PDA

View Full Version : The FCS Wedge Interviews Mr. Mark Wilson - Head of Selection Committee

ursus arctos horribilis
December 4th, 2015, 11:52 PM
It starts about the 11 minute mark and we ask him some direct questions that came up around here over the last couple weks. He is a very good guy to lay out this stuff and take the time he did for us. If you were pissed you in particular should listen to this and let it absorb into you and it will help explain a lot of things in this process that are taken into consideration and adhered to by the committee.

Kevin got an additional interview with Dan Hunt from Colgate, loved listening to his interview as well. Seems like a very solid guy and a good coach. Represents Colgate & the PL very well.

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/8cay2f1cth9553g/2015-1205-The_FCS_Wedge_-_FULL_SHOW_BSC_%26_MVFC_-_BTR_-_No_Ads.mp3

If you click the download button it only takes a couple minutes to DL and you have full control with a media player. If you just click play at that link you can't rewind/FF and so forth just so you know.

BTW, it would be cool if you could pass along that you heard the interviews via twitter.

@MarkWilsonTTUAD

&

@CoachDanHunt

Use this:

#thefcswedge

I will give a $25 gift card or a radial bracket shirt (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?178612-Updated-bracket-after-1st-round&p=2299580&viewfull=1#post2299580)to the best tweet sent to those guys using that hashtag from an AGS member. Hell, I'll give out two of them. One for each.

This will end Monday at noon ET and no hashtag, no consideration. Post your tweet in this thread if you want so I know who to contact. Let the games begin. Be nice assholes. xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
December 4th, 2015, 11:53 PM
Hey also, if you are listening and participating then say hello in here and bump this sucker once in a while.

TheRevSFA
December 5th, 2015, 12:02 AM
I thoroughly enjoyed the interview with him and the bracket made sense. Of course the MVFC fans won't see it the same

ursus arctos horribilis
December 5th, 2015, 12:07 AM
I thoroughly enjoyed the interview with him and the bracket made sense. Of course the MVFC fans won't see it the same

Well, once it is explained and people look at it from the people putting it together eyes then it probably takes some of the edge off...although I didn't understand the edge in the first place.

We all agree the regionalization is a bit of a problem but they can not do anything about that. They also do a secret ballot after a pre ballot to set the seeds so how they come out at that point CAN NOT be f'd with after that final vote.

I just liked getting some good solid, concrete answers from him on exactly how and what hapens. He comes off as a very good feller to your truly anyway.

FCSwatcher
December 5th, 2015, 09:09 AM
Great job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drblankstare
December 5th, 2015, 09:48 AM
Excellent interviews. Though I am normally against educating myself about things. xthumbsupx

Gate83
December 5th, 2015, 11:32 AM
Thanks for this, will post this on the Colgate fan board. Of course I'm biased as Coach Hunt is a great guy, couldn't be happier for him & the team. Oh, and the seeding stuff was interesting too!

centennial
December 5th, 2015, 11:53 AM
Let's not forget that the system can still be manipulated. By putting NDSU, and ISU at 3 and 2 they made sure MVFC takes it self out. I am not much for conspiracy theories, just hope the system can be fixed.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 5th, 2015, 12:37 PM
Let's not forget that the system can still be manipulated. By putting NDSU, and ISU at 3 and 2 they made sure MVFC takes it self out. I am not much for conspiracy theories, just hope the system can be fixed.

Bull****. This is a secret electronic ballot. They do a pre vote, then they talk about it. Then do a secret ballot (electronically) to set the seeds. Enough of the crap man. If you want to continue your conspiracy **** I'll let you know it takes away from your integrity in these conversations. He very clearly explained all this.

The Selection Committee doesn't give two ****s that the MVFC was or was not seeded 2 and 3. Why the **** would a group of AD's, repping different conferences and teams care one bit other than to do the best job they can in setting the field?

Holy Christ, when we were all guessing seeds a ton of board member had Ill St. and NDSU also at 2 & 3. Were they being legit or would they have been trying to manipulate something.

Apologies to The Rev. You were right. Try and go get some information for whiners and you just gonna more whining. JFC man.

"Oh my, oh lordy, they are trying to make sure the MVFC takes itself out!"

Rigodamndiculous man.

TheRevSFA
December 5th, 2015, 04:16 PM
Bull****. This is a secret electronic ballot. They do a pre vote, then they talk about it. Then do a secret ballot (electronically) to set the seeds. Enough of the crap man. If you want to continue your conspiracy **** I'll let you know it takes away from your integrity in these conversations. He very clearly explained all this.

The Selection Committee doesn't give two ****s that the MVFC was or was not seeded 2 and 3. Why the **** would a group of AD's, repping different conferences and teams care one bit other than to do the best job they can in setting the field?

Holy Christ, when we were all guessing seeds a ton of board member had Ill St. and NDSU also at 2 & 3. Were they being legit or would they have been trying to manipulate something.

Apologies to The Rev. You were right. Try and go get some information for whiners and you just gonna more whining. JFC man.

"Oh my, oh lordy, they are trying to make sure the MVFC takes itself out!"

Rigodamndiculous man.

you should read my tweet :)

Nodak78
December 6th, 2015, 10:04 AM
Obviously the committee pissed it down their leg with Eastern Illinois based on the first 2 rounds.