8 yards

He was pulled in favor of Roberson who finished 6 of 11 passing, 130 yards, TD.
Roberson also added 5 carries for 90 yards with a 58 yard TD run.

Kolbe will be a fine QB when the reigns are handed over to him and he is a full-time starter. But make no mistake. Even with his current completion rate Roberson remains a dual threat who can beat you with his arm or his legs.

I know Tre had a down season. I shudder to call it a bad season with the injury, not when you still manage to win a share of the conference title and go 10-2 on the season so far. His completion percentage wasn't likely to be high anyway with the new receiving corps. The Bailey comparisons.....meh, give me a healthy Roberson any day.

Bison56
December 9th, 2015, 09:48 AM

This is what I was talking about when I said they are very sensitive.

-

REALBird
December 9th, 2015, 09:52 AM
So it's being sensitive to back up your QB with last year's stats? Yeah. Carry on.

Bison56
December 9th, 2015, 09:54 AM
So it's being sensitive to back up your QB with last year's stats? Yeah. Carry on.

xcoffeex

clenz
December 9th, 2015, 10:03 AM
Also, the topic is weaknesses of this Illinois State team - not last years.

This one...the one that will take the field Friday night

Roberson's 36% completion rate is a weakness, regardless if Redbird fans see it that way or not.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 9th, 2015, 10:08 AM
Also, the topic is weaknesses of this Illinois State team - not last years.

This one...the one that will take the field Friday night

Roberson's 36% completion rate is a weakness, regardless if Redbird fans see it that way or not.

Look, we all do it. You're sensitive to UNI criticism, I'm sensitive to NDSU criticism but 4th and bitchy takes it so personally, it's comical.

Professor Chaos
December 9th, 2015, 10:51 AM
Jake Kolbe started vs. UNI. His IMPRESSIVE stat line.

11-16, No TD, for 80 yards and 1 INT
8 rushing attempts, - 35 yards (yeah I know sacks count toward negative rushing yards). Total gains rushing in the game a 3 yard scamper.

I hope you're being facetious when you say impressive. Unless your name is Christian Ponder that is hardly an impressive stat line.

OSBF
December 9th, 2015, 10:55 AM
I hope you're being facetious when you say impressive. Unless your name is Christian Ponder that is hardly an impressive stat line.

Teebow would take those numbers...................

clenz
December 9th, 2015, 11:00 AM
Teebow would take those numbers...................

Tebow completed 67 percent of his passes in college for just under 10k yards with 88 TD to just 16 int

PantherRob82
December 9th, 2015, 01:36 PM
God bless you, please, Mrs. Roberson.

That makes a lot of sense. xlolx

- - - Updated - - -

But he was mad about the injury and has been in the gym ever since. xlolx

PantherRob82
December 9th, 2015, 01:37 PM

Yay, more sensitivity! xlolx

F'N Hawks
December 9th, 2015, 01:38 PM
That makes a lot of sense. xlolx

But he was mad about the injury and has been in the gym ever since. xlolx

What do you mean?

Redbirdgrad
December 9th, 2015, 01:52 PM
Clenz, you're picking where you want to stand on different arguments to try and wiggle out of something you were just called out on.

Yes, this Redbird team as a Roberson that is NOT playing to his potential due to an injury. This Redbird team, the one that has to take the field on Friday night, has the weakness of a QB playing hurt... but that QB playing hurt is still better due to his legs than any other we can field this year, and better than the majority of QBs at the FCS level. I'll put my trust in Spack to win on Friday even with an injured Roberson.

However, when healthy (as the stats have eluded to), Roberson is one of the best PASSERS at the FCS level. His deep ball is probably among the best in the country, and his arm strength is an asset, not a liability.

clenz
December 9th, 2015, 02:24 PM
Clenz, you're picking where you want to stand on different arguments to try and wiggle out of something you were just called out on.

Yes, this Redbird team as a Roberson that is NOT playing to his potential due to an injury. This Redbird team, the one that has to take the field on Friday night, has the weakness of a QB playing hurt... but that QB playing hurt is still better due to his legs than any other we can field this year, and better than the majority of QBs at the FCS level. I'll put my trust in Spack to win on Friday even with an injured Roberson.

However, when healthy (as the stats have eluded to), Roberson is one of the best PASSERS at the FCS level. His deep ball is probably among the best in the country, and his arm strength is an asset, not a liability.It's ISU fans twisting what I've said.

I've said that he, in no way, deserved to be first time MVFC this year. That is a fact. He got 1st team because his name and what he did last year.

I've said his completion % is a weakness for the team. Absolute fact. 36% is great for a batting average, not completion rate.

I've never questioned his arm strength. His accuracy is, without a doubt, an issue right now. His only redeeming stat is the YPC, which says more about Warrum making the plays than Roberson's ability this year.

I've said ISU is where they are despite the play of Roberson because he has Coprich in the backfiled behind him. The UNI game, which your comrade keeps bringing up, is a perfect example of that. He didn't attempt a pass. He had 2 carries and lined up so far outside as a WR all day he might as well have been on the sideline. Meanwhile, Coprich carried the ball 33 times, scored 2 touchdowns and ran for 169 yards

That games Illinois State has lost Coprich had 65 yards and 0 TD (SDSU) and 32 yards without a TD (Iowa). There seems to be a pattern there. In the losses Coprich is has 35 carries for 104 yards and zero TD. That's an average of 17.5 carries for 52 yards (2.9 YPC). In the wins? 272 carries, 1,833 yards 22 TD....or 27 carries for 183.3 yards (6.7 ypc) and 2 TD per game.

That's what I've said.

If you care to point me saying something else out, please do so and I'll willingly back track.

Redbirdgrad
December 9th, 2015, 03:13 PM
It's ISU fans twisting what I've said.

Just so we're crystal clear here, I'll quote you every step of the way.

I've said that he, in no way, deserved to be first [team] MVFC this year. That is a fact. He got 1st team because his name and what he did last year.

Roberson's stats THIS YEAR... in an injury year:
144.8 Passing Efficiency, 17th in the nation, 2nd in the MVFC
16 TDs passing, 3rd in the MVFC
1,855 Passing yards, 5th in the MVFC
19.73 Passing yards per completion, 1st in the nation
741 rushing yards, 13th in the nation among QBs
11 TDs rushing, 6th in the nation among QBs

Yes, his last year was phenomenal... but this year was pretty darn good too. To say he's only first team MVFC this year due to his name and last year is a stretch though... those are some pretty good numbers. Are there others who are deserving? Yes, definitely. But Tre is just as deserving and not living off "what he did last year"

I've said his completion % is a weakness for the team. Absolute fact. 36% is great for a batting average, not completion rate.

That is, unless your passing yards per completion is 1st in the nation. Then, when you hit a 70 yard bomb once every 3 tries it puts numbers up in a hurry. You see, we don't rely on a west coast offense where we need a good completion percentage. Would we like it to be in the 40's? Sure... but then the line this weekend would be -20 and not -12.

I've never questioned his arm strength. His accuracy is, without a doubt, an issue right now. His only redeeming stat is the YPC, which says more about Warrum making the plays than Roberson's ability this year.

Only redeeming stat? Please reference above. His plays to Warrum are dangerous enough to keep 8 people out of the box trying to defend against the read/option. Does he have a favorite target? Sure. But that's because teams are so afraid of his feet and his All American next to him that they single cover Warrum which is insane. That "only redeeming stat" is a big one when it's usually 6 points.

I've said ISU is where they are despite the play of Roberson because he has Coprich in the backfiled behind him. The UNI game, which your comrade keeps bringing up, is a perfect example of that. He didn't attempt a pass. He had 2 carries and lined up so far outside as a WR all day he might as well have been on the sideline. Meanwhile, Coprich carried the ball 33 times, scored 2 touchdowns and ran for 169 yards

Yes, you're correct. Coprich wins games all by himself, as referenced by your next paragraph.

That games Illinois State has lost Coprich had 65 yards and 0 TD (SDSU) and 32 yards without a TD (Iowa). There seems to be a pattern there. In the losses Coprich is has 35 carries for 104 yards and zero TD. That's an average of 17.5 carries for 52 yards (2.9 YPC). In the wins? 272 carries, 1,833 yards 22 TD....or 27 carries for 183.3 yards (6.7 ypc) and 2 TD per game.

But if Coprich can win games all by himself, and Tre is just riding his coattails, then why did we lose those games? I'm not going to rehash reasons we lost, etc. etc. we've been down that road before, but a healthy Tre Roberson is what will be needed to bring home a National Championship. The only reason we're in the discussion this year is due to Tre's ability to run the read option, causing defenders from the backside to not be able to chase Coprich. It's the DUAL threat as to why we're winning, not Tre riding Marshaun's coattails which is a laughable notion. Are you really thinking that we could replace Tre with an average FCS level QB and be a BETTER team, which is what your "despite" notion in the above paragraph is referencing?

Come on now... you're better than that...

URMite
December 9th, 2015, 03:21 PM
Since this thread is about weaknesses:

These MVFC teams think they are superman...
But we know, we are Kryptonite!

“Destiny is not a matter of chance, it’s a matter of choice.” - William Jennings Bryant

xdrunkyx

Redbird Recon
December 9th, 2015, 03:23 PM
I think Roberson's vision has been his greatest detriment this season. He's thrown some terrible passes that put his defense in really bad spots.

One thing that Tre can do that makes him so valuable: You can play the zone read perfectly and he still has the speed to beat the end around the edge along with the strength the break tackles in the open field.

REALBird
December 9th, 2015, 03:53 PM
If that's what you interpret, you run with that. But if anyone bothers to answer the question that works too. I like a good debate like the next man, but this crap doesn't make my world go round Rob.

Any Redbird fan who hasn't figured out arguing with the lot of you guys about ISU should have their head examined.

Carry on.

REALBird
December 9th, 2015, 03:55 PM

Yes I was.

UNIFanSince1983
December 9th, 2015, 03:56 PM
Okay this is a serious question. When looking up Tre's stats it appeared that he had played in games in 3 season at Indiana. He then has played in games in 2 seasons at ISUr. Did he get a medical redshirt or how does he have 5 years worth of playing time?

Professor Chaos
December 9th, 2015, 04:07 PM
Okay this is a serious question. When looking up Tre's stats it appeared that he had played in games in 3 season at Indiana. He then has played in games in 2 seasons at ISUr. Did he get a medical redshirt or how does he have 5 years worth of playing time?
Yep, medical redshirt: http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/indiana-transfer-tre-roberson-lands-at-illinois-state-061614

He played in 23 games for the Hoosiers and threw for 20 touchdowns and 2,433 yards on 197-of-330 passing. Roberson broke a leg in 2012 as a sophomore and was granted a medical redshirt.

Looks like it happened in the 2nd game of Indiana's 2012 season.

UNIFanSince1983
December 9th, 2015, 04:28 PM
I suppose I could have googled and found it like I did the stats I was just being lazy xpeacex

Thanks Prof!

MacThor
December 9th, 2015, 06:02 PM
I am sure Stonewall D has moved on, eyes glazed over. He had no idea how many worms were in that can.

Redbird 4th & short
December 9th, 2015, 09:33 PM
I've never defended Roberson's passing stats this year, nor defended him getting 1st team all MVFC .. I don't think he deserved it either. But we all know Clenz hates all things ISUr .. very well documented. So when Clenz makes purposely unqualified statements about Roberson's passing skills and refuses to acknowledge he played most of this season with a break in his hand .. on what planet is that not relevant ??

So then what does he say ,, he talks up stats before and after the injury, compares them to Bailey, then had the audacity to make excuse for Bailey that his numbers would have been better, if not for the "lack of offensive continuity" ... is he kidding with that ?

Then he lamely sums up Robersons 2014 season as 58% completion rate as being close to Bailey .. really ??? That's your analysis and the stat you key in on when evaluating QBs. Not the 3,200+ pass yards ? Not the 30-10 TD-Pick ratio ? Not the 9 yds/att, and 15 yds/catch. Not the 155 QBR that ranked 4th in FCS against some of the best defenses in all of FCS. Not the 1000+ yards rushing and the 6 yards/carry. You conclude his 58% completion rate wasn't much better than Bailey's completion rate .. you're selective analysis is a joke. Roberson accounted for over 4200 yards and 40 TDs last season .. not just a 58% completion rate.

As for Bailey's "lack of offensive continuity" affecting his numbers .. so you can make excuses now, but I can't ? But yes, by all means, let's talk about "lack of offensive continuity" and our OL, WR, TE losses and injuries, combined with Roberson playing with a broken hand .. how about that "offensive continuity" .. slightly affected. But he played thru it all and we finish 9-2 with a 2 seed. .. and a 36% completion % in the last 6 games.

But let's end on positive note, and I already agreed with you and your buddy Dewey earlier .. Roberson throwing (with a broken hand to a very inexperienced WR/TE group) is no better than Bailey throwing (with "lack of offensive continuity") .. so I will agree with you there.

BisonFan02
December 9th, 2015, 09:53 PM
ISUr won't have anyone there to watch the game. Is that a weakness?

clenz
December 9th, 2015, 10:07 PM
I've never defended Roberson's passing stats this year, nor defended him getting 1st team all MVFC .. I don't think he deserved it either. But we all know Clenz hates all things ISUr .. very well documented. So when Clenz makes purposely unqualified statements about Roberson's passing skills and refuses to acknowledge he played most of this season with a break in his hand .. on what planet is that not relevant ??

So then what does he say ,, he talks up stats before and after the injury, compares them to Bailey, then had the audacity to make excuse for Bailey that his numbers would have been better, if not for the "lack of offensive continuity" ... is he kidding with that ?

Then he lamely sums up Robersons 2014 season as 58% completion rate as being close to Bailey .. really ??? That's your analysis and the stat you key in on when evaluating QBs. Not the 3,200+ pass yards ? Not the 30-10 TD-Pick ratio ? Not the 9 yds/att, and 15 yds/catch. Not the 155 QBR that ranked 4th in FCS against some of the best defenses in all of FCS. Not the 1000+ yards rushing and the 6 yards/carry. You conclude his 58% completion rate wasn't much better than Bailey's completion rate .. you're selective analysis is a joke. Roberson accounted for over 4200 yards and 40 TDs last season .. not just a 58% completion rate.

As for Bailey's "lack of offensive continuity" affecting his numbers .. so you can make excuses now, but I can't ? But yes, by all means, let's talk about "lack of offensive continuity" and our OL, WR, TE losses and injuries, combined with Roberson playing with a broken hand .. how about that "offensive continuity" .. slightly affected. But he played thru it all and we finish 9-2 with a 2 seed. .. and a 36% completion % in the last 6 games.

But let's end on positive note, and I already agreed with you and your buddy Dewey earlier .. Roberson throwing (with a broken hand to a very inexperienced WR/TE group) is no better than Bailey throwing (with "lack of offensive continuity") .. so I will agree with you there.
Lack of continuity absolutely was an issue early in the season

Bailey stepped onto campus for the first time the first day of fall camp. He stepped into an offense that lost David Johnson, 2 OL, a starting TE and the top 3 WR, and the starting QB from the year before. The coaching staff decided to have 4 QBs split reps 25/25/25/25 all fall camp long to decide the starter. Then once the first game rolled around they decided that they would rotate quarterbacks, with two very different skill sets, with a true soph WR and a WR that played DB until late last year as the starting WR, and a group of 6 running backs getting carries every single game.

That all changed after the loss to WIU. Bailey became the only QB to see the field. Tyvis Smith became the feature back. The WR core was shuffled. The playbook was modified to fit a Bailey style QB. Since then...and you lie when you say Roberson completed 58% of his passes last year...it was 57%....Bailey has completed 57% of his passes.

None of that is a lie. It's simply you being a funt.

Rollbird5
December 9th, 2015, 10:23 PM
ISUr won't have anyone there to watch the game. Is that a weakness?

Not this week but if we advance past richmond then it will be cuz Bizon or Panthers will probably be half the crowd or more knowing our community's attendance track record

PantherRob82
December 10th, 2015, 01:48 AM
Not this week but if we advance past richmond then it will be cuz Bizon or Panthers will probably be half the crowd or more knowing our community's attendance track record

If the Bison win on Saturday it may become Fargo Central (I think Frisco has already been dubbed Fargo South)

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 10th, 2015, 04:38 AM
I am sure Stonewall D has moved on, eyes glazed over. He had no idea how many worms were in that can.

I think his eyes were already glazed before he started this thread. But yea.

Redbird 4th & short
December 10th, 2015, 05:41 AM
Lack of continuity absolutely was an issue early in the season

Bailey stepped onto campus for the first time the first day of fall camp. He stepped into an offense that lost David Johnson, 2 OL, a starting TE and the top 3 WR, and the starting QB from the year before. The coaching staff decided to have 4 QBs split reps 25/25/25/25 all fall camp long to decide the starter. Then once the first game rolled around they decided that they would rotate quarterbacks, with two very different skill sets, with a true soph WR and a WR that played DB until late last year as the starting WR, and a group of 6 running backs getting carries every single game.

That all changed after the loss to WIU. Bailey became the only QB to see the field. Tyvis Smith became the feature back. The WR core was shuffled. The playbook was modified to fit a Bailey style QB. Since then...and you lie when you say Roberson completed 58% of his passes last year...it was 57%....Bailey has completed 57% of his passes.

None of that is a lie. It's simply you being a funt.
So you're acknowledging there may be circumstances beyond QBs control that would impact his results ... but just not when it comes to ISUr QBs ?

Yet you keep focusing on just pass completion % comparison. But you're kidding about the 57% vs 58% thing .. right ?? Not that it matters at all to the real point .. but he was 209 of 359, which is 57.94% .. I'm going to "lie" a bit and call that 58% if that's ok with you.

p.s. they do have this other stat called QBR .. just a bit more comprehensive than completion %, you think ?

MacThor
December 10th, 2015, 08:56 AM
That is, unless your passing yards per completion is 1st in the nation. Then, when you hit a 70 yard bomb once every 3 tries it puts numbers up in a hurry. You see, we don't rely on a west coast offense where we need a good completion percentage. Would we like it to be in the 40's? Sure... but then the line this weekend would be -20 and not -12.

Passing Yards per completion 1st in the nation but total passing yards only 5th in the conference means very few completions. It implies either long bombs and/or lots of YAC. I think this is a legit "weakness" as it relates to the Spiders. A west coast, throw underneath "long handoff" offense is the kind that gives UR the most trouble. Our DBs are good at covering the long ball and opportunistic.

UNIFanSince1983
December 10th, 2015, 09:03 AM
Passing Yards per completion 1st in the nation but total passing yards only 5th in the conference means very few completions. It implies either long bombs and/or lots of YAC. I think this is a legit "weakness" as it relates to the Spiders. A west coast, throw underneath "long handoff" offense is the kind that gives UR the most trouble. Our DBs are good at covering the long ball and opportunistic.

Don't try to reason with them they don't get it...

Bison56
December 10th, 2015, 09:05 AM

Now they are going to think you don't respect them.

MacThor
December 10th, 2015, 09:56 AM
Hypersensitivity of a small portion of the fan base is unfortunately not a weakness exploitable by the Spiders. :)

PantherRob82
December 10th, 2015, 10:03 AM
Hypersensitivity of a small portion of the fan base is unfortunately not a weakness exploitable by the Spiders. :)

We've all taken care of it for you.

Bisonator
December 10th, 2015, 10:54 AM
If the Bison win on Saturday it may become Fargo Central (I think Frisco has already been dubbed Fargo South)

If that happens the online meltdown of 4rth and shorty will probably kill the internet. xlolx

PantherRob82
December 10th, 2015, 11:18 AM
If that happens the online meltdown of 4rth and shorty will probably kill the internet. xlolx

Sounds awesome.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2015, 11:19 AM

They're already melting down at the prospect of it

BisonFan02
December 10th, 2015, 11:21 AM

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/64611678.jpg

Redbirdgrad
December 10th, 2015, 12:51 PM

You completely misunderstood the point of using that stat.
Yes, very few completions... on very few attempts... but for very long distances each time... which is, the point of the offense.

If you were a 30% passer on a team who relied on you to get 3rd and 7s through the air for every first down, then you'd be in trouble.
But we usually stay "ahead of the chains" regarding down and distance and we have a lot of 2nd and 5s and 3rd and 2s where we aren't forced into relying on the 30% which is why our offense is thriving right now.
It's comforting knowing that every so often on 1st and 10 you can play action (which makes EVERYONE bite due to Coprich being Coprich) and chuck it 30 yards, knowing if it's one of the 70% where you'll fail then your legs can break one on 2nd or 3rd down and get there anyway.

When you don't rely on the short pass, your completion percentage doesn't need to be as high. You just need someone to keep the defense honest, and we have that in Warrum (and another guy in Gibbs breaking out).

The weakness of the Spiders isn't going to be the short passing game beating you on Friday night. It'll be the inability to stop the dual threat running attack. Yes, other teams can beat you by picking you apart with the short passing game, but that doesn't mean it's the only way... Your DBs might be good at covering the long ball, but the difference in this game will be whether or not they can do that while consistently looking into the backfield to see if they need to provide support against the read/option. That's a tough skill for a secondary and if you haven't played against it at game speed much, will cause problems.

Either way, good luck. Looking for a great game from a very friendly fan base that I've seen so far on various boards!

PantherRob82
December 11th, 2015, 06:58 PM
Someone should have mentioned "playing" football as a weakness". xlolx

Redbird Ray
December 12th, 2015, 07:45 AM
Someone should have mentioned "playing" football as a weakness". xlolx

Says the guy who's a fan of the team we beat this year.

ur2k
December 12th, 2015, 08:26 AM
Weaknesses - running game
Strength - Mustaches

clenz
December 12th, 2015, 08:51 AM
As I said. Coprich is the reason that team wins

Tre played pretty well last night. Doesn't matter because Marshaun was stopped

Thank you Richmond for shutting some annoying people up

AshevilleApp2
December 12th, 2015, 08:55 AM

Hey now, don't you have an execution to witness in the Fargo Dome in a couple of hours? xeyebrowx

PantherRob82
December 12th, 2015, 09:00 AM
Says the guy who's a fan of the team we beat this year.

Says the guy who's team is done because they looked like garbage all night. You can enjoy that win from 3 months ago all you like, it didn't get uou further into the playoffs than us and we have a chance to move on. ;)

Redbird Ray
December 12th, 2015, 03:09 PM
Says the guy who's team is done because they looked like garbage all night. You can enjoy that win from 3 months ago all you like, it didn't get uou further into the playoffs than us and we have a chance to move on. ;)

How'd that work out for you **********?

PantherRob82
December 12th, 2015, 03:20 PM
How'd that work out for you **********?

Your win really hurts right now. Still didn't get you any further than us. Go back to your hole until ISU is relevant again. Might be a while. ;)

URMite
December 12th, 2015, 03:25 PM

Your welcome!

Should we do it again?

Redbird Ray
December 12th, 2015, 03:40 PM
Your win really hurts right now. Still didn't get you any further than us. Go back to your hole until ISU is relevant again. Might be a while. ;)

I've got a feeling that the back to back league co-champions that will be starting a 3 star QB next year will remain relevant.

PantherRob82
December 12th, 2015, 03:45 PM
I've got a feeling that the back to back league co-champions that will be starting a 3 star QB next year will remain relevant.

Even with a new coach? ;)

REALBird
December 12th, 2015, 04:16 PM
Even with a new coach? ;)

Rob don't welch on my Casey's pizza! Tulane just hired a coach so, that MVFC connection with Dannen and Spack just went South!

PantherRob82
December 12th, 2015, 05:05 PM
Rob don't welch on my Casey's pizza! Tulane just hired a coach so, that MVFC connection with Dannen and Spack just went South!

Plenty of time left.

centennial
December 12th, 2015, 05:10 PM
Plenty of time left.
Always the instigator.

OSBF
December 14th, 2015, 12:30 PM
Plenty of time left.

Not sure he's going anywhere

He's GOD

Has a fan base and athletic admin that will let him do whatever he wants

Where else is he gonna have that power?

clenz
December 14th, 2015, 01:11 PM

The last two years have proven it doesn't matter how good your QB play may have been. Without Marshaun we will see a much different team

Tre threw for 370 and ISU was runout if their own stadium

UNIFanSince1983
December 14th, 2015, 01:18 PM
Yeah I think if I were Spack I would take the first train full of more money out of town. Losing what they are losing is not a recipe for success next year. Especially when so much of the offense was Coprich this year.

BisonFan02
December 14th, 2015, 02:48 PM
The last two years have proven it doesn't matter how good your QB play may have been. Without Marshaun we will see a much different team

They can thank USD and the unbalanced schedule for those two championships..... xlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
December 14th, 2015, 02:56 PM
Holy ****, this might actually top Sammy's runner up shirt effort. Posted TODAY

http://i.imgur.com/JoKmWQu.jpg

Rollbird5
December 14th, 2015, 05:10 PM

I agree that will be interesting to see how we do without Marshaun. We have had the top two recruiting classes the last two years so there is plenty of talent ready to step up in many spots. Will be a different team without Tre and Marshaun but hopefully we can sustain our success

clenz
December 14th, 2015, 05:31 PM
It's cute you think recruiting ranking matter, especially at the FCS level.

Let me put it this way-i worked for Rivals and refuse to put any real stock in them outside the top 100ish players of each sport

centennial
December 14th, 2015, 05:47 PM
I agree that will be interesting to see how we do without Marshaun. We have had the top two recruiting classes the last two years so there is plenty of talent ready to step up in many spots. Will be a different team without Tre and Marshaun but hopefully we can sustain our success
Top 2 what? Historically? FCS? MVFC?

Rollbird5
December 14th, 2015, 05:48 PM
It's cute you think recruiting ranking matter, especially at the FCS level.

Let me put it this way-i worked for Rivals and refuse to put any real stock in them outside the top 100ish players of each sport

I'd say it matters some obviously not as much at this level but it shows your bringing in classes full of talented players but of course it matters much more how u develop those players than just what they achieved at the high school level.

OSBF
December 14th, 2015, 05:53 PM
I'd say it matters some obviously not as much at this level but it shows your bringing in classes full of talented players but of course it matters much more how u develop those players than just what they achieved at the high school level.

And then there will always be the kid at some random B10 program that say shoots at a dorm from a car or has a problem with beating people up that no other self respecting football program in the country will touch that gets welcomed to Normal with trumpets and banners.

Bisonator
December 14th, 2015, 06:46 PM

According to who???

Rollbird5
December 14th, 2015, 07:50 PM
According to who???
Have heard people say it and coaches tweets previously I believe, did a quick search and these mention the 2014 class. Been awhile and would have to look more but pretty sure I remember hearing we were best in 2015 as well.
https://news.illinoisstate.edu/2014/08/isu-football-locks-best-class-signees-division/

http://www.galesburg.com/article/20150104/Sports/150109913/?Start=2

off top of my head might've been 247sports or one of those type of websites.

Bisonator
December 14th, 2015, 07:54 PM
Have heard people say it and coaches tweets previously I believe, did a quick search and these mention the 2014 class. Been awhile and would have to look more but pretty sure I remember hearing we were best in 2015 as well.
https://news.illinoisstate.edu/2014/08/isu-football-locks-best-class-signees-division/

http://www.galesburg.com/article/20150104/Sports/150109913/?Start=2

off top of my head might've been 247sports or one of those type of websites.
So apparently it's by Illinois State's staff. xlolx

TheKingpin28
December 14th, 2015, 11:32 PM
And I thought this past year for NDSU was good on the recruiting stage, but boy was I wrong.

Twentysix
December 15th, 2015, 09:54 AM
And I thought this past year for NDSU was good on the recruiting stage, but boy was I wrong.

Don't we have a walk-on that is going to be playing in the NFL (or is at least getting serious looks)? I mean...

UNIFanSince1983
December 15th, 2015, 10:11 AM
At this level it is more about finding diamonds in the rough than getting the most 3 star recruits. Recruiting classes at FCS rarely look good, but a lot is how you develop those players. NDSU, SDSU, and UNI have consistently done a good job finding those guys and developing them. Need to see more out of ISUr to see if they can do this.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 15th, 2015, 10:27 AM
Don't we have a walk-on that is going to be playing in the NFL (or is at least getting serious looks)? I mean...

It's all clay to this man. 3 star, 2 star, no star, PWO, scholarship, whatever.

Let Michaelangelo get him and he becomes a star.

http://cscca.org/content/images.speakers/78.standard.jpg

OSBF
December 15th, 2015, 10:31 AM
At this level it is more about finding diamonds in the rough than getting the most 3 star recruits. Recruiting classes at FCS rarely look good, but a lot is how you develop those players. NDSU, SDSU, and UNI have consistently done a good job finding those guys and developing them. Need to see more out of ISUr to see if they can do this.

I'm confident spak is learning this, he relies much less on "down" transfers than he did at the beginning of his tenure
I wanna say that at the high water mark he had in the neighborhood of 30 FBS transfers on the roster, pretty much was taking anybody that fell to him
Lately, there seems to be more of an emphasis on the tried and tru recruit/redshirt/develop model proven successful by the likes of NDSU, UNI, and others
Time will tell

TheKingpin28
December 15th, 2015, 02:51 PM
It's all clay to this man. 3 star, 2 star, no star, PWO, scholarship, whatever.

Let Michaelangelo get him and he becomes a star.

http://cscca.org/content/images.speakers/78.standard.jpg

This is 100% accurate. One of nicest guys you'll meet too. Hard working man that won't let his students, peers, or coaches quit on anyone. I still can't believe that bohl was not able to convince him to go Laramie. Then again, so would want up go there and I get he also saw the writing on the wall too.

REALBird
December 15th, 2015, 06:00 PM
I'm confident spak is learning this, he relies much less on "down" transfers than he did at the beginning of his tenure
I wanna say that at the high water mark he had in the neighborhood of 30 FBS transfers on the roster, pretty much was taking anybody that fell to him
Lately, there seems to be more of an emphasis on the tried and tru recruit/redshirt/develop model proven successful by the likes of NDSU, UNI, and others
Time will tell

Denver Johnson brought in a total of 78 transfers in his 8 years as the head ball coach. An average of 9.75 per year. 2002 he brought in 12, 2005 he brought in 11.
2000 (5)
2001 (9)
2002 (12)
2003 (7)
2004 (9)
2005 (11)
2006 (4) - made playoffs the year after brining in second highest number of transfers in 2005. His only playoff game as a coach.
2007 (8)
2008 (13)

Since Coach Spack took over he has brought in a total of 46 over the last 7 years. An average of 6.57 per year.
2009 (6)
2010 (9)
2011 (8)
2012 (10) - made playoffs
2013 (4)
2014 (2) - made playoffs
2015 (7) - made playoffs

Of the 7 from 2015 who transferred:
Jeremy Graves (CIN), didn't play the whole season tore his ACL in the summer. Not sure he's still in school at Illinois State.
Ryon'e Winters (WYO), left for personal reasons. Never played a game.
Reggie Spearman (IOWA), release for conduct detrimental to team. Played in 4 games, started zero. Couldn't break the starting lineup. 13 tackles, 1.5 for loss, 1 fumble recovery.
Stephen Amoako (ORE), played in 3 games. Started 1. 1 total tackle on the season.
LaDarius Newbold (Texas Tech), played in all 12 games. 18 tackles, 1 INT, 1 TFL
David Kenny (IND), played in 7 games. 11 tackles, 1.5 for loss, 1 sack

Good old Red Boots for all the credit he gets for trying to build a program had almost twice as many FBS transfers as Spack, and most of those guys played a lot. Maybe at one point he did have 30 transfers across the entire program for a recruiting class, but that doesn't say much for Denver "The Savior" Johnson either. Seems Spack has figured out what Denver never did. Kids get over-recruited and don't pan out regardless of the level they play at.

Redbird Ray
December 15th, 2015, 07:49 PM
I'm glad someone pointed out all of Denver's transfers. He had a ton of FBS transfers.

Redbird Ray
December 15th, 2015, 07:57 PM
The vitriol and hypocrisy from UNI fans is ridiculous. If you guys had any homegrown 3 star recruits you would be jacking off all over this board. Have fun scouring Iowa's ****ty 8 man hs football division for the next great scrappy wideout/safety/etc.

UNIFanSince1983
December 15th, 2015, 08:12 PM
Weird because our best player last year and best player this year were both not highly recruited or listed as 3 star. So I am not real concerned about it. In fact so rarely do freshmen make an impact for us that I don't even end up looking at recruiting boards.

The funniest part about this is you guys are telling us how great your recruiting class is because of how great your coaching staff has said it is. What is the staff going to say? "Well this year we really didn't get a very good class." Seriously get over yourself. Strangely enough your best player the last two years was not a very highly recruited player either. So don't get pissed at me for pointing out that recruiting class rating at this level (hell even at the FBS level) hardly means anything. I guess if you want to toot that horn go ahead just don't expect everyone here to be sucking the D of your recruiting class.

PantherRob82
December 15th, 2015, 08:27 PM
The vitriol and hypocrisy from UNI fans is ridiculous. If you guys had any homegrown 3 star recruits you would be jacking off all over this board. Have fun scouring Iowa's ****ty 8 man hs football division for the next great scrappy wideout/safety/etc.

"Like a good neighor State Farm is there: with a Redbird recruiting circle jerk!"

BisonFan02
December 15th, 2015, 08:28 PM

There is your problem right there.....wanna take a gander at how NDSU has built its program?

BisonFan02
December 15th, 2015, 08:42 PM
LB Travis Beck...Calio, ND (pop 22)
DE Kyle Emanuel...Schuyler, NE (pop 6,211)
LT Joe Haeg.....walkon from Brainerd, MN (pop 13,487)
QB Brock Jensen....1 offer to play football from Waupaca, WI (pop 6,069)

I could go on forever.....a good majority of these guys show a whooping "N/A" when it comes to Rivals stars....

Blocking FB Jedre Cyr....from small town Glyndon, MN (just outside of Fargo). A walkon....and a truck driver. :D

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=13850666

clenz
December 15th, 2015, 09:09 PM
This will be fun....

Marcus Weymiller - came on late in the season as a KR and WR. rFreshman from Waukon, IA (where Farley grew up). Population 3,800. N/A on Rivals
Joe Feldpausch - never massive numbers but very valuable on ST and spot roles at a DB. Dewitt, IA -5,200. Not on Rivals

AJ Allen - key reserve LB towards end of season - rFr - Waukee, IA population of 17K...That's as bit as it gets. N/A on Rivals

Tyvis Smith - 1000 yard rusher in a half season of work. N/A on Rivals

Elias Nissen - will be a star TE if the OC learns to use a TE. rFr - Springville, IA population 1,100...I work with his best friends dad actually. Actually played 8 man N/A on Rivals

Jared Farley - already an All Conference caliber LB as a true soph. Grew up in Cedar Falls...30k. N/A on rivals

Jacob Ratchmacher - AC caliber OL. Story City, IA population 3,100

Robert Rathje - mutli year starting OL. Van Horne, IA population 671. N/A on Rivals

Tyler Putney - JR. Started on OL during his time so far. Forest City, IA population 4,000 N/A on Rivals

Cal Twait - one of only 2 true freshman to see the field this year. Started at LT before blowing knee out. Manson, IA population 1,500 N/A on Rivals

Karter Schult - All American DE as a JR this year. Set conference record for TFL. From Tripoli, IA...actually played 8 man football. Population 1,300 N/A on Rivals

Isaac Ales - sr All Conference type player on the DL. From Muscatine, IA population 20K

Adam Reth - Macnhester, Iowa population 5,000

Here are some fun ones to think about

David Johnson. N/A on Rivals. Clinton, IA 24K.

Kurt Warner - Rivals didn't exist but he wouldn't have been on it. Went to the smallest school in Cedar Rapids in HS.

Chad Rinehart. All American OL, 3rd round draft pick. Still in the league I believe. N/A on Rivals. Boone, IA. population under 10k when he was there.

Jordan Gacke - All Conference LB during his time at UNI. I played HS ball with him. Rock Rapids, IA with a population of 2,100. N/A on Rivals

This is a fun game. Most of UNI's best players have been from small town Iowa....

BisonFan02
December 15th, 2015, 09:21 PM
This will be fun....

Marcus Weymiller - came on late in the season as a KR and WR. rFreshman from Waukon, IA (where Farley grew up). Population 3,800. N/A on Rivals
Joe Feldpausch - never massive numbers but very valuable on ST and spot roles at a DB. Dewitt, IA -5,200. Not on Rivals

AJ Allen - key reserve LB towards end of season - rFr - Waukee, IA population of 17K...That's as bit as it gets. N/A on Rivals

Tyvis Smith - 1000 yard rusher in a half season of work. N/A on Rivals

Elias Nissen - will be a star TE if the OC learns to use a TE. rFr - Springville, IA population 1,100...I work with his best friends dad actually. Actually played 8 man N/A on Rivals

Jared Farley - already an All Conference caliber LB as a true soph. Grew up in Cedar Falls...30k. N/A on rivals

Jacob Ratchmacher - AC caliber OL. Story City, IA population 3,100

Robert Rathje - mutli year starting OL. Van Horne, IA population 671. N/A on Rivals

Tyler Putney - JR. Started on OL during his time so far. Forest City, IA population 4,000 N/A on Rivals

Cal Twait - one of only 2 true freshman to see the field this year. Started at LT before blowing knee out. Manson, IA population 1,500 N/A on Rivals

Karter Schult - All American DE as a JR this year. Set conference record for TFL. From Tripoli, IA...actually played 8 man football. Population 1,300 N/A on Rivals

Isaac Ales - sr All Conference type player on the DL. From Muscatine, IA population 20K

Adam Reth - Macnhester, Iowa population 5,000

Here are some fun ones to think about

David Johnson. N/A on Rivals. Clinton, IA 24K.

Kurt Warner - Rivals didn't exist but he wouldn't have been on it. Went to the smallest school in Cedar Rapids in HS.

Chad Rinehart. All American OL, 3rd round draft pick. Still in the league I believe. N/A on Rivals. Boone, IA. population under 10k when he was there.

Jordan Gacke - All Conference LB during his time at UNI. I played HS ball with him. Rock Rapids, IA with a population of 2,100. N/A on Rivals

This is a fun game. Most of UNI's best players have been from small town Iowa....

More effort than I was going to use to prove the point. xlolx Look at some of the up and coming guys for NDSU on the OL...Tanner Volson and Luke Bacon played 9 man ND football for Drake-Anamoose and Towner-Granville-Upham (Granville, ND and Balfour, ND....populations 268 and 28). Both redshirted and are both 6'4" and 6'5", 300+ pounds of farm strength as RFr...Jack Plankers, 6'7" and 321lbs from Leonard, ND...pop 203...ALL ignored because they are in ND and not "blue chip" athletes...

http://bisonation.info/ol-karson-schoening-rolla-nd-2016-verbal/

6'4"...already a healthy 300....just down the road from me in Rolla, ND...pop 1,337. Played every snap in 9 man football at center and DL.

BisonFan02
December 15th, 2015, 09:27 PM
DT Brian Schaetz...walkon from Denmark, WI...pop 2,123

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2014/09/02/ndsu-nose-guard-learned-hard-work-on-dairy-farm/14972341/

https://i.imgflip.com/bpxtx.gif

OSBF
December 15th, 2015, 09:30 PM
Simple formula
RECRUIT
REDSHIRT
DEVELOP

As simple as it sounds, all it does is win

clenz
December 15th, 2015, 09:42 PM
More effort than I was going to use to prove the point. xlolx Look at some of the up and coming guys for NDSU on the OL...Tanner Volson and Luke Bacon played 9 man ND football for Drake-Anamoose and Towner-Granville-Upham (Granville, ND and Balfour, ND....populations 268 and 28). Both redshirted and are both 6'4" and 6'5", 300+ pounds of farm strength as RFr...Jack Plankers, 6'7" and 321lbs from Leonard, ND...pop 203...ALL ignored because they are in ND and not "blue chip" athletes...

http://bisonation.info/ol-karson-schoening-rolla-nd-2016-verbal/

6'4"...already a healthy 300....just down the road from me in Rolla, ND...pop 1,337. Played every snap in 9 man football at center and DL.
Same thing at UNI. There was a time when the UNI OL went 6'5 and 315+ across the line. That stopped after 2010 when Farley wanted to get involved with QBs like Rennie, Carnes and Bailey. The OL are starting to trend closer back to that.

The fun thin about UNI, NDSU, Montana, etc... is that the only way you play as a true freshman is if you truly are a physical specimen that can't be held back.

UNI only had 1 see the field this year. 6'7 290lb OL Cal Twait. His grandfather is one of the 5 greatest HS coach in the state of Iowa history - Duane Twait (339-63-2 in 39 years at a 1A (schools with town populations of about 1,000). His father is the Head Coach at Iowa Central Community College. Sends guys to D1 schools like crazy.

Off topic...BF02 will like this. You want to see some true smash mouth, get the **** out of our way football? Here is Emmetsburg in the state semi-finals in 2000. They are in white. Yes, they played at that pace the entire game. It was impossible to prepare for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfOKCHlgM4A

That team had something like 12 D1 players. I remember watching my HS play their HS in the state quarters in 2002 (my freshman year of HS). On that field were 8 players who would suite up for the University of Iowa, 4 for UNI, and 6 for Iowa State if I'm not mistaken. Not bad for Emmetsburg being about 2,000 and my high school being made up of 5 towns with a combined population of 3,500 (with 2 of those having about 3.300 of it)

Last year it was only Jared Farley, Preston Woods, Billy Williams (transfered to UCONN), and Daurice Fountain who saw PT as a true freshman.

2013? None
2012? Tim Kilfoy (ended up being an All American SS), Dieondre' Hall (All American and DPOY) were the only two. This class included Karter Schult, Brett McMakin, Tyvis Smith, Robert Rathje, Charles Brown, Logan Cunningham, and Justin Putney....

You seeing a trend for what it takes to see the field as a freshman at a program that has established itself for more than 1 hit of a class? Playing true freshman, outside of freak type players, isn't a good thing

BisonFan02
December 15th, 2015, 09:50 PM
Same thing at UNI. There was a time when the UNI OL went 6'5 and 315+ across the line. That stopped after 2010 when Farley wanted to get involved with QBs like Rennie, Carnes and Bailey. The OL are starting to trend closer back to that.

The fun thin about UNI, NDSU, Montana, etc... is that the only way you play as a true freshman is if you truly are a physical specimen that can't be held back.

UNI only had 1 see the field this year. 6'7 290lb OL Cal Twait. His grandfather is one of the 5 greatest HS coach in the state of Iowa history - Duane Twait (339-63-2 in 39 years at a 1A (schools with town populations of about 1,000). His father is the Head Coach at Iowa Central Community College. Sends guys to D1 schools like crazy.

Off topic...BF02 will like this. You want to see some true smash mouth, get the **** out of our way football? Here is Emmetsburg in the state semi-finals in 2000. They are in white. Yes, they played at that pace the entire game. It was impossible to prepare for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfOKCHlgM4A

That team had something like 12 D1 players. I remember watching my HS play their HS in the state quarters in 2002 (my freshman year of HS). On that field were 8 players who would suite up for the University of Iowa, 4 for UNI, and 6 for Iowa State if I'm not mistaken. Not bad for Emmetsburg being about 2,000 and my high school being made up of 5 towns with a combined population of 3,500 (with 2 of those having about 3.300 of it)

Last year it was only Jared Farley, Preston Woods, Billy Williams (transfered to UCONN), and Daurice Fountain who saw PT as a true freshman.

2013? None
2012? Tim Kilfoy (ended up being an All American SS), Dieondre' Hall (All American and DPOY) were the only two. This class included Karter Schult, Brett McMakin, Tyvis Smith, Robert Rathje, Charles Brown, Logan Cunningham, and Justin Putney....

You seeing a trend for what it takes to see the field as a freshman at a program that has established itself for more than 1 hit of a class? Playing true freshman, outside of freak type players, isn't a good thing

Hell yeah! POUND THE ROCK! The video cuts in between plays...how long do they huddle?

clenz
December 15th, 2015, 09:58 PM
Here's the thing about us small town kids, football completely consumes us. Players from small Iowa, MN, SD, ND, etc.. schools play with a chip on their shoulder unlike anyone else because every just assumes "Oh, you're just some kid from small time Iowa and aren't that good". It creates a drive that you don't see from many large school players who may be physically more gifted. It creates an attitude that you can't teach.

My high school had 110 kids 9-10 my senior year. My senior class was 40 with 19 males. Of those 19 males 16 were on the football team. About half my school was male. About 95% of those males were on the football team. We joined with a school of about 200 9-12. About half that school was male. 95% of them went out for football. Yep, a combined enrollment of 300 and we had roughly 130-160 kids out for football every single year. Combined population of 3,500 and I bet we averaged 3,500-4,000 for home games. In the big games of the year, playing the only other school in the county (smaller than our two combined, but bigger than just mine) we'd have 85% of the county (12k total popluation) at our game.

It's something big city people don't understand. I see it in Cedar Rapids/Marion. I live a mile from the 4th largest school in the state of Iowa with 2,200 kids 9-12. They draw about 7 or 8k per home game. That kind of attendance doesn't have the same tenacity and attitude that our smaller school did. Cedar Rapids has 4 HS that are all top 12 in the state in enrollment (all over 1,500 9-12) and outside of the football players and their friends there's no community support.

I'd never bet against a "small town farm kid"

clenz
December 15th, 2015, 10:01 PM
Hell yeah! POUND THE ROCK! The video cuts in between plays...how long do they huddle?
Think Oregon on drugs adderall.

There were games where the back judge couldn't back off the ball fast enough. The next play was on it's way onto the field before the whistle was blown for the previous play. Didn't matter the down or distance, they were going to run you over. Guys got up, sprinted back to the huddle, the play call was real simple (Power Right 18 over...or something like that. We ran the same offense but at a normal pace) so it only took 3 seconds to say.

Center was already over the ball because he had one assignment. Sprint to the line and push the limit for how quickly you could legally snap the ball.

Oh, and most of them played both ways, the entire game

clenz
December 15th, 2015, 10:04 PM
This is completely off the rails...this is now clenz and BF02 talk football styles

This is a few years after I graduated and you can see some change from straight power to more "open" play on offense.

06 was a title year for my HS
07 and 08 were runner up

The first game here is the big game - West Lyon vs Central Lyon. WL is one of the 10-15 best programs all time in Iowa history...Central Lyon is there as well. BIG GAME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY45LAc4zDw

If you have time to kill and want to watch some high school kids lay the wood, and play the game the right way, watch the three videos for that year.

A couple D1 athletes on the field for my HS, and almost every HS we faced.

#17 was UNI All Conference LB Jordan Gacke (the center was his twin brother who could have played D1 ball after HS but decided not too). Tyler Starr was still on the team at that time too. #19

There's a few state champ wrestlers...a handful with about 130-160 career wins...out there as well

BisonFan02
December 15th, 2015, 11:10 PM
This is completely off the rails...this is now clenz and BF02 talk football styles

This is a few years after I graduated and you can see some change from straight power to more "open" play on offense.

06 was a title year for my HS
07 and 08 were runner up

The first game here is the big game - West Lyon vs Central Lyon. WL is one of the 10-15 best programs all time in Iowa history...Central Lyon is there as well. BIG GAME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY45LAc4zDw

If you have time to kill and want to watch some high school kids lay the wood, and play the game the right way, watch the three videos for that year.

A couple D1 athletes on the field for my HS, and almost every HS we faced.

#17 was UNI All Conference LB Jordan Gacke (the center was his twin brother who could have played D1 ball after HS but decided not too). Tyler Starr was still on the team at that time too. #19

There's a few state champ wrestlers...a handful with about 130-160 career wins...out there as well

Meh, no one cares. The weakness of ISUr football right now is the fact that they are done playing. :D

OSBF
December 15th, 2015, 11:40 PM
another thing no one has yet mentioned
I think the kids at these little rural cow town schools are better coached
REALLY?
yes, allow me to explain
The football coach is not just some guy that shows up after school to collect a paycheck and coach with the goal being to have enough success to further his own career

They are in and of the community, they teach in the classroom, they know the kids, they know the parents, they know who the girlfriends are, they know when somebody is under a stressor of some sort
you see the coach at school functions, PTA meetings, parent teacher conferences, ringing the bell by the red kettle outside the hardware store

they are invested in these kids, they care

Redbird 4th & short
December 16th, 2015, 12:10 AM
Time will tell
Are you out of your mind ? 30 FBS transfers .. really ?? Name the year and the 30 FBS transfers ??

Let me help correct you completely warped recollection ... He had 9 in 2010, then had 12 in 2011, then 13 in 2012, then 14 in 2013, then 7 in 2014, then 7 in 2015 .. only 2 of which started (Roberson, Perkins) and 2 more were 2nd string.

You also say he "pretty much was taking anybody that fell to him" .. that is more BS. Prior to 2012 season, he had Auburn FR RB sensation Michael Dyer in his office begging for a chance .. Spack said no, even though we needed help at RB that year.

30 FBS players ??? You do realize this whole internet thing that allows you to post this crap, also allows you to check your frickin facts before you post such BS .. right ? Or are you just hoping no one calls you out for spewing your BS ??

Now quick .. one of you other idiot ISU bashers call me some names and then "bitch" about me being "bitchy" and defensivem while ISU bashers like OSBF spew BS with no accountability.

OSBF just lied to you again .. lap it up !

PantherRob82
December 16th, 2015, 12:36 AM
Bitch. xlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
December 16th, 2015, 08:06 AM
People who criticize ISU for **** they do wrong isn't bashing them and you ARE super bitchy.

Bison56
December 16th, 2015, 11:23 AM
Wow he is so touchy.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 16th, 2015, 12:43 PM
Wow he is so touchy.

He's the textbook definition of a Decembrist. #1 super fan of their team during the playoffs, and doesn't stick around long enough to get the "feel" of AGS.

REALBird
December 16th, 2015, 01:38 PM
I wouldn't go so far as to criticize where football players come from, if you're playing 8 on 8 football in Iowa. Good for you. I'd probably be looking at the kids football instincts and whether that SOB can cover some ground and make tackles rather than his 40 speed. Can't teach instinct.

As for the 30 transfers thing, I'm sure at one point......and I'm not going back to check there COULD have been 30 kids who transferred at any one give time on the roster. But in order for that to happen, that would mean EVERY kid from Spacks 2009-2012 team who transferred would have stuck it out. I'm sure that didn't happen, soooo.........

4th and Ray, much like myself are simply pointing out how a "certain" poster throws crap against the wall and then expects it to stick. For those who don't choose to call BS and check the facts, then it becomes the gospel. Saying a guy who took in almost 10 transfers a year was "building a program".....well.........yeah, have fun with that theory.

Old Red Boots wasn't above his flawed decision making either. A quick Google of "Tristan Davis Illinois State" will show you the type of model kids he recruited. Makes Coprich look like a saint. Never mind that although present - 4 other players witnessed and accompanied Davis on his felonious assault that evening, ALL immediately reinstated for the next game........ but I never heard of a certain fan calling for his head on a platter.

You guys can call it being "bitchy", and I'm pretty sure most of you just get your rocks off at the expense of certain fans. I'm a pick at the scab sort of guy myself. But the hypocrisy when comparing the current direction of our program vs. Saint Denver is laughable. No comparison as far as I'm concerned. 1 playoff appearance in 9 years, and he was building a "program"? HELL....he inherited a team that made the FCS Semi-Finals and lost Georgia Southern. He screwed that up and lost the first 4 games, before finishing 7-4 and missing the playoffs. He was out of his league when he got here, and is probably where he belongs coaching D-II ball. But that's HIS guy!!!!

Redbird 4th & short
December 17th, 2015, 05:33 AM
I wouldn't go so far as to criticize where football players come from, if you're playing 8 on 8 football in Iowa. Good for you. I'd probably be looking at the kids football instincts and whether that SOB can cover some ground and make tackles rather than his 40 speed. Can't teach instinct.

As for the 30 transfers thing, I'm sure at one point......and I'm not going back to check there COULD have been 30 kids who transferred at any one give time on the roster. But in order for that to happen, that would mean EVERY kid from Spacks 2009-2012 team who transferred would have stuck it out. I'm sure that didn't happen, soooo.........

4th and Ray, much like myself are simply pointing out how a "certain" poster throws crap against the wall and then expects it to stick. For those who don't choose to call BS and check the facts, then it becomes the gospel. Saying a guy who took in almost 10 transfers a year was "building a program".....well.........yeah, have fun with that theory.

Old Red Boots wasn't above his flawed decision making either. A quick Google of "Tristan Davis Illinois State" will show you the type of model kids he recruited. Makes Coprich look like a saint. Never mind that although present - 4 other players witnessed and accompanied Davis on his felonious assault that evening, ALL immediately reinstated for the next game........ but I never heard of a certain fan calling for his head on a platter.

You guys can call it being "bitchy", and I'm pretty sure most of you just get your rocks off at the expense of certain fans. I'm a pick at the scab sort of guy myself. But the hypocrisy when comparing the current direction of our program vs. Saint Denver is laughable. No comparison as far as I'm concerned. 1 playoff appearance in 9 years, and he was building a "program"? HELL....he inherited a team that made the FCS Semi-Finals and lost Georgia Southern. He screwed that up and lost the first 4 games, before finishing 7-4 and missing the playoffs. He was out of his league when he got here, and is probably where he belongs coaching D-II ball. But that's HIS guy!!!!
Realbird,

Typically each year, there is at most 1-2 FBS transfers who don't last the year, so my numbers above don't include the ones who don't last under Spacks rules (Dunmore, Spearman, Harris), but do include them in the years they did play. So the numbers above do include Harris (2 years), Dunmore (1 year), Perkins (3 years), Liedtke (4 years), Roberson (2 years) .. so all my numbers reflect totals for each year with most FBS transfers counted 2-3 times. There were never more than 16-17 at any one time early in season .. those situations are isolated and well documented.

As for the reflexively idiotic ISU bashers who think they can decide how and when posters post ("AGS feel"), and at same time lap up the crap OSBF, Clenz, and other ISU bashers serve regardless of facts .. let them do their little circle jerk and pat each other on the back for a job well done if that is what makes them feel good about themselves.

Lap it up ISU bashers .. whatever you do, don't discredit the person spewing BS .. much better to bash the person who fact checks him, after all you're all high character human beings who love to harshly judge others .. even if based on misinformation.

p.s. OSBF .. you ever find any evidence to support your repeated accusation here and on Redboard about the ISU player beating a girl ... still got nothing ??? You seemed so sure of that one and spewed it repeatedly, right ??

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 17th, 2015, 07:52 AM
Spack will take the "quick fix" with FBS transfers. Will he do it for next year to replace Roberson and Coprich?

OSBF
December 17th, 2015, 08:16 AM
p.s. OSBF .. you ever find any evidence to support your repeated accusation here and on Redboard about the ISU player beating a girl ... still got nothing ??? You seemed so sure of that one and spewed it repeatedly, right ??

When the incident happened it was listed on the McLean county circuit clerk's public access as DB, Domestic Battery. Upon investigation, it was determined that there was in fact no relationship between the victim and the perp, so there was a motion to amend the charge from DB to simple battery, as it did not pass the legal test for DB.

AND

That was the last straw, and spak FINALLY did the right thing and sent Shelby packing

OSBF
December 17th, 2015, 08:22 AM
Realbird,

Typically each year, there is at most 1-2 FBS transfers who don't last the year, so my numbers above don't include the ones who don't last under Spacks rules (Dunmore, Spearman, Harris)

that's some REALLY funny stuff right there, pardon me while I wipe the dunkin' coffee off my chin, I was taking a sip while I read this

WHAT "RULES"

What POSSIBLY do the guys that don't play by the rules do?

Pretty short list, armed robbery, attempted murder, sexual assult, after, being a convicted felon drug dealer doesn't warrant missing a single friggin snap under spaks "rules"

LMFAO

You ppl are so funny

Stonewall D
December 17th, 2015, 08:29 AM
Richmond fan here. I have nothing but respect for the Redbirds and their fans. They were classy hosts and a great team. I saw nothing about ISUr football that their fans need to answer for.

We would appreciate it if the Redbird fans could provide insight as to how the spiders can beat NDSU (on the weaknesses of NDSU thread) because I don't see it.

IBleedYellow
December 17th, 2015, 12:05 PM
ISUr fans are so touchy when other fans call it as they see it. Damn.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Bisonator
December 17th, 2015, 12:22 PM
Richmond fan here. I have nothing but respect for the Redbirds and their fans. They were classy hosts and a great team. I saw nothing about ISUr football that their fans need to answer for.

We would appreciate it if the Redbird fans could provide insight as to how the spiders can beat NDSU (on the weaknesses of NDSU thread) because I don't see it.
They aren't going to be much help. ISU hasn't beaten NDSU since 2010 before our run started.:D

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2015, 12:24 PM
They aren't going to be much help. ISU hasn't beaten NDSU since 2010 before our run started.:D

In fact, before their win streak in Normal, NDSU was the last team to win.

REALBird
December 17th, 2015, 05:09 PM
ISUr fans are so touchy when other fans call it as they see it. Damn.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Seems that for all those trophies you guys worry about it just as much as the resident wing nut. I get his agenda, he's mad his favorite coach got fired.

I get the UNI agenda, 4 out of the last 5 they've lost. I think we're 6-6 in the last twelve meetings. Gap has closed and fast. Thus they lap up anything that comes from some scorned lovers mouth.

You guys.....not so much. Haven't beat you since 2010. Lost in last years big game. Or is it just some old NCC fraternal circle jerk that has you guys willing to relieve each other when the other has a bad day?

You guys keep giving each other happy endings and letting the ISU resident voyeur get his kicks watching, while eating Casey's pizza. Just wash your hands when you're finished.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2015, 05:11 PM
Seems that for all those trophies you guys worry about it just as much as the resident wing nut. I get his agenda, he's mad his favorite coach got fired.

I get the UNI agenda, they 4 out of the last 5 they've lost. I think we're 6-6 in the last twelve meetings. Gap has closed and fast. Thus they lap up anything that comes from some scorned lovers mouth.

You guys.....not so much. Haven't beat you since 2010. Lost in last years big game. Or is it just some old NCC fraternal circle jerk that has you guys willing to relieve each other when the other has a bad day?

You guys keep giving each other happy endings and letting the ISU resident voyeur get his kicks watching, while eating Casey's pizza. Just wash your hands when you're finished.

Easy. The 2015 season isn't over yet. You won't be back in 4th place for close to another year. Just enjoy this for now.

Bison56
December 17th, 2015, 05:16 PM

I get the UNI agenda, 4 out of the last 5 they've lost. I think we're 6-6 in the last twelve meetings. Gap has closed and fast. Thus they lap up anything that comes from some scorned lovers mouth.

What else do you need in life?

BisonTru
December 17th, 2015, 05:47 PM

To be fair you guys did lock us out of your ticket allotment after initially going public, which is ... uh ... not moral or legal or something <---- This is purple, very purple before 4th starts with his ticket conspiracies or Redbird fans start threatening to beat fans up near them.

A little part of me is going to miss you guys this year (provided we make it), but it sounds like the JSU fans think their 500 person band plus all their boosters are going to get seats.

PantherRob82
December 17th, 2015, 06:09 PM

OR, just hold on with me for a second, we just hate idiots.

This message board has 0 impact on my life. I couldn't tell you our recent record against any team.

Rogue ISU fans are more of a joke to us than someone to hate. I'd run across idiots from every fan base at the MVC tournament and I never hated their team (except Creighton, because all of their fans were idiots).

I like ISUMatt, OSBF and anyone else I've ever tailgated with in Normal or Cedar Falls. I don't dislike your program. It's fun to poke fun at Spack and Coprich,but I do that with every team. For some reason many of your random fans seem to be more sensitive on this boards than most. Not sure why.

Redbird 4th & short
December 17th, 2015, 09:08 PM

This message board has 0 impact on my life. I couldn't tell you our recent record against any team.

Rogue ISU fans are more of a joke to us than someone to hate. I'd run across idiots from every fan base at the MVC tournament and I never hated their team (except Creighton, because all of their fans were idiots).

I like ISUMatt, OSBF and anyone else I've ever tailgated with in Normal or Cedar Falls. I don't dislike your program. It's fun to poke fun at Spack and Coprich,but I do that with every team. For some reason many of your random fans seem to be more sensitive on this boards than most. Not sure why.
You said, "you poke fun with every team" ... very convenient explanation .. but neither you nor any other of the regular ISU bashers even bothered to comment when InSU signed the guy was was busted for selling/possessing a bunch of meth, coke, heroin, and a gun, and it was all captured on video. And there is no way you missed this news because someone else posted on the Coprich thread .. no "poking fun", no phony moral outrage, nothing. When I pointed this hypocrisy out, then you and the other usual suspects immediately went nuts. So there is no doubt you were watching the thread.. BS artist Clenz then claimed he didn't comment because he was redshirted and wouldn't likely play this season. One other poster (not an ISU basher) questioned their doing this; a 2nd poster wondered if this was risky decision (i.e. financially) .. but not a word from you, Nodak 4ever, Clenz, NDSUR .. far more coke, meth, heroine, and a gun, and all caught on video.

But as you claim, you "poke fun at every team".

Bison56
December 17th, 2015, 09:20 PM
Calm down buddy. Why do you get so worked up here? Take a toke and chill bud.xsmiley_wix

tribefan40
December 17th, 2015, 09:48 PM
The only weakness that matters: lack of crowd noise.

BisonTru
December 17th, 2015, 10:02 PM
You said, "you poke fun with every team" ... very convenient explanation .. but neither you nor any other of the regular ISU bashers even bothered to comment when InSU signed the guy was was busted for selling/possessing a bunch of meth, coke, heroin, and a gun, and it was all captured on video. And there is no way you missed this news because someone else posted on the Coprich thread .. no "poking fun", no phony moral outrage, nothing. When I pointed this hypocrisy out, then you and the other usual suspects immediately went nuts. So there is no doubt you were watching the thread.. BS artist Clenz then claimed he didn't comment because he was redshirted and wouldn't likely play this season. One other poster (not an ISU basher) questioned their doing this; a 2nd poster wondered if this was risky decision (i.e. financially) .. but not a word from you, Nodak 4ever, Clenz, NDSUR .. far more coke, meth, heroine, and a gun, and all caught on video.

Was anybody defending the Sycomores in this move? IIRC, the kid was going to get redshirted without a scholarship basically one year to see if he can keep his nose clean. Most of us are in agreement that taking these FBS kids who have been dismissed for problems aren't the best way to build your program, but it is within the rules so coaches take chances on these kids and hopes they turn around and stay out of trouble. I'm sure if anything becomes of this kid a few will remind everybody of his criminal past.

Most of these Coprich/Spack threads would die if you guys didn't get so upset and bump them up every few days.

PantherRob82
December 17th, 2015, 10:14 PM

If you ever participated on this board there would be no doubt in your mind. You've probably been so mad you've been in the gym or were saving up for a band trip. #FlyinTilImDyin

birdsflyhigh
December 17th, 2015, 11:55 PM
OSBF has a definite agenda here on AGS and that's to spread as much ill will toward the Redbird program as he can. It gets old having a idiot like OSBF who seems to be a professional anti-ISU fan.

Anyone who reads what OSBF posts here should look at his ramblings as just that....sour grapes and complete BS!!

Anyhow, good luck to the rest of the FCS playoff teams this weekend. Would like to see the Richmond Spiders give the Bison a good scare.

Redbird 4th & short
December 18th, 2015, 12:19 AM
that's some REALLY funny stuff right there, pardon me while I wipe the dunkin' coffee off my chin, I was taking a sip while I read this

WHAT "RULES"

What POSSIBLY do the guys that don't play by the rules do?

Pretty short list, armed robbery, attempted murder, sexual assult, after, being a convicted felon drug dealer doesn't warrant missing a single friggin snap under spaks "rules"

LMFAO

You ppl are so funny
so you inadvertently forgot to acknowledge you were wrong about the whole 30 FBS transfers thing. Let me help you out here .. thirty sounds and almost spells the same as thirteen .. did you mean to say thirteen ?

as for no rules, another myth; this year alone .. LB Spearman is gone, LB Dunmore is gone, DB Amoako suspended, DB Starnes is gone ... no headlines, but 3 of 4 were potential starters .. all 3 gone. I'm going to make a huge leap of faith if that's ok with you and assume they violated team rules. In fact, that is exactly what Spack said when the 3 were dismissed.

Keep spewing your BS .. you have a big fan club here that will lap it all up. And they don't care whether it's true or not.

PantherRob82
December 18th, 2015, 12:28 AM
Keep spewing your BS .. you have a big fan club here that will lap it all up. And they don't care whether it's true or not.

You're right. We don't....because it's just a ****ing message board. xlolx

In fact, I think we all assume most things said on this board are false.

clenz
December 18th, 2015, 07:05 AM
http://cdn.meme.am/instances2/500x/3442268.jpg

UNIFanSince1983
December 18th, 2015, 08:25 AM
so you inadvertently forgot to acknowledge you were wrong about the whole 30 FBS transfers thing. Let me help you out here .. thirty sounds and almost spells the same as thirteen .. did you mean to say thirteen ?

as for no rules, another myth; this year alone .. LB Spearman is gone, LB Dunmore is gone, DB Amoako suspended, DB Starnes is gone ... no headlines, but 3 of 4 were potential starters .. all 3 gone. I'm going to make a huge leap of faith if that's ok with you and assume they violated team rules. In fact, that is exactly what Spack said when the 3 were dismissed.

What did the guys who were dismissed do? Seriously curious as I have no idea...

clenz
December 18th, 2015, 08:47 AM
Spearman got suspended from Iowa for an OWI and overal failure to meet program standards across the board. He left for Illinois State shortly after. Only thing I can find is "disciplinary reasons".

Must have been pretty bad if a felony drug charge only gets a captaincy strip.

Dunemore was booted from Oregon for "conduct detrimental to the team"...stealing from teammates lockers and reported drug issues....Oddly, he was booted from "Conduct detrimental to the team" at Illinois State. He's now at D2 Southern Oregon. Claims he chose ISU or Portland State for a "fresh start"...or to get away from an area that knew who he was and didn't want the baggage attatched. Well, he brought it with him. Have to imagine he did something terrible though.

Though, to be fair to Dunmore he claims he wasn't dismissed. He claims he left on his own to go back closer to family in Oregon to his single mother raising three kids.

Illinois state is real good at "conduct detrimental to the team" as they also hide Starnes and Marcus Jester's summer dismissals behind that wall.

Team rules are more important than a felony....or is it that they weren't All American's that couldn't be replaced on the fly?

Notice how nearly all of those dismissals came after the **** storm Illinois State took for doing nothing to Coprich?

PantherRob82
December 18th, 2015, 09:58 AM

They weren't good enough to start. xlolx

clenz
December 18th, 2015, 10:25 AM
They weren't good enough to start. xlolx
They were good enough to start, just not good enough to be difference makers that couldn't be replaced.

REALBird
December 19th, 2015, 08:53 AM
What else do you need in life?

Those two would be a pretty good combo, just not with you guys. LOL.

REALBird
December 19th, 2015, 08:55 AM
To be fair you guys did lock us out of your ticket allotment after initially going public, which is ... uh ... not moral or legal or something <---- This is purple, very purple before 4th starts with his ticket conspiracies or Redbird fans start threatening to beat fans up near them.

A little part of me is going to miss you guys this year (provided we make it), but it sounds like the JSU fans think their 500 person band plus all their boosters are going to get seats.

All is fair in football and tickets. They were #1 most of thes season if they still waited to buy tickets. That's their fault. Buy them all! BTW anyone need tickets? Just kidding.

REALBird
December 19th, 2015, 08:58 AM

Just don't Welch on my Casey's pizza damn it! I can understand all that other stuff. I don't like any MVFC or MVC team not Illinois State. Respect .....some programs, coaches, players, YES. Like.....Hell No! I don't like some of our fans either. Especially one Nancy in particular.

But I want my pizza Rob. Don't be that guy and welch. LOL. Because you will lose that bet.

REALBird
December 19th, 2015, 09:08 AM
They were good enough to start, just not good enough to be difference makers that couldn't be replaced.

So basically no better than the HS kids on our bench that Nancy Boy keeps saying Spack doesn't recruit. Still wonder which one fits, he takes 63 transfers a year, or he takes kids if they fit and they still have to earn a spot.

Just like the kid from Ohio State who ended up at EKU. He was a lock until he figured out he would have to beat Corwin and Perkins out to play. Had he accepted the challenge, with Corwin's injury he could have helped anchor a DEF that needed him.

Win some, you lose some. But unless he could play DB we still would have got burned by Richmond and everyone else.

PantherRob82
December 19th, 2015, 10:11 AM
Just don't Welch on my Casey's pizza damn it! I can understand all that other stuff. I don't like any MVFC or MVC team not Illinois State. Respect .....some programs, coaches, players, YES. Like.....Hell No! I don't like some of our fans either. Especially one Nancy in particular.

But I want my pizza Rob. Don't be that guy and welch. LOL. Because you will lose that bet.

We'll see.