PDA

View Full Version : Liberty to build a new indoor practice facility

knucklehead
November 20th, 2015, 07:51 AM
Big announcement last night. http://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cfm?PID=10869&NewsID=15671&TeamID=

The facility will be built in front of the Williams Football Operations Center at Williams Stadium, in place of the team's current grass practice field. Work is expected to begin after the end of the football season and is scheduled to be completed by Spring 2017.
"It's really important for football programs to have that ability to practice year-round," said Jeff Barber, director of athletics. "In bad-weather situations, it gives us extra practice time; we don't lose time on the field due to rain, snow, and ice."

UNHWildcat18
November 20th, 2015, 08:06 AM
Big announcement last night. http://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cfm?PID=10869&NewsID=15671&TeamID=

Lol you guys live in ****ing Virginia, you aren't having nor'easters december-March. Very nice to have but didn't know it was a priority for them..

Sycamore62
November 20th, 2015, 08:34 AM
More actual reasons why the G5 doesnt want do deal with them.

centennial
November 20th, 2015, 08:37 AM
More actual reasons why the G5 doesnt want do deal with them.

We have a new indoor practice facilities too. The G5 doesn't like the academics and the degree mill, the money isn't an issue .

Sycamore62
November 20th, 2015, 08:45 AM
We have a new indoor practice facilities too. The G5 doesn't like the academics and the degree mill, the money isn't an issue .

I suspect the it is an issue for the G5 that desperately need teams in their conference.

AmsterBison
November 20th, 2015, 08:52 AM
Lol you guys live in ****ing Virginia, you aren't having nor'easters december-March. Very nice to have but didn't know it was a priority for them..

VA probably doesn't get Alberta Clippers at the beginning of November either. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOXkT107x2E

I just love posting that video.

walliver
November 20th, 2015, 09:08 AM

G5 conferences aren't generally known for their academics. There are a few well-respected schools in the G5, but I can't think of a single G5 conference where academics are a uniting factor.

Sycamore62
November 20th, 2015, 09:09 AM
Money is the uniting factor in everything

everything

everything

centennial
November 20th, 2015, 10:26 AM
G5 conferences aren't generally known for their academics. There are a few well-respected schools in the G5, but I can't think of a single G5 conference where academics are a uniting factor.
Liberty and Coastal are in the bottom 4th of the Sun Belt academically. Coastal got a pass because of no religious angle. Both are poor academically for any G5. There is a reason no one will take Boise State in P5, because they are poor by G5 standard. Winning can only go so far. This is why JMU won't join the Sub Belt.

SENOREIDA
November 20th, 2015, 10:27 AM
What academics? xlolx

jsnow84
November 20th, 2015, 10:12 PM
Read an article the other day where LU had the highest % of their Law students passing the bar in the state of VA. That is pretty impressive. Not sure how that relates to the regular student body. Their online programs are accredited by the same regional entities as all major universities. I know their Chancellor graduated with a law degree from UVA and is focused on improving academics. Not sure I would say they are a diploma mill. I actually think they are ahead of the curve regarding online education. More and more schools are going that direction every day. I believe it will be norm in the next 10-20 years.
No, I did not graduate from LU, just a FCS/BSC junkie. Know a lot of people with ties to the conference, AD's, players, officials,media types,etc.

melloware13
November 20th, 2015, 10:51 PM
VA probably doesn't get Alberta Clippers at the beginning of November either. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOXkT107x2E

I just love posting that video.
I had a HS game like that on Thanksgiving (me in band), and they decided to plow the snow off the grass field. Needless to say, our white pants got wrecked.

Thumper 76
November 21st, 2015, 01:07 AM
I had a HS game like that on Thanksgiving (me in band), and they decided to plow the snow off the grass field. Needless to say, our white pants got wrecked.

When we had a snow game like that, they used a snow blower for the lines, and left the rest. Guys getting tackled and coming up with face masks filled with snow. Good times

Dane96
November 21st, 2015, 10:54 AM
Read an article the other day where LU had the highest % of their Law students passing the bar in the state of VA. That is pretty impressive. Not sure how that relates to the regular student body. Their online programs are accredited by the same regional entities as all major universities. I know their Chancellor graduated with a law degree from UVA and is focused on improving academics. Not sure I would say they are a diploma mill. I actually think they are ahead of the curve regarding online education. More and more schools are going that direction every day. I believe it will be norm in the next 10-20 years.
No, I did not graduate from LU, just a FCS/BSC junkie. Know a lot of people with ties to the conference, AD's, players, officials,media types,etc.

Until you realize two things:

1) The State of VA is one of a very few states that don't require you to go to law school to take the Bar; and
2) Liberty IS LYING. The states first time passage rate is around 73%. Liberty's first time passage rate: A HORRIFIC 50%. That's incredibly low. The overall rate for passage in VA is 68%, while Liberty comes in at 43%. DISGUSTING.

'Dem be the facts.

jsnow84
November 21st, 2015, 02:24 PM
Until you realize two things:

1) The State of VA is one of a very few states that don't require you to go to law school to take the Bar; and
2) Liberty IS LYING. The states first time passage rate is around 73%. Liberty's first time passage rate: A HORRIFIC 50%. That's incredibly low. The overall rate for passage in VA is 68%, while Liberty comes in at 43%. DISGUSTING.

'Dem be the facts.

Don't want to get in a pissing contest, because I don't really care, (except for my own credibility), but this is the article I read. Seems pretty legit. I know figures lie and liars figure, but this was written just a few weeks ago and supposedly reflects the July 2015 results. I would think if it is false information someone would have called them on it since outside sources are quoted.

Liberty has best passage rate among VA law schools for July Bar Exam

October 30, 2015 Among all Virginia law schools, Liberty University School of Law (http://www.liberty.edu/law/) graduates had the highest Virginia Bar Exam pass rate among first-time test takers on the July 2015 Bar Examination.
“This achievement by our 2015 graduates is something of which to be very proud,” said B. Keith Faulkner, dean of Liberty’s School of Law. “Liberty Law is a school community focused on excellence and the success of our graduates on the Virginia Bar Exam is evidence of this commitment by students, graduates, faculty, and staff. It is an exciting time to be a part of Liberty University School of Law and Liberty University.”
According to information published by the Virginia Board of Bar Examiners (http://barexam.virginia.gov/bar/barstats.html), 93.33 percent of Liberty’s first-time test takers passed, ahead of Washington and Lee University (91.49 percent), the University of Virginia (89.58), and the College of William & Mary (88.57) graduates. This percentage is nearly 20 points higher than the average passage rate (75.62 percent) in the commonwealth.
Liberty’s overall percentage (77.27), including those retaking the Bar Exam, is also above the commonwealth average (71.05).
“The Virginia Bar exam results reflect a faculty committed to helping students succeed and a willingness to engage in constant self evaluation to improve the delivery of our program of legal education,” said Rena Lindevaldsen, Liberty Law’s associate dean for academic affairs. (Lindevaldsen served as interim dean of the law school from October 20, 2014-Oct. 1, 2015.) “Even more importantly, the success this year in Virginia reflects a student body who trusted their faculty to equip them with the tools to succeed and then dedicated the countless, exhausting hours of study needed to pass.”

Also this month, the School of Law’s Moot Court Team was featured in preLaw Magazine (http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/cypress/prelaw_2015fall/index.php#/14) and ranked among the top 20 (at No. 11) moot court programs nationally.

Dave195
November 21st, 2015, 02:57 PM
That Jesus money flows like wine in bible belt country huh?