PDA

View Full Version : South Dakota State at Montana

mmiller_34
November 22nd, 2015, 01:37 PM
What are we looking at here?

Montana has been on a roll the past few weeks and are hot. On the other hand, SDSU has had a couple of shaky weeks. Since the loss to UNI SDSU seems to really struggle to make statements in games. Yes, we beat Illinois State but we just barely hung on. As a Rabbit fan, I'm not feeling too confident.

Thoughts? Predictions?

Drblankstare
November 22nd, 2015, 01:43 PM
I'm been trying to make up my mind about this game since I saw the matchup announced. Both teams have played well for stretches and not great at times. Should be close either way, so I'll defer to the home team. I'll say Grizz 27-Jacks 24

centennial
November 22nd, 2015, 01:44 PM
Watch out for the riverboat gambler called Stitt. Depending on his luck on 4th downs, he can be really hard to stop. BTW put TC in vs Lujan, and I think you have a solid chance.

Bisonator
November 22nd, 2015, 01:49 PM
Go Griz!:D

THE HERD
November 22nd, 2015, 01:49 PM
This one will be fun to watch!

veinup
November 22nd, 2015, 01:51 PM
Montana's offense has been hot the past two games with the return of Brady Gustafson at qb, putting up a gang of points on two pretty bad defenses. we'll see how hot the 'real' montana offense looks against a more stout defense. i think the edge goes to SDSU in this one.

that said .. the game is in missoula and AGS. GO GRIZ.

TheKingpin28
November 22nd, 2015, 01:55 PM
With Gustafson back, I'd be shocked to see MU lose at WaGriz

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 22nd, 2015, 01:57 PM
I'll take the 'Griz at home. This should be a really fun game.....

FCSwatcher
November 22nd, 2015, 01:57 PM
Montana's offense has been hot the past two games with the return of Brady Gustafson at qb, putting up a gang of points on two pretty bad defenses. we'll see how hot the 'real' montana offense looks against a more stout defense. i think the edge goes to SDSU in this one.

Spot on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PantherRob82
November 22nd, 2015, 02:00 PM
Both teams have been up and down a bit as of late. If the teams play like yesterday, I pick the Griz. A few weeks ago I would pick the Jacks.

mmiller_34
November 22nd, 2015, 03:16 PM

Eh. I don't know that or defense can be considered stout right now.

Twentysix
November 22nd, 2015, 03:18 PM
Montana wins this one, loses to NDSU.

BisonTru
November 22nd, 2015, 03:21 PM
I suppose I could look this up on that google thingy, but anybody know how Stitt fared historically in the DII playoffs?

centennial
November 22nd, 2015, 03:42 PM
I suppose I could look this up on that google thingy, but anybody know how Stitt fared historically in the DII playoffs?
2 losses in the 1st round, 1 in second round. History is against Montana, plus NDSU is 20-1 after bye weeks.

UNHWildcat18
November 22nd, 2015, 03:46 PM
I must admit If I root for a west FCS team its the Griz. I obviously don't pay attention to these teams as much as the actual fans so I cant really make a real prediction. Go Griz!

Schism55
November 22nd, 2015, 03:47 PM
Should be a great game. Toss up, give home team 3 point nod.
Both teams feel free to beat each other to a pulp :D

KPSUL
November 22nd, 2015, 03:48 PM
This game is Montana's punishment for getting San Diego in the 1st round 2014. Tough draw for both teams.

veinup
November 22nd, 2015, 03:58 PM
Eh. I don't know that or defense can be considered stout right now.

you probably know better than i do, i haven't watched much of the jacks this year .. i just look at your schedule, without doing any exact math i'm going to guess you're giving up an average of 17something ppg. i could be wrong but that's better than what the griz are used to facing. what would you say is weak about your D right now?

Jackal
November 22nd, 2015, 04:18 PM
you probably know better than i do, i haven't watched much of the jacks this year .. i just look at your schedule, without doing any exact math i'm going to guess you're giving up an average of 17something ppg. i could be wrong but that's better than what the griz are used to facing. what would you say is weak about your D right now?
IMO, the biggest problem for the Jacks defense is they are a horrible tackling team. They're also weak at getting pressure on the QB.

Grizzlies82
November 22nd, 2015, 05:02 PM
I think So Dakota St would be the favorite in this match up. On the other hand, playing in Missoula is helpful, and the Grizzlies being on a roll is important. Obviously I am picking Montana to win but I expect a close, hard fought, game. Likely that SDSU goes ahead by about 34 to 10 at half. Then in the second half UM roars back for a 62 to 48 win.

I've made my hotel reservations. I'll be the guy in the stands wearing some Griz gear (or my ski jacket depending upon the temperature). Jackrabbits, welcome back to Montana. Go Griz!

Gil Dobie
November 22nd, 2015, 05:06 PM
Both teams have been up and down a bit as of late. If the teams play like yesterday, I pick the Griz. A few weeks ago I would pick the Jacks.

Griz are up when Gustafson is healthy and down when he's out. He appears to be healthy. Montana with Gustafson, can be the surprise team of this years playoffs. Going to be a tough game for SDSU, at Wa Griz. Does anyone have any pictures of this stadium?

Professor Chaos
November 22nd, 2015, 05:17 PM
I think SDSU should win (they did pretty well in Montana St in the playoffs last year) but I wonder if there will be a hangover because they knew they blew a shot at a seed/bye and they may be looking ahead to once again having to go to their house of horrors in Fargo even if they win.

IBleedYellow
November 22nd, 2015, 05:21 PM
Montana wins this one, loses to NDSU.

Correct answer.

NDSU is 20-1 coming off of bye weeks since joining FCS.

- - - Updated - - -

2 losses in the 1st round, 1 in second round. History is against Montana, plus NDSU is 20-1 after bye weeks.

Beat me to it.

Silenoz
November 22nd, 2015, 05:26 PM
I think SDSU should win (they did pretty well in Montana St in the playoffs last year) but I wonder if there will be a hangover because they knew they blew a shot at a seed/bye and they may be looking ahead to once again having to go to their house of horrors in Fargo even if they win.

Everyone does well against Montana State in the playoffs

Grizcountry420
November 22nd, 2015, 05:41 PM
One thing I like about Montana right now is that they're healthy going into the playoffs and they're playing some good football right now.
It's definitely a tough road but you gotta play the best to be the best. I like our chances against SDSU..

Grizalltheway
November 22nd, 2015, 05:46 PM
Wonder if the Bears will let us borrow Mariani for this one...

Grizalltheway
November 22nd, 2015, 05:50 PM
IMO, the biggest problem for the Jacks defense is they are a horrible tackling team. They're also weak at getting pressure on the QB.

Well that doesn't bode well for them. If you give Gus time in the pocket he can shred defenses. Get pressure on him, though, and he can be forced into mistakes.

PantherRob82
November 22nd, 2015, 05:55 PM
Griz are up when Gustafson is healthy and down when he's out. He appears to be healthy. Montana with Gustafson, can be the surprise team of this years playoffs. Going to be a tough game for SDSU, at Wa Griz. Does anyone have any pictures of this stadium?

Is Wa-Griz loud?

Twentysix
November 22nd, 2015, 05:56 PM
Is Wa-Griz loud?

No.

Professor Chaos
November 22nd, 2015, 06:06 PM
Is Wa-Griz loud?
Only when it's cold...

No_Skill
November 22nd, 2015, 06:13 PM
Only when it's cold...

Is it cold this time of year?

Uncle Rico's Clan
November 22nd, 2015, 06:15 PM
Going to be a tough game for SDSU, at Wa Griz. Does anyone have any pictures of this stadium?

Unfortunately, no. We have tried to have someone climb Mt. sentinel to get a photo, or even have an aerial shot taken from a plane, but no such luck yet.

mmiller_34
November 22nd, 2015, 06:27 PM

Our D has seemed soft to me the past couple of weeks. Pass coverage especially.

PantherRob82
November 22nd, 2015, 06:36 PM
Is it cold this time of year?

Does anyone have a chart that relates how cold it is in Montana this time of year to how loud the stadium is that's overlaying a picture of the stadium?

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 22nd, 2015, 06:37 PM
With Gustufson playing, I give the Griz the edge. The SDSU defense is good and will be challenged by the Griz passing game.

veinup
November 22nd, 2015, 06:38 PM
Does anyone have a chart that relates how cold it is in Montana this time of year to how loud the stadium is that's overlaying a picture of the stadium?

hahahah

that would certainly be really helpful...

Silenoz
November 22nd, 2015, 06:42 PM

You're forgetting the Monte, #37, Griz Vision, Ghost of Mariani, buy-out, Mo, sky divers falling on your head, deafening cannon, crashing motorcycles on the field, and Bob Stitt factors:

http://cs.fabiostrozzi.eu/images/graph.jpg

Grizzlies82
November 22nd, 2015, 06:48 PM
South Dakota State may not have been playing their best lately but they have a darn good team. I expect this will be a very good game. The 2015 Grizzlies have been terribly inconsistent. Obviously injuries were a factor in that, but they don't explain it entirely. So this year we have had the "Good" Grizzlies and the "Bad" Grizzlies.

I hope, and believe, the "Good" Grizzly team shows up on Saturday. We will need them if we are going to have a chance to win.
This is my first chance to attend a game this year and am looking forward to seeing them play live. Go Griz!

Grizzlies82
November 22nd, 2015, 06:49 PM
By the way, if it is going to be cold & loud, should I bring ear muffs?

Silenoz
November 22nd, 2015, 06:54 PM
If the Good Grizzlies show up

Montana 38 SDSU 35 xlolx

If the bad ones show up or Gus gets hurt

Montana 21 SDSU 38

centennial
November 22nd, 2015, 07:09 PM
If the Good Grizzlies show up

Montana 38 SDSU 35 xlolx

If the bad ones show up or Gus gets hurt

Montana 21 SDSU 38
SDSU defense- SDSU will win if they can get Gustafson under pressure. They need some speed rushes, corner blitzes etc to confuse the Griz O line.
SDSU offense- TC needs to play. Explosive plays, and be able to establish the run.
Gustafson is the key to the game for the Griz.

veinup
November 22nd, 2015, 07:11 PM
john nguyen is the key

NoDak 4 Ever
November 22nd, 2015, 07:12 PM
I think for Stig's sake, Montana better win. I don't think his heart could take another loss in the Fargodome.

BisonTru
November 22nd, 2015, 07:35 PM
Not sure how this is going to end up, but I'm pulling for the bunnies. I don't want to see Stitt's offense again, plus his go for it on fourth crap.

veinup
November 22nd, 2015, 08:14 PM
http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo339/veinup/griz_zpsbihgxdgy.jpeg (http://s389.photobucket.com/user/veinup/media/griz_zpsbihgxdgy.jpeg.html)

a little research just turned this up .. bad news for the jacks

X-Factor
November 22nd, 2015, 08:24 PM
Anyone want to recap the last playoff matchup between SDSU and Grizz? ;)
Just curious for perspective :D

PantherRob82
November 22nd, 2015, 08:25 PM
You're forgetting the Monte, #37, Griz Vision, Ghost of Mariani, buy-out, Mo, sky divers falling on your head, deafening cannon, crashing motorcycles on the field, and Bob Stitt factors:

http://cs.fabiostrozzi.eu/images/graph.jpg

Do you have one that includes The Rhino and pepper burgers from Mo Club?

Jackal
November 22nd, 2015, 08:27 PM
Sure. The game ended up as a loss for SDSU just like it did for the bison when you played them earlier this season.

Grizalltheway
November 22nd, 2015, 08:37 PM

I'd be lying if I said I'll ever get tired of watching this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz_opg3JR3M

ming01
November 22nd, 2015, 08:46 PM
i would give my pick, but i have a pickem contest to win

X-Factor
November 22nd, 2015, 08:52 PM

Haha now we are talking. I was just trying to recall how many points SDSU was up. 41-14 and 48-27 start of 4th Q. UM scored 62 in that matchup. Now that is a meltdown :eek:

veinup
November 22nd, 2015, 09:07 PM

ah, memories. some of the greatest griz to ever wear the uniform played in that game.

BisonFan02
November 22nd, 2015, 09:19 PM
http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/yTG0R.gif

Peems
November 23rd, 2015, 01:06 AM

it's so funny to watch that now, because i just can't believe it, yet i distinctly remember that when the 4th quarter started you could sense something was shifting, and when we scored on the first play of the 4th, i think everyone in that stadium had faith. Also someone correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't mariani specifically go up to Hauck and tell him to put him in on the kick return?

mgbison
November 23rd, 2015, 05:12 AM
SDSU could benefit if you guys could put the current Mariani in the game right now. He's a punt returnerxthumbsupx fumbling machine these days with Chicago.

crossfire07
November 23rd, 2015, 05:22 AM
I hope to see the rabbits running away with this one :)

http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/Omg_9f8a83_621729.gif

LeeshaJo
November 23rd, 2015, 11:01 AM
[QUOTE=Grizalltheway;2291791]I'd be lying if I said I'll ever get tired of watching this.

/QUOTE]

VOLDEMORT!!!!! The game that shall not be mentioned ;)

mmiller_34
November 23rd, 2015, 11:04 AM
Those highlights burn my eyes. Took us 2 years to recover from that.

jacksfan29
November 23rd, 2015, 11:11 AM
Was it loud and cold when Coastal was out there for the playoffs? How about when Weber were out there this year?

We do know cold, were from South Dakota. We do know loud, we play in the Fargo Dome; lately we play there twice a year.

http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo339/veinup/griz_zpsbihgxdgy.jpeg (http://s389.photobucket.com/user/veinup/media/griz_zpsbihgxdgy.jpeg.html)

a little research just turned this up .. bad news for the jacks

LeeshaJo
November 23rd, 2015, 11:12 AM
Those highlights burn my eyes. Took us 2 years to recover from that.

Honestly, that was the lowest I EVER remember feeling as a Jacks fan. Bar NONE. Such a high in the can you believe this is happening... to, such a low in a Can you F(*&ing believe this s(*& is happening.

Grizalltheway
November 23rd, 2015, 11:16 AM
Was it loud and cold when Coastal was out there for the playoffs? How about when Weber were out there this year?

We do know cold, were from South Dakota. We do know loud, we play in the Fargo Dome; lately we play there twice a year.

It's a joke. You might wanna lurk more. ;)

Uncle Rico's Clan
November 23rd, 2015, 11:18 AM
Here's the 2009 game thread from the SDSU message board. It's long, but it's pure gold.

http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread.php?9153-Montana-game-thread&highlight=Montana+Grizzlies

CasualFan
November 23rd, 2015, 11:23 AM
Was it loud and cold when Coastal was out there for the playoffs?
My opinion: Coastal suckered Montana into playing tough guy with the cold. All our players and coaches talked about going from 70 to 0 all week long. How we weren't used to it, but they were. But our coaches did everything they could to get the team ready to play. The media thought it was funny that our guys had chicken soup during halftime to warm up. How some of our guys didn't even own winter coats and the university had to buy heavy coats. When I saw the Montana guys coming out in no sleeves to start the game, I laughed to myself. They took the cold weather and turned it into an advantage for us.

Grizalltheway
November 23rd, 2015, 11:41 AM
My opinion: Coastal suckered Montana into playing tough guy with the cold. All our players and coaches talked about going from 70 to 0 all week long. How we weren't used to it, but they were. But our coaches did everything they could to get the team ready to play. The media thought it was funny that our guys had chicken soup during halftime to warm up. How some of our guys didn't even own winter coats and the university had to buy heavy coats. When I saw the Montana guys coming out in no sleeves to start the game, I laughed to myself. They took the cold weather and turned it into an advantage for us.

Have to agree. You guys were also just an all-around better team than we were that year.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 23rd, 2015, 12:42 PM
Well that doesn't bode well for them. If you give Gus time in the pocket he can shred defenses. Get pressure on him, though, and he can be forced into mistakes.

SDSU may not find our Oline as tough to get through though as well.

jacksfan29
November 23rd, 2015, 12:42 PM
It's a joke. You might wanna lurk more. ;)

Who would be lurking? I do have a life; at over 8,000 posts not so sure the same can be said for you?

veinup
November 23rd, 2015, 12:55 PM
oh for ****s sake.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 23rd, 2015, 01:08 PM
Have to agree. You guys were also just an all-around better team than we were that year.

At the time the fairly young D had a way of giving up 21 pts. in bunches for some reason that year.

Silenoz
November 23rd, 2015, 01:15 PM
Who would be lurking? I do have a life; at over 8,000 posts not so sure the same can be said for you?

So you missed the ongoing AGS joke, and decided the best response to that was an attack? Nice.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 23rd, 2015, 01:30 PM
So you missed the ongoing AGS joke, and decided the best response to that was an attack? Nice.

Yeah, a whole lot of douchebaggery in that one so far. Ah well, it was a decent discussion for a while anyway.

F'N Hawks
November 23rd, 2015, 01:34 PM
How is SDSU's pass defense this year? The thing about Montana that I have seen is they throw it so quick that bringing pressures doesn't usually work. The front four need to get pressure by themselves.

BisonFan02
November 23rd, 2015, 01:34 PM

https://45.media.tumblr.com/03b92099dbb8bad53beaa81c7c5980c8/tumblr_mliiqdkm2O1rrnu5fo1_500.gif

BisonBacker
November 23rd, 2015, 01:43 PM

Two suggestions for ya.

http://memecrunch.com/meme/2IFOD/goosfraba/image.png

And this.

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Words+of+wisdom+say+it+with+me+goosfraba_2ee1aa_51 39721.png

Grizalltheway
November 23rd, 2015, 02:01 PM
How is SDSU's pass defense this year? The thing about Montana that I have seen is they throw it so quick that bringing pressures doesn't usually work. The front four need to get pressure by themselves.

Yeah, that's definitely been a nice change from the slow-developing pass plays of the Delaney years.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure, but you seem to be lacking a sense of humor, which is a hell of a way to go through life.

Bronco
November 23rd, 2015, 02:09 PM
-
Paper said today that Griz are 7-0 Vs SDSU
6 of those games played in Missoula

SDSU fans took the Griz rally hard last time

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/daily-morning-awesomeness-35-photos-253.jpg?w=600&h=924

Peems
November 23rd, 2015, 06:35 PM
I'm feeling high on the Griz right now, so my two cents are pretty useless. But as the season has gone on and now with Gus back, Jamal Jones is playing at an absolutely ridiculous level, and with Ellis across from him, I honestly do not believe there is a team in the FCS that can defend both of them. They are truly top flight talents and Jones is capable of going down as one of the/if not the best Griz WR ever. I know that is blasphemy for many reasons, but I have no idea how UW let him slip away. Obviously there are many other weaknesses the Griz have that can be exploited, our o-line is still shaky when it comes to the run game, pass blocking has improved, but I believe a lot of that has come because of Gus's comprehension of the offense.

according to http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fcs/current/team/695 SDSU has only given up a little over 2,000 pass yards and only 10 TDs. I understand a lot of that has to do with the conference you play in, but they will possess the best pass D we have seen all year. But I still like my boys!

SeattleGriz
November 23rd, 2015, 06:49 PM

No you don't. You don't know Washington Grizzly loud and cold.

Thumper 76
November 23rd, 2015, 07:46 PM
No you don't. You don't know Washington Grizzly loud and cold.

Pics or it didn't happen.

veinup
November 23rd, 2015, 07:57 PM
if you want to know washington grizzly cold and loud just consult my graph, it's all undeniably there in the data

mvemjsunpx
November 23rd, 2015, 08:12 PM

SDSU has really good efficiency D stats, but their pass rush stats are mediocre. That suggests their secondary is a lot better than their D-Line.

Bronco
November 23rd, 2015, 08:33 PM
I think this quote is from 2010...but not sure

South Dakota State QB Thomas O'Brien comments on playing at Nebraska last Saturday after their 17 - 3 loss in front of over 85,000 fans:

“Coming here, we thought this would be the loudest crowd we've ever faced,” quarterback Thomas O'Brien said. “But I'd say Montana was quite a bit louder.”

herd13
November 23rd, 2015, 08:33 PM
I'm going with Montana. I'd love to see them again this year but mostly I just don't wanna see SDSU for the 100x in Fargo.

MSUBobcat
November 23rd, 2015, 08:45 PM
I don't have time to read through 80 posts. Has anyone mentioned that Wa-Griz can be loud and cold this time of year? Something to consider....

PantherRob82
November 23rd, 2015, 08:49 PM
I don't have time to read through 80 posts. Has anyone mentioned that Wa-Griz can be loud and cold this time of year? Something to consider....

No, could you tell us more?

centennial
November 23rd, 2015, 08:51 PM
No, could you tell us more?
Exactly how loud, and how cold? Please MSUBobcat, we want to know.

SeattleGriz
November 23rd, 2015, 09:05 PM
Pics or it didn't happen.
I will have to look, but photos of Wa Griz are fairly elusive.

Thumper 76
November 23rd, 2015, 09:08 PM
I will have to look, but photos of Wa Griz are fairly elusive.

Right up there with Sasquatch and a chupacabra I hear.

PantherRob82
November 23rd, 2015, 09:09 PM
http://lolsnaps.com/upload_pic/Socold-68672.jpg

veinup
November 23rd, 2015, 09:17 PM
this thread xlolx

fencer24
November 23rd, 2015, 10:04 PM
Our D has seemed soft to me the past couple of weeks. Pass coverage especially.

Why do I get the feeling that there is going to be a commercial for snake oil coming next?xlolx

Bisonwinagn
November 23rd, 2015, 10:24 PM
I think this is the 3 straight road game for SDSU. It could start taking a toll especially playing in Montana. I'm picking 24-21 Montana. If SDSU does win they will be playing on fumes going to Fargo.

Thumper 76
November 23rd, 2015, 10:29 PM
I think this is the 3 straight road game for SDSU. It could start taking a toll especially playing in Montana. I'm picking 24-21 Montana. If SDSU does win they will be playing on fumes going to Fargo.

Already are on fumes I think. The two QB thing was working until the coaches changed how they were doing it in the last two games, and the defense is not what it was during the ISUR game. Our O line will be shredded by their D ends, meaning we will naturally opt for the less mobile Lujan. I expect Weineke to be neutralized by the pressure up front and our D to get torched by big plays.

F'N Hawks
November 23rd, 2015, 10:40 PM
Already are on fumes I think. The two QB thing was working until the coaches changed how they were doing it in the last two games, and the defense is not what it was during the ISUR game. Our O line will be shredded by their D ends, meaning we will naturally opt for the less mobile Lujan. I expect Weineke to be neutralized by the pressure up front and our D to get torched by big plays.

That is some top choice, grade A bagging there. Quality!

ursus arctos horribilis
November 23rd, 2015, 11:37 PM

Same thought. xlolx

RowdyRabbit
November 24th, 2015, 06:37 AM

I don`t think we`ve ever played Montana in the playoffs...if we have, I`ve blocked it from my memory!

mmiller_34
November 24th, 2015, 08:32 AM
I don`t think we`ve ever played Montana in the playoffs...if we have, I`ve blocked it from my memory!

Yah. I can't even remember what their stadium looks like. Anyone have any pictures?

BisonFan02
November 24th, 2015, 08:34 AM

http://www.gifwave.com/media/15221_clapping-clap-crying-applause-applause.gif

- - - Updated - - -

Yah. I can't even remember what their stadium looks like. Anyone have any pictures?

nope

UNIFanSince1983
November 24th, 2015, 08:37 AM

Well since you asked ;)

http://images.fineartamerica.com/images/artworkimages/mediumlarge/1/montana-washington-grizzly-stadium-university-of-montana.jpg

herd13
November 24th, 2015, 08:47 AM
I suppose that looks like a decent stadium...I guess...

BisonBacker
November 24th, 2015, 08:49 AM
I suppose that looks like a decent stadium...I guess...

I think it's been photoshopped xlolx

PantherRob82
November 24th, 2015, 10:12 AM
Well since you asked ;)

http://images.fineartamerica.com/images/artworkimages/mediumlarge/1/montana-washington-grizzly-stadium-university-of-montana.jpg

That stadium looks pretty warm

Professor Chaos
November 24th, 2015, 10:58 AM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-xorxFKfD4VY/UaVr6XtcA2I/AAAAAAAAEFk/UiVoP5ctlGg/s400/stock-footage-thick-smoke-on-black-background.jpg

Thumper 76
November 24th, 2015, 11:50 AM

Or honesty. I'm very worried about our pass protection. We give up a lot of sacks. And our D hasn't played like they were the majority of the season in the last two games. Add to it the last two games the Jacks started turning the ball over a lot, I'm pretty concerned.

veinup
November 24th, 2015, 11:52 AM
Or honesty. I'm very worried about our pass protection. We give up a lot of sacks. And our D hasn't played like they were the majority of the season in the last two games. Add to it the last two games the Jacks started turning the ball over a lot, I'm pretty concerned.

just have three guys blocking Tyrone Holmes and you'll be fine.

Uncle Rico's Clan
November 24th, 2015, 11:53 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-xorxFKfD4VY/UaVr6XtcA2I/AAAAAAAAEFk/UiVoP5ctlGg/s400/stock-footage-thick-smoke-on-black-background.jpg

That issue has been resolved.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 24th, 2015, 11:56 AM
That issue has been resolved.

That was smoke from the cannon firing dude.

Professor Chaos
November 24th, 2015, 11:57 AM
Haha! Touche salesman.

BisonFan02
November 24th, 2015, 11:57 AM

Oh....don't worry....the Bison will be making PLENTY of firework smoke inside the dome ala Missouri State....yeah, that's what I thought...WHAT?!?! :D

ursus arctos horribilis
November 24th, 2015, 11:59 AM

Thump, if it's any consolation I too have deep concerns about the matchup for nearly identical reasons to what you have here.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 24th, 2015, 12:03 PM
Question is will Stig rotate QBs?

Seems like if Lujan is in a groove, he really can carve up a defense. I haven't watched the FR QB this year but in highlights he looks like a good run/pass threat.

Grizalltheway
November 24th, 2015, 12:06 PM
just have three guys blocking Tyrone Holmes and you'll be fine.

Yeah, that definitely worked for ISU...

Theee Catrabbit
November 24th, 2015, 04:32 PM
I think this quote is from 2010...but not sure

South Dakota State QB Thomas O'Brien comments on playing at Nebraska last Saturday after their 17 - 3 loss in front of over 85,000 fans:

“Coming here, we thought this would be the loudest crowd we've ever faced,” quarterback Thomas O'Brien said. “But I'd say Montana was quite a bit louder.”

You are also talking about a guy who quit the team so he could go smoke weed all day.....so there's that......

RowdyRabbit
November 24th, 2015, 04:42 PM

All that, plus the smack in the face sunday morning when they learned just how devastating the loss to WIU really was.

Part of me hopes it pissed them off and they come out bangin' on all cylinders....the other part of me thinks they're gonna be drained and get drilled NDSU (oct 3) style.

Keep in mind though, I was just as nervous last year when they went to Montana St in round 1....basically I have no clue what's going to happen.

BisonTru
November 24th, 2015, 05:13 PM
Having traveled out to Montana, it's definitely loud and I think you can bring in a blow horn if you would like. They do give you a break in the third quarter since most of them are still re-establishing their buzz in the lots.

With that being said "how loud" doesn't really matter that much. If a crowd gets loud enough teams have to use silent signs and snaps, they're effective. Some teams are bothered by it, most have been coached up, and it doesn't affect much.

Silenoz
November 24th, 2015, 05:16 PM
Little known fact: our first round playoff games = not loud, at all

Thumper 76
November 24th, 2015, 05:18 PM
All that, plus the smack in the face sunday morning when they learned just how devastating the loss to WIU really was.

Part of me hopes it pissed them off and they come out bangin' on all cylinders....the other part of me thinks they're gonna be drained and get drilled NDSU (oct 3) style.

Keep in mind though, I was just as nervous last year when they went to Montana St in round 1....basically I have no clue what's going to happen.

This too. Hopefully we come out angry, but more likely we end up coming out tight like we normally do for big games.

srgrizizen
November 24th, 2015, 05:55 PM

Sorry, they don't exist. xlolxxlolx

No_Skill
November 24th, 2015, 06:06 PM
Well since you asked ;)

What's with that big pile of snow in the background?

THE DANIMAL
November 24th, 2015, 06:06 PM
https://twitter.com/UMGRIZZLIES_FB/status/669284483921653761

Don't look like the Griz are getting much practicing in this afternoon. xeyebrowx

srgrizizen
November 24th, 2015, 06:18 PM
Haha now we are talking. I was just trying to recall how many points SDSU was up. 41-14 and 48-27 start of 4th Q. UM scored 62 in that matchup. Now that is a meltdown :eek:

No video available that I know of, but in 1993 sophomore Dave Dickenson played in his first game for UM in which the Griz scored something like 39 points in the 4th quarter to win 52-48. (I know, I know, most people on this board probably weren't even born yet.) So I predict 52-48 Griz again, after being down 48 - 7 to start the 4th quarter. It's what we do against SDSU. :)

SeattleGriz
November 24th, 2015, 06:19 PM
What's with that big pile of snow in the background?
They had to put the snow that filled the stadium somewhere!

mmiller_34
November 24th, 2015, 06:22 PM

Don't look like the Griz are getting much practicing in this afternoon. xeyebrowx

It's okay they won't need much.

A question was asked earlier who will play QB for the Jacks. -- Not sure but it will probably be the second quarter before we have the right one in and by then Montana will have torched our secondary so much it won't matter. We might come blazing with the flash package in the second quarter and go backwards.

X-Factor
November 24th, 2015, 06:25 PM
No video available that I know of, but in 1993 sophomore Dave Dickenson played in his first game for UM in which the Griz scored something like 39 points in the 4th quarter to win 52-48. (I know, I know, most people on this board probably weren't even born yet.) So I predict 52-48 Griz again, after being down 48 - 7 to start the 4th quarter. It's what we do against SDSU. :)
There was a Northwestern game (B10) a few years ago that went very similar to that score. I'll have to look it up.

I think the matchup this weekend is going to have a lot of points on the board. I'll pick the over, whatever it happens to be.

Thumper 76
November 24th, 2015, 06:37 PM
It's okay they won't need much.

A question was asked earlier who will play QB for the Jacks. -- Not sure but it will probably be the second quarter before we have the right one in and by then Montana will have torched our secondary so much it won't matter. We might come blazing with the flash package in the second quarter and go backwards.

^^^^^see, this is correct

MR. CHICKEN
November 24th, 2015, 06:40 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21880&stc=1.....VS.........http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21881&stc=1........BRAWK!

ursus arctos horribilis
November 24th, 2015, 08:23 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21880&stc=1.....VS.........http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21881&stc=1........BRAWK!

I DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS THAT KIND OF PARTY!!

http://dailypicksandflicks.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/does-it-bother-you-when-your-fur-is-dirty-with-poo.jpg

herd13
November 24th, 2015, 10:25 PM
Line is -3 SDSU on 5dimes. I'll be taking Montana and the points...

FCSwatcher
November 25th, 2015, 03:25 AM

I will take that action for $100, who are we going to post with?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BisonFan02
November 25th, 2015, 08:06 AM

I will take that action for $100, who are we going to post with?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AGS WAGERS!!!!! :D

Professor Chaos
November 25th, 2015, 08:37 AM
AGS WAGERS!!!!! :D
But we're gonna need some cops if it's gonna be legit.

BisonFan02
November 25th, 2015, 08:41 AM
But we're gonna need some cops if it's gonna be legit.

no cops...or lunch.

Bisonator
November 25th, 2015, 09:25 AM

You guys call that a blizzard? xlolx

Grizalltheway
November 25th, 2015, 09:30 AM
You guys call that a blizzard? xlolx

Some intern from California probably.

CappinHard
November 25th, 2015, 09:31 AM

The better bet is probably Over 49 points. I made some money on SDSU spreads this year, but this one just looks to be too unpredictable. However, the one thing I know is that points will be scored in bunches. You can thank me later.

Peems
November 25th, 2015, 11:08 AM
It's no blizzard in Missoula, but they did only call for emergency travel from yesterday to early this AM. Didn't even look that bad. we got about 7.5 inches where i'm located.

jacksfan29
November 25th, 2015, 11:52 AM

Saw where a lot the EGRIZ folks thought this was a top 10 win for the Griz. You do know that we were D2 at the time?

Thumper 76
November 25th, 2015, 11:54 AM

Ya know, I always forget why I hate you guys, then this **** get brought back up. xlolx

catbob
November 25th, 2015, 12:20 PM
Just don't go near UMs punter.

Grizalltheway
November 25th, 2015, 12:28 PM
Just don't go near UMs punter.

Yeah, that's totally why you lost.xlolx

http://www.derekhaines.ch/vandal/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/sourgrapes.jpg

But it is apparently okay for two players to hit our QB after he's already gone into a slide.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 25th, 2015, 12:58 PM
Saw where a lot the EGRIZ folks thought this was a top 10 win for the Griz. You do know that we were D2 at the time?

Yeah I'm sure many know it. I was there and it was a damn good win because it felt so crappy being down like that to a d2 which was pretty good but all the same shouldn't have been down. We were not very good at the time. We would have a good season every few years and so forth but Montana then had not been a consistent thing. There was probably around 10 to 12K in the stands. No NEZ, No SEZ, No additions at all. It was the birth of Dave Dickenson as a Grizzly, the start of the legend. It was the birth of what Grizzly football is today.

There are a lot of reasons that the game could be ranked as a huge one for us.

Silenoz
November 25th, 2015, 12:59 PM
I dunno, the win over CWU was pretty big too. Ditto the 2009 Idaho State game. You can still have exciting finishes against DII and/or ****ty teams

ursus arctos horribilis
November 25th, 2015, 01:21 PM
I dunno, the win over CWU was pretty big too. Ditto the 2009 Idaho State game. You can still have exciting finishes against DII and/or ****ty teams

Yeah, you save face. You take something that could have been real bad and correct it. Eliminating an embarrassment like that has it's own real good feeling to it.

catbob
November 25th, 2015, 02:59 PM
Not saying it was the reason we lost, just more a word of advice to SDSU. Stitt isn't above having players fake injuries.

Silenoz
November 25th, 2015, 03:03 PM
Yes, if you get in the vicinity of our punter he'll take a dive, just like every punter

https://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/miami-punter-flop.gifhttp://s3.amazonaws.com/br-cdn/temp_images/2013/11/02/penn-state-punter-is-a-good-actor.gifhttps://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5787/21766140680_d0baefb4c7_o.gif

catbob
November 25th, 2015, 03:07 PM
Weird none of those gifs show a punter falling down writhing around in pain, then being helped off by two teammates. There is a line between trying to get the call, and orchestrating a fake injury play. That's what it was, a designed play.

Silenoz
November 25th, 2015, 03:11 PM
What a leap. In that case Rob Ash and Kane Iaone are scumbags for the designed play of "if the gimpy Gus scrambles and slides, take his head off"

Grizalltheway
November 25th, 2015, 03:12 PM
Weird none of those gifs show a punter falling down writhing around in pain, then being helped off by two teammates. There is a line between trying to get the call, and orchestrating a fake injury play. That's what it was, a designed play.

Let me guess, you got this totally verifiable information from a Bobcatnation insider?

Silenoz
November 25th, 2015, 03:14 PM
Let me guess, you got this totally verifiable information from a Bobcatnation insider?

Word on that street is we stole their signals, their helmets didn't fit right, and we put icy hot in their jocks. Also we played in November, which is totally unethical.

catbob
November 25th, 2015, 03:14 PM
What a leap. In that case Rob Ash is a scumbag for his designed play of "if the gimpy Gus scrambles and slides, take his head off"

I will admit it was a cheap shot on Gus. I haven't heard a single Griz fan say it was a cheap play by Lider. I just find that interesting, the universal support for it.

Not many outside the UM fanbase would approve of it, that is a fact. Here is an example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMUtVRKdZnc

Read the comments. This is no different than what Lider did, except Lider wasn't stupid enough to celebrate his acting job.

Silenoz
November 25th, 2015, 03:16 PM
Of course it was a cheap play. It's as stupid as the flopping in soccer or basketball. But it's a part of the game for better or worse. And the last thing I'm going to do is waste my time reading youtube comments. I value my brain cells

Silenoz
November 25th, 2015, 03:20 PM
In fact my comments to the Cat fans around me during the game after both teams were flagged for this:

"Just get rid of these penalties. Make the punter fair game. If he isn't quick enough to get the kick off, or you can't block effectively enough, let him get blown up."

catbob
November 25th, 2015, 03:24 PM
I think there should be a penalty in football for it. There is in high school, an attempt to deceive, which is a personal foul on the head coach. Not sure about college.

At least it would make them think twice about it, because they could cost their team yards instead of having no ramification at all.

Sorry for derailing, believe it or not it wasn't my intent.

I was at the last SDSU/UM game in Missoula, I won't be there to "bad luck guy" SDSU this time. :)

mmiller_34
November 25th, 2015, 04:52 PM
Also we played in November, which is totally unethical.

How dare you.

mmiller_34
November 25th, 2015, 05:55 PM

Great point here. We need to stop talking about the game. Our video board is better than your video board. Book it.

Also, Casey's breakfast pizza. Boom.

Bison56
November 25th, 2015, 05:59 PM
Great point here. We need to stop talking about the game. Our video board is better than your video board. Book it.

Also, Casey's breakfast pizza. Boom.

Winner

Peems
November 28th, 2015, 09:34 AM
Gameday, GO GRIZ, en route to Missoula soon. Mid 20's round kickoff, but sunny