PDA

View Full Version : Starting to hear noise that Rob Ash and staff have been fired

Silenoz
November 23rd, 2015, 12:06 PM
If true, virtually every program better have Tim Cramsey on speed dial before the the FBS world notices

Schism55
November 23rd, 2015, 12:10 PM
Had to google to figure who the F Tim Cramsey is, might want to tone down the hyperbole

Silenoz
November 23rd, 2015, 12:13 PM
Had to google to figure who the F Tim Cramsey is, might want to tone down the hyperbole

Sounds like a you problem

Schism55
November 23rd, 2015, 12:22 PM
Montana St is preparing for the playoffs then right? Oh wait

Grizalltheway
November 23rd, 2015, 12:23 PM
Montana St is preparing for the playoffs then right? Oh wait

No, that's why they're canning him.xeyebrowx

Silenoz
November 23rd, 2015, 12:24 PM
Well you obviously know what you're talking about

FargoBison
November 23rd, 2015, 12:25 PM
Noon press conference scheduled at MSU. Rob Ash tenure is over at Montana State

https://twitter.com/gregrachac/status/668855748382711808

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 23rd, 2015, 12:27 PM
Wow!

Great man, solid but unspectacular coach! I had some great conversation with he and his wife! Good family!

He'll find a home in the Midwest! I wouldn't be surprised to see him land at a school in Iowa...

Franks Tanks
November 23rd, 2015, 12:30 PM
If true, virtually every program better have Tim Cramsey on speed dial before the the FBS world notices

No kidding. I posted on our board about a month ago that Lafayette should hire him. He is an Allentown guy, and I think would love to come home. Our AD is too dam stupid to make this happen however. The guy is such a freaking doofus.

centennial
November 23rd, 2015, 12:30 PM
Wow!

Great man, solid but unspectacular coach! I had some great conversation with he and his wife! Good family!

He'll find a home in the Midwest! I wouldn't be surprised to see him land at a school in Iowa...
I called both this and Glenn weeks ago. At least Glenn had the NDSU victory. Ash was not helping at all.

mvemjsunpx
November 23rd, 2015, 12:33 PM
I won't be shocked if they promote Cramsey from within like Portland State did with Barnum.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 23rd, 2015, 12:34 PM
I won't be shocked if they promote Cramsey from within like Portland State did with Barnum.

Probably not a bad idea at all.

Silenoz
November 23rd, 2015, 12:36 PM
My source says Fields is gone too. Not sure how likely that is. Probably more likely than Cramsey though, unless MSU really is that stupid

Daytripper
November 23rd, 2015, 12:39 PM
Craig Bohl, when he gets fired at Wyoming.

Bisonator
November 23rd, 2015, 12:40 PM

Does he know a decent defensive coordinator? That's been MSU's Achilles heel for a long time.

Bisonator
November 23rd, 2015, 12:41 PM

That won't be until next year.

Daytripper
November 23rd, 2015, 12:43 PM
Could somebody start a thread with all of the FCS coaching vacancies?

Uncle Rico's Clan
November 23rd, 2015, 01:03 PM

According to Rachac, the whole staff has been let go. I'm not sure if they would possibly rehire Cramsey though.

Uncle Rico's Clan
November 23rd, 2015, 01:14 PM
More information coming out; Cramsey will remain as the "point person" for the program, and the rest of the staff will be evaluated and the new head coach could potentially keep them on.

veinup
November 23rd, 2015, 01:15 PM
the whole staff is gone? damn xlolx. serious housecleaning ..

edit: nevermind, didn't see last post

ps. nice new avatar Brock

colonelblitz
November 23rd, 2015, 04:04 PM
Does he know a decent defensive coordinator? That's been MSU's Achilles heel for a long time. Dean Hood EKU.. Prior DC at Wake Forest

bobcathpdevil56
November 23rd, 2015, 04:19 PM
Big, but necessary step. Never easy to fire the career wins leader, who took over a program in a mess and righted the ship. But, this teams needs an edge and some fire, Ash was not able to bring that. Gonna be an interesting search for the next HC.

One of the funniest/never ever ever ever going to happen suggestions: Bobby Hauck. Man would I love to be in that interview where refuses to call it Montana State.

bobcathpdevil56
November 23rd, 2015, 04:26 PM
Just another thing to keep an eye on. Seems Prukop does not want to play for any other coach then Cramsey. So definitely a big part of this situation. He will be done with his degree from MSU in December.

Grizalltheway
November 23rd, 2015, 04:30 PM
ps. nice new avatar Brock

Is that the one-hander that he caught or the one he dropped?

Silenoz
November 23rd, 2015, 05:27 PM
Just another thing to keep an eye on. Seems Prukop does not want to play for any other coach then Cramsey. So definitely a big part of this situation. He will be done with his degree from MSU in December.

Not saying Cramsey isn't your man, but trying to leverage a single player's senior year for the job? Doesn't seem like the wisest way of going about it

putter
November 23rd, 2015, 06:00 PM
I would fire Fields as well. That guy doesn't help the department either. First Kramer and now Ash.....

bobcathpdevil56
November 23rd, 2015, 06:50 PM
Not saying Cramsey isn't your man, but trying to leverage a single player's senior year for the job? Doesn't seem like the wisest way of going about it

Agree completely. Dakota is a great football player, but I hope this choice isn't made with just one player in mind.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 23rd, 2015, 06:52 PM
I would fire Fields as well. That guy doesn't help the department either. First Kramer and now Ash.....

From what it written he doesn't seem to be well liked. I know their basketball has been terrible recently. Not sure what sports they really excel in?

Bozeman is blowing up population wise. The people will support a quality, entertaining product....

centennial
November 23rd, 2015, 06:53 PM
I would get a nice upstart from DII, and try to poach some good defensive coaches. If the defense can improve MSU could become dangerous.

Grizzlies82
November 23rd, 2015, 06:59 PM

Devil, it seems to me that Cramsey might be the perfect pick for "Interim" coach.
Give him next year and see if he can find someone who can create a defense. If not find the real coach in 2016.

veinup
November 23rd, 2015, 07:08 PM
Is that the one-hander that he caught or the one he dropped?

i believe that's the one where he decided to be great

mvemjsunpx
November 23rd, 2015, 08:10 PM

This seems like a pretty empty threat. He can't transfer without using the grad school rule and I believe MSU offers a Master's in his field (Economics). He ain't getting drafted, either.

I guess he could enroll in grad school in something tangentially related to his major elsewhere, but he might have to look long & hard.

bobcathpdevil56
November 23rd, 2015, 08:30 PM
From what it written he doesn't seem to be well liked. I know their basketball has been terrible recently. Not sure what sports they really excel in?

Bozeman is blowing up population wise. The people will support a quality, entertaining product....

Unfortunately not many lately. Rugby clubs are doing well.

bobcathpdevil56
November 23rd, 2015, 08:31 PM
Devil, it seems to me that Cramsey might be the perfect pick for "Interim" coach.
Give him next year and see if he can find someone who can create a defense. If not find the real coach in 2016.

I think he has the inside track for the job. I hope he gets a chance, but not at the expense of letting a better candidate walk.

Franks Tanks
November 23rd, 2015, 08:45 PM
I would get a nice upstart from DII, and try to poach some good defensive coaches. If the defense can improve MSU could become dangerous.
How bout the guy from CSU-Pueblo?

Dont hire Cramsey, I want him at Lafayette!

centennial
November 23rd, 2015, 08:56 PM

Dont hire Cramsey, I want him at Lafayette!
That would be a home run hire. One of the guys to consider if Coach Klieman gets taken(there have been some grumblings).

mvemjsunpx
November 23rd, 2015, 09:13 PM

Wristen had a domestic violence conviction within the last decade, so that would definitely be an issue.

ngineer
November 23rd, 2015, 09:24 PM
No kidding. I posted on our board about a month ago that Lafayette should hire him. He is an Allentown guy, and I think would love to come home. Our AD is too dam stupid to make this happen however. The guy is such a freaking doofus.

I doubt LC is willing to pay what a coach of that caliber should command. Frank will play out the string next year. Maybe they have Troxell waiting in the wings?

Franks Tanks
November 23rd, 2015, 09:39 PM
I doubt LC is willing to pay what a coach of that caliber should command. Frank will play out the string next year. Maybe they have Troxell waiting in the wings?

Dont know what he would demand, but Frank does all right. Bruce has nobody waiting I the wings. I cannot emphasize enough how incompetent he is. I don't think it will be Trox though, he will probably just hire Mickey Fein.

JALMOND
November 23rd, 2015, 10:49 PM
More information coming out; Cramsey will remain as the "point person" for the program, and the rest of the staff will be evaluated and the new head coach could potentially keep them on.

Very similar to Portland State last year. We fired Burton, kept Barnum as interim, let him decide who stayed under the assumption that the new head coach could retain anyone he saw fit. But the difference was that at the time, we didn't have a fulltime AD and the interim AD didn't want to make a coaching hire. Roundtree came on, Barnum got a one year "tryout", then was given the job halfway through the season.

Grizzlies82
November 23rd, 2015, 10:54 PM
Very similar to Portland State last year. We fired Burton, kept Barnum as interim, let him decide who stayed under the assumption that the new head coach could retain anyone he saw fit. But the difference was that at the time, we didn't have a fulltime AD and the interim AD didn't want to make a coaching hire. Roundtree came on, Barnum got a one year "tryout", then was given the job halfway through the season.

You know I was thinking this is exactly what they would do over at Montana State.

Unless of course they had been talking to Barnum about taking a job where there are good facilities, strong fan support, and no looming athletic financial crisis. That crossed my mind too.

Model Citizen
November 23rd, 2015, 11:12 PM
He is an Allentown guy, and I think would love to come home.

His home is Ottumwa, Iowa...
just like Radar O'Reilly.

That said, he coached D-III ball in PA, so it's not foreign territory for him. Lafayette could do worse than a Phi Beta Kappa who is the all-time winningest coach at three different schools.

Would he take on a project like Lafayette in his 60s? Doubtful.

MSUBobcat
November 24th, 2015, 01:50 AM

That said, he coached D-III ball in PA, so it's not foreign territory for him. Lafayette could do worse than a Phi Beta Kappa who is the all-time winningest coach at three different schools.

If you had read the post he was replying to, and bolded, you might have noticed he was referring to the OC Tim Cramsey, who IS from Allentown and whose offenses the last few years have been some of the most prolific in FCS.

It would be a shame to lose him. Saw him interviewed today and he basically said, 'I'd like to be HC someday but I've got 2 young kids, I just need A job. The HC job is up to Fields and Cruzado.' Hopefully the fact that he's the point man for the student athletes is a sign they intend to keep him if they can.

Franks Tanks
November 24th, 2015, 06:40 AM

i don't want that Ash, I want Cramsey. Cramsey is from Allentown, Pa.

Lafayette ain't much of a project, we jus need a coach who actually knows how to coach.

PAllen
November 24th, 2015, 08:11 AM

Anybody who can be the QB AND long snapper in a shotgun offense is alright with me. ;)

F'N Hawks
November 24th, 2015, 08:26 AM
If you had read the post he was replying to, and bolded, you might have noticed he was referring to the OC Tim Cramsey, who IS from Allentown and whose offenses the last few years have been some of the most prolific in FCS.

It would be a shame to lose him. Saw him interviewed today and he basically said, 'I'd like to be HC someday but I've got 2 young kids, I just need A job. The HC job is up to Fields and Cruzado.' Hopefully the fact that he's the point man for the student athletes is a sign they intend to keep him if they can.

The common word I keep seeing even after Ash was fired and saw all preseason, every year with MSU: Offense.

Think it might be time to re-tool the thing and play some form of defense? It seems pretty much across the nation that any team that runs a "high-powered" offense usually struggles to some degree on defense.

Probably many reasons why but my question is why would anything change at MSU if they keep running the same offense under Cramsey? The mindset is not going to change so why would anything else, especially defense? They tried demoting and promoting D-coordinators and that did nothing (UND did that too years back and it didn't move the needle at all).

tomq04
November 24th, 2015, 11:18 AM

Oregon will need a prolific FCS QB next year.

veinup
November 24th, 2015, 11:41 AM

maaaan things could've been different for Oregon this year if VA was healthy the whole time ..

Silenoz
November 24th, 2015, 11:43 AM

Don't see it. As a pure passer, Prukop leaves a lot to be desired. He wouldn't see the broken coverages in the Pac-10 that he sees in the Big Sky. I could see him having some success in a Sun Belt or MWC situation though

tomq04
November 24th, 2015, 12:18 PM
I was being facetious, maybe bitter? Pumped he's kicking butt though.

Pards Rule
November 27th, 2015, 10:24 AM

Whats his record there in Laramie?

Pards Rule
November 27th, 2015, 10:34 AM

Bobcat, sounds like the perfect fit for LC. Tavani will coach the last year of contract next year and after that future is unknown (he has some health issues). One of my good friends Ron Holm, former oil account manager at Hanna-Coleman Autowash Systems is a MSU alum, and he had really good things to say about Cramsey. I still am amazed when after the 2006 victory at home vs Lehigh my former college roommate and I, after watching the game at Fisher Field, went out to a restaurant in Forks Twp. PA after the game (just north of Easton, PA) and saw 30-40 fans (including children) watching the Montana-MSU game at a tele-party! He actually knew one of the attendees as he found out and greeted him.

Walkon79
November 30th, 2015, 03:30 PM
New hire could be announced as early as next Monday! Cramsey will be on the short list IMO.

caribbeanhen
November 30th, 2015, 04:18 PM

Who moved in? John Boy, Marsha Brady or Rip Van Patten haha

clenz
November 30th, 2015, 04:20 PM
Whats his record there in Laramie?
Bad.

He interviewed for the Iowa State job.

He's looking for a way out, real quick. I think he's have some real second thoughts about that move now. Had he waited two more years at NDSU, the Iowa State job would be his right now. Worst case the Toledo job, MUCH BETTER than Wyo, is his.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 30th, 2015, 04:23 PM
Bad.

He's looking for a way out, real quick. I think he's have some real second thoughts about that move now. Had he waited two more years at NDSU, the Iowa State job would be his right now. Worst case the Toledo job, MUCH BETTER than Wyo, is his.

His baggage is not good though. The Nebraska incident will haunt him for the rest of his professional life. Plus, at 57 years old his options will be pretty limited to B-/C level FBS jobs...

Daytripper
November 30th, 2015, 04:24 PM
Bad.

Or Bowling Green when Dino Babers gets poached.

clenz
November 30th, 2015, 04:38 PM
Or Bowling Green when Dino Babers gets poached.
That's about to happen in the next couple hours

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/11/29/9816248/dino-babers-ucf-head-coach
UCF expected to hire Dino Babers as new head coach, bringing even more offense to the AAC

Bisonoline
November 30th, 2015, 09:07 PM
Bad.

Thing is you cant just wait around as you dont know how those other positions would pan out. He was looking at a million and a private jet. Plus he loves the state of WY.

skinny_uncle
November 30th, 2015, 09:37 PM
Could somebody start a thread with all of the FCS coaching vacancies?

Sounds like a good idea. Why don't you go ahead and do that?

Pards Rule
December 1st, 2015, 08:11 AM
Bad.

Yeah, I was confused about that move as with three NCs he could have positioned himself at a lot of places but Laramie is a tough draw for out of state kids. Almost what Maine faces in 1AA. He should have waited the two years to kick toward Iowa State. I was within 10 feet of him at the Scheels season kickoff party when I went out to Fargo to watch the first game of that year.

Pards Rule
December 1st, 2015, 08:17 AM
Thing is you cant just wait around as you dont know how those other positions would pan out. He was looking at a million and a private jet. Plus he loves the state of WY.

OK I knew he got a significant salary increase going to Laramie. But a jet? I guess Univ of Wyoming has one like you guys. I assume Gov. Matt Mead isn't going to let Bohl use his! We appreciated the lift from Allentown to Fargo and back in Bison One in Sept. 2011. On a positive note for his departure from Wyoming, in last Saturdays game sophomore Brian Hill (I assume a Bohl recruit) rushed for 232 yards and a TD as the Cowboys defeated UNLV, 35-28, thereby amassing a total of 1,631 rushing yards a team record for a season. Ryan Christopher was prevous best in 1994 with 1,455.

clenz
December 1st, 2015, 08:23 AM
I understand that, but the coaching game changes every year, and he knows it. I think he saw the loss of Brock and wasn't completely sold on being able to maintain that level long enough for an Iowa State like job to open - he was wrong, obviously.

I can't/don't fault him for taking it. If you'll remember the meltdown that happened on this site after that news broke we had NDSU fans wishing him physical harm and the rest of us said it was too good of a pay jump to pass up, but we all also understood Wyoming is nearly impossible to win at. Another year and a MAC job opens up. The MAC might not have the national reputation as the MWC, but the reality is there are more than a handful of MAC jobs better than Wyoming.

It's all hindsight now, though, and it wasn't me that had to pick between a million dollars or waiting 2 years for 2 million dollars.

UNIFanSince1983
December 1st, 2015, 11:19 AM
That's about to happen in the next couple hours

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/11/29/9816248/dino-babers-ucf-head-coach
UCF expected to hire Dino Babers as new head coach, bringing even more offense to the AAC

Well something fell through with Babers because Scott Frost is going to be the next UCF coach.

clenz
December 1st, 2015, 11:31 AM
Well something fell through with Babers because Scott Frost is going to be the next UCF coach.
Babers wanted to wait until his buy out dropped, which was tomorrow or Thursday I believe. UCF wasn't going to reimburse the buy out from the sound of it.

Meanwhile Frost threw his name into the ring and it was a home run for UCF at that point.

Cleets
December 1st, 2015, 01:47 PM

If Goff goes pro and enters the draft I believe CAL Bears will recruit Prukop..
Right now CAL has two Freshmen QB one from Spokane WA. and one from Bothell WA.

Prukop is on the short list for The CAL BEARS

clenz
December 1st, 2015, 01:51 PM
MSU can't let a player with 1 year left make their coaching hire.

F'N Hawks
December 1st, 2015, 01:51 PM
Is MSU really going to hire their new coach based on his ties to their senior QB? Prukop has one year left and is gone, what then? Dumb.

Also, if you look at the records/finishes the past few years it's not as if Prukop has elevated the team to new heights or anything.

Cleets
December 1st, 2015, 01:54 PM
If Goff goes pro and enters the draft I believe CAL Bears will recruit Prukop..
Right now CAL has two Freshmen QB one from Spokane WA. and one from Bothell WA.

Prukop is on the short list for The CAL BEARS

Just remember boys - you read it here first...

Grizalltheway
December 1st, 2015, 02:00 PM
Is MSU really going to hire their new coach based on his ties to their senior QB? Prukop has one year left and is gone, what then? Dumb.

Also, if you look at the records/finishes the past few years it's not as if Prukop has elevated the team to new heights or anything.

But their offense has been one of the most prolific in the country the past couple years. With even a slightly above average defense, they'd be a playoff team this year.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 1st, 2015, 02:04 PM
Let's stop giving any credence to that comment fellas. It holds zero water. It isn't going to be a factor at all. It is silly to even entertain it as a possibility.

Prokup dictates nothing in this scenario. Just a possible matter that he likes the same guy they were planning on going with anyway.

BisonFan02
December 1st, 2015, 02:18 PM
Let's stop giving any credence to that comment fellas. It holds zero water. It isn't going to be a factor at all. It is silly to even entertain it as a possibility.

Prokup dictates nothing in this scenario. Just a possible matter that he likes the same guy they were planning on going with anyway.

Good Cleets would never have made that comment. Miss him. :D

bobcathpdevil56
December 1st, 2015, 02:18 PM
I don't think this decision is going to be made based on keeping Prukop. I hope that if the head coaching choice is not Cramsey, then Cramsey gets a chance to stay on as OC. Unless he gets an offer to go somewhere else, I would hope Cramsey would stay on.

But, you never know with Peter Fields at the helm.

mvemjsunpx
December 1st, 2015, 02:21 PM
I don't think this decision is going to be made based on keeping Prukop. I hope that if the head coaching choice is not Cramsey, then Cramsey gets a chance to stay on as OC. Unless he gets an offer to go somewhere else, I would hope Cramsey would stay on.

I would sincerely hope not. Prukop is gonna be a senior, so his leverage is pretty weak.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 1st, 2015, 02:55 PM
I would sincerely hope not. Prukop is gonna be a senior, so his leverage is pretty weak.

His leverage could never be/should never be strong to add to your point. Any admin that would ever give any power like this to a student athlete is the first person that should go. I don't care if it's after a Walter Payton Freshman year.

CrazyCat
December 1st, 2015, 03:53 PM

I like Cramsey and would support him as head coach, but his comment about Prukop probably will hurt his chances more than help.

Grizzlies82
December 1st, 2015, 05:00 PM
I like Cramsey and would support him as head coach, but his comment about Prukop probably will hurt his chances more than help.

I agree, that comment was way out there considering the timing of it, and how it sounded like a direct threat.

However, I don't understand the Athletic Director proclaiming they would have the new coach in 10 to 14 days. That suggests either 1) They had the new coach lined up prior to firing Ash. Or 2) The AD has absolutely no idea what he is doing.

If it was #1 then it seems most likely Cramsey was the one who was lined up in advance. If it is #2 then good luck finding & hiring a coach in 10 days who will have the Bobcats consistently in the top 10.

Silenoz
December 1st, 2015, 06:32 PM
I've heard from two sources that MSU made their decision to can him after the North Dakota game, pending a miraculous turnaround

mvemjsunpx
December 1st, 2015, 07:35 PM
I've heard from two sources that MSU made their decision to can him after the North Dakota game, pending a miraculous turnaround

Makes sense. That's when they were effectively eliminated from playoff contention.

Model Citizen
December 1st, 2015, 07:42 PM
Way too much talk about Rob Ash. Can we discuss some obscure assistant coaches instead?

kalm
December 2nd, 2015, 07:49 AM
Babers wanted to wait until his buy out dropped, which was tomorrow or Thursday I believe. UCF wasn't going to reimburse the buy out from the sound of it.

Meanwhile Frost threw his name into the ring and it was a home run for UCF at that point.

I hope Frost can learn how to recruit and develop his own quarterbacks.

:D

tomq04
December 2nd, 2015, 12:19 PM
I hope Frost can learn how to recruit and develop his own quarterbacks.

:D

Prokup might be available for a head start.

Cleets
December 2nd, 2015, 12:22 PM
H. Micheal Williams was seen walking the campus with Prokup in Berkeley on Saturday...

Yup, its over boys - write that down

BisonFan02
December 2nd, 2015, 12:23 PM
H. Micheal Williams was seen walking the campus with Prokup in Berkeley on Saturday...

Yup, its over boys - write that down

Can Prukop tackle?

Cleets
December 2nd, 2015, 12:24 PM
Can Prukop tackle?

Goff is gone / first round / done..!!!

steelbison
December 2nd, 2015, 01:31 PM
That would be a home run hire. One of the guys to consider if Coach Klieman gets taken(there have been some grumblings).

what the hell are you talking about? Grumblings? Coach is going nowhere...

clenz
December 2nd, 2015, 01:37 PM
Neither was Bohl

Silenoz
December 2nd, 2015, 01:43 PM

That's what they always say

BisonFan02
December 2nd, 2015, 01:46 PM
Neither was Bohl

True, but apples/oranges. Klieman doesn't have the experience Bohl has...not yet anyway.

clenz
December 2nd, 2015, 01:49 PM
True, but apples/oranges. Klieman doesn't have the experience Bohl has...not yet anyway.
Bohl was too old with too much baggage.

xcoffeex

BisonFan02
December 2nd, 2015, 01:51 PM
Bohl was too old with too much baggage.

xcoffeex

At Nebraska. :D The only part that took me for a surprise when it happened was that it was a G5 job (and not a very attractive one... xlolx ). Once I saw the salary...I went through the 5 stages of grief fairly quickly.

clenz
December 2nd, 2015, 01:54 PM
At Nebraska. :D The only part that took me for a surprise when it happened was that it was a G5 job (and not a very attractive one... xlolx ). Once I saw the salary...I went through the 5 stages of grief fairly quickly.
What I'm getting at, and this is pretty fresh in my mind with our AD (who is a UNI grad and has set record fundraising levels every year he's been here) just bolted for a job like...well...Tulane.

We always want to think of reasons they won't be poached, but the fact is Klieman's resume between UNI and NDSU would be more than enough for Bowling Green, Toledo, Tulane (remember, UNI's AD is there now and his first job is a football coach...xcoffeex...), etc.. to throw a million at him.

BisonTru
December 2nd, 2015, 04:02 PM

Ditto. 3.67 mil guaranteed. Hard to pass up.

What I'm getting at, and this is pretty fresh in my mind with our AD (who is a UNI grad and has set record fundraising levels every year he's been here) just bolted for a job like...well...Tulane.

We always want to think of reasons they won't be poached, but the fact is Klieman's resume between UNI and NDSU would be more than enough for Bowling Green, Toledo, Tulane (remember, UNI's AD is there now and his first job is a football coach...xcoffeex...), etc.. to throw a million at him.

I'd be surprised to see Klieman poached. He's only had 2 years of HC experience, and he's taken a great program and basically not ****ed it up. I don't know if I'd be eager to hire him to rebuild my program at this point.

Non the less, if it happens re load. My votes for Polasek.

CrazyCat
December 2nd, 2015, 08:15 PM
So far

Tim Cramsey,MSU,OC.
Jeff Choate,UW,DL coach.
Johnny Nansen,USC,RB/ST.
Chris Ball,ASU,co-DC
Andy Hill,Mizzou,QB coach/interim HC

tomq04
December 3rd, 2015, 11:41 AM
So far

Tim Cramsey,MSU,OC.
Jeff Choate,UW,DL coach.
Johnny Nansen,USC,RB/ST.
Chris Ball,ASU,co-DC
Andy Hill,Mizzou,QB coach/interim HC

What does this mean? Those are the folks that still have jobs?

CrazyCat
December 3rd, 2015, 11:46 AM
What does this mean? Those are the folks that still have jobs?

Sorry. Those guys have been confirmed as being interviewed for the HC job.