PDA

View Full Version : Officiating Crew

BigApp
December 12th, 2006, 04:27 PM
Anyone know whom the officials are for the Championship game?

B&G
December 12th, 2006, 04:35 PM
Well, I think Big Sky and A-10 officials are the best that can be offered. Although both could be biased on this game with Mass being A-10 and beating a Big Sky team to get there.

Grizzaholic
December 12th, 2006, 05:08 PM
Well if you ask a Big Sky fan, the Big Sky officials are not the best.

GOKATS
December 12th, 2006, 05:17 PM
Well if you ask a Big Sky fan, the Big Sky officials are not the best.

That's putting it very mildly............................

Big Sky officials might be some of the worst in the country.

Tribe4SF
December 12th, 2006, 05:21 PM
They won't be from the A-10 or SoCon. Probably OVC, Gateway, MEAC or Patriot.

DinoDex200
December 12th, 2006, 05:28 PM
I think it was OVC last year...

Lizzie_ASUband
December 12th, 2006, 05:41 PM
we've def. had some crappy ones this year. it'd be nice to have some impartial ones instead of the ones that showed extreme favoritism this year

JMU_MRD'03-'07
December 12th, 2006, 05:49 PM
I'm going to say this not because I'm biased toward UMass but because I just hate how terrible they are...
I hope its not SoCon refs...

they are just the worst out there end of story.

bobbythekidd
December 12th, 2006, 06:28 PM
I'm going to say this not because I'm biased toward UMass but because I just hate how terrible they are...

I really agree with this, 03-07. SOCON are REAL bad. The A-10, I think are always where the action is, make fair unbiased calls, miss very little, and best of all, don't hold up the action by calling all the BS penalties just to pull the yellow out of their pocket. I have been a fan (maybe fan is too strong), of the A-10 Refs for almost a decade now.
Anyway, Where will the refs be from?

Edit: I just Googled it, and it asked me, do you mean BCS??:bang:

bobbythekidd
December 12th, 2006, 06:43 PM
I called Short's Travel Management, travel agent to the NCAA, they couldn't tell me anything unless I could provide a name. The championship handbook, just says they must be neutral.
http://www.ncaa.org/library/handbooks/football/2006/2006_d1_football_handbook.pdf (page 20)

Anyone else know where to look? I'm tapped.

ASUMountaineer
December 12th, 2006, 06:45 PM

You won't get any arguments from SoCon teams. The refs should be calling pee-wee leaguexidiotx . I sit up top at KBS and could call the game more effectively.

DrG
December 12th, 2006, 10:15 PM
I predict Gateway, although they didn't do us any favors in Montana.

GreenDay17
December 12th, 2006, 10:18 PM
Pray, pray, pray that it is not a Big Sky officiating crew!!!!

B&G
December 12th, 2006, 10:18 PM
I thought the Big Sky officials I have seen were pretty good. Although that is with limited exposure so I would defer to Big Sky fans on that one. I have seen a lot of A-10 games though and they are top notch. SoCon officials are putrid. I wouldn't be shocked to see OVC again this year.

Mr. C
December 12th, 2006, 10:38 PM
I predict Gateway, although they didn't do us any favors in Montana.
I believe that I was told that the Gateway would provide officials for Friday night. I learned on Saturday that the championship game officials go on a rotation basis and it was actually the Gateway's turn last year. But when Northern Iowa made the championship game, they used OVC officials instead. If Youngstown State had made it to the finals, the MEAC would have provided the officials for Friday. As it stands now, the MEAC will be in line to officiate the championship game in 2007 now.

Mr. C
December 12th, 2006, 10:40 PM
I thought the Big Sky officials I have seen were pretty good. Although that is with limited exposure so I would defer to Big Sky fans on that one. I have seen a lot of A-10 games though and they are top notch. SoCon officials are putrid. I wouldn't be shocked to see OVC again this year.
No I-AA/FCS conference seems to have more controversy about officials than the Big Sky Conference. I heard through the grapevine that there were very few complaints/problems with SoCon and Gateway referees in 2006. The supervisors of officials said that it was a very smooth year for both of those leagues.

TexasTerror
December 12th, 2006, 10:44 PM
No I-AA/FCS conference seems to have more controversy about officials than the Big Sky Conference. I heard through the grapevine that there were very few complaints/problems with SoCon and Gateway referees in 2006. The supervisors of officials said that it was a very smooth year for both of those leagues.

What about the SWAC? They seemed to cost Valley the game against Grambling this year. A very questionable call in the Bayou Classic that may have cost the game (I think it was a fumble) and of course, ten minute delay in a PVA&M/Alcorn game on TV when apparently the ref "after reviewing the play" made his decision...that gave the announcers fodder for the rest of the game...

GOKATS
December 12th, 2006, 11:51 PM

Big Sky officials are somewhat opinionated as far as BSC games, but for the most part they are equally inept regardless of who has the ball.

Bison77
December 13th, 2006, 07:50 AM
They sould do what the Bison did for all our home games, hire BIG 10 officials. They usually worked out well. :thumbsup:

bcrawf
December 13th, 2006, 08:44 AM
You won't be disappointed in Gateway officials they usually do a really nice job...

appfan2008
December 13th, 2006, 08:50 AM
SOCON officials suck... I know this was last year but they cost us our last FCS loss at Furman