PDA

View Full Version : It's now very clear the MVFC will win the title, who's it going to be?

penguinpower
December 6th, 2015, 05:45 AM
This may be UNI's year to finally win something meaningful.

Mocs123
December 6th, 2015, 07:15 AM
I think JSU may have something to say about that.

Richmond is paying really well too. I am not saying a MVFC team might not win but it is far from a certainty.

SpiderJPO
December 6th, 2015, 07:24 AM
Don't sleep on Richmond Spiders. Good Football is still played in other places besides MVC.

JSUSoutherner
December 6th, 2015, 08:25 AM
Yeah, why don't you just wait until you guys play Richmond before you get all cocky?

This is why non-MVFC fans don't like MVFC fans.

"Very Clear." Yeah right.

REALBird
December 6th, 2015, 08:31 AM
Not saying he's right, not saying he's wrong. But you're are arguing with a guy who's team isn't in the playoffs. Just saying!

Richmond will have their chance later this week. One game at a time.

TheRevSFA
December 6th, 2015, 08:42 AM
I'm just glad I have my NC tix already. Some good potential match ups and some potential tailgates i plan to crash

Cocky
December 6th, 2015, 08:50 AM
I vote Missouri State.

Houndawg
December 6th, 2015, 09:12 AM
This may be UNI's year to finally win something meaningful.

Tough side of the bracket to come through.

Houndawg
December 6th, 2015, 09:13 AM
Yeah, why don't you just wait until you guys play Richmond before you get all cocky?

This is why non-MVFC fans don't like MVFC fans.

"Very Clear." Yeah right.

Awwww......somebody needs a hug....

JSUSoutherner
December 6th, 2015, 09:18 AM
Awwww......somebody needs a hug....
Not a hug. A National Championship.

Houndawg
December 6th, 2015, 09:24 AM
Not a hug. A National Championship.

Maybe next year?

JSUSoutherner
December 6th, 2015, 09:25 AM
Maybe next year?
Next year, too? Sure, why not. I wouldn't mind back to back championships.

IBleedYellow
December 6th, 2015, 09:25 AM
Maybe next year?
If NDSU fivepeats or not... I think they win next year for sure with the team they bring back.

So no. Not next year.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Lehigh'98
December 6th, 2015, 09:27 AM
Living vicariously through the better teams in the conference?? Not like the Patriot League is doing that with Colgate or anything :)

JSUSoutherner
December 6th, 2015, 09:27 AM
If NDSU fivepeats or not... I think they win next year for sure with the team they bring back.

So no. Not next year.

We have a lot of shoes to fill next season on our team. I think that Barge and Jenkins will be able to lead us to a deep run next year but I'm not sure if we would be able to win it. Heck, I'm not even sure we can win it this year.

Southern Bison
December 6th, 2015, 09:49 AM

So no. Not next year.

I agree with this statement...even if we don't win our 5th straight this year, I like our chances to win it in '16-'18 with Easton at the helm.

Cocky
December 6th, 2015, 09:51 AM
We have a lot of shoes to fill next season on our team. I think that Barge and Jenkins will be able to lead us to a deep run next year but I'm not sure if we would be able to win it. Heck, I'm not even sure we can win it this year.
We will be better next year.

PantherRob82
December 6th, 2015, 09:54 AM

I heard UND's players are mad and in the gym and that they will be better next year as well.

BisonBacker
December 6th, 2015, 10:00 AM
I heard UND's players are mad and in the gym and that they will be better next year as well.

LOL's

JSUSoutherner
December 6th, 2015, 10:01 AM
We will be fine on offense. I'm worried about our defense.

Big_Fan
December 6th, 2015, 10:09 AM
We will be fine on offence. I'm worried about our defense.

This.

PantherRob82
December 6th, 2015, 10:18 AM
We will be fine on offence. I'm worried about our defense.

How will your offense be? xlolx

penguinpower
December 6th, 2015, 10:40 AM
Not saying he's right, not saying he's wrong. But you're are arguing with a guy who's team isn't in the playoffs. Just saying!

Richmond will have their chance later this week. One game at a time.

What does YSU not being in the playoffs have to do with my observation? If that was an insult, then I just say that our the beatings of your team will resume when you graduate your transfer QB. You will then slide back into mediocrity.

JSUSoutherner
December 6th, 2015, 11:00 AM
How will your offense be? xlolx
It's hard to type well when your fighting a hangover, back off. xdrunkyx

The party got a bit out of hand last night. lol

But with Barge and Eli both returning for one last season I suspect they will be one of the best QB/WR combos in the league.

PantherRob82
December 6th, 2015, 11:36 AM
It's hard to type well when your fighting a hangover, back off. xdrunkyx

The party got a bit out of hand last night. lol

But with Barge and Eli both returning for one last season I suspect they will be one of the best QB/WR combos in the league.

F****** music majors. xlolx

centennial
December 6th, 2015, 11:41 AM
What does YSU not being in the playoffs have to do with my observation? If that was an insult, then I just say that the our the bearings of your team will resume when you graduate your transfer QB. You will then slide back into mediocrity.

The truth is harsh. Wonder if Spock will move up...

PantherRob82
December 6th, 2015, 11:45 AM

He will live long and prosper at Bowling Green. xpeacex:p

Panther-State
December 6th, 2015, 11:47 AM

Hmm...that seems, illogical.

Now if Spack wants to move up I could see that

JSUSoutherner
December 6th, 2015, 11:47 AM
Hey, if anyone knows how to throw a good party, it's the Southerners.

centennial
December 6th, 2015, 11:49 AM
He will live long and prosper at Bowling Green. xpeacex:p

It'll be a good situation for him. He deserves it too.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm...that seems, illogical.

Now if Spack wants to move up I could see that

Damn my auto correct.

penguinpower
December 6th, 2015, 11:50 AM

Lots of FBS openings...could get interesting.

Redbird 13
December 6th, 2015, 12:13 PM
What does YSU not being in the playoffs have to do with my observation? If that was an insult, then I just say that our the beatings of your team will resume when you graduate your transfer QB. You will then slide back into mediocrity.

Illinois State leads the all-time series 13-12.

Don't let facts get in the way of your rant though. ISU returns nine starters on offense. If you think we are going to be mediocre, you're even more clueless than your post about dominating us.

- - - Updated - - -

OH, so NDSU is winning the national title next year because they bring back a ton.

But, ISUr is going to suck with its 15 returning starters.

Got it.

REALBird
December 6th, 2015, 12:40 PM
Yawn! it was really about non MVFC fans being all lathered up about hating the MVFC as a whole that even a school who isn't in the playoffs can illicit the hatred. But.......you use that if you need it to motivate you and your school. I have no interest in a MVFC pissing match, enough of those here anyway.

REALBird
December 6th, 2015, 12:43 PM
Spack isn't going anywhere. I know many of you want him gone, one guy in particular. But THIS YEAR won't be that year unless Purdue fires Hazell. Willing to bet Casey's Pizza on that one!

penguinpower
December 6th, 2015, 12:43 PM

Don't let facts get in the way of your rant though. ISU returns nine starters on offense. If you think we are going to be mediocre, you're even more clueless than your post about dominating us.

- - - Updated - - -

OH, so NDSU is winning the national title next year because they bring back a ton.

Got it.

We've won every playoff matchup I've ever seen.

You guys are like Clemson fans and think you should be ranked higher than what you really are and have to fabricate tradition. Face it you are a basketball school.

PantherRob82
December 6th, 2015, 12:54 PM
Spack isn't going anywhere. I know many of you want him gone, one guy in particular. But THIS YEAR won't be that year unless Purdue fires Hazell. Willing to bet Casey's Pizza on that one!

Is that a bet? Let's do it. But are you off our schedule next year?

centennial
December 6th, 2015, 12:58 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Got it.
The big difference is we have tradition of doing so, you don't. Plus you lose your 2 biggest pieces. Bohl left just before we lost around 15-20 starters, no one is saying you will be bad. However, there will be a drop off. If Spack wants to move up now is the time.

REALBird
December 6th, 2015, 01:00 PM
You're on Centennial. No worries you can pay me when you're back on the schedule. LOL. Anyone else?

uni88
December 6th, 2015, 01:07 PM

NDSU has proven that they can reload and compete year-in year-out.

ISUr has had a great team the past couple of years and might win it all this year. But they lose 2 stars next year who have been critical to their success and they have not yet proven they can reload. I think they will still be a very good team but the jury is out on whether they will be one of the best in the Valley. If they replace Roberson and Coprich without skipping a beat they will have taken a step toward being a premier program with sustained success.

BisonTru
December 6th, 2015, 01:58 PM
ISUr loses their two best DL, their best LB plus another one in that group, a safety, and almost 90% of their rushing yards.

That's a lot to overcome. I have seen NDSU re-load in worse situations, but I think for most the Redbirds are in "wait and see" mode as far as next year.

On the positive side the three areas of concern coming into this year (Secondary, WRs, and O line) lose little to none.

PantherRob82
December 6th, 2015, 02:03 PM
You're on Centennial. No worries you can pay me when you're back on the schedule. LOL. Anyone else?

I tried to take it. xlolx

clenz
December 6th, 2015, 02:25 PM
This year, including playoffs Illinois State has 2119 passing yards, 2966 rushing yards, 5128 total yards and 55 tds

Roberson and Coprich account for:
Rushing:
Coprich 1937 yards
Roberson 741 yards

That means 2672 of the 2966 rushing yards are gone from the back field...or to put it another way - 294 yards, or less than 10% of the ground attack is back

Passing
Roberson has 1855 passing yards

That means just 265 yards of passing will be back next year....or 12% of the total

Scoring
Roberson has 11 rushing TD and 16 passing TD for 27 total
Coprich has 22 rushing TD

That means 49 of the 55 TDs are gone after this year. That's 90% of your touchdowns gone.

I don't even give a damn what you, or anyone losing those numbers, have left on the offensive line, or defense (which you lose quite a bit as well). There is no ****ing way that you don't take a rather large back slide next year

JayJ79
December 6th, 2015, 02:48 PM

what is "a popular activity at band camp"?
(oops, thought we were playing Jeopardy)

JayJ79
December 6th, 2015, 02:52 PM
Is that a bet? Let's do it. But are you off our schedule next year?

So ISU had two years without having to face NDSU, now they'll have two years without having to face UNI?
what's next, not having to play SDSU?

JSUSoutherner
December 6th, 2015, 02:52 PM
what is "a popular activity at band camp"?
(oops, thought we were playing Jeopardy)

xlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxthumbsupx

clenz
December 6th, 2015, 03:18 PM
So ISU had two years without having to face NDSU, now they'll have two years without having to face UNI?
what's next, not having to play SDSU?

Probably

Bison56
December 6th, 2015, 03:46 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Got it.

Wow another touchy Redbird fan, I don't believe it.

REALBird
December 6th, 2015, 03:50 PM
Got you too Rob! It's a bet.

Bisonoline
December 6th, 2015, 05:58 PM
I'm just glad I have my NC tix already. Some good potential match ups and some potential tailgates i plan to crash

We will be going regardless if the team makes it. We might need to meet up.

URMite
December 6th, 2015, 06:38 PM
He is right. Something is very clear...

Any MVFC team that faces the Richmond Spiders will face the same fate that all the others have since 1881.

In 132 seasons, we are undefeated vs MVFC...

3-0 xlolxxnodxxthumbsupx

centennial
December 6th, 2015, 06:41 PM
He is right. Something is very clear...

Any MVFC team that faces the Richmond Spiders will face the same fate that all the others have since 1881.

In 132 seasons, we are undefeated vs MVFC...

3-0 xlolxxnodxxthumbsupx
We would rather face a few team vs ISUr. Make it happen.

Panther-State
December 6th, 2015, 08:21 PM
I didn't know faking injuries has been a thing since 1881. The more you know, huh? :D

Green1
December 6th, 2015, 08:24 PM
I didn't know faking injuries has been a thing since 1881. The more you know, huh? :D

I will not take the easy bait......... I will not take the easy bait....... I will not.......

PantherRob82
December 6th, 2015, 08:26 PM
F'n Richmond. xlolx

JSUSoutherner
December 6th, 2015, 08:27 PM
F'n Richmond. xlolx
Richmond will win the Super Bowl, the Daytona 500, and set the world record for the fastest Rubik's cube solve.

Southern Bison
December 6th, 2015, 09:11 PM

I'll counter with a better breakfast pizza from QT.

JSUSoutherner
December 6th, 2015, 09:13 PM
QT breakfast pizza is the bomb.

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
December 7th, 2015, 12:47 AM
Richmond will win the Super Bowl, the Daytona 500, and set the world record for the fastest Rubik's cube solve.
xnodx

Lehigh Football Nation
December 7th, 2015, 10:14 AM
This thread has done the impossible - made me a Richmond fan :D

PantherRob82
December 7th, 2015, 10:44 AM

Better? Psh.

- - - Updated - - -

QT used to have THE BEST sandwich ever. It has teriyaki chicken on an onion bagel with provolone. ****ers did away with it years ago.

clenz
December 7th, 2015, 10:45 AM
This thread has done the impossible - made me a Richmond fan :D
We'd prefer you don't pull for a MVFC team anyway...

Thanks.

Houndawg
December 7th, 2015, 11:36 AM
We've won every playoff matchup I've ever seen.

You guys are like Clemson fans and think you should be ranked higher than what you really are and have to fabricate tradition. Face it you are a basketball school.

Hows your recruiting class this year? As blue-chip as the past few?xcoffeex

clenz
December 7th, 2015, 11:37 AM
Hows your recruiting class this year? As blue-chip as the past few?xcoffeex
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/84/8491c398f13707437cbb08acc49aa4c08e60282674955af34c acf7edc689dc7e.jpg

AmsterBison
December 7th, 2015, 12:44 PM
What title are we talking about: Most Bombastic Fan Base?

Cleets
December 7th, 2015, 02:47 PM
The unbalanced bracket is showing up right about now...

veinup
December 7th, 2015, 05:43 PM
conferences don't win titles.

The Yo Show
December 7th, 2015, 06:16 PM
conferences don't win titles.

But teams from a particular conference do xthumbsupx. Plus last year's championship game was a defacto conference championship game, since those two teams never played in the regular season. xcoffeex

Thumper 76
December 7th, 2015, 06:30 PM
Man, as a fan of a MVFC team, reading things like this makes me cringe. Any humility anybody? Feels like we're the hott girl taking selfies and talking about how awesome we are. Good grief.

Bison56
December 7th, 2015, 06:31 PM
Man, as a fan of a MVFC team, reading things like this makes me cringe. Any humility anybody? Feels like we're the hott girl taking selfies and talking about how awesome we are. Good grief.

You don't like hot girls?

Thumper 76
December 7th, 2015, 06:33 PM
You don't like hot girls?

Love them. Never want to act like a stuck up female. Ever. Everybody knows we're the best. But can we stop acting like every other team out there besides MVFC teams are trash?

JSUSoutherner
December 7th, 2015, 06:45 PM
Love them. Never want to act like a stuck up female. Ever. Everybody knows we're the best. But can we stop acting like every other team out there besides MVFC teams are trash?
I'd like the buy you a drink.

UNHWildcat18
December 7th, 2015, 06:46 PM

Sir, if I could give you a high five and a holiday 5 pack of your choice I would.

Houndawg
December 7th, 2015, 09:29 PM
Sir, if I could give you a high five and a holiday 5 pack of your choice I would.

xrolleyesxYeah we're starting to sound like the CAA fans from a few years ago.

Cocky
December 7th, 2015, 09:32 PM
xrolleyesxYeah we're starting to sound like the CAA fans from a few years ago.
Yall could teach the SEC fans how to be boastful.

UNIFanSince1983
December 8th, 2015, 08:58 AM

No we will not because every other team out there is trash. If you ain't with us you are against us! GO MVFC BEST TEAMS OF ALL TIME!

Lehigh'98
December 8th, 2015, 09:13 AM
No we will not because every other team out there is trash. If you ain't with us you are against us! GO MVFC BEST TEAMS OF ALL TIME!

You guys are a special bunch.

How many MVFC teams not named NDSU have won a title? I can't remember.

UNIFanSince1983
December 8th, 2015, 09:16 AM

Should I have put that in purple? ;)

Edit: For the record there are 3 current MVFC teams with a combined 9 titles.

Houndawg
December 8th, 2015, 09:18 AM

At least two. Maybe more after this year.xcoffeex

clenz
December 8th, 2015, 09:20 AM
At least two. Maybe more after this year.xcoffeex
SIU
WKU was Gateway when they won a title
YSU won a title as a Gateway team
Another team (ISU or UNI) may win it this year....

How many Patriot teams have won a title?

Houndawg
December 8th, 2015, 09:20 AM
Yall could teach the SEC fans how to be boastful.

Strong the butthurt in this one is, obi wan...

clenz
December 8th, 2015, 09:23 AM
Start looking at who has won titles, what confernece they are from, and how many are currently in your conference and it starts to get pretty ugly/concentrated for everyone

Lehigh'98
December 8th, 2015, 09:32 AM
SIU
WKU was Gateway when they won a title
YSU won a title as a Gateway team
Another team (ISU or UNI) may win it this year....

How many Patriot teams have won a title?

We all get it. You are the strongest conference. It's the constant reminders from YSU and SIU fans, two average teams, that I think everyone could do without. But hey, if that helps them sleep better at night, so be it.

Redbirdgrad
December 8th, 2015, 10:41 AM
It's funny, because the "average teams" you speak of could wipe the floor with the majority of the "best" teams from almost every other conference out there.

"average" is relative...

Houndawg
December 8th, 2015, 10:46 AM
We all get it. You are the strongest conference. It's the constant reminders from YSU and SIU fans, two average teams, that I think everyone could do without. But hey, if that helps them sleep better at night, so be it.

You asked the question, I don't see why you're catching the vapors over it. xcoffeex

Or why you want to encourage the YSU and SIU fans to keep reminding you of the multiple NC-winning teams in the conference, some of them multiple times. You should be proud that your school's biggest win ever came over one of the top teams in the top conference in the FCS. How about we turn that frown upside down and keep on the sunny side? There's a good fellow...

Houndawg
December 8th, 2015, 10:52 AM
Which reminds me that I've been remiss in reminding the YSU fans about their playoff-killing loss to SIU, a rare a bright moment for the dawgs in a dark season...

Lehigh'98
December 8th, 2015, 11:02 AM
You asked the question, I don't see why you're catching the vapors over it. xcoffeex

Or why you want to encourage the YSU and SIU fans to keep reminding you of the multiple NC-winning teams in the conference, some of them multiple times. You should be proud that your school's biggest win ever came over one of the top teams in the top conference in the FCS. How about we turn that frown upside down and keep on the sunny side? There's a good fellow...

I'm fine, yall can ass slap each other All you want, but why the need to trash the rest of the FCS?? You even said the Ivies water it down. These things run in cycles. Up until 2010, the CAA and SoCon were top dawgs. In a few years it will be the Patriot League :)

BTW, Which game you talking about, the 37-7 win over WIU in 2001 or the UNI win in 2010? Doesn't really matter, but most wouldn't consider those our biggest. Close, but not best.

clenz
December 8th, 2015, 11:07 AM
I'm fine, yall can ass slap each other All you want, but why the need to trash the rest of the FCS?? You even said the Ivies water it down. These things run in cycles. Up until 2010, the CAA and SoCon were top dawgs. In a few years it will be the Patriot League :)

BTW, Which game you talking about, the 37-7 win over WIU in 2001 or the UNI win in 2010? Doesn't really matter, but most wouldn't consider those our biggest. Close, but not best.
You're biggest win is over the worst conference champion the MVFC has produced since about 1995...

Lehigh'98
December 8th, 2015, 11:13 AM
You're biggest win is over the worst conference champion the MVFC has produced since about 1995...

Ok, off topic, prefacing this by saying that was a very good win for us, but the Towson win in 2011 against T. West, Richmond win in 1998, Hofstra/WIU wins in 2000/01 were all slightly more impressive because they got us to the quarters.

Going back, the D2 National Championship in 1977 was probably the biggest, but I'm sure you aren't going back that far. This is all just opinion, not trying to knock you here.

clenz
December 8th, 2015, 11:33 AM
Ok, off topic, prefacing this by saying that was a very good win for us, but the Towson win in 2011 against T. West, Richmond win in 1998, Hofstra/WIU wins in 2000/01 were all slightly more impressive because they got us to the quarters.

Going back, the D2 National Championship in 1977 was probably the biggest, but I'm sure you aren't going back that far. This is all just opinion, not trying to knock you here.
Misread what you wrote.

Still stand by the "WE BEAT UNI!!!" chest beating that happens from time to time when it comes to that game. Lehigh kicked UNI's ass that day. No question about it. 2010 was the worst the MVFC has been in a very, very, long time though

Lehigh'98
December 8th, 2015, 11:56 AM
Misread what you wrote.

Still stand by the "WE BEAT UNI!!!" chest beating that happens from time to time when it comes to that game. Lehigh kicked UNI's ass that day. No question about it. 2010 was the worst the MVFC has been in a very, very, long time though

What was your record that year anyway? 7-5?

JSUSoutherner
December 8th, 2015, 12:00 PM

http://images.mentalfloss.com/sites/default/files/styles/insert_main_wide_image/public/giphy.gif

Lehigh'98
December 8th, 2015, 12:03 PM
http://images.mentalfloss.com/sites/default/files/styles/insert_main_wide_image/public/giphy.gif

You caught that one huh??!! Lol

clenz
December 8th, 2015, 12:23 PM
What was your record that year anyway? 7-5?
Yeah.

Playing a QB that was about 50% because the back up had quit on the team

Grizzlies82
December 8th, 2015, 12:29 PM

Clenz, you guys are a kick. You're playing with circular logic, and most of you homers are not far from this;

If someone was able to beat them then they were the worst the MVFC conference has produced (and lost only because other MVFC teams beat them up).

If your conference champ won then obviously the entire MVFC is better than every other conference's champion.

The MVFC has some great teams this year, and recently in most years. Yet most of these arguments come down to the entire conference riding the coattails of No Dakota St winning the championships. In fact a handful of MVFC teams are enjoying success. Yet it sure as hell isn't the entire conference.

Before they formed this conference, current member Youngstown was the perpetual beast, now it's NDSU, tomorrow it may be No Iowa. Yet this is exactly the nonsense we all heard from the CAA fans when James Madison, Richmond, or William & Mary were sitting near the top. It never meant Rhode Island was good. The fact is, the bottom half of your conference would be the bottom half in most conferences. Now enough of this. You guys go beat up those bullies, the Bison, and then the other teams and we will look forward to that game next fall in Iowa.

P.S. Also Montana is really mad and spending time in the weight room and stuff!

clenz
December 8th, 2015, 12:38 PM
Clenz, you guys are a kick. You're playing with circular logic, and most of you homers are not far from this;

If someone was able to beat them then they were the worst the MVFC conference has produced (and lost only because other MVFC teams beat them up).

If your conference champ won then obviously the entire MVFC is better than every other conference's champion.

The MVFC has some great teams this year, and recently in most years. Yet most of these arguments come down to the entire conference riding the coattails of No Dakota St winning the championships. In fact a handful of MVFC teams are enjoying success. Yet it sure as hell isn't the entire conference.

Before they formed this conference, current member Youngstown was the perpetual beast, now it's NDSU, tomorrow it may be No Iowa. Yet this is exactly the nonsense we all heard from the CAA fans when James Madison, Richmond, or William & Mary were sitting near the top. It never meant Rhode Island was good. The fact is, the bottom half of your conference would be the bottom half in most conferences. Now enough of this. You guys go beat up those bullies, the Bison, and then the other teams and we will look forward to that game next fall in Iowa.

2010 had nothing to do with beating up on each other.

That was just a damn bad year

Bisonator
December 8th, 2015, 12:47 PM
2010 had nothing to do with beating up on each other.

That was just a damn bad year

Not totally but it sure ended bad. Damn you Bill Fette! xlolx

URMite
December 8th, 2015, 01:49 PM

Don't be Absurd! Of course it did! And if we win our next two, it will mean that Elon is awesome...Right???

Houndawg
December 8th, 2015, 03:46 PM

Yeah we never heard any smack at all from the Griz.

Yote 53
December 8th, 2015, 03:50 PM

Except for the little fact of the teams in the bottom half of the MVFC consistently winning their OOC games. Look at the results over the last two seasons. Shoot, I'm a USD fan and have witnessed how we go out and win a vast majority of our OOC FCS games yet struggle to win inside the conference.

JSUSoutherner
December 8th, 2015, 04:15 PM
Except for the little fact of the teams in the bottom half of the MVFC consistently winning their OOC games. Look at the results over the last two seasons. Shoot, I'm a USD fan and have witnessed how we go out and win a vast majority of our OOC FCS games yet struggle to win inside the conference.
2015 OOC wins for the bottom half of the MVFC:

Missouri State: D2 Chadron State
SIU: Liberty
USD: UC Davis and Drake
YSU: Robert Morris and Saint Francis
ISUb: Butler and SEMO

That's an impressive list. Really shows great strength from the bottom half of the MVFC.

PantherRob82
December 8th, 2015, 04:21 PM

That's an impressive list. Really shows great strength from the bottom half of the MVFC.

How'd the bottom half of the OVC do?

JSUSoutherner
December 8th, 2015, 04:22 PM
How'd the bottom half of the OVC do?
They probably don't have an OOC win. They aren't worth my time to check.

Edit: Went and checked

TSU: ASU, FAMU, Jackson State
Murray: Kentucky Wesleyan
TTU: Mercer
SEMO: SIU, almost ISUb, Shorter

So we have SIU and Mercer. Not as much of a train-wreck as I thought, until I remember APSU was an OVC team....

thebootfitter
December 8th, 2015, 04:24 PM
Bingo.

The MVFC generally has one or two teams each year that are really pretty average or below average FCS teams. Misery State and South Dakota have played that role most consistently the past few years, but sometimes Indiana State is in that mix. Yet look how well South Dakota has done OOC. Even in games they lost, they generally played strong teams very well.

I'm not generally on the bandwagon of "MVFC rules. The rest suck a$$." However, recent OOC records and independent computer ranking systems like Sagarin and Massey, as well as human polls generally show even middle of the pack MVFC teams as well above average. When enough independent pieces of data all point the same direction, there might be something there.

It is what it is, though. And could change anytime. I think most fans get that. But if we don't talk about how great NDSU and the MVFC are, what else is there to talk about that will keep anyone's interest??? ;-)

Redbirdgrad
December 8th, 2015, 04:25 PM
Don't let facts get in the way of your argument here... OOC results (alphabetically):

Illinois State: 2-1

Wins over Morgan State, Eastern Illinois
Loss to Iowa

Indiana State: 2-1

Wins over Butler, SE Missouri State
Loss to Purdue

Missouri State: 1-2

Win over Chadron St.
Losses to Memphis, Arkansas State

North Dakota State: 2-1

Wins over Weber State, North Dakota
Loss to Montana

Northern Iowa: 2-1

Wins over Eastern Washington, Cal Poly
Loss to Iowa State

South Dakota: 2-1

Wins over UC Davis, Drake
Loss to Kansas State

South Dakota State: 3-0

Wins over Kansas, Southern Utah, Robert Morris
Losses to nobody

Southern Illinois: 1-2

Win over Liberty
Losses to SE Missouri State, Indiana

Western Illinois: 1-2

Win over Eastern Illinois
Losses to Illinois, Coastal Carolina

Youngstown State: 2-1

Wins over Robert Morris, St Francis (PA)
Loss to Pitt

Losses to teams that aren't from BCS conferences: Montana, Arkansas State, SE Missouri State, Coastal Carolina. That's it.

4 losses among all of our teams to anyone that isn't a BCS school. We, as a conference, take care of business. And if we were beating up on just little guys, our sagarin numbers and massey rankings wouldn't be where they are. So when we say the bottom half of our conference carries their own weight... we have the numbers to back that up......

Houndawg
December 8th, 2015, 04:25 PM

Liberty was #10 when SIU trounced them. Supposed to be their best team since yada yada; they never recovered from the beating that day. Of course we also had the 7 turnover debacle at SEMO, but hey, if we didn't do that stuff we wouldn't be a bottom-half team..

BEAR
December 8th, 2015, 04:30 PM
It is very clear...very clear indeed....
http://www.ministrydudes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/crystal-ball-ljxmtsnc.jpg

Jackal
December 8th, 2015, 05:25 PM
Come on. This year you beat 2-9 UC-Davis and a 5-6 Pioneer team. In your first 3 years you're 3-3.

Yote 53
December 9th, 2015, 02:00 PM
Come on. This year you beat 2-9 UC-Davis and a 5-6 Pioneer team. In your first 3 years you're 3-3.

So we're pulling a .500 FCS record OOC while finishing in the bottom half of the MVFC. I dare say our in conference win percentage is well below .500. I'd have to say that qualifies as performing OOC and lends proof to the fact it is harder to win inside the MVFC than outside. I mean, you guys have been saying for the last couple of years that USD is a joke, a bottom feeder, yet we're able to win out OOC, and the games we have lost have been 2 close losses to Montana (one on a miracle kickoff return they had at the end of the game to pull victory out of a sure defeat) and one close loss to NAU. Not exactly the blowout losses we've experienced in conference.

JSUSoutherner
December 9th, 2015, 02:07 PM
So we're pulling a .500 FCS record OOC while finishing in the bottom half of the MVFC. I dare say our in conference win percentage is well below .500. I'd have to say that qualifies as performing OOC and lends proof to the fact it is harder to win inside the MVFC than outside. I mean, you guys have been saying for the last couple of years that USD is a joke, a bottom feeder, yet we're able to win out OOC, and the games we have lost have been 2 close losses to Montana (one on a miracle kickoff return they had at the end of the game to pull victory out of a sure defeat) and one close loss to NAU. Not exactly the blowout losses we've experienced in conference.
The statement was that the bottom of the MFVC would finish in the middle of most other conferences. No win from this year really shows that the bottom of the MVFC would do any better than the middle of the pack anywhere else.

frozennorth
December 9th, 2015, 02:09 PM
So we're pulling a .500 FCS record OOC while finishing in the bottom half of the MVFC.

I think the word your looking for is *dead last*

The worst overall team in the Valley 2013-2015 went 3-3 in non-con.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 10th, 2015, 07:43 AM

4 years in the Valley: 6-26

18.75%

thebootfitter
December 10th, 2015, 09:56 AM
The statement was that the bottom of the MFVC would finish in the middle of most other conferences. No win from this year really shows that the bottom of the MVFC would do any better than the middle of the pack anywhere else.
I think you are reaffirming the point here. A bottom team in the MVFC would finish middle of the pack in other conferences? Yep, that seems to be the original claim, and yep, that seems to be what you're saying too. Guess we're on the same page now.

JSUSoutherner
December 10th, 2015, 10:08 AM
I think you are reaffirming the point here. A bottom team in the MVFC would finish middle of the pack in other conferences? Yep, that seems to be the original claim, and yep, that seems to be what you're saying too. Guess we're on the same page now.
I always agreed with Grizzlies82's points. Particularly the following two:

The fact is, the bottom half of your conference would be the bottom half in most conferences. Now enough of this.

However, I didn't agree with the logic in Yote's challenge of Grizzlie82's claim in post #99.

I was trying to show how Grizzlies82's post was valid.

However, if I misinterpreted what Yote said in response to Grizzlies82 and we are actually on the same page then awesome. Sorry for stirring the pot.

KPSUL
December 10th, 2015, 01:07 PM
Start looking at who has won titles, what confernece they are from, and how many are currently in your conference and it starts to get pretty ugly/concentrated for everyone

Nice conditional clause: "currently in your conference". Just as SoCon fans were reaching for their keyboards!

Lehigh Football Nation
December 11th, 2015, 09:40 PM
I'm thinking Illinois State

Mr. C
December 11th, 2015, 09:44 PM
How about if the committee gives Western Illinois another try from the loser's bracket?

BisonFan02
December 11th, 2015, 10:00 PM
How about if the committee gives Western Illinois another try from the loser's bracket?

So, they play the winner of Jacksonville St. and CSU? or is it between powerhouses Colgate and SHSU. This postseason already had a losers bracket.

penguinpower
December 11th, 2015, 10:02 PM
MVFC still wins the title. I give Richmond all the props but some of the call were unbelievable. CAA refs?

ST_Lawson
December 11th, 2015, 10:06 PM

How about no.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 11th, 2015, 10:13 PM
MVFC still wins the title. I give Richmond all the props but some of the call were unbelievable. CAA refs?

Geez, wouldn't have expected that at all. xlolx

penguinpower
December 11th, 2015, 10:21 PM
?

MacThor
December 11th, 2015, 10:29 PM
Geez, wouldn't have expected that at all. xlolx
:) I would love to hear how the refs cost ISUr the game.

IBleedYellow
December 11th, 2015, 10:33 PM
:) I would love to hear how the refs cost ISUr the game.
Bo was screaming all the way from Ohio.

Didn't you see the two unsportsmanlikes?

mmiller_34
December 11th, 2015, 10:37 PM
We are still good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MacThor
December 11th, 2015, 10:38 PM
I saw lots of unsportsmanlike conduct, but that is not surprising.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 11th, 2015, 11:24 PM
Greetings. Give me some more MVC.

paward
December 11th, 2015, 11:33 PM
Greetings. Give me some more MVC.

I will give you more MVC. The team that lost Must Voice Concern about poor officials. The winners Move the Vicious Chains!

Lehigh'98
December 12th, 2015, 02:54 AM

You are the worst.

KPSUL
December 12th, 2015, 06:50 AM

You must have been watching the game wearing these:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22014&stc=1

And pay better attention, the announcers told us what conference the refs were from: SoCon

UNIFanSince1983
December 12th, 2015, 08:47 AM
You must have been watching the game wearing these:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22014&stc=1

And pay better attention, the announcers told us what conference the refs were from: SoCon

Just remember that guys team is coached by Bo Pelini.

MacThor
December 12th, 2015, 09:45 AM
The CAA refs were at Jacksonville St/Charleston Southern. Frankly, I was kind of surprised that crew was put on the playoff rotation.

Rollbird5
December 12th, 2015, 09:46 AM
After UNI started 2-4 my dad was in Vegas and put $10 on 200-1 odds that UNI would win the championship so I guess I'll root for the Panthers so he can win some money, go Panthers!

JSUSoutherner
December 12th, 2015, 10:08 AM
After UNI started 2-4 my dad was in Vegas and put $10 on 200-1 odds that UNI would win the championship so I guess I'll root for the Panthers so he can win some money, go Panthers!
He ain't getting that $10 back. xthumbsupx
Go Cocks!