PDA

View Full Version : Grizzfann on UMass board WTF!!

GreatAppSt
December 10th, 2006, 11:44 PM
grizzfan
Freshman

Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:03 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Armanti is the real deal. I'm rooting for UMass all the way. The only way you will save yourselves is to do a high-low on him and break at least one leg. Take the 15 yard penalty; it'd be worth it. Sorry to be so blunt but this guy appears to be unstoppable.

Good luck on Friday. I'll be watching.

Tom
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If any of you good Griz folk know this weed named Tom, please punch him hard squarely in the mouth.:mad: : flamemad :mad: : flamemad :nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2:

BTW. An MSU poster, on their board, suggested the same thing last week, I've never seen serious posts of this nature from any other area of the country is this way of thinking something unique to the state of Montana?:nono:

ncguitarplyr
December 11th, 2006, 12:00 AM
well he's right lol

ASU Kep
December 11th, 2006, 12:06 AM
well he's right lol

that he is, but he's also a huge d-bag. sports is about competition and the best team winning on that day. i've never really understood cheating like this.

UMass922
December 11th, 2006, 12:09 AM
I've never seen serious posts of this nature from any other area of the country is this way of thinking something unique to the state of Montana?:nono:

The only thing serious about that post is its appreciation of Edwards' talent, which I share after watching Saturday's game. I don't think "Tom" or anyone else seriously wants to see Edwards get hurt.

PenguinPride23
December 11th, 2006, 12:09 AM
um, sarcasm maybe?

ASU Kep
December 11th, 2006, 12:17 AM
Yah, I take it as the ultimate compliment. Granted, a very d-bag thing to say, but nothing to get toooooo upset about. I have faith that the UMASS players are a little above that.

Grizo406
December 11th, 2006, 12:18 AM
The only team that could possibly beat App State for the National Championship, got beat Friday night in Missoula.;)

ASU Kep
December 11th, 2006, 12:18 AM
BTW, does this guy really think Armanti is so good that he could maybe win the game with one completely broken leg? He seems to emphasize breaking two would be preferable to one.

ASU Kep
December 11th, 2006, 12:19 AM
On second thought, it wouldn't be the first time an ASU QB won a National Championship on a hobbled leg. The man is correct, best that they "GO FOR 2". :)

Green26
December 11th, 2006, 12:25 AM
I thought UMass might be overated. I thought the Griz would beat them.

I was wrong. UMass is very good and not overated. They played great against us and deserved to win.

I think they will beat App St.

I could do without a couple of the jerk UMass posters on egriz, but I like your team.

ASU Kep
December 11th, 2006, 12:26 AM
um, sarcasm maybe?

I don't think it's sarcasm. If I did, I wouldn't find it nearly as amusing.

ASU Kep
December 11th, 2006, 12:30 AM
I thought UMass might be overated. I thought the Griz would beat them.

I was wrong. UMass is very good and not overated. They played great against us and deserved to win.

I think they will beat App St.

I could do without a couple of the jerk UMass posters on egriz, but I like your team.

I don't think UMASS is over-rated at all, but I don't think they'll win Friday night. It's amazing how nobody gives us credit for three "sound" wins over three playoff teams thus far in the tournament. UMASS is certainly the best team we've faced thus far in the bracket and I predict a close one, but I think a lot of the Griz posters here so over-rated their own team that they think UMASS is untouchable. We'll find out Friday.

UMass922
December 11th, 2006, 12:53 AM
I don't think UMASS is over-rated at all, but I don't think they'll win Friday night. It's amazing how nobody gives us credit for three "sound" wins over three playoff teams thus far in the tournament. UMASS is certainly the best team we've faced thus far in the bracket and I predict a close one, but I think a lot of the Griz posters here so over-rated their own team that they think UMASS is untouchable. We'll find out Friday.

Agreed. I think UMass has been overhyped (not the same thing as overrated) a bit, especially by Griz fans, following Friday night's win. There seems to be a phenomenon following each playoff game whereby fans (some, not all) of the losing team convince themselves that the team that beat them must be the Best Football Team in the History of Everything and should cruise to a championship. It's a coping strategy, I guess. But anyway, the UMass team I watched against Montana still seems very beatable--especially by the fast, aggressive ASU team I saw against Youngstown. I'm nervous as all hell, and I just hope we stay close enough so that by the time our final possession comes we still have a chance to win. Whether or not that happens, we will indeed find out Friday.

hApPYaPpYFan
December 11th, 2006, 07:32 AM
Even if "Tom" was being scarcastic its not something you say about a kid who has done nothing but play his butt off all year. I'm sure the UMASS team and fans are just as appaled at this statement as the ASU folks are. If this is meant to be a compliment to Armanti then I believe it could have been stated much differently. Lets all hope for a great championship game, sounds like both teams are very evenly matched. Good luck to all and safe traveling!!

james_lawfirm
December 11th, 2006, 07:34 AM
The only team that could possibly beat App State for the National Championship, got beat Friday night in Missoula.;)

Grizo:
I am not sure about the "could possibly" in the above statement. But, I sure was pulling for you guys Friday night. I wanted an ASU/Mont. re-match from the 2000 playoffs (would have preferred it in Boone, but Chatty was fine too.)

UMass looked good to me. I expect a great NC game.

james_lawfirm
December 11th, 2006, 07:36 AM
Agreed. I think UMass has been overhyped (not the same thing as overrated) a bit, especially by Griz fans, following Friday night's win. There seems to be a phenomenon following each playoff game whereby fans (some, not all) of the losing team convince themselves that the team that beat them must be the Best Football Team in the History of Everything and should cruise to a championship. It's a coping strategy, I guess. But anyway, the UMass team I watched on against Montana still seems very beatable--especially by the fast, aggressive ASU team I saw against Youngstown. I'm nervous as all hell, and I just hope we stay close enough so that by the time our final possession comes we still have a chance to win. Whether or not that happens, we will indeed find out Friday.

Very good post, sir. Looking forward to Friday. Good luck UMass.

Sam Adams
December 11th, 2006, 07:40 AM
I've seen some App fans predicting blowout victory for themselves. The griz had fans doing the same thing at this time last week. It don't really matter, the game is going to be decided on the field. Should be a great game. App is a great looking team.

Cleets
December 11th, 2006, 08:21 AM
grizzfan
Freshman

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Armanti is the real deal. I'm rooting for UMass all the way. The only way you will save yourselves is to do a high-low on him and break at least one leg. Take the 15 yard penalty; it'd be worth it. Sorry to be so blunt but this guy appears to be unstoppable.

Tom

If any of you good Griz folk know this weed named Tom, please punch him hard squarely in the mouth.:mad: : flamemad :mad: : flamemad :nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2:

BTW. An MSU poster, on their board, suggested the same thing last week, I've never seen serious posts of this nature from any other area of the country is this way of thinking something unique to the state of Montana?:nono:

Uh...
I hesitate to call you "slow" but really... : smh :

The Umass Team - players and fans got treated with the more respect than one can imagine during a heated situation...

Taking that quote seriously shows you're an instigator, trying to provoke hatred or anger or you're slow... "Either - or" you choose

Black and Gold Express
December 11th, 2006, 09:02 AM
There seems to be a phenomenon following each playoff game whereby fans (some, not all) of the losing team convince themselves that the team that beat them must be the Best Football Team in the History of Everything and should cruise to a championship. It's a coping strategy, I guess.

I think you hit a very good point here. We all are homers, there's no two ways about it. Neither of our teams has been defeated by a I-AA team this year, and that breeds confidence.

For my team, we've run circles around everyone, constantly "surprising " them with our team speed even though week after week we hear the same thing - "our team can match ASU's speed, they aren't THAT fast...". And week in and week out we seem to take their best laid plans and (literally) run right through them.

I'm not disparaging UMass in the least, but I have yet to see anything that leads me to think Friday will not be more of the same from ASU. UMass is a very good I-AA team, I was impressed with Baylark for sure. But having seen UMass on TV a few times now, I do think they are not going to be able to run with ASU as a team, and that sets up the same scenario that has played out so far this year. If ASU plays sound football and doesn't turn it over, they will win, possibly win big. I think the physical skills of this ASU team are more akin to a I-A team than a I-AA team, they are that special (for this division historically) in that regard. I think we will be the best team UMass has faced, including Navy. People will no doubt disagree with this statement, and that's okay. Come Friday we will find out what the real deal is. But I can at least say I have 13 games worth of evidence to back that statement up.

Should UMass prove me wrong on Friday, I'll be glad to admit it.

DrG
December 11th, 2006, 09:27 AM
I don't think any of us are underestimating your team speed. I'm certainly not after watching on Saturday. But they still have to play the game.

ChickenMan
December 11th, 2006, 09:54 AM
I'm not disparaging UMass in the least, but I have yet to see anything that leads me to think Friday will not be more of the same from ASU. UMass is a very good I-AA team, I was impressed with Baylark for sure. But having seen UMass on TV a few times now, I do think they are not going to be able to run with ASU as a team, and that sets up the same scenario that has played out so far this year. If ASU plays sound football and doesn't turn it over, they will win, possibly win big. I think the physical skills of this ASU team are more akin to a I-A team than a I-AA team, they are that special (for this division historically) in that regard. I think we will be the best team UMass has faced, including Navy. People will no doubt disagree with this statement, and that's okay. Come Friday we will find out what the real deal is. But I can at least say I have 13 games worth of evidence to back that statement up.

Should UMass prove me wrong on Friday, I'll be glad to admit it.

UMass is a lot tougher than you think and I expect you may be overvaluing ASU. ASU has played only one quality oppoent away from Boone... NC St and they got beat there... the next 'best' oppent they faced on the road was GSU... a narrow 27-20 win. ASU hasn't shown me that they are the same team away from Boone that they are in Kidd Brewer... while UMass has already proven they are just as tough the road as they are at home with big road wins at UNH and at Montana.

Pards Rule
December 11th, 2006, 09:56 AM
We have had the pleasure of playing both ASU and UMASS in opening rounds. While this year's Leopard team is not near the caliber of the 2004 & 2005 teams, both UMASS and ASU should be the ones playing it out for national championship. It should be a great game. I would give ASU a slight (4-6) point advantage though. They have been through this before. What time does it start on Friday?

KAUMASS
December 11th, 2006, 10:00 AM
Why is there more smack in these threads than the smack area? Both teams are talented and this is anyone's game, period. Smack in these threads at this championship level game is just plain ignorant and disrespectful, unless your'e in the smack area. Of course I would like to see UMass win, but on paper this game is coin toss. UMass is going to see an offense that throws like New Hampshire but can also run the ball behind a solid offensive line. Appalachian's offense is going to see a defense that will be the agressor, which I did not see any of Appalachian opponets try to do in the YSU and Montana State game. Appalachian's defense is going to see a well balanced offense. UMass's offense is going to see a speedier defense than they have seen all year. This is shaping up to be a great game!!

GreatAppSt
December 11th, 2006, 10:02 AM
Uh...
I hesitate to call you "slow" but really... : smh :

The Umass Team - players and fans got treated with the more respect than one can imagine during a heated situation...

Taking that quote seriously shows you're an instigator, trying to provoke hatred or anger or you're slow... "Either - or" you choose

Whatever you say Newbie Troll.:thumbsup::rolleyes: :rolleyes: xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Lafayette71
December 11th, 2006, 10:38 AM
You have to give UMASS a lot of credit for going to Montana and getting the win. That's a huge homefield advantage up there and the Minutemen played their game from the opening kick. Right now I think that you still have to give the edge to App St the way they have been rolling to this point, but UMASS passed a difficult test this past week and have an extra days rest. It should be a fantastic game and a great showcase for FCS football.

Griswold
December 11th, 2006, 10:48 AM
To say the least I'm concerned about how much UMASS likes to blitz and with a freshman QB that could lead to some poor decisions. Edwards has had an unbelievable year but has he faced a blitzing defense like UMASS?

On the other hand those blitzes could lead to some huge ASU plays.

BigApp
December 11th, 2006, 11:07 AM
Whatever you say Newbie Troll.:thumbsup::rolleyes: :rolleyes: xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

maybe you're a slow, instigating hater
xlolx xlolx xlolx :eyebrow: xlolx xlolx xlolx

cats2506
December 11th, 2006, 11:21 AM

hey GreatAppSt show me that post on the bobcat board, I read it regulary and havent seen any postings like that. bobcatnation.com

I think griz posting you show is poor taste, like many of the ASU postings on the bobcatboard were.

PS. I dont think Edwards is the problem UMASS need to focus on, Richardson and the O line are the keys to ASU's game.

NativeAppy
December 11th, 2006, 11:23 AM
UMass is a lot tougher than you think and I expect you may be overvaluing ASU. ASU has played only one quality oppoent away from Boone... NC St and they got beat there... the next 'best' oppent they faced on the road was GSU... a narrow 27-20 win. ASU hasn't shown me that they are the same team away from Boone that they are in Kidd Brewer... while UMass has already proven they are just as tough the road as they are at home with big road wins at UNH and at Montana.

There is no comparison in the team that lost in NC State and the team on the field now. My best friend from NC State agrees that App could beat NC State easily. But that isn't even important... we're 13-1. Chattanooga won't be a road game anyway it will be just like home.

ChickenMan
December 11th, 2006, 01:05 PM
There is no comparison in the team that lost in NC State and the team on the field now. My best friend from NC State agrees that App could beat NC State easily. But that isn't even important... we're 13-1. Chattanooga won't be a road game anyway it will be just like home.

The fact remains... other than NC St... ASU hasn't faced a quality opponent away from Kidd Brewer. Can ASU play as well away from Boone as they do at home... maybe but maybe not. We will see... however UMass has already established that they can win vs top notch opposition in a hostile enviroment.

and playing UMass in Chattanooga won't be "just like home".

LehighFan11
December 11th, 2006, 01:08 PM
Edwards is the real deal. Umass should get handled.

ChickenMan
December 11th, 2006, 01:15 PM
Edwards is the real deal. Umass should get handled.

I doubt it... UMass 'handled' Navy's... #1 rushing offense in the nation pretty well... holding them 60+ yrds under the Middie's per game average.

Cleets
December 11th, 2006, 01:16 PM

Newbie Troll, Wow, Name calling (very mature)

So I guessed correctly,
You're trying to instigate hatred... Nice... I hope you feel good about yourself...

(Beaming with hillbilly hatred and pride) :rolleyes:

Bobcat in NC
December 11th, 2006, 01:16 PM
hey GreatAppSt show me that post on the bobcat board, I read it regulary and havent seen any postings like that. bobcatnation.com

I think griz posting you show is poor taste, like many of the ASU postings on the bobcatboard were.

PS. I dont think Edwards is the problem UMASS need to focus on, Richardson and the O line are the keys to ASU's game.

Bobcat2506, the post was there. Can't remember who posted it exactly (I think I remember, but don't want to hammer someone when I'm not 100% sure). However, GreatApp failed to mention that just about all of BobcatNation jumped all over the original poster for communicating such garbage. The "unique to the state of Montana" crack was out of line.

appstate1998
December 11th, 2006, 01:27 PM
The fact remains... other than NC St... ASU hasn't faced a quality opponent away from Kidd Brewer. Can ASU play as well away from Boone as they do at home... maybe but maybe not. We will see... however UMass has already established that they can win vs top notch opposition in a hostile enviroment.

and playing UMass in Chattanooga won't be "just like home".

So App lost their first game with Trey Elder running the offense and still held their own. I am sure you won't find many people that think State could beat App today, and this is coming from a lifetime State fan and graduate from their masters program. State always comes first and App second for me, but I would not give that game much weight when talking about App.

ChickenMan
December 11th, 2006, 01:46 PM
So App lost their first game with Trey Elder running the offense and still held their own. I am sure you won't find many people that think State could beat App today, and this is coming from a lifetime State fan and graduate from their masters program. State always comes first and App second for me, but I would not give that game much weight when talking about App.

you're mising the point... ASU hasn't had to face a good FCS opponent away from Kidd Brewer all year... their road wins were at Gardner-Webb... UTC... GSU... WCU... four opponents who were a combined 14-32... not exactly murders row. As I said... maybe ASU will play as well in Chattanooga as they did at home... but maybe not... ;)

Black and Gold Express
December 11th, 2006, 02:09 PM

Why would you have an ASU handle here, and say that? See App Law #1.

APP Law No. 1.
Anyone who goes to or holds a degree from Appalachian State University and insists on cheering for another school in place of, or more importantly in front of an ASU intercollegiate athletics team: Get the hell off our Mountain. We don't need you, and we surely don't want you. Turn in your diploma and take it off your resume.

GreatAppSt
December 11th, 2006, 03:24 PM
hey GreatAppSt show me that post on the bobcat board, I read it regulary and havent seen any postings like that.

Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:10 pm Post subject:

Cledus
BobcatNation Letterman

Not that I'd advocate being a cheap-shot artist but maybe it wouldn't hurt to take a roughing the passer call from the blind side early in the game just so this Edwards starts to hear foot steps.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

:)

cats2506
December 11th, 2006, 03:37 PM
Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:10 pm Post subject:

Not that I'd advocate being a cheap-shot artist but maybe it wouldn't hurt to take a roughing the passer call from the blind side early in the game just so this Edwards starts to hear foot steps.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

:)

Now this is quite a bit different than suggesting that someone break his leg so that he can't play,

More App State BS

GreatAppSt
December 11th, 2006, 03:39 PM
Bobcat2506, the post was there. Can't remember who posted it exactly (I think I remember, but don't want to hammer someone when I'm not 100% sure). However, GreatApp failed to mention that just about all of BobcatNation jumped all over the original poster for communicating such garbage. The "unique to the state of Montana" crack was out of line.

BCinNC
That was not a crack, just a question, if some football fans from that area sometimes think this way? Personally I think it is insane for any fan of the game to wish for a serious injury to a player on the field. Even if the talk is made over abudantly clear as sarcasm I still do not find this type of talk either funny or cute. And yes four of your BCNation posters including yourself dogged Cledus (as you should have) for it on BCNation.:thumbsup: Last night going to the UMass board and seeing grizzfans post I remembered the one on BCNation the week before for me it begged the question:nod:

Appdad
December 11th, 2006, 03:43 PM
you're mising the point... ASU hasn't had to face a good FCS opponent away from Kidd Brewer all year... their road wins were at Gardner-Webb... UTC... GSU... WCU... four opponents who were a combined 14-32... not exactly murders row. As I said... maybe ASU will play as well in Chattanooga as they did at home... but maybe not... ;)

You are mistaken. C/F is a second home to App. Last year we had 4 regular season home games. This will be our third game in C/F in a year. The crowd will be at least 75% loud and proud for App. The field is the same material made by an App graduate.

Welcome south brother.

Peems
December 11th, 2006, 03:52 PM
i agree with an earlier poster who said the key wont be edwards as much as it will be richardson and the o-line. right after k-rich went out the offense stalled for a while, if k-rich isnt 100 percent healthy that could really help out umass. though the backup(moore is it) seems pretty speedy. The key for umass overall to me is keep app st off the field. if you do that armanti and k-rich cant hurt you.

GreatAppSt
December 11th, 2006, 03:54 PM
Now this is quite a bit different than suggesting that someone break his leg so that he couldent play,

More App State BS

I see no difference!
Is it your opinion that taking a deliberate "blindside" to an unprotected player coud not result In a fracture? concussion? paralysis? even death? : smh : That's the point, you just don't talk like this about players anytime, anywhere, anyway, anyhow don't you agree?:thumbsup: :nod:

If this type of talk is ever tolerated or becomes the norm of fans, players will not only have to worry about game injuries and classwork but being Tanya Harding'd and that not a place I wish to visit.

BTW Cat 25 the smiley was added by me (not part of the original quote) Now why is this BS? you ask for the quote and I found it for you. Sorry it turned out to be true, did you think I was making it up?

barechestcat
December 11th, 2006, 04:04 PM
grizzfan
Freshman

Tom

Look at exactly what you said. The response was to EXACTLY what you said.
Don't get me wrong. I was one of the posters who felt this was un-called for. But, don't go categorizing all Bobcat or Griz fans by the action of a few. Unless you want us to characterize all Mountaineer fans by what is said here. :nono:

Grizo406
December 11th, 2006, 04:41 PM
Unless you want us to characterize all Mountaineer fans by what is said here. :nono:

We certainly wouldn't want to do that.

But just think if App State win the NC, and I think they might, Appaholic, and and his lovely wife just found a new vacation spot.

They can go to Amherst, wearing their '06 National Championship t-shirts, and piss all over the place.

cats2506
December 11th, 2006, 04:44 PM
I see no difference!

Suggesting that you do a high low and break someones leg and take them out of the game IS DIFFERENT than suggesting a roughing the passer penelty to make a QB hear footsteps.

Im not saying that I support the poster that suggested roughing the passer but it IS NOT THE SAME.

The job of every good pass rusher is to make the QB hear footsteps, ask your own DE's, that is what they did to Rolo, and some of their hits were borderline on the timing, I'm not whining about it, they were just doing what DE's do, that is how the game is played.

If you cant see the difference between risking a roughing call and deliberately doing a high/low to injure a player then you just don’t get it.

More App St BS

GreatAppSt
December 11th, 2006, 04:48 PM
Look at exactly what you said. The response was to EXACTLY what you said.Don't get me wrong. I was one of the posters who felt this was un-called for. But, don't go categorizing all Bobcat or Griz fans by the action of a few. :nono:

An exact response would have been an answer to the question, not a questioning of the poster.:)
I just want to understand why someone would make such a post and thought the coincident of both such posts coming from your area within a week interesting.:nod:
Yes you also called Cledus to the carpet on BCNation:thumbsup: and have my commendation for doing so.:thumbsup:
There was no categorizing of any group of posters! You may have inferred so, but if you remember I did place NAMES of the posters with their own words. If that's not enough to call attention to them specifically, not a group I don't know how else it could be done?
I was Hoping for a resounding "they're a buch of dumbasses" type posts from the world of Montana.:nod: You and BCinNC did your part on the BCN, but right now this messanger is feeling slightly bullet riddled??xlolx

cats2506
December 11th, 2006, 05:02 PM
There was no categorizing of any group of posters! You may have inferred so

GreatAppSt
"I've never seen serious posts of this nature from any other area of the country is this way of thinking something unique to the state of Montana?"

I dont think BCCat infered anything, I thought your original post was clear as to your opinion.

More App St BS .....

GreatAppSt
December 11th, 2006, 05:50 PM
Suggesting that you do a high low and break someones leg and take them out of the game IS DIFFERENT than suggesting(is not what cledus did)"Taking" a roughing the passer penelty "from the blind side" don't leave this part out (is)to make a QB hear footsteps.

The job of every good pass rusher is to make the QB hear footsteps, ask your own DE's, that is what they did to Rolo, and some of their hits were borderline on the timing, I'm not whining about it, they were just doing what DE's do, that is how the game is played. (Very true D players risk this all the time and yes that is part of the game :nod:)

If you cant see the difference between risking (Cledus did not call for) risking a roughing call (He did call for "taking" that means deliberatly planning a late unprotected cheap shot ) and deliberately doing a high/low to injure a player then you just don’t get it.

More App St BS

The argument does not revolve around the difference in the suggested tactic or unknown potential for injury if said acts were carried out. The soft caramel center is the very sadfact that these two yahoos actually put forth these ideas as possibly being viable options for a team to use in a game. :nod: :nod: : smh : : smh : xidiotx xidiotx
Spin it any way you want, splitting hairs over the degree of what each of these Cheap shot advocates called for does not matter one bit. When it comes to cheap shot artistry, you either are one or you're not,IMHO there is no lesser degree of crime.:) :)

GreatAppSt
December 11th, 2006, 05:55 PM
I dont think BCCat infered anything, I thought your original post was clear as to your opinion.
....:read:TFQ always applied to exams. Simply, that is not my opinion.

Sorry you read it that way but "is this way of thinking something unique to the state of Montana? "

It was a ?:nod: :nod:

Walkon79
December 11th, 2006, 05:59 PM
BCinNC
That was not a crack, just a question, if some football fans from that area sometimes think this way? Personally I think it is insane for any fan of the game to wish for a serious injury to a player on the field. Even if the talk is made over abudantly clear as sarcasm I still do not find this type of talk either funny or cute. And yes four of your BCNation posters including yourself dogged Cledus (as you should have) for it on BCNation.:thumbsup: Last night going to the UMass board and seeing grizzfans post I remembered the one on BCNation the week before for me it begged the question:nod:

Grow up, this is football man!! I will not advocate cheap shots, but as a former defensive player, any time you can legally take a shot at a QB, you do it!! And if you're a little late in the heat of battle, so be it! Ask your own defensive players.

No_Skill
December 11th, 2006, 06:10 PM

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

GreatAppSt
December 11th, 2006, 06:13 PM
Grow up, this is football man!! I will not advocate cheap shots, but as a former defensive player, any time you can legally take a shot at a QB, you do it!! And if you're a little late in the heat of battle, so be it! Ask your own defensive players.

Originally Posted by cats2506

The job of every good pass rusher is to make the QB hear footsteps, ask your own DE's, that is what they did to Rolo, and some of their hits were borderline on the timing, I'm not whining about it, they were just doing what DE's do, that is how the game is played. "GreatAppSt(Very true D players risk this all the time and yes that is part of the game ) "

No kidding? Grown-ups:read: :read: :read:previous posts:nod: :nod: :D

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 11th, 2006, 06:20 PM
I remember Bobby Lamb (Furman's current coach and their QB from the 1985 national championship) telling the Statesboro Herald that he would have liked to "break Tracy Hamm's leg" or something. He didn't mean anything mean-spirited about it, he was complementing him. Don't let it get to you.

barechestcat
December 11th, 2006, 10:43 PM
:read:TFQ always applied to exams. Simply, that is not my opinion.

Sorry you read it that way but "is this way of thinking something unique to the state of Montana? "
It was a ?:nod: :nod:

To answer your question, NO! This is not the way people really think. I will not sit here and say that every single person is a saint in this state. But, as a whole, we are a very genuine people who go balls out whether it's work or play.

GreatAppSt
December 12th, 2006, 12:46 AM
To answer your question, NO! This is not the way people really think. I will not sit here and say that every single person is a saint in this state. But, as a whole, we are a very genuine people who go balls out whether it's work or play.

Thank you :bow: That's what I thought all along.
People still think and act differently from separate areas of the country. Some terms of speech or actions are accepted as normal in some parts while the same would be considered repugnant in others. Just asking for clarification:thumbsup: I could have accepted an answer like If you were from here you'd have understood that this was all in jest, people say this stuff all the time around here they don't mean doodely by it I would have just chalked it up to a slight cultural difference and moved on no big deal. Sometimes you have to ask a hard question to gain understanding. ;):)