PDA

View Full Version : UNI really classy group

JALMOND
December 6th, 2015, 11:15 PM
I wasn't going to bring this up because I thought it was understood. But after reading about the behavior from other teams players, coaches and fans, I feel I need to post this. Northern Iowa, top to bottom, from the players to the coaches to the media to the fans that were there all were really great, really classy, really a fantastic bunch of people. I wasn't the only one who was impressed with this. Our players and coaches also talked about the great sportsmanship shown by UNI during the game and afterward. Truly a great group, one that I am sure the university administration is proud of representing that institution.

xthumbsupx

PantherRob82
December 6th, 2015, 11:24 PM
I read the title as sarcasm. xlolx

I have to add that I was equally impressed by your program by what I saw on TV. I wonder if they became buddies and we will see a home and home?

JSUSoutherner
December 6th, 2015, 11:29 PM
I read the title as sarcasm. xlolx
After what's went on, I read it as sarcasm as well. It's good to see other organizations that still have a mutual respect and poise.

clenz
December 6th, 2015, 11:46 PM
I wasn't going to bring this up because I thought it was understood. But after reading about the behavior from other teams players, coaches and fans, I feel I need to post this. Northern Iowa, top to bottom, from the players to the coaches to the media to the fans that were there all were really great, really classy, really a fantastic bunch of people. I wasn't the only one who was impressed with this. Our players and coaches also talked about the great sportsmanship shown by UNI during the game and afterward. Truly a great group, one that I am sure the university administration is proud of representing that institution.

xthumbsupx
This is great to hear. We hear it from nearly every fan base we interact with in every sport - though there seems to be a couple that have different opinions.

UNI, top of the AD to the bottom of the smallest program, really strive for this kind of reaction.

JayJ79
December 6th, 2015, 11:53 PM
so you're saying that one shouldn't judge a fanbase by their message board banter??
(again, I kid)

Bisonoline
December 6th, 2015, 11:56 PM
This is great to hear. We hear it from nearly every fan base we interact with in every sport - though there seems to be a couple that have different opinions.

UNI, top of the AD to the bottom of the smallest program, really strive for this kind of reaction.

Nice to see your image has changed since Stan Sherriff was coaching.xlolx

UNIFanSince1983
December 7th, 2015, 08:38 AM
This is good to hear! Nothing but respect for what Portland State was able to do this year. Hope it continues into the future with Barney Ball.

Also congrats to Portland on the Timbers winning the MLS cup yesterday!

Sycamore62
December 7th, 2015, 09:03 AM
I dont remember it that way....

of course its been 18 years

AmsterBison
December 7th, 2015, 09:09 AM
That's really good to hear!

bostonspider
December 7th, 2015, 09:36 AM
Granted UR and W&M have a LONG rivalry, but as always, I felt the two schools, their staffs, players, students and alumni, respected and admired each other, which still wanting to kick each other's ass. This most recent game was no different.

unigriff
December 7th, 2015, 09:50 AM
Granted UR and W&M have a LONG rivalry, but as always, I felt the two schools, their staffs, players, students and alumni, respected and admired each other, which still wanting to kick each other's ass. This most recent game was no different.

And here I thought it'd bea bison fan to get off topic. Boy I was wrong.

Ivytalk
December 7th, 2015, 09:58 AM

xthumbsupx

I guess Cap'n Cat and D1B are the exceptions that prove the rule.:D

citdog
December 7th, 2015, 12:48 PM
[QUOTE=Ivytalk;2302175]I guess Cap'n Cat and D1B are the exceptions that prove the rule.:D[/QUOT

Aren't those two guys dead? D1B in a tragic fleshlight incident and the Cap'n picked to death by pigeons?

BisonFan02
December 7th, 2015, 12:52 PM
[QUOTE=Ivytalk;2302175]I guess Cap'n Cat and D1B are the exceptions that prove the rule.:D[/QUOT

Aren't those two guys dead? D1B in a tragic fleshlight incident and the Cap'n picked to death by pigeons?

I think Cap'n probably cut his dick off and bled to death. :D

Herder
December 7th, 2015, 01:22 PM
Is this the Farley coached team that we are talking about? OK, Just making sure we are talking about the Farley coached team. Thanks for sharing.