PDA

View Full Version : Brawl highlights

Silenoz
November 24th, 2015, 08:11 PM
Because why not?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JP-9gahZO0U

Silenoz
November 24th, 2015, 08:12 PM
Disclaimer: these are the Griz highlights. Not that the Cats had many to show.

veinup
November 24th, 2015, 08:31 PM
its beautiful

ursus arctos horribilis
November 24th, 2015, 08:41 PM
Disclaimer: these are the Griz highlights. Not that the Cats had many to show.

That sucks, we used to put together a good game highlight video. I wonder what happened to that? This just seems almost like a lie when I see these one sided things. I like seeing our guys have success and so forth but come on.

Catsfan90
November 24th, 2015, 09:28 PM
That sucks, we used to put together a good game highlight video. I wonder what happened to that? This just seems almost like a lie when I see these one sided things. I like seeing our guys have success and so forth but come on.
I always hate when a team gets crushed, but you'd think they won from the highlight videos. I want to see all highlights, not just one side.

mvemjsunpx
November 24th, 2015, 09:28 PM

The videos gogriz did in 2013 were really good (aside from the music, anyway). I prefer the standard-style highlight videos over the music video style posted above, though.

The most hilarious one-sided video I saw was the Griz @ Sac highlight from 2013. Even though it was a 51-48 OT game, they only showed Hornet highlights & not a single Griz one. The closest they came was showing Johnson dropping back to throw the game-winning TD, then they faded to black before seeing what happened & cut to the scoreboard. xlolxxsmhx

Grizalltheway
November 24th, 2015, 09:41 PM
Yeah I remember that one now. Revisionist history at its finest.xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
November 24th, 2015, 10:08 PM
The videos gogriz did in 2013 were really good (aside from the music, anyway). I prefer the standard-style highlight videos over the music video style posted above, though.

The most hilarious one-sided video I saw was the Griz @ Sac highlight from 2013. Even though it was a 51-48 OT game, they only showed Hornet highlights & not a single Griz one. The closest they came was showing Johnson dropping back to throw the game-winning TD, then they faded to black before seeing what happened & cut to the scoreboard. xlolxxsmhx

Hell, I would have thought this video was real good but the one sided **** is just ridiculous. We win enough games that this is just not something we need to hype the product or whatever the thought is here.

This lacks integrity. We are not Sac State, we do not need to do this sort of ****. It isn't a big deal or something to be overly dramatic about but I just think whoever is behind this idea of how these are done should know it is a shameful thing they are doing here. If it has some specific purpose like a recruiting video highlight or something OK but if this is the highlight video we are putting out for the game...it's a poor choice of editing I think.

mvemjsunpx
November 24th, 2015, 10:12 PM
Hell, I would have thought this video was real good but the one sided **** is just ridiculous. We win enough games that this is just not something we need to hype the product or whatever the thought is here.

This lacks integrity. We are not Sac State, we do not need to do this sort of ****. It isn't a big deal or something to be overly dramatic about but I just think whoever is behind this idea of how these are done should know it is a shameful thing they are doing here. If it has some specific purpose like a recruiting video highlight or something OK but if this is the highlight video we are putting out for the game...it's a poor choice of editing I think.

It's being done by "Griz TV," whoever that is. gogriz doesn't seem to have much of anything in the way of highlight reels anymore. Their new All Access video streaming through Sidearm Sports is also somehow worse than the previous couple years through CBS, if you can believe that. I wish they'd just let Big Sky TV handle the home non-conference games like they used to; the pittance the AD gets can't be worth the aggravation for fans, can it?

ursus arctos horribilis
November 24th, 2015, 10:22 PM
It's being done by "Griz TV," whoever that is. gogriz doesn't seem to have much of anything in the way of highlight reels anymore. Their new All Access video streaming through Sidearm Sports is also somehow worse than the previous couple years through CBS, if you can believe that. I wish they'd just let Big Sky TV handle the home non-conference games like they used to; the pittance the AD gets can't be worth the aggravation for fans, can it?

Oh, well I hope this is not a UM production then. If it's just some fans or outside people doing it then it means nothing. If the University has it's name on this though that is just sad.

Man, I didn't know any of the details you just laid out. I guess I haven't followed much of anything with the gogriz insider thing and video because I paid for it back in the early days (it was CBS) and just said screw it cuz it sucked so bad then. I can't imagine it being worse now but I'll take your word.

We blaze trails or help blaze trails on stuff like this...what the hell is going on? We gotta get our **** together man! It's almost 2001 already so our videos should be getting decent! xlolx

mvemjsunpx
November 24th, 2015, 10:41 PM
Oh, well I hope this is not a UM production then. If it's just some fans or outside people doing it then it means nothing. If the University has it's name on this though that is just sad.

I believe it is. I just looked at the youtube URL for Griz TV and it says: "GoGrizdotcom." I hope it's students doing this and not professionals, then. They did have these kind of highlight videos in 2013, but they were in addition to the regular kind instead of replacing them.

Man, I didn't know any of the details you just laid out. I guess I haven't followed much of anything with the gogriz insider thing and video because I paid for it back in the early days (it was CBS) and just said screw it cuz it sucked so bad then. I can't imagine it being worse now but I'll take your word.

We blaze trails or help blaze trails on stuff like this...what the hell is going on? We gotta get our **** together man! It's almost 2001 already so our videos should be getting decent! xlolx

I signed up to watch/replay some of the basketball games. My connection isn't the fastest, but the service is quite buggy independent of that.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 24th, 2015, 11:24 PM
I believe it is. I just looked at the youtube URL for Griz TV and it says: "GoGrizdotcom." I hope it's students doing this and not professionals, then. They did have these kind of highlight videos in 2013, but they were in addition to the regular kind instead of replacing them.

I signed up to watch/replay some of the basketball games. My connection isn't the fastest, but the service is quite buggy independent of that.

If it is students then shouldn't there be some guidance from a professor that would indicate that this is severely lacking in some areas. I'm more than willing to give a break to anyone on learning the skills but this is a concept and not a technical skill. Ah well, it is really too bad if this is what we are doing now.

veinup
November 24th, 2015, 11:27 PM
its definitely more of a hype video than highlights, but its cool for what it is. plenty of room for video like this imo.

whats lame is that we dont put out normal highlight videos regularly (as we've done in the past)

ursus arctos horribilis
November 24th, 2015, 11:34 PM
its definitely more of a hype video than highlights, but its cool for what it is. plenty of room for video like this imo.

whats lame is that we dont put out normal highlight videos regularly (as we've done in the past)

That's what I mean. We used to lead on this. Our highlight videos were something to be proud of each week. We suck hind tit pretty bad in the last few years.

There is certainly a place for a hype video. Show it to recruits. Do the right thing with a highlight video though. Give me 7 1/2 to 8 minutes of the best of the game, the whole game, not just the vapid hype BS. They did some cool work, it could have been something good.

GetEmGriz
November 25th, 2015, 10:51 AM
I remember when ThrashedKid used to do the highlight videos... Those were very good and showed highlights of the entire game for both teams. Here's a perfect example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knX92v66gg8

Silenoz
November 25th, 2015, 11:03 AM
I don't think he created those, he just uploaded what was on montanagrizzlies.com