PDA

View Full Version : The Pot is Boiling at Lafayette College

Go...gate
July 5th, 2005, 03:11 PM
A report on the Fordham Board indicates that Lafayette will be undertaking a $20M renovation of their FB stadium, training and office facilities. An article on the Lafayette website re: their new President also seems to show that a showdown is pending on the issue of non-football scholarships. Should Lafayette elect to follow its non-military academy brethren in the Patriot league, this would mean athletic scholarships in most sports except football. Bottom line is that a move like this by Lafayette is very important for the future health and stability of the Patriot League.

Engineer91
July 6th, 2005, 08:31 AM
I hope Laffayette goes through with their stadium plans. Maybe we can get the women to go back there for a game. Last time we were there they all told us that they would never go back to that $#^% hole.

Anyone have more info on the stadium plans? I don't see anything on the Lafayette Football page. Cosmo???

colgate13
July 6th, 2005, 08:49 AM
Great to hear. I hope Weiss cleans house and gets the Pards in order. A healthy, scholarship laden and agressive Lafayette is great for the PL.

cosmo here
July 6th, 2005, 10:54 AM
I hope Laffayette goes through with their stadium plans. Maybe we can get the women to go back there for a game. Last time we were there they all told us that they would never go back to that $#^% hole.

Anyone have more info on the stadium plans? I don't see anything on the Lafayette Football page. Cosmo???

not sure what you're referring to in the first couple lines, but i'll promise that the "new" Fisher will be safe for both women and children.

from what i've heard, it's finalized and now specific details are being worked out. not sure when all of this will be announced but the donors are definitely in place. lack of a release shouldn't be looked at as lack of progress.

Engineer91
July 6th, 2005, 12:10 PM
not sure what you're referring to in the first couple lines, but i'll promise that the "new" Fisher will be safe for both women and children.

from what i've heard, it's finalized and now specific details are being worked out. not sure when all of this will be announced but the donors are definitely in place. lack of a release shouldn't be looked at as lack of progress.

Sorry ... all the wives/girlfriends/mothers of the people I tailgate with don't want to go back to the old Fisher Field ... mostly becasue of the insufficient bathroom facilities at the stadium.

Does the plan continue to be removing the track from between the field and the home stands and making everyhting more cozy? Grass or turf? Splinters or no splinters? Bathrooms or no-bathrooms. How much visitor side seating and how much extra seating will you be able to add? Will you allow the sound guy who installs your system adjust it so that anouncements and music can be heard or will you continue to allow someone to crank it well beyond distortion?