PDA

View Full Version : Mr. C's Final Weekend Game Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 11:02 AM
On the final Saturday of the regular Football Championship Subdivision season, you kind of wish there was something like NFL Red Zone for FCS. Rather than being in a press box covering a game, or games, live today, I am trying an experiment for following all of the action today, with a bank of computers at my fingertips to stream as many games as possible. Feel free to comment on the action and to give updates on other important games as the day and evening progresses. I would love to see fans tell me their thoughts on who will make the 24-team playoff tournament as we follow the winners and losers as well. Also feel free to post links to any games that you may be streaming.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 11:07 AM
It is almost time for kickoff. Just noticed that The Citadel at South Carolina is blacked out on my computer, so that is a bummer. But I will be watching the 151st meeting of Lafayette and Lehigh in a few minutes, a rivalry I have witnessed in person several times in the past. Bet the wine an cheese is flowing freely outside of Goodman Stadium today. It is one of the more unique tailgating atmospheres I have experienced. If anyone has links to the CAA contests today, please pass them along.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 11:09 AM
It didn't take long for James Madison to get the jump on Villanova at home as Ravenel returned the opening kickoff 98 yards for a TD. JMU 7-0.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 11:13 AM
I think JMU is probably in the field win or lose today. Villanova needs a win and some other favorable results.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 11:15 AM
Another early score puts The Citadel on top of South Carolina, 7-0. It took two plays as Cam Jackson raced 59 yards on second down for the TD.

Nodak78
November 21st, 2015, 11:16 AM
I think JMU is probably in the field win or lose today. Villanova needs a win and some other favorable results.

Nova just tied it up 7-7

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 11:16 AM
The Citadel obviously is in with a victory that would make the Bulldogs 8-3, but still might get in as the Southern Conference's second-best team with a strong performance in a loss.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 11:19 AM
That is huge for the Wildcats to come right back. VU has struggled offensively since losing QB and defending Walter Payton Award winner John Robertson. Great defense, but not a lot of offensive playmakers without Robertson (one of my favorite kids in FCS). A couple of nice completions from Zack Bednarcyk got the Cats started and Gary Underwood rumbled 32 yards for the score. Underwood has been an unsung star for VU for awhile.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 11:22 AM
In the oldest rivalry of the south, a game I was tempted to cover live today, William & Mary is off to a 3-0 lead on Nick Dorka's 45-yard field goal. The Tribe held off Richmond on the first possession and then marched 46 yards in 10 plays

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 11:24 AM
William & Mary, to me, is a dark horse FCS title threat. Saw them a couple of weeks back at Elon. This could be the year that Jimmye Laycock finally gets to a championship game.

PantherRob82
November 21st, 2015, 11:27 AM
William & Mary, to me, is a dark horse FCS title threat. Saw them a couple of weeks back at Elon. This could be the year that Jimmye Laycock finally gets to a championship game.

Are they really a dark horse? Outside of the Delaware game they have been a great team this year and are on everyone's radar.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 11:28 AM
In the battle for the Northeast Conference title, Zach Drayer has given St. Francis an early 7-0 lead with a 24-yard TD pass to Daniel Adams at Duquesne. St. Francis and Duquesne have never been the FCS playoffs and the winner earns an auto bid. Watching this game, as poor as the quality of the broadcast might be on ESPN3.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 11:29 AM
Are they really a dark horse? Outside of the Delaware game they have been a great team this year and are on everyone's radar.
Dark horse in terms of winning the title. I think the Tribe has been under-ranked all year. But this is a good, solid team, with defense, a senior QB, good RBs and WRs. Most people don't think of Bill & Mar when they think of teams winning the whole shooting match.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 11:31 AM
There is plenty of new material, by the way, on the playoffs and other stuff on my website, www.college-sports-journal.com

We will be updating stuff there throughout the weekend.

PantherRob82
November 21st, 2015, 11:34 AM
Dark horse in terms of winning the title. I think the Tribe has been under-ranked all year. But this is a good, solid team, with defense, a senior QB, good RBs and WRs. Most people don't think of Bill & Mar when they think of teams winning the whole shooting match.

I guess I've watched them and have them on my short list.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 11:36 AM
Looks like another wild and wooly game between JMU and Villanova. JMU scores again on Jordan Brown's 45-yard interception return. That's 14 points for the Dukes and the offense hasn't don't anything yet. JMU 14, VU 7

- - - Updated - - -

JMU recovered an onside kick and has moved to the Villanova 44. Wild game in Harrisonburg, Va.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 11:38 AM
Game 151 between Lafayette and Lehigh is ready to start. It is also on ESPN3

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 11:41 AM
Elon is quickly up on Delaware 7-0. You have to wonder if this is Dave Brock's last game for the Blue Hens? Bad decision letting K.C. Keeler go.

- - - Updated - - -

St. Francis just got a circus catch to get to the Duquesne 15 and then scored on another TD pass. 14-0 Red Flashes with 3:12 left in the first quarter.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 11:44 AM
The Citadel is all over South Carolina and my former Appalachian State buddy Shawn Elliott. It is 14-3 Bulldogs with 3:31 left in the first quarter. It was a 13-play, 75-yard drive for the triple-option Bulldogs. Tyler Renew went 7 yards for the second TD.

Cleets
November 21st, 2015, 11:44 AM
Mr C (my old friend)
Is it just me - or does this seem like it has potential to be one of the most interesting fields in maybe the last 4 years...

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 11:48 AM
Looks like Duquesne's quaint, little stadium is filled to overflowing in the Pittsburgh suburbs for this title game with St. Francis.

- - - Updated - - -

Mr C (my old friend)
Is it just me - or does this seem like it has potential to be one of the most interesting fields in maybe the last 4 years...
Definitely could be the most wide open. Even next weekend's games should be pretty exciting.

- - - Updated - - -

Lehigh's high-scoring attack is threatening early against Lafayette.

- - - Updated - - -

Lehigh is facing a third and goal at the Lafayette 3.

- - - Updated - - -

Near miss on a wind-blown pass for Duquesne inside the 5.

- - - Updated - - -

TD pass for Lehigh. 7-0 over Lafayette in the most-played rivalry in college football.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 11:51 AM
Key games that will start at the top of the hour:

Maine at New Hampshire
South Dakota at Illinois State
North Carolina Central at North Carolina A&T

Why is ESPN3 showing 1-9 Davidson at 3-7 Stetson? Or Youngstown State at Indiana State?

PantherRob82
November 21st, 2015, 11:55 AM
Key games that will start at the top of the hour:

Maine at New Hampshire
North Carolina Central at North Carolina A&T

Why is ESPN3 showing 1-9 Davidson at 3-7 Stetson? Or Youngstown State at Indiana State?

Because they just pick up the local production.

Cleets
November 21st, 2015, 11:55 AM

xlmaox

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 11:56 AM
TD run for Duquesne on a nice drive to make it St. Francis 14, Duquesne 7 with 14 minutes left in the half.

- - - Updated - - -

xlmaox
Maybe they are waiting for another Bo Pelini explosion.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 11:58 AM
There could be a three-way tie for the Ivy League title today, with Harvard needing a win at Yale, Dartmouth needing to beat Princeton at home and Penn a win away at Franklin Field against Cornell. 0-0 Dartmouth and Princeton at the end of a quarter.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 11:59 AM
Expected crowd of 16,000 today at Goodman Stadium for Lafayette-Lehigh (including the esteemed Chuck Burton). They just said that many of them are still in the tailgating area. Probably finishing off their wine and cheese.

Lafayette just missed a wind-blown field goal. Lehigh still leads 7-0.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 12:02 PM
St. Francis is using its running game to march down the field again. Inside the Duquesne 30.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 12:05 PM
Thought on the South Dakota-Illinois State game, which is nearing kickoff:

If South Dakota BEATS Illinois State, can the Coyotes make the playoff field with wins over two top-10 teams, North Dakota State and Illinois State, even with a 6-5 record?

- - - Updated - - -

St. Francis used a trick play on fourth and one to pick up a first down and keep its drive alive.

- - - Updated - - -

Forced pass into coverage for St. Francis and Josh Jordan out-fights a Red Flash WR for the ball and the interception.

PantherRob82
November 21st, 2015, 12:05 PM
Thought on the South Dakota-Illinois State game, which is nearing kickoff:

If South Dakota BEATS Illinois State, can the Coyotes make the playoff field with wins over two top-10 teams, North Dakota State and Illinois State, even with a 6-5 record?

- - - Updated - - -

St, Francis used a trick play on fourth and one to pick up a first down and keep its drive alive.

- - - Updated - - -

Forced pass into coverage for St. Francis and Josh Jordan out-fights a Red Flash WR for the ball and the interception.

I don't see USD getting in, even with the win. Too bad they couldn't hold on last week.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 12:06 PM
Jordan was a surprise starter today for Duquesne.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 12:07 PM
Another TD pass for Lehigh, which looks sharp on the passing game early.

Lehigh 14, Lafayette 0, 3:38 left in the first quarter

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 12:08 PM
Late start for Harvard-Yale on NBC Sports Network at 2:30 p.m. That reminds me of that multiple-overtime game that Harvard won in the darkness a few years ago.

PantherRob82
November 21st, 2015, 12:10 PM
Another TD pass for Lehigh, which looks sharp on the passing game early.

Lehigh 14, Lafayette 0, 3:38 left in the first quarter

Lafayette never stood a chance, did they?

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 12:14 PM
Lehigh just had a player ejected for targeting on a borderline call. I really hate that rule.

- - - Updated - - -

Lafayette never stood a chance, did they?
Anything can happen in rivalry games. Been awhile since Lehigh has won much against Lafayette, too.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 12:18 PM
WOW. What a scene at Illinois State for the game with South Dakota. Snow bowl time. Should make this game even more interesting. Game is on ESPN3.

PantherRob82
November 21st, 2015, 12:18 PM
Lehigh just had a player ejected for targeting on a borderline call. I really hate that rule.

- - - Updated - - -

Anything can happen in rivalry games. Been awhile since Lehigh has won much against Lafayette, too.

What kills me is when the review makes it clear no ejection is warranted and they still eject them.

UNI actually had a targeting call overturned on review. I was shocked.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 12:25 PM
What kills me is when the review makes it clear no ejection is warranted and they still eject them.

UNI actually had a targeting call overturned on review. I was shocked.
There are a lot of inept people doing video reviews at college football games. Officiating has never been worse even with all of the tools they have.

PantherRob82
November 21st, 2015, 12:27 PM
There are a lot of inept people doing video reviews at college football games. Officiating has never been worse even with all of the tools they have.

Totally agree. Even at the BCS level I have caught my mouth hanging open at calls and reviews.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 12:28 PM
Richmond has gone ahead of William & Mary, 7-3 in the second quarter. Anyone with links for the CAA games? Oh, how I hate Comcast.

World
November 21st, 2015, 12:30 PM
halftime

Princeton - 7
Dartmouth - 0

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 12:30 PM
Totally agree. Even at the BCS level I have caught my mouth hanging open at calls and reviews.
Some of the BCS conferences are the worst in college football. ACC, Pac-12, Big Ten ...

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 12:34 PM
Hard to believe how many guys are playing in the box for Illinois State in the snow. Last time I was at ISU, it was blazing hot.

- - - Updated - - -

Love snow games.

- - - Updated - - -

Duquesne ended a drive with a field goal to cut St. Francis' lead to 14-10 late in the first half.

- - - Updated - - -

The Citadel keeps holding South Carolina to field goals. 14-9 Bulldogs with 4:12 left in the first half. Somewhere, Citdog is smiling.

- - - Updated - - -

Elon leads Delaware 10-7 at halftime in the Dave Brock Death Watch Bowl.

- - - Updated - - -

It looks like the South Dakota-Illinois State game is going to be played almost totally between the tackles.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 12:35 PM
Lehigh making it a blowout at Goodman Stadium. Now 21-0 over Lafayette. The cheese and wine will taste good at halftime.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 12:36 PM
Field goal looked wide left, but is called good for Illinois State as the Redbirds take a 3-0 lead against South Dakota.

PantherRob82
November 21st, 2015, 12:37 PM
caatv.com

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 12:37 PM
Long pass gives Duquesne a TD with 30 seconds left in the first half and a 16-14 lead over St. Francis. PAT sails wide right.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 12:40 PM
caatv.com
Thanks. Hard to believe there is NO TV link showing for W&M-Richmond.

21-7 JMU over Villanova now at the half.

- - - Updated - - -

Lafayette runs in a score to make it 21-7 Lehigh.

PantherRob82
November 21st, 2015, 12:44 PM
Thanks. Hard to believe there is NO TV link showing for W&M-Richmond.

21-7 JMU over Villanova now at the half.

- - - Updated - - -

Lafayette runs in a score to make it 21-7 Lehigh.

There should be. The audio links were first for me with TV down below

- - - Updated - - -

http://portal.stretchinternet.com/caa/portal.htm?eventId=253086&streamType=video

KnightoftheRedFlash
November 21st, 2015, 12:46 PM
Long pass gives Duquesne a TD with 30 seconds left in the first half and a 16-14 lead over St. Francis. PAT sails wide right.

I knew our 14 point lead would evaporate. Those leads are nothing in today's football. St. Francis blew it at the goal line when we had a chance to go up 21-10. We threw a stupid pass instead of running.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 12:50 PM
Big face mask penalty on Lafayette leads to another Lehigh score. Engineering Mountain Hawks (thanks to Otto Fad) lead 28-7 with still half of the second quarter to be played.

- - - Updated - - -

William & Mary got a field goal before the half to cut Richmond's lead to 7-6.

- - - Updated - - -

Currently have five games streaming in Mr. C's Game Day Central. Thanks for the help with finding links.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 12:52 PM
Richmond just opened the second half with a TD drive. 14-6 Spiders at home against the Tribe

PantherRob82
November 21st, 2015, 12:54 PM
Richmond just opened the second half with a TD drive. 14-6 Spiders at home against the Tribe

Tough to say who needs the win more. Should be a great 2nd half.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 12:54 PM
Today is reminding me of my days at The Sports Network, where we would have a bank of about 20 TVs with college football games on them on Saturdays.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 12:57 PM
I have the following games going:
St. Francis at Duquesne
Villanova at JMU
Lafayette at Lehigh
William & Mary at Richmond
Rhode Island at Towson (starting soon)

and

- - - Updated - - -

Villanova opens the second half with a nice drive to score a TD and cut JMU's lead to 21-14

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 12:58 PM
William & Mary, meanwhile, has the passing game clicking and has marched into Richmond territory

PantherRob82
November 21st, 2015, 01:00 PM
I have the following games going:
St. Francis at Duquesne
Villanova at JMU
Lafayette at Lehigh
William & Mary at Richmond
Towson at Rhode Island (starting soon)

and

- - - Updated - - -

Villanova opens the second half with a nice drive to score a TD and cut JMU's lead to 21-14

I wish I could do that today. A lot of bouncing around and I am about to switch to the UNI-North Carolina basketball game

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 01:00 PM
Looking for a link now for the Brawl of the Wild

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 01:03 PM
Richmond's defense comes up big again and holds W&M to another field goal. Spiders lead 14-9 in the third.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 01:05 PM
I wish I could do that today. A lot of bouncing around and I am about to switch to the UNI-North Carolina basketball game
Go Panthers from down here in Tar Heel country.

Got the idea to try streaming multiple games from a computer lab and it is working, except the one computer that keeps shutting down and restarting. Could do 20 games today simultaneously, if I needed to.

PantherRob82
November 21st, 2015, 01:05 PM
Looking for a link now for the Brawl of the Wild

I can't remember who does the Big Sky broadcasts now...

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 01:06 PM
Coprich with a TD run to give Illinois State a 9-0 lead over South Dakota. Missed the extra point.

PantherRob82
November 21st, 2015, 01:08 PM
Brawl not listed on Eversport who does all the Big Sky games.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 01:08 PM
I can't remember who does the Big Sky broadcasts now...
Probably is on Root TV, but there is no Big Sky TV link. One of the worst websites I've ever seen for Root.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 01:13 PM
JMU is threatening again at Villanova's six-yard line

- - - Updated - - -

28-14 Lehigh over Lafayette at the half.

- - - Updated - - -

First and goal at the two for JMU.

- - - Updated - - -

Failed running play by the QB and a bad pass makes its third and goal for JMU.

- - - Updated - - -

Single-wing-styled run makes it fourth and four. Bad play calling for JMU.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 01:15 PM
Some really ugly uniforms for Rhode Island today at Johnny U. Matches the play of the Rams.

- - - Updated - - -

JMU settles for a field goal after the time out. 24-14 Dukes over Villanova, late in the third period.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 01:26 PM
Some interesting scenarios developing in the MEAC. North Carolina Central leads NCAT 7-3 late in the first half. If NCCU wins and Bethune-Cookman beats Florida A&M in the Florida Classic, as expected, that would leave the MEAC with tri-champions. Could the MEAC get a bid for one of its three champions (probably Bethune-Cookman)?

- - - Updated - - -

Richmond has now opened a 20-9 lead in the third over William & Mary.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 01:29 PM
Big play for Illinois State for another Redbird TD at the end of the first half to make it a 23-0 rout over South Dakota.

- - - Updated - - -

South Carolina finally got a TD to take a 16-14 lead over The Citadel. It is late in the third period.

- - - Updated - - -

Villanova uses its running game to score again and cut JMU's lead to 24-21 with under 11 minutes to play.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 01:31 PM
Richmond has to punt back to W&M with about 11 minutes left. The Tribe better get their offense going, if they want that CAA auto bid.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 01:32 PM
Towson just scored to tie Rhode Island at 7-7 and then pulled off an onside kick. Everything is being pulled out today.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 01:35 PM
In the Ivy League, Penn is rolling 27-7 over Cornell at the half and Princeton is leading 10-7 over Dartmouth as the second half opens.

- - - Updated - - -

Duquesne got a nice catch to set up a TD over St. Francis, 23-14 lead for the Dukes with 45 seconds left in the third.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 01:39 PM
Villanova is at midfield against JMU midway through the fourth.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 01:42 PM
Nova with a first-down run to the JMU 33 with under four to play.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 01:45 PM
With 3:25 Nova's freshman QB fumbles at the end of a run inside the 30 and JMU returns its for a TD.

- - - Updated - - -

Play is under review, but should stand. JMU 30, VU 21 with the PAT to come

- - - Updated - - -

Review confirms the TD. It was a young player trying to do too much.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 01:47 PM
Lehigh with an 85-yard fumble recovery TD to make it 42-14 in the third.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 01:48 PM
Rhode Island just scored to tie Towson at 14 early in the second period. New Hampshire is holding serve for a 13-0 lead over Maine, also in the second.

World
November 21st, 2015, 01:48 PM
4th quarter 4:54

Princeton - 10
Dartmouth - 10

Princeton with ball

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 01:50 PM
With W&M QB Steve Cluley under pressure, Richmond stops the Tribe's drive with an interception and deep return. The Spiders are ready to put this one away.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 01:53 PM
Duquesne runs in another TD with 10:53 left to make it 30-14. That's 30 straight points for Duquesne since it trailed 14-0 early on.

World
3rd and 3 and Princeton QB does what he does best, throws an Interception

Dartmouth ball

Old Cat Fan
19 - 0 UNH 8 mins to go in the third

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 01:56 PM
Among the other why games on ESPN3 today:

Western Carolina at VMI
Mercer-Samford
Eastern Kentucky at Eastern Illinois (maybe a little riding on this one)

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 01:57 PM
In the "Save Dave Brock" telethon, Delaware has taken a 14-10 lead over Elon, late in the fourth.

AshevilleApp2
November 21st, 2015, 01:57 PM
Citadel 23 South Carolina 22. 6 minutes to go!

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 01:59 PM
Now also watching the Florida Classic, with Bethune-Cookman up 7-0 early and moving again against hapless FAMU.

- - - Updated - - -

Citadel 23 South Carolina 22. 6 minutes to go!
Go Dogs, Go!

- - - Updated - - -

Villanova moving again down 38-21 with 1:47 left. Too little too late.

Old Cat Fan
November 21st, 2015, 02:00 PM
Citadel going for the upset up by 1 with 6mins to go

tv link
http://www.usagoals.co/ncaa-football/1347937/1/citadel-bulldogs-vs-south-carolina-live-stream-online.html

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 02:00 PM
Rhode Island is giving Towson fits and has taken a 21-14 lead late in the first half.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 02:02 PM
St. Francis shows some life with a TD to make it 30-20 for Duquesne with 10 minutes left. Two-point conversion coming.

- - - Updated - - -

Bethune-Cookman with a score to make it 14-0 over FAMU.

Old Cat Fan
November 21st, 2015, 02:02 PM
Citdogs just stopped them on 4th and 1 at mid field

PantherRob82
November 21st, 2015, 02:03 PM
Ever find a Brawl link?

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 02:04 PM
Villanova scores with 56 seconds left to pull to within 38-29 of JMU. Looks like the Cats will go for two.

- - - Updated - - -

Ever find a Brawl link?
Nada, but Montana is rolling 17-7 over Montana State in Bozeman at the end of the first period.

KnightoftheRedFlash
November 21st, 2015, 02:04 PM
SFU scores, but our awful QB holds the ball on the 2 point conversion. 30-20.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 02:05 PM
The Citadel is close to pulling off the win (not sure it is an upset) over South Carolina with 4:07 left.

PantherRob82
November 21st, 2015, 02:05 PM
SFU scores, but our awful QB holds the ball on the 2 point conversion. 30-20.

Karma for playing UFaith. ;)

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 02:07 PM
Towson just got a Victor TD to tie Rhode Island at 21.

- - - Updated - - -

Villanova failed on its two-pointer and JMU recovered the onside kick and is running out the clock.

- - - Updated - - -

Final in a tough, tough game in Harrisonburg, James Madison 38, Villanova 29. The Cats have to wonder what they would have done with John Robertson this season.

Old Cat Fan
November 21st, 2015, 02:09 PM
1st down Citdogs 2: 25 left

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 02:10 PM
Interesting pre-game motivation talk from Terry Sims of Bethune-Cookman before the Florida Classic.

- - - Updated - - -

1st down Citdogs 2: 25 left
Dogs still have the ball?

- - - Updated - - -

The app on my phone is lagging on this game.

KnightoftheRedFlash
November 21st, 2015, 02:12 PM
The SEC helping out SCAR.

Old Cat Fan
November 21st, 2015, 02:13 PM
Yes 3rd and 8

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 02:14 PM
Dartmouth looks like it will get its share of the Ivy League title with a 17-10 lead in the final seconds.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 02:15 PM
Richmond throttled William & Mary 20-9 in impressive fashion to win the oldest rivalry in the south and to clinch the CAA auto bid.

World
November 21st, 2015, 02:15 PM
Final

Dartmouth - 17
Princeton - 10

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 02:16 PM
Down to 1:35 left in Columbia, S.C. with The Citaderl facing a fourth and five at the South Carolina 39. Punt is downed by the Dogs at the Gamecock 3.

Old Cat Fan
November 21st, 2015, 02:16 PM
USC ball at their own 3 yd line 1:25 left no time outs

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 02:19 PM
Just flipped on the TV in the other room for Harvard at Yale on NBC Sports TV. It is 7-7 midway through the first period. Can Harvard join Dartmouth and Penn as Ivy League champions? They are playing Yale ...

KnightoftheRedFlash
November 21st, 2015, 02:19 PM
For a second I thought that some forgery would happen.

Old Cat Fan
November 21st, 2015, 02:20 PM
WOW gamecocks just completed pass for a TD and is called back

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 02:21 PM
South Carolina was facing fourth and seven at its own six and completed a 94-yard TD pass play.

- - - Updated - - -

Play was called back for a false start.

Old Cat Fan
November 21st, 2015, 02:21 PM
WOW Citdogs win great win against a SEC team Gamecocks fans look sick

PaladinFan
November 21st, 2015, 02:22 PM
SoCon football is going to be fun to watch the next few years.

Maybe 2015 is the year SoCon puts their flag back on the national stage. The Citadel and UTC aren't going to be easy outs in the post season.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 02:22 PM
Shawn Elliott, the South Carolina coach and former App State DE and assistant, must have blown a gasket after that.

KnightoftheRedFlash
November 21st, 2015, 02:23 PM
I want the Citadel coach for Army.

Mr. C
South Carolina had an incomplete pass on the replayed fourth down and The Citadel goes into victory formation for its 23-22 win. Safe to say that the Bulldogs are in the playoffs. Citdog must being doing some dancing right now.

Old Cat Fan
It was so nice to see one of these upset games finally go for the FCS So many times they come so close only to have it go away in the last mins

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 02:24 PM
Meanwhile in snowy Normal, Illinois State has blown out South Dakota to the tune of 36-0.

World
November 21st, 2015, 02:24 PM
Congrats to The Citadel

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 02:26 PM
It was so nice to see one of these upset games finally go for the FCS So many times they come so close only to have it go away in the last mins
Winning on a penalty at the end is a new one. Probably was actually an illegal formation flag. That allows a play to continue to conclusion. A false start, as ESPN reported it, does not.

- - - Updated - - -

Hard to believe that the SEC officials didn't conveniently pick that flag up.

AshevilleApp2
November 21st, 2015, 02:26 PM
Great job by The Citadel!

KnightoftheRedFlash
November 21st, 2015, 02:27 PM
Winning on a penalty at the end is a new one. Probably was actually an illegal formation flag. That allows a play to continue to conclusion. A false start, as ESPN reported it, does not.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, SCAR wasn't in line for anything.

pokefan02
November 21st, 2015, 02:27 PM
Watching the replay of that play shows the inside receiver at the top of the formation, took a step back right before the snap. The officials made the correct call but they will probably get pounded for it.

PaladinFan
November 21st, 2015, 02:29 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure what the call was. I heard a whistle during the long pass to Cooper (you even saw Citadel players stop running). They said men were not set on the line, but certainly didn't look like it.

Could have been an inadvertent whistle type thing. Tough for USC to have that happen on a TD pass, but it probably isn't a touchdown pass if Citadel defenders had not given up on the play.

Old Cat Fan
November 21st, 2015, 02:31 PM
The feed i was watching just had live coverage of the Citadal locker room that was great stuff

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 02:31 PM
Duquesne gets an interception with 1:35 to hold off St. Francis. The Dukes will run out the clock. Second interception of the day for Nelson. Duquesne wins its first playoff berth with the auto bid in the FCS.

Old Cat Fan
November 21st, 2015, 02:34 PM
UNH up 22-6

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 02:37 PM
Sheldon Moseley with a 35-yard TD catch, his second of the day, to lift Harvard to a 14-7 lead after trailing early against Yale.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 02:38 PM
Duquesne with a nice on-field celebration after beating St. Francis 30-20. Don't expect the Dukes to advance past the first round after what I've seen of NEC play this season.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 02:40 PM
Turning on South Dakota State at Western Illinois on ESPN3.

- - - Updated - - -

UNH up 22-6
Too bad the CAA doesn't have a TV link for this one.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 02:42 PM
Not sure what the call was. I heard a whistle during the long pass to Cooper (you even saw Citadel players stop running). They said men were not set on the line, but certainly didn't look like it.

Could have been an inadvertent whistle type thing. Tough for USC to have that happen on a TD pass, but it probably isn't a touchdown pass if Citadel defenders had not given up on the play.
If it was a whistle during the play, that is for a false start. If there was no whistle and the play was allowed to continue, it is illegal formation. One of the old coordinators from the SoCon and Sun Belt taught me that one a bunch of years ago.

KnightoftheRedFlash
November 21st, 2015, 02:43 PM
Duquesne with a nice on-field celebration after beating St. Francis 30-20. Don't expect the Dukes to advance past the first round after what I've seen of NEC play this season.

I hope Duquesne loses by 50.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 02:45 PM
Not expecting much from this game, but just flipped on North Dakota State at Missouri State on ESPN3. Bison lead 7-0 three minutes in.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 02:47 PM
I hope Duquesne loses by 50.
A little bitter? The Red Flashes played well early. Three turnovers killed them, particularly that one in the end zone that would have extended the lead in the first half. That might have killed Duquesne.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 02:49 PM
Probably an outside chance that Eastern Illinois could sneak a bid. Watching that one on ESPN3, with the Panthers ahead of Eastern Kentucky 7-0 at the half.

KnightoftheRedFlash
November 21st, 2015, 02:50 PM
A little bitter? The Red Flashes played well early. Three turnovers killed them, particularly that one in the end zone that would have extended the lead in the first half. That might have killed Duquesne.

No crap. What, I should be happy that my team lost a chance at the playoffs and extend well-wishes to a conference mate? I don't care about the NEC. It is a tacky league with incompetent refs and small stadiums. I am not a conformist. I don't like conferences.

We are the Red Flash, not the Red Flashes.

When, I saw that INT, I knew that the game momentum had changed.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 02:50 PM
Interesting to see Western Illinois in bright sunshine at Macomb, while it is snowing like made in Normal for the Illinois State game.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 02:51 PM
No crap. What, I should be happy that my team lost a chance at the playoffs and extend well-wishes to a conference mate? I don't care about the NEC. It is a tacky league with incompetent refs and small stadiums. I am not a conformist. I don't like conferences.

We are the Red Flash, not the Red Flashes.

When, I saw that INT, I knew that the game momentum had changed.
Without conferences, no team from the NEC would have had a prayer of making the playoffs. Very down year for the league, which had been on the upswing in recent years.

Old Cat Fan
November 21st, 2015, 02:51 PM
Final UNH 22 Maine 6 Cats playoff hopes alive, but still don't have the guns to do any damage if they get in

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 02:54 PM
EKU is on the move early in the second half against EIU in a 7-0 game. The Colonels are moving close to the Panther 20.

- - - Updated - - -

Final UNH 22 Maine 6 Cats playoff hopes alive, but still don't have the guns to do any damage if they get in
You never can count out Sean McConnell.

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting to see the freshman QB at NDSU. When does Wentz get back?

KnightoftheRedFlash
November 21st, 2015, 02:54 PM
Without conferences, no team from the NEC would have had a prayer of making the playoffs. Very down year for the league, which had been on the upswing in recent years.

I know that fact. But I still dislike the idea of conferences. It leads to a bunch of silly tribalism. College football was better with wide spread independence.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 02:55 PM
And just as I say that, Wentz checks into the game.

- - - Updated - - -

I know that fact. But I still dislike the idea of conferences. It leads to a bunch of silly tribalism. College football was better with wide spread independence.
We've had conferences for nearly 100 years.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 02:56 PM
Eastern Illinois turns an EKU scoring threat into a defensive TD. Panthers go ahead 13-0.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 03:01 PM
Chattanooga trailed Florida State in the second quarter 7-6, but FSU has scored again to make it 14-6 with around nine minutes left in the half. Thanks ESPN for blocking this game out. So senseless.

- - - Updated - - -

The Bison grind the ball down the field almost entirely on the ground and score to make it 14-0 with 5:28 left in the first period.

- - - Updated - - -

Towson has finally gone ahead of Rhode Island 28-21 in the third period.

- - - Updated - - -

Lehigh's defense is making things interesting. A long Lafayette TD pass pulled the Leopards to within 49-35 late.

- - - Updated - - -

Western Illinois just capped off a long drive with a field goal to lead South Dakota State 3-0 in the first period.

- - - Updated - - -

Now 46-0 in snowy Normal for Illinois State over South Dakota. Snowing now as hard as it has all game. Nasty.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 03:03 PM
Final in Game 151

Lehigh 49
Lafayette 35

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 03:05 PM
With Bethune-Cookman thrashing Florida A&M, the MEAC mess looks more like a three-way tie as NCCU leads NCAT 21-16 with about four minutes left.

- - - Updated - - -

Penn is wrapping up its share of the Ivey League title with a 34-21 lead in the final seconds over Cornell.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 03:06 PM
Down to 1:39 left at NCAT with NCCU moving the ball in Aggie territory.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 03:09 PM
What has gotten into Montana? The Griz lead Montana State 37-14 at halftime in Bozeman. One-sided Brawl of the Wild.

- - - Updated - - -

FAMU showing some life, now down 21-14 to Bethune-Cookman late in the first half.

- - - Updated - - -

Illinois State finally gets to come in from the snow with a final in Normal. The Redbirds beat South Dakota 46-0.

- - - Updated - - -

Harvard scores again to go ahead of Yale 21-7 late in the first half.

Cleets
November 21st, 2015, 03:11 PM
What has gotten into Montana? The Griz lead Montana State 37-14 at halftime in Bozeman. One-sided Brawl of the Wild.

Montana has their starting QB back... is all that has happened - The same guy that helped them beat NDSU

KnightoftheRedFlash
November 21st, 2015, 03:13 PM
Why is the Chattanooga game blocked?

- - - Updated - - -

And just as I say that, Wentz checks into the game.

- - - Updated - - -

We've had conferences for nearly 100 years.

I know. That is why I said wide spread.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 03:13 PM
Yale tries a 30-yard field goal at the end of the first half, and misses, to leave the field trailing Harvard 21-7 at the break.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 03:16 PM
Why is the Chattanooga game blocked?

- - - Updated - - -

I know. That is why I said wide spread.

On ESPN. They block some games and only allow cable subscribers to see them on ESPN3. Probably has to do with revenue.

- - - Updated - - -

Great catch by Towson on a pass from Connor Frazier as Towson goes ahead 35-21 on Rhode Island late in the third period.

- - - Updated - - -

14-0 North Dakota State over Missouri State after one period.

Old Cat Fan
November 21st, 2015, 03:16 PM
FL STATE Chatty game tv link noles just went up 17- 6
http://www.usagoals.co/ncaa-football/1349291/2/chattanooga-vs-florida-state-live-stream-online.html

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 03:17 PM
And the really thing that 50,000 or 60,000 folks came to see at the Florida Classic, the Bethune-Cookman and Florida A&M bands.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 03:22 PM
Another team that had an astronomical hope of reaching the playoffs, Western Carolina, has gone down to VMI 20-17 with about three minutes left.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 03:24 PM
South Dakota State, which has seemed to be over-ranked this season, was looking pretty poor as it trailed 3-0 to Western Illinois with under 10 minutes left in the second quarter, but the Bunnies stopped a Leatherneck drive and are now running the ball into the red zone.

citdog
November 21st, 2015, 03:24 PM
23-22 over Carolina!

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 03:26 PM
On third and goal, SDSU has near disaster on a slant that goes off a helmet before falling incomplete. The Jackrabbits settle for a game-tying 24-yard FG to match WIU at 3-all.

Old Cat Fan
November 21st, 2015, 03:27 PM
23-22 over Carolina!

That was a beautiful thing Citdog congrats Still can't get over the look on the USC fan faces

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 03:27 PM
23-22 over Carolina!
You just showing up at the party. Too bad no one watching on ESPN3 could see it.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 03:28 PM
Western Carolina come back to score on VMI and take a 24-21 lead with 2:12 left.

citdog
November 21st, 2015, 03:29 PM
That was a beautiful thing Citdog congrats Still can't get over the look on the USC fan faces

It is quite impolite to take the check, their pride, their dignity, and the WIN back down I-26 !

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 03:30 PM
And, oh, by the way, the Bison just scored again to go up on hapless Missouri State 20-0. Around 10 minutes left in the first half.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 03:31 PM
It is quite impolite to take the check, their pride, their dignity, and the WIN back down I-26 !
Surprised the refs didn't try to screw you at the end. It would have been easy for that penalty flag to inadvertently disappear.

KnightoftheRedFlash
November 21st, 2015, 03:31 PM

May Army have your head coach?

AshevilleApp2
November 21st, 2015, 03:33 PM

Shame! And a great win, congratulations!

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 03:33 PM
Eastern Illinois still maintaining a playoff heartbeat with a 21-0 lead over what looked to be a promising Eastern Kentucky team early in the year. The Colonels have collapsed after the overtime loss to Kentucky.

citdog
November 21st, 2015, 03:34 PM
May Army have your head coach?

Nope. He is OUR Mike Ayers

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 03:36 PM
VMI made one last grasp against WCU. The Keydets (whatever that is) are going to come up short, however, with a 24-20 loss. Spoke to soon. A bad spot keeps alive the Keydet drive at the Catamount 20.

- - - Updated - - -

And North Dakota State scores again. 27-0.

Thumper 76
November 21st, 2015, 03:36 PM
South Dakota State, which has seemed to be over-ranked this season, was looking pretty poor as it trailed 3-0 to Western Illinois with under 10 minutes left in the second quarter, but the Bunnies stopped a Leatherneck drive and are now running the ball into the red zone.

What has happened outside of the NDSU game to make SDSU over ranked?

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 03:41 PM
Even a fake punt doesn't goes Missouri State's way. NDSU stops the Bears inside their own 20 and are poised to score again.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 03:42 PM
One final scramble from VMI's QB comes up about five yards short and Western Carolina hangs on for a 24-20 win. The Catamounts finish the year at 7-4.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 03:44 PM
Even pass interference on the Bears can't prevent a Bison TD pass. Soon to be 34-0 with half of the second quarter still remaining.

- - - Updated - - -

The South Dakota State-Western Illinois game has been like watching paint dry. Still 3-3 late in the second quarter.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 03:46 PM
Towson tacks on a field goal to expand its lead over Rhode Island 38-21 with about three minutes left.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 03:49 PM
In a 21-14 game the Wildcats lead, Bethune-Cookman's punter drops a snap, fails to run for a first down and give FAMU excellent field position. Haven't been impressed with B-CU seeing them in person, or on TV.

- - - Updated - - -

Florida A&M fumbles the ball back to the Wildcats at the goal line. Still B-CU ahead 21-14 in the third.

- - - Updated - - -

North Carolina Central, by the way, finished off its win over North Carolina A&T 21-16 to win a share of the MEAC.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 03:52 PM
The stupid announcers in the MVFC games are trying to say that teams from the league can make the playoffs with six overall wins.

- - - Updated - - -

They have Youngstown State making the playoffs. Ouch.

- - - Updated - - -

And Western Illinois, if the Leathernecks beat South Dakota State.

- - - Updated - - -

That last one just became a little more unlikely as the lethargic Jackrabbits scored to go up 10-3 on WIU with the first half winding down.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 03:55 PM
While it is a sunny day at Western Illinois, a wider view shows plenty of snow off the field and apparently the field was covered a couple of hours before the game began. There were some interesting travel adventures for South Dakota and South Dakota State yesterday.

- - - Updated - - -

Final from Johnny U. Stadium, Towson 38-21 over Rhode Island. Still hope for the Tigers to make the playoffs with seven wins, but that Elon loss probably kills them.

Old Cat Fan
November 21st, 2015, 03:56 PM
Alabama 28 - 0 over CSU start of 2nd quarter. This one is going to be ugly, CSU saying to themselves " Damn why did the Citadel have to upset a SEC team why "

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 03:59 PM
Harvard is now ahead of Yale 28-7 midway through the third quarter and is looking for more.

- - - Updated - - -

Alabama 28 - 0 over CSU start of 2nd quarter. This one is going to be ugly, CSU saying to themselves " Damn why did the Citadel have to upset a SEC team why "
Charlie South is probably resting a bunch of folks in this one. It is like an exhibition game.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 04:01 PM
What has happened outside of the NDSU game to make SDSU over ranked?
Just haven't been that impressed with them. They look real sluggish today.

Thumper 76
November 21st, 2015, 04:04 PM
Just haven't been that impressed with them. They look real sluggish today.

Read about the saga of their travels before the game. Then you will see why.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 04:18 PM
After 31 unanswered points by Harvard, Yale opens the fourth quarter with a QB TD run from the two to make it 31-14. Harvard has looked like a top-10 team today.

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking off top-10 teams, North Dakota State leads 41-0 at the half.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 04:20 PM
Bethune-Cookman finally has some breathing room with a 28-14 lead over Florida A&M at the start of the fourth period.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 04:22 PM
The Wildcats score again on a wide-open TD pass in the end zone. B-CU 35-14 with 12:41 left. Looks like it will be a three-way tie in the crazy MEAC.

caribbeanhen
November 21st, 2015, 04:25 PM

if that's true Delaware makes it next year

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 04:26 PM
Some interesting rivalry games that have no bearing on the playoffs today.

Wofford leads Furman in one of the oldest rivalries played in the south, 17-14, at halftime. Have to wonder if a four-win season would be the end of Bruce Fowler as Furman's head coach. Think they would like Bobby Lamb back?

And Northwestern State leads Stephen F. Austin 17-7 in the battle for Chief Caddo, the coolest trophy in sports. Wasn't that long ago that J.C. Harper had the Lumberjacks scoring points and making lots of playoff appearances.

- - - Updated - - -

if that's true Delaware makes it next year
They going to hire K.C. Keeler back?

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 04:27 PM
Why are the Western Illinois announcers still going on about the Leathernecks' playoff hopes with a win over South Dakota State?

caribbeanhen
November 21st, 2015, 04:32 PM
- - - Updated - - -

Lets see how K.C. fares on the road today.... I know a lot of Delaware fans would love to see him back, and more would like to see Dave Brock call the U haul tonight

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 04:32 PM
Some more Big Sky games with big playoff implications are going. Watching that hideous red turf at Eastern Washington as the Eagles lead Portland State 10-6 in the first period. And also tuning in to the Northern Arizona-Southern Utah game. NAU leads 3-0 late in the first period, but SUU is driving into the red zone.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 04:33 PM
Southern Utah with a nice fade route and throw for a TD to make it Thunderbirds 7, NAU 3 with 3:41 left in the first period.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 04:34 PM
A fumble by Nico Watson from Western Illinois has given SDSU a scoring chance in the third period. Bunnies have a first and goal at the 7.

PantherRob82
November 21st, 2015, 04:35 PM
UNI up 7-0. Offense has looked bad but broke a big run.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 04:36 PM
Technical difficulties from Cheney, Washington. That could mean a number of things for the Eagles of Eastern Washington right now.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 04:38 PM
UNI up 7-0. Offense has looked bad but broke a big run.
One of the craziest rivalries in the FCS universe over the years. Just tuned in to this game.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 04:40 PM
A fumbled direct snap as South Dakota State had a first and goal at the two after pass interference and SDSU loses its FIRST fumble of the season.

- - - Updated - - -

A good punt return has Southern Utah in position to score again. The first quarter ends with SUU ahead 7-3.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 04:41 PM
Portland State gets a long run for a touchdown and leads Eastern Washington 13-10 with a couple of minutes left in the first period.

- - - Updated - - -

Now 48-0 from North Dakota State

PantherRob82
November 21st, 2015, 04:43 PM
One of the craziest rivalries in the FCS universe over the years. Just tuned in to this game.

Not looking like a typical UNI-SIU game right now after the 14-0 start for the Panthers.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 04:43 PM
Northern Iowa scores again to lead Southern Illinois 14-0

- - - Updated - - -

Not looking like a typical UNI-SIU game right now after the 14-0 start for the Panthers.
What has been so weird is how much of a home-field advantage series this has been.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 04:45 PM
Currently keeping track of NINE televised games. Fun, but my eyes are beginning to get blurry.

- - - Updated - - -

Western Illinois completes a long pass to get into the red zone.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 04:47 PM
NAU driving down to the NAU 15.

- - - Updated - - -

First and goal for NAU inside the 10

catamount man
November 21st, 2015, 04:48 PM
Mr. C, does WCU have any shot at an at large bid? GO CATS!

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 04:49 PM
TD for Walker on the bubble screen to make it Northern Arizona 10, Southern Utah 7 with 11:50 left in the second period.

- - - Updated - - -

Mr. C, does WCU have any shot at an at large bid? GO CATS!
There had to be a lot of upsets for that to happen. It isn't looking good to day for my buddy Mark Speir and the Catamounts.

- - - Updated - - -

Great coverage by UNI to stop a SIU drive.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 04:51 PM
Sorry to hear that Jay Walker is doing color commentary on the FCS championship game. Per his comments on the B-CU vs FAMU broadcast. B-CU leads 35-14 with three minutes left.

catamount man
November 21st, 2015, 04:51 PM
Oh well. He's rebuilding our program and trust me, after going 14-70 from 2006-2013, WCU is 14-9 in 2014 and 2015. Baby steps and I'll take it. Already ready for ECU next September 3. GO CATS!!!

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 04:52 PM
Two-yard TD for Western Illinois gives the Leathernecks a 10-10 tie

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 04:53 PM
Oh well. He's rebuilding our program and trust me, after going 14-70 from 2006-2013, WCU is 14-9 in 2014 and 2015. Baby steps and I'll take it. Already ready for ECU next September 3. GO CATS!!!
No doubt. And a total class act. Had his son in one of my Intro to Journalism classes for one day this fall. Zeb Speir, a freshman QB at ASU, changed his major and dropped the class. Mark will get things turned around.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 04:56 PM
North Dakota State 55
Missouri State 0

Still seven minutes left ... in the THIRD PERIOD

- - - Updated - - -

Northern Arizona is finding some running lanes right now against Southern Utah's normally stout defense.

- - - Updated - - -

Hard to believe that the MEAC is going to use Sagarin ratings to decide who goes to the "Celebration Bowl." Harder to believe the MEAC voted to play in this stupid bowl. It is going to make the talent in the MEAC slip even further.

- - - Updated - - -

Interception by SUU ends the NAU drive.

PantherRob82
November 21st, 2015, 04:57 PM
It's easy to believe anything the MEAC does...idiots.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 05:02 PM
In the 132nd Harvard-Yale game, Harvard wins 38-19 in New Haven. So sad that this rivalry game is the biggest reason that the Ivy League doesn't compete in the playoffs. Three teams, Harvard, Dartmouth and Penn would be in consideration for the playoffs if the Ivies were not so obstinate.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 05:04 PM
Western Illinois is putting pressure on South Dakota State with the passing game. After a long pass to the 24, a 14-yard run gives the Leathernecks first and goal with the third quarter winding down.

- - - Updated - - -

WIU is down to the four as the quarter ends.

- - - Updated - - -

And no, Mr. Announcer, the Leathernecks are not in playoff contention with a win.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 05:07 PM
Another TD drive for Western Illinois and the Leathernecks lead South Dakota State 17-10 in the fourth.

PantherRob82
November 21st, 2015, 05:09 PM
Another TD drive for Western Illinois and the Leathernecks lead South Dakota State 17-10 in the fourth.

Wow. An SDSU loss really changes the seed situation.

centennial
November 21st, 2015, 05:10 PM
SDSU losing to avoid Wentz.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 05:10 PM
One of the funniest sights of the day was just watching the girls in the stands at Southern Utah trying to dance ...

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 05:12 PM
With the selection committee doing something similar to what I am doing today, South Dakota State's performance isn't doing them any favors.

- - - Updated - - -

SDSU gets a needed first-down pass completion at the 50

PantherRob82
November 21st, 2015, 05:13 PM
SIU on the board. 14-7 Panthers

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 05:13 PM
A blitz hits sends Portland State's QB to the sidelines.

PantherRob82
November 21st, 2015, 05:14 PM
A blitz hits sends Portland State's QB to the sidelines.

W&M, Portland State and SDSU losing would create quite the interesting scenario for seeding.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 05:15 PM
Southern Utah looks dangerous on its returns.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 05:17 PM
W&M, Portland State and SDSU losing would create quite the interesting scenario for seeding.
South Dakota State just got picked to give WIU the ball with 13:21 left. Huge drive for the Leathernecks right here.

- - - Updated - - -

Connor Kupp with a big TD reception to give Eastern Washington a 17-13 lead over Portland State

- - - Updated - - -

Southern Utah drops a TD pass in the end zone. Wide open receiver.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 05:19 PM
I think this is the year that another wide receiver wins the Payton Award, joining Villanova's Brian Finneran. Welcome to the club, Connor Kupp.

PantherRob82
November 21st, 2015, 05:19 PM
Announcers in the UNI game just talked about CCU's big win over the Bison earlier this season.....

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 05:20 PM
Wonder if Craig Haley has watched 20-plus games today?

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 05:21 PM
Northern Arizona threatening after a catch at the SUU 7.

- - - Updated - - -

and a TD for UNI to make it 21-7 over Southern Illinois

- - - Updated - - -

and a TD for NAU to lead Southern Utah 17-7 late in the first half. No dancing in the stands, however bad is was, now for SUU.

PantherRob82
November 21st, 2015, 05:22 PM
Northern Arizona threatening after a catch at the SUU 7.

- - - Updated - - -

and a TD for UNI to make it 21-7 over Southern Illinois

- - - Updated - - -

and a TD for NAU to lead Southern Utah 17-7 late in the first half

Dang it, I must be behind our game. xlolx

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 05:22 PM
Portland State back on the move well into EWU territory.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 05:25 PM
A tipped pass at the goal line and an interception by EWU thwarts Portland State.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 05:28 PM
Halftime at Roos Field, with the Tabasco Turf. Eastern Washington 17, Portland State 13. More fireworks ahead.

- - - Updated - - -

Another interception at the goal line for Western Illinois. South Dakota State has six turnovers, three of them coming today.

- - - Updated - - -

And a big completion for WIU to the SDSU 40 with 8:30 remaining. A TD here would probably about clinch it for the Leathernecks.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 05:30 PM
TD for SUU makes it 17-14 Northern Arizona as the first half winds down. Been an interesting, back and forth game.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 05:31 PM
Final from North Dakota State

55-0

Auto bid for the Bison

PantherRob82
November 21st, 2015, 05:33 PM
28-7 UNI after a 90 yd punt return

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 05:33 PM
Just when you think the half is going to be over. Northern Arizona gets a TD pass on a up-for-grabs throw in the end zone, one play after a personal foul on SUU, and makes it 24-14 at halftime.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 05:34 PM
Now it is a taco-eating competition at Southern Utah as halftime entertainment. What a weird place.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 05:43 PM
Missed tackles by Western Illinois are giving SDSU a chance.

- - - Updated - - -

First down at the WIU 21 with under four minutes to play.

- - - Updated - - -

2nd down and 7 at the 18 for the Bunnies

- - - Updated - - -

Another run for SDSU to the 14. 3rd and 4, under three left.

- - - Updated - - -

Direct snap and its stuffed at the 17. Fourth down for SDSU

- - - Updated - - -

Slant is completed at the 3 for SDSU with 1:48 left. 1st and goal.

- - - Updated - - -

TD run from Kyle Perry for SDSU to make it 17-16.

- - - Updated - - -

Extra point is down the middle to make it Western Illinois 17, South Dakota State 17 with 1:35 left in the fourth. Anyone ready for overtime?

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 05:45 PM
Northern Iowa leads Southern Illinois 28-14 at the half

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 05:49 PM
Two more games are almost ready for kickoff, McNeese State vs Lamar and Sam Houston State vs Central Arkansas

- - - Updated - - -

Western Illinois had a drive going to get into field-goal range, but a pick give the ball back to SDSU with a little over a minute left.

- - - Updated - - -

The Rabbits are down to the WIU 43 after a pass completion

- - - Updated - - -

36 seconds left. 47 yards is the longest field goal for SDSU's Carlson

- - - Updated - - -

Sack and a fumble near midfield with 22 second left. SDSU keeps the ball

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 05:50 PM
Sack and a fumble near midfield with 22 second left. SDSU keeps the ball

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 05:53 PM
Time out for SDSU with one second left. Hail Mary coming?

- - - Updated - - -

Pass interception and a return to the WIU 23 as time expires. Overtime

- - - Updated - - -

About 10 degrees wind chill right now at Western Illinois.

- - - Updated - - -

Not a lot of fans in the stands.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 05:56 PM
Western Illinois on offense first

- - - Updated - - -

Watson runs for 3.

Grizalltheway
November 21st, 2015, 05:56 PM
One of the funniest sights of the day was just watching the girls in the stands at Southern Utah trying to dance ...

They're Mormons, dancing is strictly verboten.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 05:57 PM
Fade route deep is off hands and well defended. 3rd and 7 for WIU from the 22

- - - Updated - - -

Completion for WIU on third and long at the 2.

- - - Updated - - -

They're Mormons, dancing is strictly verboten.
Still, it was hilarious. So was the taco-eating contest.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 06:00 PM
Watson gets outside and scores for the Leathernecks

- - - Updated - - -

Extra point for Western Illinois is good and its 24-17 over South Dakota State. The pressure is on the No. 4-ranked team in FCS.

- - - Updated - - -

Paris stumbles for 1 to the 24 for SDSU

Grizalltheway
November 21st, 2015, 06:00 PM
Montana has their starting QB back... is all that has happened - The same guy that helped them beat NDSU

That and the last two defenses they've faced were absolutely abysmal.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 06:04 PM
Dangerous pass is tipped by WIU and caught at the 12 for a SDSU first down

- - - Updated - - -

Christian on the read option run outside to the eight.

- - - Updated - - -

Fade route for the TD and SDSU is an extra point away from the tie

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Tied at 24 and headed for OT No. 2

mvemjsunpx
Hard to believe that the MEAC is going to use Sagarin ratings to decide who goes to the "Celebration Bowl." Harder to believe the MEAC voted to play in this stupid bowl. It is going to make the talent in the MEAC slip even further.

So… did NC A&T tank it in the hopes of making the playoffs? xlolx;)

Seriously, though, I think NC A&T's Sagarin lead might've been too big for them not to get the Celebration Bowl berth.

Mr. C
Portland State has gone back up on EWU 20-17 midway through the third quarter

Ivytalk
November 21st, 2015, 06:05 PM
Jeez, C, so much multitasking! Amphetamines?

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 06:07 PM
SDSU with the ball at the 25

- - - Updated - - -

Paris with some hard-running yards to the 18

- - - Updated - - -

Paris grinds out a first down to the 12

- - - Updated - - -

Portland State into EWU territory again.

- - - Updated - - -

Slant looks like it is open, incomplete

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 06:14 PM
Christian with a gingerly run to the 13, but there is also illegal motion. Penalty declined. 3rd and 10.

- - - Updated - - -

Christian is sacked at the 19. 4th down and field goal time for SDSU

- - - Updated - - -

Saunders on the sack. FGA from 36

- - - Updated - - -

Nearly blocked and the FGA sails wide into the wind at the right.

- - - Updated - - -

All WIU needs is a score

- - - Updated - - -

McGuire gets one to the 24 for WIU. 2nd and 9

- - - Updated - - -

A pass is open and incomplete at the goal line, but pass interference on SDSU.

- - - Updated - - -

First down at the 9

- - - Updated - - -

Run by Watson for 3 to the 6. 2nd and goal

- - - Updated - - -

McGuire read option to the right and into the end zone

Final from Macomb

Western Illinois 30, South Dakota State 24

- - - Updated - - -

And no, WIU is NOT going to the playoffs

- - - Updated - - -

Charleston Southern is down 56-6 to Alabama late in the fourth period

- - - Updated - - -

TD run for SUU after a nice drive makes it Northern Arizona 24, Southern Utah 21 with 9:34 left in the third.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 06:16 PM
Central Arkansas gets an early field goal to lead Sam Houston State 3-0 with 12:12 in the first period

caribbeanhen
November 21st, 2015, 06:16 PM
- - - Updated - - -

ever notice he still wears his UD blue under the Sammy shirt

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 06:19 PM
Southern Illinois has cut Northern Iowa's lead to 28-21 in the third, but the Panthers are threatening.

- - - Updated - - -

Missed tackle on a pass to the edge and UNI has another TD.

- - - Updated - - -

Northern Iowa 35, Southern Illinois 21

- - - Updated - - -

Big run for Northern Arizona to near the SUU red zone

Mr. C
November 21st, 2015, 06:21 PM
Overstreet with a TD run after some nice passing and Sam Houston State leads Central Arkansas 7-3 with 11 minutes left in the first period

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

He is a UD alum. I still have all of my Fresno State red and blue.