PDA

View Full Version : Western Illinois at Illinois State pregame

leatherneck177
December 2nd, 2015, 08:15 AM
Haven't seen a thread on this yet, so figured I'd start it up. Conference and in state rivals meet for the 98th time I believe this Saturday. While some may point to the EIU-ISUr series as a huge rivalry I personally feel that this one is larger. Teams have split the series since 2000, although ISUr has won the last five meetings.

Game earlier in the season was very competitive midway through the third quarter before Redbirds took over and pulled away for a 48-28 victory.

I see this one being much closer, although I'm not sure Western can play the complete game needed to knock off the Redbirds. Familiarity will be key and it is always tough to beat a team twice in one season.

Hate to say it:

Redbirds 34
Necks 24

Professor Chaos
December 2nd, 2015, 08:42 AM
Go Necks!

THE HERD
December 2nd, 2015, 08:56 AM
I would love to see the Leathernecks knock off the Redbirds!

ST_Lawson
December 2nd, 2015, 09:34 AM
Hopefully the Dayton game was a bit of a wakeup call. I feel like the team went out there thinking they could just play at 50% and still win. After a quarter or two, they realized that wasn't the case and actually started playing. Turnovers really helped keep the score closer than it could have been early on. How much of that was Dayton making mistakes and how much was our guys playing well...I don't know.

The weather is supposed to be much nicer this time around than last time we played at ISUr. I checked after our first game there, and we had to kick into the wind 8 times and with the wind 2 times. ISUr kicked into the wind 4 times and with the wind 7 times. It was a pretty stiff wind at times and really killed starting field position for us quite often. Wind is only supposed to be ~10 mph this weekend (it was ~18 mph gusting up to ~30 mph last time).

I think we can make it a game, but it won't be easy.

Houndawg
December 2nd, 2015, 09:38 AM
Hopefully the Dayton game was a bit of a wakeup call. I feel like the team went out there thinking they could just play at 50% and still win. After a quarter or two, they realized that wasn't the case and actually started playing. Turnovers really helped keep the score closer than it could have been early on. How much of that was Dayton making mistakes and how much was our guys playing well...I don't know.

The weather is supposed to be much nicer this time around than last time we played at ISUr. I checked after our first game there, and we had to kick into the wind 8 times and with the wind 2 times. ISUr kicked into the wind 4 times and with the wind 7 times. It was a pretty stiff wind at times and really killed starting field position for us quite often. Wind is only supposed to be ~10 mph this weekend (it was ~18 mph gusting up to ~30 mph last time).

They were looking past Dayton. That's why this time will be a better game.

cpacmel
December 2nd, 2015, 09:39 AM
It's going to be a really good game. Looking forward to the Lenoir vs Burch matchup. Last time Lenoir got us for 11 for 131. We seem to do a better job against bigger running backs. And they don't get any bigger than Nikko. Moore is more of a threat to me.

Roberson will finally have all his WR's and TE's at full strength. That hasn't been the case since week 3.

weather looking good to (50 degrees, light winds)

Rollbird5
December 2nd, 2015, 09:54 AM
Should be another good game! I have ISU winning 38-28 in a game that's much like the first one in that we pull away late as our ground game wears down WIU. I hope we can contain Lenoir in that we don't give up any big plays for TDs cuz we know he'll get his yards against our secondary. Looking forward to some tailgating in the nice weather and watching another Birds win :D

leatherneck177
December 2nd, 2015, 10:06 AM
I would love to see the Leathernecks knock off the Redbirds!

I'm sure you would, all of a sudden Fargo becomes the path to Frisco!

leatherneck177
December 2nd, 2015, 10:09 AM

ST, you want to transfer some of your preview/breakdown from the WIU page over here? It is much better and more detailed.

jacksfan29
December 2nd, 2015, 10:13 AM
ISUr will roll WIU, 42-14. It is the time of year which the Redbirds will come to play.

It will come down to NDSU, ISUr and UNI as to who goes to Frisco.

ST_Lawson
December 2nd, 2015, 10:15 AM
I normally just post this over at our own board, LeatherneckNation.net (http://www.leathernecknation.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=731), but here's my regular rundown of this week's football game from Western's perspective:

http://i.imgur.com/VrZsOg1.gif AT http://i.imgur.com/wosTFbQ.gif

FCS Playoffs - Round 2
http://i.imgur.com/398FAex.png

Date/Time: 12/5 at 1 PM Central
Weather Forecast: 49 degrees at kickoff (high of 51) and clear w/ ~12 mph wind (as of 12/2). Almost no chance of rain (for Thursday, Friday, or Saturday).
TV: Game will be on ESPN3/WatchESPN.com

Illinois State’s Record
You can check out their full schedule here (http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2287), but since our game at ISU on October 24th (they were 6-1 at the time, with their only loss being against currently 12-0 Iowa), they are 3-1 with a win against Indiana State (27-24), a loss at South Dakota State (25-20), and wins at Southern Illinois (42-21), and back home against South Dakota (46-0). They had a first round playoff bye last weekend due to their #2 seed.

The History
Going from our first ever matchup with a team (Dayton) to our most-played rivalry and a rematch of a regular season game. With the second meeting this season, Western will be playing against the Redbirds for the 98th time. As mentioned in the game thread from the first time we met, this matchup has been played every year back to 1923 except for 1973 (when we were both Div. II Independent teams and apparently weren't able to figure out a way to get the game scheduled). Western holds the overall advantage, winning 50, losing 44, and 3 ties. We are 8-8 against ISU since 2000, although they currently hold a 5-game winning streak against us. This will be the first time we’ve ever played Illinois State in the postseason, and the second time we’ve had a playoff rematch against a fellow Gateway/MVFC team (the other was in 2002 against Western Kentucky).

Stat Analysis
Full Stat Comparison (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/128325/WIU%20Stuff/2015/WIU%20vs%20Illinois%20State.pdf)
Not too much has changed since our earlier matchup with ISU. The Redbirds are 5th in the FCS in penalties and 7th in turnovers lost...so they aren’t going to make many mistakes against us. They are also very efficient in their passing game, being 2nd in yards per completion and 13th in passing efficiency. Overall, their offense is very good, 19th in scoring, 15th in rushing, although only 82nd in passing offense. We’ll need to worry about stopping the now 2-time MVFC offensive player of the year, Marshaun Coprich, who ranks second in the FCS in rushing yards and in rushing TDs. QB Tre Roberson is still very much a dual-threat having rushed for 630 yards and 9 TDs in addition to the 1,723 passing yards and 15 passing TDs

Key Players
Kinda rehashing what we already know for the most part, but here’s the updated stats for ISU’s top players (full season stats (http://goredbirds.com/documents/2015/11/21/Season_Stats_112115.pdf)):
QB Tre Roberson - 1723 yards (156.6 per game), 15 TDs, 6 INTs (152.13 efficiency) passing and 630 yards (57.3 per game, 6.3 per run) and 9 TDs rushing
RB Marshaun Coprich - 1720 yards (156.4 per game), 20 TDs rushing, also 139 yards receiving
WR Anthony Warrum - 1031 yards (93.7 per game), 13 TDs receiving
WR Christian Gibbs - 278 yards (34.8 per game), 2 TDs receiving
S Alec Kocour - 78 tackles (29 solo), 1.5 tackles for loss, 3 INTs, 3 pass breakups
DB Josh Burch - 26 tackles (20 solo), 2 INTs for 26 yards (including 1 pick-6) and 6 pass breakups
LB Pat Meehan - 86 tackles (36 solo), 2 tackles for loss, 1 INT and 1 forced fumble and fumble recovery
DL Dalton Keene - 51 tackles (23 solo), 10 for loss, 5 sacks, 2 pass breakups, 1 fumble recovery, 1 blocked kick, 1 safety

The Game
Rematch against one of the top teams in the country. They say that it’s hard to beat a team twice in the season (from what I’ve heard, in the history of the FCS, it’s right around 75% of the time that the team that won the first matchup loses the second one)...but this is going to be a really tough one to do that with. The crowd should be less of an issue than it was in the first meeting (attendance was 13,391); I’ve heard they’re expecting somewhere around 6k-7k this game. Massey gives us a 21% chance of winning, which is about what they gave us in the game at UNI and in the game at NDSU...I could see it going either of those two ways. I don’t think a blowout in our favor is likely but if things get out of hand fast (like at NDSU) it could turn into a pretty ugly game. However, last time around, we were up by a TD halfway through the 3rd quarter and after they’d gotten a few more big plays to take the lead, I think that if they hadn’t had that goofy fumble that bounced into the WR’s hands that he was able to walk in for the TD, we would have stopped them at the goal line and might have been able to come back. It’s going to take our best effort this time around...we go out sluggish like we did against Dayton and it could very quickly turn into an NDSU-like game.

That being said, if you'd told me after the NDSU game that we'd still be playing football a month later, I would have said that you need to take it to Colorado because what you have isn't legal for recreational use in Illinois yet. It's been a very up-and-down season so far, to be sure, but overall this team has exceeded my expectations from the beginning of the season, and I'm just going to enjoy it all the way to the end...whether that's this weekend, next, or in January in Frisco, TX. Also, just FYI, as of the win at Dayton, we will, for sure, end up with a winning record, no matter what happens from here on out. The worst we can do is finish 7-6.

Ticket information is here: http://goleathernecks.com/news/2015/11/29/FB_1129150308.aspx and are $25 for regular general admission. The Alumni Office is also hosting a pregame social. You can register for that here: https://www.wiu.com/web-apps/Alumni/

UNIFanSince1983
December 2nd, 2015, 10:18 AM
ISUr will roll WIU, 42-14. It is the time of year which the Redbirds will come to play.

I am not going to count out the CAA teams just yet.

THE HERD
December 2nd, 2015, 10:39 AM

Ding Ding Ding we have a winner! xrotatehx Problem is that we have to get through the Griz and UNI in order for it to matter.....thats gonna be a tall order!

PantherRob82
December 2nd, 2015, 11:35 AM
I don't see why WIU would do any better than last time.

thebootfitter
December 2nd, 2015, 11:55 AM
Any given Saturday?

I suspect in the end, the 'Necks will not advance. But something tells me they have enough of a chance that I picked them for the upset.

Lehigh'98
December 2nd, 2015, 11:59 AM
Redbirds 48-24. Too much talent and they seem to be clicking at the right time.

eiu1999
December 2nd, 2015, 12:10 PM

Can't see how they will. ISU easy in this one.

cpacmel
December 2nd, 2015, 01:57 PM
S Alec Kocour - 78 tackles (29 solo), 1.5 tackles for loss, 3 INTs, 3 pass breakups

Kocour is out with a broken clavicle.

dewey
December 2nd, 2015, 03:09 PM

Winner, winner chicken dinner!!!!

Go Leathernecks!

Dewey

BisonTru
December 2nd, 2015, 03:38 PM
I am not going to count out the CAA teams just yet.

I am.

Honestly, I still think the Vikings could be scary. That WSU win is the most impressive win in the country. They have a couple smelly loses, but if they can play like they did a against UM and WSU, they can hang with anyone.

UNIFanSince1983
December 2nd, 2015, 03:46 PM
I am.

Honestly, I still think the Vikings could be scary. That WSU win is the most impressive win in the country. They have a couple smelly loses, but if they can play like they did a against UM and WSU, they can hang with anyone.

Yeah PSU is very scary for me. Of course I am always more of pessimist.

As for W&M playing close to the Dukes anyone can have a bad game. Also that W&M score you posted has nothing to do with Richmond who does have wins over W&M earlier and over JMU. I think they can be very dangerous. I mean pretty much every team has a stinker for a loss. And every team has played a game closer than they should have. Obviously, 3 of the top 4 seeds don't have a stinker loss, but they do have some questionable close games.

PantherRob82
December 2nd, 2015, 04:20 PM
Any given Saturday?

I suspect in the end, the 'Necks will not advance. But something tells me they have enough of a chance that I picked them for the upset.

Have a chance? sure.

Enough to pick them? No way. 2-3 TD underdog.

clenz
December 2nd, 2015, 04:34 PM
That game was significantly closer than the score.

ISUMatt
December 2nd, 2015, 06:10 PM
That game was close
For the 1st 30 minutes, the 2nd 30 minutes was dominated by the Redbirds

ISUMatt

PantherRob82
December 2nd, 2015, 06:43 PM
That game was significantly closer than the score.

That game was close

ISUMatt

This. The second half was not anywhere near close.

Rollbird5
December 2nd, 2015, 07:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSKg1XQ4P9M&feature=youtu.be
Pre-game video

leatherneck177
December 2nd, 2015, 07:05 PM
That game was close

ISUMatt

The 4th quarter was dominated, Necks had the lead in the third quarter. Either way, Redbirds won by 20....so not close. But based on a good portion of that game and a near miss in 2014 I think the Necks make this a game. Not necessarily a win, but close.

PantherRob82
December 2nd, 2015, 07:13 PM
The 4th quarter was dominated, Necks had the lead in the third quarter. Either way, Redbirds won by 20....so not close. But based on a good portion of that game and a near miss in 2014 I think the Necks make this a game. Not necessarily a win, but close.

personally, I think the red bird have trend it up since that game and Western has trend dad down since that game. I just don't see how that makes things anything any better for the Leathernecks

tribefan40
December 3rd, 2015, 09:54 AM

This. There's actually been back channel talks of cancelling the quarterfinal games to give ISUr and NDSU another bye to stay fresh.

tribefan40
December 3rd, 2015, 09:57 AM
Yeah PSU is very scary for me. Of course I am always more of pessimist.

As for W&M playing close to the Dukes anyone can have a bad game. Also that W&M score you posted has nothing to do with Richmond who does have wins over W&M earlier and over JMU. I think they can be very dangerous. I mean pretty much every team has a stinker for a loss. And every team has played a game closer than they should have. Obviously, 3 of the top 4 seeds don't have a stinker loss, but they do have some questionable close games.

PSU seems to have what it takes this year. Will be very interesting to see how/if they progress.

Duquense played out of their minds, but fact of the matter is we should have been able to roll that team even playing as well as they did. Hoping the Tribe team from middle to end of the sseason shows up Saturday.

clenz
December 3rd, 2015, 10:42 AM
personally, I think the red bird have trend it up since that game and Western has trend dad down since that game. I just don't see how that makes things anything any better for the Leathernecks
That game was WIU up by 7 with 6 minutes left on the clock in the third quarter. The game ended with a 65 yard TD pass, a forced fumble that bounced right into an ISUr WR's hands in the endzone, and a 83 yard run by Coprich.

WIU
ILS

FIRST DOWNS

Total

Rushing

Passing

Penalty

RUSHING

Total (Net)

Attempts

Avg. Per Rush

Rushing TDs

Yds. Gained

Yds. Lost

PASSING

Total (Net)

Comp.-Att.-Int.
28-48-0
8-14-0

Avg. / Att.

Avg. / Comp.

TDs

TOTAL OFFENSE

Yards

Plays

Avg. / Play

3rd. Down Conv.
10 of 18
3 of 9

4th. Down Conversions
2 of 3
1 of 2

I know what the score says, but the score doesn't reflect the game. The Redbirds didn't dominate anything, they hit a couple big plays, and grabbed a lucky bounce.

ST_Lawson
December 3rd, 2015, 11:24 AM
I know what the score says, but the score doesn't reflect the game. The Redbirds didn't dominate anything, they hit a couple big plays, and grabbed a lucky bounce.

This.

Minus a couple of big/lucky/weird plays and we would have stayed pretty even the whole game. Obviously you can say that about most games...if this, if that...but in this case...if that fumble happened to bounce another direction and we recover instead of right into the hands of their WR (who's standing at the goal line by himself), then we're only down by 1 score heading back the other way and still very much in the game. Not saying we would have won it, but it was a much closer game than the score indicates.

PantherRob82
December 3rd, 2015, 11:31 AM

Which also shows the Redbirds ability to wear them down and WIU's issues with giving up big plays. :)

clenz
December 3rd, 2015, 11:47 AM
Which also shows the Redbirds ability to wear them down and WIU's issues with giving up big plays. :)
I don't know if you watched the game, it wasn't wearing them down.

A 3 play 77 yard drive capped by a 65 yard TD pass isn't wearing a team down. It was a WR making a play
Coprich busting an 83 yard run isn't wearing a team down.
A fumble bouncing straight to a guy in the endzone isn't wearing them down.

I think ISU wins, but trying to spin that game into something it wasn't because what the final spread ended up at isn't correct

Wearing a team down is what UNI did to EIU.

As for Illinois State trending up since that game...
3 point win over Indiana State
Loss to South Dakota State
Trailed Southern Illinois going into half time
And beat a USD team that had quit playing for a coach that had quit

Since then here's Roberson's stat lines

Comp
Att
%
Yds
TD
INT
Sack
Efficiency

Indiana State

South Dakota State

Southern Illinois

South Dakota

Total

If not for his WR making plays on the hail mary jump balls against SDSU his numbers are worse than god awful. Remember how we felt watching Carnes? Okay, now try to imagine Carnes, but worse.

BisonFan02
December 3rd, 2015, 11:52 AM
Which WIU team is going to show up? The team that beat SDSU or the team that got boat raced by NDSU? That will determine a lot of what happens.

clenz
December 3rd, 2015, 11:55 AM
Also, posting those Roberson numbers makes me even more pissed off that he was voted 1st team all conference.

**** those voters

Professor Chaos
December 3rd, 2015, 11:57 AM
Which WIU team is going to show up? The team that beat SDSU or the team that got boat raced by NDSU? That will determine a lot of what happens.
I think the team that got boat raced by NDSU showed up for the first half last week so hopefully that means that the team that beat SDSU shows up this week.

OSBF
December 3rd, 2015, 12:01 PM
Also, posting those Roberson numbers makes me even more pissed off that he was voted 1st team all conference.

**** those voters

He's a playmaker. Not the traditional stand in the pocket like a statue type "pro" system QB, but the guy makes plays and makes the lights on the scoreboard come on

leatherneck177
December 3rd, 2015, 12:01 PM
PSU seems to have what it takes this year. Will be very interesting to see how/if they progress.

Duquense played out of their minds, but fact of the matter is we should have been able to roll that team even playing as well as they did. Hoping the Tribe team from middle to end of the sseason shows up Saturday.

And just think, Dayton beat that Duquesne team. xcoffeex

BisonFan02
December 3rd, 2015, 12:06 PM

We are going to PFL/NEC comparative scores now? :D

clenz
December 3rd, 2015, 12:10 PM
He's a playmaker. Not the traditional stand in the pocket like a statue type "pro" system QB, but the guy makes plays and makes the lights on the scoreboard come on
Coprich makes the scoreboard change. ISU is winning inspite of Roberson taking the snaps.

Bailey and Roberson are similar QBs...here are Bailey's numbers over the same time

Comp
Att
%
yards
TD
INT
Efficiency

South Dakota State

South Dakota

Indiana State

Missouri State

Southern Illinois

Eastern Illinois

Total

Bailey also has 631 yards rushing and 13 rushing TD over that span

ISU is going to really, really, hurt without Coprich next year. He is that offense.

Rollbird5
December 3rd, 2015, 12:59 PM
I don't know if you watched the game, it wasn't wearing them down.

A 3 play 77 yard drive capped by a 65 yard TD pass isn't wearing a team down. It was a WR making a play
Coprich busting an 83 yard run isn't wearing a team down.
A fumble bouncing straight to a guy in the endzone isn't wearing them down.

I think ISU wins, but trying to spin that game into something it wasn't because what the final spread ended up at isn't correct

I definitely agree that it was a very close game until those plays happened, and that it will be a good close game Saturday.
However, probably about a third of our Touchdowns this year were from big plays from our big playmakers so it's not as if it's unusual for our team to score this way, happens about every game. I think it is kind of wearing a team down since these plays came later in the game as it shows we were wearing down their front 7 and then we finally hit on some of the big plays we are accustomed to because of combination of tired defenders, lack of focus on a play, and our players' skill. Just my opinion tho.

tribefan40
December 3rd, 2015, 01:10 PM

You're not trying hard enough. Should have gone with Dayton beat Jacksonville, who beat Delaware, who beat us. WIU would probably beat W&M in Williamsburg by 10-15 touchdowns.

OSBF
December 3rd, 2015, 01:27 PM
ISU is going to really, really, hurt without Coprich next year. He is that offense.

Next year will be completely different anyway

Roberson and Coprich will both be gone

QB will be a classic pocket passer pro style QB

clenz
December 3rd, 2015, 01:32 PM
If Spack is smart you'll have a new HC too

Professor Chaos
December 3rd, 2015, 01:34 PM
Clenz, I can't click to get to the kitty photos in your signature. What's the deal?

cpacmel
December 3rd, 2015, 01:59 PM
This.

Minus a couple of big/lucky/weird plays and we would have stayed pretty even the whole game. Obviously you can say that about most games...if this, if that...but in this case...if that fumble happened to bounce another direction and we recover instead of right into the hands of their WR (who's standing at the goal line by himself), then we're only down by 1 score heading back the other way and still very much in the game. Not saying we would have won it, but it was a much closer game than the score indicates.

There were breaks both ways. On WIU's last TD of the game, Norvell on 3rd and 5 from the 20 was scrambling for a first down, he fumbles at the 18 forward, 2 ISU players dive for it and miss, and it ends up in the hands of on a WIU OL at the 15. First and ten, Leathernecks.

cpacmel
December 3rd, 2015, 02:06 PM

Totally agree with this.

Next year will be very different as Kolbe does his best Matt Brown imitation

OSBF
December 3rd, 2015, 02:19 PM
Totally agree with this.

Next year will be very different as Kolbe does his best Matt Brown imitation

As long as he impersonates Matt Brown instead of Luke Drone.

clenz
December 3rd, 2015, 02:23 PM
Clenz, I can't click to get to the kitty photos in your signature. What's the deal?
That's photobuckets standard "this image no longer exists" thing, and since my account is private it doesn't link anywhere

cpacmel
December 3rd, 2015, 03:13 PM
As long as he impersonates Matt Brown instead of Luke Drone.

I don't remember Drone being so bad. Sure beats the days of Adrian Wilson and Danny Barnett. xnodx

leatherneck177
December 3rd, 2015, 04:45 PM
We are going to PFL/NEC comparative scores now? :D

Sarcasm from all those reasons on why WIU should not have gotten in.

wmmii
December 3rd, 2015, 10:13 PM
CAA teams hope WIU can pull upset so we have possible home game next weekend!

Redbird 4th & short
December 4th, 2015, 07:58 AM
Coprich makes the scoreboard change. ISU is winning inspite of Roberson taking the snaps.

Bailey and Roberson are similar QBs...here are Bailey's numbers over the same time

Comp
Att
%
yards
TD
INT
Efficiency

South Dakota State

South Dakota

Indiana State

Missouri State

Southern Illinois

Eastern Illinois

Total

Bailey also has 631 yards rushing and 13 rushing TD over that span

Roberson has been playing with and recovering from a significant injury to his right hand suffered in practice before our UNI game. He has been toughing it out and leading us to wins despite this. As for comparisons to Bailey, here are Robersons stats from the last 7 games last season .. Bailey does not hold a candle if Roberson is throwing with a healthy right hand:

Opp .. Pass - Att, Yds, TD - Int, Runs - Yds

YSU .. 16 - 24 , 178, 2 - 1, 12 - 79
USD .. 16 - 29, 226, 1 - 0, 13 - 71
SIU .. 14 - 23, 319, 3 - 0, 12 - 94
UNI .. 22 - 33, 382, 4 - 0, 10 – 37
EWU .. 19 – 24, 206, 2 – 0, 14 – 62
UNH .. 18 – 31, 278, 0 – 0, 12 – 95
NDSU .. 11 – 23, 157, 3 – 1, 11 - 161

Total . 116 - 187, 1745, 15 - 2, 84 - 599

Stat … 62% , 276/gm, 15 yds/catch, 9.3 yds/att, 7.1 yds/ carry, 86 yds/game

clenz
December 4th, 2015, 08:13 AM
Roberson has been playing with and recovering from a significant injury to his right hand suffered in practice before our UNI game. He has been toughing it out and leading us to wins despite this. As for comparisons to Bailey, here are Robersons stats from the last 7 games last season .. Bailey does not hold a candle if Roberson is throwing with a healthy right hand:

Opp .. Pass - Att, Yds, TD - Int, Runs - Yds

YSU .. 16 - 24 , 178, 2 - 1, 12 - 79
USD .. 16 - 29, 226, 1 - 0, 13 - 71
SIU .. 14 - 23, 319, 3 - 0, 12 - 94
UNI .. 22 - 33, 382, 4 - 0, 10 – 37
EWU .. 19 – 24, 206, 2 – 0, 14 – 62
UNH .. 18 – 31, 278, 0 – 0, 12 – 95
NDSU .. 11 – 23, 157, 3 – 1, 11 - 161

Total . 116 - 187, 1745, 15 - 2, 84 - 599

Stat … 62% , 276/gm, 15 yds/catch, 9.3 yds/att, 7.1 yds/ carry, 86 yds/game
Great. Roberson isn't half of that anymore.

If he's too hurt to play then he should step aside.

Roberson is a shell of what he was the first WIU game. He's completing 36% of his passes. Yet he somehow gets named first team and is the reason ISU is winning?

No. The admitted felon is why they are winning

Professor Chaos
December 4th, 2015, 08:21 AM
xpopcornx

https://33.media.tumblr.com/a625dbc5dfe73c495b56953629584b8e/tumblr_n4pgy4kk1z1tv612co2_400.gif

clenz
December 4th, 2015, 08:23 AM
Also, pretty disgusting that our conference willingly named an admitted felon as the conference player of the year.

ISUMatt
December 4th, 2015, 08:33 AM
Chad, I'm worried someone pissed in your Cheerios this morning! LOL

ISUMatt

Redbird 13
December 4th, 2015, 08:52 AM
Also, pretty disgusting that our conference willingly named an admitted felon as the conference player of the year.

The conference definitely should have awarded the past UNI felons. There are many.

Get over yourself and your pathetic agenda.

clenz
December 4th, 2015, 09:48 AM
The conference definitely should have awarded the past UNI felons. There are many.

Get over yourself and your pathetic agenda.
Past UNI felons have been booted from the team

OSBF
December 4th, 2015, 10:13 AM
Bjezzus this thing went sideways while I was away

Rollbird5
December 4th, 2015, 10:18 AM

Well this thread was good now u want to start all this crap again. Just go read the Coprich thread to make yourself happy instead of derailing a WIU vs ISU game thread

ST_Lawson
December 4th, 2015, 10:24 AM
Bjezzus this thing went sideways while I was away

Easy way to reboot any MVFC thread...

http://i.imgur.com/4dFiN3P.jpg

Anyway, the Marching Leathernecks (well...some of them) are making the trip to the game too. They don't have the full band (there's another school of music event going on here tomorrow), so they won't be marching, but they'll be in the stands playing some tunes, cheering for the team, etc. So that'll be fun.

clenz
December 4th, 2015, 10:39 AM
http://www.lawandenvironment.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2015/02/shooting-fish.jpg

Southern Bison
December 4th, 2015, 11:11 AM
Well this thread was good now u want to start all this crap again. Just go read the Coprich thread to make yourself happy instead of derailing a WIU vs ISU game thread
Just accept it...your success this season is due to an admitted drug dealer who should have been bootrd from the team, the school, & in jail.

We're all watching the FCS version of The program...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

leatherneck177
December 4th, 2015, 01:04 PM
Just accept it...your success this season is due to an admitted drug dealer who should have been bootrd from the team, the school, & in jail.

We're all watching the FCS version of The program...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Not even a suspension to boot. Nothing. The bar is set high at ISU, I don't see how they could suspend anyone going forward.

Sycamore62
December 4th, 2015, 01:11 PM
I think they should have given him an award for helping those poor people with their chronic pain and side effects from chemo and allowing regular people to have a better time at parties and fully understand why anyone woulr ever watch "the wall"

REALBird
December 4th, 2015, 01:57 PM
Well he's the OPOY two years running. Doesn't take anything away from his talents, more of a character indictment to me. Once again, I'm a firm believer he should have been suspended at least at least two games minimum. But don't crap on the guys talent and what he's done on the field for what he's done off the field.

You guys are beginning to sound like baseball writers and their feelings toward the players in the steroid era. This too shall pass.

OSBF
December 4th, 2015, 02:19 PM
I almost think this is just a Bloomington/Normal "thing"

Bloomington Central Catholic High School

First thing you see upon walking in the door is the Hall of Fame, consisting of a row of very large portraits of former students, with a corresponding plaque below outlining why the person in so enshrined.

First one you see, immediately upon clearing the entry way, Josh Brent

Can't make this stuff up.

ISUMatt
December 4th, 2015, 02:44 PM
Redbirds pull away and win by 17

ISUMatt

PantherRob82
December 4th, 2015, 02:47 PM
Redbirds by 21

REALBird
December 4th, 2015, 03:32 PM
Redbirds by 10. 34-24. I'd like to think it would be more, but after a couple of weeks off I expect us to come out flat. Plus we haven't just come out and beat anyone start to finish this year except Missouri State and Morgan State. Took a while to get going in the snow vs. USD.

WIU wants to take the next step this game will mean a lot to them if they can win. Expecting a dog fight.

Birds pull away in the 4th Quarter again.

Yote 53
December 4th, 2015, 03:45 PM
Easy way to reboot any MVFC thread...

http://i.imgur.com/4dFiN3P.jpg

Anyway, the Marching Leathernecks (well...some of them) are making the trip to the game too. They don't have the full band (there's another school of music event going on here tomorrow), so they won't be marching, but they'll be in the stands playing some tunes, cheering for the team, etc. So that'll be fun.

Gameday crew is at the Big Ten Championship. I have it on good authority that we may be seeing some Casey's Pizza references in the crowd. Iowans love them some Casey's pizza.

Grizzlies82
December 4th, 2015, 06:51 PM
W. Illinois loses their first real playoff game (wait, is that some reference to N Dakota got screwed?).
Illinois State wins this one handily.

PantherRob82
December 4th, 2015, 07:19 PM
UND sucks.

Grizzlies82
December 4th, 2015, 07:30 PM
UND sucks.

HATER.

Though I sort of agree with you.

Hope to see you guys in Missoula again next weekend. xdrunkyx

BisonFan02
December 4th, 2015, 07:35 PM
UND F'Hawking sucks.

FIFY

Professor Chaos
December 4th, 2015, 07:59 PM
Dartmouth rules!

OSBF
December 4th, 2015, 08:01 PM
Dartmouth rules!

Brown!!!!!!!!!!!!

ST_Lawson
December 4th, 2015, 08:14 PM
San Dimas High School Football RULES!!!

Loyl2u
December 4th, 2015, 08:27 PM
Gameday crew is at the Big Ten Championship. I have it on good authority that we may be seeing some Casey's Pizza references in the crowd. Iowans love them some Casey's pizza.
I'll be picking up a couple of Casey's breakfast pizzas at the Beech st store in Normal on my way to set up the tent in G83 lot. Sounds like great weather for tailgate and game!

PantherRob82
December 4th, 2015, 09:34 PM
HATER.

Though I sort of agree with you.

Hope to see you guys in Missoula again next weekend. xdrunkyx

Wish we could make it if it happened. :(

ISUMatt
December 5th, 2015, 07:04 PM
Redbirds pull away and win by 17

ISUMatt

BOOM!!! Nailed this spot on bitches!! LOL