MVFC -3, (Illinois State, NDSU, UNI)
OVC - 1 (Jax State)
Big South - 1 (Chuck South)
CAA - 1 (Richmond)
Patriot League - 1 (Colgate)
Southland - 1 (SHSU or McNeese)
Big Sky - 0
SoCon - 0

The Big Sky was shut out of the Elite 8. What does that mean about the Big Sky? Off year? No longer a power conference?

If UNI wins, does it mean there is only one "power conference" anymore? They would be the only conference with multiple teams in the Elite 8.

SoCon shut out? Big South > SoCon?

Is the distribution between all the teams thanks to regionalization, or is it... gasp!.... parity?

Southern Bison
December 5th, 2015, 06:08 PM
More impressive...Patriot League & Big South have made it (and it's not Coastal). Congrats to those two teams.

CSU could be that surprise next week.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 5th, 2015, 06:11 PM
Montana was sent into a hornets nest. I picked Portland State to beat UNI...

Lehigh Football Nation
December 5th, 2015, 06:17 PM
That CAA rep is largely only there because someone had to win Richmond/W&M. Colgate eliminated the other two CAA teams, obviously.

Big Sky though got some rough draws (Montana at NDSU, SUU at SHSU and they almost won). Even UNI is a tough at-large team to face.

BisonFan02
December 5th, 2015, 06:18 PM
One side of the bracket is softer than a bunch of pillows.....the other is a death march.

Cocky
December 5th, 2015, 06:39 PM
I agree ISUr got a great bracket.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 5th, 2015, 06:44 PM
Cowboys with a good drive going...

MarkCCU
December 5th, 2015, 07:47 PM
MVFC - 2, possibly 3, (Illinois State, NDSU, maybe UNI)
OVC - 1 (Jax State)
Big South - 1 (Chuck South)
CAA - 1 (Richmond)
Patriot League - 1 (Colgate)
Southland - 1 (SHSU or McNeese)
Big Sky - 0 or 1 (maybe Portland State)

Will the Big Sky be shut out of the Elite 8? If so, what does that mean about the Big Sky? Off year? No longer a power conference?

If UNI wins, does it mean there is only one "power conference" anymore? They would be the only conference with multiple teams in the Elite 8.

SoCon shut out? Big South > SoCon?

Is the distribution between all the teams thanks to regionalization, or is it... gasp!.... parity?

The big south has been doing well against the SoCon for a few seasons now. I'm impressed with CSU.

KPSUL
December 5th, 2015, 08:02 PM
Why the need to draw sweeping conclusions about any single conference from a handful of games. The only thing that can be legitimately concluded about the relative strength of FCS football conferences is that one conference, MVFC, has been clearly stronger than all the others for the last 3 seasons. There seems to be greater parity between the other conferences which in IMO is good for the Subdivision.

MacThor
December 5th, 2015, 08:11 PM
That CAA rep is largely only there because someone had to win Richmond/W&M. Colgate eliminated the other two CAA teams, obviously.

Big Sky though got some rough draws (Montana at NDSU, SUU at SHSU and they almost won). Even UNI is a tough at-large team to face.
Duquesne should have plowed through the Richmond pod, then.

That was a rout today. If Richmond had played like that in November they would be 11-1 now.

The Colgate pod had the 3rd and 5th CAA teams.

tribefan40
December 5th, 2015, 08:14 PM

That was a rout today. If Richmond had played like that in November they would be 11-1 now.

This. Silly comment, UR will roll if they continue to play like they did today.

BisonFan02
December 5th, 2015, 08:16 PM

No worries now for you guys though....good luck in Normal against ISUr. If successful, you guys might get rewarded with an extremely hot UNI team or a trip to Fargo. No problem. :D

If the Bison hold serve next weekend....there is going to be a lot of Spider fans in Fargo. xlolx

JALMOND
December 5th, 2015, 08:17 PM
Why the need to draw sweeping conclusions about any single conference from a handful of games. The only thing that can be legitimately concluded about the relative strength of FCS football conferences is that one conference, MVFC, has been clearly stronger than all the others for the last 3 seasons. There seems to be greater parity between the other conferences which in IMO is good for the Subdivision.

The east getting too far ahead of themselves. Should PSU win tonight, that gives seven different conferences representation in the final 8. I'd call that parity, not one conference stronger than the others. Don't assume, you know what that is, right?

clenz
December 5th, 2015, 08:46 PM
The east getting too far ahead of themselves. Should PSU win tonight, that gives seven different conferences representation in the final 8. I'd call that parity, not one conference stronger than the others. Don't assume, you know what that is, right?
Let's not pretend like the MVFC isn't still stronger than the rest...don't be silly

JALMOND
December 5th, 2015, 08:49 PM
Let's not pretend like the MVFC isn't still stronger than the rest...don't be silly

I don't know. This whole playoff thing is new to us. We don't really know who is supposed to be strong and who actually is strong. We just know we are playing tonight against another good team.

Cleets
December 5th, 2015, 08:56 PM

Northern Iowa can go a long way to proving you point by winning

BisonFan02
December 5th, 2015, 08:58 PM
Northern Iowa can go a long way to proving you point by winning

Or they could just lose......that would be fantastic. :D

JALMOND
December 5th, 2015, 08:59 PM
Or they could just lose......that would be fantastic. :D

I know I would like that. xthumbsupx

BisonFan02
December 5th, 2015, 09:00 PM
I know I would like that. xthumbsupx

1988 rematch. :D

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 5th, 2015, 09:23 PM
Richmond v Illinois State is going to be a hell of a game.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 5th, 2015, 09:51 PM
3 Private schools. Even as a state school grad that's nice to see...

Professor Chaos
December 5th, 2015, 11:53 PM
One of the TV spots is set.

NDSU will play the winner of UNI/PSU on Saturday December 12th at 12PM ET on ESPN.

https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/673376010574761984

Lehigh Football Nation
December 6th, 2015, 12:27 AM
Not a huge fan of the "rematch" for TV but at least both teams earned it with decisive wins over Big Sky schools.

unigriff
December 6th, 2015, 12:38 AM
Big sky throws up in its mouth again this year. What a pity. Also a shame we can't have a MVFC national title game again. Whoever wins the UNI/NDSU, ISUr bracket is gonna win the whole thing anyway. "CROWN 'EM!"

BisonFan02
December 6th, 2015, 12:41 AM
Big sky throws up in its mouth again this year. What a pity. Also a shame we can't have a MVFC national title game again. Whoever wins the UNI/NDSU, ISUr bracket is gonna win the whole thing anyway. "CROWN 'EM!"

I said it in another thread...the national championship is the semifinal game in our side of the bracket. Its almost a joke at this point.

skinny_uncle
December 6th, 2015, 12:54 AM

Probably, but Jacksonville State might make things interesting. Playing lesser competition may not have prepared them for this, though.

clenz
December 6th, 2015, 12:57 AM
Probably, but Jacksonville State might make things interesting. Playing lesser competition may not have prepared them for this, though.
I watched every single game today.

There wasn't a team more physical than the MVFC teams.

There were teams with plenty of skill guys that could cause all kinds of fits - PSU was a prime example with that QB.

NDSU/UNI are going to beat the living **** out of each other next week. It's going to be a 60 minute long no rules UFC fight. No tapping out, no getting knocked out...you get the **** back up and swing back..., no early stopping.

Just hay-maker after hay-maker after roundhouse to the temple

dewey
December 6th, 2015, 01:40 AM
NDSU/UNI are going to beat the living **** out of each other next week. It's going to be a 60 minute long no rules UFC fight. No tapping out, no getting knocked out...you get the **** back up and swing back..., no early stopping.

Just fist dipped in glass shards hay-maker after hay-maker after brass knuckle roundhouse to the temple

I added a little bit for you Clenz. I thought you were a too mellow for the upcoming fight.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21955&stc=1

^^^^This right here.

Dewey

Gangtackle11
December 6th, 2015, 06:03 AM
I have to say that those who claim the CAA is down have an argument that was strengthened the past few weeks.

Richmond is the last CAA team standing & I wish them well. Colgate knocking off UNH & JMU on the road is a nice feat, but it probably as telling of how the CAA season has gone and that clearly has them closer to the Patriot than the MVFC. William & Mary was fortunate to get by the NEC Champ Duquesne & really spit the bit at Richmond.

Add in that Villanova lost to Penn and the rest of the CAA had no real significant wins to speak of and it adds up to a season where if I'm a Patriot League or Ivy League fan of a top team then I'm feeling pretty good when I see most CAA teams on my schedule.

Sad, but true. The CAA needs to step it up in 2016. Good luck Richmond!!

ISUMatt
December 6th, 2015, 06:12 AM
Richmond @ Illinois State is a friday game 6:30pm

ISUMatt

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 6th, 2015, 06:29 AM
Sad, but true. The CAA needs to step it up in 2016. Good luck Richmond!!

I don't know about anybody else, but we should be a legit title contender next year with all we'll have back.

Gangtackle11
December 6th, 2015, 07:21 AM
I don't know about anybody else, but we should be a legit title contender next year with all we'll have back.

I hear ya, but I thought the same of my Wildcats this time last season.

tribefan40
December 6th, 2015, 07:32 AM

CAA has a couple of teams with strong young cores who could take a step, UNH is always in the mix, JMU looks to still be solid and W&M only loses four starters. CAA should be stronger overall next year.

Gate83
December 6th, 2015, 10:41 AM

Colgate @ Richmond next September 24 should be interesting... we're not losing much either. When the game was announced a year ago my Spider pal set the line at Gate +16. I'm taking the points!

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 6th, 2015, 10:43 AM
Colgate @ Richmond next September 24 should be interesting... we're not losing much either. When the game was announced a year ago my Spider pal set the line at Gate +16. I'm taking the points!

Forgot about that. Should be a fun one. Glad we got it on the schedule.

skinny_uncle
December 6th, 2015, 10:48 AM

There were teams with plenty of skill guys that could cause all kinds of fits - PSU was a prime example with that QB.

Sounds like a normal Valley game to me.

kdinva
December 6th, 2015, 11:42 AM
http://i.turner.ncaa.com/sites/default/files/external/gametool/brackets/football_fcs_2015.pdf

SHSU will host 'Gate......

Big_Fan
December 6th, 2015, 12:00 PM

More physical or as physical?

We are not physical at all... simply a slick, smoke and mirrors offense. Our 4 all-conference offensive linemen are just masters at cut blocking, and the 460 yards rushing against UTC was lucky misdirection plays...done it all year... amazing that we are in the top 6 in rushing offense running nothing but reverses and end-arounds.

...we don't have any skill, either. Maybe one fast receiver, and a qb who occasionally breaks one while running for his life.

We won't be anything but a speed bump against a MVFC team. Your teams don't need to even watch film or practice.

BisonFan02
December 6th, 2015, 12:09 PM

We are not physical at all... simply a slick, smoke and mirrors offense. Our 4 all-conference offensive linemen are just masters at cut blocking, and the 460 yards rushing against UTC was lucky misdirection plays...done it all year... amazing that we are in the top 6 in rushing offense running nothing but reverses and end-arounds.

...we don't have any skill, either. Maybe one fast receiver, and a qb who occasionally breaks one while running for his life.

We won't be anything but a speed bump against a MVFC team. Your teams don't need to even watch film or practice.

OVC all conference players and "Bailey Lite". I would rather play JSU than UNI.

JSUSoutherner
December 6th, 2015, 12:41 PM
OVC all conference players and "Bailey Lite". I would rather play JSU than UNI.
Is that why every team in the NFL has visited JSU this fall?

uni88
December 6th, 2015, 01:01 PM

I don't think clenz's post was meant as a slam on JSU or other teams just a comment on how physical the MVFC teams were and how physical this game is likely to be. These 2 teams respect but do not like each other. As another poster in another thread said it will be like the Pittsburgh Steelers/Baltimore Ravens used to be. If it's anything like the past games between the 2 teams, it will be a classic slobber knocker where they knock the crap out of each other for 4 quarters. The level of hitting and pain dished out will be something you rarely see in a football game at any level. I highly recommend watching the game, you will likely see old school physical football at its best.

These 2 teams did not want to play each other until at least the semi's because they knew they would likely beat each other up and the winner would go into the following week's game all banged up. So it sets things up nicely for the winner of the ISU/Richmond game.

Daytripper
December 6th, 2015, 03:53 PM
I said it in another thread...the national championship is the semifinal game in our side of the bracket. Its almost a joke at this point.

...just laying in wait.....under the radar.....it's why we actually play the games on the field and not in fan forums.

JSUSoutherner
December 6th, 2015, 03:59 PM
...just laying in wait.....under the radar.....it's why we actually play the games on the field and not in fan forums.
Well so far we're playing on the field too. Hopefully it can stay that way.

Good luck with Colgate, I'll be rooting for a rematch with you guys.

Daytripper
December 6th, 2015, 04:02 PM
Well so far we're playing on the field too. Hopefully it can stay that way.

I think you belong in the laying in wait position, also. The MVFC narcissistic, self-love fest is getting real old. Let's play the games and crown the champion when all the games are over. If it happens to be an MVFC team, then by all means, talk away.

ColgateTD
December 6th, 2015, 05:30 PM
Colgate - Jax State final! Bet the farm on it!

- - - Updated - - -

clenz
December 6th, 2015, 05:31 PM

- - - Updated - - -

I accept your bet

Now sign your deed over to me

JSUSoutherner
December 6th, 2015, 05:34 PM

- - - Updated - - -

I can't tell whether Colgate is just really really good or just playing really really bad teams. I haven't watched the games so if they get past SHSU it should make for an interesting matchup.

Daytripper
December 6th, 2015, 05:39 PM
I can't tell whether Colgate is just really really good or just playing really really bad teams. I haven't watched the games so if they get past SHSU it should make for an interesting matchup.

Jax State has a game to win itself....

JSUSoutherner
December 6th, 2015, 05:42 PM
Jax State has a game to win itself....
Fully aware. I didn't say it would be us that they would be playing next week. Although I definitely hope it is. Our defense has some work to do to prepare for CSU and we have some tidying up to do with our pass attack. And we need a kicker, if we get into a game where field goals matter we lose. That's why we lost to Auburn.

No_Skill
December 6th, 2015, 05:51 PM

You forgot targeting...don't forget the targeting.

Daytripper
December 6th, 2015, 06:02 PM

I'm starting to question why the rest of us play football at all. We just should go home and let the MVFC play their conference schedule. We simply should all watch in utter amazement at the ungodly skill and power that is on display. Of course all ESPN college game days must always be held in Fargo because no other city/fan base is worthy of having college football televised for the entertainment of the masses. ISU and UNI are the only teams in the universe (except maybe Alabama on a good day) that are worthy enough to even take the field with those incredible Bison. Why hasn't the college football hall of fame been renamed the Bizon Hall of Fame and moved to Fargo? This is confusing.

clenz
December 6th, 2015, 06:23 PM
Oh the Bearkat butt hole still hurts from playing NDSU a couple years ago I see

Bisonwinagn
December 6th, 2015, 06:29 PM
I'm starting to question why the rest of us play football at all. We just should go home and let the MVFC play their conference schedule. We simply should all watch in utter amazement at the ungodly skill and power that is on display. Of course all ESPN college game days must always be held in Fargo because no other city/fan base is worthy of having college football televised for the entertainment of the masses. ISU and UNI are the only teams in the universe (except maybe Alabama on a good day) that are worthy enough to even take the field with those incredible Bison. Why hasn't the college football hall of fame been renamed the Bizon Hall of Fame and moved to Fargo? This is confusing.

All valid points!!!!

JSUSoutherner
December 6th, 2015, 06:46 PM
It wouldn't be confusing if you were an MVFC fan. Once you drink the MVFC Kook-aid and jump on the "My conference is better than everyone else because we have one team that has been a complete power house for four years" bandwagon you'll understand.

jsualumnus
December 6th, 2015, 06:48 PM

Say what you want about JSU playing lesser competition, but you do realize we beat Chattanooga twice xpeacex this year (beating the probability %'s), went into overtime against Auburn (yeah, the the whole Auburn thing of them being down this year is crap...we played them into overtime and lost due to a couple of bad decisions), played a very good UTM offense that should been in the playoffs, and then blew a good EKU team out (we probably exposed their weaknesses more than anything and gave other teams some great film in them).... I get the OVC isn't the MVFC, but saying we played lesser competition would stick better back before having to play Chattanooga again. They were damn good! JSU doesn't fit inside the OVC...

Ivytalk
December 6th, 2015, 06:53 PM
Oh the Bearkat butt hole still hurts from playing NDSU a couple years ago I see
clenz, daytripper trollskunked you fair and square.

Green1
December 6th, 2015, 06:58 PM
clenz, daytripper trollskunked you fair and square.

How do you know clenz didn't just troll you?

clenz
December 6th, 2015, 07:06 PM

Shhhh

There are few things easier to troll than Redburd fans with Coprich, OVC fans with their weak conference, and SHSU fans in general

Mostly because their AGS presence is nearly completely Decemberists of some form

Ivytalk
December 6th, 2015, 07:15 PM
clenz doesn't bother to troll me. I'm just a lowly Ivy Leaguer.

Green1
December 6th, 2015, 07:20 PM
Shhhh

There are few things easier to troll than Redburd fans with Coprich, OVC fans with their weak conference, and SHSU fans in general

Mostly because their AGS presence is nearly completely Decemberists of some form

My bad. Continue....

clenz
December 6th, 2015, 07:42 PM
clenz doesn't bother to troll me. I'm just a lowly Ivy Leaguer.

1. Non playoff conferences aren't worth my time
2. I stand zero chance in a battle of wits

Southern Bison
December 6th, 2015, 08:36 PM
I think you belong in the laying in wait position, also. The MVFC narcissistic, self-love fest is getting real old. Let's play the games and crown the champion when all the games are over. If it happens to be an MVFC team, then by all means, talk away.

Let's see...you're 0-for against NDSU. 2 close games & 2 ass-whoopings. Have y'all played another MVFC team in the last decade? We're not narcissistic...there's a legacy & record that backs up what we're saying.

Sure, y'all have the runner-up t-shirts but you haven't won the trophy or the ring. Once you do, your team (not you) will gain a little respect.

BisonFan02
December 6th, 2015, 09:00 PM
Let's see...you're 0-for against NDSU. 2 close games & 2 ass-whoopings. Have y'all played another MVFC team in the last decade? We're not narcissistic...there's a legacy & record that backs up what we're saying.

Sure, y'all have the runner-up t-shirts but you haven't won the trophy or the ring. Once you do, your team (not you) will gain a little respect.

They beat NDSU in 2009....but the rest still stands. :D

JSUSoutherner
December 6th, 2015, 09:05 PM

I think the point he's trying to make is a lot of Valley fans look at other non-Valley teams and give them a lot of stuff because they aren't a Valley team.

Southern Bison
December 6th, 2015, 09:07 PM
Well...to be the Man you've got to beat the Man. The past 4 years, the MVFC has housed the Man.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

JSUSoutherner
December 6th, 2015, 09:10 PM
Well...to be the Man you've got to beat the Man. The past 4 years, the MVFC has housed the Man.

NDSU is indeed the Man. But that doesn't quite explain the other various Valley fans that act like they are the Bee's knee's.

clenz
December 6th, 2015, 09:20 PM
NDSU is indeed the Man. But that doesn't quite explain the other various Valley fans that act like they are the Bee's knee's.
NDSU has more losses to MVFC schools over that time than non MVFC schools

I'd bet the average score is significantly closer for conference games for NDSU as well

Cocky
December 6th, 2015, 09:22 PM

UAT and Auburn have won several NC lately, so should we jump on the train because we are in the same state?

Ill stay off and cheer for my team to win one.

spdram
December 6th, 2015, 09:29 PM
Looks like we're getting no respect. A number on here cannot ever mention Richmond as the opponent of ISU. Maybe we should save the money and just stay in Richmond.

I'm looking for a good game on Friday, I think our guys will be ready. WEBelieve!

BisonFan02
December 6th, 2015, 09:35 PM
Looks like we're getting no respect. A number on here cannot ever mention Richmond as the opponent of ISU. Maybe we should save the money and just stay in Richmond.

I'm looking for a good game on Friday, I think our guys will be ready. WEBelieve!

There will be a ton of Spider fans in Fargo on Friday....trust me. :D

Southern Bison
December 6th, 2015, 09:40 PM

There will be a ton of Spider fans in Fargo on Friday....trust me. :D

Go Spiders!!! We'll gladly host y'all in Fargo on the 19th!

whoanellie
December 6th, 2015, 09:42 PM
JMU must have forgotten to brush and floss.

Gangtackle11
December 10th, 2015, 06:50 AM
CAA has a couple of teams with strong young cores who could take a step, UNH is always in the mix, JMU looks to still be solid and W&M only loses four starters. CAA should be stronger overall next year.

Villanova loses their marquee defensive player Don Cherry, but will return 6-7 starters on both sides of the ball. They are very deep & talented on defense. I expect that the silver lining of the Robertson injury is that CAA Co-offensive rookie of the year QB Zach Bednarczyk got a lot of valuable experience. He had some turnovers that were returned for tds & it cost The 'Cats in the Towson & JMU games for sure, but the kid is going to be a good one when it's all said in done.

They miss UNH and William & Mary. Also have Towson & JMU home while playing at Richmond. The rest of the CAA schedule is very doable with away games at Elon,Maine, & Delaware and home games vs. Towson, Rhody, & JMU. Out of conference at @ Pitt & Lafayette and home vs. Lehigh.

I can see 7-9 wins unless the injury bug continues. I'm looking for a return to the playoffs in 2016.

unigriff
December 10th, 2015, 06:59 AM
Wwinner of NDSU and UNI will win the title. Book it.

UNIFanSince1983
December 10th, 2015, 07:05 AM

Not so fast my friend ;)

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 10th, 2015, 08:33 AM
Villanova loses their marquee defensive player Don Cherry, but will return 6-7 starters on both sides of the ball. They are very deep & talented on defense. I expect that the silver lining of the Robertson injury is that CAA Co-offensive rookie of the year QB Zach Bednarczyk got a lot of valuable experience. He had some turnovers that were returned for tds & it cost The 'Cats in the Towson & JMU games for sure, but the kid is going to be a good one when it's all said in done.

They miss UNH and William & Mary. Also have Towson & JMU home while playing at Richmond. The rest of the CAA schedule is very doable with away games at Elon,Maine, & Delaware and home games vs. Towson, Rhody, & JMU. Out of conference at @ Pitt & Lafayette and home vs. Lehigh.

I can see 7-9 wins unless the injury bug continues. I'm looking for a return to the playoffs in 2016.

Expectations will high for Lehigh as well. Villanova-Lehigh could turn out to be a bit early season OOC game. Outside chance both teams are ranked imo. Villanova absolutely will be.

Daytripper
December 10th, 2015, 09:09 AM

https://media.giphy.com/media/TMbRIVPeZa7kc/giphy.gif

BisonFan02
December 10th, 2015, 09:23 AM

Naw....check back after Friday night.

KPSUL
December 10th, 2015, 12:30 PM

I would if I could. I'm going to be in Dallas over the week end of the Championship Game anyway and I tried to get a decent ticket on-line. Nothing except end zone seats available - Bison fans have bought them all up again.

BisonFan02
December 10th, 2015, 12:32 PM
I would if I could. I'm going to be in Dallas over the week end of the Championship Game anyway and I tried to get a decent ticket on-line. Nothing except end zone seats available - Bison fans have bought them all up again.

3 years ago in 3 year packages. :D

KPSUL
December 10th, 2015, 12:34 PM

Explain the thinking? If Richmond managed to go to ISUr and beat them in their own stadium, wouldn't that imply they might be a tougher opponent than ISUr.

BisonFan02
December 10th, 2015, 12:37 PM
Explain the thinking? If Richmond managed to go to ISUr and beat them in their own stadium, wouldn't that imply they might be a tougher opponent than ISUr.

First time opponent in the Fargodome. Teams making their first trip have a difficult time and tend to get blown off the field. All things "equal" (I still think ISUr is a better team as well), I want my Bison home in the postseason.

KPSUL
December 10th, 2015, 12:43 PM
First time opponent in the Fargodome. Teams making their first trip have a difficult time and tend to get blown off the field. All things "equal" (I still think ISUr is a better team as well), I want my Bison home in the postseason.

Oh yeah, NDSU is the 3 seed vs ISUr 2nd. It's the difference between a home vs away game! And from 2013 I can personnally attest to the extent of the NDSU home field advantage.

Daytripper
December 10th, 2015, 01:45 PM
Oh yeah, NDSU is the 3 seed vs ISUr 2nd. It's the difference between a home vs away game! And from 2013 I can personnally attest to the extent of the NDSU home field advantage.

I had completely blocked out our visit there last season....until this thread. Damnit!!!

MacThor
December 10th, 2015, 02:57 PM
In the 2008 semifinals, Richmond handled themselves, as a first time visitor, in the #3 seed MVFC champions' dome pretty well.

BisonFan02
December 10th, 2015, 02:59 PM
In the 2008 semifinals, Richmond handled themselves, as a first time visitor, in the #3 seed MVFC champions' dome pretty well.

Different can of worms here....apples/oranges.

UNIFanSince1983
December 10th, 2015, 03:01 PM

How many of those players are on this year's Richmond team?

MacThor
December 10th, 2015, 03:02 PM
Different can of worms here....apples/oranges.

Good point...Richmond wasn't even CAA champion that year. ;)

clenz
December 10th, 2015, 03:03 PM
You aren't going to see another coach dumb enough to run a jet sweep and 2 dives with 2 minutes left in the game when you have all 3 time outs left....

CockyGeek
December 10th, 2015, 04:05 PM
You aren't going to see another coach dumb enough to run a jet sweep and 2 dives with 2 minutes left in the game when you have all 3 time outs left....

http://media.al.com/sports_impact/photo/11477870-large.jpg

Jack Crowe would have taken a knee at the one yard line with all three timeouts and being down by two. Don't worry

URMite
December 10th, 2015, 04:08 PM

Jack Crowe would have taken a knee at the one yard line with all three timeouts and being down by two. Don't worry

We can beat that. We had a coach in the 80s who kicked a field goal on the last play of the game. ...We were down four...and it was wide right!
Hope I never see that again!

clenz
December 10th, 2015, 04:14 PM

Jack Crowe would have taken a knee at the one yard line with all three timeouts and being down by two. Don't worryThe ****ty part is as much as I hate Farley/Verduzco/Salmon's play calling there, which took 29 seconds off the clock there is this:

UNI punted to a Richmond team with no time outs left. The punt went only 42 yards. That Gave Richmond the ball at the UNI 38 yard line. Richmond had to go 62 yards in 1:44 with no time outs to score a TD to tie and XP to win. What defense does Farley run? Well, look at the play chart and you tell me

Richmond at 01:44
Richmond at 01:44

1st and 10 at RICHMOND38
RICHMOND drive start at 01:44.

1st and 10 at RICHMOND38
Eric Ward pass complete to Donte Boston for 7 yards to the RICHMOND45 (Mahoney, Josh).

2nd and 3 at RICHMOND45
PENALTY UNI offside (Ruffin, James) 5 yards to the 50 yardline, 1ST DOWN RICHMOND.

1st and 10 at RICHMOND50
Eric Ward rush for 5 yards to the UNI45.

2nd and 5 at UNI45
Eric Ward pass complete to Donte Boston for 11 yards to the UNI34, 1ST DOWN RICHMOND (Nelson, Nick;Thompson, Jamar).

1st and 10 at UNI34
Eric Ward pass incomplete.

2nd and 10 at UNI34
Eric Ward pass incomplete to Josh Vaughan.

3rd and 10 at UNI34
Eric Ward pass complete to Donte Boston for 8 yards to the UNI26.

4th and 2 at UNI26
Eric Ward pass complete to Shawn White for 4 yards to the UNI22, 1ST DOWN RICHMOND (McMoore, Sean;Thompson, Jamar).

1st and 10 at UNI22
Eric Ward pass complete to Jordan Mitchell for 9 yards to the UNI13.

2nd and 1 at UNI13
Eric Ward pass complete to Joe Stewart for 13 yards to the UNI0, 1ST DOWN RICHMOND, TOUCHDOWN, clock 00:14.

1st and GOAL at UNI03
Andrew Howard kick attempt good.

1st and GOAL at RICHMOND30
Brian Radford kickoff 42 yards to the UNI28, Mahaffey, Ryan return 13 yards to the UNI41 (Tyler Kirchoff).

TOTAL
10 plays , 62 yards Time of Possession: 1:30

Prevent defense only prevents winning. That doesn't give you a visual. The corners started 11 yards off the LOS on almost every snap that series. So afraid to get beat deep Farley started them so far off the line they had no chance to stop anything on the sideline and short. 55 yards passing on that drive. The first 58:16 of the game? Only 230.

That last 3 minutes of that game is the prime example of why UNI fans don't trust Farley, and why we don't believe we will ever win a title. That same situation has played out in about 15 other games since then...

MacThor
December 10th, 2015, 10:05 PM
MMM....I loved that game. Ironically, our loss @ Villanova this year was by an identical 21-20 score, and happened because we played prevent defense and let them dink and dunk all the way down the field until they scored on a 4th down.

Prevent defense also cost us the 2009 quarterfinal against Appalachian State, when Mike London had already accepted the UVA job and checked out.

Big_Fan
December 11th, 2015, 03:43 AM
MMM....I loved that game. Ironically, our loss @ Villanova this year was by an identical 21-20 score, and happened because we played prevent defense and let them dink and dunk all the way down the field until they scored on a 4th down.

Prevent defense also cost us the 2009 quarterfinal against Appalachian State, when Mike London had already accepted the UVA job and checked out.

Nobody could out prevent-loss ole Captain Jack. Check these two out:

Tenn Tech 2010: Gamecocks score to make it a 24-7 game with 12:40 left. We lost 35-24
http://jsugamecocksports.com/custompages/Stats/Football/2010/jsu11.htm

And this one...even worse. EKU 2011 at home. We scored to make it 48-24 with 7:25 left in the game. Good ole Jack, being the humanitarian that he is, decided to empty the bench in honor of senior day. We went into a prevent defense... and lost 52-48. Insult to injury...clock mismanagement, the game ended with us having 3rd and goal at the 1, and a timeout still in our pocket.

http://jsugamecocksports.com/documents/2011/11/5/JSU09.pdf?id=1012

...and people wonder why we wanted Captain Jack gone so badly...

dewey
December 11th, 2015, 06:56 AM

Tenn Tech 2010: Gamecocks score to make it a 24-7 game with 12:40 left. We lost 35-24

And this one...even worse. EKU 2011 at home. We scored to make it 48-24 with 7:25 left in the game. Good ole Jack, being the humanitarian that he is, decided to empty the bench in honor of senior day. We went into a prevent defense... and lost 52-48. Insult to injury...clock mismanagement, the game ended with us having 3rd and goal at the 1, and a timeout still in our pocket.

Son of a B! That sucks to lose games that way.

Dewey

Big_Fan
December 11th, 2015, 07:28 AM
Son of a B! That sucks to lose games that way.

Dewey

To make it worse.... the first one cost us a share of the OVC championship. The second one cost us the outright title, and trip to the playoffs. We finished 7-4 and at home for the holidays. A win would have given us the auto-bid.

Cocky
December 11th, 2015, 08:10 AM
Whoever said Jimmies and Joes win games never met Jack Crowe. He could keep an All Pro team from beating a 7-8 year old Pee Wee team.

ur2k
December 11th, 2015, 12:03 PM
The ****ty part is as much as I hate Farley/Verduzco/Salmon's play calling there, which took 29 seconds off the clock there is this:

UNI punted to a Richmond team with no time outs left. The punt went only 42 yards. That Gave Richmond the ball at the UNI 38 yard line. Richmond had to go 62 yards in 1:44 with no time outs to score a TD to tie and XP to win. What defense does Farley run? Well, look at the play chart and you tell me

We refer to it as "The Drive"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM6yCPJbBr8

Thanks for the reminder - we look to do something like this again today.

Bisonator
December 11th, 2015, 01:26 PM

Holy crap. You win. xlolx

smallcollegefbfan
December 11th, 2015, 05:29 PM
Montana was sent into a hornets nest. I picked Portland State to beat UNI...

UNI is a big time team. I remember calling out a poster earlier in the year for getting on people giving UNI votes when they were 2-4. Their 4 losses were to a FBS team and 3 FCS teams who were in the round of 16. I think UNI is playing much better now and would have beaten WIU in a rematch for sure. Since then they have beaten 4 ranked teams and have shown that they are at the very worst a top 10 team in the country.

UNI probably would have won the SoCon, Big South, Southland, MEAC, SWAC, Pioneer, Patriot League, NEC, and likely would have been 1st or 2nd in the OVC. They were tied for 3rd with 2 other teams but yet would have likely won all but 2 or 3 conferences.

BisonFan02
December 11th, 2015, 06:02 PM
UNI is a big time team. I remember calling out a poster earlier in the year for getting on people giving UNI votes when they were 2-4. Their 4 losses were to a FBS team and 3 FCS teams who were in the round of 16. I think UNI is playing much better now and would have beaten WIU in a rematch for sure. Since then they have beaten 4 ranked teams and have shown that they are at the very worst a top 10 team in the country.

UNI probably would have won the SoCon, Big South, Southland, MEAC, SWAC, Pioneer, Patriot League, NEC, and likely would have been 1st or 2nd in the OVC. They were tied for 3rd with 2 other teams but yet would have likely won all but 2 or 3 conferences.

Yup....newsflash...the Valley is tough. Weird, I know. :D