PDA

View Full Version : Fordham at UT-Chattanooga

FordhamFan
November 22nd, 2015, 05:09 PM
One of the more interesting first round games if you ask me, even if just for the novelty of a PL team traveling down south.

I have only watched a few quarters of Chatty, but some of the more knowledgeable posters here had UTC as a seed, so I'm not too excited about the matchup. Much rather have had a rematch with UNH. I'm sure Chattanooga fans are licking their lips with a less dynamic than previous years Fordham coming down to Finley.

What says everyone else? Does Fordham have a chance? Will the PL pick up a playoff win against a respected conference? Or does Chattanooga flex their muscles all over the boys from the Bronx?

PantherRob82
November 22nd, 2015, 05:13 PM
Early pick of UTC by 17

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 22nd, 2015, 05:14 PM
Physical vs Finesse.....

Not the best draw for Fordham. Not the worst draw for Fordham. It will be interesting to see how Edmonds fairs against their defense. The Rams have to get after it on defense. They were pretty darn bad all year. I think Chatty will be surprised by Fordham's team speed. Anderson has to have a huge game for Fordham to have a chance...

first take, UTC 37 Fordham 24

bonarae
November 22nd, 2015, 05:54 PM
Southern FCS > Northern FCS (at present)

Chatty by a decent but not big margin around 14-21.

Fordham
November 22nd, 2015, 05:56 PM
Brutal matchup

NY Crusader 2010
November 22nd, 2015, 06:13 PM
UTC 40 Fordham 23

I actually think Colgate v UNH round 2 will be a closer game. If you take 2003 out of the equation, the Raiders have been a very poor playoff team but their squad looks to have improved greatly as the season has gone on.

Fordham is not as dangerous as they were in 2013 and 2014. They certainly deserved to be in the field at 9-2 because they took care of business against everyone they were supposed to beat, got an FBS win @ Army and also beat Ivy co-champ Penn. Only two losses were to the PL AQ Colgate and Villanova, who went into the final week with a chance to win the CAA.

Mocs123
November 22nd, 2015, 06:14 PM
I hope some Fordham fans make the trip.

Chattanooga Scouting Report:

Chattanooga runs most everything through 5th year Senior QB Jacob Huesman. Huesman has passed for ~1800 yards and run for ~1000 yards this season. We also have 1000 yard rusher in Derrick Craine, who is a very physical runner.

On defense we run a straight up 4-2-5 and even though we have lost a few Defensive Tackles, our defense is still the strength of our team.

ngineer
November 22nd, 2015, 06:14 PM
If the Mocs have a good defense, this could be lopsided. If a track meet breaks out, anyone's ball game.

ElCid
November 22nd, 2015, 06:33 PM
If the Mocs have a good defense, this could be lopsided. If a track meet breaks out, anyone's ball game.

The Mocs have a good Defense.

jsualumnus
November 22nd, 2015, 06:47 PM
The Mocs have a very good Defense, but you have to pressure Huesman... I mean, you have to really really pressure him...

JSUSoutherner
November 22nd, 2015, 06:48 PM
Moc's fans already on the JSU boards trying to trash talk us. xlmaox

Personally, I wouldn't mind trashing UTC ourselves, but I also wouldn't mind seeing them not make it to the second round at all.
I think Fordham will squeak it out over Chat at home. 27-24

ElCid
November 22nd, 2015, 07:02 PM
Personally, I wouldn't mind trashing UTC ourselves, but I also wouldn't mind seeing them not make it to the second round at all.

Wishful thinking.

JSUSoutherner
November 22nd, 2015, 07:06 PM
Wishful thinking.
Well given Chat's questionable games with VMI, Mars Hill, Wofford, and a loss to Mercer it's definitely a possibility. Never underestimate the underdog.

longtimemocfan
November 22nd, 2015, 07:07 PM
Moc's fans already on the JSU boards trying to trash talk us. xlmaox

Don't know why Mocs fans would be over on your board this early. Have to beat a good Fordham team first. Your always going to have your share of knuckle heads in every fan base.

JSUSoutherner
November 22nd, 2015, 07:09 PM
Don't know why Mocs fans would be over on your board this early. Have to beat a good Fordham team first. Your always going to have your share of knuckle heads in every fan base.
Yeah, some bozo over there is just trying to stir things up. He even spelled Wofford "Wofferd" lol.

I wouldn't mind you guys proving me wrong, that would just be a great opportunity to sellout Burgess-Snow and play another great game. Chattanooga always gives us all we want and plays us hard.

jsualumnus
November 22nd, 2015, 07:09 PM
That's a Moc fan for you... Nice to you in person yet talk crap about you online. I hope Fordham beats the living dog mess out of UTC.

JSUSoutherner
November 22nd, 2015, 07:16 PM
That's a Moc fan for you... Nice to you in person yet talk crap about you online. I hope Fordham beats the living dog mess out of UTC.
Longtimemocfan has a point though, every fan base has idiots. UTC's even has some that throw stuff at bands at halftime even after we get brand new $450 uniforms. A lot of the people I talked to at UTC though we really nice and welcoming. There are just a few clowns that ruin it.

jsualumnus
November 22nd, 2015, 07:18 PM
No matter what team comes to JSU, their fans will be welcomed and invited to tailgate with most anyone that day...

Fordham
November 22nd, 2015, 07:20 PM
Whoa, whoa, whoa, fellas. Let's not get off track here. We were discussing how Fordham has no shot.

Honestly, our D has been worse than awful. A QB who can take off and run with it is our particular weakness. Moorhead is an amazing coach and we'll be ready to play but there could also be a record setting performance in store for your QB. Just my .02

Mocs123
November 22nd, 2015, 07:29 PM
I would hope that Chattanooga fans wouldn't do that. We do have a couple of fans on here that like to stir the pot, but I do hope we meet again on 12/5.

As much as I love to hate JSU, I have a lot of respect for the program you have built there. Great game day atmosphere too.

And there is no denying that your band is fantastic.

FordhamFan
November 22nd, 2015, 07:37 PM
Whoa, whoa, whoa, fellas. Let's not get off track here. We were discussing how Fordham has no shot.

Honestly, our D has been worse than awful. A QB who can take off and run with it is our particular weakness. Moorhead is an amazing coach and we'll be ready to play but there could also be a record setting performance in store for your QB. Just my .02

My thought exactly...as soon as I read that the Moc QB had 1000 yds rushing, my stomach jumped to my throat. Looks like it's going to take quite the performance for Fordham to earn another game down south

Mocs123
November 22nd, 2015, 07:41 PM
Fordham is in the playoffs for a reason, and the Mercer game is proof that we can't overlook anyone. If we don't bring our A game, we won't win. Fordham has won more playoff games than Chattanooga has BTW.

jsualumnus
November 22nd, 2015, 07:41 PM
Huesman's a beast... No doubt!

ElCid
November 22nd, 2015, 07:47 PM

xlolx

I would not say no shot, but the deck is stacked in Chatty's favor. UTC had been hot and cold all year. And anyone who think that just because they hard games against VMI, Wofford, and lost to Mercer, that they will roll over is not paying attention. All three of those teams are way better than their records indicate and to point out one weakness I think UTC has, these were all road games. I am not going to worry about the Planet school too much as they were probably playing down to them and probably overlooked them. UTC will be one of the best Defenses Fordam will have seen all year. Pretty close to Nova's probably.

JaxSinfonian
November 22nd, 2015, 08:12 PM
I would hope that Chattanooga fans wouldn't do that. We do have one fan on here who is an infamously delusional homer, but I do hope we meet again on 12/5.

Fixed it for you.

As much as I love to hate JSU, I have a lot of respect for the program you have built there. Great game day atmosphere too.

And there is no denying that your band is fantastic.

Thanks. I've always enjoyed our trips to Chattanooga, and not just because they usually end well for my team. The fans are friendly, the drive is easy and the city is a good time. The game day atmosphere is good, better now that the Mocs are winning and drawing crowds. I actually prefer it when we play at Finley. Kinda sucks that there's a break in 2016 under the current four-year deal and that the next two games are in Jacksonville.

Meanwhile, I have a former work colleague who now lives in Montgomery who is a Fordham alum and a huge Rams fan. We've been wishing for a JSU-Fordham playoff matchup for years. Sorry, but I won't be hoping for a rematch.

chattanoogamocs
November 22nd, 2015, 11:30 PM

LOL...yeah, because their are no cocky, arrogant JSU fans to be found online. Oh wait, there's Cocky...Whup em'...and possibly you (the jury is still out). I could go on...and on...and on. ;)

Y'all are right though...you never know about those underdogs playing on the road...just ask JSU last year (SHSU 37-26). :doh

But I digress, this is about Chattanooga and Fordham. I am actually excited about the game from the standpoint that these two teams would probably never play each other (just like UTC and UNH last year) if it were not for the playoffs. And if the Mocs are fortunate enough to advance, I love not having to fly to Boston and drive another 90 miles to New Hampshire to see the Mocs play. And the truth is, Mocs vs Cocks has become a great rivalry. JSU has gotten the better of the Mocs in recent history, but man, they have almost all been great games.

I already told everyone on Mocfans not to take Fordham lightly, they gotten an FBS win 2 out of the last 3 years and they always play the CAA tough.

chattanoogamocs
November 22nd, 2015, 11:35 PM

Best laugh of the day, rep points given.

chattanoogamocs
November 22nd, 2015, 11:38 PM
(side note: that is my 2 year old son, doing his little touchdown dance in the stands, at the 20 second mark)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4unJVdG2Jo

JSUSoutherner
November 22nd, 2015, 11:42 PM
Y'all are right though...you never know about those underdogs playing on the road...just ask JSU last year (SHSU 37-26). :doh

or you could ask Mercer... Oh wait, they were the underdogs. ;)

chattanoogamocs
November 22nd, 2015, 11:57 PM
or you could ask Mercer... Oh wait, they were the underdogs. ;)

Yeah, but we weren't at home. Much worse to get beat on your home field.

Oh wait, JSU didn't that at Finley in game 1.

You guys are the Mocs kryptonite right now...but, by the law of averages, the more times we play, at some point the Mocs will have to sneak in at least one win in.

CID1990
November 23rd, 2015, 04:23 AM
Chatty will find a way to win this game by no more than 10-14 points.

Big_Fan
November 23rd, 2015, 05:13 AM
Yeah, but we weren't at home. Much worse to get beat on your home field.

Oh wait, JSU didn't that at Finley in game 1.

You guys are the Mocs kryptonite right now...but, by the law of averages, the more times we play, at some point the Mocs will have to sneak in at least one win in.

Glad I re-read that... for a moment, I thought you were saying that a loss to a very good SHSU team at home in the playoffs, was more embarrassing than a loss on the road to a terrible Mercer team. Mercer lost to Tenn Tech, while SHSU won 11 games, beat Nova on the road, and had gone to Frisco twice in the previous 3 seasons.

chattownmocs
November 23rd, 2015, 08:11 AM
I just don't see how Fordham can get stops. Chattanooga 42-17

Mocs123
November 23rd, 2015, 08:24 AM
I feel like we can play with anyone in the country.

Of course we have also shown when we caugh it up 4 times we can also lose to anyone in the country.

Mercer isn't as bad as everyone thinks but we still shouldn't have lost. And yes Mercer losing to TTU was a head scratcher.

We have played down to some competition this year and have had problems in the red zone. For the most part we have moved the ball fairly well but stalk out in the red zone

I enjoy the JSU series and hope it continues in the future. I think we have developed a good rivalry.

I am excited to play Fordham too as it is two teams that would probably never meet outside the playoffs.

Mocs123
November 23rd, 2015, 09:01 AM
I am doing some scouting on Fordham and am impressed they only lost to Nova by 7 and that was before Nova lost their all everything QB.

Fordham scores lots of points and averages almost 460 yards per game.

1600 of their 2000 total rushing yards for the year come from RB Chase Edmonds a 5 9, 196lb sophomore (who also ran for 1800 yards last year). I don't know much about Lehigh other than they are D1FCS but he ran for 347 yards against them. Read that again.

Passing comes from Kevin Anderson who has 2900 yards with a 67% completion percentage and 29 touchdowns to only 9 intersections.

He seems to spread the ball out to a lot of different receivers.

Their FG kicker is 8-12 but did hit a 54 yarder.

On defense they have 22 sacks and 16 picks. They have a ton of pass breakups and passes defended at 50 and 66 respectively.

They have allowed 38 sacks :)

At first glance this looks like a very potent offense, and a defense that is very good against the pass.

We had better get our DBs ready as his will be the best passing attack we have faced since Samford.

Fordham has been to the playoffs 4 times since 2000 winning 3 games. The past two years they won first round games against Sacred Heart(both years) and then lost in the second round to Towson and New Hampsire respectively. They played UNH in the playoffs the week before we met them in the Semis losing 19-44. Chase Edmonds ran for 208 yards in the game.

I know that the Patriot League is historically a weaker league but this looks like a quality opponent.

Fordham
November 23rd, 2015, 10:52 AM
Good review, mocs. The only inference I would not agree with is our passing D being good or a strength. It is disturbingly putrid. I actually think we are pretty good up front but whether it's scheme or talent we were never safe even when putting opponents in 3rd and 20+ situations.

The story on O is going to be our OL. If they can play well we have excellent skill position talent with Edmonds and Anderson leading the way. Our TE is a 6'8 245lb, athletic match-up nightmare although he hasn't always shown the best hands. If we don't get overwhelmed up front I do think we will score but not sure it will be enough to out score you guys. If the OL is a mismatch, see chattownmocs' post above about a blowout.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 23rd, 2015, 10:56 AM
Chatty will either win by 17 or pull another Chokeanooga.

Fordham
November 23rd, 2015, 10:56 AM
(side note: that is my 2 year old son, doing his little touchdown dance in the stands, at the 20 second mark)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4unJVdG2Jo
That's awesome!

Wish it wasn't Thanksgiving weekend or I'd be grabbing my kids heading down there. Looks like a great crowd

Mocs123
November 23rd, 2015, 12:09 PM
Do you run a pro style offense or do you run the spread?

We run the spread and the two names you will hear a lot are QB Jacob Huesman and RB Derrick Craine. Both player have some speed and run with power but are not shifty speed guys. Craine gets a lot of yards after contact.

We don't throw the ball down the field a ton (not enough IMO) but do a lot of WR screens asking players to gain yards after the catch.

Our O Line is fairly solid but has had off games as well. We got pushed around a few times (like Mercer) and have moved people around there some.

On defense we all start up front but after losing 3 starters on the D Line last year (2 to the NFL) and having 2 starter out with injuries we are pretty thin but our D Line Coach Marcus West will have the guys ready to play. We like to get after the QB.

Our secondary looks good on paper but there have been concerns there with a young group. We don't play a lot of teams that really throw the ball around other then VMI and Samford. We played a D2 school (Mars Hill) with a big 6-5 receiver that played for both Georgia and Texas and he gave us fits.

Last year with practically the same group we were really solid and didn't give up many big plays. We have given up quite a few this year.

Our kicker has a big leg but hasn't attempted anything over 50 yards in a game.

I am hoping for a good game, a good crowd (though it's a terrible weekend for a big crowd), and of course a Mocs victory.

FordhamFan
November 23rd, 2015, 04:39 PM
We definitely run a spread, but it's more of a multiple offense than a strict passing attack. Obviously with one of the best running backs in the nation, we try to get him going. Edmonds is an unbelievable player. He's not Patriot League good, he's nationally good, and if anyone is wondering why he came to Fordham, it's because we were the only school that told him we'd definitely make him an RB.

QB Anderson is a transfer from Marshall, who sat behind Nebrich last year and is doing a tremendous job in his first year as "the guy." He can run, but will do so in times where he might be able to find a throw if he stays with the progression. That being said, the OLine is not as good as previous years, so he needs to takeoff a fair amount. I think he's going to be spectacular in the next couple years (especially if Moorhead and Co. stick around).

It's encouraging that you say you've given up big plays, because that is how Fordham can win this game if you ask me. We can strike very fast, but chattownmocs could be spot on if you stop us a few times early. Fordham's defense has been incredibly easy to move the ball on.

I'm not optimistic, but I think we have a fighting shot, especially if Chatty turns the ball over and gives our offense more possessions than it has to

Mocs123
November 23rd, 2015, 05:10 PM
I could see us winning big but I could see us losing too. When we come to play we are very good but we have not been very consistent this year. Other than JSU we have convincingly won our "big" games. Samford, Furman, western Carolina, and The Citadel were all "games of the year" at some point during this SoCon season, all of which we played pretty well in. It was the games we were supposed to win big that we struggled with this season, squeaking by Wofford and VMI and losing to Mercer by 3.

I am not sure if we overlooked those teams and didn't prepare adiquitly or just were just not motivated.

That isn't to say that those are bad teams. Mercer has come along nicely and VMI is much improved but we should have beaten them by more. We had almost 500 yards of offense but settled for field goals instead of touchdowns.

I don't feel as confidant as I did last year.

JSUSoutherner
November 23rd, 2015, 05:20 PM
I could see us winning big but I could see us losing too. When we come to play we are very good but we have not been very consistent this year. Other than JSU we have convincingly won our "big" games. Samford, Furman, western Carolina, and The Citadel were all "games of the year" at some point during this SoCon season, all of which we played pretty well in. It was the games we were supposed to win big that we struggled with this season, squeaking by Wofford and VMI and losing to Mercer by 3.

I am not sure if we overlooked those teams and didn't prepare adiquitly or just were just not motivated.

That isn't to say that those are bad teams. Mercer has come along nicely and VMI is much improved but we should have beaten them by more. We had almost 500 yards of offense but settled for field goals instead of touchdowns.

I don't feel as confidant as I did last year.

I think Mercer is the unluckiest team of the regular season, hands down. They were within a touchdown (in every loss except Samford) and could have very well been 10-1. Or at least won enough to get them into playoffs.

UNHWildcat18
November 23rd, 2015, 05:28 PM
UTC 35-17

KPSUL
November 23rd, 2015, 09:35 PM
UNH normally plays one or two Patriot League teams each season and the edge we have is normally at the line of scrimmage. The best PL teams have plenty of excellent athletes at skill positions. Chase Edmunds is as good as any runner you see in FCS and Fordham has a very good passing game; IF you don't pressure the QB effectively. Last year the UNH D Line was able to sack the Fordham QB repeatedly early in the 1st half, which was the big difference in the game. I actually felt the game was closer than the final score indicated. UNH vs Chattanooga 2014; two teams couldn't have been better matched. They actually had very similar offenses. If the game had been in TN, Chattanooga would have likely won. I realize these 2015 teams have somewhat different strengths and weaknesses, but I think the game will be competitive, with Chattanooga eventually pulling away by a couple TDs.

FUBeAR
November 24th, 2015, 07:41 AM
Chattanooga, the 3-Times-in-a-Row Champion of the now top-to-bottom-STRONG SoCon, rolls over the carpetbaggers, 35-7; and with El Cid roasting another variety of yardbird this Saturday, the SoCon puts 2 teams into the 2nd round!

BTW - The outcome of Mercer's game with TTU was greatly affected by the apparent suspension of the usual PI rules for players not wearing white jerseys by the OVC Officiating Crew. 2 felonious assaults (on balls thrown into the endzone for sure TD's) were ignored by both the striped shirts and local law enforcement, for example; there were several other similar, but only misdemeanor-level crimes, equally ignored. Also, Mercer's top RB playing with 3 broken ribs and a punctured lung did not help the rushing game that day.

BTW2 - Good to see JSUSoutherner knows what's up...Bears lost some real heartbreakers this year and were in a position to win every game at the end, except for the last one. Even with the ugliness of the final score of that Samford game, Mercer led for about 2/3 of the game, until Samford's superior SPEED and depth enabled them to score 3 TD's in a span of 5:22...and RUN away from the Bears in the 4th quarter.

The Boogie Down
November 25th, 2015, 01:37 PM
I'll be so gracious to give my forthcoming weeks prediction. I've been in deep study on this one. I have now completed my in-depth analysis of this weeks Fordham Vs. Chattanooga game. The mockingbirds might lead by half an ankle and start to say nanny nanny BOO BOO but to quote Lance Armstrong, internal workings will shows you for who you really are.I believe it will be a close game until the final buzzer, but The Rams will pull this out.

It is THE BATTLE!!! It is declared that, this is THE BATTLE..... and the Rams will win!!!

just think 132 playing 132 = 132/2 (66)

66 with a 50% chance of winning.. = that equals 33.....

FORDHAM WILL WIN YES YES YES!!!! By 33.. and don't forget.. BET the HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mocs123
November 25th, 2015, 01:47 PM
I hope our pass rush dominates however we have two starters out presumably for the year. I would loved to have has our line at full strength.

I hope we are not spending all day chasing the second coming of Barry Sanders around the field.

Honestly it sounds like we may have an advantage at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball but will be challenged at the skill positions.

The highlights I watched of Chase Edmonds look phenomenal.

I am having problems comparing them to a team we have already played and the closest seems like Samford (who has outstanding skill players) only they have Adrian Petterson in the backfield.

I more I research Fordham the more dangerous I feel their offense is. It's hard to tell as overall I think they played a fairly weak schedule though my impression may be based on an unfair bias from the non scholorship patriot league days.

I feel like we win, but honestly don't know exactly what to expect. This is really what the playoffs are all about, two teams from differnt parts of the country that would otherwise never play get to compete to move on to the next round.

FUBeAR
November 25th, 2015, 02:40 PM

I believe you just explained the mystery of the Rolling Rock Beer label?

Lehigh'98
November 25th, 2015, 03:09 PM
I'll be so gracious to give my forthcoming weeks prediction. I've been in deep study on this one. I have now completed my in-depth analysis of this weeks Fordham Vs. Chattanooga game. The mockingbirds might lead by half an ankle and start to say nanny nanny BOO BOO but to quote Lance Armstrong, internal workings will shows you for who you really are.I believe it will be a close game until the final buzzer, but The Rams will pull this out.

It is THE BATTLE!!! It is declared that, this is THE BATTLE..... and the Rams will win!!!

FORDHAM WILL WIN YES YES YES!!!! By 33.. and don't forget.. BET the HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone's been spending too much time in Patriot League football forums.

CID1990
November 25th, 2015, 03:28 PM
Chatty by 20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fordham
November 25th, 2015, 08:54 PM

Is that a KillaBee impression?

dgtw
November 25th, 2015, 09:07 PM
I think Chatty wins by a comfortable margin. See you down here next weekend.

I love the series and wish we were in the SoCon to have this every year along with other close by rivals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

longtimemocfan
November 25th, 2015, 09:26 PM
Hope to see some Fordham fans here this weekend. Going to have some good weather 60's by game time. As for the game ? Think their will be some points put up by both teams. See Fordham has given up a lot sacks this year. The Mocs may have the best pass rush the Rams have seen this season.

longtimemocfan
November 25th, 2015, 09:32 PM
[QUOTE=dgtw;2294415]I think Chatty wins by a comfortable margin. See you down here next weekend.

I love the series and wish we were in the SoCon to have this every year along with other close by rivals.

If we should get lucky enough to get by Fordham I'll be down to see this matchup. I agree, we have more of a natural rivalry with Jax.St. than we do with any team in our own conference.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOT

JSU02
November 25th, 2015, 09:35 PM
[QUOTE=dgtw;2294415]I I agree, we have more of a natural rivalry with Jax.St. than we do with any team in our own conference.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOT

Yet you won't schedule us consistently....

chattownmocs
November 25th, 2015, 09:59 PM
[QUOTE=longtimemocfan;2294423]

Yet you won't schedule us consistently....

This is one of the many fantasys that jacksonville state fans have. This delusion that we are scared of them and we don't want to play them. They really think that we are going to renig and refuse to gondown therenand play in a couple years. What its based on? Absolutely nothing.

JSUSoutherner
November 25th, 2015, 10:03 PM
This is one of the many fantasys that jacksonville state fans have. This delusion that we are scared of them and we don't want to play them. They really think that we are going to renig and refuse to gondown therenand play in a couple years. What its based on? Absolutely nothing.
Can this be edited to the point where it's actually readable?

jsualumnus
November 25th, 2015, 10:26 PM
Mush mouth, anyone?

Mocs123
November 25th, 2015, 10:28 PM
Personally I love the series and I think it is bennificial to both teams.

Assuming both teams stay ranked it is a chance for that elusive quality OOC win every season.

It's a close road game that fans from both schools are able to travel to. It's also cost effective for the schools.

This game just makes sense and I hope both ADs keep this series alive.

I would have liked JSU in the SoCon but I don't think the SoCon was interested at one time and now I am not sure if JSU would be interested. JSU would have been a great replacement for ASU or GSU.

jsualumnus
November 25th, 2015, 10:34 PM
It is a very good rivalry that is fun to watch and tailgate at! Great crowds! We are looking forward to you guys coming down next weekend!

Mocs123
November 25th, 2015, 10:37 PM
I hope so but we have to beat a very good Fordham team first.

jsualumnus
November 25th, 2015, 10:43 PM
You will beat Fordham. I'll be watching the game at home. Obviously, JSU wants you guys to come down for the crowd you'll bring, but playoff crowds are always thin for some reason. Should be 20k plus, hopefully...

JSUSoutherner
November 25th, 2015, 10:58 PM
Personally I love the series and I think it is bennificial to both teams.

Assuming both teams stay ranked it is a chance for that elusive quality OOC win every season.

It's a close road game that fans from both schools are able to travel to. It's also cost effective for the schools.

This game just makes sense and I hope both ADs keep this series alive.

I would have liked JSU in the SoCon but I don't think the SoCon was interested at one time and now I am not sure if JSU would be interested. JSU would have been a great replacement for ASU or GSU.
I enjoy the rivalry. My only two problems are the area surrounding Finley isn't really that great (which is pretty minor, honestly) and your student section is full of ***holes. We had brand new $400 uniforms and they were throwing things at us before halftime. Thankfully though not all the fans are as classless as the students and I talked to several very nice and complementary Mocs fans after the game. Also Chattanooga is better than anyone else we play in the regular season so the games are always good to watch. A jump to the SoCon would be awesome for JSU.

I think a JSU-Chat playoff game could sell-out Burgess honestly. Especially if the Mocs bring a lot of fans.

The Boogie Down
November 26th, 2015, 12:07 AM
Is that a KillaBee impression?

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21887&stc=1

Creeping up and taking over! Next stop Chattanooga! Fordham by 33! Bet the house!

ngineer
November 26th, 2015, 08:51 AM
Hey, ask Killabee where we should put the house on Goodman Campus!

longtimemocfan
November 26th, 2015, 09:31 AM
I enjoy the rivalry. My only two problems are the area surrounding Finley isn't really that great (which is pretty minor, honestly) and your student section is full of ***holes. We had brand new $400 uniforms and they were throwing things at us before halftime. Thankfully though not all the fans are as classless as the students and I talked to several very nice and complementary Mocs fans after the game. Also Chattanooga is better than anyone else we play in the regular season so the games are always good to watch. A jump to the SoCon would be awesome for JSU.

I think a JSU-Chat playoff game could sell-out Burgess honestly. Especially if the Mocs bring a lot of fans.

Hate hearing that some of the students would act unaccordingly. Your band is awesome and is always a pleasure to hear play.... I'll be one the fans that attend if we're fortunate to get by a good Fordham team.

FordhamFan
November 26th, 2015, 10:05 AM
I appreciate the respect the Chatty fans here have had for Fordham. Not gonna lie I was fully expecting a total drubbing of Fordham and the Patriot League in this thread. Gonna take a big effort for the Rams to prevail, but it's nice to hear your team respected by those from other areas of the country.

Hope it's a good, competitive game

caribbeanhen
November 26th, 2015, 10:08 AM
I appreciate the respect the Chatty fans here have had for Fordham. Not gonna lie I was fully expecting a total drubbing of Fordham and the Patriot League in this thread. Gonna take a big effort for the Rams to prevail, but it's nice to hear your team respected by those from other areas of the country.

Chatty is gonna get all they can handle from the Pearl of the Bronx, Does southern speed still exist? if so Chatty might squeak by

jsualumnus
November 26th, 2015, 10:33 AM
I am looking forward to watching the UTC/Fordham game as to who will be JSU's next victim! All kidding aside, I think UTC will win this game as UTC's D is very good. Huesman is a very good QB as well, and I mean that... I wouldn't be surprised though if Fordham is pumped enough to bring Huesman and crew down...

As stated earlier, I hope UTC wins only for the game day atmosphere at JSU and that we get another opportunity to see Huesman Sr. explode!

longtimemocfan
November 26th, 2015, 11:30 AM

From what I've seen of Fordham they are well coached and surprisingly quick. No pushover for sure. Going to be competitive game.

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2015, 11:36 AM
As stated earlier, I hope UTC wins only for the game day atmosphere at JSU and that we get another opportunity to see Huesman Sr. explode!
I think his post game interview after us was my favorite thing of the season. Thanks to the Southerners and thanks to the fact I thought he was about to turn out like baby Huey did and break into tears. Lol

Milktruck74
November 26th, 2015, 12:01 PM
The key for Chattanooga is going to be to shut down the run and our offense to get ahead early. If our front 4 can clog the running lanes early and force Fordham to air it out to play catch up, our secondary is up for the challenge and our front 4 will be licking their chops!!!! If we let that SEC Caliber Running back to break some long ones, it could be a rough day for the Blue and Gold.

Fordham
November 26th, 2015, 12:14 PM
The keys for us are to get Chase the ball, hang tough on the lines and stop giving 20yd cushions to wide outs on the corners. The first is likely, the second a toss up and the third a pipe dream!

still can't wait though. Just good to be back in the playoffs again

Milktruck74
November 26th, 2015, 12:19 PM
It is truly what the playoffs are about....it's almost as if the committee forgot about regionalization on this one!!!!

FordhamFan
November 26th, 2015, 05:17 PM
It is truly what the playoffs are about....it's almost as if the committee forgot about regionalization on this one!!!!

Could not agree more! This is exciting just for the oddity of playing a team like Chattanooga. I'm so pumped for 1 pm Saturday

ngineer
November 26th, 2015, 11:07 PM
Could not agree more! This is exciting just for the oddity of playing a team like Chattanooga. I'm so pumped for 1 pm Saturday

Where will this game be televized/available on internet?

longtimemocfan
November 26th, 2015, 11:32 PM
Where will this game be televized/available on internet?

Yes ESPN 3

Gater
November 27th, 2015, 11:54 AM
On the Fordham side, I think it comes down to how the O-line plays. Kevin Anderson is a really good QB. Guy completed 67% of his passes with 29 TD's against 9 picks and averages 9.5 yards per passing attempt. Amazingly, he didn't make the 1st or 2nd All Patriot League team--which is pretty unheard of for a QB with these stats on a team that goes 9-2 with an FBS win. (Think him being a transfer and not having a game the last week of the season hurt him.) The guy who won it--Pujals from Holy Cross had one fewer TD and two more INT's. He threw for 300 more yards on the season but on 181 more attempts--and lead a team that wasn't as good as Fordham--weird. Colgate's dual threat QB got second team--but that's an apples to oranges comparison. Apples to apples, Anderson had a better year than Pujals for a better team.

Edmonds put up 347 yards of rushing against Lehigh and was having a monster year until the end of the season. Going into the Colgate game (9th game of the season) he was averaging 7.4 yards a carry but then he averaged 2.8 yards per carry against Colgate and 2.7 against Bucknell (Bucknell does have a very good defense) to drop his average down to 6.6 (which is still, obviously, pretty amazing). Despite his stats against Colgate, Edmonds is as good as any offensive player Colgate faced this year including Navy's fullback(s). He is incredibly quick and fights for yards. You would exhale anytime the five Colgate tacklers finally got him down.

Was also really impressed with Longi for Fordham--freshman receiver who is very quick. Would try to get the ball to him if the line is having problems (though this is mostly based on what he did in the Colgate game).

On a side note, I went to to Fordham forum and was really impressed with how gracious and helpful the Chatty folks were to the Fordham fans looking to travel to the game.

jsualumnus
November 27th, 2015, 12:24 PM
Fordham fans traveling to the game should find some very close restaurants with great beer selections, and the parking lot north of the stadium provides plenty of room for tailgating. Enjoy!

FUBeAR
November 27th, 2015, 12:35 PM
I went to to Fordham forum and was really impressed with how gracious and helpful the Chatty folks were to the Fordham fans looking to travel to the game.

Chatt fans are good peeps. They, as a group, are the only school (with the exception of also-new-member, VMI) in the SoCon that was not and have not been dismissive and disrespectful to Mercer Football and Mercer Fans. Now, I don't count Chattttttttown in that number because s/he is just who s/he is and, IMHO, is hilarious. They were great hosts when I went up there in '14. I even went and sat in the midst of their student section for a bit, with my Mercer 'swag' on...and they were rowdy, as college students should be, but cool; just a few fun verbal jabs and then good questions about the school and the team, etc. They were also very gracious (even Chatttttown) after their upset loss to the Bears this year. The city of Chatt is a lot of fun too and, of course, beautiful with the river and the mountains right there. I don't think the Rams team will have any fun at all on Sat., but I'm sure their fans will be treated well and enjoy their visit to the game and the Chattanooga area.

Fordham
November 27th, 2015, 03:31 PM
On the Fordham side, I think it comes down to how the O-line plays. Kevin Anderson is a really good QB. Guy completed 67% of his passes with 29 TD's against 9 picks and averages 9.5 yards per passing attempt. Amazingly, he didn't make the 1st or 2nd All Patriot League team--which is pretty unheard of for a QB with these stats on a team that goes 9-2 with an FBS win. (Think him being a transfer and not having a game the last week of the season hurt him.) The guy who won it--Pujals from Holy Cross had one fewer TD and two more INT's. He threw for 300 more yards on the season but on 181 more attempts--and lead a team that wasn't as good as Fordham--weird. Colgate's dual threat QB got second team--but that's an apples to oranges comparison. Apples to apples, Anderson had a better year than Pujals for a better team.

Edmonds put up 347 yards of rushing against Lehigh and was having a monster year until the end of the season. Going into the Colgate game (9th game of the season) he was averaging 7.4 yards a carry but then he averaged 2.8 yards per carry against Colgate and 2.7 against Bucknell (Bucknell does have a very good defense) to drop his average down to 6.6 (which is still, obviously, pretty amazing). Despite his stats against Colgate, Edmonds is as good as any offensive player Colgate faced this year including Navy's fullback(s). He is incredibly quick and fights for yards. You would exhale anytime the five Colgate tacklers finally got him down.

Was also really impressed with Longi for Fordham--freshman receiver who is very quick. Would try to get the ball to him if the line is having problems (though this is mostly based on what he did in the Colgate game).

On a side note, I went to to Fordham forum and was really impressed with how gracious and helpful the Chatty folks were to the Fordham fans looking to travel to the game.
Good post. Also 100% agree with you on the line about the quality of the Chatty fans

Mocs123
November 27th, 2015, 05:02 PM
I hope all the Fordham fans coming down have a safe trip and a great time in the Scenic City ........until 1:00 that is, after that I hope your afternoon is less enjoyable than mine :)

KPSUL
November 28th, 2015, 08:22 AM
Can this be edited to the point where it's actually readable?

OK, I am completely objective since I don't have either a Chattanooga or JSU preference. I can edit it so that the post would be Washington Post ready:

"This is one of the many fantasys that jacksonville state fans have. This delusion that we are scared of them and we don't want to play them. They really think that we are going to renig and refuse to gondown therenand play in a couple years. What its based on? Absolutely nothing"

This is but one of many misconceptions that Jacksonville State fans possess that shape their opinions concerning Chattanooga's willingness to play them frequently. They mistakenly assume that we are intimidated by their team and would prefer not playing against them. They inexplicably think that we are going to schedule games with them over the next several years and then cancel those games at a later time. What is the basis of this thinking? In my view, nothing substansial!

jsualumnus
November 28th, 2015, 08:35 AM
OK, I am completely objective since I don't have either a Chattanooga or JSU preference. I can edit it so that the post would be Washington Post ready:

"This is one of the many fantasys that jacksonville state fans have. This delusion that we are scared of them and we don't want to play them. They really think that we are going to renig and refuse to gondown therenand play in a couple years. What its based on? Absolutely nothing"

This is but one of many misconceptions that Jacksonville State fans possess that shape their opinions concerning Chattanooga's willingness to play them frequently. They mistakenly assume that we are intimidated by their team and would prefer not playing against them. They inexplicably think that we are going to schedule games with them over the next several years and then cancel those games at a later time. What is the basis of this thinking? In my view, nothing substansial!

Classic!!! That was pretty funny...

JSUSoutherner
November 28th, 2015, 08:36 AM

Thanks man!

FordhamFan
November 28th, 2015, 10:30 AM
I'm nervous. I'm excited. I'm anxious. Must be 90 minutes until playoff time!