PDA

View Full Version : EIU/UNI

Pages : [1] 2

eiu1999
November 24th, 2015, 12:55 PM
I don't expect this to be much of a close game, but any chance EIU has will come from the defense creating turnovers.

They've intercepted 19 passes this season and recovered 10 fumbles.

If Whitlow is off, it's not even close.

UNI 33
EIU 14

JSUSoutherner
November 24th, 2015, 12:56 PM
Whitlow needs to get that offense chugging if EIU wants a shot at UNI.

deez_na
November 24th, 2015, 12:58 PM
Would have been interesting to see a UND team in with their D playing against UNI. Likely same scenario though, UNI rolls at home.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 24th, 2015, 12:58 PM
UNI beat down: 45-10

PantherRob82
November 24th, 2015, 01:08 PM
I don't expect this to be much of a close game, but any chance EIU has will come from the defense creating turnovers.

They've intercepted 19 passes this season and recovered 10 fumbles.

If Whitlow is off, it's not even close.

UNI 33
EIU 14

I think this is fairly accurate. I've only watched a little EIU this season but I'm not concerned about this game. I will eat crow if I am wrong.

Sycamore62
November 24th, 2015, 01:14 PM
I gotta go with something big.

UNI will score at least 40
EIU 6 or 9. I could see them not scoring a TD

JSUSoutherner
November 24th, 2015, 01:21 PM
I think you guys are overlooking something. EIU gave ISUr a run for their money.
Plus they stopped our offense for three quarters straight. I think estimating 40 is pretty cocky, TBH

FargoBison
November 24th, 2015, 01:26 PM
I think you guys are overlooking something. EIU gave ISUr a run for their money.
Plus they stopped our offense for three quarters straight. I think estimating 40 is pretty cocky, TBH

ISUR had some issues early in the season, meanwhile UNI right now is rolling.

Not sure about UNI scoring 40 but I don't see EIU scoring many points. I will go with 31-10 UNI.

PantherRob82
November 24th, 2015, 01:27 PM

I think you are wrong. UNI will probably score 5 TDs and give up a max of 2.

Or we could lose. xlolx

Sycamore62
November 24th, 2015, 01:27 PM

we also gave ISUr a run for their money then proceeded to get beat by UNI 59-13. And i said AT LEAST 40

jtthenutt
November 24th, 2015, 01:31 PM
UNI's offense is rolling right now. The defense is the best in the MVFC. They should roll.

JSUSoutherner
November 24th, 2015, 01:35 PM
Well if Whitlow shows up and your crap gets knocked don't say I didn't warn you. EIU's defense is just as good as ours IMO.

jtthenutt
November 24th, 2015, 01:48 PM
Eastern Illinois gave up 420 yards to Illinois State, UNI allowed 250.

Schism55
November 24th, 2015, 01:50 PM
UNI 34
EIU 9

JayJ79
November 24th, 2015, 01:55 PM

UNI defense will be stingy for the most part, but will probably allow at least one long TD pass (or run) on blown coverage (or going for the pick, missing, and the receiver making the catch and running free).

clenz
November 24th, 2015, 02:02 PM
UNI 35ish
EIU 9 ish

clenz
November 24th, 2015, 02:08 PM
UNI has scored at least 28 6 times this year

Last 3 games are 59, 41, and 49

UNI defense given up 20 or less 7 times. One of WIU scores was a pick six.

Since the loss to WIU the defense has given up 7 7 13 0 and then 28

jtthenutt
November 24th, 2015, 02:29 PM
UNI has scored at least 28 6 times this year

Last 3 games are 59, 41, and 49

UNI defense given up 20 or less 7 times. One of WIU scores was a pick six.

Since the loss to WIU the defense has given up 7 7 13 0 and then 28

can we really count Misery State as a true game?

clenz
November 24th, 2015, 02:56 PM
They only scored 7 less points than SDSU and gave up less than SIU and ISUb

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 24th, 2015, 03:15 PM
Well if Whitlow shows up and your crap gets knocked don't say I didn't warn you. EIU's defense is just as good as ours IMO.

Good defense in the OVC?

xlolx

UNI rolls EIU easily.

JSUSoutherner
November 24th, 2015, 03:16 PM
Well ours is pretty good and it's an OVC Defense soooooo....

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 24th, 2015, 03:18 PM
Well ours is pretty good and it's an OVC Defense soooooo....

Yes, JSU has a good defense this year but top to bottom...

JSUSoutherner
November 24th, 2015, 03:19 PM
Yes, JSU has a good defense this year but top to bottom...

Yeah, except for us and EIU (they just have no QB) our defenses are pretty lack luster.

BisonTru
November 24th, 2015, 03:37 PM
UNI's offense is rolling right now. The defense is the best in the MVFC. They should roll.

I keep hearing a lot about how UNI is rolling. One thing to remember, they had a very front loaded schedule. They played the other four MVFC playoff teams to start the conference year losing three in fairly close efforts and winning a close one in Brookings (lose that one and they're out). The EWU win is now not looking as impressive as it once did.

They shouldn't have a problem with EIU, but I wouldn't be surprised if their season ends in Portland.

UNIFanSince1983
November 24th, 2015, 03:44 PM
I keep hearing a lot about how UNI is rolling. One thing to remember, they had a very front loaded schedule. They played the other four MVFC playoff teams to start the conference year losing three in fairly close efforts and winning a close one in Brookings (lose that one and they're out). The EWU win is now not looking as impressive as it once did.

They shouldn't have a problem with EIU, but I wouldn't be surprised if their season ends in Portland.

I honestly don't disagree with anything you said. We have put up a lot of points the last 3 weeks, but it was against ISUb, MSU, and SIU. Not a murderers row of defenses.

jtthenutt
November 24th, 2015, 03:49 PM

They also had a 2 QB system that only worked in the 2nd half of games. They were horribly inconsistent on offense. The offensive line has gotten a lot better than the start of the season. The running backs have figured out their roles as have the coaches. You had 5 new coaches on staff and it takes a while to get things ironed out. Plus, Bailey is a big reason they sucked at first and look great now.

clenz
November 24th, 2015, 03:58 PM

Conference only games

Scoring offense
1. SIU - 36.5
2. NDSU 35.5
3. ISUR - 34.1
4. UNI - 29.9

Rushing offense
1. ISUr - 264.8
2. NDSU 254.4
3. UNI - 228.2

Averaged the same number of first downs per game as SDSU and just 2 less than NDSU

The pass game isn't putting up big numbers, but it's good enough to keep defenses honest against Bailey.

Plus when your defense/special teams looks like this
3.0 YPC
16 PPG given up
195 YPG passing given up - that's not that much when the defense is giving up just:
109 ypg on the ground
32 sacks (2.9 per game)
88 TFL
40 yards of field position per kick (average start after a kick off is the 25)
Giving up just 15 first downs per game
Allowing just 32% 3rd down conversion rate
+10 TO margin
12 INT (4 returned for TDs)
11 fumbles recovered
16 fumbles forced
Best redzone defense in scoring in the conference at just 66%
43.2 Yards per punt
21 fair caught
23 inside the 20
12 of 50+ yards
A blocked punt for TD
Averaging 13 yards per punt return
A punt return for TD

It doesn't take much "roll" from an offense for it to get going. Also remember about the front loaded schedule we were breaking in a new OC, lost the best player in UNI history and trying to build a new identity and running a 2 QB set. That's all ironed out.

Remember, NDSU is 35 seconds away from losing to UNI and UNI put up 435 yards on that NDSU defense at 8 yards per play.

Your critique is fair, but a tad narrow in it's scope of view.

clenz
November 24th, 2015, 04:04 PM
I honestly don't disagree with anything you said. We have put up a lot of points the last 3 weeks, but it was against ISUb, MSU, and SIU. Not a murderers row of defenses.38 on EWU - their defense isn't good, but our offense was bad at that point
34 on Cal Poly - gave up less ppg than WIU, ISUb, SIU, MSU and overall were pretty comparable to YSU
13 on ISUr - that was bad all around for many reasons and in many ways
28 on NDSU - with 435 yards of offense and 8 yards per play
19 on WIU - that really was the turning point with this offense
10 on SDSU - SDSU has a top 5-7 defense nationally and that was just a gross game. That field was just a mud pit with 20 mph winds. No offense was possible there. Still had 340 total yards
Then the schedule opened up.

As I said, the critique is fair - though short sided when the offense is paired with the defense.

I don't like the world rolling. I like effective. The UNI offense is effective right now.

BisonTru
November 24th, 2015, 04:08 PM
Conference only games

Scoring offense
1. SIU - 36.5
2. NDSU 35.5
3. ISUR - 34.1
4. UNI - 29.9

Rushing offense
1. ISUr - 264.8
2. NDSU 254.4
3. UNI - 228.2

Averaged the same number of first downs per game as SDSU and just 2 less than NDSU

The pass game isn't putting up big numbers, but it's good enough to keep defenses honest against Bailey.

Plus when your defense/special teams looks like this
3.0 YPC
16 PPG given up
195 YPG passing given up - that's not that much when the defense is giving up just:
109 ypg on the ground
32 sacks (2.9 per game)
88 TFL
40 yards of field position per kick (average start after a kick off is the 25)
Giving up just 15 first downs per game
Allowing just 32% 3rd down conversion rate
+10 TO margin
12 INT (4 returned for TDs)
11 fumbles recovered
16 fumbles forced
Best redzone defense in scoring in the conference at just 66%
43.2 Yards per punt
21 fair caught
23 inside the 20
12 of 50+ yards
A blocked punt for TD
Averaging 13 yards per punt return
A punt return for TD

It doesn't take much "roll" from an offense for it to get going. Also remember about the front loaded schedule we were breaking in a new OC, lost the best player in UNI history and trying to build a new identity and running a 2 QB set. That's all ironed out.

Remember, NDSU is 35 seconds away from losing to UNI and UNI put up 435 yards on that NDSU defense at 8 yards per play.

Your critique is fair, but a tad narrow in it's scope of view.

Holy stats! I'm not trying to paint a broad view of UNI, just a friendly reminder, that you guys just faced off against the four worst teams in the conference. Sometimes things look all ironed out against lesser competition and then those wrinkles get exposed against tougher opponents. We'll see its the playoffs.

clenz
November 24th, 2015, 04:19 PM
Holy stats! I'm not trying to paint a broad view of UNI, just a friendly reminder, that you guys just faced off against the four worst teams in the conference. Sometimes things look all ironed out against lesser competition and then those wrinkles get exposed against tougher opponents. We'll see its the playoffs.
Same can be said for NDSU.

3 point win over YSU
loss to USD
6 point win over
SIU
3 point win over UNI

NDSU isn't as untouchable as they once were. There are some very glaring weaknesses that certain teams know how too, and can, exploit.

UNI's weakness is the passing game. So far, realistically, only WIU and ISUr have exploited that. Both of those games involved rotating 2, very different, quarterbacks into the same scheme. NDSU may have won that game, but didn't exploit it. Iowa State was just a clown show on all fronts.

I'm sure some team will find a way to exploit the lack of a passing game. It'll be interesting to see what happens when that day comes. I don't believe EIU is that team. I don't think PSU is that team either with their 4.5 ypc, and 180 ypg, given up on the ground.

JSUSoutherner
November 24th, 2015, 04:24 PM
and I thought NDSU fans were cocky, holy crap was I wrong...

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 24th, 2015, 04:33 PM
Yeah, except for us and EIU (they just have no QB) our defenses are pretty lack luster.

EIU is ranked #49 in scoring defense and #39 in total defense. Not too bad in comparing total FCS schools.

JSU is #5 in total defense and tied for #7 in scoring defense.

- - - Updated - - -

clenz is a stats guy...he's on a roll...:D

jtthenutt
November 24th, 2015, 04:33 PM

they are. But I would be too if my team had won consecutive national titles and beat an FBS school every single year. That being said, don't think the UNI folks here are being cocky just showing the numbers behind the argument that UNI has a great defense.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 24th, 2015, 04:36 PM
they are. But I would be too if my team had won consecutive national titles and beat an FBS school every single year. That being said, don't think the UNI folks here are being cocky just showing the numbers behind the argument that UNI has a great defense.

UNI has a good defense.

They are ranked:

Total Defense: #31 331.8/game
Scoring Defense: #20 19.7/game

JSUSoutherner
November 24th, 2015, 04:40 PM

UNI has a great defense and so does EIU, EIU took the MVC champ to OT whereas UNI flat out lose and how do you possibly expect to rack up a 40 point win when we have the #4 offense (based off total offense) in the league and UNI is sitting at 60 only a few spots above EIU. And UNI is only 8 spots of EIU in total defense. And if you want more than stats they held our offense stagnant for three quarters. But yeah, 40 points? Keep dreaming.

clenz
November 24th, 2015, 04:43 PM
UNI has a great defense and so does EIU, EIU took the MVC champ to OT whereas UNI flat out lose and how do you possibly expect to rack up a 40 point win when we have the #4 offense (based off total offense) in the league and UNI is sitting at 60 only a few spots above EIU. And UNI is only 8 spots of EIU in total defense. And if you want more than stats they held our offense stagnant for three quarters. But yeah, 40 points? Keep dreaming.
How'd EIU do vs WIU?

To base it off of one game is pretty dumb

jtthenutt
November 24th, 2015, 04:43 PM

UNI lost in the last minute of the game to NDSU after leading the whole game.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 24th, 2015, 04:48 PM

UNI's is very good. I'd say EIU's is good but not great by the stats in FCS defense.

JSUSoutherner
November 24th, 2015, 04:52 PM
How'd EIU do vs WIU?

To base it off of one game is pretty dumb

You guys should know just as well about losing to WIU and basing all your assumptions off 4 games against the tastiest cupcakes the MVC has to offer doesn't carry much weight does it? We should know, trashing cupcakes is what we do. Also how did that EWU game treat you? They're in the playoffs too, right?

clenz
November 24th, 2015, 04:53 PM
UNI's is very good. I'd say EIU's is good but not great by the stats in FCS defense.
Total numbers like that are quite deciving.

I enjoy people thinking that UNI's defense is just "good" or "average".

UNI's defense in the OVC is ranked top 5 in every single category in the nation.

BisonTru
November 24th, 2015, 04:53 PM
Same can be said for NDSU.

3 point win over YSU
loss to USD
6 point win over
SIU
3 point win over UNI

NDSU isn't as untouchable as they once were. There are some very glaring weaknesses that certain teams know how too, and can, exploit.

UNI's weakness is the passing game. So far, realistically, only WIU and ISUr have exploited that. Both of those games involved rotating 2, very different, quarterbacks into the same scheme. NDSU may have won that game, but didn't exploit it. Iowa State was just a clown show on all fronts.

I'm sure some team will find a way to exploit the lack of a passing game. It'll be interesting to see what happens when that day comes. I don't believe EIU is that team. I don't think PSU is that team either with their 4.5 ypc, and 180 ypg, given up on the ground.

Somewhat agree. In NDSU's credit we also have some beat downs of two very good teams in WIU and SDSU. But like you said USD, UNI, and YSU exposed some of our weaknesses the main two is assignment football and tackling on defense. I think those issues have been ironed out, but I'll hold my breath for now. We'll find out. TC, Bailey, and Roberson are going to try and expose these (if we meet). We'll find out soon, but I won't be shocked if the same issues arise in the playoffs.

JSUSoutherner
November 24th, 2015, 04:55 PM
Total numbers like that are quite deciving.

I enjoy people thinking that UNI's defense is just "good" or "average".

UNI's defense in the OVC is ranked top 5 in every single category in the nation.

And you think that says much? That puts you above SEMO doesn't it? What an achievement...

clenz
November 24th, 2015, 04:56 PM
You guys should know just as well about losing to WIU and basing all your assumptions off 4 games against the tastiest cupcakes the MVC has to offer doesn't carry much weight does it? We should know, trashing cupcakes is what we do. Also how did that EWU game treat you? They're in the playoffs too, right?
UNI's defense shut WIU down...that pick 6 in the first quarter is what cost UNI that game.

We beat EWU. That was pretty nice. It helped get us to the playoffs. I guess shutting SDSU down was cupcake too?

I'm going to guess you also though EIU was the absolute best team in the nation a couple years ago before Terrance West ran through them like they didn't exist.

Or like the year before when we heard that the OVC was real tough and they'd have no problem with SDSU...who then beat them 58-10

JSUSoutherner
November 24th, 2015, 04:57 PM
UNI's defense shut WIU down...that pick 6 in the first quarter is what cost UNI that game.

We beat EWU. That was pretty nice. It helped get us to the playoffs. I guess shutting SDSU down was cupcake too?

I'm going to guess you also though EIU was the absolute best team in the nation a couple years ago before Terrance West ran through them like they didn't exist.

Or like the year before when we heard that the OVC was real tough and they'd have no problem with SDSU...who then beat them 58-10

If your only claim to fame is beating SDSU by a field goal and losing to NDSU my expectations aren't going to be great. Sorry. I didn't say you guys wouldn't win, I said that 40 points is complete crap.

clenz
November 24th, 2015, 05:02 PM
40 may be a bit much

3 or 4 scores is very realistic.

JSUSoutherner
November 24th, 2015, 05:05 PM
40 may be a bit much

3 or 4 scores is very realistic.

17 points at MOST.

clenz
November 24th, 2015, 05:10 PM
These are the same arguments SFA tried to use last season

JSUSoutherner
November 24th, 2015, 05:11 PM
This isn't last season.

Sycamore62
November 24th, 2015, 05:22 PM
I've seen both teams play multiple times.
More than 40
less than 11
book it

uni88
November 24th, 2015, 07:48 PM
If your only claim to fame is beating SDSU by a field goal and losing to NDSU my expectations aren't going to be great. Sorry. I didn't say you guys wouldn't win, I said that 40 points is complete crap.

UNI and fans of other Missouri Valley look at EIU and the Ohio Valley's playoff results and conclude that EIU is probably of a similar level so their expectations are not unreasonable.

Ohio Valley fans believe their conference has improved and that EIU is a pretty good team and conclude that EIU will do much better than that. They know this years' EIU team better than we do so their expectations are not unreasonable.

I do think that the Ohio Valley is improved but I don't know by how much. We'll find out a little more on Saturday.

Regarding the UNI defense - it is a very good defense and has the opportunity to move to great with a dominating run in the playoffs. There are studs in every position group who can impact a game. It is also an extremely physical, even violent defense. EWU was definitely hurting when they left the Dome and that might have impacted their next couple of games. NDSU doesn't want to play UNI because they know that even if they win they will likely be very banged up for the next opponent (as will UNI if they win). I'm looking forward to seeing that D square off against EIU and hopefully Portland State. It's a lot of fun to watch slobber-knocker football.

JALMOND
November 24th, 2015, 08:48 PM
Not really knowing much about either team, I can say there is going to be a watch party in Portland this weekend and this game will be on. Good luck to both teams and we'll be waiting for you out here. xlolx

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
November 24th, 2015, 09:52 PM
I think UNI will score 28-35 ish range. give up 14 ish. IMO UNI is the most dangerous valley team in the playoff. Reasoning behind that is that even if their offense struggles for a while the D will keep them in games. As the NDSU mantra goes, "give yourself a chance in the forth quarter."

Big_Fan
November 25th, 2015, 04:37 AM
Personally, I think that this game is impossible to call.

Seriously.

My Gamecock brother is forgetting that when we played EIU, our top 2 receivers were injured (one out, the other limited), and we didn't throw the ball. It was windy, and our coaches played the game close to the vest. We waited for EIU to make a mistake, and then capitalized.

EIU has been making mistakes all season. I wouldn't say that their defense is in the same league with ours. On a neutral field, in good weather conditions, with our offense running wide open... we score 40. The game at EIU was a worst case scenario, and we still won by 3 TD's.

EIU's offense is inconsistent. I won't say that they are terrible... they have some talented players. Our defense wreaks havoc against teams with QB's that fold under pressure. At EIU we brought the heat all day. We have a great DL, and they couldn't handle the fact that we get pressure without blitzing. When we do blitz, the QB usually goes down.

I think EIU will play UNI tough, unless the turnover bug hits them. When they don't turn the ball over, they can be a hand full. Their defense is solid... not in our league, but solid. I would say that a 28-14 prediction is probably fair. EIU could sneak up on them and win... and with turnovers it could get ugly... there are too many variables to give a concrete forecast. If I was forced to make a call, I would say UNI 28 - EIU 17. There are a number of teams in the playoffs that EIU would beat solidly. UNI probably isn't one of them.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 25th, 2015, 06:01 AM

Seriously.

My Gamecock brother is forgetting that when we played EIU, our top 2 receivers were injured (one out, the other limited), and we didn't throw the ball. It was windy, and our coaches played the game close to the vest. We waited for EIU to make a mistake, and then capitalized.

EIU has been making mistakes all season. I wouldn't say that their defense is in the same league with ours. On a neutral field, in good weather conditions, with our offense running wide open... we score 40. The game at EIU was a worst case scenario, and we still won by 3 TD's.

EIU's offense is inconsistent. I won't say that they are terrible... they have some talented players. Our defense wreaks havoc against teams with QB's that fold under pressure. At EIU we brought the heat all day. We have a great DL, and they couldn't handle the fact that we get pressure without blitzing. When we do blitz, the QB usually goes down.

I think EIU will play UNI tough, unless the turnover bug hits them. When they don't turn the ball over, they can be a hand full. Their defense is solid... not in our league, but solid. I would say that a 28-14 prediction is probably fair. EIU could sneak up on them and win... and with turnovers it could get ugly... there are too many variables to give a concrete forecast. If I was forced to make a call, I would say UNI 28 - EIU 17. There are a number of teams in the playoffs that EIU would beat solidly. UNI probably isn't one of them.

Colgate
Dayton
Duquesne

UNI is going to roll EIU.

Big_Fan
November 25th, 2015, 06:32 AM
Colgate
Dayton
Duquesne

UNI is going to roll EIU.

Those three for sure. There are a few other "maybes." Roll... possible. It depends on which EIU shows up, more than it depends on UNI. I don't think EIU will win. 10-24 points is a fair range... EIU would have to implode (like they did with WIU) for it to be worse. I don't really buy the "UNI has turned it on" rhetoric. EIU would have "turned it on" against the last four teams UNI played. UNI scored fewer points against USD than any team other than Drake or UC Davis (2-9).

MVFC or OVC, MSU and SIU are bad teams...the Sycamores aren't great, but being -5 in turnovers, with 114 yards in penalties, didn't help their cause.

At their best, EIU will give UNI all they want...but they are definitely a Jekyll/Hyde team. Predictions of 40+ point mudholings are far fetched. They haven't scored that much other than games against teams EIU would mudhole. In my opinion UTM has a better offense than UNI, and EIU held them in check. If EIU had a decent offense I would pick them to win straight up... but their offense is just too inconsistent.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 25th, 2015, 06:37 AM
Those three for sure. There are a few other "maybes." Roll... possible. It depends on which EIU shows up, more than it depends on UNI. I don't think EIU will win. 10-24 points is a fair range... EIU would have to implode (like they did with WIU) for it to be worse. I don't really buy the "UNI has turned it on" rhetoric. EIU would have "turned it on" against the last four teams UNI played. UNI scored fewer points against USD than any team other than Drake or UC Davis (2-9).

MVFC or OVC, MSU and SIU are bad teams...the Sycamores aren't great, but being -5 in turnovers, with 114 yards in penalties, didn't help their cause.

At their best, EIU will give UNI all they want...but they are definitely a Jekyll/Hyde team. Predictions of 40+ point mudholings are far fetched. They haven't scored that much other than games against teams EIU would mudhole. In my opinion UTM has a better offense than UNI, and EIU held them in check. If EIU had a decent offense I would pick them to win straight up... but their offense is just too inconsistent.

The only team EIU would "mudhole" in the Valley is Missouri State. SIU's offense is one of the best in the country, so they are not a bad team.

We'll see how the vaunted EIU machine is on Saturday. I suspect it will be a SDSU type playoff game like a few years ago.

JSUSoutherner
November 25th, 2015, 06:45 AM
The only team EIU would "mudhole" in the Valley is Missouri State. SIU's offense is one of the best in the country, so they are not a bad team.

We'll see how the vaunted EIU machine is on Saturday. I suspect it will be a SDSU type playoff game like a few years ago.

I really don't see how a team that gets out scored by SEMO and USD and gets monkey stomped by ISUr and UNI has "one of the best offenses in the country. Was it their spectacular trashing of a 1-10 Missouri State?

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 25th, 2015, 07:06 AM
I really don't see how a team that gets out scored by SEMO and USD and gets monkey stomped by ISUr and UNI has "one of the best offenses in the country. Was it their spectacular trashing of a 1-10 Missouri State?

Geez....OK here it is.....I know this might be hard for you to digest:

SIU's offense:

FCS ranking - #5 in total offense in the FCS

Ya, they do have one of the best offenses in the country!

JSUSoutherner
November 25th, 2015, 07:13 AM
Geez....OK here it is.....I know this might be hard for you to digest:

SIU's offense:

FCS ranking in the FCS - #5 in total offense in the FCS

Ya, they do have one of the best offenses in the country!

#4 JSU
#6- Prairie View
#7-Samford

We would tear through 5-7 like wet tissue paper. Are you really trying to tell me a SWAC team and a mediocre SoCon team have the best offenses too in the league too? I don't think so. I mean, if you want to brag about how SIU's offense is as good as a SWAC team go ahead.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 25th, 2015, 07:29 AM
#4 JSU
#6- Prairie View
#7-Samford

We would tear through 5-7 like wet tissue paper. Are you really trying to tell me a SWAC team and a mediocre SoCon team have the best offenses too in the league too? I don't think so. I mean, if you want to brag about how SIU's offense is as good as a SWAC team go ahead.

Did you read what I said? IN THE FCS, yes, they are one of the best offenses, stats wise. I never compared them to a SWAC team, you did.

You like to argue for the sake of arguing...whatever. Good for you if you think JSU would "tear" through some of those teams. Which team was I taking about in this thread? Ya, EIU. You seem to think SIU was a crap team and I just pointed out that their offense is one of the best in the country. If you cannot absorb that then so be it.

We'll see come Saturday wont we.

JSUSoutherner
November 25th, 2015, 07:34 AM
Did you read what I said? IN THE FCS, yes, they are one of the best offenses, stats wise. I never compared them to a SWAC team, you did.

You like to argue for the sake of arguing...whatever.

We'll see come Saturday wont we.

Stats wise. Numbers are very deceiving. You claimed they were a good team just because they were 5 in total offense. Prairie View, the #6 ranked team on that list, is a SWAC. I kept JSU on the list to show that one list doesn't really mean anything. Numbers are numbers.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 25th, 2015, 07:37 AM
Stats wise. Numbers are very deceiving. You claimed they were a good team just because they were 5 in total offense. Prairie View, the #6 ranked team on that list, is a SWAC.

Prairie View is 9-2 this year. Just because they are in a traditionally weak conference doesn't mean they are a bad team this year. Or are you just an elite FCS mind that knows everything?

Ya, SIU is a good team that had a real good offense and a bad defense. Anything else Einstein?

JSUSoutherner
November 25th, 2015, 07:42 AM
Prairie View is 9-2 this year. Just because they are in a traditionally weak conference doesn't mean they are a bad team this year. Or are you just an elite FCS mind that knows everything?

Ya, SIU is a good team that had a real good offense and a bad defense. Anything else Einstein?

Nope, I'm off my soapbox. I'm required by law to have at least one pointless argument a day. Don't get all upset about it.

I never said I was an elite mind. I just take more into consideration than one statistical category when I determine whether a team is good or not in my mind.

Gil Dobie
November 25th, 2015, 07:49 AM
UNI over EIEIU

Bison56
November 25th, 2015, 08:02 AM
UNI wins easy.

Bisonator
November 25th, 2015, 08:03 AM
Jacksonville State fans sure are cocky. Pun intended! ;)

I think UNI handles EIU easily.

UNIFanSince1983
November 25th, 2015, 08:23 AM
#4 JSU
#6- Prairie View
#7-Samford

Do you not see how impressive it is that SIU is that high while playing in the best conference in the country? They face some of the best defenses game in and game out, and still rank 5th in total offense. That is impressive. It is strange you have a hard time comprehending things, but being from Alabama I can see it.

Big_Fan
November 25th, 2015, 08:24 AM

SIU has a good offense when they are not playing a good defense. Putting up almost 700 yards and 73 points on Mizzou State padded their stats a bit. Top teams could do that on virtually every weak sister they play... JSU could have done that against half of the teams we played, but we pulled our starters as early as the end of the first quarter.

The funny thing is, now you want to admit that SIU has a weak defense, since it suits your argument. That was not a point of discussion when pointing out how UNI's offense had "turned it on" over the past 3 games of the season... that offense turned it on against some terrible defenses. EIU would "turn it on" against SIU... and EIU's defense is a far sight better than the SEMO team that beat SIU. SIU is Murray State of the MVFC...their defenses are statistically quite similar, but Murray had 2x FBS games. Murray may have a better offense than SIU, but they played 2x FBS teams + JSU. Murray vs SIU would be a fun game... EIU would just mudhole them. You Myopic Valley homers are amazing.

It is well established that Missouri State has a terrible defense.
We have established (you admit) that SIU has a terrible defense.
All you have to do now is admit that the #82 ranked defense belonging to Indiana State is not good, and we can drop the idea that UNI has an unstoppable juggernaut offense that manifested itself over the last 3 weeks of the season. Heck, Indiana State threw 2 pick-sixes and had 3 more turnovers on their side of the 50 to help UNI get the score... that wasn't the UNI offense, anyway.

Put on your glasses. EIU is substantially better than the last three teams UNI played. Unless EIU commits a pile of turnovers, the game will be closer than the 40 point crap you guys are spouting. Nobody is saying EIU will win straight up, but that is more likely than a 40 point blowout.

UNIFanSince1983
November 25th, 2015, 08:30 AM

Seriously.

I tell you what if EIU's QB wilts under pressure he will be in for a long day as will their offense. We have 2 guys in the top 26 in sacks in the country including #4, and 3 guys in the top 50 for tackles for loss including #9. And 2 of the guys are just our DEs so we don't need to blitz to do it. I do think it could be close, but if true that their QB can't handle pressure then they could be in trouble. I am not as sold on our offense as others are. However, if the D forces EIU into mistakes our offense doesn't have to do much work.

Bisonator
November 25th, 2015, 08:34 AM
Where did all the EIU fans disappear to? Followed Garoppolo to New England?? I remember all of them thinking they were all that in 2012 and 2013 only to fall short. JSU fans might want to throttle it down a little.....just sayin;)

JSUSoutherner
November 25th, 2015, 08:35 AM
Do you not see how impressive it is that SIU is that high while playing in the best conference in the country? They face some of the best defenses game in and game out, and still rank 5th in total offense. That is impressive. It is strange you have a hard time comprehending things, but being from Alabama I can see it.

There's the "everyone here is awesome because the MVC is awesome" crap again. Our conference B team took your champ to OT. There are only 4 good teams in the MVC and they only played 3 and got their crap knocked by everyone except Liberty, MSU, and Youngstown in OT. Even SEMO beat them and I've never heard ANYONE from the MVC consider SEMO a good team but you'll try to pass off a 3-8 SIU as good? They racked up a bunch of yards on cupcakes with no defenses and still lost to most everyone. Ok. Whatever.

UNIFanSince1983
November 25th, 2015, 08:39 AM
There's the "everyone here is awesome because the MVC is awesome" crap again. Our conference B team took your champ to OT. There are only 4 good teams in the MVC and they only played 3 and got their crap knocked by everyone except Liberty, MSU, and Youngstown in OT. Even SEMO beat them and I've never heard ANYONE from the MVC consider SEMO a good team but you'll try to pass off a 3-8 SIU as good? They racked up a bunch of yards on cupcakes with no defenses and still lost to most everyone. Ok. Whatever.

I never thought an OVC team's fans would call any other conference "cupcakes". You guys probably got diabetes from playing Austin Peay, Murray State, EKU, Tennessee Tech, etc. That OOC game against MVSU must have really challenged you too. Seriously, scoring 27 on the vaunted AP defense is super impressive...

Big_Fan
November 25th, 2015, 08:43 AM

They lost to SEMO.

SEMO.

They had 469 yards of offense... yeah... 7 turnovers. That great offense did that. Our backups were in with 12 minutes left in the 3rd quarter against SEMO, and our backup QB ran for 124 yards, and our reserves scored 28 points.

What is so silly is that you are pumping up the UNI defense and how the SIU offense is great... and pumping up the UNI offense based on how they blew away SIU. Reality check... SIU is Murray State. EIU is not.

Nobody is saying UNI will lose to EIU, but good grief... the UNI will destroy EIU rhetoric is ridiculous. ISUr sure didn't destroy them. They are lucky that EIU doesn't have a field goal kicker, otherwise EIU would have won that game. There is no argument against that... so the EIU team that came within a missed 30 something yard field goal of beating ISUr (before losing by 3 in OT), is going to get blown off of the field by a team that lost to ISUr by 8 in regulation. I got it...makes perfect sense.

Big_Fan
November 25th, 2015, 08:51 AM
I never thought an OVC team's fans would call any other conference "cupcakes". You guys probably got diabetes from playing Austin Peay, Murray State, EKU, Tennessee Tech, etc. That OOC game against MVSU must have really challenged you too. Seriously, scoring 27 on the vaunted AP defense is super impressive...

LOL! SIU is Murray State...at best.

We pulled our starters against APSU at the end of the first quarter. Every dressed player played. APSU had -2 yards of total offense at halftime. TOTAL OFFENSE. Our coaches learned a hard lesson last season by losing 20 starters to injury during the regular season. The team that lost to SHSU was a shell, and we have rested our starters whenever possible.

Yeah. APSU is a serious cupcake. Major league... but they would probably be favored against MSU on a neutral field. MSU gave up 38+ in every D1 game they played, to go along with the 120th ranked offense. You would think when you give up 50+ on a weekly basis, your offensive output would be better because you get to play against your opponents' walk-ons.

UNIFanSince1983
November 25th, 2015, 08:52 AM
They lost to SEMO.

SEMO.

They had 469 yards of offense... yeah... 7 turnovers. That great offense did that. Our backups were in with 12 minutes left in the 3rd quarter against SEMO, and our backup QB ran for 124 yards, and our reserves scored 28 points.

What is so silly is that you are pumping up the UNI defense and how the SIU offense is great... and pumping up the UNI offense based on how they blew away SIU. Reality check... SIU is Murray State. EIU is not.

Nobody is saying UNI will lose to EIU, but good grief... the UNI will destroy EIU rhetoric is ridiculous. ISUr sure didn't destroy them. They are lucky that EIU doesn't have a field goal kicker, otherwise EIU would have won that game. There is no argument against that... so the EIU team that came within a missed 30 something yard field goal of beating ISUr (before losing by 3 in OT), is going to get blown off of the field by a team that lost to ISUr by 8 in regulation. I got it...makes perfect sense.

First, I agreed with the NDSU poster about our offense. I do think they are improved, but never said they were great. I also never claimed we would score 40 on EIU. Not saying it can't happen if our defense plays like they are capable and causes turnovers, but unlikely our offense will produce enough themselves to score 40.

I love how you use the transitive property. Hey look UNI is better than JSU because of this http://myteamisbetterthanyourteam.com/default.asp?sport=CFB&winner=Northern+Iowa&loser=Jacksonville+St&year=2015&method=2

It is ridiculous. SIU has a great offense and 0 defense. Yes they lost to SEMO with 7 turnovers. It was the exception not the rule. I don't even know how we got on arguing about SIU anyway. They literally have nothing to do with this game.

I expect this to be a good game as I said in another post. However, you admitted their QB struggles under pressure. Well we have one of the best front 7s in the country as far as creating pressure and sacks. If that is the case then UNI could very well score 40 because we also have DBs that are ball hawks. It will be interesting and could be a defensive battle. How is EIU against the run or a mobile QB? We have one of the best running QBs in the country. So if they can stop that it might be really low scoring.

JSUSoutherner
November 25th, 2015, 08:53 AM

I said you guys have 4 good teams didn't I? NDSU, SDSU, ISUr, and UNI are all very good. WIU is pretty decent and the rest of the conference is a mess. I never tried the up the OVC I'm just calling it how I see it. Saying the second to last team in the MVC is good because they are in the MVC is pretty stupid and IF they were 3-8 anywhere else they would be labeled a complete dumpster fire.

And 27 is what happens when you try to be nice at someone's homecoming on the road and play your scouts so you don't embarrass them 56-0 again or worse. We punted a lot on offense when we could have smashed them and ran up the score. We didn't need to run the score up, there was zero to gain from running up the score. We also held them to something like -17 yards in the first half and around 80 by the end of the game. But ok.

Bison56
November 25th, 2015, 09:04 AM
OVC xlolx

BisonBacker
November 25th, 2015, 09:04 AM
Stats wise. Numbers are very deceiving. You claimed they were a good team just because they were 5 in total offense. Prairie View, the #6 ranked team on that list, is a SWAC. I kept JSU on the list to show that one list doesn't really mean anything. Numbers are numbers.

Those SWAC teams don't play a MVFC schedule. JFC if SIU played the schedule of the SWAC teams they'd probably be #1. It (stats) means something when you look at who they played. You are correct to call the SWAC teams out for being ranked as high as they are in those lists given the level of competition but put one of them in the MVFC and let them play that guantlet and their numbers would disappear. SIU having that ranking means something. It's not that hard to understand. Then again like BFNSMN said you just like to argue for the sake of arguing.

Carry on.

JSUSoutherner
November 25th, 2015, 09:12 AM
First, I agreed with the NDSU poster about our offense. I do think they are improved, but never said they were great. I also never claimed we would score 40 on EIU. Not saying it can't happen if our defense plays like they are capable and causes turnovers, but unlikely our offense will produce enough themselves to score 40.

I love how you use the transitive property. Hey look UNI is better than JSU because of this http://myteamisbetterthanyourteam.com/default.asp?sport=CFB&winner=Northern+Iowa&loser=Jacksonville+St&year=2015&method=2

It is ridiculous. SIU has a great offense and 0 defense. Yes they lost to SEMO with 7 turnovers. It was the exception not the rule. I don't even know how we got on arguing about SIU anyway. They literally have nothing to do with this game.

I expect this to be a good game as I said in another post. However, you admitted their QB struggles under pressure. Well we have one of the best front 7s in the country as far as creating pressure and sacks. If that is the case then UNI could very well score 40 because we also have DBs that are ball hawks. It will be interesting and could be a defensive battle. How is EIU against the run or a mobile QB? We have one of the best running QBs in the country. So if they can stop that it might be really low scoring.

Transitive property back at ya.

http://myteamisbetterthanyourteam.com/default.asp?sport=CFB&winner=Missouri+St&loser=Northern+Iowa&year=2015&method=2

I wasn't comparing UNI and EIU with the ISUr game. I was using it to show that the top of the MVC isn't as far into the stratosphere and as untouchable as you all claim.

Also I don't need transitive property to say JSU is better than UNI, the selection committee already said it for us.

Also I said I was done and was going to drop the conversation before you pulled this crap...

And I'm the one that likes to keep bringing up pointless things?

Cocky
November 25th, 2015, 09:33 AM
I guess your "favorite" sheep told you you were smart?

herd13
November 25th, 2015, 10:28 AM
I said you guys have 4 good teams didn't I? NDSU, SDSU, ISUr, and UNI are all very good. WIU is pretty decent and the rest of the conference is a mess. I never tried the up the OVC I'm just calling it how I see it. Saying the second to last team in the MVC is good because they are in the MVC is pretty stupid and IF they were 3-8 anywhere else they would be labeled a complete dumpster fire.

And 27 is what happens when you try to be nice at someone's homecoming on the road and play your scouts so you don't embarrass them 56-0 again or worse. We punted a lot on offense when we could have smashed them and ran up the score. We didn't need to run the score up, there was zero to gain from running up the score. We also held them to something like -17 yards in the first half and around 80 by the end of the game. But ok.

Well since we are all homers here let me compare the 2 conferences as objectively as possible to see if a 3-8 team in one conference could possibly have a better record in another. I used the Sagarian for reference. I put conference A and B w/out names below. It is pretty clear to see which is a higher rated conference. You can argue against Sagarian all you want but when trying to compare something with biased people (myself included) it is about as good as we can do.

Let's dig a bit deeper...if I learned anything from my stats class in college it's that it is almost always helpful to determine the strength as a whole by taking out the bottom and top outliers and calculating the mean. Here are the results:

Conference A Avg Rating: 169
Conference B Avg Rating: 109

To take it a step further let's take all of the I-A teams out, leave the outliers out, and move up the numbers for better clarification (in parenthesis below).

Conf A Avg Rating among FCS: 50.714
Conf B Avg Rating among FCS: 15.875

Just for grins let's throw those outliers back in the FCS rankings:

Conf A Avg Rating among FCS: 58.5
Conf B Avg Rating among FCS: 25.2

Let's go crazy and compare the bottom 5 teams of the conferences:

Conf A Avg Rating among FCS: 76.2
Conf B Avg Rating among FCS: 40.2

Just for fun....let's do the top 5 in each:

Conf A Avg Rating among FCS: 26.4
Conf B Avg Rating among FCS: 5.2

Sagarian Ratings from top to bottom (Corresponding ranking w/out FBS in parenthesis)

A
82 (3)
127 (24)
138 (29)
142 (31)
169 (45)
201 (73)
204 (76)
205 (77)
238 (110)

B
58 (1)
71 (2)
86 (4)
87 (5)
109 (14)
116 (18)
122 (21)
134 (28)
148 (35)
227 (99)

Whew...that was a lot of work. My conclusion is that that there is a high probability that the 3-8 team in Conference B would have a much better record if they were to play in Conference A. Now let's have everyone blow up because they don't like the Sagarian and it's biased towards conference B because they are in bed together. Conspiracy!

JSUSoutherner
November 25th, 2015, 10:32 AM
Watch this:

USC is 3-8 and in the SEC, the conference often referenced to as "the best in college football".
It's pretty widely accepted that USC is the train wreck of the SEC this year.
3-8 SEC team is regarded is a train wreck.
3-8 MVC team is good. (As says the MVC fans)
If you say so.

Whew... That was a lot of work.

jacksfan29
November 25th, 2015, 10:36 AM
UNI 42 - EIU 7

Easy win for UNI

herd13
November 25th, 2015, 10:40 AM
Watch this:

USC is 3-8 and in the SEC, the conference often referenced to as "the best in college football".
It's pretty widely accepted that USC is the train wreck of the SEC this year.
3-8 SEC team is regarded is a train wreck.
3-8 MVC team is good. (As says the MVC fans)
If you say so.

Whew... That was a lot of work.

But you didn't use all of the fancy statistics and your argument is 100% subjective. You even used quotes in it....I'm disappointed.

uni88
November 25th, 2015, 10:42 AM
Why did an EIU/UNI thread turn into a SIU/JSU discussion? I could argue about how good SIU's offense really is but that would be feeding the stupidity. Talking about teams in relation to UNI and EIU makes sense but talking about how SIU matches up with JSU is a distraction.

EIU's offense seems to be very run oriented. Is that true? How much of a threat is their QB to run? UNI's defense is great against the run and puts a lot of pressure on the QB. If he gets rattled, it could be a long day for the blue Panthers. In fact UNI's defense seems very similar to JSU's.

UNI's offense is very run oriented and as mentioned Bailey is one of the best running QBs in the country. He is both elusive and powerful. How is EIU's defense against the run? UNI's passing game is improving.

And where are the EIU fans? Why are JSU fans carrying the torch for them?

JSUSoutherner
November 25th, 2015, 10:42 AM
But you didn't use all of the fancy statistics and your argument is 100% subjective. You even used quotes in it....I'm disappointed.

The whole basis of "SIU is good" is subjective. Plus, everyone likes subjectivity in here so much I figured I'd give it a whirl.

JSUSoutherner
November 25th, 2015, 10:46 AM
Why did an EIU/UNI thread turn into a SIU/JSU discussion? I could argue about how good SIU's offense really is but that would be feeding the stupidity. Talking about teams in relation to UNI and EIU makes sense but talking about how SIU matches up with JSU is a distraction.

EIU's offense seems to be very run oriented. Is that true? How much of a threat is their QB to run? UNI's defense is great against the run and puts a lot of pressure on the QB. If he gets rattled, it could be a long day for the blue Panthers. In fact UNI's defense seems very similar to JSU's.

UNI's offense is very run oriented and as mentioned Bailey is one of the best running QBs in the country. He is both elusive and powerful. How is EIU's defense against the run? UNI's passing game is improving.

You are 100% correct. EIU is very effective at stopping the run, they proved it against us. EIU's QB is good when he's not busy getting sacked or cracking under any inkling of pressure he does make good decisions though. He just doesn't execute lie he should sometimes. They occasionally get out several explosive plays but EIU's biggest asset is a very solid defense that can shut down runs.

UNIFanSince1983
November 25th, 2015, 10:46 AM

JSU doesn't have a game this week, and right now they are trying to convince themselves they have a chance this year. They are currently doing that by trying everything they can to build EIU into some unstoppable giant with the best defense since the 85 Bears.

herd13
November 25th, 2015, 10:47 AM
The whole basis of "SIU is good" is subjective. Plus, everyone likes subjectivity in here so much I figured I'd give it a whirl.

I know I know. I'm just giving you a hard time and took a crack at some pointless statistical analysis. I'll stop and give this thread back to UNI/EIU.

UNI 37
EIU 13

Guaranteed.

Professor Chaos
November 25th, 2015, 10:49 AM
How about we make it interesting and actually relating to this game?

I'll put a $50 donation to AGS on UNI beating EIU by more than they beat SIU (21 points). You want the action (meaning if UNI beats EIU by more than 21 you donate $50 to AGS)?

JSUSoutherner
November 25th, 2015, 10:51 AM

I'll put a $50 donation to AGS on UNI beating EIU by more than they beat SIU (21 points). You want the action (meaning if UNI beats EIU by more than 21 you donate $50 to AGS)?

I'm in college, I don't have $50.

deez_na
November 25th, 2015, 10:55 AM

No job?

Bison56
November 25th, 2015, 10:55 AM

Well that explains it.

uni88
November 25th, 2015, 10:57 AM
You are 100% correct. EIU is very effective at stopping the run, they proved it against us. EIU's QB is good when he's not busy getting sacked or cracking under any inkling of pressure he does make good decisions though. He just doesn't execute lie he should sometimes. They occasionally get out several explosive plays but EIU's biggest asset is a very solid defense that can shut down runs.
The arguments come down to OVC teams have always sucked in the playoffs and we expect them to continue to do so this year vs. the OVC is improved and EIU has demonstrated they can play vs. ISUr.

My personal opinion is that JSU is a very good team that is better than previous OVC champs and that they learned a lesson from last year. We'll find out how much better in the next few weeks but I think they are a threat to make it to Frisco. EIU is a good team. If they were still in the MVFC (Gateway) I think they would likely be in the middle of the pack with SDSU, UNI, WIU, ISUb, YSU and USD.

If EIU is able to stop or slow down UNI's running game and protect their QB this game could be closer than many expect. I think UNI is going to get to the EIU QB and if he gets rattled and turns the ball over they will use that to generate offense. That is likely the key to the final spread.

JSUSoutherner
November 25th, 2015, 11:08 AM
No job?

I'm at work now, actually. I work when I'm not in school but I have to pay my Tuition, rent, food, bills, insurance, and pay for our band trip to Hawaii before I worry about gambling.

Bison56
November 25th, 2015, 11:17 AM
I'm at work now, actually. I work when I'm not in school but I have to pay my Tuition, rent, food, bills, insurance, and pay for our band trip to Hawaii before I worry about gambling.

Online gamblingxnonox

eiu1999
November 25th, 2015, 11:17 AM

Being on here is nice work isn't it?

eiu1999
November 25th, 2015, 11:19 AM

Whitlow is the 2nd leading rusher on the team with 493. Church has 708.

BisonFan02
November 25th, 2015, 11:19 AM

MORE AGS WAGERS!!!!!!!!!! :D We are on a roll today.

JSUSoutherner
November 25th, 2015, 11:20 AM
Being on here is nice work isn't it?

Yeah, thankfully my job is pretty slow paced. Mostly just watching the machines and making needed adjustments to keep production going as it needs to. It helps my 12 hours go by a little less painfully everyday

Work has been especially slow today since it's a shutdown day.

deez_na
November 25th, 2015, 11:30 AM

I hear ya, I was also just messing with ya :D

Sycamore62
November 25th, 2015, 11:40 AM
ISUb would beat EIU.

This game wont be close. they will have none of the things going for them in their "signature losses" will be going for them this week.

They got to play ISUr at home in the evening who has spent the last 2 years squeaking out games they should be winning. they played JSU at home in crappy conditions late in the season.

Sycamore62
November 25th, 2015, 11:46 AM
5dimes things it will be in the neighborhood of 17.5 spread and over under of 41 so UNI 29 EIU 12?

JSUSoutherner
November 25th, 2015, 12:41 PM
ISUb would beat EIU.

This game wont be close. they will have none of the things going for them in their "signature losses" will be going for them this week.

They got to play ISUr at home in the evening who has spent the last 2 years squeaking out games they should be winning. they played JSU at home in crappy conditions late in the season.

Dude try to beat SEMO by more than one point before you try to talk trash.

This kind of talk reminds me of a certain Chattanooga fan argument where they ride around on lucky turnovers that make the game look closer it than it really was. You were actually out gained, out scored offensively, and for most of the game outplayed. The difference between this and the Moc's argument is that the Moc's actually having a winning record and a spot in the playoffs.

jtthenutt
November 25th, 2015, 12:44 PM
there seem to be a very limited amount of UNI and EIU people posting in this thread....

Sycamore62
November 25th, 2015, 01:24 PM
Dude try to beat SEMO by more than one point before you try to talk trash.

Well Dude, i wasnt talking trash. those were facts. all i hear all ****ing year is EKU this and JSU that. Well we barely made the playoffs last year and beat EKU handily in the playoffs. We basically have the same (type of) team this year with 1 or 2 balls rolling the other way from making the playoffs and being able to actually play them.

So when you say beat SEMO by more than 1 point before I talk trash, I would look up how EIU beat SEMO by 5, oh and their best player was out for the season at that point.

If I were trying to talk trash I would say something like ISUb was one of the worst programs in the history of FCS football until 5 years ago and we still only have 1 less playoff win than your OVC juggernaut.

JSUSoutherner
November 25th, 2015, 01:29 PM
Well Dude, i wasnt talking trash. those were facts. all i hear all ****ing year is EKU this and JSU that. Well we barely made the playoffs last year and beat EKU handily in the playoffs. We basically have the same (type of) team this year with 1 or 2 balls rolling the other way from making the playoffs and being able to actually play them.

So when you say beat SEMO by more than 1 point before I talk trash, I would look up how EIU beat SEMO by 5, oh and their best player was out for the season at that point.

If I were trying to talk trash I would say something like ISUb was one of the worst programs in the history of FCS football until 5 years ago and we still only have 1 less playoff win than your OVC juggernaut.

Dude saying ISUb would beat EIU is not a fact. Either way, as others have mentioned this is a UNI and EIU matchup thread not an OVC vs MVC thread. So can yall stop throwing every MVC team with a losing record up here with the claim they can beat EIU, we've gone through SIU and ISUb, whose next Missouri State? This stuff is getting old. UNI is the one playing EIU not the whole of the MVC so hop off.

And no JSU fan will argue that our playoff history is anything to write home about. That's what happens when your coach is Jack Crowe

Sycamore62
November 25th, 2015, 01:32 PM
Dude saying ISUb would beat EIU is not a fact. Either way, as others have mentioned this is a UNI and EIU matchup thread not an OVC vs MVC thread. So can yall stop throwing every MVC team with a losing record up here with the claim they can beat EIU, we've gone through SIU and ISUb, whose next Missouri State? This stuff is getting old. UNI is the one playing EIU not the whole of the MVC so hop off.

Youre right, I meant to point that opinion out. I got sidetracked trying to find all your playoff wins. I was sure there was at least one more.

JSUSoutherner
November 25th, 2015, 01:32 PM
Youre right, I meant to point that opinion out. I got sidetracked trying to find all your playoff wins. I was sure there was at least one more.

There isn't. Don't worry. There's not many.

Bisonator
November 25th, 2015, 01:48 PM
xpopcornx

uni88
November 25th, 2015, 02:02 PM
This stuff is getting old. EIU is the one playing UNI not the whole of the OVC so we should all hop off.

That's a 2 edged sword that can easily be flipped. ;)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Grizalltheway
November 25th, 2015, 02:06 PM
there seem to be a very limited amount of UNI and EIU people posting in this thread....

Proxy pissing match.

Sycamore62
November 25th, 2015, 02:09 PM
All i said was it was going to be a blow out and im not going to stop arguing different points until you all agree with me.

UNIFanSince1983
November 25th, 2015, 02:17 PM
All i said was it was going to be a blow out and im not going to stop arguing different points until you all agree with me.

Well I am not going to disagree with anyone who thinks UNI is going to win ;)

ming01
November 25th, 2015, 02:38 PM
I dont see them doing much against UNIs defense.

Big_Fan
November 25th, 2015, 04:41 PM
JSU doesn't have a game this week, and right now they are trying to convince themselves they have a chance this year. They are currently doing that by trying everything they can to build EIU into some unstoppable giant with the best defense since the 85 Bears.

We say EIU will lose by 2 to 3 td's, and that equates to making them into an unstoppable giant?

Seriously?

JSUSoutherner
November 25th, 2015, 05:29 PM
We say EIU will lose by 2 to 3 td's, and that equates to making them into an unstoppable giant?

Seriously?

Don't argue with them. Let them think they are right. It will be funny. The only team EIU gave up 40 to was Northwestern and the only teams UNI have dropped 40 on were three of the worst teams in the conference. It doesn't matter though because the MVC is an unstoppable force that obliterates every team in its path. They don't care that we all think they are going to win anyway, but by golly if you tell them it won't be a complete blowout but rather a modest 2 maybe 3 TD win with potential for EIU to be competitive, boy, you better be ready for it.

Bison56
November 25th, 2015, 05:52 PM
Don't argue with them. Let them think they are right. It will be funny. The only team EIU gave up 40 to was Northwestern and the only teams UNI have dropped 40 on were three of the worst teams in the conference. It doesn't matter though because the MVC is an unstoppable force that obliterates every team in its path. They don't care that we all think they are going to win anyway, but by golly if you tell them it won't be a complete blowout but rather a modest 2 maybe 3 TD win with potential for EIU to be competitive, boy, you better be ready for it.

Glad to see you are finally getting it:D

Sycamore62
November 25th, 2015, 06:03 PM

And its the internet and its playoff week 1 and everybody has a slow week and a bunch of free time. Maybe we should have a 1 post per game limit. What the hell else are we going to talk about.

PantherRob82
November 25th, 2015, 06:31 PM
17 points at MOST.

Quoted for historical purposes.

JSUSoutherner
November 25th, 2015, 06:32 PM
Quoted for historical purposes.

Do it. I stand by my prediction.
And to be clear I meant a 17 point win margin.
I.e. 38-21

Da Coach
November 25th, 2015, 06:36 PM
You had a pick six of your own vs. WIU did you not? They cancel out, you still lose!

PantherRob82
November 25th, 2015, 06:36 PM
MORE AGS WAGERS!!!!!!!!!! :D We are on a roll today.

Wait, is this a bet? xlolx

JSUSoutherner
November 25th, 2015, 06:37 PM
Wait, is this a bet? xlolx

Sure as long as the only thing at stake is bragging rights.

PantherRob82
November 25th, 2015, 06:40 PM
Sure as long as the only thing at stake is bragging rights.

It's an inside joke on the board, but you gotta be around before November to know that.

The Decemberists are coming.

JSUSoutherner
November 25th, 2015, 06:41 PM
It's an inside joke on the board, but you gotta be around before November to know that.

I see. I'm sure I'll learn eventually. Maybe.

JayJ79
November 25th, 2015, 07:00 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D5PtyrewSs

A long December and there's reason to believe
Maybe this year will be better than the last
I can't remember the last thing that you said as you were leavin'

Catsfan90
November 25th, 2015, 07:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D5PtyrewSs

A long December and there's reason to believe
Maybe this year will be better than the last
I can't remember the last thing that you said as you were leavin'
I was wondering why I was seeing a bunch of names I didn't recognize. Then it hit me...

eiupantherfan94
November 25th, 2015, 09:02 PM
Where did all the EIU fans disappear to? Followed Garoppolo to New England?? I remember all of them thinking they were all that in 2012 and 2013 only to fall short. JSU fans might want to throttle it down a little.....just sayin;)

Holy crap, there have been more JSU fans talking about EIU than actual EIU fans (I believe there were only 3-4 on here to begin with anyway lol). Anyway, I just can't see EIU winning. Whitlow has been horrible the last 3 games, and it's no coincidence he was also playing good defenses. We have some decent running backs, but if the passing game isn't working then we won't be able to run it effectively. As I said in another thread, I was surprised EIU got into the playoffs at all. Only way they keep it close is if they force turnovers and are able to generate points. Otherwise, I predict a 35-14 victory by UNI. It won't be like the 2012 game vs. SDSU, which people should have seen coming if they had seen how awful EIU's defense was that season.

PantherRob82
November 25th, 2015, 09:46 PM
Holy crap, there have been more JSU fans talking about EIU than actual EIU fans (I believe there were only 3-4 on here to begin with anyway lol). Anyway, I just can't see EIU winning. Whitlow has been horrible the last 3 games, and it's no coincidence he was also playing good defenses. We have some decent running backs, but if the passing game isn't working then we won't be able to run it effectively. As I said in another thread, I was surprised EIU got into the playoffs at all. Only way they keep it close is if they force turnovers and are able to generate points. Otherwise, I predict a 35-14 victory by UNI. It won't be like the 2012 game vs. SDSU, which people should have seen coming if they had seen how awful EIU's defense was that season.

*cue JSU fans to tell you that you don't know anything about EIU or the OVC. xlolx ;)

JSUSoutherner
November 25th, 2015, 09:49 PM
*cue JSU fans to tell you that you don't know anything about EIU or the OVC. xlolx ;)
Predicting a 3TD win is different than saying a 40 point blowout is imminent. But Ok.

Big_Fan
November 26th, 2015, 01:02 AM

...considering he is predicting a 3TD margin, and we are predicting a 2-3 TD margin, I would say that we are in agreement.

It is you Myopic Valley fans predicting a 40+ point blowout we take issue with.

The sad thing is, if UNI wins by 14 you will be saying "SEE!!! WE TOLD YOU LOLZ!!!111" even though we are calling for that (or a little worse)... just not some crazy 40 point spread.

PantherRob82
November 26th, 2015, 01:30 AM
...considering he is predicting a 3TD margin, and we are predicting a 2-3 TD margin, I would say that we are in agreement.

It is you Myopic Valley fans predicting a 40+ point blowout we take issue with.

The sad thing is, if UNI wins by 14 you will be saying "SEE!!! WE TOLD YOU LOLZ!!!111" even though we are calling for that (or a little worse)... just not some crazy 40 point spread.

What do you mean "you fans"? ;)

Loyl2u
November 26th, 2015, 03:11 AM
Eastern Illinois gave up 420 yards to Illinois State, UNI allowed 250.this is the best stat to look at when comparing ISUr games. Birds were going through a very tough patch trying to deal with several injuries over the EIU-UNI-YSU games. i watched both EIU and UNI Redbird games in person. While we saw them both in the first third of the season, my guess is UNI defense should hold EIU to 7-14 points and at home, I expect UNI to score 28-30. I'll say 28-7 UNI in the dome.

Big_Fan
November 26th, 2015, 04:01 AM
this is the best stat to look at when comparing ISUr games. Birds were going through a very tough patch trying to deal with several injuries over the EIU-UNI-YSU games. i watched both EIU and UNI Redbird games in person. While we saw them both in the first third of the season, my guess is UNI defense should hold EIU to 7-14 points and at home, I expect UNI to score 28-30. I'll say 28-7 UNI in the dome.

A reasonable prediction. :) So...somewhere between 30-7 and 28-14, with a prediction of 28-7...

UNI could blow them out.
EIU could win straight up.

I think it will be a 2-3 TD game, though I am thinking on the lower end. The ball bounces funny sometimes, and I am pulling for EIU to make a game of it.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 26th, 2015, 07:12 AM
SIU has a good offense when they are not playing a good defense. Putting up almost 700 yards and 73 points on Mizzou State padded their stats a bit. Top teams could do that on virtually every weak sister they play... JSU could have done that against half of the teams we played, but we pulled our starters as early as the end of the first quarter.

The funny thing is, now you want to admit that SIU has a weak defense, since it suits your argument. That was not a point of discussion when pointing out how UNI's offense had "turned it on" over the past 3 games of the season... that offense turned it on against some terrible defenses. EIU would "turn it on" against SIU... and EIU's defense is a far sight better than the SEMO team that beat SIU. SIU is Murray State of the MVFC...their defenses are statistically quite similar, but Murray had 2x FBS games. Murray may have a better offense than SIU, but they played 2x FBS teams + JSU. Murray vs SIU would be a fun game... EIU would just mudhole them. You Myopic Valley homers are amazing.

It is well established that Missouri State has a terrible defense.
We have established (you admit) that SIU has a terrible defense.
All you have to do now is admit that the #82 ranked defense belonging to Indiana State is not good, and we can drop the idea that UNI has an unstoppable juggernaut offense that manifested itself over the last 3 weeks of the season. Heck, Indiana State threw 2 pick-sixes and had 3 more turnovers on their side of the 50 to help UNI get the score... that wasn't the UNI offense, anyway.

Put on your glasses. EIU is substantially better than the last three teams UNI played. Unless EIU commits a pile of turnovers, the game will be closer than the 40 point crap you guys are spouting. Nobody is saying EIU will win straight up, but that is more likely than a 40 point blowout.

Hey Einstein. SIU does put up good numbers against good defenses. NDSU's defense is one of the best in the nation, total defense and scoring defense, and SIU put up 29 against them.

I have said in other threads that SIU's defense is not very good.

I cannot wait to see the unstoppable force that is EIU come Saturday...xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 26th, 2015, 07:14 AM
UNI 42 - EIU 7

Easy win for UNI

This here!

Big_Fan
November 26th, 2015, 07:29 AM
Hey Einstein. SIU does put up good numbers against good defenses. NDSU's defense is one of the best in the nation, total defense and scoring defense, and SIU put up 29 against them.

Another Myopic fan with a straw man fixation. Suddenly, saying that a team will lose by 2-3 TD's against a 7-4 team equates to calling them an unstoppable force. Sheesh. I can't imagine what you would call them if we said that they were actually going to win.

FWIW, I think Montana stands a better than average chance of winning at home over SDSU. Does that mean that I am saying Montana is the greatest team of all time, or is negated by the fact that this 7-4 team (with losses to Cal-Poly, Liberty, and Weber) beat NDSU?

Cocky
November 26th, 2015, 07:31 AM

I know there has been a lot of back and forth but has anyone predicted an EIU win? Unstoppable force? most have said EIU offense sucks. The defense isnt bad but most will tell you their weakness is offense.

May want to start back at the beginning or I will summarize for you, MVC fans say UNI by 40+, others UNI by 14 - 21.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 26th, 2015, 07:45 AM
Another Myopic fan with a straw man fixation. Suddenly, saying that a team will lose by 2-3 TD's against a 7-4 team equates to calling them an unstoppable force. Sheesh. I can't imagine what you would call them if we said that they were actually going to win.

FWIW, I think Montana stands a better than average chance of winning at home over SDSU. Does that mean that I am saying Montana is the greatest team of all time, or is negated by the fact that this 7-4 team (with losses to Cal-Poly, Liberty, and Weber) beat NDSU?

xlolx

This thread is pure gold.

JayJ79
November 26th, 2015, 07:47 AM
I think the Panthers will pull it off

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 26th, 2015, 07:51 AM
I know there has been a lot of back and forth but has anyone predicted an EIU win? Unstoppable force? most have said EIU offense sucks. The defense isnt bad but most will tell you their weakness is offense.

May want to start back at the beginning or I will summarize for you, MVC fans say UNI by 40+, others UNI by 14 - 21.

Like I said, pure gold!!

Your fellow JSU fan, johnny come lately, JSUsoutherner, kicked it off with some gems in posts #12 and #35.

Looking forward to watching this one.

xnodx

Cocky
November 26th, 2015, 08:11 AM
Like I said, pure gold!!

Your fellow JSU fan, johnny come lately, JSUsoutherner, kicked it off with some gems in posts #12 and #35.

Looking forward to watching this one.

xnodx
Those post pretty much are summed up by what I posted above. He doesnt say anywhere in the posts he thinks EIU will win. The posts only states EIU could win, offense isnt UNIs strongest side of the ball and he doesnt believe UNI will score 40.

Still havent found the unstoppable machine known as EIU yet.

Its just entertaining to read people argue with others they are agreeing with. The sky is blue we just cant agree on which shade of blue.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 26th, 2015, 08:13 AM
Those post pretty much are summed up by what I posted above. He doesnt say anywhere in the posts he thinks EIU will win. The posts only states EIU could win, offense isnt UNIs strongest side of the ball and he doesnt believe UNI will score 40.

Still havent found the unstoppable machine known as EIU yet.

Its just entertaining to read people argue with others they are agreeing with. The sky is blue we just cant agree on which shade of blue.

You wont. That is all mine!

xthumbsupx

No_Skill
November 26th, 2015, 09:40 AM
I'm thinking UNI wins 27-7 but only because they pull their starters after the first quarter because they don't want to embarrass EIU in the playoffs.

Sycamore62
November 26th, 2015, 09:42 AM

This is why I said ISUb would beat EIU, I couldnt find it when i posted it. Of course is was a JSU fan that brought it up.

I got bored looking through all the posts reading the actual predictions but I havent found one that says it will be a 40+ blowout.

there are plenty of blowouts predicted, why not just say 35+ blowout and be accurate

Cocky
November 26th, 2015, 09:52 AM
Guys, you all agree so no one can win the argument.
Ill pick EIU so everyone can argue with me but I dont have anything to backup, justify or substantiate EIU winning.

Sycamore62
November 26th, 2015, 10:00 AM
Did I miss something where Alabama just got the internet?

we are talking about sports as opposing fans and you are mad that we wont agree.

Ill be stunned if EIU wins or makes it close in the 4th qtr (barring a key player injury)

Ive been wrong once this week when they let WIU in the playoffs and then pissed that the missed extra point by ISUb might have kept us out with the MVC 6-5 record. (I still say we wouldnt have since we didnt have any signature wins)

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2015, 10:28 AM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/26/3e63f5ea7fe6fd2803b5e346e6aeb9f5.jpg

You MVC fan girls are so entertaining. Like Big Fan said, if you get this pissy about us predicting a 2-3 TD win imagine the chaos had we predicted a win.

Thundar
November 26th, 2015, 10:46 AM
UnI wins barely, they don't have a great postseason track record and I wouldn't be shocked or sad if they lost

dewey
November 26th, 2015, 10:47 AM
I think UNI WI s this game fairly easily. I'll take the purple Panthers 31-10.

Dewey

Sycamore62
November 26th, 2015, 11:49 AM
UnI wins barely, they don't have a great postseason track record and I wouldn't be shocked or sad if they lost

See. That wasn't so bad.

Thundar
November 26th, 2015, 11:53 AM
See. That wasn't so bad.
What wasn't bad??

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Sycamore62
November 26th, 2015, 12:07 PM
What wasn't bad??

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Lol. Just a prediction from a MVFC fan that will appease JSU fans soft feelings.

JaxSinfonian
November 26th, 2015, 12:12 PM
This thread is boring.

clenz
November 26th, 2015, 01:18 PM

UNIs record in the first game of the playoffs is pretty good

mamberso
November 26th, 2015, 01:24 PM
This thread is boring.
... and embarrassing.

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

BisonFan02
November 26th, 2015, 03:50 PM
I've got the panthers in this one.... :D

Catsfan90
November 26th, 2015, 03:52 PM
31-7 UNI

Jackal
November 26th, 2015, 04:02 PM
27-24 EIU

NDSUtk
November 26th, 2015, 04:11 PM
17 points at MOST.
You're saying UNI will put up 17 at most?

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2015, 04:17 PM
You're saying UNI will put up 17 at most?

No I'm saying the win margin will be no larger than 17 points. I.e. 38-21 is good 42-21 isn't.
That's just my prediction.

NDSUtk
November 26th, 2015, 04:29 PM
No I'm saying the win margin will be no larger than 17 points. I.e. 38-21 is good 42-21 isn't.
That's just my prediction.
I don't think anyone predicted UNI to win by 40. They were saying that UNI would score 40.

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2015, 04:38 PM
I don't think anyone predicted UNI to win by 40. They were saying that UNI would score 40.

we also gave ISUr a run for their money then proceeded to get beat by UNI 59-13. And i said AT LEAST 40

Yup

NDSUtk
November 26th, 2015, 04:42 PM

Here you go for his actual prediction. Score 40. EIU with 6 to 9. Subtract from the 40 of UNI and you get 31 to 34 margin of victory.

Yup.

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2015, 04:44 PM
Here you go for his actual prediction. Score 40. EIU with 6 to 9. Subtract from the 40 of UNI and you get 31 to 34 margin of victory.

Yup.

He said at least 40. He reminded me very explicitly. Still a win margin of 30+ won't happen.

PantherRob82
November 26th, 2015, 04:55 PM
He said at least 40. He reminded me very explicitly. Still a win margin of 30+ won't happen.

He said we will SCORE at least 40. F%$#in music majors. ​xanim_chaix

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2015, 05:00 PM
He said we will SCORE at least 40. F%$#in music majors. ​xanim_chaix

Either way, taking his 34 point win margin, that isn't happening either.

17 point margin at most is my prediction.

Oh also I'm not a music major, but good try.

PantherRob82
November 26th, 2015, 05:08 PM
Either way, taking his 34 point win margin, that isn't happening either.

17 point margin at most is my prediction.

Oh also I'm not a music major, but good try.

Sorru, F$#%in guy who has to save up for a band trip to Hawaii. ;)

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2015, 05:09 PM
Sorru, F$#%in guy who has to save up for a band trip to Hawaii. ;)

There are a lot worse things I could be. Like a Chattanooga student. ;)

Professor Chaos
November 26th, 2015, 05:16 PM
27-24 EIU
Be afraid UNI fans... be very afraid.

From 10/14 (3 days before the NDSU/USD game this year):

USD 24
NDSU 21

Book it

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2015, 05:20 PM
Be afraid Panther fans... be very afraid.

So EIU doesn't have to go to the dome anymore and they just automatically advance right? ;)

BisonFan02
November 26th, 2015, 05:23 PM
Be afraid Panther fans... be very afraid.

https://maximumwage.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/heehee.gif

Cocky
November 26th, 2015, 05:30 PM
Did I miss something where Alabama just got the internet?

we are talking about sports as opposing fans and you are mad that we wont agree.

Ill be stunned if EIU wins or makes it close in the 4th qtr (barring a key player injury)

Ive been wrong once this week when they let WIU in the playoffs and then pissed that the missed extra point by ISUb might have kept us out with the MVC 6-5 record. (I still say we wouldnt have since we didnt have any signature wins)

My point everyone is agreeing. Everybody is saying UNI should win.

Who has picked UNI to win? Who has pick EIU to win?

Yes we have just gotten internet in Alabama. Was it on the news in Illinois?

Sycamore62
November 26th, 2015, 06:32 PM
My point everyone is agreeing. Everybody is saying UNI should win.

Who has picked UNI to win? Who has pick EIU to win?

Yes we have just gotten internet in Alabama. Was it on the news in Illinois?

The internet thing was mostly about you getting mad that we werent agreeing with you.

I'm close to changing my mind to UNI winning by 40+

Cocky
November 26th, 2015, 10:19 PM
The internet thing was mostly about you getting mad that we werent agreeing with you.

I'm close to changing my mind to UNI winning by 40+

Heck no I'm not mad, just entertain you guys were agree UNI should win but still arguing over a few points.

Or maybe its my reading comprehension.

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2015, 10:34 PM
Heck no I'm not mad, just entertain you guys were agree UNI should win but still arguing over a few points.

Or maybe its my reading comprehension.

Wer frum Jaxsinvill, Alerbammer we cn't reed. U crazee.
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/26/0c05ef2a05734e35f6f7c49f562bdace.jpg

herd13
November 26th, 2015, 11:09 PM
After reading this thread I'm firmly convinced EIU wins by a last second sack. 2-0.

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2015, 11:20 PM
After reading this thread I'm firmly convinced EIU wins by a last second sack. 2-0.

Sigh.
Don't forget about UNI's missed FG's and shanked punt.
And the missed holding call.

Sycamore62
November 27th, 2015, 12:26 AM
Don't be surprised to see Bo Pelini pick up at least 1 unsportsmanlike conduct in this game.

Thumper 76
November 27th, 2015, 12:10 PM
I'm just stunned that the Caseys Pizza postulate hasn't been discussed more in this matchup.

PantherRob82
November 27th, 2015, 12:12 PM
I'm just stunned that the Caseys Pizza postulate hasn't been discussed more in this matchup.

That only applies to MVFC play.

JayJ79
November 27th, 2015, 01:17 PM
closest Casey's is 1.4 miles from EIU's OBrien Field, and there are 3 Casey's locations within about 10 miles

closest Casey's is 2.2 miles from UNI's UNI Dome, and there are at least 10 Casey's locations within about 10 miles, but they do have Casey advertising and sponsorship in the stadium (and on the basketball court next door in the McLeod Center)

Sycamore62
November 27th, 2015, 01:35 PM
closest Casey's is 1.4 miles from EIU's OBrien Field, and there are 3 Casey's locations within about 10 miles

closest Casey's is 2.2 miles from UNI's UNI Dome, and there are at least 10 Casey's locations within about 10 miles, but they do have Casey advertising and sponsorship in the stadium (and on the basketball court next door in the McLeod Center)

23 miles from Obrien field is a Casey's in the town of Casey

skyhawks84
November 27th, 2015, 02:03 PM
UTM would have had a better chance to pick up a W in the playoffs than EIU.

JSUSoutherner
November 27th, 2015, 03:15 PM
UTM would have had a better chance to pick up a W in the playoffs than EIU.
That's debatable. Maybe we'll see next year.

If UTM had a defense they would definitely be in the playoffs. Or if they didn't elect to play two SEC teams and a D-2 in one year. Or didn't lose the turnover battle against EIU. UTM's offence is something fierce.

mamberso
November 27th, 2015, 03:28 PM
UNI 34-3

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

skyhawks84
November 27th, 2015, 03:53 PM
Gotta believe Simpson regrets buying out of a HOME game against Central Arkansas just to replace them with Bethel. The defense would have fine but losing a preseason all conference middle linebacker hurt plus having 4 DBs hurt all year was a major factor.

jsualumnus
November 27th, 2015, 09:55 PM
As tough as UTM was this year, EIU really ended up with a very good team and deserved the playoffs. UTM will be there next year! Good luck EIU... Get a win!!!

eiu1999
November 28th, 2015, 10:11 AM
I'm revising my prediction to 31-7.

PanthersBlue
November 28th, 2015, 04:31 PM

Hmmmmmmm

PantherRob82
November 28th, 2015, 04:41 PM

So far you have the 7 right. xlolx

JSUSoutherner
November 28th, 2015, 04:57 PM
Remember when all the UNI fans said they were going to waffle stomp EIU? How's that working so far?

PantherRob82
November 28th, 2015, 05:00 PM

Remember when all the UNI fans said they were going to waffle stomp EIU? How's that working so far?

They have 7 as predicited....how's savinf for your band trip. xrolleyesx

JSUSoutherner
November 28th, 2015, 05:02 PM
They have 7 as predicited....how's savinf for your band trip. xrolleyesx
Going well. We finally got our payment schedule today. Looks a lot more manageable than I expected. :D

Sycamore62
November 28th, 2015, 05:03 PM
Relax. I didn't say they would score 40 in the first half

PantherRob82
November 28th, 2015, 05:03 PM
Going well. We finally got our payment schedule today. Looks a lot more manageable than I expected. :D

Good to hear. I'd wait a bit to crow about this game. xlolx

clenz
November 28th, 2015, 05:16 PM
Care to start pulling actual UNI predictions?

PantherRob82
November 28th, 2015, 05:27 PM
Care to comment if UNI gets another TD here....lol

PantherRob82
November 28th, 2015, 06:08 PM
Bump, 30-10 with 27 mins left

Bison56
November 28th, 2015, 06:11 PM
Where did you go?xlolx

UNIFanSince1983
November 28th, 2015, 06:24 PM
36-17 now UNI ;)

Still 9 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. I think 40 is pretty attainable on this vaunted EIU defense...

clenz
November 28th, 2015, 06:40 PM
43-17

Sycamore62
November 28th, 2015, 06:43 PM
Well i have things to do. 3 qtrs is my limit to this game

Prime Power
November 28th, 2015, 06:44 PM
UNI is definitely a contender for the NC. EIU's D is getting destroyed.

jtthenutt
November 28th, 2015, 06:45 PM
soooo....Aaron Bailey? http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21894&stc=1

BisonFan02
November 28th, 2015, 06:55 PM
Blocked punt..... xlolx

eiupantherfan94
November 28th, 2015, 06:56 PM
If Dameron is the defensive guru everyone says he is, in a few years hopefully EIU should have a defense that won't be bulldozed by a good running attack, and maybe a team that doesn't commit fundamental errors and stupid unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. I have no idea what the selection committee saw in EIU. The OVC was weak again this year yet the committee feels obligated it seems to select at least one at-large a year.

clenz
November 28th, 2015, 06:59 PM
Blocked punt..... xlolx

Zero points

PantherRob82
November 28th, 2015, 07:00 PM
If Dameron is the defensive guru everyone says he is, in a few years hopefully EIU should have a defense that won't be bulldozed by a good running attack, and maybe a team that doesn't commit fundamental errors and stupid unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. I have no idea what the selection committee saw in EIU. The OVC was weak again this year yet the committee feels obligated it seems to select at least one at-large a year.

You guys are fine. This ribbing is only for Jax St fans

clenz
November 28th, 2015, 07:00 PM
JSUsoutherner, where the hell you at bro

eiupantherfan94
November 28th, 2015, 07:02 PM
Can't wait for Whitlow to be gone...

Bisonoline
November 28th, 2015, 07:02 PM

Youre in the band? Hell----now that explains a lot! xlolx

UNI Pike
November 28th, 2015, 07:19 PM
OVC loses a playoff game? Unprecedented.

From my NSA monitored nexus 5

Bison56
November 28th, 2015, 07:21 PM

Hello.......is there anybody there

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 28th, 2015, 07:23 PM

53 so far....xthumbsupx

UNIFanSince1983
November 28th, 2015, 07:23 PM

Imagine what he would have thought it we actually predicted 50...

clenz
November 28th, 2015, 07:24 PM

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/28/bc53b7fab9d95267b081682e31b5cf53.jpg

Bison56
November 28th, 2015, 07:25 PM
Well he did say 17 at most, but I don't think it meant EIUs total points.xlolx

Bisonator
November 28th, 2015, 07:26 PM
Do it. I stand by my prediction.
And to be clear I meant a 17 point win margin.
I.e. 38-21

xlolx

Bison56
November 28th, 2015, 07:26 PM
JSUsoutherner, where the hell you at bro

Cleaning his flute.
I can't help myself.:p

clenz
November 28th, 2015, 07:29 PM
xlolx

38?

Pssh

Sycamore62
November 28th, 2015, 07:30 PM
I stand corrected. I didnt think they would get those extra 7 points.

JaxSinfonian
November 28th, 2015, 07:31 PM
Youre in the band? Hell----now that explains a lot! xlolx

Look, the guy has earned most of what's getting thrown at him here, but what exactly does his band membership explain?

Sycamore62
November 28th, 2015, 07:36 PM
Look, the guy has earned most of what's getting thrown at him here, but what exactly does his band membership explain?

Agreed about the band. The best feeling I had in sports was that anticipation of running on the field to the band playing the school song. A great band can make the atmosphere that much better.

thebootfitter
November 28th, 2015, 08:08 PM
I'm just being a richard...

PantherRob82
November 28th, 2015, 08:24 PM
He's probably done for 2015

uni88
November 28th, 2015, 08:30 PM
I think JSUSoutherner adds something to the board so I hope he comes back to eat his crow and then sticks around. We've all screwed up a prediction at least once.

The band jokes are in line with jocks making fun of band, drama, etc. kids. Low-brow and unnecessary.

clenz
November 28th, 2015, 08:36 PM
I think JSUSoutherner adds something to the board so I hope he comes back to eat his crow and then sticks around. We've all screwed up a prediction at least once.

The band jokes are in line with jocks making fun of band, drama, etc. kids. Low-brow and unnecessary.

He wasn't just wrong once. He split 3s and then kept doubling down after every card that came out

http://youtu.be/2ZySczvRu50

PantherRob82
November 28th, 2015, 08:36 PM

The band jokes are because he talked big and then gave the excuse of having to pay for a band trip. xrolleyesx

Sycamore62
November 28th, 2015, 08:37 PM

I used to make fun of golf and band....I haven't been able to play a down of football since 1997 at the UNI dome but most of of the band and golfers from then could go out and play either right now.

i still mAke fun of soccer. **** soccer (unless you are down by 2 at the end of a game)

centennial
November 28th, 2015, 08:38 PM
He wasn't just wrong once. He split 3s and then kept doubling down after every card that came out

http://youtu.be/2ZySczvRu50
That's his style.

TheKingpin28
November 28th, 2015, 08:42 PM
JSUSoutherner reminds me of Redbird 4th and 10, or whatever the Decembrists' name was. Talk big and disappear when it counts. If JSU losses to chat, how will AGS respond?

clenz
November 28th, 2015, 08:43 PM
I have a feeling he isn't talking about a rock band type deal

He strikes me as a saxophone player type of guy

JSUSoutherner
November 28th, 2015, 08:48 PM
Sorry, I was out at a movie. I have things I like to do other than sit on the internet all day :)

Sorry for believing that a team had a chance. I know that's so frowned upon.
Congrats to UNI, I'm not going to be like a lot of other fans and make excuses when they end up being wrong. Very good showing by UNI.
Gloat all you want. We will just have to wait to see who can back it up in Frisco.
Again, congrats UNI on your win, very well earned.

He strikes me as a saxophone player type of guy

Alto saxophone, as a matter of fact. :)

Bison56
November 28th, 2015, 08:50 PM
Sorry, I was out at a movie. I have things I like to do other than sit on the internet all day :)

Congrats to UNI, I'm not going to be like a lot of other fans and make excuses when they end up being wrong. Very good showing by UNI.
Gloat all you want. We will just have to wait to see who can back it up in Frisco.
How was the movie?

JSUSoutherner
November 28th, 2015, 08:50 PM
How was the movie?

Great, went to see Spectre. Worth the watch in my opinion.

UNI Pike
November 28th, 2015, 08:57 PM
I was quite disappointed with latest bond film - it seemed soulless. Sane for EIU.

Sycamore62
November 28th, 2015, 09:04 PM
Truth is we all love arguing why we think the outcome of the game will be what we think. If we were all at a bar it wouldn't take a whole week to come to an impasse.

JSUSoutherner
November 28th, 2015, 09:11 PM
I was quite disappointed with latest bond film - it seemed soulless. Sane for EIU.

It wasn't nearly as good as Skyfall no, but few things are. It managed to keep my attention for 2.5 hours and Craig is always fun to watch.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 28th, 2015, 09:13 PM
It wasn't nearly as good as Skyfall no, but few things are. It managed to keep my attention for 2.5 hours and Craig is always fun to watch.

Casino Royale is the best Craig, Bond movie.....I haven't seen the new one yet!

JSUSoutherner
November 28th, 2015, 09:19 PM
Also the excuse of the band trip is pretty legitimate, you can look it up on the band's webpage. We are going to Waikiki next year to play at the 75th Pearl Harbor memorial.

PantherRob82
November 28th, 2015, 09:20 PM
JSUSoutherner reminds me of Redbird 4th and 10, or whatever the Decembrists' name was. Talk big and disappear when it counts. If JSU losses to chat, how will AGS respond?

4th and short. He'll be back. F***er.

- - - Updated - - -

Alto saxophone, as a matter of fact. :)

I don't see you making Frisco. At least you get to go to Hawaii. Sounds awesome.

(I love marching bands by the way)

Bison56
November 28th, 2015, 09:28 PM
Also the excuse of the band trip is pretty legitimate, you can look it up on the band's webpage. We are going to Waikiki next year to play at the 75th Pearl Harbor memorial.

Take me with in your instrument case. It's cold here. :D

JSUSoutherner
November 28th, 2015, 09:30 PM
Take me with in your instrument case. It's cold here. :D

My brother is actually in Hawaii now, he performed in the Waikiki Holiday Parade with the high school band. He said when they stepped off the plane it was 86 degrees.

ST_Lawson
November 28th, 2015, 09:37 PM

Need a trombone? I can still play. Might not be good, but it will be loud.

PantherRob82
November 28th, 2015, 09:39 PM
Need a trombone? I can still play. Might not be good, but it will be loud.

That's the WIU band for you. :D

ST_Lawson
November 28th, 2015, 09:40 PM
That's the WIU band for you. :D

Ah, so you're familiar with our work ;)

PantherRob82
November 28th, 2015, 09:41 PM
Ah, so you're familiar with our work ;)

You're the loud annoying people in Macomb, right? xlolx

ST_Lawson
November 28th, 2015, 09:43 PM
You're the loud annoying people in Macomb, right? xlolx