PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Madness 2015

mmiller_34
November 21st, 2015, 09:28 PM
PLet it begin. My Take. The seeds, then the rest, in no particular order. I have no idea on the last three in.

#1. Jacksonville State (OVC Auto)
#2. North Dakota State (MVFC Auto)
#3. McNeese State (Southland Auto)
#4. Illinois State (MVFC At-Large)
#5. James Madison (CAA At-Large)
#6. Portland State (Big Sky At-Large)
#7. Charleston South (Big South Auto)
#8. The Citadel (SoCon At-Large)

9. Dayton (Pioneer Auto)
10. Chattanooga (SoCon Auto)
11. Southern Utah (Big Sky Auto)
12. Richmond (CAA Auto)
13. Duquesne (NEC Auto)
14. Colgate (Patriot Auto)
15. Coastal Carolina (Big South At-Large)
16. Fordham (Patriot At-Large)
17. William & Mary (CAA At-Large)
18. South Dakota State (MVFC At-Large)
19. Northern Iowa (MVFC At-Large)
20. Montana (Big Sky At-Large)
21. North Dakota (Big Sky At-Large) (Pending. Up 28-0 at half)
22. New Hampshire (CAA At-Large)
23. Sam Houston State (Southland At-Large)
24. Eastern Illinois (OVC At-Large)

.................................................. .................................................. ...........................

Left out:

9-2
Bethune-Cookman
NC A&T

7-4
UT Martin
Western Carolina
Central Arkansas
Northern Arizona
Towson

6-5
Western Illinois

TheEagleSHSU
November 21st, 2015, 09:42 PM
Richmond is in CAA

SHSU is 8-3 and will be at large for sure.

mmiller_34
November 21st, 2015, 09:57 PM
Richmond is in CAA

SHSU is 8-3 and will be at large for sure.

Right. Thank you for catching that. I was copy and pasting all over the place, stuff got mixed up.

TheKingpin28
November 21st, 2015, 10:00 PM
That thumping NDSU laid on WIU is such a glaring mark on their résumé, but no one in the last 3 in, has a better résumé. Unfortunately, the committee will act like the coaches/Stats poll, and see the 5 losses and toss them out. Too bad, since that win I believe would help them get past the 2nd round as I could see them matched against Dayton since they are only 377 miles away, which means a bus trip for either school.

leatherneck177
November 21st, 2015, 10:23 PM
Western win over SDSU might help them in those polls. It should at least get them in the 19-25 range.

jmufan999
November 21st, 2015, 10:25 PM
That thumping NDSU laid on WIU is such a glaring mark on their résumé, but no one in the last 3 in, has a better résumé. Unfortunately, the committee will act like the coaches/Stats poll, and see the 5 losses and toss them out. Too bad, since that win I believe would help them get past the 2nd round as I could see them matched against Dayton since they are only 377 miles away, which means a bus trip for either school.

i think you're underestimating how much time they spend on this. you seriously think they're going to look at 5 losses and look no further? that's it, 5 losses and you're immediately out no matter what? they do much, much, much more research than you give credit for.

mvemjsunpx
November 21st, 2015, 10:46 PM
You have EIU both in and out.

Otherwise, this looks pretty good. BCU or UTM or maybe even NAU could get in ahead of UNH or EIU (UTM wouldn't beat out EIU, of course), but all of those teams are so marginal they can't legitimately complain if they get left out.