View Full Version : Playoff ??

Brad82
November 22nd, 2015, 11:19 AM
1. State of SC got three teams in. How many HS schools play FB in S. Carolina?
2. How good are:
A. UNH
B. Colgate
C. Duquense
D. Dayton

Any good or cannon fodder?

Terry2889
November 22nd, 2015, 11:21 AM
UNH could conceivably advance to the quarters or semifinals given the bracket that they are in. They are definitely not the kind of cannon fodder that you would want to catch on the wrong day. Just ask Richmond.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 22nd, 2015, 11:21 AM
UNH had a ton of new faces to start the year. They improved quite a bit over the season. Pedigree counts...

Colgate has 7 D1 wins, played a damn good schedule (Navy, UNH, Princeton, Yale in OOC) and also improved as the season went on.

Duquesne was my pick to win the NEC before the year. They have a legit talent but lack depth.

Dayton...well....xeyebrowx

DetroitFlyer
November 22nd, 2015, 11:24 AM
You mean 10 FCS win Dayton who holds a win over Duquesne. ..

Bison56
November 22nd, 2015, 11:25 AM

xlolx

Nickels
November 22nd, 2015, 11:28 AM
LOL. Yes, that one.

Brad82
November 22nd, 2015, 11:40 AM
Great feedback.
S.Carolina has 199 schools that play HS FB. (not many)

NY Crusader 2010
November 22nd, 2015, 11:43 AM
What happened to no rematches in the first round?

taper
November 22nd, 2015, 12:09 PM
What happened to no rematches in the first round?

Only conference games aren't replayed. Regionalization sucks.

Catsfan90
November 22nd, 2015, 12:30 PM
Don't let them talk down about this. Everyone is scared of the heavy potential for Dayton to run the table all the way to Frisco.

KPSUL
November 22nd, 2015, 01:50 PM
Is this the remedial, or kid's table, thread?

BucBisonAtLarge
November 22nd, 2015, 02:07 PM
Dayton-Duquesne is a developing rivalry game, for those that have not noticed, played annually for the last eight years. The Flyers have won it three times. So yes, Dayton has a win over another tournament team this year. Are they going to beat WIU? Nah, I don't think so.

On Colgate-- I recall looking up after their loss to Princeton, then 2-4 but with a conference win, and thinking "no way". They have played their way to this point, in make-or-break encounters with both Fordham and Lehigh. They had the benefit of playing both games at home, but they snuck up on no one.

The annoyance with conference champions' inclusion seems misplaced to me. The breadth of the subdivision, including the number of auto-bids, determines the size of the field. These are D1 schools who play football. Each conference reflects values and choices made by those institutions. Conferences get bids. The difference between a 16/20 and a 24-team tournament is 4/8 games this weekend-- 4/8 more schools get to host an NCAA tournament game. Seeded teams get byes, then a home game. An 11-game season makes at-large selection more art than science anyway. I am looking forward to next weekend.