PDA

View Full Version : Drake taking Dayton to the woodshed

PantherRob82
November 21st, 2015, 02:05 PM
21-0 in the first half. Apparently Dayton hates snow? xconfusedx

Schism55
November 21st, 2015, 02:18 PM
Odds Dayton wins a playoff game? +3500? Drake is terribad.

PantherRob82
November 21st, 2015, 02:31 PM
Odds Dayton wins a playoff game? +3500? Drake is terribad.

Depends on the matchup. Who knows what is going on in Des Moines.

Model Citizen
November 21st, 2015, 02:44 PM
Drake's players are physically small for FCS. They've managed to play about three games this year without major portions of their lineup out with injuries: North Dakota, JU, and Dayton...all good games for Drake.

The Bulldogs would be very impressive if they could take a month in between games to heal. This is why they don't play in the MVFC.

mvemjsunpx
November 21st, 2015, 03:00 PM
Dayton losing here doesn't shock me. Drake is undefeated at home and Dayton had nothing to play for.

DetroitFlyer
November 21st, 2015, 03:45 PM
Drake played well, the Flyers were flat. Not exactly the best way to enter the playoffs. Drake absolutely wanted it more today, congrats to the Bulldogs!

PantherRob82
November 21st, 2015, 03:51 PM
Drake played well, the Flyers were flat. Not exactly the best way to enter the playoffs. Drake absolutely wanted it more today, congrats to the Bulldogs!

Too bad really. An undefeated regular season may have been nice.

bonarae
November 21st, 2015, 04:08 PM
Too bad really. An undefeated regular season may have been nice.

Yeah, I agree. I think the same should've gone for Harvard as well... but last week Penn did the same to us.

Gate83
November 21st, 2015, 04:18 PM
Just back from Colgate/Bucknell where I met a mom who has a senior on the Dayton team and a sophomore on the Colgate team. She was a very nice lady with two boys who won't be home for Thanksgiving as they have more important things to do. Hoping they both do well moving forward!

Model Citizen
November 21st, 2015, 04:39 PM
Dayton will try to improve on the 1-0 record they have this year against teams in the 2015 playoff field.

X-Factor
November 21st, 2015, 05:10 PM
Serious question. Is there a GOOD way for Dayton to enter the playoffs? You in that's all that matters

smallcollegefbfan
November 21st, 2015, 06:14 PM
Good game for Drake. And to think I caught hell for saying Dayton should not be ranked and talking about how they have to sweep the PFL and win big for me to just consider them. Now they will have to win 2 playoff games for me to consider them in my rankings. I had them around 39 this week. I try to rank the top 40 for my personal vote and will have them at 40 simply because they are in the playoffs but this certainly did not look like a team that should do damage. Big win for Drake!

Go...gate
November 21st, 2015, 06:48 PM
Any chance Dayton travels to Hamilton, NY in the First Round?

DetroitFlyer
November 21st, 2015, 07:22 PM
Always nice to hear from smallmindedcollegefbfan....

PantherRob82
November 21st, 2015, 08:36 PM
Always nice to hear from smallmindedcollegefbfan....

Because Top 40 teams lose to Drake?

UNI Pike
November 21st, 2015, 09:34 PM
D+ > DF

DetroitFlyer
November 22nd, 2015, 11:08 AM
Unranked Dayton will HOST unranked Western Illinois at Welcome Stadium in the first round of the FCS playoffs!!

clenz
November 22nd, 2015, 11:22 AM
Rumor has it WIU didn't bid. Didn't think they'd get in and of they did they wouldn't draw enough to even break even with a minimum bid

DetroitFlyer
November 22nd, 2015, 11:42 AM
I thought Dayton might be motivated in bidding. I doubt we break even, but all things considered it worked out well for the Flyers.

ST_Lawson
November 22nd, 2015, 02:36 PM
Rumor has it WIU didn't bid. Didn't think they'd get in and of they did they wouldn't draw enough to even break even with a minimum bid

This wouldn't surprise me in the least.

leatherneck177
November 22nd, 2015, 03:00 PM

With the way the state budget is these days I am not surprised at all. I'm not sure that we didn't bid because we didn't think we would get in though.