PDA

View Full Version : UNI vs SIU - the quest for dome win 200

clenz
November 16th, 2015, 03:46 PM
UNI enters this game with a home record of 199-51-1 in the UNIDome (79.3%). Doing some numbers for this post I can only come up with 49 losses though - so win % of 80.1%

This is the 40th season of the UNIDome, so it would be pretty neat to get home win 200 in the final regular season home game of the 40th season.

As the week goes on I've got some fun numbers I'm crunching I'll post...

So...hopefully we don't lose this weekxcoffeex

UNIFanSince1983
November 16th, 2015, 03:51 PM
Wouldn't be the first time we would make a run at the playoffs then blow it in the last game...

clenz
November 16th, 2015, 03:52 PM
Wouldn't be the first time we would make a run at the playoffs then blow it in the last game...
Also wouldn't be the last.

underdawg
November 16th, 2015, 04:27 PM
Lennon is 5-2 against Panthers and 2-1 at the Uni-Dome--but that was done when the Salukis had an actual Defense

Top SIU running back Daquan Isom is done with two game suspension and will be playing in this one--but still have 2-3 starters out with injuries including Center and suspended DE Adam Brandt.

clenz
November 16th, 2015, 04:41 PM
Iannotti is going to be carted off the field on a stretcher if he drops back 63 times and carries the ball 24 times against this UNI defense.

Just throwing that out there.

UNI Pike
November 16th, 2015, 05:13 PM
Iannotti is a talent. I've been impressed with his ability so far in limited viewed of games this season. Hopefully none of that talent shines through Saturday.

JayJ79
November 16th, 2015, 07:25 PM
does that 199-51-1 take into account the home opener in 1998 against McNeese that was played at the Waterloo high school stadium due to the Dome roof replacement work running long?

Thumper 76
November 17th, 2015, 07:34 PM
I know it wouldn't be great for the conference, but I wouldn't be upset if UNI didn't win and missed the playoffs since I would guess the get fed into SDSU, and even if we pulled out a W from the game we would be banged up after it I guarantee. Nothin against UNI at all, it's just business.

PantherRob82
November 17th, 2015, 08:22 PM
I know it wouldn't be great for the conference, but I wouldn't be upset if UNI didn't win and missed the playoffs since I would guess the get fed into SDSU, and even if we pulled out a W from the game we would be banged up after it I guarantee. Nothin against UNI at all, it's just business.

I would think we get the Redbirds before you.

JayJ79
November 17th, 2015, 09:57 PM
I dunno, I could see them sending UNI through SDSU this time, just to switch it up from last year. It's a bus trip either way, and there may be other teams within bus range of Illinois State.

on a side note, I wonder if in situations like SDSU's, playing somewhere other than their home stadium, if the travel distance (for the bus/air travel reimbursement distinction) is calculated from Sioux Falls now instead of Brookings. Not that it matters much. as any possible team in playoff contention that is within 400 miles of Brookings is also within 400 miles of SF, and vice versa.

Redbird 13
November 17th, 2015, 10:03 PM

Eastern Illinois, Eastern Kentucky and Dayton are other candidates to head to Normal. A lot more options this year, and that's just fine with me if UNI goes elsewhere.

PantherRob82
November 17th, 2015, 10:10 PM
Eastern Illinois, Eastern Kentucky and Dayton are other candidates to head to Normal. A lot more options this year, and that's just fine with me if UNI goes elsewhere.

I think EIU comes to us and the winner comes to you

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 18th, 2015, 06:41 AM
A UNI team firing on all cylinders is one that could beat anyone in the country.

UNIFanSince1983
November 18th, 2015, 08:23 AM
A UNI team firing on all cylinders is one that could beat anyone in the country.

That team hasn't shown up yet this year. Defensively always on and always tough. Special teams has been hit and miss as far as kicking goes (though I think Schmadeke is getting back to himself). And the offense is going to be pretty good running wise, but passing needs to start hitting before we can do anything in the playoffs.

Hopefully it starts this weekend and carries on into the playoffs (if we can beat the Ugly Flying Lennon's).

Professor Chaos
November 18th, 2015, 08:44 AM
I would think it's more likely UNI gets sent to SDSU since they're the only school other than possibly UND that's within a bus trip of Sioux Falls but Illinois St, as Redbird 13 mentioned above, has a few more options. Even though UNI and UND are a flight away from each other I could see them paired together to eliminate a flight in the 2nd round to Sioux Falls (Fargo is just outside of bus distance from Cedar Falls).

jacksfan29
November 18th, 2015, 10:37 AM
Pretty sure that it is wishful thinking for Bison fans when it comes to UND. There is no way the committee doesn't open the door to a UND v NDSU game in the 2nd round. It is just too easy. That said, I don't see a UND v UNI matchup. Pretty sure if UND makes it, they get a BSC school in the 1st round. SUU or NAU.

I would think it's more likely UNI gets sent to SDSU since they're the only school other than possibly UND that's within a bus trip of Sioux Falls but Illinois St, as Redbird 13 mentioned above, has a few more options. Even though UNI and UND are a flight away from each other I could see them paired together to eliminate a flight in the 2nd round to Sioux Falls (Fargo is just outside of bus distance from Cedar Falls).

FargoBison
November 18th, 2015, 10:42 AM
Pretty sure that it is wishful thinking for Bison fans when it comes to UND. There is no way the committee doesn't open the door to a UND v NDSU game in the 2nd round. It is just too easy. That said, I don't see a UND v UNI matchup. Pretty sure if UND makes it, they get a BSC school in the 1st round. SUU or NAU.

Montana might need to lose for SUU-UND to happen. Seems like SUU-Montana winner to PSU is just a natural fit out west.

I think if EIU wins, they get UNI and if they lose I can see UND-UNI since both can bus to SDSU.

Professor Chaos
November 18th, 2015, 10:45 AM
Yeah, very possible. I wouldn't wish UND to a different pod though. I think NDSU matches up very well with them as evidenced by the regular season matchup. I'm sure UND is much improved and would have a better idea of what they're going into now but I still don't think it'll make a huge difference.

FWIW, I think both SDSU and UNI match up well with UND as well. UND is kind of like a developing MVFC team but they don't have the horses yet to compete with teams established with the MVFC brand of football. They're getting there though.

wretched
November 18th, 2015, 01:57 PM
Awesome thread that has drifted off topic a little. A lot of different scenerios have been discussed but what if SDSU losses to WIU, what does that do for placement of the 2 non seeded Valley teams. SDSU would no longer be a seed and would need to be routed through a seed. I imagine that would be through NDSU again, would there be other options? I don't think so. If there are actually other viable options for ISUr for the 2nd round then maybe UNI fans should be rooting for WIU so UNI is more likely to get routed through a McNeese St. or even say Portland St.(I saw both in recent projections) I imagine UNI would surely see a MVFC team in the quarters but better than in the 2nd round.

wretched
November 18th, 2015, 01:59 PM
FWIW, I think both SDSU and UNI match up well with UND as well. UND is kind of like a developing MVFC team but they don't have the horses yet to compete with teams established with the MVFC brand of football. They're getting there though.

Could not agree with this analysis more, spot on, I have watched several UND games this year and that is exactly how I see it. They are built like a Valley team. I would have no fear of them this year but in a year or two fully expect them to be the team to beat in the BSC and be a legit title contender.

Houndawg
November 19th, 2015, 10:57 AM

Even if they aren't firing on all cylinders they should win easily. We get some skill guys back but the o line is hurting and the game means nothing to us while UNI is in the playoffs with a win at home, playing against one of the worst defenses in FCS. Good news for the future is how young we are.

SIU 17 - 34 UNI

Professor Chaos
November 19th, 2015, 11:10 AM
Even if they aren't firing on all cylinders they should win easily. We get some skill guys back but the o line is hurting and the game means nothing to us while UNI is in the playoffs with a win at home, playing against one of the worst defenses in FCS. Good news for the future is how young we are.

SIU 17 - 34 UNI
What do you think about Lennon's future at SIU? I kinda thought he was on the hot seat going into the season and I can't imagine a 3-8 season helps him.

Sycamore62
November 19th, 2015, 11:30 AM
Not the right thread, but I think they should release video or transcripts of the playoff committee and their selection process. there is no need for it to be secret.

JayJ79
November 19th, 2015, 01:31 PM
Not the right thread, but I think they should release video or transcripts of the playoff committee and their selection process. there is no need for it to be secret.

I wonder if the committee actually even meets, or if the process is conducted via teleconference and/or those online meeting apps. Maybe I'll ask Troy Dannen that next time I see him.

Sycamore62
November 19th, 2015, 02:24 PM
I wonder if the committee actually even meets, or if the process is conducted via teleconference and/or those online meeting apps. Maybe I'll ask Troy Dannen that next time I see him.

they always talk about being in the room. its not that many people so id bet they are in Indy.

underdawg
November 19th, 2015, 09:52 PM
What do you think about Lennon's future at SIU? I kinda thought he was on the hot seat going into the season and I can't imagine a 3-8 season helps him.

He'll be there next year

underdawg
November 19th, 2015, 09:59 PM

SIU 17 - 34 UNI

We have scored on all the great D's--even if you toss out the 73 we scored on the Bears we averaged 32 ppg--But true our D stinks. may be closer to 35-28

Houndawg
November 20th, 2015, 07:18 PM
We have scored on all the great D's--even if you toss out the 73 we scored on the Bears we averaged 32 ppg--But true our D stinks. may be closer to 35-28

Our o line wasn't as dinged, I think that may limit what we can do on offense.