PDA

View Full Version : Sam Houston State @ McNeese State - 12/5 @ 6pm

Pages : [1] 2

TheEagleSHSU
November 29th, 2015, 08:40 AM
Rematch in the hole! Better weather this go round, gonna be a hell of a game!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

katstrapper
November 29th, 2015, 09:21 AM

Will be interesting to see if Keeler can pull off the playoff magic again.

Daytripper
November 29th, 2015, 09:28 AM
Will be interesting to see if Keeler can pull off the playoff magic again.

I'm not sure what kind of magic he conjured with Delaware, but Keeler sold his soul at the crossroads or something based on how he wins playoff games with SHSU....

TheEagleSHSU
November 29th, 2015, 09:47 AM
Since we are the reigning big fluffy champions, we might as well go get our SLC championship back.

IBleedYellow
November 29th, 2015, 09:54 AM
Since we are the reigning big fluffy champions, we might as well go get our SLC championship back.

It's funny.

You guys hang your hat on being the Big Sky champs... But that's never got ya a National Title.

Should NDSU claim to be the four time defending Missouri Valley, Southland, CAA, Big Sky and SoCon Champions as well as the National Champions?

Enough of that "Big Sky Champions" crap.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

LuckyKat
November 29th, 2015, 09:55 AM
GIMME THE TROPHYS!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

It's funny.

You guys hang your hat on being the Big Sky champs... But that's never got ya a National Title.

Should NDSU claim to be the four time defending Missouri Valley, Southland, CAA, Big Sky and SoCon Champions as well as the National Champions?

Relaaaaxxx chopper, have a cream soda or something.....

crossfire07
November 29th, 2015, 09:56 AM

always next year :)

crossfire07
November 29th, 2015, 10:09 AM
Just for you Nickels :)

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p117/fxdci/McNeese/desktop.jpg

TheEagleSHSU
November 29th, 2015, 10:10 AM
always next year :)

Indeed.

katstrapper
November 29th, 2015, 11:11 AM
It's funny.

The SHSU Athletic Director is the one that likes to blow his horn on winning Commissioners Cups, CO-Conference Championships and National Championship Runner Up. Its always my belief that second place is the first place loser.

Its time for Sam Houston to step up to the plate and win the whole enchilada !! Second place sucks !!

FormerPokeCenter
November 29th, 2015, 12:30 PM

"The Hole" is capitalized. It's one of life's many truisms on so many different levels...

Schism55
November 29th, 2015, 01:20 PM
Haha. Is Mcneese stadium that bad?
Used to call St Cloud St stadium the prison, worst college stadium ever.

BEAR
November 29th, 2015, 01:32 PM
What the at the frick does that say! Feel like I'm trying to read Mr. Chickens garble....xlolx

centennial
November 29th, 2015, 01:35 PM
What the at the frick does that say! Feel like I'm trying to read Mr. Chickens garble....xlolx
The road to Frisco goes though McNeese.

pokefan02
November 29th, 2015, 03:08 PM
What's the matter, you can't read french. It's spelled out plain as day.😏

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

McNeese75
November 29th, 2015, 03:54 PM

Well, it is a real football stadium, not a reconfigured concert hall or rodeo arena.

crossfire07
November 29th, 2015, 04:01 PM
You gotta remember, he is north of 190 :)

McNeese72
November 29th, 2015, 04:19 PM

No, the stadium playing surface is down below ground level. Actually, it is actually below sea level. The players sometime back nicknamed it "The Hole" and that nickname has stuck.

melloware13
November 29th, 2015, 04:54 PM
I'm not sure what kind of magic he conjured with Delaware, but Keeler sold his soul at the crossroads or something based on how he wins playoff games with SHSU....
Keeler's recipe at UD was: 1. Transfer QB, 2. Beat a D-II (West Chester), 3. Be bracketed with Northern Iowa, 4. Hope you end with a PL team otherwise you lose at the end

TheEagleSHSU
November 29th, 2015, 05:26 PM
"The Hole" is capitalized. It's one of life's many truisms on so many different levels...

I didn't capitalize it for a reason, I figured one of you Nancy's would get butt hurt.

crossfire07
November 29th, 2015, 06:11 PM
So your saying your kats got beat by girls? lol

FormerPokeCenter
November 29th, 2015, 07:08 PM
I guess it should come as no surprise that a fan of Jumpsuit Orange wouldn't hold anything called The Hole in very high regard.

You guys probably equate that with punishment. I suppose that association works on a number of levels, too..

crossfire07
November 29th, 2015, 07:50 PM
You guys probably equate that with punishment.
So that's where he gets the term butt hurt from. He's been punished anally.

Sam_Kats
November 30th, 2015, 08:56 AM
Oh well, it was a good season for the Kats. Boys should be proud.

msupokes1
November 30th, 2015, 10:18 AM
Oh well, it was a good season for the Kats. Boys should be proud.

You cant sandbag the sandbaggers. Good try though.

Sam_Kats
November 30th, 2015, 10:29 AM
No, I'm just saying the 5th consecutive playoff appearance PLUS keeping the unbeaten playoff streak @ home alive...barely, thanks to a non-PI call is a very good accomplishment for a program who has been on hard times. A 9-3 record before getting blown out AGAIN by the Pokes is something KCK can brag to his transfer recruits about.

Kats will return 8/11 on defense & 7/11 on offense including Off POY, 1st team RB & last year's Fresh of the Year. 2016 will be an exciting year for rebuilding Sam Houston.

Fantastic year. KUDOS.

Daytripper
November 30th, 2015, 11:12 AM
Our team is just beat to hell. Injuries everywhere....and the Cowboys are relatively healthy. Next man up.

Bearkat 41
November 30th, 2015, 11:20 AM
This should be a great game. McNeese defense has obviously been fantastic all year and the Kats have something to prove after being held to 3 points from the offensive side of the ball a few weeks ago.

Personally I would be surprised if the cowboys are able to shut out the Bearkat offense again the way the did previously. If they do then there isn't much to do other than pack up the pads and get ready for spring practice.

FormerPokeCenter
November 30th, 2015, 12:41 PM
Our team is just beat to hell. Injuries everywhere....and the Cowboys are relatively healthy. Next man up.

The sandbagging force is strong with you, young Padowan Learner...Pay attention to Doc you should. Sand Bagging excellence you'll find...

crossfire07
November 30th, 2015, 12:53 PM
The Kat's offensively didn't score any points. Special teams and the defense got your points. I know it will be different this time tho.

McNeese72
November 30th, 2015, 01:55 PM
I don't care how many people that might be injured, we haven't exactly had a stellar record when we play people for a second time in the playoffs (or lately, for a first time, too).

Also, I bet some of those injuries from the SUU game will be miraculously healed by the time the Bearkats get to Lake Charles. I just hope we can luck out a second time against their offense.

Doc

Daytripper
November 30th, 2015, 01:59 PM
I don't care how many people that might be injured, we haven't exactly had a stellar record when we play people for a second time in the playoffs (or lately, for a first time, too).

Also, I bet some of those injuries from the SUU game will be miraculously healed by the time the Bearkats get to Lake Charles. I just hope we can luck out a second time against their offense.

Doc

Are you typing this from the beach as you are filling up all of those extra sand bags???xrolleyesx

McNeese72
November 30th, 2015, 02:03 PM
Are you typing this from the beach as you are filling up all of those extra sand bags???xrolleyesx

Which of my statements wasn't factual??? :-)

Doc

McNeese75
November 30th, 2015, 02:41 PM
No, I'm just saying the 5th consecutive playoff appearance PLUS keeping the unbeaten playoff streak @ home alive...barely, thanks to a non-PI call is a very good accomplishment for a program who has been on hard times. A 9-3 record before getting blown out AGAIN by the Pokes is something KCK can brag to his transfer recruits about.

Kats will return 8/11 on defense & 7/11 on offense including Off POY, 1st team RB & last year's Fresh of the Year. 2016 will be an exciting year for rebuilding Sam Houston.

Fantastic year. KUDOS.

Damn, I guess that means the Kats will be picked #1 again at the SLC Media days next August. I do not think the Pokes return any starters next year but will be going with all freshmen HS recruits. :( Heaven help us from the orange plague of the west.

Sam_Kats
November 30th, 2015, 02:46 PM
but will be going with all freshmen HS recruits

Must be nice...we have to depend on reject FBS players who couldn't play for Big XII & SEC schools.

Daytripper
November 30th, 2015, 02:58 PM
Which of my statements wasn't factual??? :-)

Doc

First, you don't need luck. You have a great defense. Second, I am just basing my assumption of the sandbagging on the reputation of the author...xbowx

TheRevSFA
November 30th, 2015, 03:01 PM
One day, I hope to sandbag as well as Doc

FormerPokeCenter
November 30th, 2015, 04:06 PM

Doc

Not only that, but we still don't have a vertical passing game...

Or a lateral passing game...

Okay...okay....We don't have ANY Passing game, really.

I don't think the Binturongs are going to worry much about us trying to go deep...

Sam_Kats
November 30th, 2015, 04:09 PM
trying to go deep...

On your Louisiana cousin or we still talking foosball??

FormerPokeCenter
November 30th, 2015, 04:23 PM

What's with this cousin fixation that all you Prison Bitches seem to have? Two different message boards and several threads and it seems to be the only thing you guys talk about...

What the hell??

You guys probably just got used to treating your family reunion furloughs like conjugal visit days....

caribbeanhen
November 30th, 2015, 04:32 PM
Not only that, but we still don't have a vertical passing game...

Or a lateral passing game...

Okay...okay....We don't have ANY Passing game, really.

careful, your starting to sound like a Delaware fan

Sammy94
November 30th, 2015, 04:37 PM
careful, your starting to sound like a Delaware fan

So they do still have fans?

Sam_Kats
November 30th, 2015, 04:37 PM
Prison

Speaking of beating a dead horse...

Back to the game, we have a line.

Cowboys -3
o/u 50

FormerPokeCenter
November 30th, 2015, 05:18 PM

You're thinking about it all wrong. It's not animal cruelty. It's name brand recognition.

When somebody says Prison Bitch, people understandably think "Sam Houston State"....And when people say "Sam Houston State" invariably the visceral reaction is "Prison Bitches!"...or "grossly overcompensatory statutes!"

It's like saying Coke instead of Cola, or Xerox instead of Copy.

You guys should capitalize on it. After all, the Jumpsuit Orange color scheme is tailor made for it!

caribbeanhen
November 30th, 2015, 05:49 PM
So they do still have fans?

most are wearing Sammy Orange these days

Ivytalk
November 30th, 2015, 06:45 PM
Cowboys 27, Inmates 20.

TheRevSFA
November 30th, 2015, 08:03 PM
I'm giving it to mcneese. Sam realistically shouldn't have beat SUU, SUU shot themselves in the foot

sway clap clap 28
convicts 17

McNeese75
November 30th, 2015, 08:23 PM

Back to the game, we have a line.

Cowboys -3
o/u 50

Are you sure you are not looking back at the Nov 7th line?????

crossfire07
November 30th, 2015, 08:45 PM
It will change to Sam -7 by game time. We don't have a passing game. Sams' throwing hand issues from last year have returned. After he went out last year he came back in for a play and fumbled so we don't wanna see that again.Our back up is a cripple. Both knees been cut on. wtf else can we do but hand the ball off? be hard to defend that huh?!?!? Glad its going to be on tv so I can cut the ugly off.

Sam_Kats
November 30th, 2015, 09:18 PM
Positive. MSU -3.5 now

I'll be at the ranch w no service & basic package DirecTV so it won't hurt so bad since I can't watch them lose live.

crossfire07
November 30th, 2015, 10:50 PM
The video feed on espn3 is delayed so I get a msg on my phone when someone scores or something happens before its shown so when y'all go up 3 td's I wont have to watch it being scored because I'll turn it off :)

crossfire07
November 30th, 2015, 10:52 PM
I wish I was as enthusiastic as this guy. He actually makes me want to go endure another playoff loss:

https://youtu.be/i_iLyxCtqDc?t=7

BearKatProud
December 1st, 2015, 06:44 AM
You're thinking about it all wrong. It's not animal cruelty. It's name brand recognition.

When somebody says Prison Bitch, people understandably think "Sam Houston State"....And when people say "Sam Houston State" invariably the visceral reaction is "Prison Bitches!"...or "grossly overcompensatory statutes!"

It's like saying Coke instead of Cola, or Xerox instead of Copy.

You guys should capitalize on it. After all, the Jumpsuit Orange color scheme is tailor made for it!

The really cool part is that one of the official mcneese colors is yellow. A demonstration of both their courage and the color of the flag that wins their games.

BearKatProud
December 1st, 2015, 06:53 AM
I'm giving it to mcneese. Sam realistically shouldn't have beat SUU, SUU shot themselves in the foot

sway clap clap 28
convicts 17

Rev, you're smarter than that, first round is not always the best indicator...

2011: SHSU wins first round by 7 points (makes Frisco)
2012: SHSU wins first round by 2 points (makes Frisco)
2014: SHSU wins first round by 4 points (makes semis)

And in 2013, when SHSU won the first round by 31 points...they lost in the 2nd round.

Speaking of history, when was the last mcneese win in any round?

MR. CHICKEN
December 1st, 2015, 07:25 AM
Keeler's recipe at UD was: 1. Transfer QB, 2. Beat a D-II (West Chester), 3. Be bracketed with Northern Iowa, 4. Hope you end with a PL team otherwise you lose at the end

.......NOT FAIR..xsmhx...APP STATE BEAT MICHIGAN...FO' God's SAKE.....WE DREW...MEAC ZEEBS!.......AN' UH ERRANT CHAIN GAIN..FO' 'NOTHERAH........LOST UH D-III.....WHEN CLOCK OPERATOR.....FO'GOT TA WIND DUH MICKEY......xcoolx......BROCK!

McNeese72
December 1st, 2015, 07:42 AM
The really cool part is that one of the official mcneese colors is yellow. A demonstration of both their courage and the color of the flag that wins their games.

Official colors are Royal Blue and Sunflower Gold not yellow. If you want Blue and Yellow, go talk the SDSU guys. They get upset if you call their yellow gold.

BEAR
December 1st, 2015, 07:55 AM
Official colors are Royal Blue and Sunflower Gold not yellow. If you want Blue and Yellow, go talk the SDSU guys. They get upset if you call their yellow gold.

Sunflower gold? We really do have a messed up conference of misfits.

5 Louisiana schools
4 purple teams.
3 kinds of cats.
2 birds
and an island and a pirate!

msupokes1
December 1st, 2015, 08:07 AM
Rev, you're smarter than that, first round is not always the best indicator...

2011: SHSU wins first round by 7 points (makes Frisco)
2012: SHSU wins first round by 2 points (makes Frisco)
2014: SHSU wins first round by 4 points (makes semis)

And in 2013, when SHSU won the first round by 31 points...they lost in the 2nd round.

Speaking of history, when was the last mcneese win in any round?

McNeese's last playoff win might have been a long time ago but their last victory over SHSU wasn't that long ago.xnodx Most of the players on this team were not on any of those teams that lost playoff games.

McNeese has played SHSU 13 times since our last playoff win and has won 9 of those contest to 4 losses. So even though our domination of the playoffs might be lacking, our domination of the mighty bearkats still exist.

FormerPokeCenter
December 1st, 2015, 08:19 AM

Actually, the really cool part about this is that you've got the courage to open your mouth about flags after you escaped SUU because of one.

On second thought, that's not courage, it's simply a lack of situational awareness...

Sam_Kats
December 1st, 2015, 08:21 AM
Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... ..................tough guy.

This is getting MANLY.

FormerPokeCenter
December 1st, 2015, 08:27 AM
Well, we can't have the conversation turning manly...

Sam Houston fans wouldn't be able to participate in a substantive manner.

You guys have a nice overcompensatory statute, though. At least you got that going for ya...

FormerPokeCenter
December 1st, 2015, 08:31 AM
It's kinda like the Southeastern Fans all decided to wear Orange this week or something. Same tenuous grasp on reality. Same twisted logic.

Apparently, Orange is the New Green & Gold.

Sam_Kats
December 1st, 2015, 08:39 AM
Hmmmmmmmmmmm...acting like a 6th grader doesn't sound too appealing to me. But have fun.

Good luck to both teams. Great for the SLC & great for FCS football. Eat 'em up!

msupokes1
December 1st, 2015, 08:45 AM

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...acting like a 6th grader doesn't sound too appealing to me. But have fun.

Good luck to both teams. Great for the SLC & great for FCS football. Eat 'em up!

Interesting that you now decide that acting like a 6th grader isn't appealing.

Sam_Kats
December 1st, 2015, 09:46 AM
A jab or two having fun on the intertron is a bit different than constantly making a farting noise with your hand/armpit...that was point. Anywho.........enjoy the game.

Well, we can't have the conversation turning manly...

Sam Houston fans wouldn't be able to participate in a substantive manner.

You guys have a nice overcompensatory statute, though. At least...

Actually, the really cool part about this is that you've got the courage to open your mouth about flags after you escaped SUU because of one.

On second thought, that's not courage, it's simply a...

When somebody says Prison Bitch, people understandably think "Sam Houston State"....And when people say...

I guess it should come as no surprise that a fan of Jumpsuit Orange wouldn't hold anything called The Hole in very high regard.

You guys probably equate that with punishment. I suppose that...

YoUDeeMan
December 1st, 2015, 09:52 AM
GIMME THE TROPHYS!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Great movie. xlolx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_MSg8CyvEM

msupokes1
December 1st, 2015, 10:06 AM
A jab or two having fun on the intertron is a bit different than constantly making a farting noise with your hand/armpit...that was point. Anywho.........enjoy the game.

I understand where you are coming from. I do enjoy your post. You seem like a very logical fan. Hope it is a great game and it looks like the weather will be fantastic. Hit me up if you plan on attending the game. We will be tailgating Friday and Saturday.

BEAR
December 1st, 2015, 10:50 AM
I understand where you are coming from. I do enjoy your post. You seem like a very logical fan. Hope it is a great game and it looks like the weather will be fantastic. Hit me up if you plan on attending the game. We will be tailgating Friday and Saturday.

Don't listen to him Kats! They tailgate and fill you up with free beer and gumbo then make ambigous statements that favor their team and you end up agreeing with most of it because ....well, you're too drunk to know what the heck they are seauxying....xlolx Then they take out their cameras and take pictures with you at their tailgate....

It's a trap...don't deaux it! xlolx

FormerPokeCenter
December 1st, 2015, 11:58 AM

So fundamentally, it's okay if you jab, but not okay if the other guy does?

That Southeastern comparison might be more accurate than I realized...

DirtyDukes
December 1st, 2015, 12:27 PM
Sorry Pokes, I'm rootin' fer Kats here

McNeese72
December 1st, 2015, 01:17 PM
Sorry Pokes, I'm rootin' fer Kats here

Awwww, you just want another home game. !!!!! We still both have a game to play, though!!

Doc

theEDOGG
December 1st, 2015, 01:44 PM

How about "McNeese BLEAUX!!!"

GIMME THE TROPHYS!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

McNeese72
December 1st, 2015, 01:48 PM
How about "McNeese BLEAUX!!!"

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

This thread is getting down right sophomoric with **** like this!!!

Doc

crossfire07
December 1st, 2015, 02:03 PM
constantly making a farting noise with your hand/armpit

Been to your board lately?

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2015, 05:34 PM
It's kinda like the Southeastern Fans all decided to wear Orange this week or something. Same tenuous grasp on reality. Same twisted logic.

Apparently, Orange is the New Blue & Gold.

edited the editor

FormerPokeCenter
December 1st, 2015, 05:37 PM
LOL...so first SHSU imports a Delaware coach to do the heavy lifting....now they import Delaware fans to handle the message board work! ;)

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2015, 05:41 PM
lots of Hen fans have started talking like MR CHICKEN as well, just to get in the spirit of Texas and the new team

TheRevSFA
December 1st, 2015, 06:58 PM
Should be a good tailgate for Sam. I mean, they're tailgating in a salon parking lot. They can get their hair done and some Mani/pedis

FormerPokeCenter
December 1st, 2015, 07:03 PM
Maybe their tailgate crew should all get salmon colored shirts for this one?

Bearkat 41
December 1st, 2015, 07:15 PM
Should be a good tailgate for Sam. I mean, they're tailgating in a salon parking lot. They can get their hair done and some Mani/pedis

It will be awesome. Much better than the Lumberjack tailgate this weekend.

BearKatProud
December 1st, 2015, 07:52 PM
LOL...so first SHSU imports a Delaware coach to do the heavy lifting....now they import Delaware fans to handle the message board work! ;)

Funny...didn't see you here last December...or the one before that...

But perhaps actual success in the playoffs translates to a larger fan base. I can appreciate why you can't understand.

BearKatProud
December 1st, 2015, 07:56 PM
All kidding aside, much respect to McNeese and their fans. Great team and great fans. Sad that they pitted the only 2 SLC schools in the 2nd round.

Best of luck Saturday.

FormerPokeCenter
December 1st, 2015, 08:24 PM

But perhaps actual success in the playoffs translates to a larger fan base. I can appreciate why you can't understand.

Wait, what?

Thirty years in the conference, with one small noteworthy run of consistency (when McNeese was uncharacteristically "down") and suddenly they're experts on relevancy?

LOL...Millenials and their sense of entitlement...Gotta love 'em ;)

msupokes1
December 1st, 2015, 08:49 PM

That's funny. FPC has been a member since 2006 and has over 6,000 post a while you have been a member since 2014 with 41 post and you are going to talk to us about success in the playoffs translates to a larger fan base. Those, like yourself, are called bandwagon fans. Fans like FPC and many others are here through thick and thin. Not just when our team has a little playoff success.

FormerPokeCenter
December 1st, 2015, 09:10 PM
LOL, he was on a roll. I wasn't gonna ruin that with any references to reality! ;)

crossfire07
December 2nd, 2015, 05:42 AM
Thirty years in the conference, with one small noteworthy run of consistency (when McNeese was uncharacteristically "down") and suddenly they're experts on relevancy?

30 years and just now breaking the lifetime .500 barrier!

Sammy94
December 2nd, 2015, 09:49 AM
Very good read about the matchup.

https://zemsgems.wordpress.com/

bluehenbillk
December 2nd, 2015, 10:06 AM

Our team is as deep in the dumpster as it's ever been so some UD fans "adopt" the Kats in the postseason :)

katstrapper
December 2nd, 2015, 11:00 AM
Very good read about the matchup.

https://zemsgems.wordpress.com/

Not sure why he says Kats didn't run ball much in the last game. Offense ran the ball 36 times for 180yds for a 5yd average, which doubled what McNeese defense has been allowing this season. I look for offense to load up the running game.
I read somewhere earlier in week that Avery's injury in SUU game wasn't as bad as it appeared and could play, but we will see on Saturday. Avery is the key to the running game.

Sammy94
December 2nd, 2015, 11:43 AM
I read somewhere earlier in week that Avery's injury in SUU game wasn't as bad as it appeared and could play, but we will see on Saturday. Avery is the key to the running game.

He will play.

McNeese72
December 2nd, 2015, 12:33 PM
After reading Zem's Gems, I just hope we can at least keep the game close the first half.

Doc

Daytripper
December 2nd, 2015, 12:41 PM
After reading Zem's Gems, I just hope we can at least keep the game close the first half.

Doc

https://media.giphy.com/media/c453ypM8rqm1a/giphy.gif

crossfire07
December 2nd, 2015, 12:43 PM
So the d gave up the yards but kept y'all 1.1 point under what they had been giving up. I'd be ok with giving up 500 yards rushing and no td's.

BEAR
December 2nd, 2015, 02:09 PM

Doc

http://www.atypicallyrelevant.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/facepalm-bear.jpg

Samalum'10
December 2nd, 2015, 03:09 PM
Is that...... Is that a SFA fan? I'll be damned, I haven't seen y'all since Oct. 3rd!

Sammy94
December 2nd, 2015, 03:21 PM
I haven't seen y'all since Oct. 3rd!

They have been getting pumped up about the national television appearance by their...............band. xrotatehx

Nickels
December 2nd, 2015, 03:58 PM
Not sure why he says Kats didn't run ball much in the last game. Offense ran the ball 36 times for 180yds for a 5yd average, which doubled what McNeese defense has been allowing this season. I look for offense to load up the running game.
Any word on Overstreet, Jackson or JJ?

Sammy94
December 2nd, 2015, 04:47 PM
Any word on Overstreet, Jackson or JJ?

Jared and Jalen are good to go, Jackson a big ? mark

crossfire07
December 2nd, 2015, 04:59 PM
True statement doc. Your photo taking will prob be over by halftime.

McNeese72
December 2nd, 2015, 05:19 PM
True statement doc. Your photo taking will prob be over by halftime.

I can always take photos of Bearkat highlights. ;)

Doc

katstrapper
December 2nd, 2015, 07:17 PM
Jared and Jalen are good to go, Jackson a big ? mark

I was at game last week and saw him back in the game a couple of series after he had left. They probably pulled him in second half to be precautionary. Kats definitely need him on that left side.

McNeese75
December 2nd, 2015, 07:40 PM
We all know everyone will be on board for the Kats come Saturday. This injury mystery being spread by PHD Keeler is BS xcoffeex

FormerPokeCenter
December 2nd, 2015, 09:00 PM
Yep....this weekend will be the Battle for the Big Piece of Chicken...

When Dad's away, the oldest teenager often tries to sit at the head of the table, and help himselves to the big piece of chicken, lording that over the other teens.

Mom just smiles and laughs, knowing it's gonna be different when Dad gets back.

We haven't been around much lately, but Daddy's gonna be home for supper on Saturday. We'll see whether or not Sammy's as all growed up as he thinks he is and whether he gets the Big Piece of Chicken....or....if he's gonna get sent over to the kid's table with a wing... ;)

Nickels
December 2nd, 2015, 09:52 PM
We all know everyone will be on board for the Kats come Saturday. This injury mystery being spread by PHD Keeler is BS xcoffeex
It apparently wasn't too much BS. We were losing late in a playoff game and Avery & Overstreet never saw the field again. JJ only went in for one hand-off. I don't think Keeler, or any other coach, would hold a player out when the season is on the line and the team is down.

McNeese75
December 2nd, 2015, 11:16 PM
It apparently wasn't too much BS. We were losing late in a playoff game and Avery & Overstreet never saw the field again. JJ only went in for one hand-off. I don't think Keeler, or any other coach, would hold a player out when the season is on the line and the team is down.

I was referring to this weeks game. They will all be playing.

Stonewall D
December 2nd, 2015, 11:30 PM
Cowboys 27, Inmates 20.
Now that is funny. Good one Ivy talk.

Daytripper
December 3rd, 2015, 10:22 AM

When Dad's away, the oldest teenager often tries to sit at the head of the table, and help himselves to the big piece of chicken, lording that over the other teens.

We haven't been around much lately, but Daddy's gonna be home for supper on Saturday. We'll see whether or not Sammy's as all growed up as he thinks he is and whether he gets the Big Piece of Chicken....or....if he's gonna get sent over to the kid's table with a wing... ;)

Sam is not the oldest teenager while daddy is away. Sam is the Sancho who is tapping sweet momma senseless while daddy was away.....

MR. CHICKEN
December 3rd, 2015, 10:50 AM

.........xeekx.....EAT MO' BEEF!.....xeekx.....................xcoolx....BRAW K!

FormerPokeCenter
December 3rd, 2015, 03:49 PM
Sam is not the oldest teenager while daddy is away. Sam is the Sancho who is tapping sweet momma senseless while daddy was away.....

LOL...Sammie's been hiding in Momma SLC's skirt ruffles for 30 some odd years now, and now his Oedipal issues make him think he's been Momma's side piece?

LOL, no wonder the rest of your fan base has been obsessed with Coital Couplings with Cousins on the message boards this week...

Now, suddenly, the decision to build a prison in Huntsville makes PERFECT sense... ;)

FormerPokeCenter
December 3rd, 2015, 03:50 PM
Pre-game ticket sales crested 8,000 today...factoring in tomorrow and Saturday walk-up sales....I'm thinking it should be a packed house!

Daytripper
December 3rd, 2015, 04:01 PM
Pre-game ticket sales crested 8,000 today...factoring in tomorrow and Saturday walk-up sales....I'm thinking it should be a packed house!

I've got mine. Me, the wife and my little 8 year old Bearkat.

pokefan02
December 3rd, 2015, 07:54 PM
The McNeese ticket office said that Sam Houston requested 600 tickets

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Bearkats94
December 3rd, 2015, 08:21 PM
Man I wish I could make this game but I am swamp making horse shoes art. It's crazy now! I will have the on ksam and on loud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kakat10
December 4th, 2015, 06:21 AM
What's with this cousin fixation that all you Prison Bitches seem to have? Two different message boards and several threads and it seems to be the only thing you guys talk about...

What the hell??

You guys probably just got used to treating your family reunion furloughs like conjugal visit days....

Sounds like somebody struck a got dam nerve with this poor soul... I bet he's proud of her cause she's got all of her teeth. The part time psychologist needs to go see a gynecologist cause he's got some bleeding on this post... Like we haven't heard prison jokes before. Give me a break. The only thing related to the Kats and prison this weekend is gonna be the prison style beat down the Kats put on your pokes. Get ready and read your psychology books cause the Kats are bout to shatter your pathetic Louisiana world.

McNeese75
December 4th, 2015, 09:05 AM
Sounds like somebody struck a got dam nerve with this poor soul... I bet he's proud of her cause she's got all of her teeth. The part time psychologist needs to go see a gynecologist cause he's got some bleeding on this post... Like we haven't heard prison jokes before. Give me a break. The only thing related to the Kats and prison this weekend is gonna be the prison style beat down the Kats put on your pokes. Get ready and read your psychology books cause the Kats are bout to shatter your pathetic Louisiana world.

And what position will you be playing tomorrow to back up your BS tough guy? Will you be arriving on the student bus or at home with the parents watching the game on your laptop? xcoffeex

Stonewall D
December 4th, 2015, 09:26 AM
Y'all are definitely not the wine and cheese crowd. Keep up the talk. May the best team win.

FormerPokeCenter
December 4th, 2015, 09:28 AM

I agree that there are some pretty profoundly struck nerves on this thread. I gotta say, though, that I'm flattered.

A circumspect guy like you, with three years on AGS and 19 total posts, choosing to make MY post as the subject of your first 2015 responsive reply??

Holy Struck Nerve SCORE, Batman!

So you're telling me that out of all of the commentary about Sam Houston this year, MY post was the only one worth responding to? And you're clearly referring to the commentary offered on Katfans, so the take-away here is that the Katfans commentary angered you so much that you felt compelled to come to AGS, log in, search out my comment and then reply to it?

One doesn't have to have a handy copy of the DSM-5, or to be an FBI profiler to see that I'm not the one having the emotional heavy flow day ;)

Daytripper
December 4th, 2015, 10:01 AM
Y'all are definitely not the wine and cheese crowd. Keep up the talk. May the best team win.

You might be surprised.. I can go wine and cheese, margaritas and nachos, or beer and hamburgers, depending on the company.. McNeese, though, is straight moonshine and gumbo.....which ain't bad either.

McNeese75
December 4th, 2015, 10:13 AM
You might be surprised.. I can go wine and cheese, margaritas and nachos, or beer and hamburgers, depending on the company.. McNeese, though, is straight moonshine and gumbo.....which ain't bad either.

xrolleyesx Wrong state Bub

McNeese72
December 4th, 2015, 10:16 AM
xrolleyesx Wrong state Bub

My preference would be Crown Royal and 7 and jambalaya with that. And, of course, for desert, a Monkeyshine frozen drink from the Frosty Factory across the street from the tailgating area.

Doc

Daytripper
December 4th, 2015, 10:20 AM
My preference would be Crown Royal and 7 and jambalaya with that. And, of course, for desert, a Monkeyshine frozen drink from the Frosty Factory across the street from the tailgating area.

Doc

Love of Crown Royal is something Texans and Cajuns can certainly agree on....

https://media.giphy.com/media/By4lj4NVbsL9C/giphy.gif

FormerPokeCenter
December 4th, 2015, 10:23 AM
Two of the three "Cajuns" on this thread are from Texas...

Compared to McNeese 75, the rest of us are all Yankees anyway...

Sammy94
December 4th, 2015, 10:31 AM

I had a large frozen crown and 7 from Frosty before the last game, I just love that place.

McNeese75
December 4th, 2015, 02:33 PM
I had a large frozen crown and 7 from Frosty before the last game, I just love that place.

You Sir have good taste xdrunkyx

(crap, that sounded like TriPod )

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2015, 02:49 PM
If I had to pick just one game to watch tomorrow, this one would be it!

Prediction: McNeese 28
Sammy 24

crossfire07
December 4th, 2015, 04:17 PM
If they score 24 points then our defense will have its second worst game of the year since they are only giving up 11 points a game but then again we are playing a man with a PHd

Sammy94
December 4th, 2015, 04:24 PM
If we score 24 we win.

Sammy94
December 4th, 2015, 04:28 PM
If they score 24 points then our defense will have its second worst game of the year since they are only giving up 11 points a game but then again we are playing a man with a PHd

Plus not all scoring has to be done on the defense. Sams is good for one TD to the guys in orange if we can make him throw.

Bearkat 41
December 4th, 2015, 04:49 PM

I would be shocked if you hold us under 21.

The ineptitude of our offensive coordinator though does make it a real possibility. Hopefully this time around we won't just run up the gut on 3rd and 1 and fourth and 1 which played a significant role in killing the Kats offensive efforts last time. The cowboy coaches had to be scratching their heads when the Kats kept going to the well and the pokes kept stuffing it.

McNeese defense is good. But as a Kat fan I have to believe we will right the ship as compared to the first meeting.

Should be a good one.

crossfire07
December 4th, 2015, 05:56 PM
Funny how the only time your OC gets ragged is when the game against us comes up. Why would you be shocked when you was held to 10 and no offensive points last time? After going 15-46 and 5.1 yards a pass last week, I'm glad y'all can't talk about our passing game anymore. I just hope its a clean game and nobody gets hurt.

FormerPokeCenter
December 4th, 2015, 06:07 PM
Funny how the only time your OC gets ragged is when the game against us comes up. Why would you be shocked when you was held to 10 and no offensive points last time? After going 15-46 and 5.1 yards a pass last week, I'm glad y'all can't talk about our passing game anymore. I just hope its a clean game and nobody gets hurt.

We have a passing game?

When did that **** happen?????

Grizzlies82
December 4th, 2015, 06:36 PM
I'm taking the undefeated team in this one. Sorry Sam. Should be a good game though.

crossfire07
December 4th, 2015, 07:12 PM
No J, we don't have a damn passing game. I was being sarcastic. A passing game?!?! Ha ha

Bearkat 41
December 4th, 2015, 09:12 PM

So you think it is a smart play call to try and run up the middle against one of the best defenses in the country? Not just that, but trying it over and over is kind of ignorant. If we were facing a big sky defense maybe, but against the McNeese defense it was just plain dumb.

Obviously shsu has averaged huge offensive numbers so ragging on the oc might seem strange, but when you watch us play you can't help but scratch your head at times with our play calling. I lost all confidence in Longo last year when we ran for 200+ yards in the first quarter against nwla and we immediately went three series without a running play and the game fell apart.

The larger point I was making is that McNeese is too good to simply roll the ball out and assume you will beat your opponent. We are going to need to actually have a gameplan against the pokes defense.

Bearkat 41
December 4th, 2015, 09:16 PM
Also I would be shocked because I personally don't think the Cowboys will be able to duplicate the effort from last game. I could be wrong, but I am a Bearkat fan who has watched what our offense is capable of doing. And I am of the belief that we can and will score closer to our average on Saturday.

If the McNeese defense does hold the Kats scoreless again or even under the 21 I mentioned then that is great for you guys. I will tip my cap and wish you the best of luck moving forward.

Daytripper
December 4th, 2015, 09:21 PM
Also I would be shocked because I personally don't think the Cowboys will be able to duplicate the effort from last game. I could be wrong, but I am a Bearkat fan who has watched what our offense is capable of doing. And I am of the belief that we can and will score closer to our average on Saturday.

If the McNeese defense does hold the Kats scoreless again or even under the 21 I mentioned then that is great for you guys. I will tip my cap and wish you the best of luck moving forward.

If McNeese holds the Bearkats to under 21 points and win, I guarantee that they will win the national championship 3-0.

Bearkat 41
December 4th, 2015, 09:26 PM
Last thought on this for now.

I'm not talking smack as this is related. That would be foolish. You guys beat us a few weeks ago so for me to dismiss that would be crazy.

As a Bearkat fan and someone who follows them closely and keeps an eye on all of fcs football, I personally believe that if shsu plays to its ability offensively there isn't a defense that is going to flat out stop them and think we can beat anybody in the country.

Defensively we aren't on that level but can play good enough to position the team to win. If the oc gets out of his own way I think the talent level of the shsu offense can win a national championship.

We could just as easily be packing up the equipment on Sunday afternoon though.

Hope Saturday's game is a classic and that whoever wins can represent the slc in Frisco.

crossfire07
December 5th, 2015, 01:05 AM
Also I would be shocked because I personally don't think the Cowboys will be able to duplicate the effort from last game. I could be wrong

Actually I think the D got better after that game. Held Harrington to 70+ yards. His lowest output of the year except for Baylor but he didn't get all the carries that game. The D has had to duplicate their effort for 10 games in a row. Will they melt down in the 11th? We shall see.

crossfire07
December 5th, 2015, 01:46 AM
Ready or not. It's GAME DAY!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rPGFGoFuu7o&feature=youtu.be

caribbeanhen
December 5th, 2015, 06:46 AM
a very wise sage has clued me in that something might be up, line just moved substantially as some serious $ just had to be laid down on McNeese, did KC forget to bring his sunglasses?

Sammy94
December 5th, 2015, 07:38 AM
a very wise sage has clued me in that something might be up, line just moved substantially as some serious $ just had to be laid down on McNeese, did KC forget to bring his sunglasses?

not good, those Cowboy Club members must of found the refs at the casino last night.

FormerPokeCenter
December 5th, 2015, 07:45 AM
That's the first time I've ever heard of Bourre' games at the McNeese tailgate area being called "Casinos"....;)

caribbeanhen
December 5th, 2015, 07:45 AM
not good, those Cowboy Club members must of found the refs at the casino last night.

I heard a rumor that the Sammy Coaches were spotted in one prior to a recent game

crossfire07
December 5th, 2015, 09:20 AM
Someone got them comp passes to the vertical pole room last night ;)

FormerPokeCenter
December 5th, 2015, 11:29 AM
Here's to a clean, hard fought, injury-free game tonight...

Oh....and Happy Anniversary to Former Poke Defensive Coordinator Mike Collins and his wife on 34-years of marriage ;)

McNeese75
December 5th, 2015, 11:48 AM

xlolx yep, 5 dimes line went from McNeese -3 to -2 1/2.

BearKatProud
December 5th, 2015, 05:07 PM
You know... when it comes to living in the past, mcneese reminds me a lot of Montana. ;)

crossfire07
December 5th, 2015, 05:58 PM
Santa has arrived!

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 5th, 2015, 05:59 PM
Hopefully there's a big crowd in Lake Charles!

caribbeanhen
December 5th, 2015, 06:05 PM
xlolx yep, 5 dimes line went from McNeese -3 to -2 1/2.

this morning it went to McNeese minus 6 before it went back though....

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 5th, 2015, 06:09 PM
Crowd looks good! McNeese State's defense played great last time around. If I'm SHSU i'm forcing the Cowboy to throw as much as possible...

- - - Updated - - -

Cowboys get a pick!

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 5th, 2015, 06:12 PM
MSU kicks a 43 yard FG...

3-0 Cowboys

crossfire07
December 5th, 2015, 06:13 PM
It's not bad.

caribbeanhen
December 5th, 2015, 06:13 PM
Crowd looks good! McNeese State's defense played great last time around. If I'm SHSU i'm forcing the Cowboy to throw as much as possible...

- - - Updated - - -

Cowboys get a pick!

was just coming it to say that!

Lehigh Football Nation
December 5th, 2015, 06:31 PM
Man I already feel bad for the SHSU kicker. Secretly hoping it doesn't come down to those two kicks.

caribbeanhen
December 5th, 2015, 06:33 PM
McNeese offense making Sammy D look good, and that aint good

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 5th, 2015, 06:36 PM
McNeese offense making Sammy D look good, and that aint good

Game looks like the meeting a few weeks ago. Both QB's are very average imo. Sams can be painful to watch at times...

- - - Updated - - -

..and then Johnson makes a big play! TD SHSU!

Nickels
December 5th, 2015, 06:37 PM
Game looks like the meeting a few weeks ago. Both QB's are very average imo. Sams can be painful to watch at times...

- - - Updated - - -

That was Brisco not Johnson...

BearKatProud

That was the Briscoe...the backup QB.

Go Lehigh TU owl
That was Brisco not Johnson...

Just saw that. I have the volume off...

Nickels
December 5th, 2015, 06:38 PM
Man I already feel bad for the SHSU kicker. Secretly hoping it doesn't come down to those two kicks.
Our starter was one of the FCS and went down. 39 is a true freshman with limited experience. Kicking went from one of our strengths to one of our weaknesses.

crossfire07
December 5th, 2015, 06:47 PM
Yeah, that td pass was awfully painful to watch.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 5th, 2015, 06:48 PM
TD McNeese! nice drive!

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 5th, 2015, 06:56 PM
MSU inside the 10...

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 5th, 2015, 06:58 PM
Yeah, that td pass was awfully painful to watch.

THAT was a nice TD pass. McNeese looks good!

Nickels
December 5th, 2015, 07:07 PM
Longo's playcalling sucks at times. So predictable.

caribbeanhen
December 5th, 2015, 07:13 PM
Longo's playcalling sucks at times. So predictable.

liked his Diamond set near the Goal line

BearKatProud
December 5th, 2015, 07:41 PM
mcneese taking timeouts on defense in the 1st half. Fun to see.

Nickels
December 5th, 2015, 07:42 PM
mcneese taking timeouts on defense in the 1st half. Fun to see.
A lot of game left...

BearKatProud
December 5th, 2015, 07:46 PM
A lot of game left...

I agree. That's why I said first half. ;)

Nickels
Freshman hits a long one...

Lehigh Football Nation
That one is good. Got a good one at McNeese. 24-17 Bearkats.

crossfire07
December 5th, 2015, 07:51 PM
I have not been a fan of that 3 man dl all year. It gives up so much yardage. It does ok when they are blitzing but as you saw, you can have your way with it when they aren't.

FormerPokeCenter
December 5th, 2015, 08:00 PM
So far, Junior's making the case that the big piece of chicken is his....I guess we'll see if Daddy's got an answer for that, or if he's just gotten too old..;)

crossfire07
December 5th, 2015, 08:03 PM
We need to score on our opening drive. Sam knows we want to run the ball and we need to take advantage of that opportunity.

centennial
December 5th, 2015, 08:28 PM
We need to score on our opening drive. Sam knows we want to run the ball and we need to take advantage of that opportunity.
Daniel Sams can't throw

centennial
December 5th, 2015, 08:30 PM
No need for that.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 5th, 2015, 08:31 PM
Daniel Sams can't throw

His passing is very limited. He can make some nice throws but not consistently....

- - - Updated - - -

SHSU seems to talking a lot...

centennial
December 5th, 2015, 08:34 PM
His passing is very limited. He can make some nice throws but not consistently....

- - - Updated - - -

SHSU seems to talking a lot...
There is a reason kstate did not keep him at QB. He could've been a really good RB in the big 12 but he is stubborn.

Cleets
December 5th, 2015, 08:35 PM
Daniel Sams can't throw

You noticed... Lets hope SHSU doesn't notice

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 5th, 2015, 08:37 PM
TD 'Pokes!

centennial
December 5th, 2015, 08:38 PM
You noticed... Lets hope SHSU doesn't notice
I noticed in 2013 when we beat K State. And yes I saw him make the short TD pass.

Cleets
December 5th, 2015, 08:39 PM
I like how the announcers point out the significance of 3 points vs. 4 points in the game of football

Bronco
December 5th, 2015, 08:41 PM
The quality of the video is so much better than the Griz/Bizon game earlier.
McNeese QB likes to celebrate

centennial
December 5th, 2015, 08:43 PM
The quality of the video is so much better than the Griz/Bizon game earlier.
McNeese QB likes to celebrate
My new 55 inch TV did not like that telecast. Looked very average..

Cleets
December 5th, 2015, 08:43 PM
McState coaches look STUNNED

Cleets
December 5th, 2015, 08:46 PM
There are a bunch of "looks" a head coach can sport
1) Pissed off
2) Stern
3) Serious
4) Contemplative

There are a few that can NEVER be displayed
Looking like your mother just slapped you is NOT one of them

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 5th, 2015, 08:48 PM
3 and out for MSU. Sams had a wr open on first down and missed him badly...

Nickels
December 5th, 2015, 08:54 PM
bull****

BisonFan02
December 5th, 2015, 08:54 PM
What the **** was that? Huge break for McNeese St.....

BEAR
December 5th, 2015, 08:59 PM
Good game. Some of those calls sure are strange though.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 5th, 2015, 09:00 PM
Damn, it seems the refs want a close game.

Bisonwinagn
I believe the ref's choked on the punt call. It should of been a dead ball as soon as it touched the offensive player. Huge error leads to a touchdown.

Nickels
more bull****

Go Lehigh TU owl
Sams burns SHSU on the blitz! TD McNeese! He hasn't completely many passes tonight but when he has they've mattered....

BisonFan02
December 5th, 2015, 09:01 PM
Woof.....gift TD for McNeese St.

FargoBison
I believe the ref's choked on the punt call. It should of been a dead ball as soon as it touched the offensive player. Huge error leads to a touchdown.

I thought the same thing.

Sammy94
There's the McNeese push off we all have seen before

BEAR
December 5th, 2015, 09:02 PM
Sams burns SHSU on the blitz! TD McNeese! He hasn't completely many passes tonight but when he has they've mattered....

He did that to us. Just enough.

BearKatProud
December 5th, 2015, 09:03 PM
Woof.....gift TD for McNeese St.

It's a common occurrence.

BEAR
December 5th, 2015, 09:09 PM
429 yards of offense for Sam. Right on track.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 5th, 2015, 09:12 PM
Another bomb completed!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 5th, 2015, 09:13 PM
429 yards of offense for Sam. Right on track.

Crazy! He's highly inaccurate with the short passes by over 20 yards watch out!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 5th, 2015, 09:13 PM
Another bomb completed!!

and back the other way

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 5th, 2015, 09:14 PM
His knees down...what a terrible decision....

gotts
Sams is terrible...

NoDak 4 Ever
Damn, they are some of the luckiest sons of b's I ever saw.

Nickels
December 5th, 2015, 09:15 PM

NoDak 4 Ever
December 5th, 2015, 09:16 PM
Wow, they actually looked at the review and saw what happened? Where was that on the punt?

BearKatProud
December 5th, 2015, 09:17 PM
Entire mcneese crowd goes crazy with happiness that their qb was sacked.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 5th, 2015, 09:18 PM
Started on the 1, back to the 25.

Hey McNeese: You're going the wrong way!

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 5th, 2015, 09:20 PM
MSU back to the 32 or so after having 1st and goal at the 2....

BEAR
December 5th, 2015, 09:20 PM
Dang ESPN stats are down

gotts
December 5th, 2015, 09:21 PM
Hahahahahaha

3 plays, -38 yards

Texas
December 5th, 2015, 09:22 PM
From 1st and goal at the 1 to 4th and goal at the 39... Wow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

BearKatProud
December 5th, 2015, 09:22 PM
Started on the 1, back to the 25.

Hey McNeese: You're going the wrong way!

Surprised refs didn't have a review to make sure mcneese players downed the ball on the punt that followed.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 5th, 2015, 09:25 PM
Huge first down for SHSU!

centennial
December 5th, 2015, 09:27 PM
Huge first down for SHSU!

McNesse State looks to continue their poor fortune. Another 1st down.

HensRock
December 5th, 2015, 09:31 PM
Big 3rd down here...

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 5th, 2015, 09:31 PM
Huge 3rd down coming up...basically the game...

HensRock
December 5th, 2015, 09:35 PM
Complete for the 1st! 2:08 remaining

Go Lehigh TU owl
1st down! Should be ball game!

FormerPokeCenter
Congrats Sam Houston. You get the Big Piece of Chicken.....Bring home the hardware!

Go Lehigh TU owl
Soo...iirc Keeler has never lost to a PL team??

HensRock
December 5th, 2015, 09:36 PM
Victory formation

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 5th, 2015, 09:37 PM
I think McNeese State has a damn good team but Sams holds them back despite the stats. Their skill guys seem very talented with the ball. If MSU had a QB that was more accurate on the shorter passes the offense would be a nightmare to stop...

Sammy94
December 5th, 2015, 09:37 PM
Phd!!!!

BearKatProud
December 5th, 2015, 09:38 PM
Eaux No! Bearkats win!!!

Bearkat 41
December 5th, 2015, 09:39 PM
I stated last night that I didn't think the McNeese defense could stop the shsu offense. And when it counted the Kats just rammed it right down the Cowboys throats and there was very little they could do to stop it milking off the final six minutes.

BisonFan02
December 5th, 2015, 09:39 PM
Picked this one right....:D

Texas
December 5th, 2015, 09:40 PM
Spoiling an undefeated season feels good. Sure probably not as good as doing it and winning a natty but still good.

TheRevSFA
December 5th, 2015, 09:42 PM
Oh Cajun magic 8 ball, did McNeese win?

Neaux.

(come on, it was worth the post)

good game to both teams. Congrats Sam

FormerPokeCenter
December 5th, 2015, 09:43 PM
I think McNeese State has a damn good team but Sams holds them back despite the stats. Their skill guys seem very talented with the ball. If MSU had a QB that was more accurate on the shorter passes the offense would be a nightmare to stop...

I've been making that very same point now for two years. I take a fair amount of grief for it.

The trade off of his production in exchange for the lost production of other players hasn't been such that it's worth it, in my opinion.

But...it was a nice 10 win season....wait till next year.

If anybody needs me, I'll be in Crapsville, drowning my sorrows ;)

BEAR
December 5th, 2015, 09:43 PM
Great game SLC teams!

Congrats to the Bearkats! Go take care of Colgate!xthumbsupx

Congrats to McNeese on a great year! Looks like one of those players was taking it hard. Looks like the Cowboys are back on top of the SLC..... The gold standard.

TheRevSFA
December 5th, 2015, 09:44 PM
Hell of a season Pokes. Looking forward to visiting Lake Chuck next year

TheRevSFA
December 5th, 2015, 09:46 PM
I imagine the Colgate v Sam game is in Huntsville. I doubt Colgate even gave thought to funding a bid

Bearkat 41
December 5th, 2015, 09:46 PM
McNeese fans had every right to be confident in their team. But watching closely enough I knew the first game was not representative of what shsu could do. They were just fine against that number two defense in the country tonight. And Corey Avery is a beast.

As zem stated, winning a rematch is a tall order.

Congrats on a great season McNeese. Hopefully we will do the conference proud.

centennial
December 5th, 2015, 09:48 PM
I've been making that very same point now for two years. I take a fair amount of grief for it.

The trade off of his production in exchange for the lost production of other players hasn't been such that it's worth it, in my opinion.

Sams should not be a QB. You just needed a half good dual threat QB, not a FBS RB.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 5th, 2015, 09:55 PM

I think McNeese State has the talent 1-30 or so to compete for a national title. I saw them a few times this year and definitely supported their case for a top seed. Sams just handicaps the offense with his inaccuracy. He's a little like Tebow out there. He has a great deep ball and can run but he can't make progressions or throw into a tight window. Even slants and quick outs he struggles with. He's definitely not a Big 12 caliber QB...

crossfire07
December 5th, 2015, 09:57 PM
Good game Kats.

Bronco
December 5th, 2015, 09:59 PM
Congrats on the win and ditching those hideous pants you were sporting the last few years

Bison56
December 5th, 2015, 10:01 PM
IMO Sams is not going to get the job done, which is too bad because you guys have a good team. Good game and a good season for McNeese.

BearKatProud
December 5th, 2015, 10:02 PM
Congrats on the win and ditching those hideous pants you were sporting the last few years

Harsh, but fair.

TheEagleSHSU
December 5th, 2015, 10:12 PM
Whoo what a win!!!

lionsrking2
December 5th, 2015, 11:12 PM
Congrats Kats. A shame somebody had to lose. There's got to be a better way than regionalization. There has to be.

fansincehighschool
December 6th, 2015, 07:21 AM

That is a good analogy, ie. 'crossroads'.

Stonewall D
December 6th, 2015, 07:55 AM
Keeler is a good coach. Delaware was crazy to let him go.

kakat10
December 6th, 2015, 08:32 AM
That's the Kats we know and love and they finally showed up. They over came some wacky unfortunate breaks and kept fighting. This team is poised to be strong through the finish. The talent is there, now let's take care of Colgate.

Texas
December 6th, 2015, 10:24 AM
Congrats Kats. A shame somebody had to lose. There's got to be a better way than regionalization. There has to be.

I've enjoyed it

FormerPokeCenter
December 6th, 2015, 11:06 AM
You just never know who's gonna show up at a McNeese game...

Coach O, who got his start as a Graduate Assistant at McNeese (He was my workout partner back in the day) was in the house last night...

Some of you Houston guys might recognize Houston TV guy Butch Alsandor, who was a DE for the Cowboys back in the late 70's. He was an All-SLC starter at DE and played in two Independence Bowls...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21962&stc=1