PDA

View Full Version : South Dakota State @ Western Illinois

Jacks02
November 20th, 2015, 09:52 AM
Figured this deserves its own thread.

SDSU is attempting to lock up its first ever Top 8 seed, while WIU is trying to finish with a winning record and give itself an outside shot at a playoff birth.

Forecast is getting iffier by the day, and Macomb is now on the edge of a potentially significant snowstorm.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21850&stc=1

SDSU has won the last 7 in the series, here are the game notes (http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPID=7153&DB_OEM_ID=15000&ATCLID=210512699) from SDSU.

SDSU has a long history of success in bad weather, including last year's 59-24 drubbing of WIU in the snow in Brookings. I expect the streak to continue with a 34-14 victory for the Jacks in the snow.

Bisonator
November 20th, 2015, 09:59 AM
SDSU is relying on the passing game too much this year though so if you guys don't get the run game going it could be interesting.

REALBird
November 20th, 2015, 10:05 AM
SDSU is relying on the passing game too much this year though so if you guys don't get the run game going it could be interesting.

A dry field would have me give the edge to SDSU and their mobile QB. But in a slush fest without the ability to throw the ball. This one is decided between the tackles. SDSU's mobile QB vs. WIU's beefy RB. I'm thinking that WIU could fall forward for 2-3 yards a carry and get first downs all day.

Jacks02
November 20th, 2015, 10:07 AM

I'll contend that it can be easier to pass in the snow than run in the snow. Harder to defend Wieneke when you don't have any footing.

CappinHard
November 20th, 2015, 10:10 AM
If the hourly weather predictions are correct (lord knows they rarely are), the chance of snow drop to zilch tomorrow at 1 p.m., which is game time. So the field might be covered in snow, but it likely won't be snowing during the game. Still going to be at or below 30, with winds from 15-20 mph. I don't see WIU keeping this one close. Here are the scores from the past 7 years:

2007: 29-26 WIU 4 OT thriller
2008: 24-22 SDSU
2009: 27-7 SDSU
2010: 33-29 SDSU
2011: 27-7 SDSU
2012: 31-10 SDSU
2013: 38-14 SDSU
2014: 59-24 SDSU

Jacks have had their number for the past 7 years, leading to easy wins the last 4 years, I don't see that changing this year.

My prediction: Jacks win 34-10.

CappinHard
November 20th, 2015, 10:13 AM
A dry field would have me give the edge to SDSU and their mobile QB. But in a slush fest without the ability to throw the ball. This one is decided between the tackles. SDSU's mobile QB vs. WIU's beefy RB. I'm thinking that WIU could fall forward for 2-3 yards a carry and get first downs all day.

By my calculations, 2-3 yards a carry will definitely not give you first downs all day. Unless you plan on going for it on 4th down every time. xsmiley_wix

Seriously though, see SDSU's game last year for how a snowy cold game between these two teams plays out. We were able to throw all we wanted. Sumner threw for 366 yds and a career high 6 TDs.

wretched
November 20th, 2015, 10:20 AM
I think WIU keeps it close but SDSU wins 20-17.

Bisonator
November 20th, 2015, 10:21 AM
I'll contend that it can be easier to pass in the snow than run in the snow. Harder to defend Wieneke when you don't have any footing.

Not so much the snow but the wind could be an issue for the passing game.

IBleedYellow
November 20th, 2015, 10:23 AM
The last time I watched SDSU play in snow they completely destroyed an EIU team.

If it's a Snow game, Bunnies win.

EDIT: However, they did have Zenner for that game.

UNIFanSince1983
November 20th, 2015, 10:28 AM
If the hourly weather predictions are correct (lord knows they rarely are), the chance of snow drop to zilch tomorrow at 1 p.m., which is game time. So the field might be covered in snow, but it likely won't be snowing during the game. Still going to be at or below 30, with winds from 15-20 mph. I don't see WIU keeping this one close. Here are the scores from the past 7 years:

Jacks have had their number for the past 7 years, leading to easy wins the last 4 years, I don't see that changing this year.

This WIU team is different from the ones in the past they are better. I haven't seen our fronts on both offense and defense get manhandled like they did against WIU.

I mean just look at the previous scores of NDSU vs USD: 54-0, 42-0, 47-7, and then what happened this year. I wouldn't say you will 'dominate' them just because of previous scores.

That being said I would probably still pick SDSU to win. WIU just hasn't looked the same since they beat us, and without Norvell who knows if they can pull this off.

ST_Lawson
November 20th, 2015, 10:31 AM
Not so much the snow but the wind could be an issue for the passing game.

Current forecast says 20+ mph wind for at least the first 2 hours of the game.

Professor Chaos
November 20th, 2015, 10:35 AM
This WIU team is different from the ones in the past they are better. I haven't seen our fronts on both offense and defense get manhandled like they did against WIU.

I mean just look at the previous scores of NDSU vs USD: 54-0, 42-0, 47-7, and then what happened this year. I wouldn't say you will 'dominate' them just because of previous scores.

That being said I would probably still pick SDSU to win. WIU just hasn't looked the same since they beat us, and without Norvell who knows if they can pull this off.
It was definitely a different WIU team in the trenches that showed up in Fargo than the one you saw in Cedar Falls. NDSU's O and D-lines did the manhandling that day. WIU actually did very well the year before against NDSU so I'm inclined to think that was just a bad day for them (coupled with a good day for the Bison). So the question is will the good WIU or the bad WIU show up in the trenches tomorrow?

X-Factor
November 20th, 2015, 10:36 AM

NDSU had a substantially more one sided series versus USD and look how that turned out for us this year.

Bisonator
November 20th, 2015, 10:36 AM
It was definitely a different WIU team that showed up in Fargo than the one you saw in Cedar Falls. NDSU's O and D-lines did the manhandling that day. WIU actually did very well the year before against NDSU so I'm inclined to think that was just a bad day for them (coupled with a good day for the Bison). So the question is will the good WIU or the bad WIU show up in the trenches tomorrow?

You could pose this same question about nearly every FCS team this season. SDSU has had the same issues as has NDSU!xrotatehx

BisonFan02
November 20th, 2015, 10:49 AM
SDSU is playing for a bye....if they were to lose....hello first round play in game with the winner headed to Fargo...might even draw UND if they beat Cal Poly.

CappinHard
November 20th, 2015, 11:00 AM
SDSU is playing for a bye

I believe this will be the motivation that drives SDSU this weekend. We have never had a seed before, we crave it badly.

CappinHard
November 20th, 2015, 11:01 AM
NDSU had a substantially more one sided series versus USD and look how that turned out for us this year.

If WIU catches lightning in a bottle like USD did this year, then yes, WIU will win. Impossible to predict something like that though.

BisonFan02
November 20th, 2015, 11:03 AM
I believe this will be the motivation that drives SDSU this weekend. We have never had a seed before, we crave it badly.

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/scrapbook/453108/cp_pic6.jpg

Thundar
November 20th, 2015, 11:12 AM
wiu wins

Professor Chaos
November 20th, 2015, 11:22 AM
The only way I think SDSU loses is if they have a let down and I just don't see that with what's at stake.

Then again I'm going to be rooting for the Jacks because I want to see some new blood in the Fargodome in the playoffs this year.

CappinHard
November 20th, 2015, 11:23 AM
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/scrapbook/453108/cp_pic6.jpg

But, It's got electrolytes... lol, good movie.

BisonFan02
November 20th, 2015, 12:16 PM
But, It's got electrolytes... lol, good movie.

Its also what you REALLY crave..... xlolx

ST_Lawson
November 20th, 2015, 12:43 PM
SDSU having a hard time getting "on the road". 4" of snow reported at the Sioux Falls airport, with areas of 8-9" in other parts of Sioux Falls.

As of about an hour ago, SF area sportswriter Matt Zimmer tweeted: "So now, after two hours, they're letting USF off its plane. USD downstairs waiting to check in. SDSU stuck at their gate. Long day ahead." (https://twitter.com/argusmattz/status/667760162896150529)

According to current forecasts, supposed to keep snowing for another couple of hours at least.

EDIT:

Here's the current weather map (http://i.imgur.com/zEE8mGm.gif). They're supposed to be flying from Sioux Falls to Peoria (https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SCX8653/history/20151120/1700Z/KFSD/KPIA) (pretty sure that's their flight), so you can see how there might be some issues.

Bisonator
November 20th, 2015, 01:21 PM
And people say Fargo's weather sucks. xlolx

UNIFanSince1983
November 20th, 2015, 01:24 PM
This same storm is moving through CF right now. Going to make it difficult for me to get back for the basketball vs North Carolina and football vs SIU tomorrow.

Jacks02
November 20th, 2015, 01:33 PM
SDSU having a hard time getting "on the road". 4" of snow reported at the Sioux Falls airport, with areas of 8-9" in other parts of Sioux Falls.

As of about an hour ago, SF area sportswriter Matt Zimmer tweeted: "So now, after two hours, they're letting USF off its plane. USD downstairs waiting to check in. SDSU stuck at their gate. Long day ahead." (https://twitter.com/argusmattz/status/667760162896150529)

According to current forecasts, supposed to keep snowing for another couple of hours at least.

EDIT:

Here's the current weather map (http://i.imgur.com/zEE8mGm.gif). They're supposed to be flying from Sioux Falls to Peoria (https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SCX8653/history/20151120/1700Z/KFSD/KPIA) (pretty sure that's their flight), so you can see how there might be some issues.

About as heavy of snow as I've seen, must have close to 12" at my place in Sioux Falls. It's a bit lighter on the north side where the airport is located, but still probably heavy enough that it will be some time before they can get going. Hopefully the Jacks can make it out of town safely.

Jacks02
November 20th, 2015, 01:36 PM
Here is a pic of the USF football team getting off the plane after sitting for over 2 hours waiting to take off.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21854&stc=1

ST_Lawson
November 20th, 2015, 01:40 PM
About as heavy of snow as I've seen, must have close to 12" at my place in Sioux Falls. It's a bit lighter on the north side where the airport is located, but still probably heavy enough that it will be some time before they can get going. Hopefully the Jacks can make it out of town safely.

Yea, I've been following some of the local news guys on twitter that are traveling with their teams. SDSU (game in Macomb, IL), USD (game in Normal, IL), and University of Sioux Falls (DII playoff game in Arkansas) are apparently all stuck at the SF airport. USF crew was on their plane, but apparently something happened and the plane got pushed/pulled/slid off the runway and they were stuck. They were sitting on the plane for ~4 hours before they finally were able to let them off to get back into the airport.

Stay safe....Hanson Field isn't going anywhere (although I'm not sure what the playoff selection protocol is if a game happens to have to be postponed to Sunday or something).

Laker
November 20th, 2015, 02:06 PM
Yea, I've been following some of the local news guys on twitter that are traveling with their teams. SDSU (game in Macomb, IL), USD (game in Normal, IL), and University of Sioux Falls (DII playoff game in Arkansas) are apparently all stuck at the SF airport. USF crew was on their plane, but apparently something happened and the plane got pushed/pulled/slid off the runway and they were stuck. They were sitting on the plane for ~4 hours before they finally were able to let them off to get back into the airport.

Stay safe....Hanson Field isn't going anywhere (although I'm not sure what the playoff selection protocol is if a game happens to have to be postponed to Sunday or something).

Both USF and Augustana are in our conference. Augie landed in Medfore, OR last night on their way to Humboldt State. The other three teams are stuck in Sioux Falls at my last contact with Matt Witwicki, who is the NSIC blogger.

MSU-Mankato hosts Emporia State at 1 PM tomorrow for a D2 playoff game. I assume that the Hornets are coming up by bus. I haven't heard how their progress is going.

CappinHard
November 20th, 2015, 02:58 PM

True, that would make things very interesting... Anyone know what would happen? Looks like the storm should move out of sioux falls before too long, but then the trouble is it will be hitting Peoria before too long.

Missingnumber7
November 20th, 2015, 02:59 PM
True, that would make things very interesting... Anyone know what would happen? Looks like the storm should move out of sioux falls before too long, but then the trouble is it will be hitting Peoria before too long.

And then the bus ride after you land in Peoria

BisonTru
November 20th, 2015, 03:05 PM

Wow, this could get interesting. Looking at the radar when/if you can get out of Sioux Falls this storm is going to be covering IL. It looks like it's going to be tough to get there tonight.

PantherRob82
November 20th, 2015, 03:06 PM
Here they make it sound like Peoria isn't going to get much snow.

CappinHard
November 20th, 2015, 03:08 PM
Wow, this could get interesting. Looking at the radar when/if you can get out of Sioux Falls this storm is going to be covering IL. It looks like it's going to be tough to get there tonight.

Sounds like it's not going to turn into snow until like 3 or 4 a.m. because it will stay warm enough. They should be fine.

clenz
November 20th, 2015, 05:08 PM
Days like tomorrow and Youll wish you had a dome to play in 70 degree weather

For reference of this storm: the university of Iowa said if the forecast holds it will be the coldest game played in akin nick Stadium history. It will likely be the snowiest as well

Kinnick opened in1929 for reference

Thumper 76
November 20th, 2015, 05:25 PM
Cause we have never had a cold snowy game in Brookings. Sure a dome is comfy, but give me outdoors any time. Frozen tundra baby. Maybe being from Northern Wisconsin has something to do with my feelings on that.

ST_Lawson
November 20th, 2015, 05:27 PM
Days like tomorrow and Youll wish you had a dome to play in 70 degree weather

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'll be fine. I've played a trombone in 20 degrees at playoff games and I run outside as long as it's above 0. I know how to layer up when I need to.

BisonTru
November 20th, 2015, 06:56 PM
Did the SDs teams get in the air yet?

ST_Lawson
November 20th, 2015, 06:59 PM
Did the SDs teams get in the air yet?

I just posted some info over at the main MVFC thread: http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?169899-MVFC-2015-Edition&p=2289208&viewfull=1#post2289208

Sycamore62
November 20th, 2015, 07:37 PM
Id rather play on the road in a dome than at home in the cold.

clenz
November 20th, 2015, 08:36 PM
Id rather play on the road in a dome than at home in the cold.
Yup

Macho "football should be played outside" bravado aside there is no question the dome is vastly superior to watch a game in on days like tomorrow

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Sycamore62
November 20th, 2015, 09:44 PM
The last game I played, it started snowing at the end of practice in terre haute and continued till we got to Cedar Falls. There was a foot of snow on the ground and none on the field.

If football weather was freezing ass cold in the rain, they would start it in November

Bisonoline
November 20th, 2015, 10:43 PM
The last game I played, it started snowing at the end of practice in terre haute and continued till we got to Cedar Falls. There was a foot of snow on the ground and none on the field.

If football weather was freezing ass cold in the rain, they would start it in November

LOL xthumbsupxxbowx. Great quote. Just to let you know I will be using it in the future. xnodx

Thumper 76
November 21st, 2015, 12:37 AM

Well to be fair one of the games most famous games ever played is called the Ice Bowl, and one of if not the most famous field is called the frozen tundra. And if it wasn't meant to be played in the cold and elements, it probably wouldn't end in January. Just my $.02

Thumper 76
November 21st, 2015, 12:39 AM
I should add that it's not easy to watch in the cold and wind, but some of the most fun games I have played in and watched were pretty ruggedly cold with snow and wind, or rain and mud.

UNIFanSince1983
November 21st, 2015, 07:48 AM
At least in a game in a dome you get to find out who the better team actually is.

clenz
November 21st, 2015, 08:12 AM
Well to be fair one of the games most famous games ever played is called the Ice Bowl, and one of if not the most famous field is called the frozen tundra. And if it wasn't meant to be played in the cold and elements, it probably wouldn't end in January. Just my $.02

It didn't always end in Jan.

It's why the Super Bowl, bigger Bowl games, and the title game is played either in doors or locations it's not supposed to be snowy and cold

clenz
November 21st, 2015, 08:17 AM
Time lapse from 630 last night until 8 this morning

https://vimeo.com/146488847

I would bet we only got 6 inches or so

Sycamore62
November 21st, 2015, 08:37 AM
I attribute our lack of late season attendance more to weather than performance. Id take a small dome any day. I didnt like playing on grass either unless its early in the season at an SEC school. Otherwise the footing always made me nervous of an injury. Ironic since the turf i played on was the carpet style and higher injury rates.

ST_Lawson
November 21st, 2015, 08:40 AM
I attribute our lack of late season attendance more to weather than performance. Id take a small dome any day. I didnt like playing on grass either unless its early in the season at an SEC school. Otherwise the footing always made me nervous of an injury. Ironic since the turf i played on was the carpet style and higher injury rates.

This is true. We'd probably not drop off quite as badly on attendance late in the season if people were indoors for it. Like, I'm fully expecting that at today's game there'll be the teams, parents of the players, the band, myself, and maybe 100 other hardcore fans. Although part of that is because the majority of our students are back home ~3 hours away by now.

Sycamore62
November 21st, 2015, 08:44 AM
Its snowing in charleston. Not sticking. Not sure what to expect in terre haute except to watch a game with parents and die hards

ST_Lawson
November 21st, 2015, 09:03 AM
Its snowing in charleston. Not sticking. Not sure what to expect in terre haute except to watch a game with parents and die hards

View out my back window (https://i.imgur.com/yw3OObg.jpg) (roughly 3/4 of a mile from Hanson Field). It's sticking, but it's not very deep yet. Only supposed to get a total of ~1 inch and we're probably around half that right now. You can still see grass sticking up. It's pretty wet snow though and it's right about freezing right now, so some of it is probably still melting when it hits the ground.

Hanson Field should be pretty much fine, but it won't be fun after the game, when the temperature is headed down and the slush starts freezing on the road. Winds are ~25 MPH with gusts above 35.

EDIT:
Matt Zimmerman, the sports writer with SDSU, just posted this to twitter: https://twitter.com/argusmattz/status/668082774373441536

Sycamore62
November 21st, 2015, 09:19 AM
View out my back window (https://i.imgur.com/yw3OObg.jpg) (roughly 3/4 of a mile from Hanson Field). It's sticking, but it's not very deep yet. Only supposed to get a total of ~1 inch and we're probably around half that right now. You can still see grass sticking up. It's pretty wet snow though and it's right about freezing right now, so some of it is probably still melting when it hits the ground.

Hanson Field should be pretty much fine, but it won't be fun after the game, when the temperature is headed down and the slush starts freezing on the road. Winds are ~25 MPH with gusts above 35.

EDIT:
Matt Zimmerman, the sports writer with SDSU, just posted this to twitter: https://twitter.com/argusmattz/status/668082774373441536

It is now sticking. I'm hoping the roads don't look like that picture on my drive. I hate having to gameplan my game watching comfort strategy. Most of the time it's just who will watch my 6&3 yr olds.

Evolution Prime
November 21st, 2015, 09:57 AM
Picture of the field
https://twitter.com/EvolutionPrime/status/668094202132107264

waverly_panther
November 21st, 2015, 10:10 AM
The stands will look very close to that at kickoff.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Kemo
November 21st, 2015, 10:11 AM
Picture of the field
https://twitter.com/EvolutionPrime/status/668094202132107264

I have a feeling the crowd in Macomb is going to deafening.

ST_Lawson
November 21st, 2015, 10:32 AM
I have a feeling the crowd in Macomb is going to deafening.

The silence might be. If you're watching on ESPN3, you'll probably be able to hear the individual people yelling from the stands.

My prediction, 1,200 reported....probably will feel like half that.

PantherRob82
November 21st, 2015, 10:34 AM
The silence might be. If you're watching on ESPN3, you'll probably be able to hear the individual people yelling from the stands.

Yell stuff about AGS then.....

"No cops!"

ST_Lawson
November 21st, 2015, 10:38 AM
Yell stuff about AGS then.....

"No cops!"

"Where's the Abiline Christian Ballgirl!"
"Hi Clenz!"

stuff like that?

Sycamore62
November 21st, 2015, 10:40 AM
I may do that at ISUb. I'll make pelini jokes during the officials calls.

ST_Lawson
November 21st, 2015, 10:43 AM
I may do that at ISUb. I'll make pelini jokes during the officials calls.

"At least you didn't go 9 and 4!"
"Where's your cat?"

PantherRob82
November 21st, 2015, 10:59 AM
Now I definitely want to watch your games. xlolx

goyotes
November 21st, 2015, 11:24 AM
Start time to be delayed to an as of yet undetermined time. http://goleathernecks.com/news/2015/11/21/FB_1121151811.aspx?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

PantherRob82
November 21st, 2015, 11:26 AM
Start time to be delayed to an as of yet undetermined time. http://goleathernecks.com/news/2015/11/21/FB_1121151811.aspx?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Thanks for the update. I got stuck working today even though we won't have any customers. Enjoying getting paid to watch football. :)

goyotes
November 21st, 2015, 11:32 AM
Thanks for the update. I got stuck working today even though we won't have any customers. Enjoying getting paid to watch football. :)

Sounds like a good day for ESPN3

ST_Lawson
November 21st, 2015, 11:32 AM
Yea, SDSU football team was stuck behind an accident between Peoria and Macomb. They're supposedly moving now. I've heard that ~2:30 PM is likely start time at this point (barring any more scenes from "Planes, Trains & Automobiles").

PantherRob82
November 21st, 2015, 11:35 AM
Sounds like a good day for ESPN3

Currently watching WM-Rich.

At noon I'll switch to the MVFC games.

Theee Catrabbit
November 21st, 2015, 11:52 AM
This has been a terrible trip for the Jacks so far and worthy of a Holiday movie......hope they didn't leave anyone behind.....

ST_Lawson
November 21st, 2015, 12:31 PM
2:30 PM kickoff is official now

Thumper 76
November 21st, 2015, 12:47 PM
Yea, SDSU football team was stuck behind an accident between Peoria and Macomb. They're supposedly moving now. I've heard that ~2:30 PM is likely start time at this point (barring any more scenes from "Planes, Trains & Automobiles").

Add to it that according to the radio, half their luggage ended up where USD went to.

PantherRob82
November 21st, 2015, 12:49 PM
Add to it that according to the radio, half their luggage ended up where USD went to.

Go figure

ST_Lawson
November 21st, 2015, 01:16 PM
Make that 2:35 PM official start time.
Field is cleared off and teams are getting some warmups in: https://twitter.com/argusmattz/status/668145400340193281

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CUW6s5EXIAAySNN.jpg

Sycamore62
November 21st, 2015, 01:56 PM
Pelini got another UC

wretched
November 21st, 2015, 03:24 PM
WIU fans, wondering your perspective of the job Bob Nielson has done at WIU? I was a fan of his UMD teams so just wondering your perspective of how he is doing after 3 years at WIU?

dewey
November 21st, 2015, 05:35 PM
17-10 WIU leads with 810 to go and has the ball 3rd and 10 at the SDSU 16.

Come on Leathernecks!

Dewey

centennial
November 21st, 2015, 05:37 PM
17-10 WIU leads with 810 to go and has the ball 3rd and 10 at the SDSU 16.

Come on Leathernecks!

Dewey

I would rather play someone other than SDSU.

Twentysix
November 21st, 2015, 05:38 PM
I would rather play someone other than SDSU.

No kidding. Go jacks.

dewey
November 21st, 2015, 05:42 PM
Touchdown Jacks! 17 all with 135 to go in the 4th quarter.

Dewey

WTFCollegefootballfan
November 21st, 2015, 05:52 PM
Looks like OT.

PantherRob82
November 21st, 2015, 06:00 PM
WIU scores easy in OT. 24-17

WTFCollegefootballfan
November 21st, 2015, 06:00 PM
24 to 17 Leathernecks SDSU is taking their turn.

WTFCollegefootballfan
November 21st, 2015, 06:04 PM
SDSU ties it up.

LeeshaJo
SDSU touchdown!
2ND ot coming

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

IBleedYellow
Seriously Rabbits...don't blow this crap.

PantherRob82
November 21st, 2015, 06:09 PM
Wow...missed

Schism55
The lady leatherneck you hear screaming incessantly is entertaining my stoned ass thoroughly

BisoNick
Wow...CHOOOOOOKE job....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PantherRob82
Any points win the game for WIU

WTFCollegefootballfan
November 21st, 2015, 06:10 PM
OUCH. Missed FG. For SDSU. Now Leathernecks turn.

IBleedYellow
November 21st, 2015, 06:10 PM
Welcome back to the Fargodome for another second round playoff meeting, Rabbits.

Schism55
November 21st, 2015, 06:11 PM
Interesting development...No chance sdsu is not in the Bison draw?

WTFCollegefootballfan
November 21st, 2015, 06:11 PM
Pass interference SDSU

X-Factor
November 21st, 2015, 06:12 PM
If WIU catches lightning in a bottle like USD did this year, then yes, WIU will win. Impossible to predict something like that though.
So, lightning in a bottle? Jacks fans seem to be kings at the transitive properties of football. Welcome to a second round exit at the FFD. ;)

dwtime
November 21st, 2015, 06:13 PM
Goodbye top 4 seed

WTFCollegefootballfan
November 21st, 2015, 06:13 PM
It is over Leathernecks win.

WTFCollegefootballfan
November 21st, 2015, 06:14 PM
So is that a BAD loss or a good loss SDSU fans?

IBleedYellow
November 21st, 2015, 06:14 PM
Interesting development...No chance sdsu is not in the Bison draw?

They have to be now, I'd assume.

Stupid Rabbits, can't ever help NDSU see new teams.

No_Skill
November 21st, 2015, 06:15 PM
Looks like losing to NDSU in the playoffs is their destiny.

Schism55
November 21st, 2015, 06:15 PM

Well played sir.
/golf clap

IBleedYellow
November 21st, 2015, 06:16 PM
Rabbits.

I am disappoint.

JSUBison
November 21st, 2015, 06:17 PM
They have to be now, I'd assume.

Stupid Rabbits, can't ever help NDSU see new teams.

Devils Advocate here, with W&M losing and this being a OT loss for SDSU on the road, maybe they can still nab the 8 seed?

Bisonwinagn
November 21st, 2015, 06:17 PM
They could still be an 8 seed we will have to see.

X-Factor
November 21st, 2015, 06:18 PM
curious to know....

IBleedYellow
November 21st, 2015, 06:19 PM
Devils Advocate here, with W&M losing and this being a OT loss for SDSU on the road, maybe they can still nab the 8 seed?

Playoff committee likes to see teams trending upward.

SDSU beat USD by 7 and lost to WIU in OT.

That's not trending up.

Thumper 76
November 21st, 2015, 06:23 PM

Bad loss.

mmiller_34
November 21st, 2015, 06:25 PM
WIU is a good team. But, if we were truly the #5 team in the nation it's a win we should have had.

leatherneck177
November 21st, 2015, 06:35 PM
So, does western get in as third place team in MVFC?

Or do they need a UNI loss?

BisonFan02
November 21st, 2015, 06:36 PM
SDSU.......you had ONE job.......

Twentysix
November 21st, 2015, 06:37 PM
So, does western get in as third place team in MVFC?

Or do they need a UNI loss?

I think UNI will be the third place team though.

I can't believe we beat WIU 59-7... What the heck explains the difference?

leatherneck177
November 21st, 2015, 06:38 PM
I think UNI will be the third place team though.

I can't believe we beat WIU 59-7... What the heck explains the difference?

even if UNI wins, western won the head to head and has tiebreakers over both UNI and Sdsu.

Twentysix
November 21st, 2015, 06:40 PM
even if UNI wins, western won the head to head and has tiebreakers over both UNI and Sdsu.

Ah! It's harder to keep track of that stuff now that ESPN has dumped all of the FCS schedules.

IBleedYellow
WIU is a good team. But, if we were truly the #5 team in the nation it's a win we should have had.

You should have beaten USD and WIU by a combined 80 or more points.

Sort of like NDSU should have as well.

CappinHard
So, lightning in a bottle? Jacks fans seem to be kings at the transitive properties of football. Welcome to a second round exit at the FFD. ;)

Ha, I'll take a big serving of crow, please. Idk how many watched the whole game, but we had a 1st and goal on the 2 yard line, about to go up 17-3 in the 3rd quarter. Then we ran a stupid wildcat play, fumbled the ball, and the game completely changed.

X-Factor
November 21st, 2015, 06:41 PM
WIU has a heck of resume. I say they are in. Maybe even a lock with a UNI loss.

IBleedYellow
November 21st, 2015, 06:42 PM
WIU has a heck of resume. I say they are in. Maybe even a lock with a UNI loss.

Probably the best 6 win team in the country...but I don't see them getting in.

WTFCollegefootballfan
November 21st, 2015, 06:58 PM
So SDSU drops to 5th in the conference. If UNI wins.

clenz
November 21st, 2015, 07:00 PM
zero chance a 5th place conference team gets a seed, especially when they lost to 3 of the 4 in front of them

Twentysix
November 21st, 2015, 07:01 PM
So SDSU drops to 5th in the conference. If UNI wins.

Yeah.

1. 1. NDSU 9-2
2. 1b. ISUR 9-2
3. 3. WIU 6-5
4. 3b. UNI 7-4
5. 3c. SDSU 8-3

Assuming UNI victory.

X-Factor
November 21st, 2015, 07:07 PM
I would say 5 MVFC teams absolutely deserve a playoff spot no question at all. Will that happen? Questionable....

Bisonwinagn
November 21st, 2015, 07:19 PM
Yeah.

1. 1. NDSU 9-2
2. 1b. ISUR 9-2
3. 3. WIU 6-5
4. 3b. UNI 7-4
5. 3c. SDSU 8-3

Assuming UNI victory.

That's not conference games so meaningless.

Bisonwinagn
November 21st, 2015, 07:20 PM
Ha, I'll take a big serving of crow, please. Idk how many watched the whole game, but we had a 1st and goal on the 2 yard line, about to go up 17-3 in the 3rd quarter. Then we ran a stupid wildcat play, fumbled the ball, and the game completely changed.

I was going to ask why the coaches are stupid enough to run wildcat when they have a good running QB? It seems really idiotic to me.

WTFCollegefootballfan
November 21st, 2015, 07:21 PM
I would say 5 MVFC teams absolutely deserve a playoff spot no question at all. Will that happen? Questionable....
The Leathernecks should get in before Und.

X-Factor
November 21st, 2015, 07:25 PM
The Leathernecks should get in before Und.
Yet it seems the formula to a playoff bid (and subsequent first round exit) is an easy slate of wins. Here is to hoping the playoff committee understands SOS like the FBS does.

centennial
November 21st, 2015, 07:27 PM
Yet it seems the formula to a playoff bid (and subsequent first round exit) is an easy slate of wins. Here is to hoping the playoff committee understands SOS like the FBS does.
They don't at all.

clenz
November 21st, 2015, 07:36 PM
That's not conference games so meaningless.

It's based on conference record and tie break though

It's why WIU is listed a head of UNI and SDSU

FargoBison
November 21st, 2015, 07:38 PM
Rabbits you had it all wrapped up...now you will get a trip to Missoula or Fargo.

centennial
November 21st, 2015, 07:40 PM
Rabbits you had it all wrapped up...now you will get a trip to Missoula or Fargo.

Montana isn't going to be ranked.

Thumper 76
November 21st, 2015, 07:43 PM

They will outbid us, however.

FargoBison
November 21st, 2015, 07:48 PM

They will be in the playoffs and will host a first round game. SDSU is likely the team unless UND wins...that could throw a wrinkle into the mix with those two playing to go to Fargo.

mmiller_34
November 21st, 2015, 07:53 PM
SDSU is likely going to Montana.

leatherneck177
November 21st, 2015, 07:57 PM
They will be in the playoffs and will host a first round game. SDSU is likely the team unless UND wins...that could throw a wrinkle into the mix with those two playing to go to Fargo.

my guess is WIU goes out west to Montana and yes I think the necks get in. Some breaks have gone or are going their way today. I think final two spots come down to EIU, WIU, UND and WCU. Of course it is biased.

BisonTru
November 21st, 2015, 08:02 PM
my guess is WIU goes out west to Montana and yes I think the necks get in. Some breaks have gone or are going their way today. I think final two spots come down to EIU, WIU, UND and WCU. Of course it is biased.

I think you have a shot, I wouldn't get your hopes too high, though. I also think EIU is in. They could pair you two up and send it through Normal. I know you met OOC, but there is nothing in the rules that says they can't match you guys up again.

leatherneck177
November 21st, 2015, 08:07 PM
I think you have a shot, I wouldn't get your hopes too high, though. I also think EIU is in. They could pair you two up and send it through Normal. I know you met OOC, but there is nothing in the rules that says they can't match you guys up again.

Im not too high, just my opinion. Really can't argue but when you look at some of the 7-4 teams like Towson, NAU, EIU etc they are really weak wins. Can't blame EIU, they did go 7-1 in conference, but Western pummeled them.

But yes, should WIU and EIU get in, I think they play at Eastern.

Sycamore62
November 21st, 2015, 08:11 PM
Im not too high, just my opinion. Really can't argue but when you look at some of the 7-4 teams like Towson, NAU, EIU etc they are really weak wins. Can't blame EIU, they did go 7-1 in conference, but Western pummeled them.

But yes, should WIU and EIU get in, I think they play at Eastern.

I'll drive across town to watch that. Full Sycamore gear of course

ST_Lawson
November 21st, 2015, 08:16 PM
Should Western get in...I think so.
Will Western get in...I doubt it.

We couldn't get anything moving late in the game against Youngstown State. We play that game like we played against EIU, UNI, SDSU, or USD and we toast the Penguins. We just couldn't get it done and I think we'll be outside looking in to the bubble tomorrow morning. I'll be very pleasantly surprised if we do make it in, but I think it's still a long shot.

I think the committee is going to look more at the 6-5 rather than the 5-3 in the conference, tied with UNI and SDSU, holding tiebreakers over both.
Toughest schedule in the FCS?....doesn't matter...we didn't win 7. Suck it up and lets do better next year.

FargoBison
November 21st, 2015, 08:23 PM
I don't like WIU's chances at all..6-5 is 6-5 unfortunately. The committee has enough seven DI win teams and they've never shown a 6-5 MVFC team any love.

leatherneck177
November 21st, 2015, 08:25 PM
Should Western get in...I think so.
Will Western get in...I doubt it.

We couldn't get anything moving late in the game against Youngstown State. We play that game like we played against EIU, UNI, SDSU, or USD and we toast the Penguins. We just couldn't get it done and I think we'll be outside looking in to the bubble tomorrow morning. I'll be very pleasantly surprised if we do make it in, but I think it's still a long shot.

I think the committee is going to look more at the 6-5 rather than the 5-3 in the conference, tied with UNI and SDSU, holding tiebreakers over both.
Toughest schedule in the FCS?....doesn't matter...we didn't win 7. Suck it up and lets do better next year.

ill agree in part, it is the ultimate test for the committee in regards to a 6-5 team. Top 3 SOS, 3 wins against likely playoff teams, third place in MVFC, solid resume.

but yeah YSU loss hurts.

ST_Lawson
November 21st, 2015, 08:27 PM
ill agree in part, it is the ultimate test for the committee in regards to a 6-5 team. Top 3 SOS, 3 wins against likely playoff teams, third place in MVFC, solid resume.

but yeah YSU loss hurts.

That's true. I think if they're ever going to allow in a 6-5 team to the playoffs...this would be the one to set the precedent. It's never happened before, but we've never had a 24-team playoff with this many at-large spots before (now that the MEAC is doing their own thing).

PantherRob82
November 21st, 2015, 08:28 PM
I think WIUs biggest issue is that they started hot and cooled off. Get the doors blown off in Fargo didn't help.

Professor Chaos
November 21st, 2015, 08:29 PM
WIU needs to be big Cal Poly fans right now. If UND loses the Leathernecks have a real shot IMO.

ST_Lawson
November 21st, 2015, 08:52 PM
WIU needs to be big Cal Poly fans right now. If UND loses the Leathernecks have a real shot IMO.

Down 21-0 early in the 2nd....aw come on.