PDA

View Full Version : ESPN3

JALMOND
November 27th, 2015, 02:43 PM
OK, forgive me if this has been addressed before, but being that all this playoff stuff is new to me, I need to know how to go about getting ESPN3. Is it an actual channel or is it just streamed? What special equipment do you need to run it through the TV? With so many games on at once, how do you pick which game to watch? Are you able to stream other sites or just from ESPN3?

I do receive all the other ESPN channels that are available through the cable package so I think I can get it somehow. I just need to know how.

JSUSoutherner
November 27th, 2015, 02:44 PM
It is a streamed network that you can watch via WatchESPN on your computer, various mobile devices, or gaming consoles such as Xbox.
When you register for WatchESPN it asks you to provide your TV provider info to verify you actually pay for ESPN networks through your provider. However, WatchESPN and ESPN3 are free of charge.

BisonFan02
November 27th, 2015, 02:45 PM
ESPN3 is online streamed...a bunch of guys on here can give their "how to" in order to throw it up on a TV, but I use a monitor/audio cable into the back of my flatscreen. I would check before tomorrow that your internet provider is signed up for ESPN3 (go watch a replay right now...). If not, find a friend that has a login you could use.

aceinthehole
November 27th, 2015, 02:46 PM
You can also use Chromecast to view through the app on your TV.

ElCid
November 27th, 2015, 02:49 PM
OK, forgive me if this has been addressed before, but being that all this playoff stuff is new to me, I need to know how to go about getting ESPN3. Is it an actual channel or is it just streamed? What special equipment do you need to run it through the TV? With so many games on at once, how do you pick which game to watch? Are you able to stream other sites or just from ESPN3?

I do receive all the other ESPN channels that are available through the cable package so I think I can get it somehow. I just need to know how.

Easy enough.

Go here.

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index/_/sport/football/type/upcoming/startDate/20150905/

Pick which game you want to see. You can watch 4 at once in a quad screen. I must some hardware problem because I have really bad signals when I try and watch four games at once. I have the best data package so it can't the the data, has to be the cable modem. You go there now and watch replays as well.

BisonFan02
November 27th, 2015, 02:49 PM
You can also use Chromecast to view through the app on your TV.

This too....there's a million ways to toss ESPN3 up on your TV...pick a fav that is readily available.

ElCid
November 27th, 2015, 02:52 PM
This too....there's a million ways to toss ESPN3 up on your TV...pick a fav that is readily available.

Or you can do it the old fashion wayxrotatehx and simply plug your laptop into an HDMI port on your big screen.

BisonFan02
November 27th, 2015, 02:54 PM
ESPN3 is online streamed...a bunch of guys on here can give their "how to" in order to throw it up on a TV, but I use a monitor/audio cable into the back of my flatscreen. I would check before tomorrow that your internet provider is signed up for ESPN3 (go watch a replay right now...). If not, find a friend that has a login you could use.

Or you can do it the old fashion wayxrotatehx and simply plug your laptop into an HDMI port on your big screen.

HDMI? :D

#RGBinForTheWin!

http://asset2.cbsistatic.com/cnwk.1d/sc/33742438-2-440-DT1.jpg

melloware13
November 27th, 2015, 03:05 PM
HDMI? :D

#RGBinForTheWin!

http://asset2.cbsistatic.com/cnwk.1d/sc/33742438-2-440-DT1.jpg

That's the set-up my house has, with a ~32" screen tube

Bisonoline
November 27th, 2015, 03:11 PM

If you have DirectV they are on channels 790-799 IF you have the sports package.

JALMOND
November 27th, 2015, 03:14 PM
Thanks for the info. I talked with the owner of my local pub and he didn't know how to get ESPN3 (and of course I didn't either). He's willing to show the PSU game if he can so I thought I'd see what it entailed. He said he didn't think he could get EIU/UNI as it is out of the region and may cost more.

centennial
November 27th, 2015, 03:14 PM

Just use your cable login to get into the app. I use chromecast to get it on my TV, Roku works better.

Bisonoline
November 27th, 2015, 03:17 PM
Thanks for the info. I talked with the owner of my local pub and he didn't know how to get ESPN3 (and of course I didn't either). He's willing to show the PSU game if he can so I thought I'd see what it entailed. He said he didn't think he could get EIU/UNI as it is out of the region and may cost more.

Does he have Directv?

centennial
November 27th, 2015, 03:19 PM
If he has good internet you could possibly do a chromecast/ roku/ hmdi to TV. Not sure of the legality of ESPN 3 public broadcasts however.

JALMOND
November 27th, 2015, 03:20 PM
Does he have Directv?

No. I know its not DirectTV as he can get the Blazer games. I think its Comcast.

PantherRob82
November 27th, 2015, 03:47 PM
All he has to do is go to espn3.com. I don't think comcast subscribers even need to login.

Gordon Shumway
November 27th, 2015, 03:50 PM
If you have DirectV they are on channels 790-799 IF you have the sports package.

The guide is only showing four games right now. :(

ST_Lawson
November 27th, 2015, 03:50 PM
Just use your cable login to get into the app. I use chromecast to get it on my TV, Roku works better.

Can confirm...love my Roku. Works great for popping open the ESPN app and watching whatever football game I want to watch. Most regular-season saturdays, I can open it up and choose from something like 20 FBS games and 20 FCS games.....or so...live. Many conferences (like the MVFC) has agreements with ESPN to have nearly all of their games on ESPN3 (the only games we played this year that weren't were the OOC games at Coastal Carolina and at Illinois (that was on BTN).

I also love that they have the ability to go back and replay, so if you can't watch a game until later in the day (and can turn off notifications on all your apps and stay away from facebook), you can go back and watch it like it's live (that's how I watched our game at UNI).

But yea, Roku, Amazon Fire, Chromecast, are all pretty easy options if you don't already have something that can handle it. If you've got a smart TV or Blu-ray player or something, it might also have the ability to install or run an ESPN app.

JSUSoutherner
November 27th, 2015, 03:51 PM

He can watch anything ESPN is showing anywhere via WatchESPN.

mmiller_34
November 27th, 2015, 04:23 PM
If he has good internet you could possibly do a chromecast/ roku/ hmdi to TV. Not sure of the legality of ESPN 3 public broadcasts however.

Pretty sure if you aren't charging an entrance fee and making money off of it your okay.

McNeese75
November 27th, 2015, 04:35 PM
Pick up a $69 Apple TV box (previous generation). It works like a dream (probably like Chromecast)

FCSwatcher
November 27th, 2015, 04:42 PM

Doesn't matter where the game. You can watch any game on ESPN3 at no additional charge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

caribbeanhen
November 27th, 2015, 05:21 PM
if it gets really desperate, you can use facetime on you IPhone as long as you can convince someone here is willing to hold there phone up to the TV for 3 hours xlolx , Facebook has a similar feature. I'm not volunteering now...

Sycamore62
November 27th, 2015, 05:39 PM
The directv college extra package was $13.99/month

Casey_Orourke
November 27th, 2015, 08:00 PM
Hear is a toughie...... I'm currently in China without a cable provider. I have internet and a VPN. Is there any way I can get around all this and watch some football?

FCSwatcher
November 27th, 2015, 08:10 PM
Hear is a toughie...... I'm currently in China without a cable provider. I have internet and a VPN. Is there any way I can get around all this and watch some football?

If someone gave you their sign in information you might be able to

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Casey_Orourke
November 27th, 2015, 08:33 PM
It would have to be a stranger. No family to ask.

PantherRob82
November 27th, 2015, 08:40 PM
It would have to be a stranger. No family to ask.

I was going to give you mine, but ESPN apparently changed the remote login policy. I've never logged in any other way.

Pards Rule
November 27th, 2015, 08:49 PM
Easy enough.

Go here.

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index/_/sport/football/type/upcoming/startDate/20150905/

Pick which game you want to see. You can watch 4 at once in a quad screen. I must some hardware problem because I have really bad signals when I try and watch four games at once. I have the best data package so it can't the the data, has to be the cable modem. You go there now and watch replays as well.

Four - 4 - games at once!? Just what my ADD needs!

JSUSoutherner
November 27th, 2015, 08:52 PM
Pretty sure if you aren't charging an entrance fee and making money off of it your okay.

This^^^

FCSwatcher
November 27th, 2015, 09:19 PM
I was going to give you mine, but ESPN apparently changed the remote login policy. I've never logged in any other way.

I have been on it on my TV, with my wife and son watching in two separate locations. I use Midcontinent .for my cable.

Cableone, on the other hand would not let you use it outside of your house, which sucked.

Thundar
November 27th, 2015, 09:25 PM
you get espn3 if you have Directv, and if you have Directv get the sports pak then you can just to channels 789-798 are all espn college Xtra channels

then you covered for watching one on a tablet and the best one on the TV if desired

ST_Lawson
November 27th, 2015, 09:25 PM
Four - 4 - games at once!? Just what my ADD needs!

During last year's first round of playoffs I had 6. Had 4 on my computer, one on my TV (through ESPN app on Roku), and one on iPad. I wasn't paying real close attention to all of them, my primary one was on the TV, but every minute or so I'd scan through the others and see what was going on.

bri-dog
November 27th, 2015, 09:41 PM
The guide is only showing four games right now. :(

I emailed DIRECTV earlier today, and talked to them on the phone. As of right now, all games are listed, but 3 have the wrong starting times (The Citadel/CC, SUU/SHSU, and SDSU/Montana), and WIU is listed as playing Creighton. xeyebrowx

They said they would "escalate" my request and that this would be fixed by tomorrow...

EDIT: Here is a portion of my email response from them showing the correct times; as of right now the guide is still not correct.

Thank you for reaching out to us. My name's Leonel, and I'm sorry to learn that the displayed time in the Program Guide is wrong. I understand this is important to you, so I've resent the programming authorization to your receivers. You can also try resetting your receivers.

In the meantime, I've checked the schedule for the sports channels (for tomorrow, 11/28), and confirmed the correct time:

12:00PM College Football Western Illinois @ Dayton Ch 788
1:00PM College Football Fordham @ UT-Chattanooga Ch 792
2:00PM College Football The Citadel @ Coastal Carolina Ch 793
3:00PM College Football South Dakota State @ Montana Ch 795
3:00PM College Football Southern Utah @ Sam Houston State Ch 794
3:30PM College Football Colgate @ New Hampshire Ch 790 - Sports Pack
3:30PM College Football Duquesne @ William & Mary Ch 788 - Sports Pack
5:00PM College Football Eastern Illinois @ Northern Iowa Ch 791 - Sports Pack

ST_Lawson
November 27th, 2015, 10:29 PM
I emailed DIRECTV earlier today, and talked to them on the phone. As of right now, all games are listed, but 3 have the wrong starting times (The Citadel/CC, SUU/SHSU, and SDSU/Montana), and WIU is listed as playing Creighton. xeyebrowx

To be fair, we are playing Creighton tomorrow...just, not in football, and not at noon (men's basketball @ 7 PM).

bri-dog
November 27th, 2015, 10:35 PM
That was confusing me. I thought it was BB when I read it. According to the email I got, it is indeed the football game.

Casey_Orourke
November 27th, 2015, 10:46 PM

I appreciate the gesture.....

How are things in Davenport?

Many many many many many moons ago I lived in Rock Falls, IL.

ST_Lawson
November 27th, 2015, 11:01 PM
That was confusing me. I thought it was BB when I read it. According to the email I got, it is indeed the football game.

Well, as far as I know, Creighton is undefeated in football this season ;)

centennial
November 27th, 2015, 11:20 PM
If you have good internet and a US IP sure. Just make sure the service isn't blacklisted. After that I would get sling service for a month or ask a friend for a login.

Schism55
November 27th, 2015, 11:20 PM
I have been on it on my TV, with my wife and son watching in two separate locations. I use Midcontinent .for my cable.

Cableone, on the other hand would not let you use it outside of your house, which sucked.

Be a good day in this country when all cable companies are dead and buried.

CappinHard
November 27th, 2015, 11:50 PM
Pick up a $69 Apple TV box (previous generation). It works like a dream (probably like Chromecast)

Nope. Amazon Fire Stick for the win.

McNeese75
November 27th, 2015, 11:54 PM
Looks like a winner

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Da Coach
November 28th, 2015, 12:12 AM
Apple TV.

Da Coach
November 28th, 2015, 12:14 AM
WIU does play Creighton in MBB on ESPN3 @ 7:00 pm Saturday evening.

They said they would "escalate" my request and that this would be fixed by tomorrow...

EDIT: Here is a portion of my email response from them showing the correct times; as of right now the guide is still not correct.

Thank you for reaching out to us. My name's Leonel, and I'm sorry to learn that the displayed time in the Program Guide is wrong. I understand this is important to you, so I've resent the programming authorization to your receivers. You can also try resetting your receivers.

In the meantime, I've checked the schedule for the sports channels (for tomorrow, 11/28), and confirmed the correct time:

12:00PM College Football Western Illinois @ Dayton Ch 788
1:00PM College Football Fordham @ UT-Chattanooga Ch 792
2:00PM College Football The Citadel @ Coastal Carolina Ch 793
3:00PM College Football South Dakota State @ Montana Ch 795
3:00PM College Football Southern Utah @ Sam Houston State Ch 794
3:30PM College Football Colgate @ New Hampshire Ch 790 - Sports Pack
3:30PM College Football Duquesne @ William & Mary Ch 788 - Sports Pack
5:00PM College Football Eastern Illinois @ Northern Iowa Ch 791 - Sports Pack

PantherRob82
November 28th, 2015, 12:46 AM
I appreciate the gesture.....

How are things in Davenport?

Many many many many many moons ago I lived in Rock Falls, IL.

Beautiful, man. It's no China though. xlolx

- - - Updated - - -

Well, as far as I know, Creighton is undefeated in football this season ;)

Creighton sucks.

Casey_Orourke
November 28th, 2015, 12:57 AM
Beautiful, man. It's no China though. xlolx

be glad it isn't

Thundar
November 28th, 2015, 05:43 AM
Be a good day in this country when all cable companies are dead and buried.

cableone has kick as* Internet, otherwise I have DTV

Twentysix
November 28th, 2015, 07:06 AM

Just proxy to a US ip address and you will be able to use someones remote login.

The remote login wont work out of the country.

Twentysix
November 28th, 2015, 07:08 AM
cableone has kick as* Internet, otherwise I have DTV

Fargo/Moorhead/West Fargo is probably the top city in the US for ISP, Midco has been the #1 ISP in the USA for like 3 years straight and Fargo Cable-one isn't too far behind, aside from the handful that have access to Google's fiber network (though that is a super limited area).

There is way better internet selection and price to speed ratio in Fargo than there is in the parts of San Diego and Los Angeles where I have lived. Both immediate areas have houses that rent for $50,000+/mo, so it is a nice part of each town and they each have some of the best services that can be offered in SoCal, which is really sad.

100/10 from Midco (not their top plan) is $10 cheaper per month than 60/6 from TWC (their top plan). I wish Midco could takeover every area that I move to for the rest of my life :(

Casey_Orourke
November 28th, 2015, 07:09 AM
Just proxy to a US ip address and you will be able to use someones remote login.

The remote login wont work out of the country.

I know that, I just need someone who is willing to trust me with a remote login

Twentysix
November 28th, 2015, 07:16 AM

Immediate family?

X-Factor
November 28th, 2015, 08:30 AM
Another option is maybe firstrowsports. You'll have to be real careful what you click on though.

I will also add that you should check reddit around gametime. Lots of links show up

JayJ79
November 28th, 2015, 08:31 AM
To be fair, we are playing Creighton tomorrow...just, not in football, and not at noon (men's basketball @ 7 PM).

One of the channels on my cable guide listed "College Football: North Carolina at Northern Iowa" last Saturday, but of course, it was actually the MBB game.

And for the past couple years, the local Cedar Falls cable company has listed the UNI v. NDSU football games as "UNI v. North Dakota". I half think it is someone at the cable co. intentionally being a smartass.

bri-dog
November 28th, 2015, 09:10 AM
The guide on DTV is now correct -- all games are on the channels listed in my earlier post. All times are now correct, and Creighton has been changed to Dayton... :)