PDA

View Full Version : Richmond @ Illinois State Friday 6:30pm

Pages : [1] 2 3

ISUMatt
December 6th, 2015, 05:47 AM
That answers that! Graduation ceremonies would have made a Saturday game damn near impossible

ISUMatt

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 6th, 2015, 06:01 AM
I'm disappointed they left this one on ESPN3. Should be a very high quality game. The Spiders are playing well on both sides of the ball and are as healthy as one could hope for this time of year. Our special teams can be a real mess.

I'm well aware of Roberson and it appears your RB is on a roll just like our guy Green is. Any other insights on the Redbirds?

ISUMatt
December 6th, 2015, 06:10 AM
It'll be an ESPN2 game
UPDATE
Looks like I misread a tweet and we aren't the ESPN2 game

ISUMatt

bostonspider
December 6th, 2015, 06:21 AM
It'll be an ESPN2 game

ISUMatt

Not according to ESPN. CSU-JSU is the televised game...

ISUMatt
December 6th, 2015, 06:23 AM
My bad I must have misread the tweet

ISUMatt

bostonspider
December 7th, 2015, 04:30 PM
http://www.richmond.com/sports/article_10253ade-6574-570d-9c5f-c3feccdbc084.html

bostonspider
December 7th, 2015, 04:32 PM
http://www.richmond.com/sports/article_340ac8c9-35a7-5351-9699-95da6b87e51b.html

UNIFanSince1983
December 7th, 2015, 04:45 PM
I'm disappointed they left this one on ESPN3. Should be a very high quality game. The Spiders are playing well on both sides of the ball and are as healthy as one could hope for this time of year. Our special teams can be a real mess.

I'm well aware of Roberson and it appears your RB is on a roll just like our guy Green is. Any other insights on the Redbirds?

Pretty big understatement. Last year he was the OPOY in the MVFC a conference that had 3 senior RBs that ended up on NFL rosters. This year he had a heck of a year again and was again named OPOY. Now it is debatable whether he should have been due to the SIU QBs season this year, but that is another topic.

Coprich is a great runner and is a home run threat every time he touches the ball. Roberson has not been great throwing the ball since coming back from his broken thumb, but he is still a play maker and can give teams fits when running the read option in combination with Coprich.

I was really impressed with Richmond on Saturday so this should be a great game on Friday night! Looking forward to watching it!

caribbeanhen
December 7th, 2015, 06:23 PM
even thought the CAA is down, Richmond is the best we have and I think they will represent the CAA well in this game, Illinois State just looks a bit out of synch and not as good as they did this time last year (but then again they were playing vs MVFC teams), not predicting any Richmond victories but the RedBirds will get a good game from the Spiders and if not careful will get knocked out at home...

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 7th, 2015, 07:13 PM
Line opens at ISU -14. I find that line a bit outrageous.

centennial
December 7th, 2015, 07:21 PM
Sagarin has you as 12 point dogs, add 3 for home advantage, and according to the computers your should lose by 15. Also remember they are trying to make money, so why would they put something out that isn't objective? Everyone thinks you can have a chance, NDSU fans will root for Richmond so we can stay at home. If Richmond comes in hot ISUr could certainly lose. No one is discounting that.

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 7th, 2015, 07:29 PM
I understand.

Richmond is low in the sagarin because we played the 3 teams that finished at the bottom of the CAA. At this point, that's pretty irrelevant.

Would beating Stony Brook instead of Albany somehow better prepare us for this game?

KPSUL
December 7th, 2015, 07:34 PM

It seems like the lines have been largely off target so far this playoff season. This is a very good Richmond team and this game has the potential to be the best of the Quarterfinal match-ups. Looking forward to watching the game. Go Spiders! Hope your guys Play like they did against a Vad Lee led JMU.

KPSUL
December 7th, 2015, 07:39 PM
I understand.

Richmond is low in the sagarin because we played the 3 teams that finished at the bottom of the CAA. At this point, that's pretty irrelevant.

Would beating Stony Brook instead of Albany somehow better prepare us for this game?

Actually yes. If it had been at the beginning of the season when Stacey Bedell was still playing running back for SB. He plays a lot like Coprich.

centennial
December 7th, 2015, 07:39 PM
I understand.

Richmond is low because of the 30 point loss to 3-9 Maryland, and losses to UNH, Nova. Regardless, I think you have gotten better, and the lines should be -8ish. How is the Richmond run defense? Have you seen any read option teams? How big is your D line?

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 7th, 2015, 07:46 PM
Richmond is low because of the 30 point loss to 3-9 Maryland, and losses to UNH, Nova. Regardless, I think you have gotten better, and the lines should be -8ish. How is the Richmond run defense? Have you seen any read option teams? How big is your D line?

The closest - really only - comparison is what we saw at JMU and we gave up a pile of points.

Maryland looked alot worse than it really was because of our punt coverage disaster. We lost by a combined 6 points to the other 2. One made the playoffs and the other had a shot in the final week.

The Roberson Copich speed concerns me. We'll score points.

Is Roberson still banged up? What's with the lack of passing?

centennial
December 7th, 2015, 08:05 PM
The closest - really only - comparison is what we saw at JMU and we gave up a pile of points.

Maryland looked alot worse than it really was because of our punt coverage disaster. We lost by a combined 6 points to the other 2. One made the playoffs and the other had a shot in the final week.

The Roberson Copich speed concerns me. We'll score points.

Is Roberson still banged up? What's with the lack of passing?
Read option is a great equalizer. Especially when you have a future NFL prospect at RB, a former Big 10 QB. Roberson doesn't pass well with his hand injury, but wasn't terrible before. If your team can play assignment football, keep Coprich in check you can win. They don't have multiple weapons, so theoretically they can be stopped. In practice your players will struggle with the speed the offense is run at even if you install it on your second team for a week.

PAllen
December 7th, 2015, 08:05 PM
Sagarin has you as 12 point dogs, add 3 for home advantage, and according to the computers your should lose by 15. Also remember they are trying to make money, so why would they put something out that isn't objective? Everyone thinks you can have a chance, NDSU fans will root for Richmond so we can stay at home. If Richmond comes in hot ISUr could certainly lose. No one is discounting that.

Lines open to get action. The action then quickly moves the line to where the book will make money no matter what the outcome is.

centennial
December 7th, 2015, 08:08 PM
Lines open to get action. The action then quickly moves the line to where the book will make money no matter what the outcome is.
Don't disagree but vegas doesn't posts outrageous lines. People might take action on the under but it doesn't mean it is right.

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 7th, 2015, 08:15 PM
It's been open a few hours and it's already down to +12. And I don't bet.

Professor Chaos
December 7th, 2015, 08:51 PM
It's been open a few hours and it's already down to +12. And I don't bet.
I'll give you 10 to 1 odds I can get you gambling by the end of the week???

Redbirdgrad
December 8th, 2015, 10:37 AM
The only way Richmond has a chance here is to get up by 14+ early and make the Birds throw the ball. If this game is within a touchdown either way heading into the 4th quarter, and ISU can run the read/option all game, ISU will do what it always does... pull away late.

I think an appropriate line for this game is in the 9 1/2 range.

CappinHard
December 8th, 2015, 11:12 AM
I'll give you 10 to 1 odds I can get you gambling by the end of the week???

Lol, classic.

Redbirdgrad
December 8th, 2015, 12:29 PM
Genuinely honest here... do Richmond's fans travel well?

bostonspider
December 8th, 2015, 12:34 PM
Well for an East Coast game on a Saturday, sure.. For a Friday night game in Illinois. Not likely. Also UR only has 3,000 undergrads, so not a huge fan base.

bostonspider
December 8th, 2015, 12:37 PM
http://www.richmond.com/sports/article_1b5002b2-7edb-5f63-9463-48dfe5ae5dee.html

Hope Sean McDonnell has some good advice for Rocco..

bostonspider
December 10th, 2015, 08:44 AM
Spiders are wearing all white, including the new helmets..

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CV0N8viUYAEc-eF.jpg

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2015, 08:45 AM
****. I was feeling good about you guys.

Winners don't wear all white.

UNIFanSince1983
December 10th, 2015, 08:48 AM
Well on the bright side if Richmond loses they will be looking damn good while doing it.

Those are sweet looking unis!

bostonspider
December 10th, 2015, 09:03 AM
True.. Last time we played at a MVC highly ranked team on the road in the playoffs, we did wear blue pants and helmets. But that turned out well too..

http://www.richmondspiders.com/pics32/1024/IO/IOKMFLMWLYBXFLP.20110723022320.jpeg

- - - Updated - - -

Also took on the #2 seed on the road in the quarters that year..

http://www.richmondspiders.com/pics32/1024/BU/BUPEWWFXGREVHEK.20110723022319.jpeg

Bison56
December 10th, 2015, 09:09 AM
Spiders are wearing all white, including the new helmets..

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CV0N8viUYAEc-eF.jpg

Now I know why it wont be on the TV.

MacThor
December 10th, 2015, 09:59 AM
****. I was feeling good about you guys.

Winners don't wear all white.

Ha! Aren't ISU's road uniforms all white? :)

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2015, 10:00 AM

Are they? Montana was all white and they looked just like Missouri State and got treated the same way.

bostonspider
December 10th, 2015, 10:01 AM
http://www.richmond.com/sports/article_e71c2725-3ac2-5793-9c13-f0ef18e368a1.html

kdinva
December 10th, 2015, 10:02 AM
Genuinely honest here... do Richmond's fans travel well?

never to Lexington........maybe 300 tops that I ever witnessed....

Redbirdgrad
December 10th, 2015, 12:53 PM
At this point I was hoping you'd bring around 5000 just so the stands dont look as embarrassing as they will if it's only painted in red...

Sad B/N doesn't get behind this football team.

Catsfan90
December 10th, 2015, 01:02 PM
Great looking uni's!

KPSUL
December 10th, 2015, 02:13 PM

Yep!

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22002&stc=1

Maybe Roberson will throw to your DBs by mistake a couple times!

MacThor
December 10th, 2015, 10:06 PM
Random fact from the Spiders' media guide:

Saturday’s game will mark the first meeting all-time between the two schools, and the first time ever that the Spiders have faced an opponent whose name begins with “I”.

dewey
December 10th, 2015, 10:23 PM
Random fact from the Spiders' media guide:

[/FONT][/COLOR]

That is an interesting random fact.

Dewey

bri-dog
December 10th, 2015, 11:21 PM
The DIRECTV guide has been updated (for those of you with the Sports Pack -- channel 788...

RollBirds
December 11th, 2015, 06:04 AM
Distance to a Casey's General Store

ILSTU 1.4miles
UR 662miles?

There isn't one really close to the state of Virginia so I don't see this being a close game at all....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paward
December 11th, 2015, 06:48 AM
It is safe to say Spider fans will be few in numbers at the game. Those there will be spirited and vocal. What we lack in numbers we compensate with pride. We are respectful to our host. In turn the host for the most part compliment our demeanor. Under dog status does not bother us. We have fared well over the years visiting stadiums and teams ranked higher. I do expect a slug match type of game. I hope we win. If we do not this team has represented and exceeded our expectations for this season. Healthy well wishes to you tonight. I am one Spider that can not wait. Is it 6:30 yet?

SpiderJPO
December 11th, 2015, 07:45 AM
Paward is correct about the Spider fans. While small in number we are a proud and spirited bunch that will represent out team and school with great pride. We will respect our opponent but always will feel confident that we will compete and win. Same feeling for this game. We will show up and compete and may the best team on that day win. The Peanut Gang is 6 strong and has arrived in Normal, Illinois ready for game day. Looking forward to meeting some ISU fans today and seeing a great game tonight. Trip started out super with some good times last night at Lucca Grill. Game day is hear and time to Move the Chains!

ISUMatt
December 11th, 2015, 08:21 AM
Head over to a tailgate by Redbird arena at 2:30 called Cindygate and tell them ISUMatt sent you!

ISUMatt

Redbird Recon
December 11th, 2015, 11:38 AM
some good times last night at Lucca Grill.
Rumors must be true. Richmond has some smart fans! Lucca is a classic.

caribbeanhen
December 11th, 2015, 05:15 PM
this game will come down to the final seconds, I like the match up, We don't really know how the down CAA's best matches up with one of the top mfvc teams, Ill State looked a bit out of synch to me last week, that might work for them this week though. Richmond has the talent to be in this game til the bitter end.

Richmond 31
Illinois st 28

upset special

go Spiders

WTFCollegefootballfan
December 11th, 2015, 06:18 PM
The first quarter will be half over before the WBK game is over.

Southern Bison
December 11th, 2015, 06:27 PM
Umm...the Jax State/Chuck South game is at 8 which is airing on ESPN2.

This thread's game starts at 7:30 on that interwebs place called ESPN3.

Redbirdgrad
December 11th, 2015, 06:38 PM
KICKOFF! Let the extermination begin!!!!!

Just kidding... good luck Richmond, lets do this!

Lehigh Football Nation
December 11th, 2015, 06:38 PM
Richmond got this. xthumbsupx

WTFCollegefootballfan
December 11th, 2015, 06:40 PM
Umm...the Jax State/Chuck South game is at 8 which is airing on ESPN2.

This thread's game starts at 7:30 on that interwebs place called ESPN3.
Game is at 7 pm

Redbirdgrad
December 11th, 2015, 06:44 PM
Well, there's a chance if you can get away with as much holding that's going on. Holy cow!

Southern Bison
Game is at 7 pm
I'm in the Eastern time zone.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Catsfan90
Good opening drive. Too bad it wasn't 6!

NDSU Fan
December 11th, 2015, 06:45 PM
That's to bad the Spiders had to settle for a FG.

No_Skill
December 11th, 2015, 06:45 PM
Richmond may have a tough time scoring TDs inside the redzone. TDs may have to come from long passes.

BisonFan02
December 11th, 2015, 06:46 PM
FGs won't get it done against these guys. I would have went for it....worst case you pin them back.

Redbirdgrad
December 11th, 2015, 06:47 PM
Yeah, good opening drive. Two 3rd down conversions were key. Let's see how ISU decides to defend those going forward.

X-Factor
December 11th, 2015, 06:48 PM
That appeared to be a good throw by Roberson even if it wasn't completed

Catsfan90
December 11th, 2015, 06:49 PM
FGs won't get it done against these guys. I would have went for it....worst case you pin them back.
My thought to. I would have gone for it.

Catsfan90
December 11th, 2015, 06:50 PM
That appeared to be a good throw by Roberson even if it wasn't completed
He had a lot of time to throw. The O-line looked good.

dwtime
Nice 3 and out for the Richmond D.

Bison56
Good start for the Spiders.

paward
December 11th, 2015, 06:51 PM
Coach R got that right. Get the points for now.

dwtime
December 11th, 2015, 06:54 PM
Nice run by Green, well blocked.

Catsfan90
December 11th, 2015, 06:54 PM
Richmond moving the ball really well!

MacThor
December 11th, 2015, 06:56 PM
Uh oh.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

paward
December 11th, 2015, 06:57 PM
We be OK. Broadus can handle is

dwtime
TD Richmond!

Catsfan90
Broadus seems solid! Can a spider fan elaborate?

Sycamore62
December 11th, 2015, 06:58 PM
Oh God did anyone see the missed hold on the DT on the TD

TheKingpin28
Wow Richmond came to play today! Hope their QB is alright.

Lehigh'98
Richmond bringing it early!!

Bison56
December 11th, 2015, 06:59 PM
Nice drive by Richmond looks like they came to play ISU might want to wake up.

Sycamore62
December 11th, 2015, 07:00 PM
Every time the snow covered car/house commercial comes on my watch espn app screws up. Phone and ipad

BisonFan02
December 11th, 2015, 07:01 PM
Big drive here for ISUr early....

MacThor
Oh god if they would only call holding on every play!
Broadus might be a change of pace blessing in disguise.
Lauletta must have gotten hurt on the play before the long pass to Brown because nobody was close to him on that play.

BisonFan02
Every time the snow covered car/house commercial comes on my watch espn app screws up. Phone and ipad

Ditto....and I'm not using an app.

NDSUtk
Same here.

Also what the f is up with Richmond's kick offs?!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

TheKingpin28

Same on my Xbox One. I just change it on chimerical to Yale VS Boston College so I can watch hockey. Though that will change I've the other game is on

X-Factor
December 11th, 2015, 07:02 PM
Same on my TV. It seems broken just as all of the replay games are.

Sycamore62
December 11th, 2015, 07:02 PM
Oh god if they would only call holding on every play!
Broadus might be a change of pace blessing in disguise.
Lauletta must have gotten hurt on the play before the long pass to Brown because nobody was close to him on that play.

it was clearly holding at the point of attack

Redbirdgrad
December 11th, 2015, 07:04 PM
Yes, there's holding on nearly every play right now on the Richmond offensive line. Clear they can't handle the pressure. But if they're not going to call the blatant ones, we're just have to adjust and do the same for our running game.

The change at QB could be the killer here. Gameplan all week for a pocket QB and now you have a competent dual threat coming at you...

Go Lehigh TU owl
He grabbed his arm...lol

dwtime
Another 3 and out for the Richmond D.

Sycamore62
December 11th, 2015, 07:06 PM
Yes, there's holding on nearly every play right now on the Richmond offensive line. Clear they can't handle the pressure. But if they're not going to call the blatant ones, we're just have to adjust and do the same for our running game.

The change at QB could be the killer here. Gameplan all week for a pocket QB and now you have a competent dual threat coming at you...

Only one i saw was on the TD

dwtime
December 11th, 2015, 07:06 PM
Nice play nice pass.

Redbirdgrad
December 11th, 2015, 07:07 PM
First drive of the game was full of them. Watch the interior... center and guards having problems with the DTs from ISU.

Also why Richmond is rolling out frequently right now. The coaching staff for Richmond knows it.

MacThor
December 11th, 2015, 07:08 PM
Same here.

Also what the f is up with Richmond's kick offs?!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Our special teams have been our weakness all year.

Sycamore62
December 11th, 2015, 07:11 PM
Theres that commercial again

MacThor
And there you see Lauletta's big weakness. Forcing it.

X-Factor
That commercial is going to make things interesting all game long...

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 11th, 2015, 07:12 PM
Wow, wide open!

dwtime
December 11th, 2015, 07:13 PM
Nice run.

paward
December 11th, 2015, 07:14 PM
Holding and getting away with it is the game plan.

MacThor
December 11th, 2015, 07:14 PM
Wow what a blatant hold on that scramble. ;)

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 11th, 2015, 07:17 PM
TD Redbirds!

Bison56
Wow Richmond might want to start covering someone.

dwtime
Nice TD not very good coverage.

MacThor
December 11th, 2015, 07:18 PM
Ogyunni being Ogyunni

Redbirdgrad
December 11th, 2015, 07:18 PM
As I said, we'd be fools to not return the favor regarding holding. If they're not calling it early... get as much jersey as you can in your hand!

Can't fault the officials if they're at least being consistent, but there's a lot of blatant holding going on right now.

Redbirdgrad
December 11th, 2015, 07:21 PM
Anyone else think Warrum got his foot down on the play right before the TD? Could have sworn he was in bounds on the replay.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 11th, 2015, 07:22 PM
Not having a first down stick is bugging me out. Is it common in the MVFC to only use the marker on the ground? I've watched quite a few MVFC games and haven't noticed until tonight...

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 11th, 2015, 07:23 PM
nice drive going for Richmond

X-Factor
December 11th, 2015, 07:25 PM
Yep. Pretty clear Richmond can't block ISU DTs

dwtime
December 11th, 2015, 07:27 PM
Anyone else think Warrum got his foot down on the play right before the TD? Could have sworn he was in bounds on the replay.

Looked like it to me.

Go Lehigh TU owl
Yep. Pretty clear Richmond can't block ISU DTs

Redbirds DL looks dirty!

Lehigh Football Nation
Red zone FGs that should be TDs.... Looming narrative

dwtime
Not having a first down stick is bugging me out. Is it common in the MVFC to only use the marker on the ground? I've watched quite a few MVFC games and haven't noticed until tonight...

I agree

MacThor
December 11th, 2015, 07:28 PM
Yes he was in. But he scored the next play so no harm.

Catsfan90
December 11th, 2015, 07:29 PM
Same here. The Mobil 1 commercial. I was gunna ask if anyone else had this!

Bison56
December 11th, 2015, 07:30 PM
Same here. The Mobil 1 commercial. I was gunna ask if anyone else had this!
Looks like we all are having that problem.

Mr. C
December 11th, 2015, 07:31 PM
I thought so too. Surprised they didn't use a challenge. But a moot point with the ensuing TD.

paward
December 11th, 2015, 07:32 PM
I thought he was in as well. Where are the officials from?

Sycamore62
December 11th, 2015, 07:33 PM
Ive seen 2 longer passes that i thiught should have been reviewed. I dont remember who the 1st one but it was a catch i thought was bobbled

MacThor
December 11th, 2015, 07:34 PM
The mustache looks angry.

Kemo
December 11th, 2015, 07:36 PM
This game is looking similar to what SDSU did to Illinois State: Limit Coprich, contain Roberson on the run, and make him beat you with his arm. Will be interesting to see how this game plays out.

Sycamore62
December 11th, 2015, 07:36 PM
I think #82 is wearing camoflauge. He has spent all day wide open for ISUr

Catsfan90
December 11th, 2015, 07:37 PM
Looks like we all are having that problem.
I hope they fix it.

Kemo
December 11th, 2015, 07:38 PM
Richmond's Left Tackle did a nice job of finishing off that sack on that 3rd down play :)

dwtime
December 11th, 2015, 07:38 PM
Looked like running into the kicker there not sure why no flag unless he was blocked into him.

MacThor
December 11th, 2015, 07:39 PM
I think we need more Broadus. ISUr had no answer on his drive

Lehigh Football Nation
December 11th, 2015, 07:40 PM
Big 3rd down stop of Coprich

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 11th, 2015, 07:40 PM
Coprich getting nothing. Richmond defending him pretty well.

MacThor
December 11th, 2015, 07:41 PM
Al Groh is a pretty good color guy.

No_Skill
Lauletta has an excellent play action fake.

knucklehead

A Danny Rocco Specialty. I'd love the see him keep winning.

Sycamore62
December 11th, 2015, 07:42 PM

Same as every game i watched. Illinois state is one of those "don't let them hang around" because they are gonna have his overdrive in the 4th qtr

Redbirdgrad
December 11th, 2015, 07:44 PM
LOL, the goal is really to get into FG range AND THEN get into the end zone? You don't say?!?

These espn3 commentators, I swear lol.

Sycamore62
December 11th, 2015, 07:45 PM
LOL, the goal is really to get into FG range AND THEN get into the end zone? You don't say?!?

These espn3 commentators, I swear lol.
Rocket surgeons

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 11th, 2015, 07:45 PM
Wow! nice throw and catch!

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 11th, 2015, 07:46 PM
wow..nice catch

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 11th, 2015, 07:46 PM
Didn't need to waste a down there. Plenty of time to run a fade...

Lehigh Football Nation
December 11th, 2015, 07:47 PM
Man that was a great TD drive

Go Lehigh TU owl
Definitely looked like crossed! What first half by the Spiders! total domination....

MacThor
Brown is having a monster game

Sycamore62
December 11th, 2015, 07:48 PM
Was there a clock mistake after the wrong pass?

TheKingpin28
December 11th, 2015, 07:48 PM
This color "analyst" is driving me insane. Talk about something, Tampa 2. Oh something else, Tampa 2. Well the weather is cold, Tampa 2. Well Richmond is trying deep passes, oh did I talk about that Tampa 2

Lehigh'98
December 11th, 2015, 07:49 PM
Redbirds are in big trouble. Richmond has tripled them in total yardage here. ISU has no answers

Bison56
December 11th, 2015, 07:52 PM
This color "analyst" is driving me insane. Talk about something, Tampa 2. Oh something else, Tampa 2. Well the weather is cold, Tampa 2. Well Richmond is trying deep passes, oh did I talk about that Tampa 2
Might be all he knows.

- - - Updated - - -

Why does ISU always seem to start slow? It may bite them in the butt tonight.

Sycamore62
Redbirds are in big trouble. Richmond has tripled them in total yardage here. ISU has no answers

i don't care about the outcome because both teams cant lose but i feel like ive seen ISUr dig out of this same prediciment multiple times this year.

paward
Football question: if the extra point kick get blocked the defending team get ball then fumble can the offense run it in? If so do they get one point or six?

Bison56
i don't care about the outcome because both teams cant lose but i feel like ive seen ISUr dig out of this same prediciment multiple times this year.

This is exactly what I am waiting for.

KPSUL
December 11th, 2015, 07:55 PM
Football question: if the extra point kick get blocked the defending team get ball then fumble can the offense run it in? If so do they get one point or six?

Yes, two points if he runs it all the way to the goal line.

BisonTru
December 11th, 2015, 07:56 PM
Nice half Spiders

spdram
December 11th, 2015, 07:57 PM
Spiders have made some mistakes, left 9 points on the field, hope it doesn't come back to haunt them -- look for new looks from the Spiders in the second half

KPSUL
December 11th, 2015, 08:02 PM
This game is looking a lot like the 1st half of the W & M @ Richmond playoff game; hopefully, so will the 2nd half!

X-Factor
December 11th, 2015, 08:03 PM
"What is Normal?" - Not this commercial!!

Catsfan90
December 11th, 2015, 08:07 PM
"What is Normal?" - Not this commercial!!
Ha-ha my wife said this to! She's more mad about it than I am.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 11th, 2015, 08:08 PM
Had Richmond scored one other TD instead of settling for a FG this would be completely different. I agree, Richmond letting Redbirds hang around.

MacThor
December 11th, 2015, 08:13 PM
Hmm. The announcer just said they've only been in this predicament twice, and they lost both times.:cool:

MacThor
December 11th, 2015, 08:16 PM
Wow they are throwing right at Ayo for 8 yards at a time.

Sycamore62
December 11th, 2015, 08:17 PM
Hmm. The announcer just said they've only been in this predicament twice, and they lost both times.:cool:

I'm sorry, i guess i was talking about a game being close and them looking like they are in trouble. Not necessarily behind

Schism55
December 11th, 2015, 08:18 PM
Warrum is a freaking baby, holy crap. Shut up and play.

MacThor
December 11th, 2015, 08:18 PM
Just keeping it light. I'm a nervous wreck.

Kemo
December 11th, 2015, 08:23 PM
Holy Cow. They are actually going to review a play that's close?!!

Sycamore62
December 11th, 2015, 08:24 PM
Her hair is beautiful

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 11th, 2015, 08:26 PM
Well that wasn't good...

Sycamore62
December 11th, 2015, 08:27 PM
Thats the kind of stupid **** we did all year

TheKingpin28
Guess the refs wanted to make up for the blatant PI/Hold on 3rd down? I'm just glad if these refs are going to miss calls, at least it is going both ways

Lehigh Football Nation
That was a catch. Horrible reversal and horrible job by replay.

Redbirdgrad
WOW. These refs can go F&&& themselves. Unreal.

MacThor
It's hard for one player to get more than 20 yards of penalties on one snap, but he managed.

MacThor
December 11th, 2015, 08:29 PM
That was a catch. Horrible reversal and horrible job by replay.
I didn't think so and I'm biased.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 11th, 2015, 08:31 PM
I didn't think so and I'm biased.

How did he not have control? He had his hand under the ball and had a leg in bounds. The ground caused the fumble!

IBleedYellow
December 11th, 2015, 08:32 PM
How did he not have control? He had his hand under the ball and had a leg in bounds. The ground caused the fumble!
He's biased, you dimwit.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Lehigh Football Nation
That is not how the option is supposed to work

Go Lehigh TU owl
#82 is a helluva player...

Wilson16
December 11th, 2015, 08:33 PM
Missed a holding on ISU

Lehigh Football Nation
December 11th, 2015, 08:33 PM
Missed a holding on ISU

You can literally say this every play

MacThor
December 11th, 2015, 08:34 PM
Soft coverage by Richmond. ISU has adjusted well.

Wilson16
December 11th, 2015, 08:35 PM
I know but it seems that is the customary response for certain people on here

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 11th, 2015, 08:35 PM
Richmond better get a pass rush going or they will lose this game. Roberson has way too much time to throw.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 11th, 2015, 08:36 PM
TD Redbirds!

Wilson16
December 11th, 2015, 08:37 PM
Richmond better get a pass rush going or they will lose this game. Roberson has way too much time to throw.
Couple plays where they rushed two guys with a spotter. Not sure that's how I'd play it

Kemo
December 11th, 2015, 08:38 PM
Roberson has thrown better in the 2nd half, but he still a very average passer. He has missed a ton of open receivers on passes that have had to go more than 15 yards in the air.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 11th, 2015, 08:38 PM
We got a game. Great work by Redbird offense to cut it to 19-14. Coprich finally heard from.

Wilson16
December 11th, 2015, 08:39 PM
Redbirds have momentum

IBleedYellow
December 11th, 2015, 08:39 PM
FYI people

ISU and mainly Roberson have played like **** in the first half for 10 or so of their Ws this year. It won't bite them this week, either.

Wilson16
December 11th, 2015, 08:41 PM
Great catch

Sycamore62
December 11th, 2015, 08:42 PM
FYI people

ISU and mainly Roberson have played like **** in the first half for 10 or so of their Ws this year. It won't bite them this week, either.

Don't bother they wont believe you. Ive tried

Kemo
...and Lauletta has been money on passes +15 yards.

Wilson16
Big response to kill momentum

CommishBigSmooth
What a response by Richmond. Great screen call.

BisonFan02
December 11th, 2015, 08:43 PM
Go Spiders! xlolx

Wilson16
Wow get a kicker

Bison Fan in NW MN
TD Richmond

Yes!

CommishBigSmooth
Richmond better just start going for 2.

Lehigh Football Nation
Brown is pretty good I think

IBleedYellow
December 11th, 2015, 08:44 PM
Don't bother they wont believe you. Ive tried
Welp.

I mean...it's literally all we've seen from them. It's why I am pumped if the Bison are able to play them. It won't be a tail of two halves.

Doesn't matter though...UNI is going to be ROUGH tomorrow.

TheKingpin28
Richmond will not go away. Come on spiders!

Sycamore62
No hold on that TD but 2 richmond linemen ran directly into eachother.

seattlespider
December 11th, 2015, 08:45 PM
Such miserable special teams.

Sycamore62
Soccer players generally ruin football.

Schism55
That stadium atmosphere is awful.

Lehigh'98
everything setting up well for a NDSU 5 peat here.

Wilson16
No hold on that TD but 2 richmond linemen ran directly into eachother.
Are you sure there was no hold?

BisonFan02
December 11th, 2015, 08:46 PM
Only an 11 point lead.....and I have no idea how. Richmond is leaving a lot of points on the field...

IBleedYellow
December 11th, 2015, 08:46 PM
Lots of football left... And UNI.

Wilson16
December 11th, 2015, 08:47 PM
Game tomorrow is not going to be easy for NDSU

Sycamore62
December 11th, 2015, 08:47 PM
Are you sure there was no hold?
Only because they are on the same team

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 11th, 2015, 08:48 PM
Pass rush?

All day to throw....

Sycamore62
Are richmond's helmets white or did the equipment manager wash them with a brown sock accidentally left in the washing machine

IBleedYellow
Game tomorrow is not going to be easy for NDSU
Lol NDSU fans are nervous as sh.. for this game. For obvious reasons.

Wilson16
December 11th, 2015, 08:49 PM
Spiders need pressure

CommishBigSmooth
End of 3rd, Spiders by 11.
Can Richmond hang on?

Kemo
Warrum has turned more corners than a car with 250k miles on it.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 11th, 2015, 08:50 PM
Lol NDSU fans are nervous as sh.. for this game. For obvious reasons.

Sh**, I'm lovin this match up tomorrow.

Bring on the purple kitties....

Sycamore62
December 11th, 2015, 08:51 PM
Can Richmond hang on?

This has been when Coprich walked out of a telephone booth and won the game.

Bison Fan in NW MN
Can Richmond hang on?

With their crappy pass rush.....they will lose this game.

IBleedYellow
Sh**, I'm lovin this match up tomorrow.

Bring on the purple kitties....
It'll be fun...and just hope we play well. If we execute I feel good.

Wilson16
December 11th, 2015, 08:52 PM
Going to be fun tomorrow

Sycamore62
I guess id rather have ISUr win just to have the option to attend in person but i doubt i would anyway

IBleedYellow
Can Richmond hang on?
It's ISU, they come back.

It's just the way this year has been for them.

MacThor
Maybe we should start covering that #82.

Richmond has obviously decided to make Roberson beat them with his arm. And he's doing it.

Wilson16
December 11th, 2015, 08:53 PM

Richmond has obviously decided to make Roberson beat them with his arm. And he's doing it.

Mix it up on d though

BisonFan02

Better that than letting coprich loose.

Catsfan90
Wow get a kicker
Yah, that's pathetic...

IBleedYellow
December 11th, 2015, 08:54 PM

You picked your poison, now try to fend it off.

CommishBigSmooth
And the Spiders get a HUGE pick.

Wilson16
Yikes

PantherRob82
December 11th, 2015, 08:55 PM
Roberson makes some odd decisions when running. (2nd down)

IBleedYellow
And the Spiders get a HUGE pick.
Maybe the magic is wearing off. I'll be damned.

Bison Fan in NW MN
Huge INT!!!

dwtime
December 11th, 2015, 08:56 PM
Bend don't break D Richmond.

Go Lehigh TU owl
Wow! Crazy game changing two plays there! Richmond has this if they don't screw up...

TheKingpin28
Wow what a turn off events

CommishBigSmooth
What a sequence for Richmond there. Great play on 2nd down to corral Roberson when he made a great cutback, then the ineligible penalty wipes the TD pass off the board followed by a pick.

X-Factor
Uphill battle for the birds now

BisonFan02

See? :D

Sycamore62
Theres the tre i remember.

Best player in the conference is pass blocking on 3 plays

Catsfan90
Yes!! Huge swing for Richmond.

Southern Bison
Great coverage & INT by the Spiders!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Lehigh Football Nation
December 11th, 2015, 08:57 PM
What a sequence of events, nullified TD, INT. Penalties!

BisonFan02

Theres the tre i remember.

Best player in the conference is pass blocking on 3 plays

Bingo....

Sycamore62
Bend don't break D Richmond.

I like to call that get your ass kicked then get lucky d

Wilson16
Holding?

CommishBigSmooth
December 11th, 2015, 08:58 PM
What a catch by Collins. Huge play to pick up that third down.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 11th, 2015, 08:59 PM
What a catch!

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 11th, 2015, 09:00 PM
tick tick tick....

Wilson16
Redbird pass defense sucks

CommishBigSmooth
Boy is it just me or is EVERY time Illinois State they are blitzing they are just paying big time. The Spiders are catching everything it seems.

TheRevSFA
Along came the Spiders....

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 11th, 2015, 09:01 PM
Wow...Diggs is a good WR! Nice hands

Go Lehigh TU owl
another great throw and catch!!

TheKingpin28
Those passes refund me of the championship game last year. If ISUr wants to play man, I'd throw it 10/10 and trust my receivers to go up and get that ball.

IBleedYellow
Updates on the drive?

Wilson16
December 11th, 2015, 09:02 PM
Caught in the web

Lehigh Football Nation
December 11th, 2015, 09:02 PM
SC Top 10 catch there