PDA

View Full Version : EKU Relieves Dean Hood as Head Coach

EKUSteve
November 23rd, 2015, 11:07 AM
http://www.ekusports.com/news/2015/11/23/FOOTBALL_1123154315.aspx

One of the first post season coaching fatalities.

JSUSoutherner
November 23rd, 2015, 11:08 AM
Oh wow, I wonder who they will pick up. Best of luck to EKU in the future!

Sycamore62
November 23rd, 2015, 11:25 AM
Les Miles might be available by the end of the day

JSUSoutherner
November 23rd, 2015, 11:34 AM
Les Miles might be available by the end of the day
EKU would have to sell their campus to afford him. I don't get why they want Les gone so much.

Missingnumber7
November 23rd, 2015, 11:39 AM
EKU would have to sell their campus to afford him. I don't get why they want Les gone so much.

That would be an interesting conversation. Coach Miles, we would like to offer you a job, however we don't have a campus any more. Players will be living with locals spread around the area. We will play our games at this nice park that has a hill that our fans can sit on. The family rest room will be the locker room. You will have to take turns one position group at a time.

JSU02
November 23rd, 2015, 11:45 AM
Its about time. He was worse than Crowe.

ekufbfan
November 23rd, 2015, 11:50 AM
Good man, just could not get it done. Hate this for his family, but it is best for EKU football. After losing to Kentucky in the last 4 minutes, and being up 2 touchdowns, and then losing to UT Martin in almost the same way, the writing was on the wall. Then that poor performance at EIU last Saturday, most would have been surprised if he was not let go. Probably should have happened last year.
Here's to a return of strong EKU football! Go Big E!

Bam
November 23rd, 2015, 11:51 AM
Its about time. He was worse than Crowe.

It would a photo finish for sure. The next guy better have some major energy, because this program needs a major boost!

JSUSoutherner
November 23rd, 2015, 11:57 AM
If EKU can get great coach and EIU, UTM, SEMO, and Murray keep improving then I think the OVC has potential to be a pretty respectable conference next year.

Cocky
November 23rd, 2015, 12:05 PM
Just go hire UTMs coach and you will rise to the top. Simpson does as good a job as anyone with less than most.

chattownmocs
November 23rd, 2015, 12:35 PM
Just go hire UTMs coach and you will rise to the top. Simpson does as good a job as anyone with less than most.

He's good.

Bam
November 23rd, 2015, 01:51 PM
At this stage of EKU FB that might be a lateral move!

mamberso
November 23rd, 2015, 02:04 PM
EKU is a good program with respectable facilities and support. I think it will be an attractive position. Will they raid another program for their next coach, or go grab a OC or DC from an FBS school? This is very similar to when JSU fired Crowe after 2012. They hit a homerun with Bill Clark, who helped revitalize the program in one season.

wapiti
November 23rd, 2015, 02:09 PM
Ash from Montana State is available.

JSUSoutherner
November 23rd, 2015, 02:25 PM
Gus Malzahn will probably be available unless he wins the Iron Bowl. No FBS school will want him. You can take him and we can embarrass him on a yearly basis then.

Bam
November 23rd, 2015, 03:06 PM
EKU is a good program with respectable facilities and support. I think it will be an attractive position. Will they raid another program for their next coach, or go grab a OC or DC from an FBS school? This is very similar to when JSU fired Crowe after 2012. They hit a homerun with Bill Clark, who helped revitalize the program in one season.

Exactly! The town and college has grown over the years and the new President and AD have a vision for the future for EKU and the football program. The stadium upgrades, beer sales xdrunkyx , FBS transfers OTA, a new coach all should help lead the program back to the top of the OVC and beyond!

colonelblitz
November 23rd, 2015, 04:00 PM
Just go hire UTMs coach and you will rise to the top. Simpson does as good a job as anyone with less than most. At least we wouldn't have to worry about him beating us at home anymore.. xcoffeex

Skyhawk71
November 23rd, 2015, 06:16 PM

Murray State tried that one with Griffin that was at UTM before Simpson, that didn't work out so well for the Racers........

Skyhawk71
November 23rd, 2015, 06:18 PM
Simpson Will Stay at UTM......winning with the lowest recruiting budget, coaches payroll (high asst. turnover) and the fact that UTM is in BFE.......10 years, why would he leave now to go anywhere in the same conference...........

TTUEagles
November 23rd, 2015, 06:43 PM
It's amazing how EKU has consistently finished with 6-5 to 8-3's with playoff appearances every other year and fires it's head coach. TTU, on the other hand, continues to be horrific and keeps coaches forever, until THEY leave. It's amazing what can happen when an athletic department gives a damn...

EKU Toss Sweep
November 23rd, 2015, 06:45 PM

Well we just tried the DC from a P5 school, albeit Wake Forest. My guess is it will be more of an up and comer this time around. But then, that is all that is, my guess.

TTUEagles
November 23rd, 2015, 06:52 PM
Good man, just could not get it done. Hate this for his family, but it is best for EKU football. After losing to Kentucky in the last 4 minutes, and being up 2 touchdowns, and then losing to UT Martin in almost the same way, the writing was on the wall. Then that poor performance at EIU last Saturday, most would have been surprised if he was not let go. Probably should have happened last year.
Here's to a return of strong EKU football! Go Big E!
If TTU had that season, this quote would be the same except replace "if he was not let go" with "if he didn't get a five-year extension" for us....

Cocky
November 23rd, 2015, 08:58 PM
It's amazing how EKU has consistently finished with 6-5 to 8-3's with playoff appearances every other year and fires it's head coach. TTU, on the other hand, continues to be horrific and keeps coaches forever, until THEY leave. It's amazing what can happen when an athletic department gives a damn...
Watson is a dandy.