PDA

View Full Version : Playoffs 'Til I Die: Final 2015 Playoff Projection

Lehigh Football Nation
November 22nd, 2015, 12:47 AM
http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/ncaa-division-i-sports/fcs-football/987-playoffs-till-i-die-projecting-the-2015-fcs-playoff-field

My projection on the FCS playoff bracket.

Highlights:

NDSU #1, Jacksonville State #2
7-4 Central Arkansas out, 7-4 UNH in

ST_Lawson
November 22nd, 2015, 01:01 AM
I don't really have a problem with you leaving us out of your final bracket...plenty of people did and are predicting that we won't make it in (myself included), but to have in your "teams in the running for bubble spots" list a 6-4 Western Carolina, but completely leave out 6-5 Western Illinois....well now that's just insulting.

Grizzlies82
November 22nd, 2015, 01:26 AM
http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/ncaa-division-i-sports/fcs-football/987-playoffs-till-i-die-projecting-the-2015-fcs-playoff-field

My projection on the FCS playoff bracket.

Highlights:

NDSU #1, Jacksonville State #2
7-4 Central Arkansas out, 7-4 UNH in

I suspect you nailed it on naming the 24 teams in, and in which teams will get seeds (no longer sure about So Dakota St). However, I doubt the sequence of your seeds is anywhere near what is revealed tomorrow. An undefeated McNeese is more apt to be seeded #1 than the two loss No Dakota State is. Traditionally the committee rewards going undefeated. So let's just say I'll be shocked if they are seeded at #7.

MTfan4life
November 22nd, 2015, 03:03 AM
I suspect you nailed it on naming the 24 teams in, and in which teams will get seeds (no longer sure about So Dakota St). However, I doubt the sequence of your seeds is anywhere near what is revealed tomorrow. An undefeated McNeese is more apt to be seeded #1 than the two loss No Dakota State is. Traditionally the committee rewards going undefeated. So let's just say I'll be shocked if they are seeded at #7.

This. Wasn't Hampton a seed when they went undefeated? That was back when there were just 4 seeds, too.

Edit, yes, they were. They were the 3 seed. They eventually got throttled by Richmond in the first round, but they still had the 3 seed. Even though they were way low in all the computer rankings (15 in Massey, for example), both the coaches and media poll had them at #2 and they were given a high seed. (Also, AGS had them at 4, come on guys!! xsmhx )

RootinFerDukes
November 22nd, 2015, 04:24 AM
JMU and csu at 4/5? I suspect there are some ticked off itsy bitsy spiders posting any hour now.
We're both seeded way too high.

Sammy94
November 22nd, 2015, 05:23 AM
I would be Ronda Rousey shocked if Sam travels next week.

WileECoyote06
November 22nd, 2015, 06:21 AM
I've been pondering the CSU seed all evening, and I like that you predict them to be boosted up to 5, unlike most who are predicting them to be around 7 or 8. Regardless of conference or schedule, they are undefeated against FCS; and own wins over playoff-level teams. I'm pretty sure the committee will reward them for that success.

Western Illinois's #1 over all SOS, and wins over UNI and SDSU makes a difficult decision for the committee. If there is any year, where they should go outside of the norm this is it.

http://stats.ncaa.org/rankings?sport_code=MFB&division=11#

Also, by their calculations, BCU has the 19th toughest schedule. xcoffeexxeyebrowx

MR. CHICKEN
November 22nd, 2015, 07:21 AM

......ANNOUNCERS DURIN'...MCNEESE/LAMAR GAME......SAID ....COWBOYS....ARE #2 SEED..................FIRE BRAWK! xwavex

TheEagleSHSU
November 22nd, 2015, 07:33 AM
SHSU will be paired with McNeese due to regionalization.

MR. CHICKEN
November 22nd, 2015, 07:38 AM

.....AN'....KEELER.......GETS REVENGE........xcoolx...........BUK...BUK...BUK... BRAWK!!

RabidRabbit
November 22nd, 2015, 08:42 AM
Likewise, eiu/uni winner is getting fed to IL St. too blatant an opportunity to regionalize.

SpiderJPO
November 22nd, 2015, 08:48 AM
UR not getting a seed over Jmu would be a joke. Spiders went into their house on the biggest home regular season game in their program's history and beat them when they had their All American QB still playing. Lots of big school bias on this board!

RootinFerDukes
November 22nd, 2015, 08:56 AM

Join the party. Everyone gets regionalized. It's the biggest BS about the Fcs playoffs.

RootinFerDukes
November 22nd, 2015, 08:59 AM
UR not getting a seed over Jmu would be a joke. Spiders went into their house on the biggest home regular season game in their program's history and beat them when they had their All American QB still playing. Lots of big school bias on this board!

Fbs win, no bad losses, 9-2 and CAA tie for first.
Ur lost their fbs (yes I know md is better than smu), they lost to non-playoff VU and probable playoff team unh. A good loss and an okay loss.
If you look at the entire body of work, JMU has more of an argument for a seed.
Ps our backup QB was in for most of 4th quarter, don't act like you played Vad for all 4 quarters.

bostonspider
November 22nd, 2015, 09:06 AM
But UR beat W&M and JMU, who in the CAA did JMU beat that is comparable... Richmond played the other 4 top CAA schools, 3 of them on the road, and went 2-2.

Gangtackle11
November 22nd, 2015, 09:10 AM
I have to agree with you. The only reason JMU doesn't have 3 losses is they choose their FBS opponent wisely.

Richmond beat JMU and W&M.

That's enough for me. Good luck to all CAA teams.

SENOREIDA
November 22nd, 2015, 09:18 AM
I don't think a 2 loss Coastal team is going on the road to Charleston

Lehigh Football Nation
November 22nd, 2015, 09:20 AM
You guys are forgetting that technically JMU, Richmond, and W&M are considered tri-champions, and JMU has the better OOC record, technically. That SMU win will also have a lot of pull in the smoke-filled room.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think a 2 loss Coastal team is going on the road to Charleston

They will if their bid is lower than The Citadel's.

MacThor
November 22nd, 2015, 09:42 AM
Ps our backup QB was in for most of 4th quarter, don't act like you played Vad for all 4 quarters.

He scored TDs on both of his drives. UR at least stopped Vad a couple times.

seattlespider
November 22nd, 2015, 11:08 AM
Well, of the seeds, you got Portland State right....xthumbsupx

RootinFerDukes
November 22nd, 2015, 12:23 PM
I hate to say it, but... I told you so. They've shown time and time again that the ENTIRE season is looked at for seeding. I agree that that is how it should be done.

SpiderJPO
November 22nd, 2015, 03:02 PM
I don't mind saying this. Competitive sports like football are settled on the field. JMU is the 3rd best FCS team in VA and got physically man-handled by Richmond in their own house.