PDA

View Full Version : MVFC All Conference Who deserves from your team?

achrist70
November 23rd, 2015, 08:05 AM
I am not sure that UNI gets a player on the 1st team from the the offensive side of the ball but defensively

Karter Schult
Issac Ales
Brett McMakin
Deiondre Hall
Tim Kilfoy

All deserve 1st team

My question is what do you do with Aaron Bailey, he'll get newcomer of the year, but do you put him on an All Conference team I mean he was second in the league in rushing yards and had 17 rushing TD's but was very sub par throwing the ball?

Professor Chaos
November 23rd, 2015, 08:08 AM
I'd expect these guys to be all-conference for NDSU, not really sure about 1st team/2nd team/honorable mention on most of them because I don't know enough about who they're competing with on other teams throughout the conference:

LT Joe Haeg (definite first team)
LG Zack Johnson
DT Brian Shaetz
DT Nate Tanguay
DE Greg Menard
LB Nick DeLuca
CB CJ Smith
P Ben LeCompte (definite first team)

Maybe these guys but I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't mentioned:

C Austin Kuhnert
RG Jeremy Kelly
QB Carson Wentz (wouldn't be mentioned due to injury)
WR RJ Urzendowski
FB/TE Andrew Bonnett
CB Jordan Champion

penguinpower
November 23rd, 2015, 08:18 AM
RB-Jodi Webb
DE-Derek Rivers

Professor Chaos
November 23rd, 2015, 08:19 AM
My question is what do you do with Aaron Bailey, he'll get newcomer of the year, but do you put him on an All Conference team I mean he was second in the league in rushing yards and had 17 rushing TD's but was very sub par throwing the ball?
Bailey would be a good choice for All-Purpose but not sure if the MVFC has that. He's not likely to crack the QB other than honorable mention with Ianotti and Roberson (even though he hasn't performed as well as expected I don't think). It's actually a really light year for RBs it seems like, which is strange considering how tough it's been to crack first team MVFC for RBs in recent years. I'm sure Coprich will be a unanimous selection but after that where do you go? Ruiz at YSU? Watson at WIU?

clenz
November 23rd, 2015, 10:10 AM
Watson will be the other RB.

Bailey is a record setter, honestly. If he had better accuracy he'd easily top Roberson.

He's already second on the list for rushing yards by a QB in a season in conference history, and likely will pass #1 (Rennie from UNI in 2010 with 1,291. Baily needs about 200 yards to get that
If he plays next year he'll blow by the record for a career 2,276 by DeAndre Smith of MSU 87-90...Rennie is second 2,176 (10-11)
His next rushing touchdown breaks Smith's 26 year old record for rush TDs in a season by a QB
He has 4 of the top 10 rushing games by a QB in conference history after just his first year

He also didn't play a full game until week 7

Is he an AC QB? No.
Should he have a home on that list somewhere? Yes.

clenz
November 23rd, 2015, 10:46 AM
Interesting to compare Roberson (who many/most believe will be an all conference selection) to Bailey

G
Cmp
Att
Comp %
Yds
Yd/A
TDs
Int
Sacked
Yds
Rush
Yds
Yd/Rush
TDs
Total Yards
Total TD

Roberson

Bailey

Professor Chaos
November 23rd, 2015, 10:48 AM
Interesting to compare Roberson (who many/most believe will be an all conference selection) to Bailey

G
Cmp
Att
Comp %
Yds
Yd/A
TDs
Int
Sacked
Yds
Rush
Yds
Yd/Rush
TDs
Total Yards
Total TD

Roberson

Bailey

You've definitely got a point. But Roberson has the reputation and that'll give him the nod over Bailey.

clenz
November 23rd, 2015, 10:52 AM
You've definitely got a point. But Roberson has the reputation and that'll give him the nod over Bailey.
Trust me, I don't think Bailey is an All Conference QB. I don't think anyone would every think I think that. I just think it's real short sided to throw Roberson on the list and then not look at Bailey

I'd go with Iannotti, Norvell, Wentz for QBs. I know Wentz missed the last halfish of the conference season but still had better stats than most every other QB.

I'm not going to get into a UNI qb discussion right now, but if Bailey is going to play all year next year the offense has to have a better suited passing game to get him to 60% completions. Bailey at 60% completions probably puts him close to 2K yards passing, add another 1,100 rushing, probably 15ish passing TD and 15ish rushing TDs.

That's a good situation for UNI next year. Though the chances of Bailey being put in that kind of situation to succeed is very, very small.

mmiller_34
November 23rd, 2015, 11:00 AM
Weineke, Lally, and Langer

ST_Lawson
November 23rd, 2015, 11:05 AM
Yea, I think from Western, you've got:

RB Nikko Watson - 2nd in the conference in yards per game w/ 105.9, 3rd in the conference in scoring
WR Lance Lenior - 1st in receptions per game, 2nd in receiving yards per game
LB Brett Taylor - 2nd in tackles, 1st in solo tackles

We had some other good players at times, but not really anyone else sitting at the top of their position's respective rankings for conference play (those rankings are conference-only stats, btw).

Rollbird5
November 23rd, 2015, 01:23 PM
I don't think I'd give Roberson the nod over some of the other QBs, his broken thumb or whatever the injury ended up being really slowed his production as a passer.
Obviously I'd choose Marshaun Coprich, and also
WR Anthony Warrum
OL Kyle Avaloy
Haven't looked at everyone's stats for defense around the league but MLB Pat Meehan, DE David Perkins, and Safety Alec Kocour I think could have a shot

underdawg
November 23rd, 2015, 01:34 PM
You guys know who deserves to be All-Conf at QB--you know.

Iannotti First in the nation Total Offense (355.3); third in the nation in passing yards (3195 yds); fourth in the nation in yards passing per game (290.5) fourth in the nation in completions per game (24.62 per); 11th in the nation in completion percentage (67%); tied at 9/10 in TD passes (24); sixth in the nation in points responsible for (172 points)--there is no comparison between Iannotti and the other QBs

Rollbird5
November 23rd, 2015, 01:36 PM

Iannotti First in the nation Total Offense (355.3); third in the nation in passing yards (3195 yds); fourth in the nation in yards passing per game (290.5) fourth in the nation in completions per game (24.62 per); 11th in the nation in completion percentage (67%); tied at 9/10 in TD passes (24); sixth in the nation in points responsible for (172 points)--there is no comparison between Iannotti and the other QBs

Absolutely, he was a stud this year

BisonFan02
November 23rd, 2015, 01:36 PM
QB Carston Wick :D

171-274 (62.4%), 2280 passing yards, 27 TDs, 4 INTs, 161.9 efficiency
116 rush attempts, 708 rushing yards (6.1 ypc), 8 TDs

leatherneck177
November 23rd, 2015, 01:56 PM
Yea, I think from Western, you've got:

RB Nikko Watson - 2nd in the conference in yards per game w/ 105.9, 3rd in the conference in scoring
WR Lance Lenior - 1st in receptions per game, 2nd in receiving yards per game
LB Brett Taylor - 2nd in tackles, 1st in solo tackles

We had some other good players at times, but not really anyone else sitting at the top of their position's respective rankings for conference play (those rankings are conference-only stats, btw).

I agree with these, I think Norvell could actually push for second team.

Professor Chaos
November 23rd, 2015, 02:08 PM
QB Carston Wick :D

171-274 (62.4%), 2280 passing yards, 27 TDs, 4 INTs, 161.9 efficiency
116 rush attempts, 708 rushing yards (6.1 ypc), 8 TDs
xthumbsupx Thems All-American numbers xlolx

Schism55
November 23rd, 2015, 02:09 PM
I don't think I'd give Roberson the nod over some of the other QBs, his broken thumb or whatever the injury ended up being really slowed his production as a passer.
Obviously I'd choose Marshaun Coprich, and also
WR Anthony Warrum
OL Kyle Avaloy
Haven't looked at everyone's stats for defense around the league but MLB Pat Meehan, DE David Perkins, and Safety Alec Kocour I think could have a shot

Roberson does not deserve to make it as QB, his passes spray wilder than my pee the morning after a vigorous night :P

ST_Lawson
November 23rd, 2015, 02:09 PM
I agree with these, I think Norvell could actually push for second team.

I'd agree with that, I think.

The issue the conference has this year is that so many of the top QBs ended up being injured for good chunks of the season. Norvell missing the last two games (and from what I've heard, having pain from it occur in games earlier that he was playing in), Roberson at ISUr with nagging thumb injury (played through most of it, but you could tell was impacting his passing ability greatly), Wentz at NDSU going down for most (maybe all) of the season with a wrist injury, and Kollmorgen at UNI with his repeated concussion problems. There's been a lot of secondary QBs stepping up later in the season...Stick (NDSU), Bailey (UNI), McGuire (WIU), so while there have been some VERY good quarterbacks this year, nobody feels completely dominant across the whole season because almost nobody played the whole season.

Of course, the one exception is Iannotti, who led the conference in passing per game, was 3rd in passing efficiency, 1st in total offense per game (and it wasn't even close...he's 97.6 yards per game ahead of the second place guy, Norvell), and was (as far as I know) healthy the entire season.

BisonFan02
November 23rd, 2015, 02:12 PM
Roberson does not deserve to make it as QB, his passes spray wilder than my pee the morning after a vigorous night :P

xlolx

AmsterBison
November 23rd, 2015, 02:13 PM
Of course, the one exception is Iannotti, who led the conference in passing per game, was 3rd in passing efficiency, 1st in total offense per game (and it wasn't even close...he's 97.6 yards per game ahead of the second place guy, Norvell), and was (as far as I know) healthy the entire season.

If Iannotti was completely healthy after the beating he took against NDSU, he is one tough mofo.

ST_Lawson
November 23rd, 2015, 02:17 PM
If Iannotti was completely healthy after the beating he took against NDSU, he is one tough mofo.

Well, yea, I'm sure he got banged up a few times this season, but he started every game...not many teams can claim that. I don't know if he played every offensive down, but I don't remember hearing anything about him having to sit any due to injury.

Sycamore62
November 23rd, 2015, 02:24 PM
WRs Gary Owens or Robert Tonyan Jr would be good picks for us. I dont know if either will make it. Connor Underwood would probably be a 1st teamer but he had a pulled hamstring all year. Aside from taking a dump fumbling the ball against ISUr two times Osborn Umeh kicked(punted) the **** out of the ball.

Panther-State
November 23rd, 2015, 02:34 PM
Well, yea, I'm sure he got banged up a few times this season, but he started every game...not many teams can claim that. I don't know if he played every offensive down, but I don't remember hearing anything about him having to sit any due to injury.

Sat out at least a play or two after taking a MONSTER blind-side sack by Schult (I believe) on Saturday but honestly the fact that he didn't have to be air-lifted to a hospital was a miracle. Iannotti is one tough dude and the best QB to have played a majority of the season. Saturday wasn't his sharpest but it was easy to see how he torched other D's.

achrist70
November 23rd, 2015, 09:41 PM
Iannotti deserves 1st team, it wasn't his fault the Salukis finished the way they did.

jtthenutt
November 24th, 2015, 07:42 AM
Iannotti deserves 1st team, it wasn't his fault the Salukis finished the way they did.

i agree with my overall wearing compadre here. If SIU had half a defense, they'd be in the playoffs. If they had UNI's defense, they could have played with any team in any conference in football, FBS included. Iannotti is a stud. But...there are a lot of great quarterbacks in the MVFC

Professor Chaos
November 24th, 2015, 07:59 AM
Iannotti had almost 100 more total yards per game (in conference play) than the next closest conference player. He's a no brainer for 1st team. If Roberson beats him out for that it will be a real indictment on the level of effort voters put in.

UNI Pike
November 24th, 2015, 08:15 AM
I was super impressed watching Iannotti. He was all but sawed in half on the blindside hit Schult laid down. He was back in the next series.

McMakin should be an all American. Listed as a LB, much of the time he is lined up as a DE (at 230 LBs).

clenz
November 24th, 2015, 08:25 AM
Iannotti really should be a POY finalist, whatever STATS is calling the award now. It's not his fault the defense was garbage.

Ianotti on UNI, ISUr, NDSU, SDSU, JSU, Chatty, Montana, etc... and they are all undefeated with an average MOV of 3 scores. He is absolutely that good.

SIU without him finishes OOC 0-3 and finishes 1-7 (instead of 2-6) and the MSU game becomes pretty close to a push. SIU was one of two teams to give up more than 10 points to MSU.

After him for All Conference it should be Norvell

If I had to rank QBs that played this year in the MVFC I'd go

Mark Iannotti - SIU
Trenton Norvell - WIU
Carson Wentz/Easton Stick - NDSU - would be second if Wentz played all year - can't separate these two in my mind
Matt Adam - ISUb
Zach Lujan/Taryn Christion - SDSU - can't separate these two in my mind
Aaron Bailey - UNI
Ryan Seager - USD
Hunter Wells - YSU
Tre Roberson/Jake Kolbe - ISUr - - can't separate these two in my mind
Lambert - MSU

If I were to separate out

Iannotti
Norvell
Stick
Wentz
Christion - due to his running over Lujan
Adam
Lujan
Bailey
Seager
Wells
Roberson
Lambert - so tough to judge him because of what's around him though

I think ISUr is better off with Kolbe behind center

BisonFan02
November 24th, 2015, 08:36 AM
Iannotti really should be a POY finalist, whatever STATS is calling the award now. It's not his fault the defense was garbage.

Ianotti on UNI, ISUr, NDSU, SDSU, JSU, Chatty, Montana, etc... and they are all undefeated with an average MOV of 3 scores. He is absolutely that good.

SIU without him finishes OOC 0-3 and finishes 1-7 (instead of 2-6) and the MSU game becomes pretty close to a push. SIU was one of two teams to give up more than 10 points to MSU.

Mark Iannotti - SIU
Trenton Norvell - WIU
Carson Wentz/Easton Stick - NDSU - would be second if Wentz played all year - can't separate these two in my mind
Matt Adam - ISUb
Aaron Bailey - UNI
Ryan Seager - USD
Hunter Wells - YSU
Lambert - MSU

If I were to separate out

Iannotti
Norvell
Stick
Wentz
Christion - due to his running over Lujan
Adam
Lujan
Bailey
Seager
Wells
Roberson
Lambert - so tough to judge him because of what's around him though

This except I would still flip #2 and #3.

ST_Lawson
November 24th, 2015, 08:50 AM

Mark Iannotti - SIU
Trenton Norvell - WIU
Matt Adam - ISUb
Aaron Bailey - UNI
Ryan Seager - USD
Hunter Wells - YSU
Lambert - MSU

Crazy thing is, as near as we can tell, McGuire is (or at least has the potential to be) a better QB than Norvell. In the two games he started (against ISUr and SDSU), he's averaging 307 passing yards per game with 2 passing TDs and 2 rushing TDs. He does have 3 INTs, but he's only a RS-Freshman. He runs better than Norvell, looks at all of his receivers better than Norvell (as opposed to locking in on one target all game). McGuire will be the QB for likely the rest of the season (assuming we don't make it past the second round), since Norvell was listed as out 4-6 weeks as of right before the ISUb game. Also McGuire had to sit out of practices for a few weeks mid-season due to illness. So even though he was the listed backup, he didn't really take any snaps in practice during the time of the ISUr, YSU, and NDSU games (he also likely would have gotten some game experience near the end of the ISUr and NDSU games). He essentially practiced as backup a few days with the team the week before the ISUb game, found out on (I think) Thursday before the game that Norvell had to go to the hospital for an appendectomy, traveled to Terre Haute on Friday and started on Saturday. He'll be a sophomore next year and Norvell will be a senior, but we're honestly not sure which one likely to start in 2016 at this point.

Professor Chaos
November 24th, 2015, 08:57 AM
The crazy thing about the Wentz/Stick dealio is Stick actually had a slightly higher passer rating than Wentz did (167 to 159.2). That was due mostly to a better TD percentage and higher yards per attempt. Wentz had the edge in completion percentage and INT percentage.

Of course a lot of that had to do with the fact that Stick got to see the weaker defenses in the valley in SIU and MSU whereas Wentz faced the two toughest outside of NDSU in SDSU and UNI.

Sycamore62
November 24th, 2015, 09:04 AM
Iannotti had almost 100 more total yards per game (in conference play) than the next closest conference player. He's a no brainer for 1st team. If Roberson beats him out for that it will be a real indictment on the level of effort voters put in.

I happened to look at the stats yesterday when this thread came out. I was stunned to see Matt Adam ISUb qb was 2nd. It didnt feel like that all season.

it would be nice to find out how good a couple of our QBs or RBs actually are over the last few years because our O-Line has prevented that.

clenz
November 24th, 2015, 09:11 AM
I happened to look at the stats yesterday when this thread came out. I was stunned to see Matt Adam ISUb qb was 2nd. It didnt feel like that all season.

it would be nice to find out how good a couple of our QBs or RBs actually are over the last few years because our O-Line has prevented that.
I'm higher than Adam than most. Nothing he does "looks" good, but it works.

jtthenutt
November 24th, 2015, 09:19 AM
when are the awards announced?

Sycamore62
November 24th, 2015, 10:28 AM

not a whole lot a guy can do when 1 of 3 passes start with you running for your life

Houndawg
November 24th, 2015, 11:23 AM

Me too. Strikes me as a gamer rather than a stats guy.

clenz
November 24th, 2015, 11:36 AM
Me too. Strikes me as a gamer rather than a stats guy.
xnodx

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 24th, 2015, 11:39 AM
I'd expect these guys to be all-conference for NDSU, not really sure about 1st team/2nd team/honorable mention on most of them because I don't know enough about who they're competing with on other teams throughout the conference:

LT Joe Haeg (definite first team)
LG Zack Johnson
DT Brian Shaetz
DT Nate Tanguay
DE Greg Menard
LB Nick DeLuca
CB CJ Smith
P Ben LeCompte (definite first team)

Maybe these guys but I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't mentioned:

C Austin Kuhnert
RG Jeremy Kelly
QB Carson Wentz (wouldn't be mentioned due to injury)
WR RJ Urzendowski
FB/TE Andrew Bonnett
CB Jordan Champion

This looks pretty good. I would say Kuhnert is more deserving this year over Zach Johnson. He has been very steady in the middle and IMO had played better.

smallcollegefbfan
November 24th, 2015, 12:02 PM

Just based on talent and what they did when they played I would put Wentz and then Iannotti. Ianotti definitely deserves to be on the list above Norvell, Roberson, and Bailey. I would put 2 of those other 3 on the HM list.

ST_Lawson
November 24th, 2015, 03:31 PM

We looking at the same chart? Conference-only stats (http://www.mvc.org/football/stats/confonly.htm#conf.wi2) Passing Average/game?
I see Iannotti as 1 (with 285.2/game), but Norvell is #2 (253.8/game) and Adam is #3 with 186/game.

Not saying he didn't have a good season individually, just not sure where you're seeing him listed as #2.

Sycamore62
November 24th, 2015, 03:34 PM
We looking at the same chart? Conference-only stats (http://www.mvc.org/football/stats/confonly.htm#conf.wi2) Passing Average/game?
I see Iannotti as 1 (with 285.2/game), but Norvell is #2 (253.8/game) and Adam is #3 with 186/game.

Not saying he didn't have a good season individually, just not sure where you're seeing him listed as #2.
total offense
i see he is #3 now. when I looked yesterday at 3:38pm he was 2nd today he is 3rd

3RD edit:

Your link is through 8 games maybe its conference only
we will go by my link

http://www.mvc.org/football/stats/confldrs.htm#conf.wi2

Kemo
November 24th, 2015, 03:35 PM
SDSU beat writer has released his MVFC "All-Pro" Team:

https://t.co/zqNSKryYyg

ST_Lawson
November 24th, 2015, 03:46 PM
total offense
i see he is #3 now. when I looked yesterday at 3:38pm he was 2nd today he is 3rd

3RD edit:

Your link is through 8 games maybe its conference only
we will go by my link

http://www.mvc.org/football/stats/confldrs.htm#conf.wi2

Odd, not sure what they would have updated between then and now.

Yea, I was looking at conference-only stats, so just the 8 games. Makes it a bit more "representative" since it'd be a big difference if you had one team spending OOC blowing out limited-scholarship schools (or Div. II) and the other playing top-level full scholarship FCS and FBS teams. Just about any conference QB can probably throw down 500+ yards passing against someone like Valpo. Norvell only has 6 conference games since he was out following his appendectomy for the last two regular season games.

Professor Chaos
November 24th, 2015, 04:53 PM
SDSU beat writer has released his MVFC "All-Pro" Team:

https://t.co/zqNSKryYyg
Pretty good effort. I'd say Marchong Coprich is the league MVP though.

Redbird Recon
November 24th, 2015, 05:03 PM
ISUr's receivers aren't good enough to make this move. Roberson/Coprich is the deadliest zone read combo in the FCS.

clenz
November 24th, 2015, 05:04 PM
ISUr's receivers aren't good enough to make this move. Roberson/Coprich is the deadliest zone read combo in the FCS.
A qb completing 48% of his passes is a recipe for disaster, no matter how good he may be in the redzone. When it works it's great...but...

Take it from a guy that watched UNI go with the 2 best running backs in the nation and a QB that completed 48% of his passes last year.

It's all good, until it's not.

Redbird Recon
November 24th, 2015, 05:17 PM
A qb completing 48% of his passes is a recipe for disaster, no matter how good he may be in the redzone. When it works it's great...but...

Take it from a guy that watched UNI go with the 2 best running backs in the nation and a QB that completed 48% of his passes last year.

It's all good, until it's not.
Roberson is a lot better than Carnes. 4 more yards per pass attempt.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 24th, 2015, 05:36 PM

Is Roberson's thumb healed up?

clenz
November 24th, 2015, 05:40 PM

That only tells me when he hits he hits bigger

That's a bigger reflection on the WR than him

Redbird 13
November 24th, 2015, 10:35 PM
That only tells me when he hits he hits bigger

That's a bigger reflection on the WR than him

So no credit for the quarterback making the deep throw? Is the ball dropping from the sky and into Warrum's hands? Probably.

clenz
November 24th, 2015, 11:42 PM
So no credit for the quarterback making the deep throw? Is the ball dropping from the sky and into Warrum's hands? Probably.
So, Warrum has no YAC?

I've seen enough of YSU to know that isn't the case

REALBird
November 25th, 2015, 10:00 AM
Most of Warrums catches are Roberson throwing for 60-65 and Warrum finishing the 70-75 yard TD.

Kolbe isn't ready yet. He had good numbers against Iowa's 3rd string. Looked OK with a limited playbook against UNI and Roberson as a decoy. He looked like hot garbage the first series against YSU. There's a reason Tre at 48% passing is better than Kolbe.

Kolbe has the tools to be good. Just not quite ready yet.

clenz
November 25th, 2015, 10:31 AM
So you're admitting Roberson isn't hitting the 15-20 yard passes consistently, and that his average his boosted by hitting a couple home run balls every so often?

ST_Lawson
November 25th, 2015, 10:57 AM
MVFC just announced their top honors - http://www.valley-football.org/news/default/2015-16/8439/valley-football-announces-top-honors/

Offensive POY - Marshaun Coprich, ISUr
Defensive POY - Deiondre' Hall, UNI
Newcomer of the Year - Aaron Bailey, UNI
Freshman of the Year - Andrew Van Ginkel, USD
Coach of the Year - Bob Nielson, WIU

http://cdn.streamlinetechnologies.com/mvc/63E48BE3-CB3E-4CC3-AF7F-285870F6B492/3452L.jpg

jtthenutt
November 25th, 2015, 11:01 AM
MVFC just announced their top honors - http://www.valley-football.org/news/default/2015-16/8439/valley-football-announces-top-honors/

http://cdn.streamlinetechnologies.com/mvc/63E48BE3-CB3E-4CC3-AF7F-285870F6B492/3452L.jpg

wow, awesome for D Hall. Never thought Bailey would get it, at least early in the year. I wanted Iannotti over Coprich but the best guy on the best team usually wins. I also hoped Easton Stick would have won something. I base this mostly on the fact I love hockey.

UNIFanSince1983
November 25th, 2015, 11:03 AM

Nothing too shocking there. Hard to argue with them really either.

BisonFan02
November 25th, 2015, 11:11 AM
Its a joke that Iannotti didn't get Offensive POY.

ST_Lawson
November 25th, 2015, 11:13 AM
wow, awesome for D Hall. Never thought Bailey would get it, at least early in the year. I wanted Iannotti over Coprich but the best guy on the best team usually wins. I also hoped Easton Stick would have won something. I base this mostly on the fact I love hockey.

Yea, I think Coprich is great...he's the best RB in the conference this season...but Iannotti makes the biggest individual impact for his team. I think ISUr without Coprich is still very good, but SIU without Iannotti would be MSU-level bad, so I agree with you on that.

Stick is good, he'll have plenty of time to rack up awards.

I love that Coach Nielson got the Coach of the Year award (named after a great Western coach, btw). Took a team predicted to finish 8th in the conference with likely something around a 4-7 record and got them to 3rd in the conference with a 6-5 record (first winning season since 2010) and a 3-2 record over eventual playoff teams. He's doing some great things here.

jtthenutt
November 25th, 2015, 11:16 AM
I was more offended that David Johnson lost last year.

BisonFan02
November 25th, 2015, 11:17 AM
I was more offended that David Johnson lost last year.

I wasn't. You guys had no clue how to use him effectively and that is what cost him more than anything.

Sycamore62
November 25th, 2015, 11:55 AM
I know Iannoitti was great but every time I saw ISUr need to do something to win it was Coprich being the something.

plus a guy with marketing skills like him....

Professor Chaos
November 25th, 2015, 11:58 AM
I know Iannoitti was great but every time I saw ISUr need to do something to win it was Coprich being the something.

plus a guy with marketing skills like him....
Haha! Coprich knows how to "sell" himself to the voters is what you're saying?

UNIFanSince1983
November 25th, 2015, 12:01 PM
Haha! Coprich knows how to "sell" himself to the voters is what you're saying?

Gotta have decent marketing skills if you can get a cop to buy weed from you.

jtthenutt
November 25th, 2015, 12:32 PM
I wasn't. You guys had no clue how to use him effectively and that is what cost him more than anything.

Yeah, wasted half a season. Legitimately the best talent UNI has ever had.

BisonFan02
November 25th, 2015, 12:50 PM

Agree

clenz
November 25th, 2015, 01:34 PM
He was for sure.

Team wide?

Go back to the 07 and 08 teams.
4 OL from that period spent some time in the NFL - 2 still are (Chad Reinhardt, Brandon Keith, Austin Steichen and Austin Howard...all were also AC or AA during their time on campus)
One of the 5 best QBs to ever play in the FCS with Eric Sanders
Second best RB in UNI history - Corey Lewis
TE's Ordt and Mahaffey spent time in the NFL
Best group of WR to come through
Multiple DPOY's, All Americans, All Conference players on the defensive side of the ball - too many to name

Yeah. It's why I'm not too upset about the idea of a bowl game.