PDA

View Full Version : The official word on SRO

chattanoogamocs
December 11th, 2006, 02:34 PM
Ok, so I called GCSEC president Merrill Eckstein, he said that it is officially a sellout and that they had even moved the UMass band to the east end zone (under the scoreboard) to accommodate as many as possible in the stands.

So, standing room only tickets will be available on Friday afternoon at walk-up. Because of security and safety issues, no more will be allowed on the grassy end, but they will have tickets for the plaza.

Merrill would not commit to a set number that will be sold, but a secondary source I spoke to said that the number would probably be somewhere around 1,000.

(on a side note: is it not ironic that for some many years people have bagged on the locals for not "supporting" the event...this year they have sold record numbers locally...and there are not enough tickets for the fans of the teams...of course, as Merrill said...sellouts are a good problem to have)

KiddBrewer
December 11th, 2006, 02:57 PM
so they are going to sell them on site only.........so if you drive there and they are sold out, youre screwed, correct?

KiddBrewer
December 11th, 2006, 02:57 PM
how many tickets was UMass allotted, anybody really know that?

chattanoogamocs
December 11th, 2006, 02:59 PM
so they are going to sell them on site only.........so if you drive there and they are sold out, youre screwed, correct?

Sadly...basically...yeah.

Though I am sure there will be plenty of scalpers too.

thmst30
December 11th, 2006, 03:03 PM
so they are going to sell them on site only.........so if you drive there and they are sold out, you're screwed, correct?
Yea I don't like that idea at all. I already got tickets, but you would certainly sell them if you offered them beforehand. If they do the walk up only, they may not sell as many, so they are not helping themselves out by doing that.

ASU Kep
December 11th, 2006, 03:13 PM
Yea I don't like that idea at all. I already got tickets, but you would certainly sell them if you offered them beforehand. If they do the walk up only, they may not sell as many, so they are not helping themselves out by doing that.

How many people are honestly going to drive that far not knowing if they'll be able to get in? This seems ridiculous. I thought nobody was going to be turned away?!?

Isn't there anywhere else convenient we could host this thing with a lot more seating?!?

appfan2008
December 11th, 2006, 03:13 PM
I wish they would sell the SRO tickets online also

penguin8797
December 11th, 2006, 03:15 PM
At least the stadium will be filled and look good for TV.

WUTNDITWAA
December 11th, 2006, 03:15 PM
I'm sorry, but this just sucks the big one. SRO tickets should be sold like the others on line. I don't see my group traveling that distance to maybe get in.

gamesaver22
December 11th, 2006, 03:16 PM
Can we get a possible break down of where the tickets went?

How many were sold in the Chatanooga? App? Umass?

thmst30
December 11th, 2006, 03:16 PM
How many people are honestly going to drive that far not knowing if they'll be able to get in? This seems ridiculous. I thought nobody was going to be turned away?!?

Isn't there anywhere else convenient we could host this thing with a lot more seating?!?
They may have to start looking into that once Chatty's contract is up.

WUTNDITWAA
December 11th, 2006, 03:17 PM
Move it to Knoxville. No seating issues there.

ASU Kep
December 11th, 2006, 03:20 PM
I mean, I understand we want the stadium to look full and all even if two non-local teams are playing but considering how quickly this thing has sold out, it's just ridiculous.

GrizDen
December 11th, 2006, 03:25 PM
(on a side note: is it not ironic that for some many years people have bagged on the locals for not "supporting" the event...this year they have sold record numbers locally...and there are not enough tickets for the fans of the teams...of course, as Merrill said...sellouts are a good problem to have)

The first sell out for the 10th Anniversary game at Chatty can be attributed to two key factors:
1) Having Apps State in the game to go for "back to back" championships doesn't hurt.
2) Having the consistency of hosting the game in Chattanooga has increased the locals knowledge and appreciation of I-AA/FCS football. So kudos for the locals for embracing it :thumbsup:

With that said, I'm still not a huge fan of the game being in Chattanooga on a permanent basis. But if the Griz make it to the game in the future, I'd go regardless of the location, yes that includes Chatty. There was a recent thread of about 12+ pages, so for those of you that want to see the additional thoughts on locations vs. keeping it in Chattanooga, a quick search will lead you the way.

chattanoogamocs
December 11th, 2006, 03:25 PM
I love it...people complain because we don't sell enough tickets...now they complain because it is a sellout.

WUTNDITWAA
December 11th, 2006, 03:27 PM
Not comalaining that it's a sell out. I'm complaining that the SRO tix won't be sold on the internet.

thmst30
December 11th, 2006, 03:28 PM
Not comalaining that it's a sell out. I'm complaining that the SRO tix won't be sold on the internet.
YEA why not do everything they can to get as many in as possible. They said no fan would be turned away. Well they will be if they drive down there to find no tickets left. Just put them online, or let people call in, it just makes more sense.

MYTAPPY
December 11th, 2006, 03:29 PM
The SRO tickets are probably not actual "tickets" and there is no way of selling them on the internet. They could be just pieces of paper they hand out or a hand stamp.

thmst30
December 11th, 2006, 03:31 PM
The SRO tickets are probably not actual "tickets" and there is no way of selling them on the internet. They could be just pieces of paper they hand out or a hand stamp.
Hmm, well thats true, but they could always check IDs at the ticket pickup window.

WUTNDITWAA
December 11th, 2006, 03:32 PM

Could be, but I doubt it works that way. Not in the days of computer-based sales. They have to have a way to account the ticket to the $$$ sales. Would be easy to get lost if they just went to "vouchers"

ASU Kep
December 11th, 2006, 03:33 PM
If we can pack in like 160% over capacity into the Rock, I don't see why it'd be such a danger to do it in Chatty. Let the people sit on the damn hill! I doubt the UMASS band will take up the whole darn thing.

thmst30
December 11th, 2006, 03:35 PM
If we can pack in like 160% over capacity into the Rock, I don't see why it'd be such a danger to do it in Chatty. Let the people sit on the damn hill! I doubt the UMASS band will take up the whole darn thing.
Yea sitting on the hill is not dangerous at all. They should allow it. What happened to the proposed renting bleachers.

WUTNDITWAA
December 11th, 2006, 03:35 PM
Besides, if hands were stamped, if there were a need to issue a rain check -say the lights went out and they couldn't restore power - there would be no way of preserving the stamp, though anyone who bought their way into the gate would, by law, have to be allowed in on the reschedule date.

In other words. The SRO tickets will be actual tickets.

WUTNDITWAA
December 11th, 2006, 03:36 PM
Yea sitting on the hill is not dangerous at all. They should allow it. What happened to the proposed renting bleachers.

Sounds like a case of coming down to brass tacks. Easy to talk when there's empties.

SoCon48
December 11th, 2006, 03:38 PM
Ok, so I called GCSEC president Merrill Eckstein, he said that it is officially a sellout and that they had even moved the UMass band to the east end zone (under the scoreboard) to accommodate as many as possible in the stands.

So, standing room only tickets will be available on Friday afternoon at walk-up. Because of security and safety issues, no more will be allowed on the grassy end, but they will have tickets for the plaza.

Merrill would not commit to a set number that will be sold, but a secondary source I spoke to said that the number would probably be somewhere around 1,000.

Yeah, I'm going to drive a couple hundred miles and find out if i can get a ticket when i get there.:rolleyes:

Lizzie_ASUband
December 11th, 2006, 03:42 PM
let's just hope that they don't move us, we're about 75 people smaller (give or take) than umass so maybe they won't

ASU Kep
December 11th, 2006, 03:44 PM
let's just hope that they don't move us, we're about 75 people smaller (give or take) than umass so maybe they won't

Both bands in the endzone would kinda suck, to be honest. Everything would be garbled out.

WUTNDITWAA
December 11th, 2006, 03:47 PM
Both bands in the endzone would kinda suck, to be honest. Everything would be garbled out.

Yeah, but if it meant ME getting in...xlolx

ASU Kep
December 11th, 2006, 03:50 PM
Yeah, but if it meant ME getting in...xlolx

True. 75 members down or not, I have faith our Marching Mountaineers would drown out the Minutemen if called upon to free up seating. :nod:

Lizzie_ASUband
December 11th, 2006, 03:54 PM
we poss. could but i doubt they would put us together with the umass band b/c of safety reasons.

also, we would trade time-outs etc. so nothing would be garbled out. we play when they dont and they play when we don't, plus i think we're splitting halftime. its respect thing

ps. to all those you keep yelling at us to play, if we're not, theres a damn good reason why. some people dont seem to understand that if we play during a time when the ball is in play, the team can get a penalty (or something like that).

penguin8797
December 11th, 2006, 04:04 PM
It looks like the end zone 'hill' at Finley Stadium is less that 15 yards wide and fairly flat and very close to the end zone. I was trying to compare with App States which I thought looked pretty big on TV. I checked the university site and read the following abomination!!

Men's Varsity
Appalachian fields 10 varsity sports for men, which compete in the Southern Conference NCAA Division I-A (football is I-AA).

Tell however runs the site that
1) There is no longer a Div 1-A or D1-AA and
2) There never was a Div 1-A or 1-AA outside of football

Just a pet peeve.... but to see it on ASU's own web site....$%&*#@&^!!

BigApp
December 11th, 2006, 04:31 PM
our guys are a little busy this week. Besides, the name doesn't officially change until Friday, IIRC

AppStateMan
December 11th, 2006, 04:48 PM
we poss. could but i doubt they would put us together with the umass band b/c of safety reasons.

also, we would trade time-outs etc. so nothing would be garbled out. we play when they dont and they play when we don't, plus i think we're splitting halftime. its respect thing

ps. to all those you keep yelling at us to play, if we're not, theres a damn good reason why. some people dont seem to understand that if we play during a time when the ball is in play, the team can get a penalty (or something like that).

I'm in the MB and I sure as hel* dont want to sit in the end zone. I am a HUGE ASU fan and I want a good seat just like everyone else. We are fans too!!!!

appfan2008
December 11th, 2006, 04:48 PM
I think both bands should be on the hill...
As a former band member I definately wouldnt mind
Last year we took up a bunch of that could have been sold to regular fans.
Putting the band in the endzone frees up more than 300 tix

AppStateMan
December 11th, 2006, 04:50 PM

Easy for you to say that now

ncguitarplyr
December 11th, 2006, 04:56 PM
ASU Allotment of National Championship Tickets Sold Out
by Appalachian Sports Information

December 11, 2006 - BOONE, N.C. — Appalachian State University’s allotment of 7,500 tickets for Friday’s NCAA Division I Football national championship game officially sold out at 1:45 p.m. on Monday.

Chattanooga officials are in discussions about making a limited number of standing-room-only tickets available. If standing-room tickets are released, they will be available here.

Demand for Appalachian’s ticket allotment was unprecedented. ASU’s campus phone system, which allows for 300 calls to a specific number during a five-minute period, received 1,741 incoming calls to the athletics ticket office during a five-minute interval at one point on Monday morning.

Top-seeded Appalachian (13-1) and No. 3 Massachusetts (13-1) will square off for the national title on Friday evening at 8 p.m. at Chattanooga’s Finley Stadium.

so they say if they make SRO tickets available they will be made available here: http://sabo.seatadvisor.com/sabo/servlets/EventSearch?searchMode=presenter&presenter=UTCA&venue=finley

Mountaineer#96
December 11th, 2006, 05:00 PM

Thats because they are gonna throw them on E-Bay or stand outside the stadium this year to make $$$$$$$$$.........

Lizzie_ASUband
December 11th, 2006, 05:29 PM
I'm in the MB and I sure as hel* dont want to sit in the end zone. I am a HUGE ASU fan and I want a good seat just like everyone else. We are fans too!!!!

calm down clayton. i was just saying....they wouldn't put us with the umass band unless absolutely necessary

appfan2008
December 11th, 2006, 05:54 PM
As a former band I know it wouldnt be fun for the band, but it may be the best thing to put them in the endzone and let more people in.

APPST '93
December 11th, 2006, 06:11 PM

Calm down. You are going to be in the stadium. Just think if we didn't take the band. You would be paying for your trip and trying to find a ticket.

I'm not trying to be an ass but just letting you know you do have something that others don't...ands that a ticket to see the game.

ASUGirl703
December 11th, 2006, 06:43 PM
Calm down. You are going to be in the stadium. Just think if we didn't take the band. You would be paying for your trip and trying to find a ticket.

I'm not trying to be an ass but just letting you know you do have something that others don't...ands that a ticket to see the game.

Good Point. I guess I'm just excited and read to see some FOOTBALL!!!

AppStateMan
December 11th, 2006, 06:59 PM

Good point! Just excited and I wan't to make sure I see all the action!!

Lizzie_ASUband
December 11th, 2006, 07:00 PM

last year we were crammed into a little section. and last year we def. didnt have 300 tixs for the band either.

chattanoogamocs
December 11th, 2006, 08:56 PM
So I got a call about an hour after I posted and was now told that the NCAA officials would be in town on Tuesday morning and they would decide as a group (with UTC/Stadium/GCSEC officials) after looking at the stadium layout, how many more could safely be allowed into the stadium.

After that is done, something will be announced officially...and apparently it is not set in stone that the SRO will be held until Friday...they could be released earlier.

I was promised a phone call tomorrow as soon as they finished...and, of course, AGS will be the first place I post. :thumbsup:

thmst30
December 11th, 2006, 09:00 PM
So I got a call about an hour after I posted and was now told that the NCAA officials would be in town on Tuesday morning and they would decide as a group (with UTC/Stadium/GCSEC officials) after looking at the stadium layout, how many more could safely be allowed into the stadium.

After that is done, something will be announced officially...and apparently it is not set in stone that the SRO will be held until Friday...they could be released earlier.

I was promised a phone call tomorrow as soon as they finished...and, of course, AGS will be the first place I post. :thumbsup:
Great to hear.

December 11th, 2006, 09:12 PM
our guys are a little busy this week. Besides, the name doesn't officially change until Friday, IIRCI-AA passed on when they announced the field for the NCAA DIVISION I FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP on 11/19/2006:
2006 NCAA Division I Football Championship Bracket Announced
http://www.collegesportingnews.com/article.asp?articleid=82311
The field of 16 teams competing for the 2006 Division I Football Championship was announced today by the NCAA Division I Football Championship Committee. Appalachian State University (10-1) tops the bracket as the No. 1 seed and will look to defend its national championship. ...

thmst30
December 11th, 2006, 09:15 PM
I-AA passed on when they announced the field for the NCAA DIVISION I FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP on 11/19/2006:
Yea and one of the top places on the net to get FCS news is Sportsnetwork.com, but they still call it 1-A, and 1-AA.

chattanoogamocs
December 11th, 2006, 09:17 PM
what matters the most is that it says it on the field and endzone at Finley :thumbsup:

http://www.mocfans.com/images/endzone.jpg

December 11th, 2006, 09:18 PM
Yea and one of the top places on the net to get FCS news is Sportsnetwork.com, but they still call it 1-A, and 1-AA.My pal, the only I-AA/FCS writer at sportsnetwork.com has never called it "1-A" or "1-AA." :p Check out www.collegesportingnews.com and www.i-aa.org for the leading publisher of national news.

ngineer
December 11th, 2006, 09:25 PM
what matters the most is that it says it on the field and endzone at Finley :thumbsup:

So I guess all that work in painting the nice logo on the hill under the scoreboard goes for naught if the band is going to be 'sitting on it'...Never sat on a logo myself..;) :D

thmst30
December 11th, 2006, 09:25 PM
Depends on what you consider "top places" but my pal, the only I-AA/FCS writer at sportsnetwork.com has never called it "1-A" or "1-AA." :p
Top places as in they actually keep it updated with the top stories of FCS, unlike most. Its not the best place though.

AppStateMan
December 11th, 2006, 09:26 PM
Ralph,
Will the ASU Band be in the endzone?

thmst30
December 11th, 2006, 09:28 PM

Looking at that, I can see putting bleachers at the top of that hill on the flat part, and also allowing people to sit on the hill. No reason not to.

December 11th, 2006, 09:29 PM
Top places as in they actually keep it updated with the top stories of FCS, unlike most. Its not the best place though.There's only CSN/I-AA.org and TSN. Both are updated about the same (though TSN is a score service so their scores are more updated live and CSN is more columnist centered so the columns are updated more quickly). What's your point?

chattanoogamocs
December 11th, 2006, 09:30 PM
So I guess all that work in painting the nice logo on the hill under the scoreboard goes for naught if the band is going to be 'sitting on it'...Never sat on a logo myself..;) :D

actually, they wouldn't be sitting on top of the hill...at the top of that there is a concrete walkway from side to side...that is where they would be...I assume on bleachers (I don't think they would make them stand there for 3-4 hours).

If anyone sits on the hill, they are going to have a green arse...the whole thing was sprayed green to make it look prettier on TV :)

Lizzie_ASUband
December 11th, 2006, 09:33 PM
actually, they wouldn't be sitting on top of the hill...at the top of that there is a concrete walkway from side to side...that is where they would be...I assume on bleachers (I don't think they would make them stand there for 3-4 hours). is that right below the scoreboard?

thmst30
December 11th, 2006, 09:34 PM
There's only CSN/I-AA.org and TSN. Both are updated about the same (though TSN is a score service so their scores are more updated live and CSN is more columnist centered so the columns are updated more quickly). What's your point?
Just that its definitely going to take a a while before everyone takes 1-AA off their site.

thmst30
December 11th, 2006, 09:35 PM
If anyone sits on the hill, they are going to have a green arse...the whole thing was sprayed green to make it look prettier on TV :)
Hmm yea that most likely kills that idea. Unless everyone brought blankets that they don't care about. Wonder if it stains bad?

December 11th, 2006, 09:37 PM
Just that its definitely going to take a a while before everyone takes 1-AA off their site.That is for sure. I-AA that is. :p Heck CSN had I-AA on their site after the change!

chattanoogamocs
December 11th, 2006, 09:43 PM
Hmm yea that most likely kills that idea. Unless everyone brought blankets that they don't care about. Wonder if it stains bad?

I think all along, putting people in the grass was not an option because the bottom of that hill is about 15 feet from the endzone...way to open access to the field for most to feel comfortable about...the plan they have had would be to allow people to be up on the concourse area.

I think that is why they are talking of putting the band(s) there, because they are not likely to try and charge the field (though it will still happen...it is a little more manageable coming from the sides)...then put the rest of the SRO in the plaza (which is a story above ground).

I have gotten some conflicting info from Eckstein, then Scott Smith (VP of the GCSEC)...I think the first thing I was told (and I made sure to say that this was to be on the record and would be posted) was more what the GCSEC was going to propose to the NCAA officials tomorrow...but not necessarily what would be set in stone now.

So even though the info I gave was from an official source, I guess it was not as accurate as I first thought (I think the problem might have been that because I used to work for Merrill...he was still just giving me his thoughts and it didn't 100% dawn on him that I would be reporting it "nationally" on AGS :))

..the word must have gotten around quick because I got a call from the Times-Free Press about 20 minutes later...then from the GCSEC right after that clarifying...then from the UTC ticket office.

All hail the power of the internet!!!!!

Lizzie_ASUband
December 11th, 2006, 09:50 PM
I think that is why they are talking of putting the band(s) there, because they are not likely to try and charge the field (though it will still happen...it is a little more manageable coming from the sides)...then put the rest of the SRO in the plaza (which is a story above ground). you bet we won't be rushing the field. believe it or not, it is possible to fail band and the grades have NOT been turned in yet.

next year i won't be in band though mwuahahaha

thmst30
December 11th, 2006, 09:51 PM
I think all along, putting people in the grass was not an option because the bottom of that hill is about 15 feet from the endzone...way to open access to the field for most to feel comfortable about...the plan they have had would be to allow people to be up on the concourse area.

I think that is why they are talking of putting the band(s) there, because they are not likely to try and charge the field (though it will still happen...it is a little more manageable coming from the sides)...then put the rest of the SRO in the plaza (which is a story above ground).

I have gotten some conflicting info from Eckstein, then Scott Smith (VP of the GCSEC)...I think the first thing I was told (and I made sure to say that this was to be on the record and would be posted) was more what the GCSEC was going to propose to the NCAA officials tomorrow...but not necessarily what would be set in stone now.

So even though the info I gave was from an official source, I guess it was not as accurate as I first thought (I think the problem might have been that because I used to work for Merrill...he was still just giving me his thoughts and it didn't 100% dawn on him that I would be reporting it "nationally" on AGS :))

..the word must have gotten around quick because I got a call from the Times-Free Press about 20 minutes later...then from the GCSEC right after that clarifying...then from the UTC ticket office.

LOL, well good job on keeping us updated. Hopefully it will all be worked out tomorrow.

appfan2008
December 11th, 2006, 10:01 PM

Thanks so much for all your great work Chattanoogamocs!
I know you said you would but make sure and let us know as soon as you know something. I sure as heck will be checking back all day for a final answer!

Mountaineer#96
December 11th, 2006, 10:06 PM
Yeah we appreciate it...............b/c we all still need some tickets, especially the people who already have hotels booked (me) :bang: :bang:

appfan2008
December 11th, 2006, 11:08 PM
Yeah we appreciate it...............b/c we all still need some tickets, especially the people who already have hotels booked (me) :bang: :bang:

Go ahead and come to Chatty I am sure either SRO will open up or scalpers will be all over the place. We want everyone to come that wants to

December 11th, 2006, 11:28 PM
I think all along, putting people in the grass was not an option...That was definitely an option last year and told to me this morning for this year... things have changed! :nod:

Mountaineer#96
December 12th, 2006, 12:11 AM
Go ahead and come to Chatty I am sure either SRO will open up or scalpers will be all over the place. We want everyone to come that wants to
Scalpers piss me off, they are low lifes who prey on people's sport passions. I will find a way although, adapt and overcome.

Peems
December 12th, 2006, 12:38 AM
Scalpers piss me off, they are low lifes who prey on people's sport passions. I will find a way although, adapt and overcome.

thats an interesting look at it. maybe they are people who bought the tickets and then realized they couldnt go and sell them so someone else can enjoy the game. the people who scalp at griz games are just trying to make some money back on the tickets they are not using and usually they just sell em for face value.

Mountaineer#96
December 12th, 2006, 01:22 AM
thats an interesting look at it. maybe they are people who bought the tickets and then realized they couldnt go and sell them so someone else can enjoy the game. the people who scalp at griz games are just trying to make some money back on the tickets they are not using and usually they just sell em for face value.
I mean do you really think that would be the case here since demand is soo high? I doubt it. I would say the one's we will see in Chatty 80 percent are looking to make a profit 20 percent just bought one too many.

chattanoogamocs
December 12th, 2006, 03:29 AM
partial quote from this morning's Times-Free Press...

"Based on what happened last year, I would say we were hoping and expecting a capacity or at least near-capacity situation this year," said Damani Leech, the NCAA’s director of baseball and football.

(GCSEC VP Scott) Smith said he felt Chattanoogans "started turning the corner" in supporting the game last year, and he said there has never been more excitement for it.

"It’s becoming what we always hoped it would become, a big deal locally," he said.

Smith said the official attendance Friday could be as much as 22,000. The Chattanooga record for the I-AA final is last year’s 20,136. "I’m not even sure I can really speculate until we talk with the NCAA and with the stadium, though," he said. "There would be some security issues and other issues to work out."

If the 22K quote holds true...that would be about 1,400 SRO.

BTW...if anyone wants to read the local T-FP coverage, there are 8 articles posted on Mocfans.com from the last 3 days...

http://p197.ezboard.com/fmoctalkfrm3

chattanoogamocs
December 12th, 2006, 01:15 PM
the latest I got...

All the NCAA folks wont be in town until this afternoon, so they will not officially meet until this evening (and the box office will already be closed), so anything concrete wont happen until Wednesday morning.

NativeAppy
December 12th, 2006, 01:46 PM
the latest I got...

All the NCAA folks wont be in town until this afternoon, so they will not officially meet until this evening (and the box office will already be closed), so anything concrete wont happen until Wednesday morning.

thanks for all the info. what about parking around the stadium? I remember last year we parked behind some abandoned warehouse a long way from the stadium. thought we were going to miss kickoff

appfan2008
December 12th, 2006, 01:53 PM
according to gomocs.com there is plenty of parking but looking at satellite imagery of the area I must say it just does not look like enough, any suggestions chattanoogamocs?

AppAlum2003
December 12th, 2006, 01:53 PM
article from gomocs.com....

"December 11, 2006

NCAA Division I Football Championship Game Tickets Sold Out

Tickets to the 2006 NCAA Division I Football National Championship Game, being offered through UTC, are sold out.

In the event that standing room only tickets are made available, these will immediately be offered for sale on-line at this site and by calling the UTC ticket office at 423-266-6627.

Please continue to refer to www.GoMocs.com for more information."

thmst30
December 12th, 2006, 02:03 PM
thanks for all the info. what about parking around the stadium? I remember last year we parked behind some abandoned warehouse a long way from the stadium. thought we were going to miss kickoff
Same here, just parked on some muddy road beside the warehouse. Long walk, but got there in time.

Griswold
December 12th, 2006, 02:11 PM
Last year I parked under and overpass (15 minute walk). When I got out of my car some guy walked by and told me he'd watch my car for $10! At that point I figured it was going to get broken into either way so I saved my $10. Thankfully nothing happend.

BeauFoster
December 12th, 2006, 02:17 PM
We ended up parking next to what appeared to be an abandoned truck yard with several broken down beer trucks parked inside a fence. It was somewhat of a haul back to the car, but I didn't care.

chattanoogamocs
December 12th, 2006, 02:24 PM
There is a good amount of parking around the stadium (sadly, parking is not usually a problem for UC games :(), but obviously it will be tougher with a sellout.

My only suggestion is that you park from the stadium North (towards downtown and the river).

The South direction (other side of the interstate) is a little sketchy...but there is strength in numbers and the police will be out in force patrolling the area (they obviously don't want anything bad to happen to out of town visitors).

...and they will have the national guard there too for security (it is still weird seeing that much...armed...security, but it is a national event afterall)

I was trying to find out if they were doing any free shuttles to the game (park downtown and ride).

BeauFoster
December 12th, 2006, 02:28 PM
There is a good amount of parking around the stadium (sadly, parking is not usually a problem for UC games :(), but obviously it will be tougher with a sellout.

My only suggestion is that you park from the stadium North (towards downtown and the river).

The South direction (other side of the interstate) is a little sketchy...but there is strength in numbers and the police will be out in force patrolling the area (they obviously don't want anything bad to happen to out of town visitors).

...and they will have the national guard there too for security (it is still weird seeing that much...armed...security, but it is a national event afterall)

I was trying to find out if they were doing any free shuttles to the game (park downtown and ride).

How quickly do you think the lot outside of the Pavillion will fill up?

Griswold
December 12th, 2006, 02:29 PM
In all fairness, I did arrive in Chattanooga late and got into the stadium right as the Army Skydivers where landing in the stadium (with their black and gold :nod: :nod: :nod: ). It was easy to get right back on the interstate though.

MYTAPPY
December 12th, 2006, 04:49 PM
Last year I arrived at the parking lot right in front of the stadiudm(visitor side) around 2 o'clock. I had no problem. Plenty of spaces were available around that time.